1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Vanargandr

Vanargandr Connoisseur.

For some reason my google chrome is showing all wikipedia pages in that shitty ass mobile format and I have to type ?useskin=wikia every godamn time to get the old pages

Anyone knows how to permanently change to ?useskin=wikia

I looked it up and apparently you need an account, got one and now the confirmation e-mail is invalid and they refuse to send another and this has not even been 10 minutes

2. Autocorruptor

Autocorruptor Corrupting Innocent Grammar

Masturbation is basically DIY sex.

3. Hatless Nuance

Hatless Nuance Versed in the lewd.

No, it literally is. "Sexual acts performed alone on oneself".

Keldin and TanaNari like this.
  4. Autocorruptor

Greetings newbie, and welcome to QQ! This is the General Chat Thead. It is meant for random chatter. If you have technical difficulties, please go to the suggestions and bugs forums for help.

In the following screenshots, I highlighted the button to insert a spoiler into your post.

When you say “stuff with all the weird symbols”, do you mean stuff like emojis and “⧂☿”? Unfortunately, aside from forum specific emojis like x3, emojis are not supported by this websites software. If you want “weird text” aside from what you can directly type into the text editory, you’ll need to write it up on another document then copy-paste it.

MorningStar7Lost likes this.
  5. MorningStar7Lost

MorningStar7Lost Making the rounds.

Thank you for replying and no I was not talking about emojis for I do not use them but now that I think about it I can probably find out on my own. So thanks for helping.

Autocorruptor likes this.
  6. Autocorruptor

You are welcome. If you have more questions, please ask me. I will be happy to help. :)

7. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

the olden times were wild, on the story of legend of five rings

8. Arc-on-Fire

Arc-on-Fire I trust you know where the happy button is?

Another bad snowstorm like the one on Christmas. I'm gonna have to spend the entire fucking day shoveling several feet of snow and making trails again it seems.

Keldin and TanaNari like this.
  9. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

I feel like saying something random about feeling good especially when I finally did a dream of putting the total war menu into both my laptop and phone so I can see shadow silhouettes of soldiers marching or dying in both Rome and medieval total war.

10. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Is there something about living Beyond the Wall that you like? Are the summers nice at least?

11. Arc-on-Fire

Arc-on-Fire I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well... I get to have a reason to own guns, go hunting and fishing, explore the wilderness, get drunk when I'm lonely (which is all the time) and listen to said drunks commit drunken violence against each other, have high-speed internet and a gaming computer with a slowly expanding steam library.

But come summer? Honestly, it's just a bug-infested, humid hell, that I have to endure for several months that have a high-risk for forest-fires. There's been several wildfires that have gotten to the outskirts of my town in the past four years alone, one reached near our gas station, the other was caused by some retard that burned garbage at the local lagoon (which is literally right next to town), That ended up having to be fought to prevent it from spreading, another wildfire started on an island across from my town which ended up consuming the entire island but thankfully didn't reach town.

And uh... two years ago there was an extreme heatwave that caused provincial-wide wildfires which filled the town in a thin smog, now that one was fucked, the heat was uncomfortable.

That and I'm not recounting my experiences with local wildlife (like how a mink ended up in my basement, how a moose wrecked my truck, how a bear ran havoc in my porch because of some rotting trash... and probably some more I'm forgetting to mention.) And that's also not including the three house-fires that happened as well.

Did forget to mention that I live in an arctic peatbog that has polar bears?

12. rx915

rx915 Experienced.

Today I've just stumbled upon a new world I wasn't aware of because I never searched for it. Metal in other countries with their own takes. I only wish I could've shown it to the guy who didn't react well to babymetal that there's other things to enjoy if cute looking girls singing metal songs isn't there thing because there are a lot.

13. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

I just had some really darn good pierogi

Stormwalker likes this.
  14. Autocorruptor

I started randomly singing "never gonna give you up", aka the Rickroll. My older coworker commented on it saying she was surprised I knew it.

This is a lady who doesn't have facebook. She is only on the internet to browse the news and online shopping. She clearly never encountered the meme.

15. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

See, now what you should do is start singing Anime openings and convince her you're multilingual.

16. Autocorruptor

Bold of you to assume that I can sing anime openings with any degree of competency.

Still a funny idea. I may try it out.

IvanDead, vyor and TanaNari like this.
  17. Hatless Nuance

Hatless Nuance Versed in the lewd.

Just pretend being "bad" at singing is being truer to the original language, rather than the show presentation which is "changed for a wider viewing audience".

IvanDead and TanaNari like this.
  18. Phen0m20

Phen0m20 Not too sore, are you?

I was in a car accident last year and recently discovered my dad had an Instagram account. I reached out to him about it to tell him I nearly died and here's the result:

[​IMG]

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Lots of mixed emotions. He's basically saying 'you're dead to me anyway' here. Idk if this was the right place to share it, but I felt like I had to.

19. MadGreenSon

So... recently I've started drinking specifically to make sure I can go to sleep in time to get enough rest before work. I've noticed that this also helps alleviate my chronic anxiety and strangely, the depression too somewhat.

I think this is how MadGreenSon becomes an alcoholic. I'd honestly given up drinking for a few years, but the utter lack of anxiety while I've got a solid buzz on is at least as fucking addictive as Xanax was. Especially because I'm a pretty cheap drunk. I mean, I'm three beers in and feeling no physical or emotional pain and honestly? It. Is. Wonderful.

All I really want is not not feel afraid all the time. Which is more or less what chronic anxiety feels like.

20. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

Exercise can also help with that.

However, be warned: it involves doing exercise.

Alcohol is a lot more convenient.

21. MadGreenSon

Yeah, but I have the lungs of a man twice my age.

I'm 47.

22. evildice

Exercise might help you hold that number where it is.

I say this as a man who has not moved more than 20 feet form his couch all weekend.

23. Guardian Box

You know what they say, a liter of moonshine a day keeps the demons away.

24. MadGreenSon

A liter of moonshine a day would put my lightweight ass in a coma. :p

25. Guardian Box

Start small. You will become a proper alcoholic in time.

26. Autocorruptor

I understand why you drink, since it is one the best ways you have of calm down, but I heavily suggest against it. Alcohol can be very addictive.

Perhaps consider listening to music and/or ambient noise before bed? That helps me sleep sometimes.

Also, try not to make it too much of a habit. Maybe go a week or two without it now and then so you don’t build too much of an alcohol tolerance.

Whatever you do, I hope you get a good nights sleep and wake up well rested each morning.

27. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

I have brewed mead for twenty years ... actually probably longer now... and well far be it to say drink your own stash but a nightcap helps me at times as well.

Prince Charon likes this.
  28. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

So part of my job is building a fire and keeping it going for the guests, but a big group showed up and they are keeping the fire tended and adding logs themselves. Well, less work for me.

Prince Charon likes this.
  29. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Alcohol is a depressant that lowers brain activity. It is, in fact, a decent sleep aid... if you ignore the addiction risks and other issues.

30. evildice

When I stay hydrated enough, I sober up pretty quickly, and when I sober up I also become much more awake for a while.

So for me it's a matter of timing -- a drink at the "wrong" time can result in being less sleepy when it matters.