• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

That was a Regrettable Action so the chances she will even mention that are slim unless the Influence goes so heavy she forgets the Regret, but yeah there could be some combat involved. The way Velvet confronts him will be up to us, I think, so we need to wait to see what we can actually say.
Well obviously she won't say she used the Wolf or anything, and I suppose she could just leave it at "The Master's dead", but unless Comet thinks we just happened to be witness to his demise, it's pretty obvious who did it. Not mentioning the Master's death at all would be weird.
I will fucking laugh if after all of this waxing poetic about the Comet confrontation and how useful Edge is in communicating it turns out all we're doing is throwing hands and befriending Nanoha style.
You can only truly know a pony through how they fight, or something. :V

I will fucking laugh if after all of this waxing poetic about the Comet confrontation and how useful Edge is in communicating it turns out all we're doing is throwing hands and befriending Nanoha style.

If it's true it's true. Friendship is a mysterious thing. I am in no way suggesting that all this will be accomplished without somepony getting punched in the face.

Last edited:
You can only truly know a pony through how they fight, or something. :V
it's a shounen tradition!

[X] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.

I'll just vote for what I want to read.

Namely, Velvet going up to Comet, proving her ability to kill him, then sparing him to show that no, she does not PLAN to kill him... unless he makes her.

...and then Fluttershy comes home and Comet can suffer the whiplash of seeing MurderEdge Velvet embarrassingly suffering his girl's scolding :V

Admittedly I sorta wish we could be something other than a Dyad partner or Edge rival to Comet. That there could be an emotion in the relationship on his end other than that oh so comfortable hate.

But maybe that's asking too much.

Well hate comes naturally from fear, and fear comes from uncertainty. I'm very hopeful that this FO will at the very least resolve the uncertainty part of the equation so he can stop being unreasonably worried about us.

Basically, remember all the paranoia we had fermenting in regards to The Master and what they were doing or what they were planning? That's currently Comet's experience with us, if we can manage to resolve that impression we should be on better ground. Communication basically, we need to actually communicate with people we're trying to get along with.

There are degrees and shades to Hate especially Edge Hate. Our relationship with Comet can be complex, more than us only hating each other and yet still be dominated by it.
Communication basically, we need to actually communicate with people we're trying to get along with.
If only you guys made the attempt with the Master. That would've been cool to read (among other things).

Well hate comes naturally from fear, and fear comes from uncertainty. I'm very hopeful that this FO will at the very least resolve the uncertainty part of the equation so he can stop being unreasonably worried about us.

Yeah, let's clarify things so he can be REASONABLY worried about us instead!

Yeah, let's clarify things so he can be REASONABLY worried about us instead!

To be fair anyone who really understands us should be worried, we're undoubtedly the reason Baldomare drinks so much given her perspective on how none of this should have worked as well as it did.

…isn't Baldo an unapologetic alcoholic? Like even before meeting us she threw back wine bottles like nobodies business, I think it's repeatedly remarked upon by the bothering Baldo and the Stormchaser+Comet convo chapters.

…isn't Baldo an unapologetic alcoholic? Like even before meeting us she threw back wine bottles like nobodies business, I think it's repeatedly remarked upon by the bothering Baldo and the Stormchaser+Comet convo chapters.
Sure, but we made her even more of one with the revelation of how to open the Tricuspid lock :V

I just had a wild idea. With Luna's knock realization and her knowledge of the lores, is it possible for her to start the ascent to Glory? She won't have to spill pony blood for it seeing as we so graciously destroyed the Tribal Door. If we aren't able to track down another Outsider, she's the best shot for having [Blood of the Outsider], assuming that the trait doesn't metaphysically demand spilling that blood.

The major risk I see is that if any of the Names catch wind of the fact that a ticket to the Tricuspid gate has come to town they may stop at nothing to get her. Even Baldomare may not resist like last time if the key is dangled so closely. So I see it as a hail mary in case all our other plans come undone and we desperately need someone with the best chance of being friendly to our goals to ascend. Would it be like helping someone who's already a Long to ascend?

I just had a wild idea. With Luna's knock realization and her knowledge of the lores, is it possible for her to start the ascent to Glory? She won't have to spill pony blood for it seeing as we so graciously destroyed the Tribal Door. If we aren't able to track down another Outsider, she's the best shot for having [Blood of the Outsider], assuming that the trait doesn't metaphysically demand spilling that blood.

The major risk I see is that if any of the Names catch wind of the fact that a ticket to the Tricuspid gate has come to town they may stop at nothing to get her. Even Baldomare may not resist like last time if the key is dangled so closely. So I see it as a hail mary in case all our other plans come undone and we desperately need someone with the best chance of being friendly to our goals to ascend. Would it be like helping someone who's already a Long to ascend?
Glory requires passing through the Blank Plains.
Wanting Glory more than peace, or rest, or power, or safety or family.
I would not want Selene asked to reach for that.

Velvet was shaken, badly shaken by passing through the Blank Door.
Because of that, she did not offer, or let Jade pass through that door.
Selene, who has only just found how much... family, how much love, how much life and wonder there is to have, and how worth protecting it is...
Having her experience that blithe loss?
I would not wish that upon her. Glory is not her calling.

This was also mentioned in the last thread and Ourladyofwires said that anyone else including Luna reaching Glory is a loss. I wouldn't be surprised if an Alicorn, even Selene reaching Glory first has unexpected consequences considering how little we know about what happened in the first place. Of the non-Alicorns I trust Velvet more then any who may be able to make it and we probably won't like how they affect the world.
That's all narrative justification though. In the end Velvet wants to reach Glory. That desire is why she climbs, why she seeks to break the door, and why she wants to be first. While there are other potential endings to avoid the Worns consuming everything and that's important, you don't climb if you don't want to reach the top.

The Bird has already answered this question, and while I can't find his exact response, I will try to convey what he said.

Is Luna reaching Glory bad? Probably not, but this is where the mechanics are enforced. Velvet must reach Glory (or another victory condition) first, or else it's game over. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:
It's like with Dousing the Lights and the Wolf-Divided ending: Using the Wolf is not the only way to douse the lights. It's just the only way to douse the lights that isn't a loss for Velvet.
If the Master had managed to cull nine-tenths of the population and to destroy the concept of a Cutie Mark, the lights would be doused, no Wolf needed.

Because of that, she did not offer, or let Jade pass through that door.
She asked Jade not to pass through the Blank Door because she was afraid Jade might never come back. Even after our efforts Jade is in a fragile state mentally speaking and the peace that the White Plains offer is the kind of thing Jade can't resist. Plus Jade doesn't want the Glory, none of the advisors do other then Velvet and Copper and even her we're guessing.

Yes I'm aware Windy passed the through the Branding Door but you don't need to want Glory to get that far, you need only want something that lies beyond the peace of the Plains, the Wolf is above and so above Windy goes.

Last edited:
[X] [BIEDDE] Ask for an Influence of Edge.

I agree that I am voting as well because I want to read this. The jop and Comet are the highest priority for me for reaction.

Soooooooo @Greymere you know how we talked about Alukites and them being killed is possible by mundane, for a given meaning of the word, methods and proof was the Exile killing Hokobald? Well what about the Hokobald in BoH?

Soooooooo @Greymere you know how we talked about Alukites and them being killed is possible by mundane, for a given meaning of the word, methods and proof was the Exile killing Hokobald? Well what about the Hokobald in BoH?
Iirc there were some hints that BoH is in a different History than CS? But also there's the nature of a game having multiple endings. The Exile endings are pretty much mutually exclusive from each other after all.

She asked Jade not to pass through the Blank Door because she was afraid Jade might never come back. Even after our efforts Jade is in a fragile state mentally speaking and the peace that the White Plains offer is the kind of thing Jade can't resist. Plus Jade doesn't want the Glory, none of the advisors do other then Velvet and Copper and even her we're guessing.

Yes I'm aware Windy passed the through the Branding Door but you don't need to want Glory to get that far, you need only want something that lies beyond the peace of the Plains, the Wolf is above and so above Windy goes.
I didn't consider windy passing through a desire for the WOLF instead of Glory.

But keep in mind Comet passed too.

You don't need to want the Glory more than everything else.

You just need to want it, as it would be the only desire the Blank Door doesn't take from you

You just need to want it, as it would be the only desire the Blank Door doesn't take from you
A desire to meet the Wolf might be able to drive it, too. The reason that the desire for Glory can't be taken by the Blank Door is because it's the only desire than isn't anchored nor can be attained in the Wake. So if there was something else in the Mansus that you wanted, that didn't exist in the wake, that was not born from nor could be gained in the Wake... that might let you navigate the Plains as well.

Iirc there were some hints that BoH is in a different History than CS? But also there's the nature of a game having multiple endings. The Exile endings are pretty much mutually exclusive from each other after all.
Isn't Hush House the same in every location? What I mean is that there is only one Hush House and it exists in all Histories simultaneously. And ascended beings become…consolidated for the lack of a better word, as in there aren't multiple Julians running around.

The exclusive/multiple endings thing is probably it.
I didn't consider windy passing through a desire for the WOLF instead of Glory.

But keep in mind Comet passed too.

A desire to meet the Wolf might be able to drive it, too. The reason that the desire for Glory can't be taken by the Blank Door is because it's the only desire than isn't anchored nor can be attained in the Wake. So if there was something else in the Mansus that you wanted, that didn't exist in the wake, that was not born from nor could be gained in the Wake... that might let you navigate the Plains as well.
I don't think it needs to be something that restrictive, you just need to want something badly enough that you can move purposefully within the White Plains. After all each of the ascensions start with a temptation for something, be that power, knowledge or whatever. The temptation is enough to pass, you don't need a dedication or anything higher. Plus there is the fact Velvet can navigate within the Plains by wanting something there. Also, Christopher mentions that desire is all that you really need to climb further (dude has reached the Chmaber of Ways, he knows what he is talking about).

In other news I just read the Sunset Diaries and the implications there sure are…something. Also, I'm sadge that the theory that Baldomare is the Twice-Born Librarian is invalidated because of it.

Last edited:
Isn't Hush House the same in every location? What I mean is that there is only one Hush House and it exists in all Histories simultaneously. And ascended beings become…consolidated for the lack of a better word, as in there aren't multiple Julians running around.
You might be thinking of the city Kerisham. Unless some BoH Lore reveals that Kerisham is Brancrug?

No they're separate but Hush House is like it, one of the loading texts is the most blatant in talking about it.
Which one? Because I don't remember anything about Hush House being one of the same-in-every-history spots.

...also even if it was, that wouldn't exactly stop another History's Hokobald from visiting :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back