• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

So checking the reply options. On computer you can see most of the symbols and 2 triple dots that hold more options. But on mobile its 4 triple dots to all the options, all the options are so close together I will not be surprised if someone fat fingers trying to do spoilers or insert image over and over.

Couple things that I noticed is that the logo is stupidly small now, and posts and users avatars are much bigger now. It's new so I automatically dislike it since I have Asperger's and despise any changes, but I'm trying to be objective so I'm just pointing out that it seems those page elements are perhaps scaling improperly.

The other thing is the fact that the post editor hides the underline option by default and that's a major pain in the ass. I get a lot of use between the bold italics and underline functions so having it visible by default would be greatly appreciated as well.

Grumble, Grumble, I don't like change, Grumble Grumble

Jokes aside, I'll wait a few days before I judge the new format so I have a chance to get 'used' to it.

All I will say is that I have a single issue so far (and very minor): on the first pages of my threads, I have this generic image of the first letter of whatever the thread is called.

For example: my Pirate Princess story has an image with the letter 'P' while my Child of Noble Birth story has a 'C' image, and so on.

If there is a way to change it, or just have it default to my avatar, can anyone let me know.

EDIT: If I had to say what my favorite addition so far is, it would be that I can now see how many people are 'Watching' my fic.

Extremely hopeful some of the old themes are ported over soon, the baseline Dark theme is honestly kinda eugh.

Also for some reason the text in posts on baseline Dark is vaguely grey, on a darker grey background, which is just awful. I would GREATLY prefer the text be a few shades lighter than the background is.

Like, the shade it is in the text editor on the dark theme? THAT SHADE.

Also, a test example:

Uncoloured
Coloured1
Coloured2
Coloured3
Coloured4

Holy shit, yeah, any of those colours are better, jesus. Anything other than GREY ON GREY. Because shockingly a colour on the same colour is a terrible idea for readability.

Also the bottom header is way too big, also threadmarks load the page just under where the threadmark header is, so the back/forward button are just out of sight, which is a minor, but annoying, quibble.

Last edited:
Holy shit, the update got even worse - now emailed updates don't include the fucking chapter in it, just a link to it, so you HAVE to come and read it on the site now.

Seriously, everything about this change has basically ruined the usability of this forum for me on my phone. This fucking sucks.

Under preferences picking the froala editor
Why it defaults to the crappy one, I have no idea. At least the features I want most work in that version. It's just too bad that dark mode is terrible. I'm having to use a *shudder* light mode to be able to read anything, which is like staring at the sun.

EDIT: I am noticing that under the default format (light) format the headers are less obnoxiously sized than they are in the dark format. Just, you know, seared retinas.

bear_01.jpg

Last edited:
Honestly? I hate the new style. I know that this isn't a useful criticism, but I just want to express my feelings on the matter. I don't think I'll ever like it. It feels way to blocky and enlarged, and all the sections feel mis-sized. Why was it changed in the first place again?

When clicking a link to go directly to a post, the top of it (the time posted, post number, etc bar) is covered by the site's banner. Probably just need to offset that a smidge. Could also do with the top bar being smaller in general.

Gonna add my voice to the people saying that the new look is worse than the old. It's too boxy, badly laid out, and just kind of unpleasant to look at. The dark theme is very low contrast and the light themes are way too bright. I get that the technical migration had to happen, but it's really annoying whenever a desktop site is made worse for the sake of the mobile experience.

Also yeah having 'users who are viewing this thread' be above the reply box is just terrible.

List of free themes for the admins to look through.

These two look pretty good, imo. I really like Shades of Blue. Darker colors, without just being black and gray.

Last edited:
Grumble, Grumble, I don't like change, Grumble Grumble

Jokes aside, I'll wait a few days before I judge the new format so I have a chance to get 'used' to it.

All I will say is that I have a single issue so far (and very minor): on the first pages of my threads, I have this generic image of the first letter of whatever the thread is called.

For example: my Pirate Princess story has an image with the letter 'P' while my Child of Noble Birth story has a 'C' image, and so on.

If there is a way to change it, or just have it default to my avatar, can anyone let me know.

EDIT: If I had to say what my favorite addition so far is, it would be that I can now see how many people are 'Watching' my fic.

It should be possible, I remember people having custom icons on SB for their threads.

Sometimes when I type [ img ] and then paste a URL, the rich text editor immediately fills in the image (consuming the tag).

tags don't always auto-close

EDIT: ah, having a "broken" [ img ] floating around seems to break [ spoiler ] so it won't auto-close. Also can't add [img] by itself -- code seems to eat the tag but not show anything.

Last edited:
At long last, a dark mode I actually like!

Though if the comments here are anything to go by, I'm in the minority on that one. Ah well. For everyone else, I wish you the best in getting dark mode styles you also enjoy.

Gonna add my voice to the people saying that the new look is worse than the old. It's too boxy, badly laid out, and just kind of unpleasant to look at. The dark theme is very low contrast and the light themes are way too bright. I get that the technical migration had to happen, but it's really annoying whenever a desktop site is made worse for the sake of the mobile experience.

Also yeah having 'users who are viewing this thread' be above the reply box is just terrible.

No, the mobile experience is awful, too.

is there a way to change the color of the notifications so the new ones are not grey?

EDIT: I also agree wit the others that this new look aint very pleasing to use and im not the biggest fan of all the boxy look and the dark mode is very same tone gray with no highlights or anything to demark things that matter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back