• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

So what are the chances that the new Diablo will be a predatory cash grab like the mobile game?

Course I'm not going to buy it ether way. that would mean giving Activision money and I'm am loathe to do such a thing.
This age is a rotten one and hope is but the first step to disappointment, so of course they are going to put in garbage that shouldn't be in a game like "gacha" or "live service" or "Season pass". Ach, things suck for AAA gamers.
I didn't play Diablo 3 on release and never played online, but I heard people complain about the auction house so I'd expect a repeat of that in some way at the very least. Not that I'm planning to buy it. Diablo doesn't click well with me. I enjoyed playing through the story but I found myself bored with endgame stuff. Which is kinda weird coming from a Monster Hunter fan.

Meanwhile, Blue Archive on Japan side is slamming it home with its season 1 finale.

And even give us a permanent reward in the menu for the achievement.

That being another Arona joining your first in the main menu and given her own name.

Started Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder, which is kind of a cheaply-graphiced spelunking game? I guess? I'd compare it a little to minecraft but it's somehow junkier and you can only mine certain spots. Very tiring to keep swinging your pick, the controls can be... wonky. If you hold the trigger, your pick slides around in your hand. That kept messing me up before I figured it out. And I ran into a bug where whenever I buy something from the equipment shop it eats ALL of my money instead of the cost- still waiting back from a message on the steam forums about that.

Anyway, put that down until I get some response, probably.

Went back to Until You Fall a bit, got past the second boss. Fuck red enemies. Seriously. The fast knights are almost impossible to stop in the second phase, so I usually wind up saving my abilities to take them down fast once they reach that phase. The red mages... bleh. Anytime you get close enough to hit them they ninja jump around behind you, no matter how many times you get close. Not sure how the hell I'm supposed to even damage them without using abilities.

So I put in "I Expect You to Die"

It's a sit-down puzzle game, kind of like an escape room sort of thing. It's puzzling enough to keep it interesting, at least as far as I've been- the train level. I've used a guide on some of the bonus objectives, but haven't cheated on the first run of a level. It's pretty sedate- some of the time. Other times you're frantically putting out fires- sometimes literally- at high speed so you don't die. Or disarming bombs or throwing grenades away or trying to figure out how to deal with a mechanical bear shooting dynamite arrows at you... you get the idea.

Also it's fucking stylin'. Just check out this intro:

Imperial Gatekeeper is fun for being a Paper's Please hentai clone.

I really feel like one of those scumbag Hentai guards that molest the MC's female party members for the evils.

lmao.

Had the game but haven't played it yet.
It's cool, even if it takes quite a while to progress to you fucking them while your checking their midieval passports.

Shame that it's pretty short, and doesn't have a lot of 'consequences'. Would be more fun if you gained a rep for doing all of this, but considering it's made in fucking RPG maker I can give them some slack.

Also, Chrisia/Khrissa is best girl and Richard/Rictman is best bro.

Chaos Dwarves DLC out April 13th.
Hah! That one scene with the army is straight up the Sardaukar battle preparation ritual.

EDIT: Someone made a comparision picture!
yW1bel3.png

Last edited:
I see CA still does really good trailers. Shame the games don't quite live up to them as much *flashbacks to 3 kingdoms*

Jedi: Fallen Order is on sale at -90% off on the EA app. Figured people might want to know.

Free from the Shadow Realm of Epic at last. Though, they didn't actually seem to mention what that new affordable price will be.

So, with a Steam Index you get Half Life: Alyx for free, so I just remembered to install that. Pretty decent early start for a Half-Life game, all very familiar. Reloading is a tad awkward, but once you get it down it's not too bad. Definitely more survival horror than usual, though- though that may be because the first actual combat levels are all Zombies, then you start seeing Headcrabs. Stopped after running into the crazy Vortigaunt, heading deeper into the tunnels now. No combat with the Combine yet or weapons besides the pistol, so we'll see how that goes. Aiming is a lot easier with the first upgrade, which is nice.

Aside: Also, I found a few versions of the I Expect You to Die theme in Beat Saber. Downloaded the one with a Hard version because the only other was Expert+

...If you have Beat Saber, go look for it. I have not managed to beat it, despite the less than 1/second note counter. Seriously, try it... it'll be a blast.

EDIT: I also tried Lone Digger on Hard... swing songs are really good in Beat Saber. That one's a fuckin' workout though.

Now that I think about it. G-Man is ROB.

This is scene is smexy.

There's a meme of boys vs girls.

This is what I view for the magical girl transformation if boys made it a magical boy transformation while not paying attention to the fact the boy is being turned into a cold blooded super soldier killer whose fate is to die in battle.

For Dying Light 1, does anyone know of a good route or video of how to get the Korea Machete v2? Trying to think of a good route to get the two far gas cans and getting them to the collection spot.

I'm probably going to need to chug Cloak potions and more Trap Bombs.

Got a big batch of birthday money for the spring sale and picked up several games.

Got Lost in Random- and didn't realize it forces you to install EA's shit, so that's the first refund I'll ever be asking for. Might try to get it on Switch or something later, but I'd rather not have that crap on my computer, so.

Been playing I Expect You to Die 2- pretty good so far.

Kinda feel like something is lost though, in the fact that there are some human actors- I especially liked the touch in the first one that you never saw anybody- except one guy unloading a flamethrower on you. I'm just past the mission where you find out about the masks- the one where you get lowered into The Fabricator's workshop.

I've played Sun Haven for a few minutes- definitely cribbing a bit off Stardew, but we'll see- I'm a bit sleep deprived, so I'm sure I'll have a better review once I've gotten into it. The character creator is much more extensive, which I like. Almost went with a demon, but wound up going with a catgirl instead.

Games not played yet: Nier Automata (been sitting at the top of my wishlist for the last few years.) Fallout 4 VR (mixed reviews, but Fallout in VR sounds neat, even if I have to nab mods to make it playable.) Pistol Whip (like Beat Saber, but with guns? I guess. Seems neat.) Aaaaand one H-Game, Noah and Blackmagician.

A friend also sent me Planet Crafter- played the demo, was sitting on it in my wishlist after launch. Not much different so far, though there is one blueprint I came across and liked that I don't think was there before. We'll see when I actually get as far as I was, since I didn't want to risk using really really old saves.

I sent him back FTL and some JRPG since his birthday was four days before mine- he only had like five things on his wishlist, so my options were limited :p

Does someone know a decent turbo-button utility? I know AutoHotKey can do what I want, but it's a little more effort than I'd like to expend.

I fucking hate headcrabs. That is all.

I almost typed "I hate fucking headcrabs." before I thought about what I was doing.

I do not need those mental images, especially after being six inches from the guts of a hanging zombie trying to snag its flashlight before being ambushed by those neurotoxin bastards.

Followed by two dark hallways that felt waaaaay more than the twenty, maybe twenty-five feet they were.

In other news, if I'm dealing with zombies of any kind I now want a shotgun. I don't care about the lack of ammo, inefficiency, or noise, I WANT A GODDAMN SHOTGUN!

Also Also: Beat "I Expect you to Die 2"

Ending was pretty good. Now to wait for 3 to come out.

I will say, I think I liked the first game better. The lack of human actors (except the flamethrower guy) felt nice. There was also, as far as I can tell, no way in the first game to softlock yourself without dying, while I ran into one in the second. On the plane (can't figure out how to break the window without the lasers.) Thought there was one in the final level, but I was just putting the jumper cables in the wrong spot- they go on the bolts, not the end of the wires.

Did like them giving you such an... appropriate callsign.

What is the current state of Cyberpunk 2077? Is it worth playing with the price hovering around $30?

It's worth a look in my opinion. Most of the bugs are patched and it's a smooth experience throughout the game.

So, Lost in Random required the EA app be installed on your computer- nuts to that, got a refund. And Pistol Whip is currently incompatible with the Valve Index due to some recent update- you either have to set your headset to never sleep or unplug and plug it back in every time you play- nerts to that, refunded.

Spent the money on The Adventures of MICOCO, a hentai RPGMaker game I've barely gotten into.

The Wizards: Enhanced Edition, which seems to be the prequel to The Wizards: Dark Times. Enhanced Edition seems a lot more complex and extensive, but the casting is clearly a prototype of what we got in the second game- way less precise and not quite as... how do I put this... streamlined. First game you can only summon a shield in your left and a fireball in your right, not both, shield only blocks, can't throw or bash. Fireball has auto-aim based on your face's aim, which is nice but also feels less fun than flinging them and hoping for the best. Bow requires you pull arrows from behind your back instead of summoning them right onto the bow, which is... okay, but the magic ice bow summoning magic arrows seems like it could summon them right to the string, so.

Being able to upgrade your spells to do new things is neat though, along with the collectibles that actually matter. They clearly focused on getting the casting right in the second game, leaving it largely linear, but they sure did that right. I'll keep playing the first game, though, as it's still not bad. It does have a lot more story to it, it seems, so far, so that's nice too.

And lastly, "Unplugged" which is the air guitar game you always dreamed of. Sort of. I'm having trouble keeping my strumming hand in the right place. Once I get that I'm hoping it'll be easier, but right now it's challenging me.

The fucking tutorial though... "Hey! There's a Nerd in there!" "You can do vibrato, like this! Whoah, that's enough, we're playing video games right now!"

Also you get bonus points for throwing the goat at the audience at the end of the song, which is funny.

EDIT: Also nabbed a few more songs for Beat Saber. The original TMNT theme, Ghostbusters.

Sewer Surfin' which I can barely manage...

Some Alestorm- Mexico and Pirate Pizza Party are doable.

Downloading Drink was a mistake though.

With the rise of virtual reality and mobile gaming, the industry has experienced unprecedented growth and is expected to continue expanding in the coming years. Moreover, video games have become more than just a form of entertainment. They have also emerged as a viable source of income for players who excel in gaming skills. By reading https://joywallet.com/article/legit-cash-games/ you can find out how you can make money playing video games. When a hobby makes money, it's cool.

Last edited:
Anyone who's played Remnant: From the Ashes, willing to part with some tips for newbie? Was going to play it last night, but I was too tired from work to even start after it downloaded.

Dunno if it's VR angles being off, the controller not quite being what I expect, or what, but aiming is a bit of a pain. Like, I'm better with an actual gun than this, but trying to sight down a pistol in VR the reticle goes all over the place. This is pretty harrowing in Alyx, what with the headcrabs jumping out of nowhere- and now this electrical bastard that scared the shit out of me.

All I'm saying is: Gaben Bless the laser sight.

Dead by Packratting.

Instead of using my shiny new SMG, I used the pistol to kill all the Nuerotoxin bastards. So when I stumbled into a Barnacle at the last fight with them, I ran out of ammo before I could kill it and died. Last autosave was right before I turned the power off- which starts the whole sequence of climbing and dealing with so many of those pests.

Truthfully, most of the ammo was probably wasted killing the ones that are running around in the distance for 'atmosphere' that disappeared as soon as I got close. But if I spend my SMG and Shotgun ammo I should be fine. And maybe make wiser use of my Xen grenades.

Xen grenades are kind of neat- there's a little thing sitting on the floor, with an arm coming out the top- if you try to grab it with the Randals it just holds it tighter- same if you try to grab it with your hand. There's a split-second of delay, though, so what you have to do is snatch it before it can close its fingers, barehanded only. They're also unlimited, so that's nice- you only have two inventory slots and one semi-free hand though, so.

Aside: You ever see in a movie, where the action guy flexes his fingers off the gun's grip for a second before closing them again? That's because your hand cramps up trying to hold something that long. Have to do that regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back