• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

If you're looking at Preferences, there's no specific preference re. Threadmarks.
If you're looking at New Threadmarks under Forums on the navbar, play around some with the filters and make sure you're Watching the threads in question.
No, I'm looking at my alerts menu and they don't pop up but I can see that there are new threadmarks in my watched threads via a different menu, I just don't get the alerts for them.

As an aside, the lightning bolt is one of the least-necessary quick links on the UI.

It's kinda weird how often that link appears for mobile users:

4cj87r.jpg

Honestly don't understand why it needs to appear in 4 places.
Maybe XenForo devs think mobile users obsessively check for new content (this is, at least directionally, correct).

@alethiophile

Could you give another look at my thread please?

I've just tried transferring text in again and that now works....

What can be done about the older XF1 bits that have screwed/mucked with because of the transfer?

older XF1 post

XF2Post

XF1post

Email alerts still don't show the new post's content like they used to.

Also, a bunch of threads I watched randomly got switched from 'Email Alerts' to 'OP Email Alerts'. Not sure exactly when.

I don't know if someone mentioned this before, but it used to be much easier to see all the threads created by someone via their profile. So you could browse multiple quests and stories by the same author. But after the change it's now more inconvenient to do so, because you have to scroll all the way down in a specific tab (posts) and click another button out of the bottom (that you might not even know is there) to get to see all the threads made by that person.

I don't know if this is an intentional change, but if it is then it's not a good one.

I don't know if someone mentioned this before, but it used to be much easier to see all the threads created by someone via their profile. So you could browse multiple quests and stories by the same author. But after the change it's now more inconvenient to do so, because you have to scroll all the way down in a specific tab (posts) and click another button out of the bottom (that you might not even know is there) to get to see all the threads made by that person.

I don't know if this is an intentional change, but if it is then it's not a good one.

Agreed. Another forum has it set up where you can see the individual posts by a person, but the button to see all threads started by the person is also at the top.

So, that moved. If you follow the 'Find' dropdown either on their profile or the profile modal, it lists multiple categories of content of that user. Currently, it shows "all content", "all threads", "all stories", or "all quests".

Is it possible to one day changed the 'edited' timer to give five minutes to edit a post?

I know that's literally some of the most limp shit ever to complain about, but a one minute edit window is big oof.

Is it possible to one day changed the 'edited' timer to give five minutes to edit a post?

I know that's literally some of the most limp shit ever to complain about, but a one minute edit window is big oof.

Jsut never make mistakes, evre, liek I do.

:V

More seriously though, I agree, having it be 5 would be nice, but I'd settle for two or three at least.

I was wondering if the ability to do math on the dice rolls will be added back in.

I can't quote posts that only have quotes.

It used to give me an empty message that I could write 'snip' in, but the quote simply doesn't show up now.

can you not search threads by their titles anymore? or is it just in mobile?

There's something that has been annoying me more and more with the new layout.

The ⏪ [◀️ Prev] and [Next ▶️] ⏩ buttons aren't at the top of the page, only at the bottom. It's really really annoying on smartphone to scroll to the bottom each time.

Hey, just had the time to review with the new UI after making use of it both in mobile and desktop and gotta say I like it. I dunno how it looks completely in non-night mode beyond when I signed in desktop, but I'm very comfortable in it.

I just have two suggestions I guess if it would be nice.

Color code in the alerts in the words about the 'reacted, quoted, replied' words without making it look like an eyesore or painful to look cause its a bit hard to look in the fonts at times when I look at it with tired eyes and I can only notice the ones that reacted with a like easily because of the like icon in the alert.

Implement the 'who voted' in the thread tool like in SB. Did not make use of the current tool to check the vote and I tend to not check the alerts of the OPs especially when its kinda late and all that so it would be convenient for it to be added so I can check real time easily while in the go.

The QQ logo at the top of the page changes to XenForo logo when I'm using Xenforo Default style. Is this intended?

The QQ logo at the top of the page changes to XenForo logo when I'm using Xenforo Default style. Is this intended?
I'm pretty sure it's either intended or unavoidable. The Xenforo Default style is the style you can revert to when something in the back-end borks literally every other skin, and it's quite likely nigh-impossible to tinker with for that reason.

I'm pretty sure it's either intended or unavoidable. The Xenforo Default style is the style you can revert to when something in the back-end borks literally every other skin, and it's quite likely nigh-impossible to tinker with for that reason.
ScribbleHub's Forum seems to be using that exact style, and it has no problem putting it's logo there..

ScribbleHub's Forum seems to be using that exact style, and it has no problem putting it's logo there..
ScribbleHub has literally overwritten the built-in XF logo with their own.
'Logo', right.

Scribble Hub could get away with that because their forum is an extension of the main site which was built around the same time, and because they haven't screwed around with the Style too much beyond that. QQ was around for over a decade running XF1 with a fairly wide range of XF1 skins that didn't have XF2 equivalents, so most of the screaming re. XF1->2 was about losing those skins. As such, QQ admin priority was on grabbing new skins and adapting those ones instead.

Where?
snip
*tests* That is peculiar to the Xenforo Default Style, which is the only skin that even uses those arrows to begin with. All other skins have a tappable ellipse between the first and (current and) last page numbers, at the top and bottom of the page. Pick literally any style except that one; light or dark doesn't matter, considering the dark theme you've switched your browser to.

[EDIT: Wrong word choice.]

Last edited:
Bumping a previous post to see if anyone had answers. Especially the first paragraph, since I have been noticing more hosting sites having embedding issues since then.

Is anyone else having issues embedding images from a few hosting sites that used to work? Now I just get "Image cannot be loaded from the passed link".

Also, is there a way to speed up image uploads? Before the transition, when embedding images you could still interact with the editor while the image loaded in. This allowed me to start adding another image before the previous one was done. Now the editor becomes completely frozen until each image is done embedding, slowing me down when posting a series of images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back