• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

Not sure if this is the right place for this suggestion.

For every Xenforo forum, I have the same wish.

HMyXnuDV_o.png

If you are logged in and using the search pop up, I'd appreciate a button that automatically placed your own user name in the "Posted by Member" field.

Quite a lot of the time I use the search feature I'm looking for something I posted. Obviously it's not a huge hassle to type your own name in, but it would be convenient.
You know there's a button in your profile to search posts you made, right?

I've been using Blackened Green for the serif fonts and easy-on-the-eyes dark background, and it's pretty great.

One request: it would be even better if Threadmark titles were higher contrast.

qo72am.png

It's easy to read the word "Threadmark" there, but difficult to see the title of the threadmark.

Change the threadmark title text to white, perhaps? Or yellow?

When will Blackened Green be returning? These default styles look horrible. Light is kill your eyes bright and dark, instead of being light text on dark background is freaking light grey text on dark grey background.

I just wanted my green test back for the site stuff something about it just worked for me but everything else is good just need to get used to it

Revert the site to yesterdays format please mods

Reactions: Iny
I have no clue how to switch to dark mode, this light is making me want to enucleate myself.

Is there a style that does not shrink the font size in a quote block?

List of free themes for the admins to look through.

These two look pretty good, imo. I really like Shades of Blue.

Hey, the Alerts drop-down in the Dark theme is almost entirely in greyscale. It makes it really hard to read.
Could you add a little contrast please? It doesn't have to be much, but being able to differentiate it without squinting would be nice.
It also seems to be a common problem with this theme in the new update, but that's the bit that's actually been a problem for me so far.

I'd like to suggest this style: https://xenfocus.com/styles/illuminate_dark/

It's got a dark/light mode toggle, and both mode look great. They're pretty similar in design to some of our old themes on the dark mode, and have built in toggles for stuff like fixed forum width and other fixes.

It is $30 USD, but I'm willing to put money into a pot to buy it for the forum.

Paraphrasing myself from the transition feedback thread,

+1 on the Shades of Grey/Blue themes, they look closer to the v1 style based on the few available screenshots. There's also the UI.X 2 styles which are apparently free (with a discount code listed on the pages)

Out of the 'modern' themes I could find that are still maintained, they seem to look pretty decent, not a huge fan of circle avatars or the main page though. I think that can be configured to be square based on screenshots though, and it's not like I idle on the home page, so neither are dealbreakers.

But longterm, I'd kill for the old DarkReponsive styles as they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back