• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

We're summoning TWO names, we're doing our second MANSUS EXPEDITION, we get to see Axe's reaction to Selene being all grown up, there's Ash, we get to see the Forge Personal and Biedde Edge Sacraments...
Don't forget our walk in the Ashen Wastes, Bird did drop some hints about remnants of the Woods didn't he(or I might be hallucinating again, whatever)?

I'm so excited about that, I hope we roll high(or low) enough to get to it.

Yep, I think it was that. I just hope it is not a Wolf thing, a Moth thing I'm okay with but the Wolf pfftt that thing can keep falling in the blades forever for all I care.

Well, I also have this:

The Master:
-Lores: [MOTH 7] [LANTERN 5] [FORGE 5] [EDGE 5] [WINTER 5] [HEART 5] [GRAIL 5] [KNOCK 5] [SECRET HISTORIES 5]
-Info: The guide and lord of the Wildhoof Club, the first occult organization to appear after so long, she is perhaps the oldest and greatest eldritch creature to ever walk the Wake in the present Era. He was also, you learned the hardest way possible, the Will of the Woods. Or perhaps she was the Woods itself. But none of that matters now, because SHE BELONGS TO THE WOLF NOW
Not "she's dead"...

Gonna be a lot this turn.
So, probably gonna be a hot minute while Bird/Wires plans out the story points.

And...

It would befit the moth to learn to wear a new face, wouldn't it?
And we have yet to meet Ash...
…Sonuvabitch, please tell me we didn't adopt another immortal Eldritch abomination. This isn't even real fillifictaion!

And we have yet to meet Ash...

The ashes will consume them. At first glance it looks like a euphemism for being buried in said ashes, but if taken literally…
images

Ironically I did NOT think of the possibility of Ash=Master... But it DOES make a lot of sense.

Well, no. I don't think the Ash is the Master, exactly. No more so than the Wolf Divided was the Sun-in-Splendour, anyways, since I believe Bird did directly say that the Master was well and truly gone. But it does make some sense to me that if the space surrounding the Mansus once had a combined will, the new space surrounding the Mansus might also have a combined will. Especially since, you know, we only did one RA, so only one Wolf should have technically been born. That Wolf having lots of little parts to hunt people with is just a loophole. :V

Also, wasn't the Master created when the Moth burned in Glory and its ashes fell to the Woods? Or something like that anyways. Interesting parallels there.

Whoa whoa whoa.
Ash can't be the Master.
The Regrettable Action was specifically to kill the Master, and Regrettable Actions cannot fail.
They're dead Jim. The Woods might bear a seed that grows after burning, but it won't be the Master.

The Regrettable Action was specifically to kill the Master, and Regrettable Actions cannot fail.
Sun in splendor died too, and so did the Wheel, and so did the Moth...... But to sufficiently powerful and important beings, death is not quite the end.

Sun came back somehow.

The Wheel still turns in the House of the Moon

The Master was the successor and inheritance of the Moth.

Ash might be the next "form" of the Master, or it might be more of a child, or just "what's left"

Sun in splendor died too, and so did the Wheel, and so did the Moth...... But to sufficiently powerful and important beings, death is not quite the end.

Sun came back somehow.

The Wheel still turns in the House of the Moon

The Master was the successor and inheritance of the Moth.

Ash might be the next "form" of the Master, or it might be more of a child, or just "what's left"
Your two examples of things that came back from the dead are Hours. Master was big, but not that big. Now sure, Ash could be a successor or something, but that's not the same as, "Ash is the Master."

I feel that's more a nod to there being a new Moth Name except now they're Wolf flavoured, whether they're Ash or not is immaterial to that. Also, personally I don't think it's Ash, either the Master's remnants were used to make the Moth Name for the Wastes or they're trapped in unending torment.

In consideration of the Wolf.

It is known that in the beginning The Forge Of Days loved The Sun In Splendor, and the Mansus celebrated and anticipated their union. Alas, The Forge feared the possible consequences of this union and murdered her lover in the Intercalate.

This was a Regrettable Action.

Many ills came of this, chiefest of them all the Wolf himself, the bitter hour-thing made up of hatred, loathing, fear, betrayal, regret, and every other sort of cankerous spite. All of these fruits of the Forge's betrayal of her lover, herself, and the possible future damned out of fear of calamity.

The Wolf is what it is.

The Wolf knows what it is.

The Wolf Hates what it Is.

The Wolf is
a yearning that cannot be satisfied.
The Wolf is a revelation that cannot illuminate.
The Wolf is a fire that cannot bring warmth.
The Wolf is a conflict that cannot be won.
The Wolf is a scream that cannot end.
The Wolf is a misery that cannot be expressed.
The Wolf is a hunger that cannot be sated.

The Wolf Is A WOUND IN THE SOUL OF THE WORLD!

Consider this, every Hour and every thing like unto an Hour surely knows its own nature, self-certitude is one of the few things that all the Lores hold in common. Certainty of purpose, certainty of existence, certainty of meaning.

The Wolf is an aberration, a wrongness, a mistake. It knows in its bones that it should not be, and yet it is. It is an Hour eternally preserving and perpetuating the circumstances and values that brought it into being, as all Hours must, according to their nature.

The Wolf is the hour of loathing, the hour of fear-the-possibility, the hour of regret, the hour of the Iconoclast and the Suicide. The Wolf desires, more than anything else, to end, for it hates existing as much as existence hates it. But the Wolf cannot end, any more than any other Hour may end so long as its virtue and Lore persist in the world. So for the Wolf to end the world must first end, thus the Wolf hates the world for forcing the pain of existence on it, thus the Wolf ever seeks the ruin of the world.

And yet, AND YET, Hours have ended before, even though the world persists. Hours have been slain, though not by their own efforts (for what principle of the world would pursue cessation?) Hours have been supplanted. By the natural laws of the Mansus, an Hour may be mantled by one who overwhelms their principle, as the Grail drank the Tide, as the Forge shattered the Flint, as the Moth consumed the Wheel.

Maybe, just maybe, the Wolf might be ended by a greater Wolf, the agony of existence yoked to one whose agony is deeper yet.

THE WOLF IS THE WOUND IS THE PRISON IS THE WORLD IS THE PRISON IS THE WOUND IS THE WOLF.

Edit: That was far more of a pain in the arse than it needed to be to make look right. Frak doing fancy coloring tricks on a mobile phone.

Last edited:
This Quest has some heavy power over me since it made me want to rewatch the whole show(I'm limiting myself to the plot relevant episodes).

While watching "The Crystal Empire" I noticed a few things that are gonna/might bite us:
- Spike is dead so he can't save the Crystal Empire.
- Twilight is... unwell, so Celestia giving her the test in the first place might not happen or it could make her lose some ground in the battle against Daybreaker by the dread of seeing her student in that state.
- No test also means lessened chances of Alicorn Twilight(lower than they already are, I mean).
- Cadance will be too busy protecting the Empire from Sombra by keeping the barrier up so she won't look for the Crystal Heart herself, if we don't fix Shining's horn canon will repeat itself with her being super weak after a short while.
- If Celestia doesn't choose Twilight(or she doesn't recover) that might be our responsibility. The Bureau was made to deal with threats to Equestria and Celestia's small speech about what happens when the Crystal Empire is filled with darkness will not be good for anypony there(and since we already helped with the Wedding, doing the next step in Harmony's plan can only help).
- Sombra's secret passage needing dark magic that we don't know how to do and Celestia definitely can't do in her current state.
- Finding the passage in the first place, SH or Baldomare might help with that.
- Preparing the Crystal Faire since without it the Crystal Heart won't work.
- Season 3 is the shortest(13 episodes instead of the regular 26) so season 4 arrives earlier than the others. While that is not exactly bad the first episode of season 4 has Celestia and Luna being taken by Discord's Plunderseeds and being held prisoner by them, at least we will find the Tree of Harmony if that happens.

I think that is all, there might be more things to worry about but I have no idea what.

- Season 3 is the shortest(13 episodes instead of the regular 26) so season 4 arrives earlier than the others. While that is not exactly bad the first episode of season 4 has Celestia and Luna being taken by Discord's Plunderseeds and being held prisoner by them, at least we will find the Tree of Harmony if that happens.
My knowledge of the show is mostly just from cultural osmosis, but this might be a problem we've butterflied away - I think we're about to start hunting Discord. 🔪

My knowledge of the show is mostly just from cultural osmosis, but this might be a problem we've butterflied away - I think we're about to start hunting Discord. 🔪
The Plunderseeds were a trap set by Discord a thousand years ago, the only reason why they did not work was because the Tree of Harmony had enough magic to keep them contained but we are reaching the time when the Tree will lose all of its power and need the Elements to recharge.

So even if we kill Discord they will remain, just waiting for the time to strike unless we manage to take the Elements to the Tree first but that will also lock them to the Tree so we should take care of other things before that(Daybreaker and our Stains) if they can be used again. *looks at Twilight"

Alternatively
We slash and burn the Everfree!
They can't plunder magic if they are naught but ash upon the wind!

What the hell happened to Zecora anyway? With three Sons running around is she even okay?

Now I want Confidante Zecora, she would bring a lot of new stuff to the table and since she is not a pony we could see how the lores interact with her.
Eh, you could argue zebras are just a different tribe derived from earth ponies.

They even have sort of cutie marks I think.

Zebras were said in very clear words to not be ponies. That is why Ponyville was terrified of Zecora when we are introduced to her, she is a creature that looks like a pony, lives in the Everfree Forest and walks around in a cloak with glowing eyes, that is more than enough reason for them to be scared of her(remember that ponies are very dramatic). The rhyming also didn't help her case. :V

I'm gonna offer an Occam's Razor.

Do you want to write someone who speaks in exclusively in rhyme scheme who provides at best tangential information to what is already known?

Not the least, she lives in the Everfree. So I would bet when Comet did Comet things out there, she probably bailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back