• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

I am looking for a meme template. I saw it months ago and thought it was funny, but I can't find it and I don't know the name of it.

It is used to depict a realization that something is horribly wrong. It is of a man, with two pictures. In the first picture the man is relaxed, but in the second picture he looks shocked. I know for sure the pictures were from a tv show from the early 2000s.

Anyone know what I an talking about?
Perhaps something like this?
yYoz4q9.jpg

The bartender asks "Why the long face?" The man replies "I just found out my wife is sleeping with another man. I've decided I'm going to drink myself to death." The bartender looks shocked and says "I'm sorry I can't help you kill yourself." The man asks "Well what would you do in my situation?" The bartender puffs himself up a bit and says "If I found out a guy was sleeping with my wife I wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for myself, I'd kill the guy." The man jumps up from his stool and shouts "That's a great idea! Thanks!" and runs out of the bar. A couple hours goes by and the bartender is starting to get nervous when the man walks back into the bar with a smile on his face. "Did you kill the guy?" The bartender asks nervously. "Nope! I slept with your wife. Whiskey please."

The bartender asks "Why the long face?" The man replies "I just found out my wife is sleeping with another man. I've decided I'm going to drink myself to death." The bartender looks shocked and says "I'm sorry I can't help you kill yourself." The man asks "Well what would you do in my situation?" The bartender puffs himself up a bit and says "If I found out a guy was sleeping with my wife I wouldn't sit around feeling sorry for myself, I'd kill the guy." The man jumps up from his stool and shouts "That's a great idea! Thanks!" and runs out of the bar. A couple hours goes by and the bartender is starting to get nervous when the man walks back into the bar with a smile on his face. "Did you kill the guy?" The bartender asks nervously. "Nope! I slept with your wife. Whiskey please."
Nice. Reminds me of this:

So, I watch some streamers on YT when bored or eating or whatever. Today it's a new game for Jackbox (I think they got preview copies) called "Timejinx" which has you answering trivia about what year things happened or things that happened around the same time, etc.

The Final Task is always 'from the future' which just means you add '100' to it for the two I've seen so far.

And this one's from the Darkest Timeline:

"The Mississippi River is renamed 'Dawson's Creek' to celebrate the show's centennial."

EDIT:

Side-story: when I was in high school, my sister took an 'improvisational acting' class.

One night, they put on a small show for the families, with various solo and group acts with a minimum of planning.

The best act all night was the guy who wandered in, said "M'name's Jed." wandered around for almost the entire time, put his cowboy hat on a kid in the front row before taking it back, and concluded with "I'm a man of few words." and he was fucking hilarious for reasons I'm still not sure of.

But the related bit was my sister's group act and the one that followed it. I don't remember what my sister's skit was about, but I do recall they exited stage right singing 'We're Off to See the Wizard'

The next one was a group of... we called them 'preppy' back then, usually blonde, designer clothes, no time or respect for anyone who wasn't... a group of preppy girls doing what amounted to a gossip session similar to the sorts of things you'd hear about that show, possibly even using names from said show- I don't recall.

So I lean over to my mother and whisper: "The last one sang 'We're Off to See the Wizard' this one should be singing 'If I Only Had a Brain'" and she had a hell of a time not cracking up.

Last edited:
I will never understand people who have nsfw images as the wallpaper on the laptop/phone/whatever. If you go to the homescreen of your device in public, people will see it.

I will never understand people who have nsfw images as the wallpaper on the laptop/phone/whatever. If you go to the homescreen of your device in public, people will see it.
Yeah, I save the nsfw for my desktop at home. No one is ever here except me, so I can do as I please.

Which part are you having trouble understanding?

Any of the at least twelve kinks a person might have that would plausibly lead them to doing something like this intentionally?

Or human stupidity?

If the former, well, you're certainly on the right site for figuring it out.

If the latter, well, you're certainly on the right planet for figuring it out.

Yeah, I save the nsfw for my desktop at home. No one is ever here except me, so I can do as I please.
My desktop is an incredibly beautiful artistic rendition of the Kingdom of Zeal from Chrono Trigger.

I mean, my desktop, which is one of the many black and white pics of Olwen Kelly topless that are available online probably would make a fair phone background...

That's smart.
Any of the at least twelve kinks a person might have that would plausibly lead them to doing something like this intentionally?
I didn't think of that.
I am yet young and optimistic. I tend to believe that the average human is intelligent. As such, I don't consider human stupidity often.

Give it a decade or two and this may change.

I tend to believe that the average human is intelligent. As such, I don't consider human stupidity often.

Give it a decade or two and this may change.
Oh, the average human is reasonably intelligent.

Anyone familiar with population statistics will tell you that only roughly 40% of the population is 'average'.

A third of everyone will be of greater than average.

The other third? Not so much. Ranging from 'a little slow' to 'how do you function?', becoming rarer as it gets worse.

Maybe only 10% are actually fucking dumb. Right now, that amounts to about 800,000,000 people. Or, about two and a half times the total population of the United States.

Oh, the average human is reasonably intelligent.

Anyone familiar with population statistics will tell you that only roughly 40% of the population is 'average'.

A third of everyone will be of greater than average.

The other third? Not so much. Ranging from 'a little slow' to 'how do you function?', becoming rarer as it gets worse.

Maybe only 10% are actually fucking dumb. Right now, that amounts to about 800,000,000 people. Or, about two and a half times the total population of the United States.
Behold, a relevant article.

The five universal laws of human stupidity.

I think the QQ website went down a few days ago, too. Though only in the morning, and maybe only for about half an hour.

So, I just need to rant about this.

A few months ago, they put a TV in the breakroom, and since I'm on grave shift, I can pretty much have control of the remote while I eat lunch. Since I have to put my break around the other person I have to give breaks to, the time can vary- there's a channel called "Laff" that has Alf running which is funny if I get the earlier lunch, but if it's later, that channel has infomercials instead, so I put it on MeTV, which is all old-as-hell shows. On weeknights it's always a show called "Cannon" about a detective by the name of Frank Cannon.

But on Saturday night/Sunday morning, it plays the Sci-Fi shows- earlier it's usually Star Trek, I think, but later they play "Journey to the Bottom of the Sea" (I think that was it...) and then "Land of the Giants" and it's the latter that I wound up watching a bit of today.

The premise seems to be a spaceship crash on a planet exactly like ours except, you guessed it, the humans there are giants. The cast seems to be about the size of someone's finger, though it's a bit inconsistent. Lots of odd perspective shots and giant props.

And last night's episode featured a time traveler with the DUMBEST fucking plan I've ever heard of.

He planned to (and did) come back in time about 5000 years. He planned to select 100 people (a tiny number, but the results would be the same if it was 10,000 probably) out of the population- the dumbest, dullest, most submissive and biddable- and move them in secret to this giant planet, then release a virus to kill all the humans still on Earth.

Then he would put the handpicked group back and travel back to his time, letting them repopulate the earth so that when he returned he'd be the smartest, most aggressive man on the planet and rule over it with an iron fist.

I'm not sure I can count the number of ways that that's a stupid plan.

I didn't see the end of the episode, and probably would've turned it off if I hadn't just been killing time while eating.

And last night's episode featured a time traveler with the DUMBEST fucking plan I've ever heard of.

He planned to (and did) come back in time about 5000 years. He planned to select 100 people (a tiny number, but the results would be the same if it was 10,000 probably) out of the population- the dumbest, dullest, most submissive and biddable- and move them in secret to this giant planet, then release a virus to kill all the humans still on Earth.

Then he would put the handpicked group back and travel back to his time, letting them repopulate the earth so that when he returned he'd be the smartest, most aggressive man on the planet and rule over it with an iron fist.
That really is a dumb plan. About average for time travelling villains IMO.

Having a family history of paranoia is terrible. I just can't seem to ever be at peace, and neither can my relatives.

On the bright side, I'm seldom caught unprepared.

That explains a lot about you Treble.
It does not.

First of all: paranoia disorders don't come with personality traits. Now, the reverse isn't always true- some personality traits can invite the development of paranoia- but as trait sets go, you see greater diversity of behavior from the paranoid than you do almost any other neurological disorder.

Except depression. Depression is a disorder that causes everything. From apathy to micromanagement, loss of libido to nymphomania, self-isolation and wasting away to excessive partying and thrill seeking. Other than 'zen', there doesn't seem to be a personality trait that Depression eschews. Guessing how depression effects a person is like guessing how they'll act when they're drunk.

Paranoia is not quite to that extreme, but as 'probably second place' goes, it's a solid one. The only remotely common thing that can be said about it is that it tends to have the sufferers default to the least generous interpretations of events or actions. Favoring beliefs that negative events are out of maliciousness toward them, rather than ignorance, luck, or unrelated happenstance.

Sometimes even personifying such things, and attributing bad luck to what can most easily be described as an evil deity.

And even that's only common, of some types of paranoia. It is by no means universal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back