• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Styling requests

After reading a couple chapter updates today I have noticed a very easily fixable problem anytime I would hold down on a chapter update and it opens up. I can't see the name of the chapter at the top of the post so I have to actually open it in a new tab to see if it's a chapter update or a just a talking post. I could easily read the top of post and chapter name before the update.

Thanks for your efforts.

Using the Dark style, but this is something across the board for all styles.

So, the new format for threads is:
>huge fuckoff bar
>thread content/replies
>navigation area: [prev] [page numbers] [next] | [threadmarks] [moderation]
>reply area
>similar threads
>users viewing thread

Is there any way you guys can change the display order there?
Specifically, reverse threadmarks and navigation so it looks like
>[threadmarks] [moderation] | [prev] [page numbers] [next]
and move the 'users viewing this thread' above 'similar threads'?

The new one does not color read and unread notifications differently, making it much harder to spot where in your notifications your unreads end and reads begin.
I'll second this, not being able to see read/unread notifications is surprisingly annoying.

Similarly, the indicator on new posts being just another shade of gray is kind of obnoxious.

Last edited:
Bug report:
On every "font size" setting except "12px", the top navigation bar (that follows you down the screen) is slightly too big for my phone. This results in, one, an inconvenient empty gutter on the right side of the page that is just large enough to accidentally scroll sideways and obscure the left edge of the text, and two, an unsightly phenomenon where part of the top of the navigation bar gets pushed off the top of the screen while I'm scrolling down. Also, the search button gets partially shoved off the right side of the screen, with how much depending on the font size.

Everything goes back where it's supposed to be if I scroll back, and it all still works. But I shouldn't have to be careful to not scroll sideways just to read the forum page.

This affects Blackend Green, as well as the other Blackened styles I tried and Lightened. It does not affect the style "Dark". I'm using Firefox on a Samsung-flavored Android phone. I would have to double check the screen width.

I am able to set the site to "14px" and render the bug "annoying, but usable". But not everyone is so lucky.

Probably removing the "go to the home page" lightning bolt symbol, or reducing the text logomark size, would solve the issue.

Bug report:
On every "font size" setting except "12px", the top navigation bar (that follows you down the screen) is slightly too big for my phone. This results in, one, an inconvenient empty gutter on the right side of the page that is just large enough to accidentally scroll sideways and obscure the left edge of the text, and two, an unsightly phenomenon where part of the top of the navigation bar gets pushed off the top of the screen while I'm scrolling down. Also, the search button gets partially shoved off the right side of the screen, with how much depending on the font size.

Everything goes back where it's supposed to be if I scroll back, and it all still works. But I shouldn't have to be careful to not scroll sideways just to read the forum page.

This affects Blackend Green, as well as the other Blackened styles I tried and Lightened. It does not affect the style "Dark". I'm using Firefox on a Samsung-flavored Android phone. I would have to double check the screen width.

I am able to set the site to "14px" and render the bug "annoying, but usable". But not everyone is so lucky.

Probably removing the "go to the home page" lightning bolt symbol, or reducing the text logomark size, would solve the issue.
Just disable the sticky navigation bar in preferences?

I haven't read through the thread, so forgive me if it's been mentioned already. The biggest issue I have at the moment is that the Watched, Poll, and Pinned icons are wireframe. I associate the wireframe with the equivalent of 'deselected'. Is there a possibility of 'filled in' thread indicators?

Is it still intended for 'Ignored' threads to show up on the frontpage when they are the most recently updated? I'm probably one of a few people here who it affects significantly, as I have over 700 threads on Ignore, but it is annoying at times to click on a thread that shouldn't be showing up, thinking it's a thread I might be interested in.

Bug report: In Blackened High Contrast, adjusting the font size only changes the size of text in posts. The text under usernames, the Like and similar buttons, in the Alerts drop-down, and in the input box as I type this are all tiny, and I mean smaller than the default text size of 16px. I had to zoom the page in the browser and adjust the font size down to make all of that readable on a 4K monitor.

Here's another bug: When adjusting the font size, the default 16px size is not in between the 14px and 18px sizes in actual size. It's actually smaller than the 12px size.

In the new Blackened Green style:
  • Can we get rid of the glaring green line at the left edge of every quote-box?
  • SB and SV have this nice feature where quotes of your own posts have a different colour of top-bar, which makes it easy to scan for people who are talking to (or about) you
  • The 'Insert Quotes' button on the editor has a background exactly the same colour as the editor box, making it look like a hyperlink instead of a button until you click on it.
  • The highlighted version of the 'Like' button - the one you see when you have already liked a post - is garish and ugly.
    • Also, the text no longer changes when a post has been liked, making it impossible to use Ctrl-F to search for posts on a page that you have liked. (Note: 'Unlike' is a better option than 'Remove' for this purpose, since 'Remove' is a common English word and thus has lots of false-positives.)

Last edited:
Just disable the sticky navigation bar in preferences?
Didn't get a chance to try it before they changed to the logo, fixing the bug. But it seems like this wouldn't have done anything, since the problem was the top bar being too wide for the screen -- if I'm modeling the bug correctly, this would have just resulted in a useless and irksome empty gutter on the right side of the page for the whole height of the page, just without the navigation bar stuck to the top of the screen.

Can we get rid of the glaring green line at the left edge of every quote-box?
I actually like that green line. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe tone the green down a bit.

I got used to the serif fonts in the old Blackened * theme set.

Very easy on the eyes for paragraphs, while leaving the buttons & thread titles as the forum default san-serif (which was important to ensure the text fits in the boxes).

Options like Dark Reader which change the site's font blindly have some ugly interactions with UI elements that don't need to be changed because they're not paragraphs of prose.

Would it be possible to get an option for a serif font in post body text (and editor box text)? But leave buttons / titles etc. alone, just serif on the post bodies.

I used Blackened Purple in the previous version, but it seems like this version is pretty pale in comparison.

Also could we get clearer distinction between posts and signatures? The horizontal rule doesn't seem to standout as much as the old dashed line did.

I've noticed that none of the styles have the buttons for navigation on threadmark posts as proper buttons, you just have to click on the text or the arrow. They really blend in without the buttons.

Last edited:
Could Spoiler buttons be a different color as well? Picture threads and demi-picture threads (Fic and Pic threads) suffer for having the same color as the Report button. Previous styling had them as white/light grey, which may be too far. Maybe given an accent color fill?

I just want QQ to look how it did last week, and not this new garbage UI that feels designed to be as unpleasant to look at as possible : (

I partially agree, I'm very happy with the new functions of the forum and it has some decent styles but nothing compares to the classic QQ that I've been using for years, some people for a decade. I would really like them to add the classic QQ style here because I'm having a lot of difficulty adapting to the new styles.

idk if someone has asked it, but the default dark theme really need better contrast between default text color and background. I'm using the High Contrast theme now because it's better in that regards.

Last edited:
idk if someone has asked it, but the default dark theme really need better contrast between default text color and background. I'm using the High Contrast teheme now because it's better in that regards.

I like the high-contrast theme's contrast, but there's so much blue that I don't want to use it at night.

A green version of the high-contrast theme would be great.

Or just make all the themes high-contrast.

Or just make all the themes high-contrast.
Yes, this. I, for one, liked the old pre-upgrade theme just fine. Just give me the exact color scheme as the default, thanks.

Seriously though, before the High Contrast theme was a thing, choosing the default XenForo theme + a Dark Mode extension/Chrome flag was better than the default Dark theme. It's annoying.

Is there anyway to undo the whole forumn settup to make it look like the old version. I honestly completely hate the new layout on mobile, it's just a shitty reskin of Sufficientvelocity and spacebattles now.

I'm considering completely dropping QQ because of the layout change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back