• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Alright cool, so why is it that new threadmark notifications to watched threads aren't a thing? I've marked all threadmarks as read. Quit watching and rewatched threads... nothing really seems to work. I just have to see if there's been an update by seeing if it's been active recently like a savage!

Alright cool, so why is it that new threadmark notifications to watched threads aren't a thing? I've marked all threadmarks as read. Quit watching and rewatched threads... nothing really seems to work. I just have to see if there's been an update by seeing if it's been active recently like a savage!

But they... are a thing?

Check your preferences to make sure you don't have them turned off by accident.

To add my two cents, little things I've noticed as far as the text editor's concerned but which nonetheless need not be resolved right now but it'd be nice to see fixed in the fullness of time nonetheless. (mind you, it very well could be that I'm an idiot who failed to notice the buttons or something :p)

'Tinymce' is my prefered poison, but, unlike xf1 it so far lacks:

-a dedicated emoji button containing all the smilies.

-a spoiler button, I have to write it in code each time [spoi... which is not that much of an inconenience but would be nice to see resolved someday.

-whenever I paste the link to an image, like say this
01740-1058692335-Masterpieces,official%20art,anthro,male,(wargreymon_1.2),Delicate%20face,Delicate%20eyes,helmet,%20armor,%20horn,%20digimon,%20upper%20body,%20dep.jpeg
, unlike "Froala" it merely adds the image as was already said, and 'eats' the link. Whereas before I could paste the address--"https://image..."--and then insert the image with the dedicated button thus allowing people to both check out the image and the og link in case something went wrong down the line

-on the same vein but a smaller issue is linking youtube vids. In 'Froala' like xf1, I get the usual full vid when I paste a link. In 'Tiny' I get this
instead of the usual 'full' vid in the old version. Granted, this too is nice and if possible I'd like the option to chose between the two as needed.

-Whenever time permits and more important issues have been dealt with it'd be nice to see the return of spell-check in 'Tiny'. Over the years I've grown very reliant on the little bugger and its absence is sorely missed. You'd expect better from a writer but my grammar is...less than impressive without it around :xD

-whenever I highlight a word in editor mode and then right click, unlike before where I had access to the full right click range, 'google search etc' now it only offers the choice to place a link in it. Works normaly in preview mode.

Anyway as I said, problems of little import over all, naught but growing pains in truth. Here's to another decade of degeneracy!

Quotes people have posted isn't scaled with Change Text Font.

Chapter threadmarks and threadmark title aren't scaled with Change Text Font. I think I mentioned the threadmark title earlier and it was said to be fixed but somehow its still the same problem from my end.

Media like a YT link is also not scaled. Them same with Like, Edit, Delete, +Quote, Reply and Report in posts.

Likewise with page number in the thread, thread title, thread author, thread date. Unsure what should be scaled but I will mention it just in case. I don't know what its called but "Forums > Announcements and Rules > Suggestions & Bugs" doesn't scale either.

This text what I'm writing right now in this box and its tools isn't scaled either.

Last edited:
Quotes people have posted isn't scaled with Change Text Font.

Chapter threadmarks and threadmark title aren't scaled with Change Text Font. I think I mentioned the threadmark title earlier and it was said to be fixed but somehow its still the same problem from my end.

Media like a YT link is also not scaled. Them same with Like, Edit, Delete, +Quote, Reply and Report in posts.

Likewise with page number in the thread, thread title, thread author, thread date. Unsure what should be scaled but I will mention it just in case. I don't know what its called but "Forums > Announcements and Rules > Suggestions & Bugs" doesn't scale either.

This text what I'm writing right now in this box and its tools isn't scaled either.
I commented on this in this post. It affects some themes, but not all. It can be fixed with a userstyle (see linked post). I'm not sure if they're making any effort to adjust it on the backend. Admin hasn't posted in this thread in a while.

I commented on this in this post. It affects some themes, but not all. It can be fixed with a userstyle (see linked post). I'm not sure if they're making any effort to adjust it on the backend. Admin hasn't posted in this thread in a while.
Thank you for your reply. My info was posted using Blackened Green. So is it only default option that have it fixed without an userstyle fix?

Thank you for your reply. My info was posted using Blackened Green. So is it only default option that have it fixed without an userstyle fix?
From what I can tell, the Light and Dark themes scale fonts appropriately, while the Default, Blackened (all variants), and Lightened themes have fixed font sizes that don't respect the overall site font size.

So for Twitter media embeds, is it just me or is it stuck on a perpetual white screen with the words loading written on it or does it actually show up for anyone else? I seem to recall it working just fine back when XF2 was newly implemented for me but slowly every Twitter post embedded into QQ is just a white block.

So for Twitter media embeds, is it just me or is it stuck on a perpetual white screen with the words loading written on it or does it actually show up for anyone else? I seem to recall it working just fine back when XF2 was newly implemented for me but slowly every Twitter post embedded into QQ is just a white block.

Wouldn't be the first time Twitter changed its API and broke media links.

I am still fiddling with everything to try and figure out exactly why, but I am having issues with tables - Primarily with trying to merge cells together or creating header cells.

Hi, my account details page says "Your full account details are not currently editable." It doesn't give any info about why, I'd like to change my username

Why does clicking on a tag bring you to a search within only the specific subforum? That's so much worse for discoverability than the old way.

@alethiophile can you disable the thing where the search produces links/suggestions? It just interferes with me when I start to click for the author entry but then I click some random thread it popped up.

It doesn't help at all. It's an active detriment!
@alethiophile did you miss this? It really does make it quite a bit harder to search due to the variable displacement of the "By:" box by (nearly-always-irrelevant) suggestion results (sometimes it's large enough to kick the actual "search" button into an internal scroll-down, too).

Is there a way to remove the lightning bolt icon on my nav bar?

Reactions: Jao
I'm finding myself using qq a lot less since this update, and I think I've realized why.

I read fics and quests mostly on my phone, and the mobile site doesn't show the number pages in a thread when I'm browsing for something new.

Might see like nothing, but I've realized my brain was kind of subconciously using that to make some sort of ratio to the story length to work out if something was worth reading, and now scanning a page of threads has much less sticking out to me.

Guess I might be able to get used to it, but number of posts which is shown isn't something I find myself really able to conceptualise as how big the thread is.

I'm finding myself using qq a lot less since this update, and I think I've realized why.

I read fics and quests mostly on my phone, and the mobile site doesn't show the number pages in a thread when I'm browsing for something new.

Might see like nothing, but I've realized my brain was kind of subconciously using that to make some sort of ratio to the story length to work out if something was worth reading, and now scanning a page of threads has much less sticking out to me.

Guess I might be able to get used to it, but number of posts which is shown isn't something I find myself really able to conceptualise as how big the thread is.
I see both page count and number of replies though?

It's only there on Mobile sizes.

Turn your phone sideways and it might disappear, but that probably defeats the purpose since you don't lack navbar space when your phone is sideways.

What lightning bolt icon?
*checks* It's only visible on mobile phone, and only in Portrait mode. Tapping it will take you to 'What's New' (same as on the navbar). You can basically get the same functionality by tapping the three horizontal bars at the left end of the navbar and selecting what you want from 'What's New'. IOW, the lightning-bolt icon is largely useless unless you consider the ability to check What's New (set to the last 100 new posts) in one tap as substantially more important to your browsing experience than doing so in two taps.

I see both page count and number of replies though?
Turn your phone sideways to Landscape mode to see pages.
(That or learn to divide Replies by 30 (or whatever you've set in Preferences, because you can adjust that now) to figure how many pages there are.

Last edited:
As an aside, the lightning bolt is one of the least-necessary quick links on the UI.

It's kinda weird how often that link appears for mobile users:

4cj87r.jpg

Honestly don't understand why it needs to appear in 4 places.

Threadmark alerts aren't appearing even though the settings seem to indicate they should.

Threadmark alerts aren't appearing even though the settings seem to indicate they should.
If you're looking at Preferences, there's no specific preference re. Threadmarks.
If you're looking at New Threadmarks under Forums on the navbar, play around some with the filters and make sure you're Watching the threads in question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back