• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

It has a unwatched filter on default, try removing it.
Ah I got it. My trick of ignoring watched threads so they don't show up in the forum section they're from doesn't work anymore (did it so new stories/quests were easier to find). Ignored threads don't appear in your watched threads. Ignore threads seems to have lost a lot of their modularity so they're all or nothing. Can't ignore sticked threads anymore either.

Oh there is an option in filter to show ignored threads so I'm happy now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jao
Purge as many dropdowns as possible. They're an annoyance at best on desktop, only existing to make navigation and interaction actively more difficult.

For subforums, the "Thread title" textbox which expands into thread creation is annoying and pointless. Literally anybody serious about making a thread will just click the "Post thread" button in the top right, all it does is take up space and act as a clicking hazard.

In threads, I'd advise auto-hiding the default Xf2 icon for the thread if there isn't a custom image set. It really doesn't need to be there.

Last edited:
Got sick of the reply being below users viewing the thread, if you're using firefox and install stylus, you can import this to fix the ordering for now. I also think this might work for stylish in chrome.

CSS:
@-moz-document domain("questionablequesting.com") {
.p-body-pageContent {
    display: -webkit-box;
    display: -moz-box;
    display: box;

-webkit-box-orient: vertical;
    -moz-box-orient: vertical;
    box-orient: vertical;
}

[class*='js-pollContainer-'] {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 1;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1;
    box-ordinal-group: 1;
}

[class*=' block--messages'] {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 2;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
    box-ordinal-group: 2;
}

.js-quickReply {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 3;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3;
    box-ordinal-group: 3;
}

.block:has(#uaThreadViewContainer) {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 4;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 4;
    box-ordinal-group: 4;
}

.block[data-widget-key='xfes_thread_view_below_quick_reply_similar_threads'] {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 5;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 5;
    box-ordinal-group: 5;
}

.blockMessage:has(.shareButtons) {
    -webkit-box-ordinal-group: 6;
    -moz-box-ordinal-group: 6;
    box-ordinal-group: 6;
}
}

Edit: At least for xenforo default, no clue about the other themes.

Edit 2: Updated to fix a bug

Edit 3: Admins appear to have fixed this particular problem, rejoice and disable my terrible css

Last edited:
If anyone has a Chrome Dark Reader extension, try turning it on to see if you like the color format better.
My Chrome Extension
P.S. Thank you for changing the site to Xenforo 2, had to use the site on 400x zoom (Chrome) and the words on mobile (iPhone) were too tiny for me before the change.

I've discovered a brand new, special kind of annoyance for the current dark theme:

Hyperlinks are only a slightly different shade. And not underlined or anything else. Did you even catch that "slightly different" was a hyperlink to this page?

They are also, in the text editor, the SAME SHADE as the REST OF THE TEXT.

Dear god, what fucked up chaos cultist monster created this default dark theme, and can we get them tried in the Hague? 🙃

The contrast is effectively zero, the hyperlinks are almost the same colour as the rest of the text which is already annoying to read, and the text editor groups the spoiler button with other things adding an extra click whenever I want to add a spoiler.

This is honestly a significant issue for usability, and really needs fixing ASAP.

Last edited:
Hey, uuh, everyone? Has anyone tried making a new thread? What the fuck is that thing?

Edit: Okay, you can get the normal New Thread page by clicking More Options once you type in the post box at the top of the forum page.

You mean the abomination which sits above even the "Sticky threads" header? Yeah, positively vile to suffer.

Am I crazy or has the pages and tabs been swapped? If so I'd like them swapped back. My muscle memory is messing with me.

Edit: Also whilst I'm here, I'd like to put further support for a dedicated Snippet section for the forums.

Last edited:
As I'm sure you've all noticed, we've upgraded the site to Xenforo 2. There's a new set of styles and new frontend all around.

Development on the XF2 deployment remains ongoing; we'll be tweaking styles and fixing issues. Please post any issues you come across, as well as general feedback on the new site, in this thread.
I would prefer that the dark mode have some more additional colors to add contrast and delineation.

Right now there's too much grey. Needs more contrast. A bit darker blacks, some unobtrusive blue to separate layers and sections, and make the text a brighter white.
Right now it is dark grey with light grey. Which really suck for reading.

On editors, I have several issues. repeating my post from the last thread.

...or I WOULD except the tinymce editor is preventing me.

To be precise whenever I hold my finger on the touchscreen , instead of getting the copy/cut/select all options, i keep getting cockblocked by the LINK... popup.

That thing is cockblocking significant amounts of functionality. Please remove that.

Also on mobile the froala editor has too many icons hidden behind the 'more' button. I'd prefer more or all buttons immediately possible.

On navigation. When on new posts, please have the first and latest 3 or so pages visible to be blocked for each thread.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just me, but I think there was some green mixed with the black before, but now my Dark style has only black and white. It's a bit of a shock, and a bit dull as well.

This seems to be the place to suggest new themes/styles.

I am still iffy about the new version of QQ since it feels a bit cumbersome, but that could just be due to being used to the old one. I do have a few questions though about using XF2:

1. How do I add a formatted list? I do not see an option for that anymore in the rich text editor.

2. In the old version, there would be a horizontal bar near the top and bottom of each page. Clicking the hamburger icon (the three horizontal bars) in it would open a site map that let you navigate to completely different sections of QQ quickly. Is there still something like that now? Otherwise, I have needed to go to the front page first to find the link if I needed to go from (say) creative writing to general.

3. Is there a way to automatically expand the sections at the top of the rich text editor as far as they will go? I use spoilers a lot and that button used to be right there in the header bar by default instead of needing to click "More options..." first. Not a huge problem, but adding extra clicks to my normal process can add up.

4. Before, I could post a link to (for instance) Twitter and just have it stay like that. Now it detects and expands to an embedded twitter post automatically, even if I just want the URL. Is there a way to prevent that?

5. Does loading things (especially images) seem slower for anyone? Are there any settings that I need to configure things run lighter?

Last edited:
Seriously getting tired of the auto-scrolling on mobile. Is it just me that's happening to?

As I'm sure you've all noticed, we've upgraded the site to Xenforo 2. There's a new set of styles and new frontend all around.

Development on the XF2 deployment remains ongoing; we'll be tweaking styles and fixing issues. Please post any issues you come across, as well as general feedback on the new site, in this thread.
Is there any pure black and white option? The dark option is more an off grey color

Looks a little weird but it shouldn't be hard to get use to it.

I hate it. Its new. But im sure ill get used to it in like a week or two. Just like everyone else.

I'll need some new styles before I get used to this.
The flat squareness is painful to the eyes. Everything used to have an embossed look to it that gave the site texture. Now it looks like a google doc.

That and the current Dark style is cancerous. Dark with forest green or a darkish orange would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Or a muted Blue, that would be pretty good too come to think of it.

That and the UI on the Text pane being reversed and collapsed is mildly disorienting considering I'm right hand and left eye dominant so the layout was very soothing, now it's just a bit weird. I'll probably get used to it but that's jarring and disorientating my eye keeps wanting to twitch the wrong way and that's incredibly disconcerting.

Hey, uuh, everyone? Has anyone tried making a new thread? What the fuck is that thing?
Haven't myself, what's up? Something funky happening?

Last edited:
Watched threads link is buried in a menu under Forums. That is 100% increase in clicks to reach perhaps my most used page.

Quotes used to look neater though I suspect I can get used to it. Conveniently the forum used to filter out quotes of ignored members, though it did make reading one sided conversations a bit weird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back