• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

Honestly though if you want the battlemaster go steal the mothballed Crockett plant from Soul. That thing has a stupidly high parts commonality with the Battlemaster at some 90%. Also has a fair few mothballed Crocketts which well....that's one way to beef up the defense forces and give some nice mechs for the cadets to play in and a source of spare parts for the assorted Crocketts in the IS most of which are mothballed since no parts to fix them along with of course new ones and maybe battlemasters

And since no one other than comstar know its there....well you a way to document a new find that isn't from thin air that also happens to rob the dracs of a future assault mech production site but it's one where you can fib about where exactly it's from save for all but the most trusted people.
After Ice world is pretty generic as far as locations go especially if the footage is carefully curated.

I mean seriously what's comstar going to do? Say they knew where it was?

Last edited:
The standard Star League era model, compared to the 7Q the 0W was fitted with a larger Strand 340 engine and boasted a higher top speed of 64 km/h, allowing it to keep up with most heavy 'Mechs. T

Huh. Personally I like the more armor variant even if it has too many heatsinks.

My personal variant that I would rock if I was Longbow pilot adds armor and a additional ton of ammo and twin large lasers at the price of cutting the LRM-5s(whose ammo is now for the 20s) and medium lasers and lowering the heatsink count to 16. This being a 7Q modification to be clear.

Last edited:
Hanse started to smirk, but Aaron Sandoval's eyes alit, "The annihilator you say?"
The Annihilator is really good on paper but in actuality not in practice. Design for an urban defense but that's it. So slow like an Urbanmech but it more expensive and can't jump. Really get around 6 for the same price as an Annihilator.

The Annihilator is really good on paper but in actuality not in practice. Design for an urban defense but that's it. So slow like an Urbanmech but it more expensive and can't jump. Really get around 6 for the same price as an Annihilator.
It is a machine with four auto cannons and otherwise famous for its use by the dragoons, this is not so much as case of being a practical expeditionary war fighter

Speaking of 85 tonners, and things the dragoons are famous for bringing back to the Sphere

there ishttps://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shogun this which they canonically tried to find a manufacturer for I might do that for this in the junkyard thread I don't know if it would be canon

Quite bold to plan the threat of a buyout of a multi-national interstellar company if they wouldn't agree to a joint venture. I don't think anyone outside of House Lords and Com* have the political and financial capital to go through with that. Hmm, I'm not sure I grok the Longsword->Centurion train of thought, is one of the people there or Corean suggesting to replace the proposed Centurion line with a Longsword one instead (Not knowing that Henry would be capable and very willing to do both) for a chance to get in at the heavy game with the shiny new thing?

Yes Alexandria, this teenager is capable of "designing" and putting together enough mechs to rival the output a small (likely even an average one) manufacturing company. Now imagine what he could do with actual tooling and infrastructure. You know, Normal noble stuff.

Eyyy, Hanse finally has the chance to get a full Clay experience, though I imagine it'll be glee and amusement to his Henryness since he and the Suns gets to play with the benefits as opposed to Yvonne who has to manage it. You know, for something they planned out, I wonder why Hanse didn't showcase the thing's jumping ability. Didn't want to risk screwing up and crashing? The Annihilator huh, outside of lostech like LB-Xs and Gauss Rifles, that thing needs an energy swap, because with L1 tech and without jets it's a waddling turret. I think he's better off reviving or waiting for the Devastator for a similar loadout.

It is a machine with four auto cannons and otherwise famous for its use by the dragoons, this is not so much as case of being a practical expeditionary war fighter
Speaking of 85 tonners, and things the dragoons are famous for bringing back to the Sphere

there ishttps://www.sarna.net/wiki/Shogun this which they canonically tried to find a manufacturer for I might do that for this in the junkyard thread I don't know if it would be canon

True, it says something about the Wolf's Dragoons that they managed to revive the Hornet with their reputation. But if he's looking to leverage a mech's connection with the Dragoon's, then yeah I think the Shogun would be a good alternative. The Imp is a better 100-tonner but it would be a harder sell to get a license due to it being Nicholas' design, and the Difficult to Maintain makes it less appealing.

Shogun needs some serious modifications to be more solid as a mech. And if nothing else it's a hangar queen since it's difficult to maintain and has non standard parts which is a horrible combination in the succession wars

Shogun needs some serious modifications to be more solid as a mech. And if nothing else it's a hangar queen since it's difficult to maintain and has non standard parts which is a horrible combination in the succession wars
Oh wow, I didn't even notice the Shogun had similar Quirks. Hmmm, a modified Crocket maybe? Same weight and 3/5/3 movement, though that Poor Life Support has to be dealt with..

and I think thats canonically why the Dragoons couldn't get anyone to agree to make it (or at least its the position I'm taking in universe)

because thats less of a problem if you're the clans, but if you are the Sphere, thats a deal breaker

Honestly I could legit see one of the reasons why it was hard to maintain in this period being the CASE since that's super rare and factor in some SLDF spec components for the rare parts. Well unless it had it that bad back in the ACW era.

Also the reason why they couldn't get anyone to make it as far as I know was that the company that held the IP was still around on Terra and wouldn't approve it since comstar/WOB wouldn't let them and unless thus unless tje dragoons had the tooling they where shit out of luck.

The IP angle isn't a problem with its 85 ton SLDF peer the Crockett since the company that owns that IP is now part of Independence Weaponry.

Last edited:
Quite bold to plan the threat of a buyout of a multi-national interstellar company if they wouldn't agree to a joint venture. I don't think anyone outside of House Lords and Com* have the political and financial capital to go through with that. Hmm, I'm not sure I grok the Longsword->Centurion train of thought, is one of the people there or Corean suggesting to replace the proposed Centurion line with a Longsword one instead (Not knowing that Henry would be capable and very willing to do both) for a chance to get in at the heavy game with the shiny new thing?

Yes Alexandria, this teenager is capable of "designing" and putting together enough mechs to rival the output a small (likely even an average one) manufacturing company. Now imagine what he could do with actual tooling and infrastructure. You know, Normal noble stuff.

Eyyy, Hanse finally has the chance to get a full Clay experience, though I imagine it'll be glee and amusement to his Henryness since he and the Suns gets to play with the benefits as opposed to Yvonne who has to manage it. You know, for something they planned out, I wonder why Hanse didn't showcase the thing's jumping ability. Didn't want to risk screwing up and crashing? The Annihilator huh, outside of lostech like LB-Xs and Gauss Rifles, that thing needs an energy swap, because with L1 tech and without jets it's a waddling turret. I think he's better off reviving or waiting for the Devastator for a similar loadout.

True, it says something about the Wolf's Dragoons that they managed to revive the Hornet with their reputation. But if he's looking to leverage a mech's connection with the Dragoon's, then yeah I think the Shogun would be a good alternative. The Imp is a better 100-tonner but it would be a harder sell to get a license due to it being Nicholas' design, and the Difficult to Maintain makes it less appealing.
Henry is banking on having the political clout in the form of both having Sandoval, and the First Prince and at this point willing to compromise with Yvonne enough to swing the political leverage to convince Corean. As for why Centurion mostly its already in production, Clay is looking at this as in many respects the M4 Sherman question in ww2 how many of these things are in production now and how can we scale up production, Archenar is basically the manufacturer of the Centurion's rival design and is historically a Heavy Mech design manufacturer from whom most of the off the shelf components of the Longsword comes from. Heavy mechs are higher prestige than medium mechs and is also as has been established something the Fed Suns aren't exactly awash in as a weight class in terms of domestic production. [in short Hanse is suggesting that approaching Archenar first before they realize this so even if the Centurion is the more logistically practical army service 'mech Archenar doesn't raise a fuss]

Hanse is a fairly cautious individual (except when he's pissed off) and wasn't about to use the jump jets on a hitherto untested machine , Ian on the other hand,

So how concerned should I be that NAIS isn't a thing yet?

Henry is banking on having the political clout in the form of both having Sandoval, and the First Prince and at this point willing to compromise with Yvonne enough to swing the political leverage to convince Corean. As for why Centurion mostly its already in production, Clay is looking at this as in many respects the M4 Sherman question in ww2 how many of these things are in production now and how can we scale up production, Archenar is basically the manufacturer of the Centurion's rival design and is historically a Heavy Mech design manufacturer from whom most of the off the shelf components of the Longsword comes from. Heavy mechs are higher prestige than medium mechs and is also as has been established something the Fed Suns aren't exactly awash in as a weight class in terms of domestic production. [in short Hanse is suggesting that approaching Archenar first before they realize this so even if the Centurion is the more logistically practical army service 'mech Archenar doesn't raise a fuss]

Hanse is a fairly cautious individual (except when he's pissed off) and wasn't about to use the jump jets on a hitherto untested machine , Ian on the other hand,

Ah, so with his priority on the Centurion (seeing as it was the reason he went to New Avalon in the first place) he was blindsided by the appeals for the Longsword to attend to first.

True, it'd be a shitshow if the First Prince or his Heir died due to a technical or piloting mishap. Maybe Henry could distract Ian by putting together another Cataphract on site, generating some parts and bashing them together. It gives Ian something less dangerous to test and demonstrating how easily available its parts are and how easy it is to construct. Huh, is that why he didn't bring any from Sakhara?

Not that much. I think we still have a few months to a year from its canon completion depending on where we are on the timeline currently.

Last edited:
The funny thing is about hte Imp, the Clans seemed to have forgotten the Imp was Nicky's design because they assumed that oh the spheroids will have these , this is a recurring point in Ghost, and crops up in Aurigan as well though in the later case the Dragoons meet the Royal Scotts Curaissiers out in the open with Nightstars with Zeta having a very bad dayas a result

Interestingly the descision in canon perhaps prompted by other factors it seems as if Hanse only made the decision to invest in the NAIS project in 3015 and over the course of the following year the wiki says late 3016 and iirc it was December of 3016

So we're roughly fully a year before the grounds were opened in canon

Imp is weird since they had early clan tech in it so they should have known better. Then again someone brought a downteched stone rhino so.....
yeah that Stone rhino was crazy. but the Imp 2E is a down teched version. 2 PPCs and an LRM 15 with a brace of 5 Medium lasers as a back up plan with 30 single heat sinks packed in does solid work. could probably tune the heat sinks and MLs better but for introtech your comparing it to an atlas or king crab.

Bringing up the Annihilator while a 2/3 move is kinda lackluster I got a soft spot for the beast. If pressed on making a similar design I would either crib notes from the PPC variant or try to mix LRMs with MLs for a bracket fighter. Otherwise maybe some Jets would help it. might not really speed it up but it can mean that you can radically change your facing so cheeky buggers can't get your rear so easy.

yeah that Stone rhino was crazy. but the Imp 2E is a down teched version. 2 PPCs and an LRM 15 with a brace of 5 Medium lasers as a back up plan with 30 single heat sinks packed in does solid work. could probably tune the heat sinks and MLs better but for introtech your comparing it to an atlas or king crab.

Bringing up the Annihilator while a 2/3 move is kinda lackluster I got a soft spot for the beast. If pressed on making a similar design I would either crib notes from the PPC variant or try to mix LRMs with MLs for a bracket fighter. Otherwise maybe some Jets would help it. might not really speed it up but it can mean that you can radically change your facing so cheeky buggers can't get your rear so easy.
the imp strangely is way over sinked assuming your bracket firing. 5 or so tons from cutting some can buy a lot more dakka and getting the armor up to 19 tons,
The imp also suffers from semi weird weapons placement.

Last edited:
the imp strangely is way over sinked assuming your bracket firing. 5 or so tons from cutting some can buy a lot more dakka and getting the armor up to 19 tons,

Yeah, even with the argument of leaving capacity for movement heat that's still 3 extra HS. I think it operates under the assumption that both of the PPCs would be used for close range as well.

The only reasons I can think of for the stumpy left arm is Nicholas intended as a DHS holder and that left the free space with 1 crit left (like in the -1B). Either that or Nicholas/the creators believed in egg/trash-can supremacy and took a bit from the Urbanmech as well.

40MM Falchion
Falchion FLN-3C
Mass:
85 tons
Chassis: Crusis-F
Power Plant: Strand 255 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jumping Distance: 90 meters from 3 HildCo Model 12 Jumpjets
Armor: Durallex Heavy
Armament:
2 Donal PPCs
4 Martell Medium Lasers
2 Harpoon-6 SRM 6s
4 Zippo Flamers

Communication System: Neil 6000
Targeting & Tracking System: Octagon Tartrac System C
Introduction Year: 3025
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 7,780,360 C-bills

Type: Falchion
Role: Juggernaut
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 1,836 (1873 with the quirks applied)

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

255 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

18(22)

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

RA actuators: shoulder, upper, lower, hand
LA actuators: shoulder, upper, lower, hand

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Heat Sink

LL

Heat Sink

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

2 Medium Laser

RT

Jump Jet

RT

SRM 6

RT

Flamer

RT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

RT

Flamer

LA

PPC

LA

Heat Sink

LT

2 Medium Laser

LT

Jump Jet

LT

SRM 6

LT

Flamer

LT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

LT

2 Heat Sink

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Flamer

RA

PPC

RA

Quirks: Combat Computer

My latest design a 85 tonner which I've posted elsewhere already and the newest in my line of mechs named after melee weapons. It would run really hot in its brackets it I didn't give it the combat computer quirk(or pulled 2 of the flamers to get the heatsinks back up to 20 vs the 18 is has if the quirk wasn't there). Its basically the kid of a 3 way between a firestarter, a warhammer, and a thug in terms of role
As always thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Last edited:
Falchion FLN-3C
Mass:
85 tons
Chassis: Crusis-F
Power Plant: Strand 255 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 32.4 kph
Maximum Speed: 54 kph
Jumping Distance: 90 meters from 3 HildCo Model 12 Jumpjets
Armor: Durallex Heavy
Armament:
2 Donal PPCs
4 Martell Medium Lasers
2 Harpoon-6 SRM 6s
4 Zippo Flamers

Communication System: Neil 6000
Targeting & Tracking System: Octagon Tartrac System C
Cost: 7,780,360 C-bills

Type: Falchion
Role: Juggernaut
Tonnage: 85
Battle Value: 1,836 (1873 with the quirks applied)

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

255 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

18(22)

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

RA actuators: shoulder, upper, lower, hand
LA actuators: shoulder, upper, lower, hand

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Heat Sink

LL

Heat Sink

CT

Jump Jet

CT

Heat Sink

RT

2 Medium Laser

RT

Jump Jet

RT

SRM 6

RT

Flamer

RT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

RT

Flamer

LA

PPC

LA

Heat Sink

LT

2 Medium Laser

LT

Jump Jet

LT

SRM 6

LT

Flamer

LT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

LT

2 Heat Sink

RL

Heat Sink

HD

Flamer

RA

PPC

RA

Quirks: Combat Computer

My latest design a 85 tonner which I've posted elsewhere already and the newest in my line of mechs named after melee weapons. It would run really hot in its brackets it I didn't give it the combat computer quirk(or pulled 2 of the flamers to get the heatsinks back up to 20 vs the 18 is has if the quirk wasn't there). Its basically the kid of a 3 way between a firestarter, a warhammer, and a thug in terms of role
As always thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Ah, good ol' reliable 2 PPCs. 4 Flamers seems excessive, but I suppose when the armor's already maxed and there's still some spare tonnage, medlas or flamers are the only choice left without adding ammo bombs or more advanced equipment like recon stuff, at least without adding jets. And Flamers+Inferno are nasty against infantry and would at least buy a turn against mechs, if not outright shutting down the heatsink-starved one. Looks good, decent at range and a nasty customer if someone tries knife-fighting.

Last edited:
no disagreement on the strange level of sinking it has. considering the competition of introtech 100 tonners though? it is solid. not great or anything but certainly serviceable. I kinda like that aspect to the intro tech mechs where they are all just kinda janky in some weird way that you gotta play around. certainly wouldn't hold up against clanner tech and what they can field without upteching it.

Yeah, even with the argument of leaving capacity for movement heat that's still 3 extra HS. I think it operates under the assumption that both of the PPCs would be used for close range as well.

The only reasons I can think of for the stumpy left arm is Nicholas intended as a DHS holder and that left the free space with 1 crit left (like in the -1B). Either that or Nicholas/the creators believed in egg/trash-can supremacy and took a bit from the Urbanmech as well.
Urbie Supreme! they already got the annihilator as what happens when you weld 4 urbies together. now they will face the legendary super urbie!

On the Falchion? It looks like a better battlemaster or a Thug that decided to drop a notch of speed for better close range and jumps. very nice.

I don't know if it's because english isn't my first language but mhhh ... I'm lost half the time on where we are, who's who and switching pov out of the blue without apparent reason. Kinda like you start a paragraph with Alex speaking about something then next paragraph it's Henry speaking about totally something else if not totally at another place.

At some point i was following an apparently training excercice for 2 paragraph then next paragraph you show them not having started it at all...kinda confusing.
Anyway is it me and my bad english understanding or it's exactly like that ?

It's hard to follow to be honest even if i like the technical behind it all.

Ah, good ol' reliable 2 PPCs. 4 Flamers seems excessive, but I suppose when the armor's already maxed and there's still some spare tonnage, medlas or flamers are the only choice left without adding ammo bombs or more advanced equipment like recon stuff, at least without adding jets. And Flamers+Inferno are nasty against infantry and would at least buy a turn against mechs, if not outright shutting down the heatsink-starved one. Looks good, decent at range and a nasty customer if someone tries knife-fighting.

I basically had the tonnage for it and given assault mechs are usually the tip of the spear in urban combat at least 1 design in the assault brackett able to at least match the damage of the Firestarter vs infantry made sense. Well that and 4 medium lasers already are about all I could add without adding too much heat to the bracket with the SRMs

I semi figure in universe the thing would be super scary to infantry since unlike the firestarter it has 16.5 tons of armor which would be really hard to break with what they have even in the world of BA and PA

Also all that anti infantry dakka will be super useful once BA is a thing albeit my then I suspect a pair of them would have been replaced by SPLs

Last edited:
I assume the Falchion is intended to be a Kallon design in-universe, with its Crucis chassis and the electronics. It would give Henry an in with the another prominent FS manufacturer.

I assume the Falchion is intended to be a Kallon design in-universe, with its Crucis chassis and the electronics. It would give Henry an in with the another prominent FS manufacturer.
Honestly hadn't really considered who made it when I did its fluff but sure we'll go with that

Last edited:
40MM Ranger
a MML upgrade of my Ranger Design
Ranger RNG-4R
Mass:
60 tons
Chassis: Dorwinion Standard 60T
Power Plant: Pitban 240 Fusion Engine
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Starshield A
Armament:
1 Parti-Kill Heavy Cannon PPC
3 Holy 3-Tube MMLs
3 ChisComp 39 Medium Lasers
1 ChisComp 32 Small Laser
1 Zippo Flamer

Manufacturer: Robinson Standard Battleworks, Achernar Battlemechs
Primary Factories: Robinson, New Avalon
Communication System: Achernar Electronics HICS-11
Targeting & Tracking System: Federated Hunter Mark III
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-X-X-D
Cost: 4,978,160 C-bills

Type: Ranger
Role: Brawler
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Standard)
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 1,306

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

240 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Heat Sink

LL

Heat Sink

CT

Medium Laser

CT

2 Medium Laser

RT

Flamer

LA

2 Heat Sink

LT

3 MML 3

LT

MML 3 SRM Ammo (33)

LT

MML 3 LRM Ammo (40)

LT

2 Heat Sink

RL

Small Laser

HD

PPC

RA

Quirks:
Easy to Maintain
Rugged (2)
This writeup also contains all the missing fluff the original writeup of the stock introtech one lacks.

On another note Achernar not being the top of the trooper medium mech game isn't the end of the world for them since over three quarters of their money comes from non military stuff.

edit: The introtech ranger
Ranger RNG-3R
Mass:
60 tons
Chassis: Standard Biped
Power Plant: 240 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 43.2 kph
Maximum Speed: 64.8 kph
Armor: Standard
Armament:
1 PPC
3 Medium Laser
2 LRM 5
1 SRM 6
1 Flamer
Communication System: Unknown
Targeting & Tracking System: Unknown
Introduction Year: 3020
Cost: 4,961,760 C-bills
Type: Ranger
Tonnage: 60
Battle Value: 1,306

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

240 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Hand Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper Arm, Lower Arm, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

Heat Sink

CT

Medium Laser

CT

2 Heat Sink

RT

Medium Laser

RT

SRM 6

RT

SRM 6 Ammo (15)

RT

Flamer

LA

Heat Sink

LT

LRM 5 Ammo (24)

LT

Medium Laser

LT

2 LRM 5

LT

Heat Sink

HD

PPC

RA

Quirks: Easy to Maintain, Rugged (2)

Last edited:
New Avalon 1.3
New Avalon 1.3
The Wolf Dragoons name drop hadn't been really thought out... he knew they were famous, but their sheer impression their name rep and fame had by the time he'd been an adult in another world had come off as the authors wanting to hype up their pet faction... but it probably was also true by that point Battletech as a fandom and IP in that other world had had so much other stuff going on, and had been competing with other things.

This, in a real world, he might have thought that was just hype.

... but no The Wolfs were a big fucking deal. They were a brand, and they had started their tenure with the Fed Suns so they were a big fucking deal here. Just the mention that that was an option attracted so much more attention from Sandoval than he had been expecting... and he was glad when Yvonne headed things off, "Lets focus one thing at a time."

"Yeah," He agreed, "Like I said these are a cost effective solution, but the centurion is already in service and you wont have to train techs on a new machine they've never heard of before." He continued quickly. Ugh, there were days he simply despised the marketing presence and cultural phenomenon that the Wolf Dragoons enjoyed... but there was nothing he could do about that. "I will be happy to talk about standard parts with Archenar and Kallon for that matter but the entire reason for the interest in Corean is that it is in service, the Centurion, and that they have recently completed a new factory here."

Was he really that differently wired than they were when it came to these thing?

He didn't want to think so... but he had to admit the prospect of having extra universal knowledge shouldn't have been that much greater logistical insight.

Henry shook his head, took a minute to snag his coffee and drink, which yielded the floor to the other Davion present. Hanse looked like was something back, his posture had shifted a bit when he had mentioned techs, but maybe that had been him commenting about the Dragoons. Ian had been the one who had hired them when they had first appeared in the Inner Sphere after all. "We will have to inform the First Prince of all of this, a new domestic Heavy BattleMech is obviously something that can't be ignored. Its in the national interest."

Henry couldn't help himself, "You know the Marauder II is a thing right, I mean I absolutely would love the rights to produce that," Arguably to the point where he might have ordinarily joked about killing over it... except someone would have probably taken that all too literally, "But leaving that aside, okay its a heavy battlemech I am open to discussions regarding the Longsword, or other projects." He took a breath, "Look Hanse, make me a list, and I will give an itemized response of what is and isn't practical and why for it is or isn't in a given time frame... but mostly that's going to boil down to if not the production of the major components then lack of trained personnel created bottlenecks in manufacturing then it is is the supply situation in the merchant marine." Another breath, " I mean think about how long it normally takes to get from point a, say Robinson, Or Sakhara in this case, to reach New Avalon, versus what that is with a dedicated full time allocation of JumpShips. This is why this is my priority. With Corean, the machine is established. The centurion is a standard enough common service design within the AFFS logistics system, and there is already a set of experienced workers who have set up one new factory recently. But if the Longsword is of the national interest they're here," Being endowed to Avalon, "For the school to take a look at."

--
"You know things would be so much easier if he were just a mech ace."

"He reminds me of Dr. Banzai. Not identical but they both have that sort of manic energy about them," Hanse replied as the scores tallied. Since Hanse hadn't bothered to use the jump jets... it was new BattleMech design, Henry was currently out on the course. The Rabid Fox had given him a great deal to think about whether he knew that or not. What Clay probably was ignorant of was the true value of what his victory on Halstead Station had won the Federated Suns, beyond just humiliating the Combine and destroying one of the most historically vile units of the DCMS.

What had been lost to history and then found... and what they had kept out of the Combine's hands. The regiment of sword of light shattered on Halstead station had given them time to strip the vaults of all their valuables. That they had also certainly severely damaged Takashi Kurita's plans to establish a supply depot on Halstead to support offensives.

With little to do he broached the question, "And there still has been no sign of the 2nd​ Sword of Light being reconstituted?"

Yvonne Davion shook her head, "No, we assume it has to be coming, but to the best of our knowledge the Regiment disappeared from the rolls. If the Combine means to reconstitute it it will require moving units and personnel from other units in the brigade... we really would have expected to see that take place but we've had nothing to substantiate those expectations."

The Combine continued to publish an alternative account of the battle in their public narratives. After all the Coordinator couldn't possibly have made a mistake so much as that samurai had been attempting to honorably avenge their predeceased commander, and if that meant pretending they'd been fighting some lostech assault battlemech from the end of the star league well... that seemed to be the route they had committed to. "Even so," Hanse started to protest.

"From what we understand," The Duchess of Victoria replied as the seventy tonner's ppcs flashed on the screen, "the combine failed to recover much of their equipment, Halstead Station's environment was far from hospitable, but he had expected them to be able to make some gains."

Aaron Sandoval nodded, "The dome and the magma vault did collapse that could have caused geologic instabilities burying any salvage under thousands of tons of earth."

"That is the working theory."

Hanse knew that the vault's breach hadn't critically compromised the area. The fighting hadn't helped, but in his discussions with Ian he had had to make clear to his older brother that even though they had the upper hand they needed to strip the vaults of all their material... and then that they should scuttle the load bearing supports as they withdrew. If they were lucky, if their luck had held then the Combine might well have just written it all off, or wasted the better part of a year digging for some idea of what the AFFS had been after.

... but simply denying that find to the Combine was not the same as as effectively utilizing what they had found, and Hanse knew they would need leverage in order to have Ian move... and he was hoping that the prospect of a new shipyard might convince his older brother that the Federated Suns stood at a unique, and historical opportunity by which to move their nation into the future.

"can he fix the McKenna shipyards?"

"I believe he has those resources," Yvonne replied. Then it was simply a matter of allowing Ian, receiving his brother's consent to post his youngest vassal to the capellan march, "We have a year, and if in a year the shipyard at Sakhara is operational then we will have our answer."

Even if it wasn't quite ready, allowing for teething issues with the machinery that by itself would mean that the Federated Suns had a new Shipyard. A new shipyard, not a refurbished star league era one, but an entirely new line to produce JumpShips.
--
Notes: this would have been up this morning but my computer decided to freeze up and fucked up the update for this, saturday's update of aoe sunday's update for ghost... anyway so I went to bed without posting as a result this is sans Ian's introduction, which I will rewrite for 1.4 New Avalon.

Last edited:
I take it the longsword is going to need some work and a fair few assorted tests before it's ready for serial production?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back