• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

I just love how Blasphemous 2 has an Angel straight up telling you to shank the Miracle in the face

As if the First Game blatantly showing that the Miracle wants humanity in a eternal state of misery and self-flagellation wasn't enough for some people cuz deep think gotta deep think lol

Use a light machine gun to keep them staggered for longer.
Different weapons have different stagger periods? I thought it was based on the attitude recovery stat.

You aren't going to reliably hit much of anything with that combo. The Charged Bunker is only reliable on bosses who stand still for special attacks like Balteus and Ibis.

Pretty much every regular enemy or AC gets blown backwards when you land a charged melee (or kick) when they're staggered, so any follow-ups have to be either a Ranged attack or a fast melee with lots of range, which excludes most charged attacks and basically requires you to use the Kikaku booster.

So at best you can stagger from close-range, boost and hit with a Charged Bunker and then chase with an uncharged Lance. You could maybe hit both Charged attacks if you corner the target somewhere in the geometry, but don't count on it, and they'll be exiting stagger by the time the second hit lands.

If you're having trouble keeping their bars from emptying before they stagger, I recommend Plasma missiles. It's very easy for the enemy to get a glancing hit from the lingering AoEs while they dodge everything else you shoot at them, and it only takes one hit from to reset their stagger decay timer.
I understand that there's knockback and everything involved, my point is that some ACs like Freud recover ridiculously fast, to the point that bunker is almost impossible to land unless their AI borks (or they sit still to use an expansion) and if they QB back immediately since you're in their face it becomes harder to land any wep, not just bunker.

Different weapons have different stagger periods? I thought it was based on the attitude recovery stat.

Nah, if you keep hitting them with lighter weaponry they just stay staggered longer. It isn't a stun lock, but it helps.

Hey, folks. I just got my refund for starfield. I was wondering, does anyone know of a good Fire Emblem esque game with good characters and story.

For some reason I am craving a war story with magic. Bonus points if it includes decisions that actually matter.

Performance was bad. I am at or beyond the recommended system requirements and I was getting framerate dips below 60 at 1080p while at the low preset.

Shitty gameplay? Or maybe the bug going around where your guns no longer work.
Also a bit of this. The guns did not feel good, or the movement and right out the gate I was not feeling the story or tone.

Hey, folks. I just got my refund for starfield. I was wondering, does anyone know of a good Fire Emblem esque game with good characters and story.

For some reason I am craving a war story with magic. Bonus points if it includes decisions that actually matter.
Vestaria Saga and Tactics Ogre Reborn are the only ones that caught my interest on Steam. Vestaria Saga is more in line with the old Fire Emblem games, and in fact was made by some of the original series creators. I've heard there can be a few issues but I haven't run in to any. Tactics Ogre is pretty complex and has a lot of systems I haven't really gotten into, but there's a whole lot there to learn and keep you occupied. Branching story paths, lots of customization, and some special dungeons that once you enter you're locked into for the long haul and can be over 100 floors deep.

Vestaria Saga and Tactics Ogre Reborn are the only ones that caught my interest on Steam. Vestaria Saga is more in line with the old Fire Emblem games, and in fact was made by some of the original series creators. I've heard there can be a few issues but I haven't run in to any. Tactics Ogre is pretty complex and has a lot of systems I haven't really gotten into, but there's a whole lot there to learn and keep you occupied. Branching story paths, lots of customization, and some special dungeons that once you enter you're locked into for the long haul and can be over 100 floors deep.
I might explore those. I do some checking in terms of reviews but even I heard about Tactics ogre.

A nvme ssd.

Edit: I think I've settled on Triangle Strategy and Tactics Ogre. Those both seem to be what I am looking for. I'll keep browsing to see if something else catches my eye though.

Last edited:

This is not a hoax. BLOODLINES 2 IS BACK.

Development is being handled by The Chinese Room (Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Everyone has Gone to the Rapture) and the creative director is Alex Skidmore (Gears Tactics, Fable series). One big change is instead of a freshly turned Thinblood, you are an Elder Vampire waking up from torpor in modern day Seattle. Right in time for a three way power struggle amid the Kindred factions and the Second Inquisition turning their eyes your way.

Release date is fall 2024.

Now my knowledge of VtM isn't that great but isn't an Elder really fucking powerful? As in, would have been able to crush The Sherif without breaking a sweat, strong?

Ender Lilies question: Am I beating my head against the Elder/Eldest Warrior boss for no reason because I'm fighting him too early or am I just being dumb and dying a lot? I got through the hamlet, but the Boss on the Bridge is kicking my/the girl's ass up and down the bridge.

Development is being handled by The Chinese Room (Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Everyone has Gone to the Rapture)
Have these guys ever done a game with any combat in it? Judging just from the trailer, the fighting looks good, and Bloodlines 1 combat wasn't exactly the best, but I feel like handing development of this game to a studio whose biggest games consist primarily of environmental storytelling and running from monsters might not be the best idea.

Now my knowledge of VtM isn't that great but isn't an Elder really fucking powerful? As in, would have been able to crush The Sherif without breaking a sweat, strong?
True, but in the current setting of VtM a cruise missile trumps an elder Vampire. Something the main Tremere chantry can attest to. I think the main RP element will be an inversion of the usual CRPG rise to power. Instead of being a fledgling who has to claw his way up the ladder, your playing someone powerful who has to learn how to sandbag, lest the Second Inquisition catches wind of you being out and about. Think along the lines of the Dark Urge in BG3: a set character who we can also make our own.

Have these guys ever done a game with any combat in it? Judging just from the trailer, the fighting looks good, and Bloodlines 1 combat wasn't exactly the best, but I feel like handing development of this game to a studio whose biggest games consist primarily of environmental storytelling and running from monsters might not be the best idea.

That was actually a concern PC Gamer had and the reason why Skidmore was brought on in a leadership role since he knows how to do combat.

Ender Lilies question: Am I beating my head against the Elder/Eldest Warrior boss for no reason because I'm fighting him too early or am I just being dumb and dying a lot? I got through the hamlet, but the Boss on the Bridge is kicking my/the girl's ass up and down the bridge.

Yes.

If you're struggling with a boss, search elsewhere for loot and XP.

If you're good enough you can still kill more or less any boss though, if you can reach them.

True, but in the current setting of VtM a cruise missile trumps an elder Vampire. Something the main Tremere chantry can attest to. I think the main RP element will be an inversion of the usual CRPG rise to power. Instead of being a fledgling who has to claw his way up the ladder, your playing someone powerful who has to learn how to sandbag, lest the Second Inquisition catches wind of you being out and about. Think along the lines of the Dark Urge in BG3: a set character who we can also make our own.

That was actually a concern PC Gamer had and the reason why Skidmore was brought on in a leadership role since he knows how to do combat.
See the cruise missile thing only works if you know where your enemy is and they don't just move with their Vampire speed. It's great if it works. But if you fuck up, then you blow up people you shouldn't have and have a pissed Elder deciding to leverage their abilities to making you the ex-president of the being alive club.

Try symphony of war nephilim saga.

This is not a hoax. BLOODLINES 2 IS BACK.

Development is being handled by The Chinese Room (Dear Esther, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Everyone has Gone to the Rapture) and the creative director is Alex Skidmore (Gears Tactics, Fable series). One big change is instead of a freshly turned Thinblood, you are an Elder Vampire waking up from torpor in modern day Seattle. Right in time for a three way power struggle amid the Kindred factions and the Second Inquisition turning their eyes your way.

Release date is fall 2024.

Oooo what a twist.

Kinda depends on just how much of an Elder they are. If they are a proper elder from way back then they could be incredibly op. If they are called an elder but in truth they got turned like 2 days before being torpor'd for a couple centuries then they would be high generation sure but their actual power could be very lacking,

Vampires deal with generation, blood potency, but also just how long you've been physically extent and interacting with the world and your powers. Learning all the tricks of how to exploit your disciplines and so on.

It depends on which book you're reading. :p

In the vamp books, yes pretty much. In most of the rest? Four hillbillies with shotguns could kill an elder in the right circumstances.

Blasphemous 2 is okay but Hollow Knight is still the best Metroidvania that currently exists.

Welp... Just beat NG++ AC6 and got the "Alea Iacta Est" ending with minimal cheese... I think I'm finally ready for PvP...

So due to the Autumn Game Sale + I got a new computer, I decided to buy BattleTech (HSB) and Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries with all DLCs.

A few years back, I said that I was severely disappointed with MW5:M from the few hours I managed to play of it on my brother's rig. Mostly the characterizations and how it compares to MW4:M. I still stand by my statement. I will concede that the gameplay is a lot of fun. The frantic chaos almost made up for the lack of good chemistry between the MC and Ryana. I am slogging through the campaign anyway however, just out of obligation while roleplaying Spectre in my head.

I'm somewhat torn in the MW5 mech customization. I understand that the restriction is to make each 'mech feels different and I concede that was a legit problem in MW4 (In my latest yearly playthrough, I had a Fafnir, an Atlas, and an Annihilator that plays exactly the same). However, I feel that they over corrected a bit.

Here's a little advice for Ibis.
Do not get close to it during the beginning of phase 2. Its lasers will rip you apart. Instead use vertical missiles right before it's health bar appears. Ibis is stuck in one place for a few seconds at the start of phase 2 and if you hit him with enough missiles you will get a stagger.

At that point hit it with everything you have. A long fight is absolutely to your disadvantage. Hit Ibis hard and fast.
Or you can dodge the lasers, pop a charge of Pulse Armor, and Stake its face in. :V

Huh, just goes to show there are plenty of ways to deal with bosses, you just need to figure out a way that works and is fun for you.

I've settled on a Railgun Jouster build in the end. Two machine guns in the arms (the ones with 45 ammo to mag so no need to reload even if it eats through bullets like mad) and two railguns on the shoulders (the one for the ice worm boss). Small threads, loads of armor and let's a go.

What do you use massive long range sniper-like railguns for? That's right, for charging in close and unloading both barrels from point blank range. The shots are too fast for the enemy to dodge, they give a lot of stagger, and once that's done you have a lot of dakka in your hands to take advantage of that. NG++ was a breeze for me with this build, and the railguns have enough ammo you can safely use it on normal missions to take out annoying enemies even at longer ranges.

Enemy charges at you? Charge right back and shoot them in the face. Enemy is a quick and agile git? Get close and shoot him in the face. Ibis closes into melee range to wreck you? Shoot it in the face. Ibis is hovering a distance away unleashing all those fancy attacks? Drive around and shoot it in the face. Final boss is with several difficult adds? Just get close enough to the nearest one and start shooting everyone in the face.

The most challenging enemies I've had were those wheel enemies in protect the strider mission, until I realized that when they charged at me, I could drive backwards so they lined up perfectly in front of me and then shoot them in the face.

I think my record for a fastest arena kill was 11 seconds, usually they take 20-30 seconds.

This is the orkiest way to play. Get stuck in close and unload all the dakka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back