• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

If Truggs is currently outside of Earth's thaumosphere, kill him and leave his soul to drift for eternity.

If Truggs is currently inside Earth's thaumosphere, have Mammon destroy his soul when he inevitably winds up in Hell.

Either way, problem solved.

The one person who actively keeps track of what Paul tells people might have made other arrangements for his afterlife.

I guess the satisfaction of killing this waste of space isn't worth the negatives that would come with killing him, mostly that the JL and the Team probably wouldn't approve.

Every time he does this shoot him in the knee, or hip. Hip is better. he should learn after the 14th replacement.

52. The comic series that detailed the events of the year following Infinite Crisis.

Jon Standing Bear's stint in the military ended with him going to prison.

When he visited his father, his father gave him the manitou stone and the outfit, it being their family legacy, he then mercy killed his father with a vorpal pillow.

He then joined Firestorm's unofficial Justice League and got killed by Mr Mind pretending to be Skeets for his trouble.

Seemed like a shame. While he did have a temper, he did seem like a good man who had done bad things, I felt like he had story potential.

Post Flashpoint, the only appearances of Superchief I am aware of is the Superman analog of Earth 18 who is part of the Justice Riders with other versions of DC's wild west heroes several turned into expies of Justice League heroes- Bat-lash (Batman), Johnny Thunder (Flash), Strongbow (Green Arrow), Madame .44 (Wonder Woman), and Tomahawkman (Hawkman).

Last edited:
I guess the satisfaction of killing this waste of space isn't worth the negatives that would come with killing him, mostly that the JL and the Team probably wouldn't approve.
If OL had the opportunity to kill Truggs last time and chose not to, then he bears some responsibility for the danger Earth got place in by the Dominators becoming 'interested' in Earth.

If OL does not deal with Truggs her and now, he will also bear responsibility for whatever Truggs might do in the future to cavalierly place Earth in even more danger.

Because 'he annoyed me' isn't a good reason to kill someone, and while Truggs is a murderer he's nothing like as bad an Mannheim.
Holy Pattern Recognition Failure, Batman!

Truggs seem to be someone who is going to either be on the inside pissing out, or on the outside pissing in.
Whatever happens, he is going to pissing on something.
If OL isn't able or willing to make sure the piss gets directed somewhere productive, he needs to be willing to just shoot Truggs in the face.

OL before Truggs: "I have Mannheim I need to deal with"
OL after Truggs: "The Evil Empire that was number 3 or 4 on my list of worst empires to be neighbors with has just turned their attention towards Earth early, while I am still busy with the Reach. They have franchised out their interest to another hostile alien race. Also, I still have Mannheim I need to deal with, just with more complications."

Zoat, your logic seems flawed here.

While I agree with the sentiment, some are pretty difficult to find, or not as necessary to kill, I believe.

For example, I wouldn't recommend assimilating Savage, it's a great historical opportunity buy not worth the hassle, as Grayven found out. Queen Bee is already dead, in both Paragon and Renegade. Eliminate most of the Light and you neutralize how much inconvenience Lex causes.

But in general I agree, the Light are too much trouble.

Could always brand Savage for the historical thing. Just order him to do...something that keeps him out the way and everyone wins! ...Well, except him.

The one person who actively keeps track of what Paul tells people might have made other arrangements for his afterlife.
Oh God, he's going to wind up in the Orange power battery when he finally dies, isn't he?

Truggs was briefly an Orange lantern. He should know that Paul used the hierarchy of needs when he was starting out.

If OL had the opportunity to kill Truggs last time and chose not to, then he bears some responsibility for the danger Earth got place in by the Dominators becoming 'interested' in Earth.
IIRC OL's last interaction with Truggs was coming to the conclusion that he feels "No." for him. Not "HATRED FOR DARING TO EXIST!". Not "The enlightened realization that Truggs is entirely incompatible with his desires, and thus should be removed.". Just a neat, succinct, Black,"No."

So yeah I'm kinda confused about Truggs' body not being reduced to it's base particles, and his soul not being eaten.

Last edited:
Ok, but like Paul is already very much established as a killer. The JL already knows he committed, depending on how to count, anywhere from 1-3+ genocides. Killing a single supervillain is not going to significantly alter their opinion of him.

Also, whose gonna tattle on him? The Anti-Lifed prisoners? The other (ex) supervillains? The (ex) military guys who probably wish America was using the death penalty more? Just shoot him and tell anybody who asks he's the one who brought the aliens here. He literally just admitted to it.

"Which is how they got past the interdiction systems. I guessed it was either a zeta transporter or a boom tube." I think for a moment. "Why are you here?"

"My employers think we should get a small number of people away from Earth. Just in case. I needed to lure these ships-."

"You told the Dominion."
Jesus the Light are dumb. I know this has been established multiple times, but fuck, just ask Paul to send a few humans to his allies like the Controllers or the Vega people. Hell, send 'em to Thanagar, they'd probably love the chance to subtly indoctrinate and interrogate them.

Pyrrhucy (part 21)
14th February 2013
16:02 GMT -5

Kadabra raises his wand like a conductor's baton.

"And… Go."

Eiling and Standing Bear exert themselves, pulling against my construct levers to completely remove the bulkhead door between the prison complex and the lift shaft. Tiny motes of glittering dust waft through as the hole increases in size, the soldiers we strongly suspect to be on guard waiting until they have a clearer target.

Kadabra's skills as an illusionist have increased to the point that if we were on a thaumically active world he wouldn't need a conductive medium like this. But we're far enough away from Earth that he's forced to revert to purely technological methods, creating a full-spectrum hologram showing that we haven't exited the prison yet.

Because as much as I'd like to do something clever like go out through a wall or something -and that is what I'd do if I had my orange rings and somewhere to put the civilians- smashing though to make an alternate exit would just result in them repositioning their troops thanks to the very obvious seismic shocks we'd be sending through the hull. But this is what happens when you're stuck at low power and can't just reshape the universe to your whims.

I sigh, quietly. I do not like this feeling, which is kind of stupid when you realise that I'm still more powerful than any human to have ever existed on Earth Prime. I guess it's what you've become used to.

A final clunking and tearing of metal, and Eiling and Standing Bear move the pieces of the bulkhead out of the way, allowing us a clear view of the shaft. Once the burning plasma fire guttered out there wasn't anything here to burn, though some of the metal is charred and warped. And above us…

My word. What a lot of guns.

Okay, as far as I can tell, the top part of the lift stayed at the top of the shaft where Kadabra wedged it, probably helped a bit by the explosion. But I doubt that it's solidly wedged, so it could fall down at any point.

Below that…

Troopers are positioned at every lift shaft opening, guns pointing down. Other troopers have clamped themselves around the shaft itself. They're all using standard pattern plasma pulse guns… I imagine it's because their doctrine calls for standardised production because Antares doesn't have a lot of free raw materials. Their soldiers have good armour and personal force fields because their people are a limited resource too, but they don't have wonder weapons because they're inefficient even if they work.

I don't hate these people. Objectively, they're no worse than Hyathis. Okay, a little worse; the deal she offered the Thanagarians was better than what the Dhorians offered their prisoners. But within the same division.

Can't see anyone with obvious officer markings. Alright, none of them are tracking me when I move, so I'm going to guess that Kadabra's hologram is working as intended.

"Shock and awe on my signal."

Eiling grunts, while Tuppence and Standing Bear nod.

Ring, connect to internal communications.

"Gentlemen, is there any chance that we could negotiate a peaceful settlement? I reiterate that as far as I'm concerned none of our core interests are in conflict here."

None of the soldiers move. Sealed armour, so it's perfectly possible that they don't get general broadcasts.

"A little while ago I spent some time with a man I admire, a kryptonian by the name of Kal-El. I've tried to incorporate some of his generous, open-handed and kind attitude into my work. And to a degree, it's worked. I'd really much rather work with you than against you, but we've reached the point where I can't afford to pull punches any longer. So we either reach an agreement, or we're going to do our level best to kill you all. And because we can't risk any reversal, after you're dead, I'll be travelling to your homeworld and permanently removing its ability to make war. Not because I hate your people, but because I have a duty to mine."

Still no response.

"So how about it? Everyone goes home with what they want, or no one goes home at all?"

I look up further. I.. don't know what I'm looking-

"A-huh wiener a-huh a-huh."

-for, and now I'm looking at Truggs, who's pretending to cough into his fist.

I guess sometimes you've got to be a bit of a wiener to stay a bit human.

And now I'm thinking of human sausage-.

"So how about it?"

"I don't know what part of us trying to kill you it is that you didn't understand, but the answer's 'no'." Volgar Zo. Still alive, still in command. "But if you surrender and-"

"Go."

Mahkent raises his hands, and a hurricane of ice shards roars up the shaft! Low level kinetic impacts, low level electrical discharges and thermal imaging disruption. Won't kill anyone but it's a big help. There are three woosh sounds as the strike team throw themselves upwards, because while we usually train super strong people to apply themselves precisely and carefully, they all… Well, can do things like this.

Throw their force around. Use your body as a projectile to smash someone else into paste. Superman doesn't want anyone to ever think about the fact that if he turns around at top speed and you're standing too close his cape will be moving fast enough to shear through your spine.

Because I need fear, and the Dhorians are similar enough to us that not being able to see the things that are killing them will do the job nicely.

Empathic vision shows me their fear as they suddenly don't know what they're supposed to be doing, and as Kadabra switches from illusion to jamming they find out that they can't retreat.

Shield.

The glowing yellow barrier appears, but it doesn't look like I'll need it for blocking many shots. There are some hitting, but it's doing more to catch the bodies of those torn loose from their moorings as the Dhorians keep their attention focused on the immediate threat fairly well.

But their fear is building because while they don't know if they're hitting anything or not they do know that the killing isn't stopping.

Huh. It actually feelsGood. I think there's some sort of feedback between my empathic vision and the ring…

"Heh."

But I remember that sensation, and I will not be indulging it, because it's impractical for Batman to confiscate my ring for a week this time.

One of the troopers tries struggling upright-.

"Stop moving. Yield. And I won't kill you immediately."

He stops moving at once.

"Good man. Helmet off, discard weapon."

He hurries to comply as a slight crackle indicates that someone wants to talk over the intercom.

"A-ah."

"Volgar Zo. Good to hear from you."

"Your offer, is-?"

"No. You can surrender, or you can try running. You have entirely exhausted my patience."

Last edited:
Be kind. Be polite. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Superman doesn't want anyone to ever think about the fact that it he turns around at top speed and you're standing too close his cape will be moving fast enough to sheer through your spine.

'shear'. The cut would be sheer, but the cutting is shear.

14th February 2013
16:02 GMT -5

Kadabra raises his wand like a conductor's baton.

"And… Go."

Eiling and Standing Bear exert themselves, pulling against my construct levers to completely remove the bulkhead door between the prison complex and the lift shaft. Tiny motes of glittering dust waft through as the hole increases in size, the soldiers we strongly suspect to be on guard waiting until they have a clearer target.
Heh. An ambush can't do much if you can bypass it like this. Admittedly, this is probably slower than grinding through using a Crumbler construct, but that still seems to be out of OL's range right now. Which is why Kadabra is playing conductor, I see: Concealment and distraction.

Kadabra's skills as an illusionist have increased to the point that if we were on a thaumically active world he wouldn't need a conductive medium like this. But we're far enough away from Earth that he's forced to revert to purely technological methods, creating a full-spectrum hologram showing that we haven't exited the prison yet.
Though I expect their security systems are effective enough that thermal and sonic sensors would tell them that what they're seeing is wrong. Still, the disruption will delay them just enough.

Because as much as I'd like to do something clever like go out through a wall or something -and that is what I'd do if I had my orange rings and somewhere to put the civilians- smashing though to make an alternate exit would just result in them repositioning their troops thanks to the very obvious seismic shocks we'd be sending through the hull. But this is what happens when you're stuck at low power and can't just reshape the universe to your whims.
Well, while you're using a method you're inexperienced with, anyway...

I sigh, quietly. I do not like this feeling, which is kind of stupid when you realise that I'm still more powerful than any human to have ever existed on Earth Prime. I guess it's what you've become used to.

A final clunking and tearing of metal, and Eiling and Standing Bear move the pieces of the bulkhead out of the way, allowing us a clear view of the shaft. Once the burning plasma fire guttered out there wasn't anything here to burn, though some of the metal is charred and warped. And above us…
I expect it will be very satisfying once you clean your Rings out and get back to your primary skill focus.

My word. What a lot of guns.

Okay, as far as I can tell, the top part of the lift stayed at the top of the shaft where Kadabra wedged it, probably helped a bit my the explosion. But I doubt that it's solidly wedged, so it could fall down at any point.

Below that…
...Let me guess, all the guns?

Troopers are positioned at every lift shaft opening, guns pointing down. Other troopers have clamped themselves around the shaft itself. They're all using standard pattern plasma pulse guns… I imagine it's because their doctrine calls for standardised production because Antares doesn't have a lot of free raw materials. Their soldiers have good armour and personal force fields because their people are a limited resource too, but they don't have wonder weapons because they're inefficient even if they work.
So, the classic 'practical but effective' methodology. Makes sense for a race caught in a multi-party war. Fanciness invites weakness.

I don't hate these people. Objectively, they're no worse than Hyathis. Okay, a little worse; the deal she offered the Thanagarians was better than what the Dhorians offered their prisoners. But within the same division.

Can't see anyone with obvious officer markings. Alright, none of them are tracking me when I move, so I'm going to guess that Kadabra's hologram is working as intended.
Safe bet the officers are hiding out of sight, just out of the line of fire.

"Shock and awe on my signal."

Eiling grunts, while Tuppence and Standing Bear nod.
...They're going to need mops to clean up after this, aren't they? :confused:

Ring, connect to internal communications.

"Gentlemen, is there any chance that we could negotiate a peaceful settlement. I reiterate that as far as I'm concerned none of our core interests are in conflict here."

None of the soldiers move. Sealed armour, so it's perfectly possible that they don't get general broadcasts.
Or sufficient discipline that even after hearing him, they're not willing to be the first to lower their weapon. Heck, an offer like this could well be considered a sign of weakness in some warrior cultures...

"A little while ago I spent some time with a man I admire, a kryptonian by the name of Kal-El. I've tried to incorporate some of his generous, open-handed and kind attitude into my work. And to a degree, it's worked. I'd really much rather work with you than against you, but we've reached the point where I can't afford to pull punches any longer. So we either reach an agreement, or we're going to do our level best to kill you all. And because we can't risk any reversal, after you're dead, I'll be travelling to your homeworld and permanently removing its ability to make war. Not because I hate your people, but because I have a duty to mine."
And no doubt the calm, pleasant voice he said that in will be sending some chills up their spines.

Still no response.

"So how about it? Everyone goes home with what they want, or no one goes home at all?"
And I don't know about them, but I would rather live, were I in this situation.

I look up further. I.. don't know what I'm looking-

"A-huh wiener a-huh a-huh."
Careful, Truggs, OL can order Kadabra to drop the illusion on you specifically. Or just toss you up into them alongside the beefcakes.

-for, and now I'm looking at Truggs, who's pretending to cough into his fist.

I guess sometimes you've got to be a bit of a wiener to stay a bit human.
It takes a little of all colours to be alive, after all.

And now I'm thinking of human sausage-.

"So how about it?"
...Hopefully not that kind. :oops: That is the last sort of thing you want running through your mind before a fight.

"I don't know what part of us trying to kill you it is that you didn't understand, but the answer's 'no'." Volgar Zo. Still alive, still in command. "But if you surrender and-"

"Go."
Well, then. They've chosen the hard way.

Mahkent raises his hands, and a hurricane of ice shards roars up the shaft! Low level kinetic impacts, low level electrical discharges and thermal imaging disruption. Won't kill anyone but it's a big help. There are three woosh sounds as the strike team throw themselves upwards, because while we usually train super strong people to apply themselves precisely and carefully, they all… Well, can do things like this.

Throw their force around. Use your body as a projectile to smash someone else into paste. Superman doesn't want anyone to ever think about the fact that it he turns around at top speed and you're standing too close his cape will be moving fast enough to sheer through your spine.
...I'd post a clip of the 'Thunderbolt Fantasy' scene from Season 1, Episode 12, where Shang Bu Huan cuts off a mook's head with the edge of his cloak, but sadly, I can't find one... Still, when you're as durable and strong as that, the world really is made of cardboard...

Because I need fear, and the Dhorians are similar enough to us that not being able to see the things that are killing them will do the job nicely.

Empathic vision shows me their fear as they suddenly don't know what they're supposed to be doing, and as Kadabra switches from illusion to jamming they find out that they can't retreat.
Yeah, this is really showing us just how terrifying the Yellow Lanterns will be when they get going.

Shield.

The glowing yellow barrier appears, but it doesn't look like I'll need it for blocking many shots. There are some hitting, but it's doing more to catch the bodies of those torn loose from their moorings as the Dhorians keep their attention focused on the immediate threat fairly well.
...Or what's left of said bodies. I don't know what colour they bleed, but it is going to be painting the walls by the time they're done, I think.

But their fear is building because while they don't know if they're hitting anything or not they do know that the killing isn't stopping.

Huh. It actually feelsGood. I think there's some sort of feedback between my empathic vision and the ring…
Logical, really. The Yellow Light doesn't operate solely on the fears of the user, after all. So naturally, generating the needed fear in others leads to making you want to make more of it. So why not encourage that sort of sadistic urge?

"Heh."

But I remember that sensation, and I will not be indulging it, because it's impractical for Batman to confiscate my ring for a week this time.
The joy of Enlightenment: Being able to remain clear-headed even when soaked in a particular light.

One of the troopers tries struggling upright-.

"Stop moving. Yield. And I won't kill you immediately."
And that cold, dispassionate demeanour just terrified that trooper even more than any kind of blood-rage.

He stops moving at once.

"Good man. Helmet off, discard weapon."
And try not to make any sudden moves. Just because he's not looking at you, doesn't mean he can't see you.

"A-ah."

No doubt feeling a little worried, after seeing what these freakish Humans can do, eh?

"Your offer, is-?"

"No. You can surrender, or you can try running. You have entirely exhausted my patience."
Good move. Relenting would lessen their fear, give them hope of survival...

Well, so much for the nicer and gentler approach. I'm sure later, he'll claim he regretted it getting this far, but... OL being OL, we know he won't, really. Needs Must, after all. And this way, the Dhorians learn a harsh lesson about what Humanity can throw at them if they come back. And that in itself is worth more than feeling good about yourself for a bit...

...probably helped a bit my the explosion.
...probably helped a bit by the explosion.
...but because I have a duty to mine."
Double Space.
...think about the fact that it he turns around at top speed...
...think about the fact that if he turns around at top speed...

Huh, either this guy is lower-ranking than I thought, or these aliens really have a 'lead from the front' style.

I've noticed that 'Dhorian' is capitalised consistently and I'm just wondering if that's a mistake or not. It's almost certainly a mistake in some cases (unless you've given up on your policy of not capitalising species names) but is it being used to refer to 'people from Dhor/the Dhorian polity' rather than 'the sapient species originating from Dhor'?

Fortunate that this ring has a database on Dhorian physiology, though creating the constructs I needed to communicate the information to Kadabra was… Uncomfortable.
'dhorian'

'shear'. The cut would be sheer, but the cutting is shear.
...probably helped a bit by the explosion.
Double Space.
...think about the fact that if he turns around at top speed...
Thank you, corrected.
Huh, either this guy is lower-ranking than I thought, or these aliens really have a 'lead from the front' style.
No, the voice came over the communicator.
I've noticed that 'Dhorian' is capitalised consistently and I'm just wondering if that's a mistake or not. It's almost certainly a mistake in some cases (unless you've given up on your policy of not capitalising species names) but is it being used to refer to 'people from Dhor/the Dhorian polity' rather than 'the sapient species originating from Dhor'?

'dhorian'
Dhorians are people from Dhor. The species is not referred to by a specific name other than that in canon, so I haven't either.

Reprisal.

Unless I'm working with the wrong dictionary.:(

Works either way. Can't risk the war turning back in their favor after a defeat that isn't complete. As presented it's not risk of them retaliating, but risk of them somehow succeeding in full knowledge that they'd be expected to try in that scenario.

Mahkent raises his hands, and a hurricane of ice shards roars up the shaft! Low level kinetic impacts, low level electrical discharges and thermal imaging disruption.

Electrical discharges? From ice striking metal? Would someone explain that to me, at least enough that I can look up more?

Electrical discharges? From ice striking metal? Would someone explain that to me, at least enough that I can look up more?

Quick search says that ice can hold an electric charge, and is actually part of what causes lightning to happen. If not that then I assume the ice is just causing some exposed wiring to spark or something since this is an elevator shaft that just sort of exploded.

Could also be an unmentioned thing Kadabra helped with?

I think it's a hint that Paul does in fact also have that Fear enlightenment but he's just more...attuned? to the avarice enlightenment?
If I recall Zoat has stated that Paul's current mental architecture isn't the right shape to hold two enlightenments at once - he doesn't have enough room-for-self-awareness to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back