• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

"There shall be an unscheduled change in Doctrine! We are doing Harmony now, that means no murder, no dubious use of Grail influence, and as few atrocities as possible. Please see Baldomare for any practical concerns, my daughter for any moral concerns, myself for organizational concerns, and Biedde for complaints."

"There shall be an unscheduled change in Doctrine! We are doing Harmony now, that means no murder, no dubious use of Grail influence, and as few atrocities as possible. Please see Baldomare for any practical concerns, my daughter for any moral concerns, myself for organizational concerns, and Biedde for complaints."
Mareinette if you're depressed/apathic, and...

...ok, I got nothing for Axe

Oh, sweet. Does that mean everypony gave up on Glory? :V

the cost to bring them all? if the expedition is 5 days a 5 bits per, 150 bits required to start and likely only 90 spent.

doesn't it sound tempting?!
If you write the plan I will vote for it.

I have moral objection to Killing Copper. But my problems with the plans around her has been them being half Ass'd.

This is full ass'd.

Hmm. I mean, if it's a short expedition, then from my understanding the Names would still have their actions for other things as well. Well, unless they're the Leader, but if Velvet's going we might as well make her the leader. Which means we could, for example, have them still stack Influences on Velvet or do stuff like crafting Keys for DoA.

So, a theoretical plan of action next turn would be one AP spent on Forge's redemption, one AP on the attack, stack Edge/SH/Heart Influences, then spend the other actions doing stuff like Outsider search or Sacraments. Or Fleeting Opportunities I guess.

While I don't like counting eggs before they hatch, there are a few soft "We should really do these" things for next turn.
But, right now the only one I can more or less think about as a Needs Be Done is for Rarity to work on her career, and to search for the Outsider.

Past that, I think we are still all up in the air.

Hmm. I mean, if it's a short expedition, then from my understanding the Names would still have their actions for other things as well. Well, unless they're the Leader, but if Velvet's going we might as well make her the leader. Which means we could, for example, have them still stack Influences on Velvet or do stuff like crafting Keys for DoA.

So, a theoretical plan of action next turn would be one AP spent on Forge's redemption, one AP on the attack, stack Edge/SH/Heart Influences, then spend the other actions doing stuff like Outsider search or Sacraments. Or Fleeting Opportunities I guess.

Honestly I'd be up for that just to see the result of Velvet acting under the Lore-melamu of three or four different maximal influences, even our Names are going to be unnerved if we pull something like that.

Also, guys, remember that we're likely to need quite a lot of bits for the Frangiclave expedition and possibly also to acquire Baldomare's Lv. 6 book. We may very well not have 100 bits to spare, especially when taking scouting the expedition and doing FR into account.

While I don't like counting eggs before they hatch, there are a few soft "We should really do these" things for next turn.
But, right now the only one I can more or less think about as a Needs Be Done is for Rarity to work on her career, and to search for the Outsider.

Past that, I think we are still all up in the air.
Eh, not even those.

Outsider CAN be delayed, and Rarity could PROBABLY afford to not work on her career for another turn, even do a commission again maybe (she needs 1 success every 3 months minimum)

Of similar priorities to the above is, in my opinion, Cadance followups, Rarity training, book/frangiclave acquisition, and SH/Edge/Knock Sacrament.

But I think basically ALL of them are "do them in the next 3 turns" rather than "do them ABSOLUTELY next turn"

Also, guys, remember that we're likely to need quite a lot of bits for the Frangiclave expedition and possibly also to acquire Baldomare's Lv. 6 book. We may very well not have 100 bits to spare, especially when taking scouting the expedition and doing FR into account.
That's true. Summoning Mares would also be nice, but not essential.

The way I see it, a giga assault is a viable option in the next 2 or 3 turns though. Maybe we scry next turn and attack the one after that, who knows.

So uhh, this is BoH lore but the reason for the Crime has been confirmed; it's to stop the reproduction of immortals and was most likely put into place by the Gods-from-Stone just before the Lithomachy kicked off.
I think it's technically possible now to put together a fairly comprehensive picture of what's up w/ the alukites now. Can't do it right now, cause busy, but maybe I'll see if I can collect everything together once I get home.

I think it's technically possible now to put together a fairly comprehensive picture of what's up w/ the alukites now. Can't do it right now, cause busy, but maybe I'll see if I can collect everything together once I get home.
Please do, I've been busy irl and haven't touched House of Light at all so the most I'm getting is from other people who're also busy.

Please do, I've been busy irl and haven't touched House of Light at all so the most I'm getting is from other people who're also busy.
It won't be entirely comprehensive unfortunately, due to both a) I'm still working through HoL content and b) the Rowenarium site mostly isn't updated for HoL stuff. But there's still some interesting tidbits to be put together.

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 110 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 3301-3591]
##### NetTally 5.0.6

Task: BIEDDE
— Voters: 32

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.
No. of Votes: 18
[X] DelightedOne
[X] angelsadvocate666
[X] AuthorTransient
[X] Greymere
[X] HellFire666
[X] jelloloaf
[X] LieutenantSpirit
[X] Nevermort
[X] Potdl
[X] Quaxotia
[X] Rafuki22
[X] Solace2117
[X] spiderhellian
[X] Turamarth
[X] Venerable Ro
[X] Void_510
[X] Waela
[X] Zxzx24

[X][BIEDDE] Send somepony to locate, or spy on, this opponent (Copper Secateur)
No. of Votes: 15
[X] Quaxotia
[X] angelsadvocate666
[X] Anjaxis
[X] Bakkasama
[X] Darkday
[X] Demilich
[X] des-pair-2
[X] Earth-Destroyer
[X] Greymere
[X] Iustus Vitea
[X] LieutenantSpirit
[X] Lorrie
[X] Spacemurica
[X] Starlit Horizon
[X] Talon Tiger Dino

[X][BIEDDE] There is something in Canterlot that you simply must find. Look for it.
No. of Votes: 2
[X] Alan975
[X] Bakkasama

[X][BIEDDE] Ask for a lesson on Edge.
No. of Votes: 1
[X] Limabot

[X][BIEDDE] Attack a Foe (Copper Secateur)
[X] Quaxotia

[X][BIEDDE] Equestria is full of undiscovered places. You must learn their secrets…
--[X] Search for a place that is old in its History. Where the influence of the Mansus is but an echo, but that can still be heard in the wind. (Search for an intermediary expedition)
[X] Talon Tiger Dino

[X][BIEDDE] Go get bits (no restrictions on methods)
[X] Shaper47

Total No. of Voters: 32

I've actually not voted yet :V

I think I want edge, but I find the spying in preparation for a massive attack tempting too.

Though... If we don't spy now, maybe we could send Mareinette to do it next turn?

...then again, we in theory need heart 4 soon as to allow us to do family training...

Though... If we don't spy now, maybe we could send Mareinette to do it next turn?

...then again, we in theory need heart 4 soon as to allow us to do family training...
Def. agree on sending someone to spy next turn, since it doesn't look like it'll win out right now. Hilariously, we actually have several people who could feasibly do it, depending on what the follower action spread ends up looking like.

Def. agree on sending someone to spy next turn, since it doesn't look like it'll win out right now. Hilariously, we actually have several people who could feasibly do it, depending on what the follower action spread ends up looking like.
Spying is not attacking, hit copper with the force of 2-3 names and be done with her.

I've actually not voted yet :V

I think I want edge, but I find the spying in preparation for a massive attack tempting too.

Well let me convince you. Comet distrusts us primarily because he thinks we're untrustworthy and disloyal, both impressions we fedfrom our Mothy nature and the fact that we admittedly did walk on the cult. Edge, taken beyond the very literal application, does a lot more than just make us fight good, as Biedde has so dramatically demonstrated. We, that is Velvet, use it very often in a casual sense to Cut through confusion and make ourselves heard.

I think a powerful Edge influence will help us communicate clearly and Precisely with Comet without the usual chaotic obfuscation confusing the issue or our motivations. This is, after all, a discussion about how we do not approve of the Master's stunt and Comet's place in it, (if you go back and look ignoring the Fleeting Opportunity would be read as tacit approval/acceptance) ultimately I think this would be reassuring for him in a way. We will communicate, firmly and unambiguously, that these are our ponies and we will not suffer harm to them.

Comet will understand that position, Comet breathes that position, that will be one of the most sensible things we've ever said to him.

After months of not knowing what the buck Velvet is doing Comet will be rid of all uncertainty, and he'll know we're not an enemy or a threat to him or Fluttershy so long as he is not a threat to us or ours. Even if he still hates us that's fine, Edge is all about rivalry and contest, but he'll know where our territory and limits are, he'll know what logic we're running on.

Furthermore we're also embarking on a potentially dangerous Mansus exploration, and in that situation self-defense is to be prioritized methinks since we know there's monsters in the depths of the cathedral.

And on a parting note we haven't actually seen the results from our enquiry with Uncle Steppes, if he visits to check on us having the same sort of influence as Biedde could potentially be very funny.

thing is, we don't know what kind of rolls that involves... but I feel like it could be reasonably be done in multiple ways?

Biedde would likely intimidate people to talk, or follow them in stealth.

Mareinette would just politely inquire, maybe pretending to be interested in joining.

Baldomare would just be at the right place at the right time and LEARN stuff.

Axe...
ok, Axe is not THAT suited for it actually.

Comet distrusts us primarily because he thinks we're untrustworthy and disloyal, both impressions we fedfrom our Mothy nature and the fact that we admittedly did walk on the cult.
If he mentions that we can just throw it back at him since he is also a betrayer that left the Cult and unlike Velvet he was loyal to the Master. Curiously both Velvet and Comet's road to betrayal has love involved, Fluttershy for Comet and Selene and Cadance(that one is way too literal) for Velvet.

To be honest, I still half expect there to be a round of combat against Comet Feet, whether we get an Influence or not. He's not suuuuper patient when it comes to Velvet, so depending on how she says "by the way, I totes killed the Master" he might just react on instinct.
That was a Regrettable Action so the chances she will even mention that are slim unless the Influence goes so heavy she forgets the Regret, but yeah there could be some combat involved. The way Velvet confronts him will be up to us, I think, so we need to wait to see what we can actually say.

It would be cool if we really could start fighting and then just spare him to show that "we don't want you dead, we are just very angry and that is our way of telling you to never do anything like that again".

Last edited:
As a reminder, we're in no way obligated to do a scouting pass before we attack… we can just send the names to raid and they'll spend the first day or two identifying the target.
Our track record with fire and forget moves is terrible, I'd really rather us go personally with the Names or scout the shit out of the situation before sending in only Names.
I will fucking laugh if after all of this waxing poetic about the Comet confrontation and how useful Edge is in communicating it turns out all we're doing is throwing hands and befriending Nanoha style.

Also, imo the Steppes thing is most likely be a FO next turn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back