1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

General World of Darkness Discussion Thread QQ Edition

Discussion in 'General' started by Maragas, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Ragura

Ragura Versed in the lewd.

Buff, Skinless (Attack on Titan style) Nosferatu would be a good look! :)

tem345 likes this.
  2. Gedou_Meta

Gedou_Meta I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think the only reason there's not already buff Nos memes from the Str 5 Nos Luchador is because the net was too young then.

3. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

So I'm coming up with different ideas and I had a question is this possible. I'm currently very interested in Dhampyr specifically the one's born to kuei-jin. And I'm looking at making a weird group of outcasts. A meiko and some thin bloods possibly a changeling and a fomori. And one completely normal person who mighty be a failed hunter. The idea is a bunch of fucking misfit's of the supernatural world trying to figure out what the hell is going on and survive.

One thing I was wondering is thin bloods can learn different displines? would it be possible for the meiko to teach them Kuei-jin displines? Wait I think I'm mixing up thine bloods with catiff? Who are also called thine bloods Or clanless eh question doesn't change can either be taught. Through thine blood alchemy or direct training to a catiff.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    tem345, Necrorifter and Ragura like this.
  4. Ragura

Sounds awesome! The failed Hunter could be a Shih or MIA Strike Force Zero Agent (both from Demon Hunter X) so they are on the same power level as the vampires.
    Plus there is Demon Hunter X Overdrive to update it for V20 - and Analects of the Damned (fluff) and Record of the Hungry Dead (crunch) to update the Kuei-Jin.

Kuei-Jin disciplines are based on yin and yang magic - they are closer to Shih disciplines than Thaumaturgy is to Mage Magick.
    Then again, if we take into account Kyuuketsuki: The Fading Sun (very good fan supplement for western vampires gone native in Japan),
    which has yin and yang aligned vampires, and thin enough Thinbloods even being able to conceive children... it should be possible at out-of-clan costs.

Sinnerlust likes this.
  5. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Pre v5 thin bloods can learn disciplines but it is difficult and they have a lower cap than normal vampires

Saulot is implied to have met the kuei jin and stolen their secrets but it seems more likely that he figured out the mechanics and made a whole new discipline instead of directly lifting it

Ragura and Sinnerlust like this.
  6. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Thanks I'm going to look through these right now. I'm still thinking on concept's for the failed hunter so definitely going to consider your suggestions. I was thinking possibly a bystander a hunter who failed to be imbued but a Shih or a task force agent would have completely different perspective and that could be interesting with them stuck with a bunch of misfit's.

Necrorifter and Ragura like this.
  7. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

not all hunters have supernatural powers

some guys just load up on dragons breath rounds and silver buckshot. think early Supernatural

Ragura and Sinnerlust like this.
  8. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

I know I actually considered one possible antagonist to be two hunter's based on the Winchester brother's. The reason I considered a failed imbued because it's ironically hilarious. This individual was chosen rejected it but still ends up deep in the shit with a group of half monsters.

9. Konradleijon

Konradleijon Not too sore, are you?

Hi. any of you Dreaming fans? it seems that C:TD is the less liked of the Owod games.

I love the fact that it actually has colors in it.

Sydonai likes this.
  10. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I made jokes to my friends about the WOD art

Me: Okay, so, look at this image

Players: Pasty white girl

Me: And look at this one

Players: Maybe black cop guy?

Me: These are siblings

Players; What

Me: *shows descriptions and pull up images from v20 anniversary*

Players: These are supposed to be the same character?

Me: WOD Art is often not great, nor does even the same edition or book often have the same art style.

11. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

The thing I like most about Dreaming is the crazy stupid map of Concordia.

[​IMG]

There is no irony or mockery here, I genuinely love this map. I could not tell you why if you held a gun to my head, but I do.

12. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

Most of White Wolf's game lines had/have that problem.

Ragura and shadowdice like this.
  13. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Wait, it's not just shoddily edited photos?

Ragura likes this.
  14. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

it gets far worse

also

rant

Vampire the Masquerade: Swansong

The fucking gall of having that as the title when it can't animate the models to move and express themselves more than VTMB

looking at walkthroughs....the game design is terrible

and an over 300 year old Ventrue elder starts with the same level of skills the barely hundred year old malkavian and toreador tritagonists

tem345 and Ragura like this.
  15. Sydonai

Just as an example.
    Exalted; "Do not add dirigibles." TLDR they added dirigibles.
    The long and short of it seems to be that the artists White Wolf hired didn't give a damn and/or were passive aggressive.

Ragura likes this.
  16. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Probably should have had them as the last protagonist or have being that old actually Matter.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  17. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

the scenes of Toreador, the people with super speed and enhanced senses, fighting is so fucking funny due to the jank of the animations

This is what we get instead of even the half assed attempt at VTMB 2

tem345, Ragura and Sinnerlust like this.
  18. Sinnerlust

Sinnerlust The bastard

Still no word on that huh. And we'll I can at least see why the second inquisition was so successful that's uh something.

Rakdos92, shadowdice and Necrorifter like this.
  19. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

yeah

the sad fact is that I am pretty sure that so much of the fandom is starved for ANYTHING that they might just take this instead of joke about how terrible it is

News Report: chubby lesbian tries to peg her ex over jealous rage, accidentally rams herself.

also, those...damage indicators

whatever the fuck those were supposed to be

God

We live in hell

tem345, Ragura, Imabot and 2 others like this.
  20. Repentant_Dragos

Repentant_Dragos Versed in the lewd.

Has CofD/nWoD 2e suffered the same thing?

Ragura likes this.
  21. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I don't think we even have any new world of darkness video games

ediit

anyways, I don't think I've really seen much of anything about the game's launch, it was days after it did that I even learned that it had happened

paradox...whoever...is really bad at marketing/making these games

Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  22. gereh

gereh I trust you know where the happy button is?

I from time to time keep up with the WOD Newsshow so I knew it was coming, but outside of that I can't remember there being much advertising. Also I heard a lot of people seem to like it, personally felt it was to expansive for a game that looks like it has PS2 animations, so haven't try it out myself-

Some people say that why they created the "Unbound" thingy, so other people will make their games for them. Also I will say that I personally liked "Shadows of New York". It did it best with the Lore it had to work on.

tem345, Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  23. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Isn't it part of lore that Vampires cant be fat? Exempt that one clan that can eat fresh human flesh and store it insode thier bodies. Vampires quickly lose all fat tissue after Embrace making them extremely skinny. And bad at swimming when your body lose all buoyancy which might give birth to superstition that Vampires can't cross large water bodies like lakes and rivers.

If she's centries old she shouldn't be chubby.

And we probably never will.

Each splat of OWoD was meant to be a stand alone not fit for crossover play. Especially when most of the world lore can be very not compatible with each other. This setting is good for making video games that focused on story with one type of supernatural as MC

NWoD/CoD is opposite. It was designed around concept that all supernatural beings form each splat exist in same time on the same planet. Lore in these line is more ambiguous and open to interpretation to make it possible.

tem345, Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  24. Repentant_Dragos

Something I take advantage of for my fanfics.

Have you read them, btw? At least the second one?

Ragura likes this.
  25. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I don't know any lore about vampires losing fat, and one of the very first vtm sourcebooks had a guy who basically trademarked Fat bastard as his persona, but he was a Chicago gilded age robber baron who overate everything to mock people who were starving.

because world of darkness

With vampires, they can't gain fat as they draw no sustenance from food and will vomit it all out even if they use willpower, not sure about the mechanics involving blush of life because this stuff changes in every edition

my memory on lore about biology is more that the organs shrivel up as the body becomes just a vessel to contain blood. but vampire biology when you have it be an actual undead is always weird

ses, tem345 and Ragura like this.
  26. heralding_bubble

heralding_bubble Liar and Hypocrite

I think vampires get stuck with whatever body type and stuff they have when they get turned.
    If they change non-magically somehow, they turn back to "normal" while they're sleeping.
    Not sure though.

ses and Ragura like this.
  27. Ragura

OWoD Vampires keep their body type (unless they get a Tzimisce makeover) Dunno about NWoD

tem345 likes this.
  28. Sydonai

NWoD is the Same, but they can spend Willpower to keep a change to their appearance.

Ragura and Repentant_Dragos like this.
  29. Repentant_Dragos

Sounds quite good; I love how nWoD/CofD treats willpower...

30. Sydonai

On the other hand IIRC they have to spend a Willpower Dot to create a Childe or Ghoul.

Ragura likes this.