• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

I really don't get the worry about some other Pony coming in from behind and claiming the Glory. The majority do not rise beyond Rank 1, only a few rise to Rank 2 and it takes rare talent to get to Rank 3. They do not have the advantage of the Master slowly teaching them, the safety of the Woods and Loremaster Velvet. Even if Copper finds someone else of equal potential as the rest of the council it would've taken them multiple turns to get to Rank 3.

Hell nobody outside of us and Baldomare even knows about how to break the lock. And if some random Pony does stumble upon the Crossroads they sure as shit won't explore much or want to return. That is if they even can. Most who enter the Dream only do so once or twice in their lives.

Our only real threats are Copper and Windy (if even him) let's not go jumping at nonexistent shadows now.

Last edited:
to help illuminate and navigate the way forward
She navigates and she illuminates.
Oh Baldomare, you glorious mare, you are such a liar sometimes.

You can't blame the Wake for your attachments when you're acting in the Mansus. And this was undoubtedly a merciful act. The third part of the Watchman's nature, denied!
But you suppose it is inevitable that you get used to this place, now that you spend more time here than you do at your home
Hmmm… hearing this, I wonder what Paranoia is up to in Ponyville.

To be fair, I doubt Baldomare's beacon means people don't still have to navigate the wastes, they're just not completely lost in a place actively trying to kill them.

Also it's a beacon leading from a place trying to kill them to the actual afterlife, technically speaking. The Blank Plains may be nicer than the Ash, but it's still not a very nice place. And maybe Baldomare just wants more people to visit her sometime. :V

One could also say that by helping people navigate and so letting them Climb reveals the Great Tragedy of the Mansus, that the way is barred. What more unmerciful thing could she do than that?

Ignore her actively helping us break the Lock.

Last edited:
One could also say that by helping people navigate and so letting them Climb reveals the Great Tragedy of the Masus, that the way is barred. What more unmerciful thing could she do than that?

Ignore her actively helping us break the Lock.
We did have to bribe her for that, and further help is only due to the bindings...

@OurLadyOfWires So if we were to tell Pride about DoA's plan for this turn, what would we say? "She's going to do some exploring in Canterlot"?

Also, we can't even use the last seed of the woods as a Moth 1 reagent? Classic Master, even in its destruction not as useful as Twilight Sparkle!

Some voting thoughts:

1) I'm partial to Feast. Everyone accessing the Manaus is opposed to Velvet in one way or another, and hampering them all seems to make sense. I don't think we're going to take them down using Ash, though, and picking away with Starve thus seems a little ineffectual.

2) I agree it would be nice to send Ash after Windy, because we have a lot fewer tools to hamper him than we do Copper. I'm also so worried it'll play out like the last time we sent a minion to investigate him. Sending a being of the Wolf to have fun with a guy who has spent many turns investigating the Wolf seems like a precursor to disaster.

(On the other hand, maybe done is done with his easy access to the Ashlands.)

3) I sorta want to tell Pride about Axe's actions this turn. It'll be funny. And maybe Axe can stay in the Velvet estate, what could go wrong?

(I don't really want him involved in the Frangiclave expedition, on the other hand.)

Last edited:
We did have to bribe her for that, and further help is only due to the bindings...
I don't know about you but a bunch of wine isn't that much of a bribe to Baldomare, she just wants the Lock gone is all. Any excuse we give she will take and run with in such an endeavour.

Also, I oppose sending Ash after Windy without at least verifying what the is going on with him. Who knows maybe he really got into making beautiful ice sculptures and then letting them melt in the sun to feed off of the agony such a loss generates.

Very unlikely I'm aware but I'd rather at least know before taking an action as final as setting Ash on him.

Also, I oppose sending Ash after Windy without at least verifying what the is going on with him. Who knows maybe he really got into making beautiful ice sculptures and then letting them melt in the sun to feed off of the agony such a loss generates.
Yes, this. Though not so much that I think Windy might not be up to Wolf Stuff, and more that I want to know who the hell has our manuscripts before we start stabbing our former fellow advisors.

I'm not really afraid of Copper's cult splintering and running off with the manuscripts so much as I am afraid of what happens to a Name when their summoner dies. Neighnia might not be our enemy directly yet, but even if she decides not to kill us she can still cause problems.

Ash killing our foes seems really optimistic. I don't think Ash is going to kill one of our foes, it's a question of hampering them, rebuffing them, and discouraging them from exploring the Mansus.

It would be nice to stop Copper from finding more names. Or Windy from grabbing the Winter Heirloom in the Garden or Lights.

Who knows maybe he really got into making beautiful ice sculptures and then letting them melt in the sun to feed off of the agony such a loss generates.
Oh, for sure Windy is isn't a personal enemy of Velvet. But really:

He has been working on a Wintry long term project for a while.
It's implied he's a serial killer.
He is LISTENING TO THE WOLF, and pursuing that research.

Let's give some respect to our foes, please. Bird has reminded us time and time again —They don't pull their punches.

Now, I don't think he's an active threat to Velvet. But he's definitely a threat to Equestria. And in our capacity as director of the Lunar Bureau, I think he'll wind up an issue in our desk, sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Ash killing our foes seems really optimistic. I don't think Ash is going to kill one of our foes, it's a question of hampering them and discouraging them from exploring the Mansus.
Isn't Ash's tagline him gnawing on people's bones? I'd say that's pretty lethal.
It's implied he's a serial killer.
...where'd the serial killer thing come from?

Also, I'm not underestimating him I merely don't want to off him without knowing. Then there is the fact that as of our last interaction he won't be coming after us. and if he does becomes a problem for Equestria before we scout him then he'll be addressed.

I've wanted to scout our foes for a while now, I wanted both a RotT on evidence and a physical scouting of Copper's cult this turn. Had that happened I wanted to hit them next turn and then send a RotT off at Windy but that has been delayed.

Again

Ash killing our foes seems really optimistic. I don't think Ash is going to kill one of our foes, it's a question of hampering them, rebuffing them, and discouraging them from exploring the Mansus.
I would actually prefer that Ash doesn't kill them and instead puts them in debuff hell tbh, so me assuming that it's a "go try to kill this person" button is actually not very optimistic on my part :V

Wait... Did, did Starry die the night we killed the Master? That means she was in the Woods.

The Will of the Woods was going to give us a parting gift if we gave Mareinette to her, was it Starry?

It... Would make sense, the shadows are where mercy may be found and Starry felt safe with the Master, she felt at home. The Master knew she needed someone in her life while they were gone.

It is a shame we did not work on the SH Sacrament before that turn, we might have had a better option than the ones we got if we did.

Now I'm wondering who else might have died that night, I hope no innocent dreamers were unlucky enough to reach the Woods.

Weren't people saying it was going to be the Heirloom? Also, it could be multiple things at a time. A gift and a duty/minion in the form of Starry.

We didn't really know about Herilooms at that point, though I suppose they might have thought it was "the biggest Moth artifact" or something.

...where'd the serial killer thing come from?
Mostly the knowledge he's working on some long term winter project, and this scene:
Well, Golden dear, you could have just said something," he says, and you see his horn glow for a few moments.

You hear the sound of the door locking shut right after, followed by the volume of the gramophone being raised a few notches.

"But I think I understand what was going on in your mind…" he finishes saying, gently taking your chin with his hoof, "so yes, why don't we try making something beautiful together?"

And this time, he is the one that pulls you into the next kiss.

The soft melody of the gramophone drowns out everything that happens after that. And you, for your part, are so overwhelmed, and embarrassedly happy, that it doesn't even cross your mind to wonder exactly what he meant by "beauty".
(Because we do know, with that text, what he meant by beauty!)

I've wanted to scout our foes for a while now, I wanted both a RotT on evidence and a physical scouting of Copper's cult this turn. Had that happened I wanted to hit them next turn and then send a RotT off at Windy but that has been delayed
The nature of having lots of competing demands on actions and bits is that we make decisions with imperfect information. But imperfect information isn't the same as none.

Well, if Bird lets us kill two birtds like that then you've sold me on the idea @Sveta08

They're not, but I'm not seeing where you're coming from.

Something can be regrettable without being hated.

A happy little accidents, you could call it.

Ash especially would not be hated.

What lead to him would, yes. But Ash himself is in Velvets own internal monologue said to be a happy dog wagging its tail after bringing her something.

Did you know that cats bring us dead mice and birds to show how good at hunting they are?
You might be annoyed that they'd trek blood into the house, but if you hate them for it then there is something wrong with you.

Anyways killing or at least hindering Midday Dew is a way of sabotaging Celestia's learning of the lores.

On one hand, I'd agree to it as a stopgap.

On another, how will Celestia react when one of her experimental pics drops dead?

I really don't get the worry about some other Pony coming in from behind and claiming the Glory.

But we are a proper cultist, always be paranoid.

Let's give some respect to our foes, please. Bird has reminded us time and time again —They don't pull their punches.

YES! It's been sounding like people talk themselves into thinking that our enemies are no threat as of late.

We are now a protector of the land, we have shown some care in the state of the wake because of Cadanse and Celestia and because it is where our family lives!

We may be evil, especially by pony standards, but Copper and Windy are worse.
Let Ash gnaw on their bones.

[X] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)

On one hand, I'd agree to it as a stopgap.

On another, how will Celestia react when one of her experimental pics drops dead?
On another another hand(yes, that was on purpose), who said Midday Dew will be what raises Celestia's awareness of the lores? We already know she has at least 1 Watchpony's Glass that she uses to break Changeling's disguises so who knows what else she has, how long she looks at that mirror and how often she uses it.

She doesn't need him to get more Lantern levels, she needs him to do research for her and lead... Whatever he leads.

(Because we do know, with that text, what he meant by beauty!)
I distinctly remember it being later revealed that the mare was fine.
The nature of having lots of competing demands on actions and bits is that we make decisions with imperfect information. But imperfect information isn't the same as none.
Look putting off information gathering is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place. Saying all that is the opposite of reassuring or mollifying.

[X] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)
[X] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
-"The treacherous ground of the Ashen Wastes will burn and torment every single pony who enters the Mansus."
-All ponies who access the Mansus will receive a small and temporary debuff.
[X] [ASH-PREY] No prey

Last edited:
I distinctly remember it being later revealed that the mare was fine.
I wasn't able to find that. But if that's the case, mea culpa.

Look putting off information gathering is exactly what got us into this mess in the first place
I think of it as not respecting our foes that got us into this mess. And given a tool to hamper them for free, we shouldn't abandon it.

[X] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
[X] [ASH-PREY] Copper Secateur
[X] [ASH-PREY] Windy Flakes

Last edited:
[x] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)

Give him a hint, but no more before we know where Axe stands on the topic.

[x] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
-"The treacherous ground of the Ashen Wastes will burn and torment every single pony who enters the Mansus."

I could be convinced to go with stalk instead, but this one feels the most Velvet.

[x] [ASH-PREY] Copper Secateur

Copper is organized, we know they are a very potential threat.

We don't know as much about Windy, nor if they know about us.

[x] [PRIDE] You will tell him a little bit, but also that he should ask her the rest himself. (Reveal to Pride what action Axe will take this turn only)
[x] [ASH-GUARD] Stalk.
[x] [ASH-PREY] No prey

Last edited:
Oh, voting is open already? Well, in that case:

[X] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
[X] [ASH-PREY] No prey

Decided to go with No prey, we can change it next turn anyway.

[X] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
[] [ASH-PREY] No prey

Last edited:
[X] [ASH-GUARD] Feast!
[x] [ASH-PREY] No prey

@OurLadyOfWires can Velvet teach Lores to Wolf's sons? And if so can we teach them Lores beside Winter and Edge? I remember that we had option to teach Soft her own Lore unrelated to this two (already after her wolfification I mean). And Wolf's are not mortals and not necessary limited to two Lores. Alicorns have four after all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back