1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Something To Atone For. BtVS/AtS, Doyle SI.

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Flightless Man, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Scurra71900

Scurra71900 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Thanks for the update!

Flightless Man likes this.
  2. Lillie Jones

Lillie Jones Versed in the lewd.

"IT'S GUNN WITH TWO N'S " HAHA! / A BLOODY "HOMECOMING" VAMP BATTLE CONCLUSION!

Whilst we catch back up with our Si Doyle with more Buffy Summers/ Merrick ( Watcher) at the Homecoming dance, along with Buffy Summers and Gunn's Crew.
    As Si Doyle preparation were in order for the Lothos demon assault at the high school Homecoming dance. Including Si Doyle giving Buffy Summers the run down of what's supposed to happen if he hadn't intervened at all for precise timing ( movie film version) as Merrick was supposed die and Buffy running to las Vegas for a few days and burning down the school, which had Slayer Buffy Summers in the psychedelic ward for a while. As our Si Doyle had a rather pre plan ( Gang attack at school excuse).
    Meantime new friend 's Charles Gunn was impressed by Si Doyle 's razor sharp Bat ( TWD Negan vibes), which had Gunn wanting to tune his ride too ?
    Erstwhile, the Final battle commences for the Angel crew/ Buffy / Merrick duo at the school bus and the rest of the team at football field against the rogue vampires.
    As Si Doyle fought in human form( which in my general opinion was an either good idea or an half cocked on a vampire nest with his demon heritage strength) the overwhelming number of vampire and Gunn's Crew and Buffy running point for the teams .
    Meantime Si Doyle was taunting to the vampire master Lothos demon before getting ran down by his powerful speed as well with getting an unexpected too close to death moment before Tech girl Fred saves him again, haha!
    We'll see how it goes next time for our Si Doyle Angel investigation crew/ Buffy Summers/ Merrick team for the newest clean up with dusted Vampires in the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!
    ( Don't burn yourself out now Author San)?

P.S. Fred Burkle ( Amy Acker) really shined at end of this chapter and it really shows her character development ( growth) albeit in a different similar environment) she still has some inner badass ness from her pre Pylea self ( cannon self) at the Homecoming dance battle.
    Thanks again for the heads up with Si Doyle revealed his own personal intimacy issues regarding if he wants to keep his( visions) for the further upcoming seasons , it kinda socks at the moment, although issue on the backburner for Si Doyle ( of course the "PTB" want ruin his sex life or lack there of ( jerks the lot of them?) Then totally in character for the mysterious PTB Club.
    I definitely want to see Fred 's POV on how she went about from potential victim of circumstances to new demon hunter/ weapons tech support/ occult expert ( not quite sure about that one yet?).Including on she easily took to it hmm?
    Also Si Doyle really got to remove the wedding ring and his explanation about leaving it on to bff Fred and ( visionary) seer intimacy issues . not exactly in that order though, Still somewhat dealing with Homecoming battle fallout and potential meeting with future champion Angel in Sunnydale or Los Angeles in the meantime hmm?

3. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

Even without the sludge issue counting as contamination, the water main uses the same water that comes out of residential sinks - chlorinated is ineligible for the blessing.

Some high tech water treatment methods can produce eligible tap water - for example, UV sterilization - but they’re way too expensive for large cities like LA. Even large scale desalination plants can’t economically meet LA’s demands.

This. Even outside Sunnydale, people expect horses when they hear hoofbeats, not zebras. And nobody wants it to be a herd of nuckelavee.

There’s actually a way to do it that retains full strength, but it almost requires you to make your own paint. Oil can be blessed much like water can, as can certain herbs - and the combination makes holy oil-based paint.

*crosses

4. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

I wanted something I could fight demons and vampires with. And he should at least have a snowplow ready for heavy vamp nights.

Gunns crew is way to untrusting of any kind of demon. Revealing my face would have ruined any good will.

Was trying to let Buffy get him from behind. Forgot he could fly.

I'll try not to.

I'm glad. I wanted a normal human to get the kill, to really enforce the lesson to Buffy.

He's really not sure of the rules, but testing it out could screw someone over for life.

Hmm. I think that can be arranged.

Fred PoV with Lorne, while Doyle is driving to get Tara.

Guess I'm just spoiled. My water supply has almost always come from river/well sources.

Sunnydale just lets you get away with ridiculous excuses and on a consistant basis. This kind of thing would probably only partially work on the Hemery crowd next time this was tried (for a while at least and it fades from memory).

That's the big thing. Time and resources. Making better Holy water/oil will be on the list.

thank you.

Lillibilli likes this.
  5. Threadmarks: Interlude 1: Misunderstandings
    Flightless Man

Interlude 1: Misunderstandings
    The Sunday after the battle brings a strangely quiet morning in Winnifred Burkle’s apartment. With Allen on the road to Louisiana, Lorne and Fred try to get her place packed before his return.

It’s a sombre mood as Fred tries not to think of the six students who died. With her relief at the intercom buzzing, very obvious to the empath.

“Is Mister Doyle here?” Buffy’s voice reveals her confusion at the name Burkle on the list downstairs. “He said I could find him here if I needed help with anything.”

“Sorry Doll, he was up with the sun.” Lorne takes his chance to speak to someone new and presses the intercom before Fred has a chance to even move towards it. “Should be back in a few days with his...” Frowning, the green Pylean tries to remember the lie Allen came up with. “Sister and niece.”

“Oh...” The fifteen year old’s voice is filled with inner turmoil. “Can you let him know I stopped by?”

Exchanging looks of concern, Lorne makes up his mind and buzzes Buffy inside. “You may as well come up, Allen’s supposed to check in around dinnertime.”

“Whoa...” When Buffy is let in, her eyes immediately lock onto the green demon wrapping plates in newspaper.

“Did you get in much trouble at home?” Fred distracts the Slayer from her staring by bringing up last night’s battle. “Or did the cover up work?”

Glancing down at the brunette’s hand, Buffy notices a distinct lack of wedding ring. “Dad bought the news report. Don’t think Mom is going to let me patrol for a few weeks though, she thinks Pike is in a gang.”

Hesitating for a few awkward seconds, Buffy eventually decides to work up to her question with some smaller ones first. “I know you don’t have to take his name. But aren’t you supposed to at least wear the ring?”

“We’re not married,” Fred denies it with a frown. “He hasn’t actually said what happened to her. So I can only assume...” She trails off and lets Buffy figure it out for herself.

“She died?” Whispers Buffy as she puts a few of the puzzle pieces in backwards.

“It’s the only reason I can think of for why he’s so devoted to helping strangers.” Fred shares her own evidence. “He doesn’t really seem to want to stop and think about his own life. So I haven’t worked up the nerve to ask him yet.”

Nodding at that grim thought, Buffy changes the subject to Fred’s own involvement. “What about you? You seem to be coping with the crazy just fine.”

“I always knew the world was hiding stuff. I’m just glad it’s something I can actually stand up to.” Fred leans in a little closer to Buffy and nearly whispers. “Aliens would have been so much scarier to deal with.”

“I guess...” Not fully convinced, Buffy ends up packing movies into a box while she waits for the phone to ring. “You’re going to Sunnydale with him?”

“Someone needs to watch his back and Lorne is pretty much a pacifist.” Fred rolls her eyes at how many times she’s been forced to save the seer.

Chuckling in agreement, Buffy thinks back to Lothos’ end. “That was a pretty awesome shot.”

“Was nothing compared to you.” Fred shakes her head, trying to work the pink from her cheeks. “You danced through those vampires. Made Gunn’s friends seem like snails.”

“It’s going to be nice having people to patrol with,” Admits the cheerleader as she tapes up her first box and starts helping Lorne wrap the cutlery. “Getting used to having someone watch my back.”

“What about your Watcher?” Fred remembers the older man who took part in the fight. “Isn’t that his job?”

“He’s having a hard time keeping up now. Kind of worried he’s not just joking about retirement.” Scowling a how many painkillers Merrick took during training yesterday, Buffy tries to keep herself distracted with the packing.

It doesn’t work for more than a few minutes at a time. But it gives the girl a chance to get out of her house and the drama between her parents for the afternoon at least.

Buffy explains that Merrick has narrowed down the demon at the Hyperion to a few possibilities. In exchange, Lorne shares some of the less terrible details of Pylea.

“We have a dance for pretty much everything.” The claim is followed by him kicking his legs out to each side, in a quick rendition of the ‘Dance of Joy’. “But only one of my cousins is any good at keeping a beat. For the most part, it just looks like a bunch of writhing pickles whenever someone gets married.”

“It must be so weird without any music.” Buffy tries to imagine such a celebration and shudders. “I don’t know how many days I wasted listening to the Devinyls. You know, before my mom explained what the lyrics really meant.”

Trying not to giggle to hard, Fred shares her own history with music. “Mine had to tell me what Nirvanna really meant by the ‘Heart-Shaped Box’.”

“And this is why I love music,” Lorne preens at the blossoming friendship. “It brings people together.”

His comment leads to someone flicking the radio on, all three soon dancing along to Elvis’ crooning. When Buffy starts to sing along with him, Fred has to shoot the demon a stern look.

“What did we talk about Lorne?” She stares him down with a hand on each hip, making the empath duck his head.

“I’ll take ‘Buffy is confused for five hundred’.” The Slayer’s eyes dart between the demon and the genius, waiting for either to fill her in.

“Lorne tell you some of your fate if you sing around him,” Explains Fred with her lips pursed in annoyance. “Makes it really hard to watch anything with him, I love singing the theme songs.”

Nodding slowly as she takes in the information, Buffy’s curiosity eventually wins out over her fear. “Well what did you get out of me?”

“You’re going to have to choose between two people you love pretty soon.” Lorne gives her a sympathetic smile.

“Great.” Buffy knows what he means and bends a knife when she clenches her fists angrily. “So I guess Mom’s not really looking for a vacation home. Things aren’t getting better between them.”

Fred is quick to deny the words, her voice filled with determination. “How long have they been fighting?”

“Years...” Once she admits that, Buffy looks more lost than before.

“So it’s not because of you being the Slayer.” Fred consoles her, giving Lorne a chance to take the rest of the utensils from the distraught teen.

Between consoling words and four episodes of Yogi Bear, the pair eventually manage to get Buffy back to a neutral state. Each time the theme song starts to play, both girls burst out in even more amused giggles than the last time.

“Lothos was really old, right?” Fred steers the conversation away from family and back to business once the tape finishes. “So shouldn’t he have a bunch of stuff stashed away somewhere?”

“Merrick is going to track them down after we deal with the hotel.” Buffy considers the question, her brow crinkling as she does. “Said it’s going to take a while to find all the nests and this demon is a problem now.”

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 41 others like this.
  6. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!

7. Lillie Jones

MISUNDERSTANDINGS ( AN INTERLUDE)!
    We catch back up with our resident seer Si Doyle in route to Louisiana, along with Lorn and fred at the apartment complex.
    Fred POV, was unexpectely meeting with the other young Slayer Buffy Summers chatting about the recent Homecoming battle aftermath.
    Including Fred's Burkle misconception about bff SI Doyle wedding ring and his supposed mission to saving people thing ( lack of consideration over his own life for saving people) ,if Fred has seen things he's seen in ( visions) and foreknowledge bonus ,you'll likely be able to either run away or barrel headfirst than doing anything at all. Ms.Burkle and you think what dealt with bad(?Lothos)already,My dearest fred hasn't seen anything yet at moment in the Btvs/ Atv verse.
    Erstwhile. Buffy Summers had fortune told by Lorne whom told her she would have to choose between 2 people she loves ( I'm speculating one is Angel and other is possible Si Doyle or someone else entirely, I think? )
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle & Angel crew and Buffy Summers/ Merrick ( retirement), also Si Doyle 's other trip to Louisiana the meantime .
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

P.S.I can definitely see making than mistaken assumptions about the half demon ( Brachen) seer Si Doyle as Doyle only given the most minimum bare note version but he wasn't being entirely clearly in the conversation context. As he never implied she was dead or otherwise in the conversation with Lorne and Fred probably?

ThedudeManBro and Flightless Man like this.
  8. Lillie Jones

MISUNDERSTANDINGS ( AN INTERLUDE)!
    We catch back up with our resident seer Si Doyle in route to Louisiana, along with Lorn and fred at the apartment complex.
    Fred POV, was unexpectely meeting with the other young Slayer Buffy Summers chatting about the recent Homecoming battle aftermath.
    Including Fred's Burkle misconception about bff SI Doyle wedding ring and his supposed mission to saving people thing ( lack of consideration over his own life for saving people) ,if Fred has seen things he's seen in ( visions) and foreknowledge bonus ,you'll likely be able to either run away or barrel headfirst than doing anything at all. Ms.Burkle and you think what dealt with bad(?Lothos)already,My dearest fred hasn't seen anything yet at moment in the Btvs/ Atv verse.
    Erstwhile. Buffy Summers had fortune told by Lorne whom told her she would have to choose between 2 people she loves ( I'm speculating one is Angel and other is possible Si Doyle or someone else entirely, I think? )
    We'll see how it goes next time for Si Doyle & Angel crew and Buffy Summers/ Merrick ( retirement), also Si Doyle 's other trip to Louisiana the meantime .
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

P.S.I can definitely see making than mistaken assumptions about the half demon ( Brachen) seer Si Doyle as Doyle only given the most minimum bare note version but he wasn't being entirely clearly in the conversation context. As he never implied she was dead or otherwise in the conversation with Lorne and Fred probably?

9. Flightless Man

He never mentions her, gives his apartment away, is desperate to leave the city, and seems to have little regard for his own well being. It defintly looks like his wife was killed by something demonic. Which of course makes him look like a tragic hero.

Gindjurra likes this.
  10. Threadmarks: Chapter 13: You Said It
    Flightless Man

Chapter 13: You Said It
    The trailer park I pull up to is one of those tacky ones with a bunch of plastic animals. I’ve counted at least thirty flamingos so far.

Holding up the address Fred printed off, I compare it to the one beside the mailbox. “Here goes everything.”

As I slam the door of the rental truck, I notice the curtains move at the kitchen window. This leads to the front door swinging open before I’m even halfway to it, with a scrawny man about to tell me to clear out.

“Steven Maclay?” Ignoring his words, I have a hard time restraining myself to just an angry growl.

“Who wants to know?” His false civility is replaced with wariness.

“Looking for my sister...” I let my demonic side come out and am very satisfied at the sight of a wet patch forming around Steven’s crotch. “Took a while but I finally tracked her down.”

“But...” A dozen emotions flash across his face as his lie becomes a horrible reality.

My crimson eyes bore into him and I allow myself to revel in the bullies terror. “I’m going to make it really simple for you Steven.”

“What do you mean?” I have to give him credit for having the guts to maintain eye contact. Think that puts him slightly above the worms.

“Mary’s coming home with me. You get to decide if we take half your stuff or all of it.” My smirk only grows even wider when it’s obvious he wants to attack me. “Divorce law let you keep half your valuables and your life. Inheritance law means we get everything.”

“Donnie’s the only one in my will.” The pathetic excuse for a father tries to deny my threat.

But that just gives me another target to direct my rage towards. “Guess I better dig two graves.”

Steven Maclay’s face pales as I stomp towards him, my fists clenched into shaking fists. When I’m within arms reach, he shows exactly how yellow his belly really is.

“You can take them!” He falls onto his back while trying to escape my wrath, looking up at me with terror filled eyes. “Take whatever you want!”

He devolves into sobbing and I end up having to drag him inside by the collar. The woman waiting in the immaculate kitchen, is the spitting image of Tara.

She has a lot more wrinkles and half her hair has been replaced by silver strands. But I can finally see where Tara’s inner strength came from.

A rolling pin swings for the side of my head, with me barely ducking under it in time. The first attack is followed up by at least a dozen cans of soup.

Nothing I say gets the distraught wife to stop her assault. It’s only when the cretin in my grip tells her to start packing, that Mary finally lets me in the house.

She doesn’t give the scum any argument and is up the stairs before I have a chance to say anything else. While we can hear her shuffling around in the next room, I keep up the menacing of Steven.

“Mary told me it was just magic...” He mutters to himself while I starting grabbing the nice China I assume came from the wedding. “Said I was just talking nonsense.”

He gets worried about something and gets the tiniest bit of inner fire. “What about the kids? What are you going to do with my boy?”

“I tracked my sister by scent.” I lie out of my ass, telling the horrible whatever it takes to keep him out of Tara’s life forever. “I’ll be able to tell if the whelps are worth bringing with me.”

While my ‘sister’ brings suitcases downstairs, I make Steven divide everything else in the trailer. It’s very telling that he struggles more with the choice between the television and couch, than he does with the idea of losing his family.

“The kids will be home from school soon,” Mary reminds us with a very timid voice, making me glance at the clock on the stove.

She’s true to her word, Tara and Donald both getting off the school bus less than ten minutes later. Whatever Donnie says to his sister, has her head hang with shame for the entire walk to the door.

“Get them ready for inspection, I want to be on the road by four.” My growl has Steven scampering to obey, while Mary wheels out the last suitcase from her daughter’s room.

“What’s going on with the U-Haul, Are we moving?” The cocky voice of Donald Maclay, makes me clench my hands tight enough to make my palms bleed.

“All depends on how pure your blood is Nephew.” My voice gets both teens to gasp, with Donnie’s eyes scanning for any kind of weapon. “Not wasting my time on a filthy human.”

Donnie looks ready to argue, only to freeze in horror when I reach for one of the cans Mary threw earlier. Squeezing with less than a quarter of my strength, it bursts and covers Donnie with creamed corn.

He doesn’t move beyond trembling as I make a show of inhaling Donnie’s scent. Sagging in relief along with his father, when I reject his ‘purity’ of blood.

“At least one of you smells good, barely any of that human stench in this beauty.” My comment to Tara is actually one of the few true ones out of my lips since getting here. Whatever herbs she was last using gives off a pleasant ‘woodsy’ aroma and I make a mental note to ask about it on the drive.

“Mom...” Turning to Mary with growing fear mixed with just a hint of relief, Tara seeks an answer from the only person she trusts with the truth. “Where are going?”

“Home.” My response is firm and full of scorn being directed towards the male Maclays. “You don’t belong with these people.”

When Tara turns to her father for support, he refuses to even look at her. “It’s better this way Tara.”

“Donnie?” No matter how much she fears both men, Tara is still heartbroken to learn neither will defend her.

“You heard Pa.” Her brother at least makes eye contact as he crushes Tara’s hope. “You don’t belong here.”

“No, they really don’t.” Agreeing with the foul excuse for a human, I give my ‘niece’ a warm smile. “So once you put Tara’s bed and dresser in the truck, I’ll have the girls out of your lives forever.”

Steven looks relieved at the news. But Donnie shows he has at least five brain cells in his head.

“What about me? Will my kids be fre-” His father stops him from finishing by slamming his heel on Donnie’s toes. “... Like you?”

“Doubtful.” It was made to seem like only Tara and her mother was abused. So as long as no one teaches Donnie’s kids, they should manage to get a normal life.

The final ten minutes at the Maclay residence is filled with uncomfortable silence. With Tara aware of how little the men care about her, she is left to cling to her mother’s arm for support.

“How much is in your accounts?” I don’t bother asking Steven and direct the words to his soon to be ex wife. “Get him to sign over a check for half of it. We’ll hit the bank before Steven has a chance to do something stupid like cancel it.”

“And I’ll never see any of you again?” The father’s lack of control is driving him crazy, making him only care about getting this over with now.

Once I confirm the question, Steven practically shoes us into the packed U-Haul. Neither he nor his son stick around to say any goodbyes, finally leaving me alone with the only decent Maclays.

“Get in, banks close at five.” And Steven is probably already on the phone with his.

Exchanging looks of confusion, Tara and her mom climb into the passenger side. Once Tara is buckled up in the middle, I climb into the driver’s seat with a sigh of relief.

“I guess you probably want to know the truth.” And I’ll even tell you most of it, we’re going to be on the road for a while.

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 33 others like this.
  11. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!

12. Lillie Jones

A GOOD SURPRISE CHAPTER, HERE IM THINKING I'LL WAITING FOR A NEW CHAPTER TOMORROW AUTHOR SAN!
    My shortest review yet, cause I'm doing too many things at home.
    Anyway Big Brother Doyle arrived in style ( Demon Brachen ) showed up at the Trailer park for Tara & Mary McClay , besides scared straight Steven ( Taken style) Liam Neeson and cleaning out the half money accounts to ex husband Steve and brother Donnie. ( a waste of space for both men really).?
    As Si Doyle was willing the truth and how much they 're really believe in the half demon seer Si Doyle on a road trip back to Sunnydale with McCray mother & daughter duo to bff Fred & Lorne in the home front at the meantime.
    See you soon
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

13. Gindjurra

Gindjurra Versed in the lewd.

Be careful of those things, they’re dangerous even for Omega Lords, in the right circumstances… :p
    https://imgur.com/gallery/k17ljmq

Dimarash and Flightless Man like this.
  14. Flightless Man

And thank you for the comment. It may seem like a small thing, but it is appreciated each time.

It's going to be another evening chapter today. I'm pretty sick right now and it's slow going.
    That's alright, I always enjoy reading them. but I understand having a busy life

I honestly probably could have left the girls after the reveal. Doubtful Steven/Donnie would do anything after seeing the lies are "true". The men probably would have fled in the middle of the night.

One last mission in LA and then it's onto Sunnydale.

That is amazing. Whoever did that needs a medal.

Dimarash and Gindjurra like this.
  15. Threadmarks: Chapter 14: Making Arrangements
    Flightless Man

Chapter 14: Making Arrangements
    “So you just travel around helping people?” Tara is on her third helping of pancakes and is eyeing the last few between us.

“Well normally the visions are in the same city.” I spear my last sausage and slide it onto her plate. “Guess that means one of you is meant for something special.”

I forgot Tara had the ability to read people’s auras and it really made sure they could trust my answers. After a night discussing the issue in the privacy of a separate motel room, the mother daughter combo have come to an agreement.

“You really don’t want anything else from us?” Pouring a fifth sugar into her coffee, Mary can’t seem to believe I just need some help reading a book. “Just some magic lessons?”

“I know it’s just going to keep coming up.” If I don’t at least get a grasp on the basics, I’ll just end up causing more problems than Xander did. “Got a pretty busy eight years ahead of me.”

I can remember at least a dozen apocalypses off the top of my head. Even if Buffy and Angel stopped them without my involvement, I’ve already started changing to many things.

Can’t really back out of the whole champion gig now. Could have already screwed with destiny enough to get the whole world killed.

“Are we really going to live with a ghost?” Realizing that I’m not going to snap like her father, Tara finally makes eye contact without instantly flinching away.

“Dennis is one of the nice ones.” And he’ll deal with his mother once the wall is torn down. “I’m sure you’ll both love him.”

Mary raises her own concerns with the plan to sign Tara up at Hemery. “I saw the news. Is the school really safe?”

“It is now.” giving the mother a reassuring grin, I realize this might be a chance to head of another problem. “But you could do me one favour Tara.”

“What?” The sweet girl is desperate to repay me.

“Tell Billy Fordham that a werewolf bite is better than one from a vampire.” He might need to get locked up three nights a month. But I could probably convince Gunn to set aside a room at the Hyperion.

She promises to do so with a curious frown and the three of us get back on the road once Mary finishes her coffee. The last few hours back to Los Angeles are finally free of any tension, letting us actually start getting to know each other.

I tell them about what really happened at the Hemery dance and Mary seems to be getting more comfortable about the enrolment. But Tara is more interested in the teenage superhero she’s been asked to befriend and the idea of a demonic nightclub.

“She fights vampires every night?” Aw fills the younger witch’s voice. “All by herself?”

“Most of the time.” Watchers are supposed to help. “I patrolled with her a few times.” But even Giles was rarely in the field himself. “Not really sure if I was helping or slowing her down though.” Kind of went back and forth each night.

Inspiration flashes in Tara’s eyes. “So will she need help now that you’re leaving?”

“No.” Is Mary’s quick response that comes out slightly before my own ‘if you want to’.

“You said you used to be a nurse.” Shrugging off the mother’s glare, I realize how useful that could be. “Well Buffy and the crew could both use some patching up when things get rough. You could work something out with Gunn.”

Her glare softens and Mary seems to reconsider her hard line stance. “That doesn’t sound too bad.”

“They lose around five guys a mon-” My words suddenly cut off as pain explodes inside my skull.

Tara barely manages to grab the wheel and pull us to the shoulder, while I writhe in agony through another vision. The searing pain of my organs liquefying is experienced in it’s entirety before the victim mercifully dies.

“Allen!” Mary’s voice is nothing but panic as her daughter struggles with the wheel.

“That’s the worst one by far...” I pant as the sight of the highway returns, the sensation of dread filling me. “We need to make a stop in Vegas.”

I was barely able to make out a lit up pyramid before the pain overwhelmed everything and yet that’s still enough for a destination. Only one place in the state that I can find one of those.

“Are you going to be alright?” A very worried mother has noticed my shaking hands.

“You should probably drive the rest of the way.” That was way too close for comfort.

Tara rummages in her purse and hands me some sappy willow bark. It’s cut up into into bite sized squares and she has a paper bag half filled with them.

Taking one, I frown at the smell of sage and cinnamon. “What are they?”

“Mom makes them for my cramps.” She blushes red right to her ears. “Better than any painkillers you can get over the counter.”

“Well you just became my guardian angels.” Ignoring the smell to the best of my ability, I pop the square of bark into my mouth.

To my astonishment, the relief is almost instant. The phantom sensation of my organs melting is replaced with a fuzzy floating feeling and the screaming in my skull becomes low rumbles.

“I’m going to need a lifetime supply of this stuff.” I can actually bring this stuff onto a school campus. “Name your price.”

“Let me come with you tonight.” Tara shows her spine of steel underneath a lifetime of being beaten down. “So I know you aren’t just faking this whole vision thing.”

“You’re the first person whose wanted proof...” Too impressed to be even slightly annoyed, I do remember to glance at Mary before speaking. “But I guess it’s alright. Just need to grab you some hairspray first.”

A few test runs with Buffy was enough to find out it works to chase off most of the bloodsuckers. The smart ones go for easier prey, while a lighter takes care of any who still decide to go in for the kill.

“You two stay on the main strip and I’ll let you know when it’s safe.” Which means you can see the body if you really want to. “Just need to call my expert first and see if he knows any weaknesses.”

I have absolutely no idea what the slug like demon really is. But I don’t think this is a problem that will be solved with a box of salt.

“Don’t really want to run in unprepared again.” Not if Merrick could identify the Boretz with a single glance.

It’s frustrating to admit the Watchers may not be completely useless as an organization, with only a few stand out members being of any real use. They may not have the numbers to go toe to toe with evil worldwide.

But the Council has enough knowledge to support the ones who are. I just need to figure out a way to convince them sharing is caring and some stock tips might be a good way to start.

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 43 others like this.
  16. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!

17. Lillie Jones

A HUNTING TRIP WE'LL GO TARA MCCLAY/ ALONGWITH( MEETING FUTURE GIRLFRIEND WILLOW)HAHAHA!
    Whilst we catch back up with our Si Doyle with Mcclay Mother & daughter duo ( Mary & Tara) from brother Doyle.
    As our resident half demon seer Si Doyle explained the gist of the situation to supposed " Wiccan " family and young Tara being surprising skeptical about the new friend Si Doyle intentions ( which he can't blame her too much though considering she's been let down every male figure in her life. Although Si Doyle is quickly becoming mr.Reliable ( unknown semi tragic hero assumption) by Fred Burkle, despite his own personal hang up ( with the PTB) club is sure enough building his own confidence support system for the upcoming seasons in the Btvs/ Atv verse.
    Including young Tara wants to meet our resident Slayer Buffy Summers with new school Sunnydale high school ( late night patrolling)for proof by new friend Si Doyle in route to Los Angeles and Sunnydale. Besides Si Doyle getting an unexpected brutal vision when driving on the roadside as Ms. McClay helps with the painful effects with some surprising Willow bark cube for the pain .
    Erstwhile, Si Doyle preparation for dealing with narcissistic ( militaristic) Council of Watchers ( cause Si Doyle needs to have leverage and speak softly with an exceptional "Big Stick " for the Rich guys in the corrupted Watcher 's watchers Council. Including Si Doyle with more Stock options for the more own personal funds for the Angel. My best speculation guess.?).
    We'll see how it goes next time for our unlikely Si Doyle with Angel investigation crew/ Buffy Scooby gang ( not happening yet) in " Something to Atone For " at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

P.S.My fanfavorite Headcannon thoughts is Si Doyle at Wolfram & Hart spewing death threats at fanfavorite bad girl Lila for some mysterious deal he's cooking with wily Wolfram & Hart department ,as Everyone else thinks they are general (pov)hinks it there a"ggressively flirting " with each other, Haha!

18. Flightless Man

I really liked the idea of Tara meeting Buffy before Willow and having a little crush on the superhero.

I wanted something that wasn't going to keep getting Doyle High/drunk.

Lilah Morgan will be making an appearance eventually.

Dimarash likes this.
  19. Threadmarks: Chapter 15: Noodle Incident
    Flightless Man

Chapter 15: Noodle Incident
    “But this place is huge!” Mary is very aware of how expensive an apartment like this should really cost.

“And haunted by a very territorial mother.” I’m not exactly sure which wall needs to be opened up and figure it can be fixed later. “So start putting holes in every wall.”

But Lorne has a better idea and corrects me with a confident smirk.

“Or we could save time and start with the right one.” The empath ignores bloody writing on the peach walls that haven’t been repainted since the seventies and strides through the storm of papers. “Either these walls are filled with bodies, or Dennis is in this one.”

Lorne’s hammer goes through the drywall and the change is instant. The furniture drops as a ghoulish woman appears in the middle of the room. She goes from a look of snide cruelty to terror as Dennis’ spirit fog emerges from the hole.

“He’s so sad...” Mutters Tara as the cloud surrounds the ghastly mother and begins dissolving her.

“Told you Dennis was a good guy.” I scratch at the rash on my neck and notice Fred’s curious gaze.

I’ve been tight lipped about how corrosive the slug demon’s slime was and really don’t want to share my adventure streaking across the strip. Even if it finally convinced the Maclay women my visions are real, I’m not sure being forced to run from the cops was worth it.

“Well how do we introduce ourselves?” The genius making sure I don’t get myself killed tilts her head. “I’m not really sure how to say hello to someone...” She hesitates in search of the right word. “Former.”

Shrugging at the words, I realize I’m not exactly sure of the rules myself. “I think he can hear us just fine. But it could be more that he’s only picking up the general emotion.”

“Hello Dennis.” Tara holds out her hand in the general direction of the smoky cloud, introducing her and Mary to the spectral resident. “My mom and I are going to be your roommates. Is that alright with you, or would you like us to go somewhere else?”

It takes a few seconds for an answer, with Dennis trying to communicate by changing how bright the lights are. A lamp burns out and it sounds like the light in the fridge exploded.

“What does that mean?” Fred whispers quietly to me, trying not to disturb Phantom Dennis’ attempt to say hello.

“Not sure.” I grab one of the whiteboards I stole the night of the Lothos attack and hang it up with a couple nails. “That’s why I brought these from Hemery. Black pens are for facts, Red pen is for when Dennis is angry, blue is when he’s sad, and green is for happy.”

As soon as I finish the explanation, the green pen is already rising to leave a message. ‘It’s so nice to meet you all. Thank you for finding me.’ So much easier than than playing charades with a ghost.

“Such nice manners.” Mary is relieved to find out the phantom is even more polite than I described.

Once the admittedly brief exorcism is over, we spend the rest of the afternoon unloading the U-Haul. It goes a lot faster once Dennis scribbles down that we should just leave everything by the front door and he can sort the boxes for us.

“I’ll be checking in on you once a month for lessons.” I remind Mary over Chinese food after we finish. “And to see if you need anything.” We even set a plate aside for Dennis, with the phantom able to pretend he’s eating the fake fruit Fred picked up for him. “We might not actually be family. But I’m kind of responsible for you.” At least until you get your life back in order.

“You’re really going to pay for me to get re-certified?” It’s easy to see the desire to control her own life on Mary’s face. “I can be a nurse again?” The accounts only had a few thousand dollars and I know the mother is worried about providing for Tara in a strange city.

“May as well use my cut from the Hyperion for something worthwhile.” The rest can be set aside as a nest egg for Lorne.

Wiping her eyes, Mary gives me a very grateful smile. “It’s been a long time since anyone called me that.”

“Well get used to it.” Gunn’s already drooling over having a personal nurse for his crew to come to. “You’re about to be adored by a whole bunch of people.”

“When are we supposed to meet up with everyone?” Fred glances at the clock with a frown at how close it is to eight.

“Merrick said to show up at ten. He wants a chance to scope the place out before the crew can cause a ruckus.” I catch her phrasing and counter with a scowl of my own. “And what do you mean we?”

Crossing her arms with a stern glare, Fred makes it very clear what kind of woman she is. “I’m coming to the Hellmouth with you already. Kind of stupid of you to try keeping me locked up in a tower now.”

“That’ not what I meant!” It kind of is. “I just don’t think the Maclays should be alone tonight.”

“What am I, chopped spleen?” Lorne cuts in with a hurt look.

“You might have a death wish...” Staring me down, Fred throws me off with her claim. “But we’re not going to let that happen. Buffy agrees with us, so don’t even try leaving me behind tonight.” When did you have a chance to discuss this with her?

What are you talking about? “I don’t have a death wish.”

“Oh really?” Lorne adds his own opinion to the claim. “You don’t seem to want to know your own future.”

Standing beside him in a show of support, I notice Fred’s bottom lip is trembling. “You told Buffy that she’s not alone in the fight. So why are you trying so hard to push us away?”

Because I’m an idiot. The warmth spreading through me is enough to start melting the walls I hadn’t even realized I put up.

“If I just focus on the mission, I can ignore everything I’ve lost since getting the visions.” Everyone I ever knew is just a memory and I can never get them back. “Keeping you all at arms length is really just a coping mechanism.” This is my life now and I need to start living it. “I need to start processing my loss.”

“And we’ll be here whenever you’re ready to talk about her.” Fred’s voice is soft enough that I think I just misheard the last word out of her mouth.

“You two go deal with this Thesulac Demon.” Nodding towards Dennis’ chair, Lorne volunteers to stay the night. “Dennis and I shall keep these lovely ladies safe from any harm.”

Her scowl softens into a smirk and I’m grateful that Fred doesn’t rub her win in my face. “I’m choosing to help. Please let me.”

“Alright.” Only an idiot argues with a girl that pretty. “Just remember to bring the stun gun. Merrick said electricity is one of the few things that will hurt the demon once it manifests.”

“If that doesn’t work?” Fred isn’t letting me out the front door without a back up plan more in depth than ‘extreme physical trauma’.

I consider what could possibly bring more oomph. “Can you do something to the fuse box? Rig it overload if we slam the demon into it?”

“It would fry the wiring and probably start a few fires...” She considers it carefully and her eyes narrow with determination. “But it shouldn’t actually be hard to mess with a system that old.”

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 34 others like this.
  20. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!
    The thesulac demon is going to look like fried chicken by the time they're done with it, I almost feel sorry for it.

21. Lillie Jones

WHOA Author San! A Great Surprising chapter!
    Anyways, I'm seriously getting some pre season 1 Angel vibes from Si Doyle here with the Fred & Lorne play by play banter with the team.
    Especially when with Mary McClay and Tara arrived in Denise apartment complex ( Nice move with the chain saw Lorne,Haha) with Denise ( bitch mother ) good riddance.
    Ok Fred your not the princess in tower yet ( but Welsey might ,but that's another story). As Si was definitely feeling the love from bff Fred& Lorne ( feels) and beside him streaking rather unexpectedly by the corrosive demon for proof by McClay duo earlier before arrived at the apartment.
    Erstwhile, Si Doyle & bff Fred concoction of an Electric discharge for the Thesulac demon is gonna fried chicken liver for the dastardly demon with weapons expert Fred Burkle. As fun misunderstanding continue for our wayward seer half demon Si Doyle in route to Sunnydale with bff Fred.
    We'll see how it goes next time for our unlikely Si Doyle & Angel crew, including Buffy Summers/ gang ( not yet)but Tara meets the Slayer ,in" Something to Atone For" at the meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

22. Flightless Man

It really isn't going to stand a chance. It's not prepared for people aware of it.

Thank you.

That's really what I'm aiming for. The SI is kind of taking over a lot of the aspects of Angel in Buffy Season 1.

He's an empath and Tara could see auras. I really should have just asked them which wall to hit.

I try hard to show the other characters have agency and aren't just reacting to the SI. Wesley's arrival will be interesting/fun to write. I love noodle jokes and this way Tara can keep bringing it up (her being a lesbian, means she's safe from falling for my naked body).

Dimarash and Snooze like this.
  23. Threadmarks: Chapter 16: Hotel California
    Flightless Man

Chapter 16: Hotel California
    “Ouch!” Fred gasps in shock and drops her screwdriver when the ancient fuse box gives off a crackling spark.

“Aren’t you supposed to be the careful one?” Smirks Buffy as I bend down to grab the tool.

Grinning back, Fred seems to have strangely enjoyed the small amount of pain. “You want to see how steady you are with a power grid an inch away from a single screw up?”

“Not in the slightest.” The petite Slayer retorts just as quick, proving the two girls indeed have formed a camaraderie somehow in my absence. “I’ll leave that stuff to the smarty pants like you.”

How smart is it for you to spend time with the Slayer and these mindless grunts?” sinister words I know must be coming from the demon continue to whisper like they have since I stepped through the front door of the Hyperion.

“Stay focused.” Merrick’s stern voice cuts through the humour as his eyes dart around the basement for any sign of movement. “The demon will seek any opportunity to turn us against each other.”

Laughter echoes in my head. “I don’t need to do anything but reveal the truth.”

The words almost get us to all spin around to keep watch and it’s only Buffy’s last second realization that stops us. “Well why did you stop manifesting it? That’s supposed to be your job.”

They shall turn on you once I’m dealt with.” The voice reverberates inside my head, the words trying to find any shred of doubt to latch onto. “Do not give them a chance. Strike now while you have the element of surprise, or the Slayer will prove her name!”

Trying to shake off the sudden paranoia, I notice the others are mumbling to themselves as well. “That’s not what friends do.”

I make sure the words are loud enough to almost be called a shout, my experience with different perspectives just enough to make the presence stand out. The sound of whispered grumbling lets me know the Thesulac has already broken through to some of the crew. We need to hurry this up before they get the bright idea to turn on us.

“Merrick!” Buffy slaps the aging Watcher hard enough to leave a red mark. “You have to finish the ritual!”

He shakes his head and agrees, pulling the glowing Orb of Ramjarin from his satchel and hands it to me. “Don’t stop chanting until the Thesulac materializes. We’re in it’s clutches now and the only way out is through.”

Merrick hands the divining powder to Pike before he starts applying the herbal paste to the floor in a strange spiral design.

“We call thee forth, Thesulac of the Netherworld.” The words I was forced to memorize are Chumash and I’m really hoping my pronunciation isn’t going to screw everything up.

Marrick is the first to add his own voice to the chant, his English accent slipping out for just a moment. “We command you leave our minds and join us on this, the physical plane.”

The lights begin to flicker wildly and the temperature drops at least a dozen degrees. But we don’t stop and Fred’s the next to join her words to the ritual.

“We invoke thee by the power of the priest of Ramjarin.” Pike surprises me with how confident he is with the phrasing and even more by his lack of errors.

Buffy is last to speak the words of power and it shows she’s been practising. “What was once in our thoughts, be now in our midst!”

The whole building shakes for a few seconds and I can feel an insidious web of energy torn free from the building. It’s followed by a frenzied bellow as the air distorts before us, the Thesulac materializing inside the circle Merrick prepared.

“Now!” The Watcher roars his own command and we all back away as fast as possible.

More than twenty wires shoot towards the furious demon, catching in his grimy brown robes. The first couple that turn on don’t even seem to be noticed by desiccated demon. But by the time the final stun gun has been activated, the Thesulac is roaring in pain.

Tentacles erupt from beneath the robes and surge outwards, with more than enough to impale each of us. But when I try to react, Buffy once again proves herself my physical superior.

She seems to blur past me and deliver a kick into the Thesulac’s chest that sends him into the fuse box Fred prepared. When The demon’s back slams into the faulty wiring, it doesn’t just crackle with electricity. It explodes with power.

The noise drowns out any screaming that may still be coming from the smoking demon. The hotel lights go out and it’s only our headlamps that show the Thesulac crumble away like dust.

Silence hangs in the air for a few seconds as everyone processes the victory. But when Pike throws his fist in the air and cheers, the rest of us are quick to follow suit.

“We made that demon our bitch!” Gunn slaps the white teen’s hand with his own and cements the bond between us. “After this, you can all consider yourselves a part of the crew.”

I don’t have time for more than a few seconds of celebration and know what’s waiting upstairs. “Money’s down here in one of the vents, you guys mind looking for it?”

“You got something more important than fifty grand to deal with?” Levarr snorts at what sounds impossible.

“The woman feeding the Tesulac isn’t going to last much longer.” My grim words cut right through the good mood and Levarr looks horrified at making light of it. “Someone should be with her. It is her money we’re here to loot.”

I go up alone, while the crew and Pike eagerly start searching the basement. When I find Judy’s room she’s already starting to fade and I guide her back to the bed.

“It’s alright Judy. The nightmare is over and you can finally be at peace.” She hasn’t had physical nourishment in decades and with the Thesulac gone, the guilt laden woman doesn’t have long.

Sitting with Judy in her final moments pulls at my heart as she begs forgiveness for something I can’t actually offer. But when her face contorts in anguish, I change my mind.

“He forgives you Judy.” Angel will once I tell him what happened after he left the hotel and how the demon fed on you for decades.

“Thank you.” She smiles when I say her name, believing I could only know both names if the words are true. “I’d like to go see him...” Judy’s heavy eyelids flicker lower and lower. “Just after I have a little rest. I’m so tired.”

When I emerge from her room the lights are back on and I can hear excited voices in the lobby. But to my relief, Fred and Buffy are waiting in the hallway.

The brunette throws herself at me, wrapping me in a tight hug as the tears pour down my face. Buffy is only a few seconds slower, turning it into a group hug of joint support. That demon really did a number on all of us.

A third set of hands make an appearance, with Pike’s left hand awkwardly patting me on the shoulder. “Got to say. For a teacher, you ain’t half bad.”

“And for a slacker, you have quite the work ethic.” I’m still amazed that he was able to memorize the chant, considering Pike is flunking out of English.

It takes a few minutes to get myself together and they give me the time to do so. No judgment from any of them, not even Pike. He’s probably just happy no one’s brought up the tear stains on his own cheeks.

“What are your plans for this place?” Merrick looks up from his conversation with Gunn the moment we descend the stairs and rejoin everyone. “Charles doesn’t seem to have any thoughts beside using it as a base of operations. But that’s not going to work for very long.” City will send someone to check the place out, once they notice people coming and going again.

“I don’t really like killing humans unless I have too,” The words throw most people for a loop, with only Fred having no visible reaction. “But it’s not like we have a place to contain people who cross the line mystically.”

Gunn frowns and makes it clear he doesn’t like what he’s hearing. “I’m not turning the my boys into prison guards for you.”

“Not a prison.” Magic touches the soul and it’s rare to find someone not completely tainted. “I’m thinking more of a rehab centre.” Being able to send people like Andrew or Amy to a place with supervision and support, that would actually make a difference without having to cause violence.

Merrick seems to agree and offers to get Council funding and resources if Gunn accepts. “The Watchers have been seeking a way to establish a base back in America since the revolution. They could have a field team here by the weekend to provide training and resources.”

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 42 others like this.
  24. Lillie Jones

HOTEL CALIFORNIA ( HYPERION) CLEANSED!
    The easiest most recognized part of Angel cannon ( Hotel Hyperion) on the tv show plot,although Wolfram & Hart boast better resources & connections pre season 5 of (when the main cast was at their top of their game and worst cause of the running of Wolfram & Hart logistics ( inner power battles and unique monster( Clients) human,case's of the week)!
    Although the Hyperion became one more underutilized & underexploited character in early season 3-4 I think?, besides Buffy Summers, Fred Burkle were definitely wrestling with their initial demons( paranoia) ( worst fears)bought out by the Thesulac demon to keep them from. turning on each other at the Haunted Los Angeles hotel .
    Including everyone getting group hug ( Buffy, Fred, Doyle),( haha! ) which had Gunn & Pike ( a young member whom stepped up with the ritual chanting against the fear demon).
    As Watcher Merrick had other plans for the newest recent vacated hotel spot for the Btvs/ Atv crews and Doyle 's rehabs center base with ( former Hotel being an supposed Angel investigation building doubled as an unexpected apartment complex ( rentals) previously in the initial show and an place for likely cannon events to happen ( Connor return site?) Includes Merrick want to make it was an regular second operation site ( but Gunn's Crew didn't wanted to be supposed prison guards at the Hyperion hotel. )
    We'll see how it goes next time for our resident Seer Si Doyle & Angel investigation crew/ Buffy & Merrick duo ,Gunn's team in "Something to Atone " at meantime.
    Catch ya later
    Cheers!

25. ThedudeManBro

ThedudeManBro The Dudeliest Man on the block, Bro!

I fucking love your summaries.

26. Flightless Man

I know I look forward to them. I hear them in Joyce's voice as the narrator and sometimes I have the urge to write a chapter just to read the summary Lillie writes.

Dimarash and ThedudeManBro like this.
  27. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!

28. Threadmarks: Chapter 17: Welcome To Sunnydale
    Flightless Man

Chapter 17: Welcome To Sunnydale
    Arriving in Sunnydale about an hour after sunset, we find Ted Buchanen’s house on a well lit street. Once I pull the U-haul over and Fred takes the spot behind me, the three of us meet under the street light.

“This is the killer robot’s place?” Fred keeps her voice low as her eyes dart around for any of the vampires I warned her about. “Seems like such a nice, normal neighbourhood.”

Raising an eyebrow at her tone, I manage not to snort at the idea of anything in this town being either nice or normal. “That’s exactly how Sunnydale has been kept off the national news. Well, that and the masquerade spell Wilkins put around the city.”

“The mayor?” Fred’s eyes are almost popping out of her sockets at my offhand comment. “Is he a demon like the lawyers?”

“Not yet. But we got a couple years before that becomes a priority.” The mayor is an evil son of a bitch. “The big bad we should focus on right now is the Master.” But he’s the reason no one has opened the Hellmouth in the last century and I can’t really justify all that chaos.

She remembers what I yelled at Lothos and puts the pieces together. “You said Lothos was hiding in his shadow?”

“Was mostly just pissing him off so Buffy had a clear shot at his back. Really wasn’t expecting the save from you.” Even if it was hot as hell.

“My cousin taught me how to shoot.” The way she ducks her head makes me remember she was comfortable with an assault rifle in season five. “He would never let it go if I missed a target that close.”

The porch light flickers on, soon followed by the front door swinging open to reveal a smiling Ted. It doesn’t reach his eyes and carries an undercurrent of menace.

Ignoring the unspoken threat, I lead the others to the ‘man’. “New in town and I think we’re a little lost. Could you give us directions?”

“Well of course I can. Sunnydale can’t keep winning ‘friendliest city in California’ award, if it’s citizens aren’t going to lend a helping hand.” Once a plausible excuse has been uttered, the android lowers his guard just enough.

Lorne hangs back in the shadows and lets me get close enough to hand Ted the map. Once his vision is obscured, Fred’s stun gun delivers a shock.

It overloads the robot’s fifty year old wiring and sends him tumbling backwards onto the porch. Fred hops over the smoking ‘body’ and finds the door unlocked.

“Get him inside!” Her hiss stirs Lorne and I to action, with each of us grabbing one pair of limbs. “We don’t want anyone calling the cops.”

“I highly doubt that will happen once anybody watching sees Lorne’s face.” That should be more than enough to make people close the blinds.

“We really need to get a work on improving my public image,” The empath grunts under the weight of Buchanen. “It’s torture living in California and not being able to enjoy the sun.”

He gets a sympathetic look from Fred while she closes the door behind us. “I’ve been thinking about that and I think it’s best if we start with local radio. It’s really not that hard to pirate a signal.”

“We start hanging some posters up around town and you should be able to walk around in a few months.” Dropping the robot to the side of the rug, I kick it to the side and reveal the trap door. “We can start looking for a place for you to rent once we know you have an audience.”

Property values may be dirt cheap. But I’m starting to get spread pretty thin with all these dependents I seem to be picking up.

Probably a good thing I can’t remember Faith’s last name or I’d have ended up adopting her. I only have two out of the ten grand left for myself and Lorne’s a big eater.

The two of them combined would have had me bankrupt in only a few months. That realization reminds me I need to give the school a call and get put on the call sheet. They go through teachers fast and it shouldn’t take too long to get a permanent position if I build up a good reputation.

Fred doesn’t even hesitate and brings a hunting knife to the android’s neck, peeling back a flap of skin once she makes the cut. “Oh wow...” When no blood pours from the wound, we all get a good look at the exposed circuit board. “This is way too advanced for me.”

It’s the first time Fred has admitted she couldn’t do something and I blink in shock. “But aren’t you a science genius?”

“I only switched majors in September. I could probably figure out how to turn him back on by myself and that’s about it.” Stepping away from the android, Fred explains what her first passion was. “I was actually taking history classes until I saw Seidel’s physics lecture.”

“... Oh.” Well who am I going to get to help?

“It’s nice to know you seem to think I can do anything though.” Smirking at my slack jawed face, Fred decides to pull up the trap door. “What do you think is down here?”

“His last few wives are in the closet.” We’re going to need to do something about them.

My words have Fred drop the door with a gasp, the heavy wood banging shut. “Oh my god!”

“To be fair, I’m not actually sure if Ted murdered them.” We never see the bodies in the show and Xander never described the condition he found them in. “He could have just kept them after they died of natural causes. Otherwise he’d probably have more than just a few in his collection.”

“Did he just come home and power down until morning?” She tries to distract herself from the idea of several bodies in the basement and runs her finger through several year’s worth of dust on the coffee table.

“Lived in the basement except when he was wooing a new bride. In my vision it was like a flashback to the fifties.” At least we have room to unload everything after we dust the place out.

Lorne can even have the basement to decorate however he likes. That way he doesn’t have to worry about hiding in a closet if company suddenly drops by.

“Can we please go have some fun before you work us like cows?” Lorne winces as he realizes the word choice was wrong, the moment he utters them his scarlet eyes flash with guilt. “Sorry, bad habit.” He shakes his head and the faux pas from his mind. “But you told me Sunnydale has a bar I can go to with you.”

“I do need to get Liam’s address from Willy.” Pretending to consider it, I hold in a grin when Lorne squirms. “I guess we can go check the place out.”

Fred glances down at her powder blue blouse and jeans with a frown. “Should I dress up?”

“Probably better if you dress down a bit, it’s really more of a dive bar.” Considering the patrons, I add another warning. “And you really shouldn’t wander away from us. Something will try snatching you up.”

“Maybe we try pretending it’s a Pylea kind of deal?” Lorne hesitates as he searches for the least offensive way to explain. “I saw a few girls wearing collars back in Los Angeles.” His expression morphs into a confused frown as he whirls on me. “Didn’t you say it was only pets who wore those here on Earth?”

“Ask me that again after I’ve had a couple drinks.” I really don’t want to explain sexual subcultures while I’m sober. “And Fred, you need to make sure I stop at two. Lorne’s not going to scare off anyone hungry.”

Disgusted at letting his patrons eat each other, Lorne shares one of the few things he seems to think Pylea got right. “They don’t put up a pacifism spell? What kind of business does he run?”

“Those aren’t exactly common.” Actually Caritas is the only time I can remember one being used in either series.

“Well no wonder Mary was excited to learn the spell.” He smiles at the memory. “I just thought she was being polite. Neither of you really seem to want to ask about Pylea.”

With a face softening instantly, Fred grabs our friend’s hand. “We thought it was just bad memories and you didn’t want to think about it.”

“I was just being a jerk,” I admit with a guilty tone. “Was honestly too wrapped up in all the planning to really think about how strange this all must be for you.”

“Honey, don’t even worry about it. You may not want to know...” Winking at me, Lorne reminds me what his powers are. “But I’ve heard you sing a few times now and I know exactly how much pressure you’re under.”

Skybrain, Dimarash, Darkban and 42 others like this.
  29. Scurra71900

Thanks for the update!

30. Lillie Jones

"I'VE HEARD YOU SING A FEW TIMES NOW AND I KNOW EXACTLY HOW MUCH PRESSURE YOUR UNDER" SAID LORNE ( YOU HAVE NO IDEA BUDDY)/ WELCOME TO SUNNYDALE ( HELLMOUTH) ( KILL TED) HAHAHA!
    OH! Fred ( dearest) you definitely should dress down ( looking like out of town Texas vampire bait) haha!, Whilst our unlikely trio ( Doyle, Fred, Lorne) made quick work of the abusive Android disaster Ted ( good riddance, another save for Joyce Summers).
    As our resident scientific genius Fred discovered this way out of her own expertise ( though considering Si Doyle was willing her to have a somewhat challenged at it by the way on the android). As Si Doyle reveals that not all demons are human or vice versa( some much closer to home than she realizes ( but I forget the professor was one of many instances of the Buffyverse/ Atv) besides Ted keeping the dead wives in the basement.
    Anyway The gangs was still tip toeing around the attempt pre Pylea situation with each other and Si Doyle still hasn't explaining what the sex subculture around earth is yet.
    While Lorne was giving him out after listening to him a few songs and getting an estimate on how much pressure our unlikely seer half demon Si Doyle is under at least hmm.?
    We'll see how it goes next time for our unlikely Si Doyle with Lorn & Fred and meeting with the titular Slayer Buffy Summers again for Si Doyle new substitute Teacher gig in the Sunnydale and possibly hitting up the "Bronze " bar or Wily 's ( I think?)in conversation with Lorne & Fred at Ted house in" Something to Atone For "

P.S .IF , SI Doyle adopted Faith Lehnan ( Eliza Dushku) he's definitely go broke without those future stock options ,besides Faith being an supposed complicated case scenario for the Si Doyle ( considering the stuff Faith has to go through being the Dark Slayer or Boston incident ( creature) by Kendra's death and her arrival in Sunnydale and her redemption road . Although if Si Doyle has an unexpected surprise vision for him of Faith Lehnan he won't ignore it I think. ?