• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Safe For Work Worm Ideas thread

I've been feeling sort of Lovecraftian recently. Then I learned that there's a spider god that I hadn't heard of before. Sooooo.... maybe Taylor is the incarnation of strange dreamlands spider goddess. Needs more fleshing out but I'm not sure where I want to take the idea yet. Just feeling like working on something Lovecraftian and this jumped to mind. Plus I kind of want to find a way to get Lisa to read the Necronomicon. Because there's no way that could have horrible consequences.

I've been feeling sort of Lovecraftian recently. Then I learned that there's a spider god that I hadn't heard of before. Sooooo.... maybe Taylor is the incarnation of strange dreamlands spider goddess. Needs more fleshing out but I'm not sure where I want to take the idea yet. Just feeling like working on something Lovecraftian and this jumped to mind. Plus I kind of want to find a way to get Lisa to read the Necronomicon. Because there's no way that could have horrible consequences.
The only way reading should end badly is like this.

:D

Would she even be able to understand the language it's written in?

Given that Zion and the thinker were able to figure out all earthly languages, and what kind of bullshit Lisa has pulled off with her power, I don't think it would be a problem.

Given that Zion and the thinker were able to figure out all earthly languages, and what kind of bullshit Lisa has pulled off with her power, I don't think it would be a problem.

You mean what they figured out with all their shards available? Lisa is bullshit, but not that bullshit.

You mean what they figured out with all their shards available? Lisa is bullshit, but not that bullshit.

Don't regular humans read and understand(at least somewhat) the Necronomican?

Besides which, giving data processing shards like Lisa's access to the records of what the Entities saw on the way to Earth is hardly out there.

It's not in english. The people who can read it know the language it I'd written in, and I highly doubt that said language is taught in highschool.

Its written in Arabic, I believe... Could be wrong.

The Miskatonic university even has copies/translations of the Necronomicon. And other occult texts. IIRC.

Last edited:
The Miskatonic University has at least one version in perfect condition as part of their 'special' collection. I believe their version is Greek because there isn't a known surviving copy in English. John Dee did make a full English version at one point though, so it's not like there aren't copies in English.

crossposted on SB & SV.

I was watching the new Trailer for the upcoming show on Netflix "Marvel's The Defenders"

then out of no where i had an idea, i think the most awesome idea ever. "Wildbow's Defenders"

Where characters from from his different web novels join forces to combat a Foe that seeks to end all of existence.

Random shard power idea.

Quest giver, awards physical or monetary gain upon completion of specific circumstances. Minor stranger power granting slight anonymity to shard holder.

Tentative cape names: Mr. Johnson, NPC, quest giver.

Probably should mention this here. Caught this song awhile back and every time I hear it all I can think is that it would be perfect for a sort of montage for the survivors of Golden Morning at the end of worm, or maybe the credits if Worm ever became a movie/miniseries.

At first I was thinking "a ReBoot crossover is a terrible idea" because I misread the tags on a new fic. But then I thought about it and I realized that the cubes would make a GREAT Endbringer. Cube drops on a city with say a half hour of notice, blaring "WARNING, INCOMING GAME" the whole time. Barely anyone can make it to a cube fight. Legend, maybe whoever happens to be near Strider or other teleporters, locals, Uber and Leet who happen to have a teleporter so shitty they can only really use it to get takeout from other cities... So the first cube drops on Toronto, freaking everyone right the fuck out. You've got Dragon and Narwhal as locals, and Legend can make it from New York, then Uber and Leet squeeze in right as the door slams shut. Everyone else is left outside banging on the giant purple undulating walls.

Luckily, in a Game, every single civilian gets a temporary powerup. So does every single PRT officer. Suddenly, the PRT has a significant and noticeable impact on fights against a specific Endbringer. Even more luckily, Enzo, AndrAIa, and Frisket happened to be riding this particular cube in, and give the PRT a crash course. Uber and Leet broadcast the whole thing.

Thoughts?

At first I was thinking "a ReBoot crossover is a terrible idea" because I misread the tags on a new fic. But then I thought about it and I realized that the cubes would make a GREAT Endbringer. Cube drops on a city with say a half hour of notice, blaring "WARNING, INCOMING GAME" the whole time. Barely anyone can make it to a cube fight. Legend, maybe whoever happens to be near Strider or other teleporters, locals, Uber and Leet who happen to have a teleporter so shitty they can only really use it to get takeout from other cities... So the first cube drops on Toronto, freaking everyone right the fuck out. You've got Dragon and Narwhal as locals, and Legend can make it from New York, then Uber and Leet squeeze in right as the door slams shut. Everyone else is left outside banging on the giant purple undulating walls.

Luckily, in a Game, every single civilian gets a temporary powerup. So does every single PRT officer. Suddenly, the PRT has a significant and noticeable impact on fights against a specific Endbringer. Even more luckily, Enzo, AndrAIa, and Frisket happened to be riding this particular cube in, and give the PRT a crash course. Uber and Leet broadcast the whole thing.

Thoughts?

Didn't canon give them, what, 2 hours? Enough time to fully mobilize and give a damn speech. 30 minutes is actually pretty good.

Didn't canon give them, what, 2 hours? Enough time to fully mobilize and give a damn speech. 30 minutes is actually pretty good.
Yeah but in canon stragglers were meaningful. If you don't make that half hour window, nothing you do matters.

From OverReactionGuy's thread:

Just a little something that I thought about for awhile. Probably not going to do it since the SI is basically insanely powerful and would only grow stronger. Being an ever adapting and evolving robot girl would do that to you. But I thought I'd explore a tad bit on a what if Leet completely snapped because reasons and that his power decided to allow him to do his thing because Leet is finally going full conflict/ not caring about safety mode.
Had a vaguely similar idea (including the reason his shard is being so helpful), but it involved Uber being killed by Hookwolf or Kaiser, or another E88 cape, and L33t doing a Wolfenstein-themed suicide run which effectively wipes out the Empire, at least in terms of capes (the fact that he manages to permanently remove Alabaster from the board attracts a great deal of interest). At best, the only survivors would be Rune (a kid) and maybe Othala (useful Trump, if the PRT can turn her), but neither would be in any condition to keep the PRT from taking them in.

Also had a vague thought of him having some sort of amnesia device, which might be what he hits Alabaster, Rune, and/or Othala with (probably not all three), before it blows up.

If I ever write it (sadly not likely), it'll be told from the PoV of people watching the video L33t posts on his channel (possibly with a PHO section). All proceeds to be donated to victims of hate crimes.

So, just got done watching Season (Series) 1 of The Almighty Johnsons. Basic premise of the show is that the Æsir (Norse Pantheon) move to New Zealand and interbred with mortals, during this time the children of those unions have a chance to ascend to a watered down version of godhood on their 21st birthday where they take part in a ritual to see which god they are and gain minor powers of the god that they were. One of the main characters learns he is Odin and must marry/fall in love with Frigg to ascend to full godhood.

Now, onto the Worm Crossover portion. Instead of New Zealand, the Æsir moved to America. Instead of a ritual to bring out the minor godhood the offspring instead ascend during times of high stress (similar to triggering, their latent godhood preventing them from being shard hosts).

The following are the god/character matches:

Taylor: Frigg (Goddess of Marriage and hearth, knows the fate of all beings)
Danny: Ullr (God of the Hunt and Games, proficient hunter and master of all games)
Emma: Fulla (Goddes of Fertility and handmaiden to Frigg)
Alan Barnes: Loki (God of Fire and trickery)
Greg Veder: Odin (Leader of the Æsir pantheon and linked to wisdom,magic and being a warrior god.)

In addition to their watered down versions of the powers from their domains they receive slight buffs to strength, and durability to put them above human levels. The reason i chose Taylor and Greg as Frigg and Odin was to see Taylor overcome her dislike of Greg to commit enough to love him and ascend all the while dealing with the gangs and endbringers and high school.

Ok, I'm new here so please don't kill me.

My idea is a crossover idea between Brave Frontier and Worm,Similar to a story I started before "Percy Jackson: Heir of The Gates", where Taylor ends up getting Lucius's powers after he's killed by the protagonist. her powers would include:

Unit Summoning

Gate Manipulation

Individual Empowerment

Lucius Form (Probably would be either as big as Simurg or bigger)

Elemental Control

Universal Synconization (Similar to the Kalidescope from Type Moon, where Zeltrech can borrow knowledge or powers from his counterparts)

What do you all think about it?

Ok, I'm new here so please don't kill me.
Oh, don't worry. We do much more interesting things to new people here than kill them.
NpOxsHQ.gif

As for your idea, I think that there's not much to it. Simply proposing an alt-power for Taylor does not make for an interesting story all by itself. It can, but that's more in spite of the inspiration rather than because of it.

I'd spend some time figuring out what is different from canon because of the change before starting to write it.

'Interesting' being code for 'sodomy'.

0_0 Well that's one way to start a conversation.

But honestly I came up with the idea while reading More Than Meets The Eye, and thought about who else you could use to give Taylor powers in a diffrent way.

The other idea I had was that after Golden morning, the dimension that Taylor and her Dad get thrown into happens to be the Psyren-verse where Taylor ends up meeting Nemisis Q and becomes a Psychier and uses this event to make up for what she had to do to kill Scion, plus considering what she went through she'd end up with a power on the level of Sephirot and Meleche's Door, either just as powerful or just so versitile it seems overpowered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back