1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General chat thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Nanimani, Dec 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Happens with me as well, it's the brain compensating for things.

Prince Charon and evildice like this.
  2. Amazon Climber

Amazon Climber Wholesomely Depraved

[​IMG]
    Happy Piccolo Day!

3. Hatless Nuance

Hatless Nuance Versed in the lewd.

I'll be sure to have an orange in his name. And maybe listen to some flute music.

Amazon Climber likes this.
  4. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

TFW you're a 90's kid watching DBZ and you don't learn that a piccolo is an actual musical instrument until years later.

5. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

... I have to ask where did you go to school cause we were taught that in like first grade music ed

I need to know if this is some weird thing catholic schools taught or if its a failure of the american education system or what

6. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

A public school in a rural part of Atlantic Canada

IvanDead and Imperator Pax like this.
  7. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I don't personally think a comprehensive knowledge of the names of all the wind instruments is needed to consider your education of good quality.

But, no, American schools (regardless of which country on the continents) don't tend to give us comprehensive educations on musical instruments. Unless taking a music course, which is elective, not mandatory.

8. LeonLex

LeonLex Hoe don't do it, Oh my gawd.

Music ed was for kids' songs and screeching, we barely learnt anything about any musical instrument that wasn't well known.

FTR2017, IvanDead and TanaNari like this.
  9. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

Ah so weird catholic thing.

we had like eight fucking years of mandatory music classes until high school lol

FTR2017 and TanaNari like this.
  10. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

I'm glad I didn't.

I'd be miserable.

Not because I dislike music- but because music is the one thing I have in life where I can truly relax. Where my brain can more or less drift off and let me enjoy.

Meanwhile, much as I love writing... the better I get as a writer, the less I can enjoy the pure experience of reading. I always have the 'critical thinking' mode on. Writers of less skill than myself, I pick apart in my head. Writers of greater skill... I find myself studying their words for stuff I can steal for myself.

And I know I'd do the same thing to music, if I knew the first fucking thing about music theory.

So I very much embrace the fine art of ignorance on the topic and actively avoid any change to that ignorance.

FTR2017, wasprider, IvanDead and 3 others like this.
  11. Hatless Nuance

You have demonstrated the first thing about "music theory", though. Compared to many people I have seen, anyway.

You know it exists, and spelled it correctly.

FTR2017 likes this.
  12. John_Oakman

John_Oakman Come touch my hentai machine

13. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Wow. That's a helluva thing. Like when I found out my cousin had become a purveyor of police brutality.

Also, he stabbed two guys a combined total of 17 times. Not even two guys he snuck up on, but two guys aware he was there and arguing with him. That's sure a fast and violent response to an argument.

Last edited: May 12, 2023
    FTR2017, Rakdos92 and TanaNari like this.
  14. Amazon Climber

Clearly, you should have picked more obscure music-themed Japanese media to get into.
    [​IMG]

15. MadGreenSon

Named after food? Very common.
    [​IMG]

Here's a tasty way to prepare them

16. Amazon Climber

A faggot isn’t something you eat, it’s something you put in your mouth and blow.

17. MadGreenSon

That's provably incorrect. I provided citations. The British eat faggots all the time. It's such a common food that frozen faggots are available at the grocery.

18. Autocorruptor

Autocorruptor Corrupting Innocent Grammar

I have had ublock origin for a while and I liked it, but I decided to branch out to some other adblocking software. I also added noscript and ghostery to my repetoire.

Noscript technically isn't an adblocker: it blocks all javascripts from performing on a website and you have to manually fiddle with it to make websites work properly. It is fairly intuitive, and not as bad as I feared. I think I will keep it to prevent potentially malicious javascripts from messing with my computer. As an adblocker, noscript is somewhat lacking since you have to fiddle around with it to block scripts playing ads, and sometimes it leaves a big ugly gap where an ad should be.

Ghostery is fairly comparable in performance to ublock, and since ghostery gives you analytics about what trackers it blocks. Also, unlike origin, ghostery has the ability to temporarily turn it off and set a timer to turn it back on. As such, ghostery is more feature rich than ublock origin. However, ublock origin has the element zapper, and ghostery does not, so I will stick with ublock origin for now.

19. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

>faggots in gravy and beer

that sounds like the perfect meal

20. MadGreenSon

The key thing to remember if you get Mr. Brain's Pork Faggots in West County Sauce; do not microwave them. Do. Not.

It takes longer to make them in the oven, but they are 1000% better if you do.

Also, be civilized and have some mash and peas with them.

21. Guardian Box

It's Friday and I'm after a really tiring week of work.

If I had some on me now, into the microwave they would go, and I'd gobble them up all the same. Probably add some salt, and a few slices of bread on the side if I'm feeling fancy.

I understand they wouldn't taste even a quarter as great if I put them into the oven, but, one, operating an oven is expensive and two, I don't need taste, I crave sustenance.

Prince Charon likes this.
  22. MadGreenSon

Shit man, then just have some frozen burritos with some hot sauce and melted cheese. Even if I get elaborate and add some chili and sour cream the whole thing only take ten minutes to fix and is very filling.

23. Guardian Box

Burritos aren't really popular around these parts. Mostly I just cook a giant pan of diced cheap pork, do a meat sauce from it with some onions and spices, and then dump like half a kilo of noodles into it, gets me enough food to last a few days.

Still better I think than when I've spent a few weeks recently subsisting almost solely on microwaved discount bacon that's more fat than meat and some bread.

24. Stormwalker

Stormwalker Not that lewd actually.

Now I feel guilty for making pan fried pork chops with a side of noodles alfredo and steamed peas for dinner.

25. Autocorruptor

Prince Charon likes this.
  26. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

One of these must be intentional:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FTR2017, Rakdos92 and TanaNari like this.
  27. Hatless Nuance

I think the space key was used instead of the "enter" key. I sure couldn't figure this one out.

28. Autocorruptor

This was some ascii art I randomly encountered on reddit. I was on mobile at the time, and from my perspective, it looks like a large cursive “F”. When I tilt my phone, it looks like TWO “F”s. I have no idea what you are talking about.

evildice likes this.
  29. Hatless Nuance

I am viewing this on a computer, and what I saw was like the first two images in evildice's related post.

30. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Really?

*Grabs phone*

*Ugh, what masochistic fuck can read this site on their phone?*

*Spend forever scrolling*

"Huh, that is kinda neat."

*Promptly returns to not using my phone for anything but being a phone and/or low quality camera.*