• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Will the older styles be added back? It's currently a bit hard to see the words within the posts with the dark style, but the alternative light styles are worse.

The level of brightness of the words within the posting box itself while I am typing this however are almost too bright in comparison. It would be great if the colors for both were in between each other.

I'm not sure how to spoiler things now? Also, how do I insert images?

No, seriously, how do you post images, there is not an option in the tools or the format.

There is no spoiler function either.

This is a downgrade from how it all used to be.

As HCSS said, change your editor to Froala.

Actually.

You have to manually select Froala as your Rich Text editor in Preferences.

Then save.

Then the three vertical dots & the mask for spoilers.

I hadn't thought about asking about this before hand - but it seems that [tabs] are broken now.

It isn't using the old bbcoding, nor the other set up that SV uses. It isn't an immediate issue, but it is something to be aware of.[/tabs]

No, seriously, how do you post images, there is not an option in the tools or the format.

There is no spoiler function either.

This is a downgrade from how it all used to be.
The spoiler feature is still here. It's just not got a button right at this moment.
As to posting images, I suspect that it's just the standard BBcode embed params, but that's not something I know off the top of my head.

Honestly, that the software is now supported for security is the important part. It's not exactly a good thing to be running the site with unsupported software with no security updates. I'm glad they finally pulled the trigger on it, even if I'm hoping that in the future some additional features and themes get added in.

Can't say I like how the "Users who are viewing this thread" is now above the the chatbox for you to type in. It don't look right, and don't feel right neither.

The spoiler feature is still here. It's just not got a button right at this moment.
As to posting images, I suspect that it's just the standard BBcode embed params, but that's not something I know off the top of my head.

Honestly, that the software is now supported for security is the important part. It's not exactly a good thing to be running the site with unsupported software with no security updates. I'm glad they finally pulled the trigger on it, even if I'm hoping that in the future some additional features and themes get added in.
Go to Preferences & select Froala as your Rich Text Editor then hit Save. To get back stuff like quoting, spoilering, pasting on phone, and everything.

The new design looks like it was designed to look cool and modern...15 years ago

I actually quite like it. It's great on mobile.

Now, the font and background color? That's terrible for my eyesight. Also the scrolling upwards everytime someone post a new comment on a thread? Extremely annoying

I already miss the dark style with green highlights from the previous forum software. Any chance that it or something similar could be added back as an option in preferences? I'd even settle for a style editor so I could make it myself.

On the bright side, things seem to work in general, so there's that?

EDIT: And the image button being gone, too. BBCode is a pain in the butt.
It is the froala editor vs tinymce editor with little integration. Under preferences picking the froala editor makes a lot of stuff work as you would expected it in the editor

Oh. Wow. This is REALLY ugly. At least Dark Mode wasn't gotten rid of. Although weird that Authorization wasn't brought up when I Logged In (checked and it's still On). Although Text in the Dark Mode is blending with the Background. Light Grey on Darker Light Grey (close enough to almost be the same shade on the same shade). It's also a lot more harder to determine where different buttons and borders are from where the page is and the Alerts only tell me if I have or have not Read them by the "Mark as" Feature (makes the SB way of permanently Alerting you unless you manually Mark them to be a dream because at least it tells you what's the new one).

Need to mess with stuff to see if there's something to change... all of it.

[Edit1]
'Kay, it tells you when you last saw them... which is an awful system. I liked my shiney markers, they were an at-a-glance system. Also Xenfore Default is closer to a proper Formatting for a Light Mode, Inverting the Colours is something I more expected.
[/Edit1]
[Edit2]
[Coming back from a Like on an Image Post] ROB fucking dammit. Only way I can tell Links from Text is that I can actually Read Links without getting a headache from struggling with the Background without swapping to the eyeburn Modes. Over all Dark Mode feels like someone Saved a Template for one with plans to go back to it in order to tweak it only to forget after doing the other Modes. Although Text in Light Mode is too thin. Like feels like mono-pixal type thin. Xenfore Default is the one that's half decently Formatted.
[/Edit2]
[Edit3]
Really hate how the "Like" Button only tells you if you did by the "You" in the list and the Bolding. Like how it said "Unlike" before. But that's utterly insignificant to... everything else. Not sure what the Rich Text Editor does though, feels like absolutely nothing.
[/Edit3]
[Edit4]
Huh, now there's stars in the Alerts...
[/Edit4]
[Edit5]
Well here's a major problem:
If Text Size is changed from Default it instead Defaults to 32P whenever the Page Resets or a new one is Opened unless it's set back to Default.
[/Edit5]
[Edit6]
Previous problems seems to have fixed itself...
[/Edit6]
[Edit7]
...by Defaulting back to 16P instead.
[/Edit7]
[Edit8]
So... are we supposed to exclusively use the winds of fate suggesting Stories people have written because the "find X" feature is missing in Profiles. The drop down on the Avatar click looks like SB's but is missing the actual Searching Button.
[/Edit8]
[Edit9]
Found it in the most obtuse way. It still requires physically going to the Profile but now it's next to the other buttons at the top.
[/Edit9]
[Edit10]
Just noticed the Logo. Better way to describe it is "what Logo?". It looks more like a blemish that someone is deliberately hiding.
[/Edit10]

Last edited:
Is there a way to make it so the text does not span the entire screen? magnifing/zooming out just makes the text smaller and it still spans the screen :(

Yeah, this is my biggest issue as well. It's really hard to read stories when each line is like the entire length of your screen. It's matching them to the window, so I've had to make my QQ window very small to read properly.

Go to Preferences & select Froala as your Rich Text Editor then hit Save. To get back stuff like quoting, spoilering, pasting on phone, and everything.
Insert meaningless drivel here.

It's the same text editor Alternate History uses, so it's fine. Gonna take a bit to get used to it, though.

What I am finding annoying is that the reply box is under the member list.

Screenshot-20240507-230558-Firefox-Nightly.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back