• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Angel Paul is definitely my favorite among the alternates

The faux-angel doesn't know.

Well considering he had a magic card made by a powerful demon stuck in his chest and was essentially robbed of it by a guy who has an odd relationship with time, after essentially traveling through time after being shot by Thomas Wayne during Flashpoint Paradox, and who also vibrated his molecules so that he can get said card, yeah I'd say that isn't one of his more standard deaths and may possibly be a more permanent version.

Chojin Angel Paul saving that girl may not create all that many butterflies. Remember that we didn't exactly see her in any of the animated movies and that Apokalips War may still happen. Still if this version makes more changes then maybe they will avoid it.

Zoat is the League at least aware of this version of Paul, and by that I mean have they spoken to him?

Now that he has a ring and a Mother Box has he been doing some uplift projects like the paragon and renegade, even if his are probably more focused on the military being able to deal with metahuman threats seeing as he works for the government?

Is Angel Paul romantically or at least sexually involved with anyone?

If not is it because of this:

So is having lots of updates with alternative Pauls a permanent thing from now on?

Maybe until we see what all the various versions are doing now that they are back.

We saw them before the Krona episodes so that we could get to know them a bit.

Are we going to see some alternate versions of Paul updates in the next episode?

Zoat are we going to see updates on what the various Jades, like Green Lantern Jade, are doing when they get back?

Curious, Mr Zoat how did that mission to grab get out of hell card end with this Paul apart of the team?

Zoat is the League at least aware of this version of Paul, and by that I mean have they spoken to him?
John Constantine ends up joining that version of the League so... Yes.
Now that he has a ring and a Mother Box has he been doing some uplift projects like the paragon and renegade, even if his are probably more focused on the military being able to deal with metahuman threats seeing as he works for the government?
I haven't thought about it.
Is Angel Paul romantically or at least sexually involved with anyone?
I haven't thought about it.
If not is it because of this:

Being a virgin does not give you superpowers.

Trust me.
Maybe until we see what all the various versions are doing now that they are back.

We saw them before the Krona episodes so that we could get to know them a bit.

Are we going to see some alternate versions of Paul updates in the next episode?
I haven't written them yet but I wouldn't rule it out.
Zoat are we going to see updates on what the various Jades, like Green Lantern Jade, are doing when they get back?
Probably?
Curious, Mr Zoat how did that mission to grab get out of hell card end with this Paul apart of the team?
You know that video on Youtube with the cowboys who can hear the narrator? You know how it ends? Kind of like that.

Being a virgin does not give you superpowers.

Trust me

We are talking about a magic universe and this version has angel wings. I know that Gabriel had sex previously but still, it wouldn't surprise me if it is somehow possible for an individual to have superpowers because of their virginity, especially when they have angel wings.

Oh my, am I the only one imagining what it would be like if this Paul went to Equestria and started singing?

I bet all the mares would spontaneously go into heat.

Zoat if an Angel went through that mirror into Equestria would they become an Alicorn?

I know New Gods and Old Gods can become that and mystical beings like Nabu can become a Lamassu.

Anyone feel like adding Pauliel to the Characters list on the wiki, and maybe creating a page for him? I'm not likely to at the moment (I'm not great at creating wiki pages), but I think someone should, as putting more effort into the wiki would make it easier to find things (e.g. I remember the previous episodes Pauliel was in, but not in enough detail to find them).

Also, not sure if Zoat wants 'Pauliel' to be the official name for the Paul that has angel wings.

EDIT: For those who care, the Episodes list on the wiki is a bit out of date right now, and the Timeline is even more so.

To be fair, I'd almost forgotten that the fic had a wiki.

Slightly Later EDIT: OK, I hadn't noticed before but the front page of the wiki includes a large 'WIKI CLOSED INDEFINITELY GO AWAY' notice, which I'd apparently missed earlier. Not sure why it has that, since I didn't find an explanation.

Last edited:
Zoat if an Angel went through that mirror into Equestria would they become an Alicorn?

I know New Gods and Old Gods can become that and mystical beings like Nabu can become a Lamassu.
He might become a Kirin, a Hakutaku, or something similarly "celestial" in nature. I don't think that any of those showed up in MLP canon, though.

level of an animal in musk
'rut'? I've never heard of 'musk' used like that, and a search didn't find anything...

includes a large 'WIKI CLOSED INDEFINITELY GO AWAY' notice
Looking at the 'History' for that page the notice was put up by 'Nigritos', who (I think, from a brief inspection) created the WTR wiki. So, I guess someone could contact them and ask for an explanation? It's a bit strange, as wikis are (commonly) community things, but, sometimes people want to keep control, or, feel things have got so broken they shouldn't be used any more...

Unlike a MediaWiki there's no obvious 'Talk' page which might explain what's going on, so. we're down to guess-work...

I managed to acquire a Mother Box from Intergang last month. Strangely, the Apokoliptian forces that invaded Earth a few years ago were using them as simple explosives rather than using any of their more sophisticated functions. As far as I have been able to determine, they were taken in combat from New Genesis and making them explode was just about all they could do with them. Since I now possess a link to the Source, the one I recovered was far more agreeable. With DeSaad dead and Darkseid maimed, locating Knockout's daughter in Granny Goodness's orphanage while Apokolips was in anarchy was relatively easy.
So, has the Apokolips War been avoided then, or will Darkseid be more determined to see it come to pass?

So, has the Apokolips War been avoided then, or will Darkseid be more determined to see it come to pass?

The only thing we know for sure is that he saved a kid from those hellish orphanages and has a Mother Box with him.

Darkseid was beaten in the first animated movie in which he showed up in, after the Flashpoint Paradox movie, but he apparently recovered enough to get back in control of things.

Desaad acted in what I'm pretty sure was something akin to Prime Minister position, aside from being chief scientist and torturer, basically organizing everything while Darkseid focused on getting the Anti Life.

Maybe this version will do something about that that butterflies it away, especially after what he saw when he was taken by Krona helps him somehow, but that's up to Zoat.

Last edited:
What powers does being an Angel even grant you exactly?

This version has enhanced physical capabilities beyond human norm, immunity to all mundane poisons and diseases and several not so mundane ones,

He also has access to theurgy, which is basically angel magic and can be used for several things like ordinary magic can, but probably to a greater level and it is useful against demons.

He may not be as powerful as an average angel, or he may be even more powerful but not as powerful as Gabriel was, but he may be more diverse in his powers, unlike regular angels who have various duties assigned to them and can only use their magic in conjunction with those duties, like warriors using theurgy for destructive purposes.

And he can fly.

We are talking about a magic universe and this version has angel wings. I know that Gabriel had sex previously but still, it wouldn't surprise me if it is somehow possible for an individual to have superpowers because of their virginity, especially when they have angel wings.

For magic virgin's blood is a powerful catalist, but usually it has to be a female human virgins blood. Although a female God like being virgina blood Would in theory work much better.

Some powers, not on DC, kill you if you have sex.

But the whole become a wizard for never having sex in your life is just an internet meme Koreans like.

Slightly Later EDIT: OK, I hadn't noticed before but the front page of the wiki includes a large 'WIKI CLOSED INDEFINITELY GO AWAY' notice, which I'd apparently missed earlier. Not sure why it has that, since I didn't find an explanation.

Looking at the 'History' for that page the notice was put up by 'Nigritos', who (I think, from a brief inspection) created the WTR wiki. So, I guess someone could contact them and ask for an explanation? It's a bit strange, as wikis are (commonly) community things, but, sometimes people want to keep control, or, feel things have got so broken they shouldn't be used any more...

Unlike a MediaWiki there's no obvious 'Talk' page which might explain what's going on, so. we're down to guess-work...
What happened is competition: http://wtr.greenmaw.com/wiki/Main_Page Not that it's particularly much more up-to-date, but it's open for anyone who cares to sink the effort into updating it.

I... um... forgot about it, myself, though... and it's running on my webspace. I hadn't noticed that bots had figured out how to get through the spam protection a couple months ago. I should clean that up...

EDIT: Bleh. I forgot how stupidly overengineered commercial-grade PHP code could be. I've updated my anti-spam measures in a way that shouldn't interfere with normal people, but it's a really ugly hack because I can't be arsed to figure out how MediaWiki wants me to do it the right way.

EDIT 2: Oops, broke the login page. If you got an error trying to look at the wiki over the last few minutes, I've fixed it.

Last edited:

In DC, in at least it was stated that faith can power magic, and since Atrocitus forged the red power rings with magic, and there is a universe in which Green Lantern uses magic to control the Glow, I see no reason why sexual frustration couldn't be used as well.

In DC, in at least it was stated that faith can power magic, and since Atrocitus forged the red power rings with magic, and there is a universe in which Green Lantern uses magic to control the Glow, I see no reason why sexual frustration couldn't be used as well.

Could Lex's intelligence be powered by his unresolved sexual feelings for Superman?

Most likely I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back