• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jaune SI BS 10: The Giant Robot New
Nora tries to sneak into the kitchen in the common room after hours. She opens the fridge... Reaches for the frozen pancakes...

SNAP!

Nora: "OW!" She waves her hand, where a mousetrap is stuck on "Owowowow!"

Jaune: Glares at her "I told you, Nora. You're grounded... Also how does that even hurt? You have Aura."

Nora: "It was funnier?"

Jaune: "... I guess I can't argue with that."

Nora: "PLEASE JAUNE-JAUNE! GIVE ME PANCAKES!" Falls to her knees in front of him and sobs "I'LL BECOME YOUR SLAVE!"

Jaune: "I-I don't need one of those and I'm not gonna NTR Ren!"

Nora: "HE'S INTO THAT!"

Jaune: "I... He's what?!

Nora: "Well... He might be!"

Jaune: "WELL I'M NOT ASKING HIM!"

- - -

Cardin is grumbling to himself... When Jaune walks up to him.

Jaune: "Yo, Cardin."

Cardin: "What do you want, Arc?"

Jaune: "I have beer and guns. Wanna go do something stupid?"

Cardin: "... Sure thing!"

Later, at a campfire, Team CRDL, Ren, Jaune and Sun are chilling out with beer.

Sky: "I just... I think she's kind of neat, ya know?"

Jaune: "Then ask her out, dumbass."

Sky: "But she's with Team NDGO!"

Jaune: "Wait, that's who you're talking about? Fuck, no, do not stick in evil and crazy, bro."

Dove: "I have been telling him the same thing."

Russell: "Totally. I don't even know why Adel is hitting on me. She's supposed to be a lesbian!"

Sky: "Statistically speaking, she's more likely to be bi than lesbian given how few true blue lesbians there are. Or true blue gay dudes there are. It's like a spectrum or something."

Russell: "Yeah and you're a rainbow gaywad!"

Sky: "I AM NOT!"

Cardin: "So... Uh... Jauney... I wanna ask your help."

Jaune: "Me? With what?"

Cardin: "Well you went on a date with Xiao-Long... Can you help me with the girls?"

Sun: "Why aren't you asking me? I went on a date with Blake!"

Jaune: "That was more like you both being temporarily homeless."

Russell: "Plus, you want that chick? Really? Her?"

Sky: "Her booty is amazing though!"

Russell: "It's more that she's part of Arc's harem."

Jaune: "I don't have a harem! Fuck's sake, just because Great-Grandpa had three wives does not mean I will! My dad only has my mom!"

Sun: "She-She totally isn't into Jaune anyway! She wore that collar for me!"

Dove: sips beer "I take back what I said, Sky. You're not a simp next to him."

Sun: "I'M NOT A SIMP!"

Cardin: "Anyway, come on Jaune! Help me with the girl!"

Jaune: "Who is it?"

Cardin: "Um..."

Ren: "If it's Nora, I will have to murder you."

Cardin: "NO IT'S NOT NORA!"

Jaune: "Though good on you, Ren! You made a move?"

Ren: "... Kind of?"

Russell: "OI! Come on, Pinkeye! Just tell her you wanna be together!"

Ren: "I don't want to ruin thirteen years of friendship."

Sky: "She's your childhood friend too?! Why do you guys get all the luck?!"

Jaune: "Who is it, Cardin?"

Cardin: "... Um... Well, uh, she's in the year ahead of us... Has a really neat Semblance and um..."

Jaune: "... You're shitting me. Velvet?! You pulled on her ears, dude!"

Cardin: "Well I got nervous and my family's got some history with the Faunus and-and I don't know what the fuck to do!"

Dove: "Ask her out."

Russell: "Ya damn pussy!"

Cardin: "Says the guy running from Adel!"

Russell: "She's terrifying! I'm not gonna be her dress up doll! Even if she hot as fuck and bisexual!"

Jaune: sighs "Cardin? Just go ask her out. Hand her flowers. Say you just wanted to get her attention but you went overboard. Maybe she'll give you a chance."

Cardin: "That worked for you with your harem?"

Jaune: "I DON'T HAVE A HAREM. I just asked Yang out on a date after flirting with her! It's no big deal! And I don't know why Blake is wearing a collar!"

Sun: "She's doing it for me! ME!"

Russell: "I really fucking doubt it, Abs-Boy."

Sun: "LEAST I HAVE ABS!"

Ren: sips his beer "... Why did we want to hang out with guys again?"

Jaune: "Because Ruby got into my childhood photos my sisters sent and I'm not crossdressing again... Unless it's to save the world or something."

Ren: "Or if your harem is into that."

Jaune: "Et tu, Ren?"

When our heroes try to infiltrate a White Fang meeting... They bring the police with them. Unfortunately, Roman whips out the Paladin mech and chaos ensues. Roman blasts apart the warehouse and JNPR and RWBY barely escape the falling rubble.

Or at least, most of them did.

Pyrrha: "Jaune?! JAUNE! WHERE'S JAUNE?!"

Nora: "JAUNE?!"

Ruby: "JAUNE!"

Yang: "JAUNE!"

Roman's Paladin strides out, carrying the limp body of Sun Wukong.

Blake: "SUN!"

Roman: "You girls gotta get tougher boyfriends if I can wreck them like this. Oh well! Time to die~."

BEEP BEEP!

Roman: "What the-?!"

A heavy semi-truck rams into the Paladin at high speed. Jaune, carrying a large backpack, jumps out of the driver's seat just in time before it hits and explodes.

Jaune: "SHOOT THE FUCKER!"

Everyone opens fire on the mech as it tries to free itself from the wreckage.

Roman: "HAHA! CLEVER, BRATS! BUT YOU'D BETTER BE PACKING SOMETHING EXTRA BESIDES A TRUCK TO TAKE ME DOWN!"

Jaune: "Actually? We did."

He pulls out an anti-armor rocket launcher and takes aim as everyone else keeps firing on Roman.

Roman: "Oh. Well shi-"

Jaune fires. The armor piercing warhead punches through the armor on the mech's drive system. With a massive explosion, the mech goes limp and loses all power.

Jaune: "... Bit of a design flaw, that."

Yang: snerk "Remind me to send a complaint to the Atlasian Military."

Jaune: "Totally."

Ruby: "Awww... Jaune!"

Jaune: "What?"

Ruby: "I wanted to have a cool fight with the giant robot!" pouts

Nora: "Me too!" Also pouts

Jaune: "Well then, next time make sure it's not in a heavily populated area. And bring anti-armor weapons with you."

Ruby: "Maybe I will!"

Nora: "Can I have an advance on my allowance?"

Jaune: "Only if you're good."

Blake and Weiss give Jaune suspicious looks.

Jaune: "... Yes?"

Blake: "How did you know there would be a giant mecha here?"

Jaune: "I didn't know. I just figured that if the White Fang are getting a lot of weapons from somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. In this case, having a giant armored weapon to deal with. At most I thought it would be like one of those cheap-ass Mistralian tanks with the legs that kind of work: Not a Paladin!"

Weiss: "... I suppose that's sensible." nods "You were right to be paranoid."

Jaune: "It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you."

Blake: "Who?"

Jaune: "Well gee, given that Weiss is numero uno target for the White Fang and Blake left them, it seems like they'd be all too happy to go after you two! Also your friends! Speaking of, Blake? Your boyfriend is badly injured, maybe we should tend to him?"

Blake: "O-Oh! Right!"

Weiss: "So self centered."

Blake: "You didn't notice until Jaune pointed it out!"

Weiss: "I was a little preoccupied!"

Pyrrha smiles warmly at Jaune as he starts first aid on Sun.

Pyrrha: "You did very well, Jaune."

Jaune: beams "Thanks Pyrrha. Anything to keep the ones I love safe."

Much blushing from the women around ensues.

Sun: "Ugh... Hey Jaune... Thanks for the save."

Jaune: "Hey, I'm not letting my friends get killed by a giant robot. It'd look bad on my resume!"

Sun: "Can't say I'm uh... I'm comfortable with a dude saying they love me."

Jaune: "It's friendly love, bro. You know, bro-mance? Like what you have with Neptune, except I'm straight."

Sun: "Heh. Funny."

Weiss: "NEPTUNE IS PERFECTLY STRAIGHT!"

Jaune: "His dress sense says otherwise."

Weiss: "Y-You're just upset he's manlier than you!"

A pause... Then much laughter ensues.

Weiss: "HEY!"

Jaune: "Sure Princess, sure."

Blake: "Wait, I thought I was the Princess?"

Jaune: "You both are."

Sun: pained scowl "Bro..."

Jaune: "Oh relax Sun, I'm not stealing another man's girl."

Blake: quickly "I'm not his girl."

Sun: "Urk... The pain...!"

Jaune: "I think those are your ribs. Also geez Blake, ya gotta be all tsundere when he's like this? At least give him a lap pillow while he's injured."

Blake: "I-I'm sorry! I'm not good at this stuff!"

Sun: smiles "I like you for it anyway."

Blake: "Now is not the time to flirt!"

Yang: "It's always the time to flirt!"

Sun: "Oh, also... Where did Roman go?"

They search... But the red haired criminal is long gone.

Jaune: "Oh wow, we are bad at this."

Sun: "Urgh... I'm never gonna be a Junior Detective at this rate..."

Jaune SI BS 11: The Infiltrators New
When our heroes try to infiltrate a White Fang meeting... They bring the police with them. Unfortunately, Roman whips out the Paladin mech and chaos ensues. Roman blasts apart the warehouse and JNPR and RWBY barely escape the falling rubble.

Or at least, most of them did.

Pyrrha: "Jaune?! JAUNE! WHERE'S JAUNE?!"

Nora: "JAUNE?!"

Ruby: "JAUNE!"

Yang: "JAUNE!"

Roman's Paladin strides out, carrying the limp body of Sun Wukong.

Blake: "SUN!"

Roman: "You girls gotta get tougher boyfriends if I can wreck them like this. Oh well! Time to die~."

BEEP BEEP!

Roman: "What the-?!"

A heavy semi-truck rams into the Paladin at high speed. Jaune, carrying a large backpack, jumps out of the driver's seat just in time before it hits and explodes.

Jaune: "SHOOT THE FUCKER!"

Everyone opens fire on the mech as it tries to free itself from the wreckage.

Roman: "HAHA! CLEVER, BRATS! BUT YOU'D BETTER BE PACKING SOMETHING EXTRA BESIDES A TRUCK TO TAKE ME DOWN!"

Jaune: "Actually? We did."

He pulls out an anti-armor rocket launcher and takes aim as everyone else keeps firing on Roman.

Roman: "Oh. Well shi-"

Jaune fires. The armor piercing warhead punches through the armor on the mech's drive system. With a massive explosion, the mech goes limp and loses all power.

Jaune: "... Bit of a design flaw, that."

Yang: snerk "Remind me to send a complaint to the Atlasian Military."

Jaune: "Totally."

Ruby: "Awww... Jaune!"

Jaune: "What?"

Ruby: "I wanted to have a cool fight with the giant robot!" pouts

Nora: "Me too!" Also pouts

Jaune: "Well then, next time make sure it's not in a heavily populated area. And bring anti-armor weapons with you."

Ruby: "Maybe I will!"

Nora: "Can I have an advance on my allowance?"

Jaune: "Only if you're good."

Blake and Weiss give Jaune suspicious looks.

Jaune: "... Yes?"

Blake: "How did you know there would be a giant mecha here?"

Jaune: "I didn't know. I just figured that if the White Fang are getting a lot of weapons from somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. In this case, having a giant armored weapon to deal with. At most I thought it would be like one of those cheap-ass Mistralian tanks with the legs that kind of work: Not a Paladin!"

Weiss: "... I suppose that's sensible." nods "You were right to be paranoid."

Jaune: "It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you."

Blake: "Who?"

Jaune: "Well gee, given that Weiss is numero uno target for the White Fang and Blake left them, it seems like they'd be all too happy to go after you two! Also your friends! Speaking of, Blake? Your boyfriend is badly injured, maybe we should tend to him?"

Blake: "O-Oh! Right!"

Weiss: "So self centered."

Blake: "You didn't notice until Jaune pointed it out!"

Weiss: "I was a little preoccupied!"

Pyrrha smiles warmly at Jaune as he starts first aid on Sun.

Pyrrha: "You did very well, Jaune."

Jaune: beams "Thanks Pyrrha. Anything to keep the ones I love safe."

Much blushing from the women around ensues.

Sun: "Ugh... Hey Jaune... Thanks for the save."

Jaune: "Hey, I'm not letting my friends get killed by a giant robot. It'd look bad on my resume!"

Sun: "Can't say I'm uh... I'm comfortable with a dude saying they love me."

Jaune: "It's friendly love, bro. You know, bro-mance? Like what you have with Neptune, except I'm straight."

Sun: "Heh. Funny."

Weiss: "NEPTUNE IS PERFECTLY STRAIGHT!"

Jaune: "His dress sense says otherwise."

Weiss: "Y-You're just upset he's manlier than you!"

A pause... Then much laughter ensues.

Weiss: "HEY!"

Jaune: "Sure Princess, sure."

Blake: "Wait, I thought I was the Princess?"

Jaune: "You both are."

Sun: pained scowl "Bro..."

Jaune: "Oh relax Sun, I'm not stealing another man's girl."

Blake: quickly "I'm not his girl."

Sun: "Urk... The pain...!"

Jaune: "I think those are your ribs. Also geez Blake, ya gotta be all tsundere when he's like this? At least give him a lap pillow while he's injured."

Blake: "I-I'm sorry! I'm not good at this stuff!"

Sun: smiles "I like you for it anyway."

Blake: "Now is not the time to flirt!"

Yang: "It's always the time to flirt!"

Sun: "Oh, also... Where did Roman go?"

They search... But the red haired criminal is long gone.

Jaune: "Oh wow, we are bad at this."

Sun: "Urgh... I'm never gonna be a Junior Detective at this rate..."

Jaune was brooding over some things as he often did in the common room. The door was open and he could see many of the exchange students wandering the halls. This was part of the reason for his brooding.

A few hours ago in Ozpin's office...

Jaune: "You do realize what I mean by 'Lionheart's a traitor', right?"

Ozpin: "Yes Mister Arc, I am not deaf. However, we cannot simply arrest people based upon nothing more than visions of the future."

Jaune: "You do extra-legal stuff all the time! How is grabbing and taking them into custody for something else not an option?!"

Ozpin: "Because things can quickly get out of control and I do not want to tip our hand to Salem too soon. If she knows her operatives are compromised, that loses us valuable intel. While we are in a position to feed them false information until we can either turn them, or eliminate them at a time of our choosing."

Jaune: scowls "... I hate that you're so reasonable."

Ozpin: smirks "I have been told that many times. In any event... Didn't you say that several operatives of the enemy switched sides to aid us in your visions of the future?"

Jaune: "Well... Yeah... But there's no guarantee we can repeat that!"

Ozpin: "Did you not say that if Miss Fall had just had one person in her life who wasn't 'hilariously over the top evil', she might have turned out for the better?"

Jaune: sulks "... Yes..."

Ozpin: "In that case? You are to make contact with her and try to guide her into thinking what we want her to think. You're already so adept at deception I do not think it will be a serious challenge for you. Besides... If you do it while she's at Beacon? She's in our power and the risk to you or anyone else is minimal."

Jaune: sighs "... All right. I'll give it my best shot."

Ozpin: "That is all I ask. Also, one other thing?"

Jaune: "You're asking a LOT of favors of your only oracle, you know."

Ozpin: "An oracle who wishes to prevent the terrible future, correct?"

Jaune: sighs "Yes sir."

Ozpin: "I want you to help me with your parents and godparents. While in their youth they were too... Destructive to recruit, I believe that if things get as bad as you say, it would be good to have some of the most powerful Hunters and Huntresses around united and organized on our side."

Jaune: "I mean, that'll be a tall order. Mom never trusted you because of how Nana saw you, and Dad goes along with her. And Uncle Arjun-"

Ozpin: "I believe evidence of Lionheart's treachery will suffice to get him on our side. Not that I'll have you relate that to him."

Jaune: "... I'll see what I can do."

Ozpin: "Thank you."

In the present, Pyrrha sits down with Jaune as he strums his guitar.

Pyrrha: "Hello Jaune."

Jaune: "Oh, hey Pyr. You okay?"

Pyrrha: smiles "Just fine. Are you okay? You seem to be waiting for something... Or someone. Are... Are you meeting with Yang?"

Jaune: "Not today. I've got a-"

Cinder walks down the hallway, looking like she's lost. Emerald and Mercury are with her.

Jaune: Crap... It's go time but with Pyrrha here...!

Jaune: "... Pyr? I need to ask you a favor."

Pyrrha: "Anything, Jaune."

Jaune: "You seriously need to stop answering like that... Just... Do you trust me?"

Pyrrha: "With my life."

Jaune winces.

Jaune: "We'll... Work on that too. Just follow my lead and go along with whatever I say or do for now. I promise I'll explain... And apologize."

Pyrrha: confused, but nods "Sure."

Jaune: "All right... Come with me." Here we go...

Jaune gets up and walks over to Cinder. Pyrrha follows a step behind. Jaune smiles at Cinder.

Jaune: "Hey! You appear to be lost."

Cinder: "Yes, we are. Could you direct us to dormitory A7?"

Jaune: "Would love to, but there's a much better view in dormitory A12." winks "You can see the whole campus from there."

Cinder: raised eyebrow, humoring smile "I'm sure there is, but we're assigned to A7 and our luggage-"

Jaune: "It'll be fine..." He leans in close and whispers in her ear "Hail Salem."

Cinder's eyes widen in shock. Emerald and Mercury look at one another askance. Cinder recovers first and smiles warmly, but with a hint of menace.

Cinder: "I see... Why don't you show us to A12? I'll take you up on your offer after all."

Jaune: "Sounds great to me."

They all walk into the dormroom, Jaune and Pyrrha going first. Cinder shuts the door behind her while Emerald and Mercury flank her, ready for a fight.

Cinder: "All right, talk. Who are you and why are you here?!"

Jaune: "That's my question. I can't believe...!" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Of course... Hang on, let me make sure we're clear."

He pulls out a fidget widget toy and clicks it. Pyrrha helpfully increases the magnetic field strength around them with a noticeable hum.

Jaune: "Okay. I checked this place for bugs before but it never hurts to be careful. I'm Jaune Arc. I'm Salem's source inside Beacon."

Cinder's eyes narrow as Emerald scoffs and Mercury smirks.

Mercury: "Seriously?"

Jaune: "Your prosthetic legs need some work, dude. Your father was truly the biggest asshole imaginable if he thought those were decent replacements."

Mercury's jaw drops. Jaune looked to Emerald.

Jaune: "Vacuo, the market street. You figured out your Semblance there."

Emerald's eyes widened. He then locked onto Cinder.

Jaune: "Cinder Fall of the Glass Unicorn. Half the Maiden powers are in your possession, and you're here for the other half and the Relic."

Cinder sucked in a breath. She looked over at Pyrrha and then at Jaune. Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "Relax... She's with us."

Cinder: "If you know all this then... Then why are you here? Why didn't she tell me about you?"

Jaune: "She didn't tell me about you, either! I didn't know we were supposed to be here at the same time!" Jaune groans "Great... Maybe the old crone is going senile after thousands of years."

Cinder: "... What was your goal then?"

Jaune: shrugs "I was sent here to gather intel and get the Maiden candidates wrapped around my finger. Also, to find the Relic."

Jaune reaches out and cups Pyrrha's cheek.

Jaune: "As you can see... I've got one under my spell~... Don't I, Pyrrha dear~?"

Pyrrha flushes bright red, and smiles lovingly at Jaune. She leans into his touch and nuzzles his hand.

Pyrrha: "Mmmm... Master~..."

Jaune: "Sit."

Pyrrha doesn't even hesitate, sitting like a dog on the floor.

Jaune: "Roll over."

Pyrrha rolls over.

Jaune: "Sit up and beg."

Pyrrha again doesn't even blink, sitting up on her knees panting with her hands up.

Pyrrha: "Master~!"

Cinder gapes in shock. Mercury flushes and smirks, while Emerald gapes and looks... Almost longingly?

Cinder: "How-?"

Jaune: "Just some old fashioned psychology. Helps that my mom's a doctor. It turns out that she was the ideal Maiden candidate for Ozpin: Incredibly powerful, well trained... And with barely a will of her own. She latched onto me the moment I showed her some true kindness and love. The rest was easy." He affectionately rubs Pyrrha's head "But she's not the only candidate. Ruby Rose, the girl with the Silver Eyes, and her team are others. I'm working on her and her sister, too."

Mercury: "Woah... So she's totally into you?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha? Tell them how you really feel about me."

Pyrrha: brightly "I love Master. I feel safe and loved with him. I'll die for him, and kill for him. He only needs to ask~."

Jaune: Okay, that sounded worryingly intense... But it looks like they're buying it.

Mercury: "Man... Slick."

Cinder: "It is impressive... To see the mighty Pyrrha Nikos so humbled." She smirks at her, and then gives Jaune a considering look "Why this thorough?"

Jaune: shrugs "Imagine Ozpin's face when his pet Maiden Candidates all turn against him."

Cinder: "Yes... But I want the full Maiden powers. Where is she? And where is the Relic?"

Jaune sighs.

Jaune: "That's trickier... Ozpin's tower is the obvious location. Getting access to it is difficult, but doable. He's got a special relationship with these Maiden candidates, after all. You just need to keep raising hell and keep Ozpin distracted. As for the Relic...?"

Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "I don't think it's here anymore."

Cinder: "What?!"

Jaune: "I managed to snag these photos." He pulls them out and hands them over. Cinder looks them over. They do indeed show Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow moving an item out of the tower at night to a Bullhead. In a crate just big enough for a Relic to be held inside. "Now, I don't know one hundred percent that they removed it, but they went to a LOT of trouble to move this thing in a clandestine manner."

Cinder: "But-How did they open the Vault?"

Jaune: "Magic, I'm guessing. I'm working on getting more intel." At Cinder's scowl he holds up his hands "I know, I know. But this can't be rushed. Ozpin's already trying to use me to get my parents and godparents to work for him. I'm under a lot of scrutiny. He's not dumb."

Emerald: "Maybe we can take the heat off you. You've done MORE than enough-"

Jaune: "Not how it works, Sweetheart. I got this far without raising any suspicion. It'll take too long to get you up to speed. Like it or not? We have to work together on this."

A long pause ensues. Before Cinder sighs.

Cinder: "Very well. This isn't the first time she hasn't told me her full plans."

Jaune: "Heh, I bet that's a feature, not a bug."

Cinder: "Indeed. Do you have intel on the CCT Systems at least?"

Jaune: "What for? You gonna get in there and do something nasty?"

CInder: "Something like that."

Jaune: "Give me a week or two and I'll make it so you can just walk right in. Deal?"

Cinder: "... Deal." She reaches out to him "I did not expect the last of the Arc family to work for our mistress."

Jaune pauses, then slowly reaches out to take her hand.

Jaune: "It's a long story."

Cinder: "Perhaps you can tell me it sometime... Over dinner?"

Jaune: "I'll have to convince my girlfriend but... Doable."

Cinder: smirks, raised eyebrow "You are ambitious?"

Jaune: smirks and shrugs "It's in my blood."

Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury leave. Jaune and Pyrrha follow. Jaune guides her outside, and they walk out of the grounds.

Jaune: "Okay... I don't know for sure if they have someone tailing us but-"

Pyrrha: "I can't sense anyone around with my Semblance. No one in earshot, anyway."

Jaune: "Oh... Cool. You can do that?"

Pyrrha: nods "I can."

Jaune: deep breath "Pyrrha... I am very sorry I had to humiliate you like that. Thank you so much for going along-This is really big. These guys... They're big trouble. All the recent bad shit going down? They're behind it, and they're aiming for something even worse. I... I wish I could tell you everything but-"

Pyrrha: smiles "You asked if I trusted you, Jaune. I answered. That answer hasn't changed. I know you'd only go to such lengths to protect people."

Jaune: "Oh... That's good."

Pyrrha: "And uh..." bright red "Um... Well... Strangely... All my life, I've... Resented others being in control. But with you? I... I'm all right with it. Because... I know I can trust you completely... I-I think I-I might-"

Jaune: "Woah woah woah!" Jaune waves his hands "Look. Pyrrha, I... I care deeply about you, too. But I'm not some jerk making a harem. I love Yang too. If... If we break up, give me two weeks to recover and then we'll try dating. But please... I don't want you to trade one master for another!"

Pyrrha: blush "I... I see... Though, um... If... We could all be in a relationship... Even if I was just the side piece... Wouldn't that help your mission?"

Jaune: "... No offense Pyrrha but I kind of want to beat the shit out of your parents."

Pyrrha: beams "Really?!"

Jaune: "Yes." sighs "We'll... Work on that later. For now though? Let's just keep this quiet, okay?"

Pyrrha: giggles "As my Master wishes~."

Jaune: groans "Please tell me you're just messing with me?"

Pyrrha: "That's my secret."

Jaune: "I've created a monster."

Had a idea for a much more self destructive look at Blake and Adam.

Where basically Adam sees Blake at her most beautiful when she's angry or violent.

And she's always angriest at him when HE'S being violent.

And it's just a slow downward spiral of him escalating things just to keep getting those reactions out of her.

Until it inevitably leads to the train, and eventually the waterfall.

.....Yeah, the more I think about it; the more I realize how absurd Jaune's Semblance truly is in theory:

1st Stage - Aura Amp: No Aura sharing; just Amplifying either the user's or the target's Aura and it's capabilities. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply (Basically, Jaune's Aura Amp when awakened).

2nd Stage - Aura Gift: (Theoretical) User can now transfer its own Aura to others. Constant physical contact no longer required for Aura Amp while the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target.

3rd Stage - Aura Sap: (Theoretical): User can now drain its target's Aura to replenish its own. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply. However, if used in conjunction with Aura Gift effect; constant physical contact is no longer required as long the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target and if used in conjunction with Aura Amp effect; absorption rate is also boosted.

4th Stage - Aura Null: (Theoretical) Nullifies the target's Aura and it's capabilities. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply. However, if used in conjunction with Aura Gift effect; constant physical contact is no longer required as long the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target and if used in conjunction with Aura Sap; target's Aura is nullified even as it is being drained.

5th Stage - Expansion: (Theoretical) Semblance range is now expanded, allowing the user to affect multiple targets at the same time. All previous effects apply as the user wills.

6th Stage - Explosion: (Theoretical) The user's body is shrouded in flames and lightning: All user's physical, mental and spiritual parameters are drastically enhanced and both the Semblance range as well as the potency of previous effects are exponentially boosted. However, the user's physical, mental and spiritual stamina consumption is also greatly increased. This Super Mode should only be used as a Last Resort. Overuse results in severe physical, mental and spiritual strain and fatigue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

No cap, these effects are all based on the documented accounts of Jeanne d'Arc's effect on both her troops and her enemies; she had an uncanny talent to rouse the morale of her troops (Aura Amp) and spent time and effort trying to restore the moral fortitude of her men (Aura Gift). At the same time, she could also terrify enemies to the point of unwillingness to battle (Aura Null); in other words, she drained their spirit (Aura Sap). And her most famous military strategy was to rally her troops (Expansion) into an all-out offensive (Explosion); a strategy better known as: "Attack! Attack! Attack!"

Locations and Battles | Joan of Arc | Jeanne-darc.info

Last edited:
Batman!Jaune New

- - -

"It's pretty simple," Blake began, "This rally is going to turn violent. They'll be providing the White Fang members with Atlasian military weapons. If we can infiltrate it, we might be able to stop it."

"I dunno, Blake," Ruby hummed as she looked over what intel Blake had managed to gather projected on the holoscreen in their dorm, "We might be facing an entire army."

"And you're not gung ho about it?" Blake asked in surprise. Weiss sniffed.

"Seems she finally got some common sense," the Atlasian heiress stated. Ruby glared.

"Hey! I've always had common sense! I'm just saying, we're gonna be heavily outnumbered here!"

"Sun will help," Blake said carefully.

"Your simp boyfriend? That's a big help," Yang said dryly, "Like the sun peeking up over the mountains."

"He's-He's not my boyfriend and he's not a simp!" Blake said defensively, her pale cheeks red. She glared. "Besides, we can't ALL have the attention of a boy billionaire!"

Yang flushed deeply.

"What? I was just-just friendly with Jaune when he visited!"

Blake scowled deeply. Ruby sighed. For some reason, Blake was very irritated with Jaune Arc whenever he visited Beacon. The guy was an investor in the Hunter Academy so it was his right to visit. Plus, he was actually pretty cool! Despite being a CEO, he was their age and liked video games and comics! How could Ruby NOT like him?

He was also very friendly with Yang, as he loved motorcycles too. In fact, he'd been polite to everyone! Especially Blake!

It just didn't make sense.

"Though," Yang hummed, "I think I agree with Ruby on this. We're gonna need some help with your plan."

"Like calling the proper authorities and letting them handle it?" Weiss deadpanned. Blake scowled at her.

"This-This is a mess I-We can handle!"

"Oh my, what a flip!" Weiss snarked. "All about you, isn't it? Even wanting to die like a pretty little heroine in your porn books-"

"THEY'RE NOT PORN!" Blake seethed.

As Blake and Weiss argued and Ruby did her best to mediate, Yang sighed. Ruby was doing her best but... The truth was? They weren't the best at being vigilantes.

Fortunately, she knew someone who was.

- - -

The machine was big. It was brutal. It was boxy and built to withstand anything short of a nuclear weapon. It was something Arc Enterprises had been working on for a while as a special project for the Valean Defense Force, but like so many such systems, it was halted when the strategic need failed to justify the expense.

And so it had sat in some warehouse for almost ten years... Before Jaune found it.

It had required some updating. That had been a long project for Avery and himself, that was for sure. Miles, the mechanic, had gotten the drive train functional again-Fortunately it wasn't anything too exotic otherwise Jaune would have abandoned it.

But now it was operational, and rumbling its way down from the Arc Manor into Vale proper.

"Everything all right, sir?" Avery, his loyal butler, asked over the radio. Batman looked over the display screens carefully.

"Yes. Purrs like a kitten. My compliments to Miles."

"Well he was former Atlasian Military Engineering Corps," Avery said, "This probably was a breeze next to those monstrosities. Are you sure you won't arrive too late? Miss Xiao-Long and Miss Rose can be... Rather impulsive."

Batman smirked a little as the massive vehicle rolled through the trees, grinding a Beowulf to dust with barely a bump.

"I'm keeping an eye on things. I expect I'll get there right in the nick of time."

"Ah, so your usual timing," Avery sighed, "You know, you could try to be more early for your rescues."

"Believe me Avery, I'm working on it."

- - -

Roman Torchwick cackled at the holoscreens. There was something to the joy of going around in a giant robot and causing wanton destruction. Granted, he'd just activated the Paladin and was just now opening fire, but still!

"Never gonna tease those mecha nerds again," he laughed, unleashing cannon fire on that blond Faunus who had run in with the Kitty Kat.

"Bad choice of girlfriends, buddy! I should know!" He taunted, even as Kitty Kat opened fire with her pistol through a crowd of clones. The other White Fang members were scattering or firing on them. He was sure Red would be along shortly, but why wait?

"So, who wants to see this baby's flame thrower? I know I do!" Roman cackled. He powered up the Fire Dust and was just about to let loose... When the far wall of the warehouse was flattened. Something huge, black, and menacing smashed right through, driving on tank treads.

Bright lights ignited atop of it, in between two points that resembled... Bat Ears?

"Oh no," Roman muttered, as the vehicle's speakers came to life and a familiar gruff voice echoed through the building.

"White Fang. Surrender now, or be destroyed," Batman spoke. The White Fang jeered and yelled. Several opened fire on him with the Atlasian weapons. They bounced off the tank's hull uselessly. Roman shook his head and held up the cannon arm of his mech.

"If you want something done right," he muttered. He fired a missile which streaked right for the Bat-Tank. It exploded on impact, enveloping the Bat-Tank in flames and smoke. Roman smirked.

"HA! What do you say to that, Bats?!" He taunted.

The smoke cleared... And the unharmed Bat-Tank still stood there.

Roman's jaw dropped.

The Bat-Tank's Auto turrets activated and began to fire, hitting and downing White Fang members.

"Those are rubber bullets," Batman stated calmly, as twin heavy cannons on the "nose" of the vehicle rose.

"These are not."

Two blasts hit Roman dead center and forced the Paladin back. His screen became filled with red damage report alerts and he saw smoking holes in the armor. His eyes widened as he realized his ammo was about to cook off.

"Or... Maybe we could talk this out?" He offered.

Batman's reply was brief.

"No."

- - -

I decided to help out GentlemanRogue with his writing a little. Making use of one of my favorite scenes from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns":

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCS05xdcG0

Now, in a lot of Japanese fantasy anime, there are often excuses for why there's something that resembles Japanese cultural touchstones in a truly alien world. Which is... Fine. Happens in all sorts of media no matter the culture.

But! Since I've established the Arc bloodline to be the way that it is? There are a few cultural touches from Remnant's version of Japan, the island nation of Fuujin, as a number of Arcs married Fuujin warriors over the years.

So yes, there are a few Fuujin-style hot spring resorts in the Radian Valley. And a Fuujin-style hot springs bath on the Arc Farm grounds.

And thus, hot springs antics can ensue.

Jaune knows Blake's parents, and told them where she is, didn't he?

Jaune should be using all his no-doubt ill-gotten familial wealth to help the deserving faunus. Why Jaune should take financial advice from an ex-terrorist activist is another matter entirely.

Velvet: "Breakers-damned hippies! Get a job like the rest of us!"

Jaune should be using all his no-doubt ill-gotten familial wealth to help the deserving faunus. Why Jaune should take financial advice from an ex-terrorist activist is another matter entirely.

Ok I know I'm mixing up DC and Marvel here.

But why did Velvet become JJJ?

That or he was perfectly understanding, knowledgeable, and sympathetic, but didn't take the view that the White Fang and all Faunus are complete victims.

Also he didn't put a DAMN COLLAR ON HER AND CLAIM HER AS HIS SEX PET!

.....Yeah, the more I think about it; the more I realize how absurd Jaune's Semblance truly is in theory:

1st Stage - Aura Amp: No Aura sharing; just Amplifying either the user's or the target's Aura and it's capabilities. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply (Basically, Jaune's Aura Amp when awakened).

2nd Stage - Aura Gift: (Theoretical) User can now transfer its own Aura to others. Constant physical contact no longer required for Aura Amp while the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target.

3rd Stage - Aura Sap: (Theoretical): User can now drain its target's Aura to replenish its own. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply. However, if used in conjunction with Aura Gift effect; constant physical contact is no longer required as long the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target and if used in conjunction with Aura Amp effect; absorption rate is also boosted.

4th Stage - Aura Null: (Theoretical) Nullifies the target's Aura and it's capabilities. Requires constant physical contact with target for effect to apply. However, if used in conjunction with Aura Gift effect; constant physical contact is no longer required as long the shared Aura still remains unassimilated by the target and if used in conjunction with Aura Sap; target's Aura is nullified even as it is being drained.

5th Stage - Expansion: (Theoretical) Semblance range is now expanded, allowing the user to affect multiple targets at the same time. All previous effects apply as the user wills.

6th Stage - Explosion: (Theoretical) The user's body is shrouded in flames and lightning: All user's physical, mental and spiritual parameters are drastically enhanced and both the Semblance range as well as the potency of previous effects are exponentially boosted. However, the user's physical, mental and spiritual stamina consumption is also greatly increased. This Super Mode should only be used as a Last Resort. Overuse results in severe physical, mental and spiritual strain and fatigue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

No cap, these effects are all based on the documented accounts of Jeanne d'Arc's effect on both her troops and her enemies; she had an uncanny talent to rouse the morale of her troops (Aura Amp) and spent time and effort trying to restore the moral fortitude of her men (Aura Gift). At the same time, she could also terrify enemies to the point of unwillingness to battle (Aura Null); in other words, she drained their spirit (Aura Sap). And her most famous military strategy was to rally her troops (Expansion) into an all-out offensive (Explosion); a strategy better known as: "Attack! Attack! Attack!"

Locations and Battles | Joan of Arc | Jeanne-darc.info

Well for one, in several cases he didn't need direct contact for his aura. Major one being that he didn't need to touch Weiss to heal her. So I think that already implies the direction his semblance will evolve.

Jaune SI BS 12: To Be a Man... New
Jaune was brooding over some things as he often did in the common room. The door was open and he could see many of the exchange students wandering the halls. This was part of the reason for his brooding.

A few hours ago in Ozpin's office...

Jaune: "You do realize what I mean by 'Lionheart's a traitor', right?"

Ozpin: "Yes Mister Arc, I am not deaf. However, we cannot simply arrest people based upon nothing more than visions of the future."

Jaune: "You do extra-legal stuff all the time! How is grabbing and taking them into custody for something else not an option?!"

Ozpin: "Because things can quickly get out of control and I do not want to tip our hand to Salem too soon. If she knows her operatives are compromised, that loses us valuable intel. While we are in a position to feed them false information until we can either turn them, or eliminate them at a time of our choosing."

Jaune: scowls "... I hate that you're so reasonable."

Ozpin: smirks "I have been told that many times. In any event... Didn't you say that several operatives of the enemy switched sides to aid us in your visions of the future?"

Jaune: "Well... Yeah... But there's no guarantee we can repeat that!"

Ozpin: "Did you not say that if Miss Fall had just had one person in her life who wasn't 'hilariously over the top evil', she might have turned out for the better?"

Jaune: sulks "... Yes..."

Ozpin: "In that case? You are to make contact with her and try to guide her into thinking what we want her to think. You're already so adept at deception I do not think it will be a serious challenge for you. Besides... If you do it while she's at Beacon? She's in our power and the risk to you or anyone else is minimal."

Jaune: sighs "... All right. I'll give it my best shot."

Ozpin: "That is all I ask. Also, one other thing?"

Jaune: "You're asking a LOT of favors of your only oracle, you know."

Ozpin: "An oracle who wishes to prevent the terrible future, correct?"

Jaune: sighs "Yes sir."

Ozpin: "I want you to help me with your parents and godparents. While in their youth they were too... Destructive to recruit, I believe that if things get as bad as you say, it would be good to have some of the most powerful Hunters and Huntresses around united and organized on our side."

Jaune: "I mean, that'll be a tall order. Mom never trusted you because of how Nana saw you, and Dad goes along with her. And Uncle Arjun-"

Ozpin: "I believe evidence of Lionheart's treachery will suffice to get him on our side. Not that I'll have you relate that to him."

Jaune: "... I'll see what I can do."

Ozpin: "Thank you."

In the present, Pyrrha sits down with Jaune as he strums his guitar.

Pyrrha: "Hello Jaune."

Jaune: "Oh, hey Pyr. You okay?"

Pyrrha: smiles "Just fine. Are you okay? You seem to be waiting for something... Or someone. Are... Are you meeting with Yang?"

Jaune: "Not today. I've got a-"

Cinder walks down the hallway, looking like she's lost. Emerald and Mercury are with her.

Jaune: Crap... It's go time but with Pyrrha here...!

Jaune: "... Pyr? I need to ask you a favor."

Pyrrha: "Anything, Jaune."

Jaune: "You seriously need to stop answering like that... Just... Do you trust me?"

Pyrrha: "With my life."

Jaune winces.

Jaune: "We'll... Work on that too. Just follow my lead and go along with whatever I say or do for now. I promise I'll explain... And apologize."

Pyrrha: confused, but nods "Sure."

Jaune: "All right... Come with me." Here we go...

Jaune gets up and walks over to Cinder. Pyrrha follows a step behind. Jaune smiles at Cinder.

Jaune: "Hey! You appear to be lost."

Cinder: "Yes, we are. Could you direct us to dormitory A7?"

Jaune: "Would love to, but there's a much better view in dormitory A12." winks "You can see the whole campus from there."

Cinder: raised eyebrow, humoring smile "I'm sure there is, but we're assigned to A7 and our luggage-"

Jaune: "It'll be fine..." He leans in close and whispers in her ear "Hail Salem."

Cinder's eyes widen in shock. Emerald and Mercury look at one another askance. Cinder recovers first and smiles warmly, but with a hint of menace.

Cinder: "I see... Why don't you show us to A12? I'll take you up on your offer after all."

Jaune: "Sounds great to me."

They all walk into the dormroom, Jaune and Pyrrha going first. Cinder shuts the door behind her while Emerald and Mercury flank her, ready for a fight.

Cinder: "All right, talk. Who are you and why are you here?!"

Jaune: "That's my question. I can't believe...!" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Of course... Hang on, let me make sure we're clear."

He pulls out a fidget widget toy and clicks it. Pyrrha helpfully increases the magnetic field strength around them with a noticeable hum.

Jaune: "Okay. I checked this place for bugs before but it never hurts to be careful. I'm Jaune Arc. I'm Salem's source inside Beacon."

Cinder's eyes narrow as Emerald scoffs and Mercury smirks.

Mercury: "Seriously?"

Jaune: "Your prosthetic legs need some work, dude. Your father was truly the biggest asshole imaginable if he thought those were decent replacements."

Mercury's jaw drops. Jaune looked to Emerald.

Jaune: "Vacuo, the market street. You figured out your Semblance there."

Emerald's eyes widened. He then locked onto Cinder.

Jaune: "Cinder Fall of the Glass Unicorn. Half the Maiden powers are in your possession, and you're here for the other half and the Relic."

Cinder sucked in a breath. She looked over at Pyrrha and then at Jaune. Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "Relax... She's with us."

Cinder: "If you know all this then... Then why are you here? Why didn't she tell me about you?"

Jaune: "She didn't tell me about you, either! I didn't know we were supposed to be here at the same time!" Jaune groans "Great... Maybe the old crone is going senile after thousands of years."

Cinder: "... What was your goal then?"

Jaune: shrugs "I was sent here to gather intel and get the Maiden candidates wrapped around my finger."

Jaune reaches out and cups Pyrrha's cheek.

Jaune: "As you can see... I've got one under my spell~... Don't I, Pyrrha dear~?"

Pyrrha flushes bright red, and smiles lovingly at Jaune. She leans into his touch and nuzzles his hand.

Pyrrha: "Mmmm... Master~..."

Jaune: "Sit."

Pyrrha doesn't even hesitate, sitting like a dog on the floor.

Jaune: "Roll over."

Pyrrha rolls over.

Jaune: "Sit up and beg."

Pyrrha again doesn't even blink, sitting up on her knees panting with her hands up.

Pyrrha: "Master~!"

Jaune pats her head.

Jaune: "Such a good girl."

Pyrrha: beams

Cinder gapes in shock. Mercury flushes and smirks, while Emerald gapes and looks... Almost longingly?

Cinder: "How-?"

Jaune: "Just some old fashioned psychology. Helps that my mom's a doctor. It turns out that she was the ideal Maiden candidate for Ozpin: Incredibly powerful, well trained... And with barely a will of her own. She latched onto me the moment I showed her some true kindness and love. The rest was easy." He affectionately rubs Pyrrha's head "But she's not the only candidate. Ruby Rose, the girl with the Silver Eyes, and her team are others. I'm working on her and her sister, too."

Mercury: "Woah... So she's totally into you?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha? Tell them how you really feel about me."

Pyrrha: brightly "I love Master. I feel safe and loved with him. I'll die for him, and kill for him. He only needs to ask~."

Jaune: Okay, that sounded worryingly intense... But it looks like they're buying it.

Mercury: "Man... Slick."

Cinder: "It is impressive... To see the mighty Pyrrha Nikos so humbled." She smirks at her, and then gives Jaune a considering look "Why this thorough?"

Jaune: shrugs "Imagine Ozpin's face when his pet Maiden Candidates all turn against him."

Cinder: "Yes... But I want the full Maiden powers. Where is she? And where is the Relic?"

Jaune sighs.

Jaune: "That's trickier... Ozpin's tower is the obvious location. Getting access to it is difficult, but doable. He's got a special relationship with these Maiden candidates, after all. You just need to keep raising hell and keep Ozpin distracted. As for the Relic...?"

Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "I don't think it's here anymore."

Cinder: "What?!"

Jaune: "I managed to snag these photos." He pulls them out and hands them over. Cinder looks them over. They do indeed show Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow moving an item out of the tower at night to a Bullhead. In a crate just big enough for a Relic to be held inside. "Now, I don't know one hundred percent that they removed it, but they went to a LOT of trouble to move this thing in a clandestine manner."

Cinder: "But-How did they open the Vault?"

Jaune: "Magic, I'm guessing. I'm working on getting more intel." At Cinder's scowl he holds up his hands "I know, I know. But this can't be rushed. Ozpin's already trying to use me to get my parents and godparents to work for him. I'm under a lot of scrutiny. He's not dumb."

Emerald: "Maybe we can take the heat off you. You've done MORE than enough-"

Jaune: "Not how it works, Sweetheart. I got this far without raising any suspicion. It'll take too long to get you up to speed. Like it or not? We have to work together on this."

A long pause ensues. Before Cinder sighs.

Cinder: "Very well. This isn't the first time she hasn't told me her full plans."

Jaune: "Heh, I bet that's a feature, not a bug."

Cinder: "Indeed. Do you have intel on the CCT Systems at least?"

Jaune: "What for? You gonna get in there and do something nasty?"

CInder: "Something like that."

Jaune: "Give me a week or two and I'll make it so you can just walk right in. Deal?"

Cinder: "... Deal." She reaches out to him "I did not expect the last of the Arc family to work for our mistress."

Jaune pauses, then slowly reaches out to take her hand.

Jaune: "It's a long story."

Cinder: "Perhaps you can tell me it sometime... Over dinner?"

Jaune: "I'll have to convince my girlfriend but... Doable."

Cinder: smirks, raised eyebrow "You are ambitious?"

Jaune: smirks and shrugs "It's in my blood."

Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury leave. Jaune and Pyrrha follow. Jaune guides her outside, and they walk out of the grounds.

Jaune: "Okay... I don't know for sure if they have someone tailing us but-"

Pyrrha: "I can't sense anyone around with my Semblance. No one in earshot, anyway."

Jaune: "Oh... Cool. You can do that?"

Pyrrha: nods "I can."

Jaune: deep breath "Pyrrha... I am very sorry I had to humiliate you like that. Thank you so much for going along-This is really big. These guys... They're big trouble. All the recent bad shit going down? They're behind it, and they're aiming for something even worse. I... I wish I could tell you everything but-"

Pyrrha: smiles "You asked if I trusted you, Jaune. I answered. That answer hasn't changed. I know you'd only go to such lengths to protect people."

Jaune: "Oh... That's good."

Pyrrha: "And uh..." bright red "Um... Well... Strangely... All my life, I've... Resented others being in control. But with you? I... I'm all right with it. Because... I know I can trust you completely... I-I think I-I might-"

Jaune: "Woah woah woah!" Jaune waves his hands "Look. Pyrrha, I... I care deeply about you, too. But I'm not some jerk making a harem. I love Yang too. If... If we break up, give me two weeks to recover and then we'll try dating. But please... I don't want you to trade one master for another!"

Pyrrha: blush "I... I see... Though, um... If... We could all be in a relationship... Even if I was just the side piece... Wouldn't that help your mission?"

Jaune: "... No offense Pyrrha but I kind of want to beat the shit out of your parents."

Pyrrha: beams "Really?!"

Jaune: "Yes." sighs "We'll... Work on that later. For now though? Let's just keep this quiet, okay?"

Pyrrha: giggles "As my Master wishes~."

Jaune: groans "Please tell me you're just messing with me?"

Pyrrha: "That's my secret."

Jaune: "I've created a monster."

Yang: "Jaune! Pyrrha."

Yang runs out to them. Jaune smiles.

Jaune: "Hey Yang!"

Pyrrha: "Hello Yang." Polite smile

Yang: "So... Those exchange students, huh? Pretty crazy bunch of bananas-And I don't just mean Sun."

Jaune: "Ha! I get it!"

Yang: "Heh..." Looks between them "So... Doing some training?"

Jaune: "Maybe later. We were just out on a walk."

Pyrrha: "Yes! Since we're partners and all."

Yang: "... I see."

Yang's smile becomes a bit scary. She walks up and grabs Jaune's hand.

Yang: "Mind if I join you?"

Jaune: "Of course not!" smiles

Yang: "Good. Oh, here." Pulls Jaune into a kiss

Jaune: "Mmph! Mmm..."

Pyrrha: twitches

Yang: "Mwah..." Is definitely eying Pyrrha as she breaks the kiss "Good luck kiss before we start on our walk. Wouldn't want anything to happen, now would we?"

Jaune: "N-No, of course not..." Okay... So... She might be a little jealous... Just a little.

Pyrrha glares daggers at Yang even through her smile.

Jaune: And so is Pyrrha... Great. Could things possibly get worse? ... Why did I think that?

- - -

At some point, Weiss storms into the library where JNPR is studying, grabs Jaune, and drags him out.

Jaune: "Ack! Hey, wait a minute-!"

Weiss: "Shut up!"

Weiss drags him out to an empty classroom and slams him against the wall.

Jaune: "Uh... Weiss? What's up-?"

Weiss: "Neptune says you threatened him!"

Jaune: "Eh?"

Weiss: "Yes! Right to his face!"

Jaune: "Huh? Wait, no! I didn't threaten him! I mean, not overtly-"

Weiss: "What did you say?!"

Jaune: "He didn't tell you?"

Weiss: "Well... No!" glares "What was it?"

Jaune: "I just told him to take good care of you and not abuse your trust, okay? And then I... Might have implied bad things would happen if he did abuse your trust! That's all!"

Weiss: "Wha-Why?! You don't even like me!"

Jaune: blinks "Wha-Of course I like you, Weiss!"

Weiss: "Oh please! You made such a big deal out of me leaving you pinned to a tree-"

Jaune: "Which you apologized for when you realized what a bitch that made you-"

Weiss: "You keep insulting me and calling me crude things-!"

Jaune: "You admitted you were being a bitch-!"

Weiss: "And-And what, you don't want me to to be happy-?!"

Jaune: "WEISS! Seriously, shut up for a second, huh?!"

He rests a hand over her mouth. She glares in shock and anger. He pulls his hand away and holds both of them up to appease her.

Jaune: "Weiss, I do care about you. Sure I will be rough from time to time and sure I'll joke with you and be crude on occasion, but I do care. So I just told Neptune if he abused your trust or took advantage of you, bad things would happen. Because you deserve better than that."

Weiss: "I..." blush "... You really think so?"

Jaune: "Yes! Despite everything, you are a good person on the inside. I just know this isn't easy for you."

Weiss: scoffs "How could you know-?"

Jaune: "Your dad's an uncaring sadistic monster who sees you as at best a business asset, your mother is an alcoholic too consumed with her own issues to do her job, your older sister left the family and your younger brother is turning into a mini version of your dad. I leave anything out?"

Weiss stares in shock and disbelief.

Weiss: "You... H-How-?"

Jaune: "My aunt has has followed your family drama for a while. She knows things. How she does? No idea. But I asked her about you and well... I put together the dots. The fact you're still a good person even after all that is a testament to your will, Weiss. You're a strong, good person and you don't deserve to have some jerk play around with and break your heart. That's all."

Weiss: "You... You really think so...?"

Jaune: smiles "I know so."

Weiss is trying not to cry. He hands her a handkerchief. She dries her eyes and blows her nose.

Weiss: "I, um... Thank you... I..." She holds the handkerchief out

Jaune: "Um... Keep it. There are always going to be more tears in the future, but some of them will be joyful." Oh God why did I say that? That's so corny!

Weiss: sniffles, smiles "... Thank you."

Yang enters the classroom, smiling scarily again.

Yang: "Hey Weisscream. Heard you dragged Jaune off."

Weiss: "I uh... It was-"

Jaune: "She just wanted to yell at me for something. You know, the usual."

Yang: angry smile, wraps her arms around Jaune "Oh?"

Jaune: "But we resolved it. Things are cool now, right Weiss?"

Weiss: "Y-yes... Very cool."

Yang: "Good. You had studying to do with Ruby, right?"

Weiss: "Y-yes! I'll get right to it!" She dashes off and shuts the door

Jaune: "... You're hot when you're jealous."

Yang: bright red "I-I'm not jealous!" She kisses him "Mmm... And this is just because kissing is fun!"

Jaune: "It sure is... Heh..." Oh boy...

- - -

Jaune was studying with Nora in the common room.

Nora: "So, you use a 1 to 45 ratio with this mixture of Dust. Any more and you'll set off the entire batch prematurely!"

Jaune: "Wow! I didn't know that, Nora!"

Nora: "Yeah, I learned that the hard way a few times!" grins

Blake: "Ahem. Jaune? May I speak with you?"

Jaune: "Huh? Sure. I'll be right back, Nora."

Nora: "Sure thing Fearless Leader!"

Jaune and Blake walk off to a secluded part of the dorms, a hallway with windows looking out on campus.

Blake: "... I took your advice. I called my parents."

Jaune: smiles "That's great, Blake!"

Blake: "I... It wasn't easy but... But they... They want to meet with me."

Jaune: "Even better!"

Blake: "You-You think so?"

Jaune: "Blake, they love you. They're just people, like you and me. So they make mistakes. But they do truly love you and want you to be happy."

Blake: "Could... Could you go with me to meet them? I-I mean at first? I don't want to overwhelm them and... And I trust you."

Jaune: blinks "You do?"

Blake: "I do."

Jaune: "Are you sure you don't want Sun there?"

Blake: "Sun's nice but... Well... He's a bit... Immature. He's got a boyish charm but... But I think I prefer someone who acts like a man. You're so... So mature for your age. But in a good way. Compared to..."

Jaune: "... Your last boyfriend?"

Blake: nods "Y-Yes. I see that he was... Angry. So angry that there was nothing else. You though... You care. You take charge. You're, well... You grasp the stakes and handle things like-like a man. And I appreciate that."

Jaune: sucks in a deep breath "I mean... I will be there, Blake. As a friend. Because we're friends and I'll support you." Geez, did I turn her straight or something? What the hell is going on?

Blake: smiles "That would be appreciated-"

Yang appears out of nowhere and wraps her arms around Jaune.

Yang: "Hey Kit-Kat. Sup?"

Blake: quickly "I was just asking if Jaune could accompany me when I meet my parents? He did tell me to contact them."

Jaune: "Just as emotional support, Yang."

Yang: "Oh. Any reason why it's not Sun?"

Blake: "Well... Jaune is less... Um... Flighty."

Jaune: "Sun is a lot more fun though. I'm like a cranky old man in a young man's body according to Blake."

Blake: "I didn't say that!"

Yang: "She didn't have to, we all know it. But... Sure. As friends."

Blake: "You're awfully overprotective of him for not being boyfriend and girlfriend."

Yang: glares at Blake "... Jaune?"

Jaune: "Yes?"

Yang: "Wanna be my boyfriend?"

Jaune: "... Sure?"

Yang: "Great! It's official." Deadly smile "Everything clear, Kit-Kat?"

Blake: scowl "Completely. Thank you again, Jaune."

Jaune: "No problem."

Blake walks off, leaving Jaune and Yang alone.

Jaune: "Yang, uh... Before you worry, I'm not gonna cheat on you-"

Yang: "I wasn't worried!"

She totally was

Yang: "But um... Good to know, huh?" Smiles

Jaune: Great. What have I gotten myself into?

Yang: "Wanna make out?"

Jaune: "Okay!"

Jaune: Stupid hormones...

So I tried making a few tweaks to the way Volume 9 ended. Such as acknowledging Jaune and Ruby's trauma a bit and also repairing their friendship a bit. Something the show didn't do. Tell me what you think.

----------------------------

Jaune paused at the doorway. Watching as Weiss, Blake, and Yang disappeared through it. This was it. He could finally go back to Remnant. Back to his family, go back... home. When was it that he stopped thinking of Remnant as home? Was it when Alyx betrayed him? When he found Juniper? Or when he started to take care of the Paper Pleasers? He didn't know anymore, not after spending decades in a fairy tale world, kept only sane by the insanity around him, kept sane by the belief that Team RWBY would eventually find him, and they'd all go back home. Home... could he even consider Remnant to be his home when he'd spent more of his life stuck in a fairy tale realm than in Remnant? But that wasn't it was it, the real reason he hesitated to go through the door, was because he was terrified.

So many things had gone wrong the last time he'd been in Remnant. Atlas had fallen and Mantle destroyed, Cinder had taken the relics, and hundreds lay dead. Could he bear to carry that responsibility again? After what happened last time? After what happened with the Paper Pleasers? He wasn't a hero, he wasn't like his ancestors, he wasn't like the Rusted Knight. He'd never managed to save anyone and only made things worse. Could he really go back after all this time? Suddenly, something gripped his hand, and Jaune looked down to see Ruby standing next to him, her brows furrowed in worry. She was worried just as terrified he was. And he couldn't help but feel relieved by that fact. That he wasn't alone, not anymore.

"Together?" He asked her, lightly squeezing her hand.

"Together." She squeezed back.

Jaune took a deep breath, he didn't know what the future would bring. He didn't know if he'd fail or if they'd ever defeat Salem. But somehow, as long as he was with his friends he believed things would turn out just fine.

------------------------

I was thinking of having them apologize here and share a few words, but honestly? I didn't think it'd fit. Also, I find it a bit weird that Jaune didn't at least show some hesitation or reluctance to leave the Ever After.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back