• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Jaune SI BS 10: The Giant Robot New
Nora tries to sneak into the kitchen in the common room after hours. She opens the fridge... Reaches for the frozen pancakes...

SNAP!

Nora: "OW!" She waves her hand, where a mousetrap is stuck on "Owowowow!"

Jaune: Glares at her "I told you, Nora. You're grounded... Also how does that even hurt? You have Aura."

Nora: "It was funnier?"

Jaune: "... I guess I can't argue with that."

Nora: "PLEASE JAUNE-JAUNE! GIVE ME PANCAKES!" Falls to her knees in front of him and sobs "I'LL BECOME YOUR SLAVE!"

Jaune: "I-I don't need one of those and I'm not gonna NTR Ren!"

Nora: "HE'S INTO THAT!"

Jaune: "I... He's what?!

Nora: "Well... He might be!"

Jaune: "WELL I'M NOT ASKING HIM!"

- - -

Cardin is grumbling to himself... When Jaune walks up to him.

Jaune: "Yo, Cardin."

Cardin: "What do you want, Arc?"

Jaune: "I have beer and guns. Wanna go do something stupid?"

Cardin: "... Sure thing!"

Later, at a campfire, Team CRDL, Ren, Jaune and Sun are chilling out with beer.

Sky: "I just... I think she's kind of neat, ya know?"

Jaune: "Then ask her out, dumbass."

Sky: "But she's with Team NDGO!"

Jaune: "Wait, that's who you're talking about? Fuck, no, do not stick in evil and crazy, bro."

Dove: "I have been telling him the same thing."

Russell: "Totally. I don't even know why Adel is hitting on me. She's supposed to be a lesbian!"

Sky: "Statistically speaking, she's more likely to be bi than lesbian given how few true blue lesbians there are. Or true blue gay dudes there are. It's like a spectrum or something."

Russell: "Yeah and you're a rainbow gaywad!"

Sky: "I AM NOT!"

Cardin: "So... Uh... Jauney... I wanna ask your help."

Jaune: "Me? With what?"

Cardin: "Well you went on a date with Xiao-Long... Can you help me with the girls?"

Sun: "Why aren't you asking me? I went on a date with Blake!"

Jaune: "That was more like you both being temporarily homeless."

Russell: "Plus, you want that chick? Really? Her?"

Sky: "Her booty is amazing though!"

Russell: "It's more that she's part of Arc's harem."

Jaune: "I don't have a harem! Fuck's sake, just because Great-Grandpa had three wives does not mean I will! My dad only has my mom!"

Sun: "She-She totally isn't into Jaune anyway! She wore that collar for me!"

Dove: sips beer "I take back what I said, Sky. You're not a simp next to him."

Sun: "I'M NOT A SIMP!"

Cardin: "Anyway, come on Jaune! Help me with the girl!"

Jaune: "Who is it?"

Cardin: "Um..."

Ren: "If it's Nora, I will have to murder you."

Cardin: "NO IT'S NOT NORA!"

Jaune: "Though good on you, Ren! You made a move?"

Ren: "... Kind of?"

Russell: "OI! Come on, Pinkeye! Just tell her you wanna be together!"

Ren: "I don't want to ruin thirteen years of friendship."

Sky: "She's your childhood friend too?! Why do you guys get all the luck?!"

Jaune: "Who is it, Cardin?"

Cardin: "... Um... Well, uh, she's in the year ahead of us... Has a really neat Semblance and um..."

Jaune: "... You're shitting me. Velvet?! You pulled on her ears, dude!"

Cardin: "Well I got nervous and my family's got some history with the Faunus and-and I don't know what the fuck to do!"

Dove: "Ask her out."

Russell: "Ya damn pussy!"

Cardin: "Says the guy running from Adel!"

Russell: "She's terrifying! I'm not gonna be her dress up doll! Even if she hot as fuck and bisexual!"

Jaune: sighs "Cardin? Just go ask her out. Hand her flowers. Say you just wanted to get her attention but you went overboard. Maybe she'll give you a chance."

Cardin: "That worked for you with your harem?"

Jaune: "I DON'T HAVE A HAREM. I just asked Yang out on a date after flirting with her! It's no big deal! And I don't know why Blake is wearing a collar!"

Sun: "She's doing it for me! ME!"

Russell: "I really fucking doubt it, Abs-Boy."

Sun: "LEAST I HAVE ABS!"

Ren: sips his beer "... Why did we want to hang out with guys again?"

Jaune: "Because Ruby got into my childhood photos my sisters sent and I'm not crossdressing again... Unless it's to save the world or something."

Ren: "Or if your harem is into that."

Jaune: "Et tu, Ren?"

When our heroes try to infiltrate a White Fang meeting... They bring the police with them. Unfortunately, Roman whips out the Paladin mech and chaos ensues. Roman blasts apart the warehouse and JNPR and RWBY barely escape the falling rubble.

Or at least, most of them did.

Pyrrha: "Jaune?! JAUNE! WHERE'S JAUNE?!"

Nora: "JAUNE?!"

Ruby: "JAUNE!"

Yang: "JAUNE!"

Roman's Paladin strides out, carrying the limp body of Sun Wukong.

Blake: "SUN!"

Roman: "You girls gotta get tougher boyfriends if I can wreck them like this. Oh well! Time to die~."

BEEP BEEP!

Roman: "What the-?!"

A heavy semi-truck rams into the Paladin at high speed. Jaune, carrying a large backpack, jumps out of the driver's seat just in time before it hits and explodes.

Jaune: "SHOOT THE FUCKER!"

Everyone opens fire on the mech as it tries to free itself from the wreckage.

Roman: "HAHA! CLEVER, BRATS! BUT YOU'D BETTER BE PACKING SOMETHING EXTRA BESIDES A TRUCK TO TAKE ME DOWN!"

Jaune: "Actually? We did."

He pulls out an anti-armor rocket launcher and takes aim as everyone else keeps firing on Roman.

Roman: "Oh. Well shi-"

Jaune fires. The armor piercing warhead punches through the armor on the mech's drive system. With a massive explosion, the mech goes limp and loses all power.

Jaune: "... Bit of a design flaw, that."

Yang: snerk "Remind me to send a complaint to the Atlasian Military."

Jaune: "Totally."

Ruby: "Awww... Jaune!"

Jaune: "What?"

Ruby: "I wanted to have a cool fight with the giant robot!" pouts

Nora: "Me too!" Also pouts

Jaune: "Well then, next time make sure it's not in a heavily populated area. And bring anti-armor weapons with you."

Ruby: "Maybe I will!"

Nora: "Can I have an advance on my allowance?"

Jaune: "Only if you're good."

Blake and Weiss give Jaune suspicious looks.

Jaune: "... Yes?"

Blake: "How did you know there would be a giant mecha here?"

Jaune: "I didn't know. I just figured that if the White Fang are getting a lot of weapons from somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. In this case, having a giant armored weapon to deal with. At most I thought it would be like one of those cheap-ass Mistralian tanks with the legs that kind of work: Not a Paladin!"

Weiss: "... I suppose that's sensible." nods "You were right to be paranoid."

Jaune: "It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you."

Blake: "Who?"

Jaune: "Well gee, given that Weiss is numero uno target for the White Fang and Blake left them, it seems like they'd be all too happy to go after you two! Also your friends! Speaking of, Blake? Your boyfriend is badly injured, maybe we should tend to him?"

Blake: "O-Oh! Right!"

Weiss: "So self centered."

Blake: "You didn't notice until Jaune pointed it out!"

Weiss: "I was a little preoccupied!"

Pyrrha smiles warmly at Jaune as he starts first aid on Sun.

Pyrrha: "You did very well, Jaune."

Jaune: beams "Thanks Pyrrha. Anything to keep the ones I love safe."

Much blushing from the women around ensues.

Sun: "Ugh... Hey Jaune... Thanks for the save."

Jaune: "Hey, I'm not letting my friends get killed by a giant robot. It'd look bad on my resume!"

Sun: "Can't say I'm uh... I'm comfortable with a dude saying they love me."

Jaune: "It's friendly love, bro. You know, bro-mance? Like what you have with Neptune, except I'm straight."

Sun: "Heh. Funny."

Weiss: "NEPTUNE IS PERFECTLY STRAIGHT!"

Jaune: "His dress sense says otherwise."

Weiss: "Y-You're just upset he's manlier than you!"

A pause... Then much laughter ensues.

Weiss: "HEY!"

Jaune: "Sure Princess, sure."

Blake: "Wait, I thought I was the Princess?"

Jaune: "You both are."

Sun: pained scowl "Bro..."

Jaune: "Oh relax Sun, I'm not stealing another man's girl."

Blake: quickly "I'm not his girl."

Sun: "Urk... The pain...!"

Jaune: "I think those are your ribs. Also geez Blake, ya gotta be all tsundere when he's like this? At least give him a lap pillow while he's injured."

Blake: "I-I'm sorry! I'm not good at this stuff!"

Sun: smiles "I like you for it anyway."

Blake: "Now is not the time to flirt!"

Yang: "It's always the time to flirt!"

Sun: "Oh, also... Where did Roman go?"

They search... But the red haired criminal is long gone.

Jaune: "Oh wow, we are bad at this."

Sun: "Urgh... I'm never gonna be a Junior Detective at this rate..."

Jaune SI BS 11: The Infiltrators New
When our heroes try to infiltrate a White Fang meeting... They bring the police with them. Unfortunately, Roman whips out the Paladin mech and chaos ensues. Roman blasts apart the warehouse and JNPR and RWBY barely escape the falling rubble.

Or at least, most of them did.

Pyrrha: "Jaune?! JAUNE! WHERE'S JAUNE?!"

Nora: "JAUNE?!"

Ruby: "JAUNE!"

Yang: "JAUNE!"

Roman's Paladin strides out, carrying the limp body of Sun Wukong.

Blake: "SUN!"

Roman: "You girls gotta get tougher boyfriends if I can wreck them like this. Oh well! Time to die~."

BEEP BEEP!

Roman: "What the-?!"

A heavy semi-truck rams into the Paladin at high speed. Jaune, carrying a large backpack, jumps out of the driver's seat just in time before it hits and explodes.

Jaune: "SHOOT THE FUCKER!"

Everyone opens fire on the mech as it tries to free itself from the wreckage.

Roman: "HAHA! CLEVER, BRATS! BUT YOU'D BETTER BE PACKING SOMETHING EXTRA BESIDES A TRUCK TO TAKE ME DOWN!"

Jaune: "Actually? We did."

He pulls out an anti-armor rocket launcher and takes aim as everyone else keeps firing on Roman.

Roman: "Oh. Well shi-"

Jaune fires. The armor piercing warhead punches through the armor on the mech's drive system. With a massive explosion, the mech goes limp and loses all power.

Jaune: "... Bit of a design flaw, that."

Yang: snerk "Remind me to send a complaint to the Atlasian Military."

Jaune: "Totally."

Ruby: "Awww... Jaune!"

Jaune: "What?"

Ruby: "I wanted to have a cool fight with the giant robot!" pouts

Nora: "Me too!" Also pouts

Jaune: "Well then, next time make sure it's not in a heavily populated area. And bring anti-armor weapons with you."

Ruby: "Maybe I will!"

Nora: "Can I have an advance on my allowance?"

Jaune: "Only if you're good."

Blake and Weiss give Jaune suspicious looks.

Jaune: "... Yes?"

Blake: "How did you know there would be a giant mecha here?"

Jaune: "I didn't know. I just figured that if the White Fang are getting a lot of weapons from somewhere, it wouldn't hurt to prepare for the absolute worst case scenario. In this case, having a giant armored weapon to deal with. At most I thought it would be like one of those cheap-ass Mistralian tanks with the legs that kind of work: Not a Paladin!"

Weiss: "... I suppose that's sensible." nods "You were right to be paranoid."

Jaune: "It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you."

Blake: "Who?"

Jaune: "Well gee, given that Weiss is numero uno target for the White Fang and Blake left them, it seems like they'd be all too happy to go after you two! Also your friends! Speaking of, Blake? Your boyfriend is badly injured, maybe we should tend to him?"

Blake: "O-Oh! Right!"

Weiss: "So self centered."

Blake: "You didn't notice until Jaune pointed it out!"

Weiss: "I was a little preoccupied!"

Pyrrha smiles warmly at Jaune as he starts first aid on Sun.

Pyrrha: "You did very well, Jaune."

Jaune: beams "Thanks Pyrrha. Anything to keep the ones I love safe."

Much blushing from the women around ensues.

Sun: "Ugh... Hey Jaune... Thanks for the save."

Jaune: "Hey, I'm not letting my friends get killed by a giant robot. It'd look bad on my resume!"

Sun: "Can't say I'm uh... I'm comfortable with a dude saying they love me."

Jaune: "It's friendly love, bro. You know, bro-mance? Like what you have with Neptune, except I'm straight."

Sun: "Heh. Funny."

Weiss: "NEPTUNE IS PERFECTLY STRAIGHT!"

Jaune: "His dress sense says otherwise."

Weiss: "Y-You're just upset he's manlier than you!"

A pause... Then much laughter ensues.

Weiss: "HEY!"

Jaune: "Sure Princess, sure."

Blake: "Wait, I thought I was the Princess?"

Jaune: "You both are."

Sun: pained scowl "Bro..."

Jaune: "Oh relax Sun, I'm not stealing another man's girl."

Blake: quickly "I'm not his girl."

Sun: "Urk... The pain...!"

Jaune: "I think those are your ribs. Also geez Blake, ya gotta be all tsundere when he's like this? At least give him a lap pillow while he's injured."

Blake: "I-I'm sorry! I'm not good at this stuff!"

Sun: smiles "I like you for it anyway."

Blake: "Now is not the time to flirt!"

Yang: "It's always the time to flirt!"

Sun: "Oh, also... Where did Roman go?"

They search... But the red haired criminal is long gone.

Jaune: "Oh wow, we are bad at this."

Sun: "Urgh... I'm never gonna be a Junior Detective at this rate..."

Jaune was brooding over some things as he often did in the common room. The door was open and he could see many of the exchange students wandering the halls. This was part of the reason for his brooding.

A few hours ago in Ozpin's office...

Jaune: "You do realize what I mean by 'Lionheart's a traitor', right?"

Ozpin: "Yes Mister Arc, I am not deaf. However, we cannot simply arrest people based upon nothing more than visions of the future."

Jaune: "You do extra-legal stuff all the time! How is grabbing and taking them into custody for something else not an option?!"

Ozpin: "Because things can quickly get out of control and I do not want to tip our hand to Salem too soon. If she knows her operatives are compromised, that loses us valuable intel. While we are in a position to feed them false information until we can either turn them, or eliminate them at a time of our choosing."

Jaune: scowls "... I hate that you're so reasonable."

Ozpin: smirks "I have been told that many times. In any event... Didn't you say that several operatives of the enemy switched sides to aid us in your visions of the future?"

Jaune: "Well... Yeah... But there's no guarantee we can repeat that!"

Ozpin: "Did you not say that if Miss Fall had just had one person in her life who wasn't 'hilariously over the top evil', she might have turned out for the better?"

Jaune: sulks "... Yes..."

Ozpin: "In that case? You are to make contact with her and try to guide her into thinking what we want her to think. You're already so adept at deception I do not think it will be a serious challenge for you. Besides... If you do it while she's at Beacon? She's in our power and the risk to you or anyone else is minimal."

Jaune: sighs "... All right. I'll give it my best shot."

Ozpin: "That is all I ask. Also, one other thing?"

Jaune: "You're asking a LOT of favors of your only oracle, you know."

Ozpin: "An oracle who wishes to prevent the terrible future, correct?"

Jaune: sighs "Yes sir."

Ozpin: "I want you to help me with your parents and godparents. While in their youth they were too... Destructive to recruit, I believe that if things get as bad as you say, it would be good to have some of the most powerful Hunters and Huntresses around united and organized on our side."

Jaune: "I mean, that'll be a tall order. Mom never trusted you because of how Nana saw you, and Dad goes along with her. And Uncle Arjun-"

Ozpin: "I believe evidence of Lionheart's treachery will suffice to get him on our side. Not that I'll have you relate that to him."

Jaune: "... I'll see what I can do."

Ozpin: "Thank you."

In the present, Pyrrha sits down with Jaune as he strums his guitar.

Pyrrha: "Hello Jaune."

Jaune: "Oh, hey Pyr. You okay?"

Pyrrha: smiles "Just fine. Are you okay? You seem to be waiting for something... Or someone. Are... Are you meeting with Yang?"

Jaune: "Not today. I've got a-"

Cinder walks down the hallway, looking like she's lost. Emerald and Mercury are with her.

Jaune: Crap... It's go time but with Pyrrha here...!

Jaune: "... Pyr? I need to ask you a favor."

Pyrrha: "Anything, Jaune."

Jaune: "You seriously need to stop answering like that... Just... Do you trust me?"

Pyrrha: "With my life."

Jaune winces.

Jaune: "We'll... Work on that too. Just follow my lead and go along with whatever I say or do for now. I promise I'll explain... And apologize."

Pyrrha: confused, but nods "Sure."

Jaune: "All right... Come with me." Here we go...

Jaune gets up and walks over to Cinder. Pyrrha follows a step behind. Jaune smiles at Cinder.

Jaune: "Hey! You appear to be lost."

Cinder: "Yes, we are. Could you direct us to dormitory A7?"

Jaune: "Would love to, but there's a much better view in dormitory A12." winks "You can see the whole campus from there."

Cinder: raised eyebrow, humoring smile "I'm sure there is, but we're assigned to A7 and our luggage-"

Jaune: "It'll be fine..." He leans in close and whispers in her ear "Hail Salem."

Cinder's eyes widen in shock. Emerald and Mercury look at one another askance. Cinder recovers first and smiles warmly, but with a hint of menace.

Cinder: "I see... Why don't you show us to A12? I'll take you up on your offer after all."

Jaune: "Sounds great to me."

They all walk into the dormroom, Jaune and Pyrrha going first. Cinder shuts the door behind her while Emerald and Mercury flank her, ready for a fight.

Cinder: "All right, talk. Who are you and why are you here?!"

Jaune: "That's my question. I can't believe...!" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Of course... Hang on, let me make sure we're clear."

He pulls out a fidget widget toy and clicks it. Pyrrha helpfully increases the magnetic field strength around them with a noticeable hum.

Jaune: "Okay. I checked this place for bugs before but it never hurts to be careful. I'm Jaune Arc. I'm Salem's source inside Beacon."

Cinder's eyes narrow as Emerald scoffs and Mercury smirks.

Mercury: "Seriously?"

Jaune: "Your prosthetic legs need some work, dude. Your father was truly the biggest asshole imaginable if he thought those were decent replacements."

Mercury's jaw drops. Jaune looked to Emerald.

Jaune: "Vacuo, the market street. You figured out your Semblance there."

Emerald's eyes widened. He then locked onto Cinder.

Jaune: "Cinder Fall of the Glass Unicorn. Half the Maiden powers are in your possession, and you're here for the other half and the Relic."

Cinder sucked in a breath. She looked over at Pyrrha and then at Jaune. Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "Relax... She's with us."

Cinder: "If you know all this then... Then why are you here? Why didn't she tell me about you?"

Jaune: "She didn't tell me about you, either! I didn't know we were supposed to be here at the same time!" Jaune groans "Great... Maybe the old crone is going senile after thousands of years."

Cinder: "... What was your goal then?"

Jaune: shrugs "I was sent here to gather intel and get the Maiden candidates wrapped around my finger. Also, to find the Relic."

Jaune reaches out and cups Pyrrha's cheek.

Jaune: "As you can see... I've got one under my spell~... Don't I, Pyrrha dear~?"

Pyrrha flushes bright red, and smiles lovingly at Jaune. She leans into his touch and nuzzles his hand.

Pyrrha: "Mmmm... Master~..."

Jaune: "Sit."

Pyrrha doesn't even hesitate, sitting like a dog on the floor.

Jaune: "Roll over."

Pyrrha rolls over.

Jaune: "Sit up and beg."

Pyrrha again doesn't even blink, sitting up on her knees panting with her hands up.

Pyrrha: "Master~!"

Cinder gapes in shock. Mercury flushes and smirks, while Emerald gapes and looks... Almost longingly?

Cinder: "How-?"

Jaune: "Just some old fashioned psychology. Helps that my mom's a doctor. It turns out that she was the ideal Maiden candidate for Ozpin: Incredibly powerful, well trained... And with barely a will of her own. She latched onto me the moment I showed her some true kindness and love. The rest was easy." He affectionately rubs Pyrrha's head "But she's not the only candidate. Ruby Rose, the girl with the Silver Eyes, and her team are others. I'm working on her and her sister, too."

Mercury: "Woah... So she's totally into you?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha? Tell them how you really feel about me."

Pyrrha: brightly "I love Master. I feel safe and loved with him. I'll die for him, and kill for him. He only needs to ask~."

Jaune: Okay, that sounded worryingly intense... But it looks like they're buying it.

Mercury: "Man... Slick."

Cinder: "It is impressive... To see the mighty Pyrrha Nikos so humbled." She smirks at her, and then gives Jaune a considering look "Why this thorough?"

Jaune: shrugs "Imagine Ozpin's face when his pet Maiden Candidates all turn against him."

Cinder: "Yes... But I want the full Maiden powers. Where is she? And where is the Relic?"

Jaune sighs.

Jaune: "That's trickier... Ozpin's tower is the obvious location. Getting access to it is difficult, but doable. He's got a special relationship with these Maiden candidates, after all. You just need to keep raising hell and keep Ozpin distracted. As for the Relic...?"

Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "I don't think it's here anymore."

Cinder: "What?!"

Jaune: "I managed to snag these photos." He pulls them out and hands them over. Cinder looks them over. They do indeed show Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow moving an item out of the tower at night to a Bullhead. In a crate just big enough for a Relic to be held inside. "Now, I don't know one hundred percent that they removed it, but they went to a LOT of trouble to move this thing in a clandestine manner."

Cinder: "But-How did they open the Vault?"

Jaune: "Magic, I'm guessing. I'm working on getting more intel." At Cinder's scowl he holds up his hands "I know, I know. But this can't be rushed. Ozpin's already trying to use me to get my parents and godparents to work for him. I'm under a lot of scrutiny. He's not dumb."

Emerald: "Maybe we can take the heat off you. You've done MORE than enough-"

Jaune: "Not how it works, Sweetheart. I got this far without raising any suspicion. It'll take too long to get you up to speed. Like it or not? We have to work together on this."

A long pause ensues. Before Cinder sighs.

Cinder: "Very well. This isn't the first time she hasn't told me her full plans."

Jaune: "Heh, I bet that's a feature, not a bug."

Cinder: "Indeed. Do you have intel on the CCT Systems at least?"

Jaune: "What for? You gonna get in there and do something nasty?"

CInder: "Something like that."

Jaune: "Give me a week or two and I'll make it so you can just walk right in. Deal?"

Cinder: "... Deal." She reaches out to him "I did not expect the last of the Arc family to work for our mistress."

Jaune pauses, then slowly reaches out to take her hand.

Jaune: "It's a long story."

Cinder: "Perhaps you can tell me it sometime... Over dinner?"

Jaune: "I'll have to convince my girlfriend but... Doable."

Cinder: smirks, raised eyebrow "You are ambitious?"

Jaune: smirks and shrugs "It's in my blood."

Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury leave. Jaune and Pyrrha follow. Jaune guides her outside, and they walk out of the grounds.

Jaune: "Okay... I don't know for sure if they have someone tailing us but-"

Pyrrha: "I can't sense anyone around with my Semblance. No one in earshot, anyway."

Jaune: "Oh... Cool. You can do that?"

Pyrrha: nods "I can."

Jaune: deep breath "Pyrrha... I am very sorry I had to humiliate you like that. Thank you so much for going along-This is really big. These guys... They're big trouble. All the recent bad shit going down? They're behind it, and they're aiming for something even worse. I... I wish I could tell you everything but-"

Pyrrha: smiles "You asked if I trusted you, Jaune. I answered. That answer hasn't changed. I know you'd only go to such lengths to protect people."

Jaune: "Oh... That's good."

Pyrrha: "And uh..." bright red "Um... Well... Strangely... All my life, I've... Resented others being in control. But with you? I... I'm all right with it. Because... I know I can trust you completely... I-I think I-I might-"

Jaune: "Woah woah woah!" Jaune waves his hands "Look. Pyrrha, I... I care deeply about you, too. But I'm not some jerk making a harem. I love Yang too. If... If we break up, give me two weeks to recover and then we'll try dating. But please... I don't want you to trade one master for another!"

Pyrrha: blush "I... I see... Though, um... If... We could all be in a relationship... Even if I was just the side piece... Wouldn't that help your mission?"

Jaune: "... No offense Pyrrha but I kind of want to beat the shit out of your parents."

Pyrrha: beams "Really?!"

Jaune: "Yes." sighs "We'll... Work on that later. For now though? Let's just keep this quiet, okay?"

Pyrrha: giggles "As my Master wishes~."

Jaune: groans "Please tell me you're just messing with me?"

Pyrrha: "That's my secret."

Jaune: "I've created a monster."

Batman!Jaune New

- - -

"It's pretty simple," Blake began, "This rally is going to turn violent. They'll be providing the White Fang members with Atlasian military weapons. If we can infiltrate it, we might be able to stop it."

"I dunno, Blake," Ruby hummed as she looked over what intel Blake had managed to gather projected on the holoscreen in their dorm, "We might be facing an entire army."

"And you're not gung ho about it?" Blake asked in surprise. Weiss sniffed.

"Seems she finally got some common sense," the Atlasian heiress stated. Ruby glared.

"Hey! I've always had common sense! I'm just saying, we're gonna be heavily outnumbered here!"

"Sun will help," Blake said carefully.

"Your simp boyfriend? That's a big help," Yang said dryly, "Like the sun peeking up over the mountains."

"He's-He's not my boyfriend and he's not a simp!" Blake said defensively, her pale cheeks red. She glared. "Besides, we can't ALL have the attention of a boy billionaire!"

Yang flushed deeply.

"What? I was just-just friendly with Jaune when he visited!"

Blake scowled deeply. Ruby sighed. For some reason, Blake was very irritated with Jaune Arc whenever he visited Beacon. The guy was an investor in the Hunter Academy so it was his right to visit. Plus, he was actually pretty cool! Despite being a CEO, he was their age and liked video games and comics! How could Ruby NOT like him?

He was also very friendly with Yang, as he loved motorcycles too. In fact, he'd been polite to everyone! Especially Blake!

It just didn't make sense.

"Though," Yang hummed, "I think I agree with Ruby on this. We're gonna need some help with your plan."

"Like calling the proper authorities and letting them handle it?" Weiss deadpanned. Blake scowled at her.

"This-This is a mess I-We can handle!"

"Oh my, what a flip!" Weiss snarked. "All about you, isn't it? Even wanting to die like a pretty little heroine in your porn books-"

"THEY'RE NOT PORN!" Blake seethed.

As Blake and Weiss argued and Ruby did her best to mediate, Yang sighed. Ruby was doing her best but... The truth was? They weren't the best at being vigilantes.

Fortunately, she knew someone who was.

- - -

The machine was big. It was brutal. It was boxy and built to withstand anything short of a nuclear weapon. It was something Arc Enterprises had been working on for a while as a special project for the Valean Defense Force, but like so many such systems, it was halted when the strategic need failed to justify the expense.

And so it had sat in some warehouse for almost ten years... Before Jaune found it.

It had required some updating. That had been a long project for Avery and himself, that was for sure. Miles, the mechanic, had gotten the drive train functional again-Fortunately it wasn't anything too exotic otherwise Jaune would have abandoned it.

But now it was operational, and rumbling its way down from the Arc Manor into Vale proper.

"Everything all right, sir?" Avery, his loyal butler, asked over the radio. Batman looked over the display screens carefully.

"Yes. Purrs like a kitten. My compliments to Miles."

"Well he was former Atlasian Military Engineering Corps," Avery said, "This probably was a breeze next to those monstrosities. Are you sure you won't arrive too late? Miss Xiao-Long and Miss Rose can be... Rather impulsive."

Batman smirked a little as the massive vehicle rolled through the trees, grinding a Beowulf to dust with barely a bump.

"I'm keeping an eye on things. I expect I'll get there right in the nick of time."

"Ah, so your usual timing," Avery sighed, "You know, you could try to be more early for your rescues."

"Believe me Avery, I'm working on it."

- - -

Roman Torchwick cackled at the holoscreens. There was something to the joy of going around in a giant robot and causing wanton destruction. Granted, he'd just activated the Paladin and was just now opening fire, but still!

"Never gonna tease those mecha nerds again," he laughed, unleashing cannon fire on that blond Faunus who had run in with the Kitty Kat.

"Bad choice of girlfriends, buddy! I should know!" He taunted, even as Kitty Kat opened fire with her pistol through a crowd of clones. The other White Fang members were scattering or firing on them. He was sure Red would be along shortly, but why wait?

"So, who wants to see this baby's flame thrower? I know I do!" Roman cackled. He powered up the Fire Dust and was just about to let loose... When the far wall of the warehouse was flattened. Something huge, black, and menacing smashed right through, driving on tank treads.

Bright lights ignited atop of it, in between two points that resembled... Bat Ears?

"Oh no," Roman muttered, as the vehicle's speakers came to life and a familiar gruff voice echoed through the building.

"White Fang. Surrender now, or be destroyed," Batman spoke. The White Fang jeered and yelled. Several opened fire on him with the Atlasian weapons. They bounced off the tank's hull uselessly. Roman shook his head and held up the cannon arm of his mech.

"If you want something done right," he muttered. He fired a missile which streaked right for the Bat-Tank. It exploded on impact, enveloping the Bat-Tank in flames and smoke. Roman smirked.

"HA! What do you say to that, Bats?!" He taunted.

The smoke cleared... And the unharmed Bat-Tank still stood there.

Roman's jaw dropped.

The Bat-Tank's Auto turrets activated and began to fire, hitting and downing White Fang members.

"Those are rubber bullets," Batman stated calmly, as twin heavy cannons on the "nose" of the vehicle rose.

"These are not."

Two blasts hit Roman dead center and forced the Paladin back. His screen became filled with red damage report alerts and he saw smoking holes in the armor. His eyes widened as he realized his ammo was about to cook off.

"Or... Maybe we could talk this out?" He offered.

Batman's reply was brief.

"No."

- - -

I decided to help out GentlemanRogue with his writing a little. Making use of one of my favorite scenes from Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns":

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCS05xdcG0

Jaune SI BS 12: To Be a Man... New
Jaune was brooding over some things as he often did in the common room. The door was open and he could see many of the exchange students wandering the halls. This was part of the reason for his brooding.

A few hours ago in Ozpin's office...

Jaune: "You do realize what I mean by 'Lionheart's a traitor', right?"

Ozpin: "Yes Mister Arc, I am not deaf. However, we cannot simply arrest people based upon nothing more than visions of the future."

Jaune: "You do extra-legal stuff all the time! How is grabbing and taking them into custody for something else not an option?!"

Ozpin: "Because things can quickly get out of control and I do not want to tip our hand to Salem too soon. If she knows her operatives are compromised, that loses us valuable intel. While we are in a position to feed them false information until we can either turn them, or eliminate them at a time of our choosing."

Jaune: scowls "... I hate that you're so reasonable."

Ozpin: smirks "I have been told that many times. In any event... Didn't you say that several operatives of the enemy switched sides to aid us in your visions of the future?"

Jaune: "Well... Yeah... But there's no guarantee we can repeat that!"

Ozpin: "Did you not say that if Miss Fall had just had one person in her life who wasn't 'hilariously over the top evil', she might have turned out for the better?"

Jaune: sulks "... Yes..."

Ozpin: "In that case? You are to make contact with her and try to guide her into thinking what we want her to think. You're already so adept at deception I do not think it will be a serious challenge for you. Besides... If you do it while she's at Beacon? She's in our power and the risk to you or anyone else is minimal."

Jaune: sighs "... All right. I'll give it my best shot."

Ozpin: "That is all I ask. Also, one other thing?"

Jaune: "You're asking a LOT of favors of your only oracle, you know."

Ozpin: "An oracle who wishes to prevent the terrible future, correct?"

Jaune: sighs "Yes sir."

Ozpin: "I want you to help me with your parents and godparents. While in their youth they were too... Destructive to recruit, I believe that if things get as bad as you say, it would be good to have some of the most powerful Hunters and Huntresses around united and organized on our side."

Jaune: "I mean, that'll be a tall order. Mom never trusted you because of how Nana saw you, and Dad goes along with her. And Uncle Arjun-"

Ozpin: "I believe evidence of Lionheart's treachery will suffice to get him on our side. Not that I'll have you relate that to him."

Jaune: "... I'll see what I can do."

Ozpin: "Thank you."

In the present, Pyrrha sits down with Jaune as he strums his guitar.

Pyrrha: "Hello Jaune."

Jaune: "Oh, hey Pyr. You okay?"

Pyrrha: smiles "Just fine. Are you okay? You seem to be waiting for something... Or someone. Are... Are you meeting with Yang?"

Jaune: "Not today. I've got a-"

Cinder walks down the hallway, looking like she's lost. Emerald and Mercury are with her.

Jaune: Crap... It's go time but with Pyrrha here...!

Jaune: "... Pyr? I need to ask you a favor."

Pyrrha: "Anything, Jaune."

Jaune: "You seriously need to stop answering like that... Just... Do you trust me?"

Pyrrha: "With my life."

Jaune winces.

Jaune: "We'll... Work on that too. Just follow my lead and go along with whatever I say or do for now. I promise I'll explain... And apologize."

Pyrrha: confused, but nods "Sure."

Jaune: "All right... Come with me." Here we go...

Jaune gets up and walks over to Cinder. Pyrrha follows a step behind. Jaune smiles at Cinder.

Jaune: "Hey! You appear to be lost."

Cinder: "Yes, we are. Could you direct us to dormitory A7?"

Jaune: "Would love to, but there's a much better view in dormitory A12." winks "You can see the whole campus from there."

Cinder: raised eyebrow, humoring smile "I'm sure there is, but we're assigned to A7 and our luggage-"

Jaune: "It'll be fine..." He leans in close and whispers in her ear "Hail Salem."

Cinder's eyes widen in shock. Emerald and Mercury look at one another askance. Cinder recovers first and smiles warmly, but with a hint of menace.

Cinder: "I see... Why don't you show us to A12? I'll take you up on your offer after all."

Jaune: "Sounds great to me."

They all walk into the dormroom, Jaune and Pyrrha going first. Cinder shuts the door behind her while Emerald and Mercury flank her, ready for a fight.

Cinder: "All right, talk. Who are you and why are you here?!"

Jaune: "That's my question. I can't believe...!" He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "Of course... Hang on, let me make sure we're clear."

He pulls out a fidget widget toy and clicks it. Pyrrha helpfully increases the magnetic field strength around them with a noticeable hum.

Jaune: "Okay. I checked this place for bugs before but it never hurts to be careful. I'm Jaune Arc. I'm Salem's source inside Beacon."

Cinder's eyes narrow as Emerald scoffs and Mercury smirks.

Mercury: "Seriously?"

Jaune: "Your prosthetic legs need some work, dude. Your father was truly the biggest asshole imaginable if he thought those were decent replacements."

Mercury's jaw drops. Jaune looked to Emerald.

Jaune: "Vacuo, the market street. You figured out your Semblance there."

Emerald's eyes widened. He then locked onto Cinder.

Jaune: "Cinder Fall of the Glass Unicorn. Half the Maiden powers are in your possession, and you're here for the other half and the Relic."

Cinder sucked in a breath. She looked over at Pyrrha and then at Jaune. Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "Relax... She's with us."

Cinder: "If you know all this then... Then why are you here? Why didn't she tell me about you?"

Jaune: "She didn't tell me about you, either! I didn't know we were supposed to be here at the same time!" Jaune groans "Great... Maybe the old crone is going senile after thousands of years."

Cinder: "... What was your goal then?"

Jaune: shrugs "I was sent here to gather intel and get the Maiden candidates wrapped around my finger."

Jaune reaches out and cups Pyrrha's cheek.

Jaune: "As you can see... I've got one under my spell~... Don't I, Pyrrha dear~?"

Pyrrha flushes bright red, and smiles lovingly at Jaune. She leans into his touch and nuzzles his hand.

Pyrrha: "Mmmm... Master~..."

Jaune: "Sit."

Pyrrha doesn't even hesitate, sitting like a dog on the floor.

Jaune: "Roll over."

Pyrrha rolls over.

Jaune: "Sit up and beg."

Pyrrha again doesn't even blink, sitting up on her knees panting with her hands up.

Pyrrha: "Master~!"

Jaune pats her head.

Jaune: "Such a good girl."

Pyrrha: beams

Cinder gapes in shock. Mercury flushes and smirks, while Emerald gapes and looks... Almost longingly?

Cinder: "How-?"

Jaune: "Just some old fashioned psychology. Helps that my mom's a doctor. It turns out that she was the ideal Maiden candidate for Ozpin: Incredibly powerful, well trained... And with barely a will of her own. She latched onto me the moment I showed her some true kindness and love. The rest was easy." He affectionately rubs Pyrrha's head "But she's not the only candidate. Ruby Rose, the girl with the Silver Eyes, and her team are others. I'm working on her and her sister, too."

Mercury: "Woah... So she's totally into you?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha? Tell them how you really feel about me."

Pyrrha: brightly "I love Master. I feel safe and loved with him. I'll die for him, and kill for him. He only needs to ask~."

Jaune: Okay, that sounded worryingly intense... But it looks like they're buying it.

Mercury: "Man... Slick."

Cinder: "It is impressive... To see the mighty Pyrrha Nikos so humbled." She smirks at her, and then gives Jaune a considering look "Why this thorough?"

Jaune: shrugs "Imagine Ozpin's face when his pet Maiden Candidates all turn against him."

Cinder: "Yes... But I want the full Maiden powers. Where is she? And where is the Relic?"

Jaune sighs.

Jaune: "That's trickier... Ozpin's tower is the obvious location. Getting access to it is difficult, but doable. He's got a special relationship with these Maiden candidates, after all. You just need to keep raising hell and keep Ozpin distracted. As for the Relic...?"

Jaune shook his head.

Jaune: "I don't think it's here anymore."

Cinder: "What?!"

Jaune: "I managed to snag these photos." He pulls them out and hands them over. Cinder looks them over. They do indeed show Ozpin, Glynda, and Qrow moving an item out of the tower at night to a Bullhead. In a crate just big enough for a Relic to be held inside. "Now, I don't know one hundred percent that they removed it, but they went to a LOT of trouble to move this thing in a clandestine manner."

Cinder: "But-How did they open the Vault?"

Jaune: "Magic, I'm guessing. I'm working on getting more intel." At Cinder's scowl he holds up his hands "I know, I know. But this can't be rushed. Ozpin's already trying to use me to get my parents and godparents to work for him. I'm under a lot of scrutiny. He's not dumb."

Emerald: "Maybe we can take the heat off you. You've done MORE than enough-"

Jaune: "Not how it works, Sweetheart. I got this far without raising any suspicion. It'll take too long to get you up to speed. Like it or not? We have to work together on this."

A long pause ensues. Before Cinder sighs.

Cinder: "Very well. This isn't the first time she hasn't told me her full plans."

Jaune: "Heh, I bet that's a feature, not a bug."

Cinder: "Indeed. Do you have intel on the CCT Systems at least?"

Jaune: "What for? You gonna get in there and do something nasty?"

CInder: "Something like that."

Jaune: "Give me a week or two and I'll make it so you can just walk right in. Deal?"

Cinder: "... Deal." She reaches out to him "I did not expect the last of the Arc family to work for our mistress."

Jaune pauses, then slowly reaches out to take her hand.

Jaune: "It's a long story."

Cinder: "Perhaps you can tell me it sometime... Over dinner?"

Jaune: "I'll have to convince my girlfriend but... Doable."

Cinder: smirks, raised eyebrow "You are ambitious?"

Jaune: smirks and shrugs "It's in my blood."

Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury leave. Jaune and Pyrrha follow. Jaune guides her outside, and they walk out of the grounds.

Jaune: "Okay... I don't know for sure if they have someone tailing us but-"

Pyrrha: "I can't sense anyone around with my Semblance. No one in earshot, anyway."

Jaune: "Oh... Cool. You can do that?"

Pyrrha: nods "I can."

Jaune: deep breath "Pyrrha... I am very sorry I had to humiliate you like that. Thank you so much for going along-This is really big. These guys... They're big trouble. All the recent bad shit going down? They're behind it, and they're aiming for something even worse. I... I wish I could tell you everything but-"

Pyrrha: smiles "You asked if I trusted you, Jaune. I answered. That answer hasn't changed. I know you'd only go to such lengths to protect people."

Jaune: "Oh... That's good."

Pyrrha: "And uh..." bright red "Um... Well... Strangely... All my life, I've... Resented others being in control. But with you? I... I'm all right with it. Because... I know I can trust you completely... I-I think I-I might-"

Jaune: "Woah woah woah!" Jaune waves his hands "Look. Pyrrha, I... I care deeply about you, too. But I'm not some jerk making a harem. I love Yang too. If... If we break up, give me two weeks to recover and then we'll try dating. But please... I don't want you to trade one master for another!"

Pyrrha: blush "I... I see... Though, um... If... We could all be in a relationship... Even if I was just the side piece... Wouldn't that help your mission?"

Jaune: "... No offense Pyrrha but I kind of want to beat the shit out of your parents."

Pyrrha: beams "Really?!"

Jaune: "Yes." sighs "We'll... Work on that later. For now though? Let's just keep this quiet, okay?"

Pyrrha: giggles "As my Master wishes~."

Jaune: groans "Please tell me you're just messing with me?"

Pyrrha: "That's my secret."

Jaune: "I've created a monster."

Yang: "Jaune! Pyrrha."

Yang runs out to them. Jaune smiles.

Jaune: "Hey Yang!"

Pyrrha: "Hello Yang." Polite smile

Yang: "So... Those exchange students, huh? Pretty crazy bunch of bananas-And I don't just mean Sun."

Jaune: "Ha! I get it!"

Yang: "Heh..." Looks between them "So... Doing some training?"

Jaune: "Maybe later. We were just out on a walk."

Pyrrha: "Yes! Since we're partners and all."

Yang: "... I see."

Yang's smile becomes a bit scary. She walks up and grabs Jaune's hand.

Yang: "Mind if I join you?"

Jaune: "Of course not!" smiles

Yang: "Good. Oh, here." Pulls Jaune into a kiss

Jaune: "Mmph! Mmm..."

Pyrrha: twitches

Yang: "Mwah..." Is definitely eying Pyrrha as she breaks the kiss "Good luck kiss before we start on our walk. Wouldn't want anything to happen, now would we?"

Jaune: "N-No, of course not..." Okay... So... She might be a little jealous... Just a little.

Pyrrha glares daggers at Yang even through her smile.

Jaune: And so is Pyrrha... Great. Could things possibly get worse? ... Why did I think that?

- - -

At some point, Weiss storms into the library where JNPR is studying, grabs Jaune, and drags him out.

Jaune: "Ack! Hey, wait a minute-!"

Weiss: "Shut up!"

Weiss drags him out to an empty classroom and slams him against the wall.

Jaune: "Uh... Weiss? What's up-?"

Weiss: "Neptune says you threatened him!"

Jaune: "Eh?"

Weiss: "Yes! Right to his face!"

Jaune: "Huh? Wait, no! I didn't threaten him! I mean, not overtly-"

Weiss: "What did you say?!"

Jaune: "He didn't tell you?"

Weiss: "Well... No!" glares "What was it?"

Jaune: "I just told him to take good care of you and not abuse your trust, okay? And then I... Might have implied bad things would happen if he did abuse your trust! That's all!"

Weiss: "Wha-Why?! You don't even like me!"

Jaune: blinks "Wha-Of course I like you, Weiss!"

Weiss: "Oh please! You made such a big deal out of me leaving you pinned to a tree-"

Jaune: "Which you apologized for when you realized what a bitch that made you-"

Weiss: "You keep insulting me and calling me crude things-!"

Jaune: "You admitted you were being a bitch-!"

Weiss: "And-And what, you don't want me to to be happy-?!"

Jaune: "WEISS! Seriously, shut up for a second, huh?!"

He rests a hand over her mouth. She glares in shock and anger. He pulls his hand away and holds both of them up to appease her.

Jaune: "Weiss, I do care about you. Sure I will be rough from time to time and sure I'll joke with you and be crude on occasion, but I do care. So I just told Neptune if he abused your trust or took advantage of you, bad things would happen. Because you deserve better than that."

Weiss: "I..." blush "... You really think so?"

Jaune: "Yes! Despite everything, you are a good person on the inside. I just know this isn't easy for you."

Weiss: scoffs "How could you know-?"

Jaune: "Your dad's an uncaring sadistic monster who sees you as at best a business asset, your mother is an alcoholic too consumed with her own issues to do her job, your older sister left the family and your younger brother is turning into a mini version of your dad. I leave anything out?"

Weiss stares in shock and disbelief.

Weiss: "You... H-How-?"

Jaune: "My aunt has has followed your family drama for a while. She knows things. How she does? No idea. But I asked her about you and well... I put together the dots. The fact you're still a good person even after all that is a testament to your will, Weiss. You're a strong, good person and you don't deserve to have some jerk play around with and break your heart. That's all."

Weiss: "You... You really think so...?"

Jaune: smiles "I know so."

Weiss is trying not to cry. He hands her a handkerchief. She dries her eyes and blows her nose.

Weiss: "I, um... Thank you... I..." She holds the handkerchief out

Jaune: "Um... Keep it. There are always going to be more tears in the future, but some of them will be joyful." Oh God why did I say that? That's so corny!

Weiss: sniffles, smiles "... Thank you."

Yang enters the classroom, smiling scarily again.

Yang: "Hey Weisscream. Heard you dragged Jaune off."

Weiss: "I uh... It was-"

Jaune: "She just wanted to yell at me for something. You know, the usual."

Yang: angry smile, wraps her arms around Jaune "Oh?"

Jaune: "But we resolved it. Things are cool now, right Weiss?"

Weiss: "Y-yes... Very cool."

Yang: "Good. You had studying to do with Ruby, right?"

Weiss: "Y-yes! I'll get right to it!" She dashes off and shuts the door

Jaune: "... You're hot when you're jealous."

Yang: bright red "I-I'm not jealous!" She kisses him "Mmm... And this is just because kissing is fun!"

Jaune: "It sure is... Heh..." Oh boy...

- - -

Jaune was studying with Nora in the common room.

Nora: "So, you use a 1 to 45 ratio with this mixture of Dust. Any more and you'll set off the entire batch prematurely!"

Jaune: "Wow! I didn't know that, Nora!"

Nora: "Yeah, I learned that the hard way a few times!" grins

Blake: "Ahem. Jaune? May I speak with you?"

Jaune: "Huh? Sure. I'll be right back, Nora."

Nora: "Sure thing Fearless Leader!"

Jaune and Blake walk off to a secluded part of the dorms, a hallway with windows looking out on campus.

Blake: "... I took your advice. I called my parents."

Jaune: smiles "That's great, Blake!"

Blake: "I... It wasn't easy but... But they... They want to meet with me."

Jaune: "Even better!"

Blake: "You-You think so?"

Jaune: "Blake, they love you. They're just people, like you and me. So they make mistakes. But they do truly love you and want you to be happy."

Blake: "Could... Could you go with me to meet them? I-I mean at first? I don't want to overwhelm them and... And I trust you."

Jaune: blinks "You do?"

Blake: "I do."

Jaune: "Are you sure you don't want Sun there?"

Blake: "Sun's nice but... Well... He's a bit... Immature. He's got a boyish charm but... But I think I prefer someone who acts like a man. You're so... So mature for your age. But in a good way. Compared to..."

Jaune: "... Your last boyfriend?"

Blake: nods "Y-Yes. I see that he was... Angry. So angry that there was nothing else. You though... You care. You take charge. You're, well... You grasp the stakes and handle things like-like a man. And I appreciate that."

Jaune: sucks in a deep breath "I mean... I will be there, Blake. As a friend. Because we're friends and I'll support you." Geez, did I turn her straight or something? What the hell is going on?

Blake: smiles "That would be appreciated-"

Yang appears out of nowhere and wraps her arms around Jaune.

Yang: "Hey Kit-Kat. Sup?"

Blake: quickly "I was just asking if Jaune could accompany me when I meet my parents? He did tell me to contact them."

Jaune: "Just as emotional support, Yang."

Yang: "Oh. Any reason why it's not Sun?"

Blake: "Well... Jaune is less... Um... Flighty."

Jaune: "Sun is a lot more fun though. I'm like a cranky old man in a young man's body according to Blake."

Blake: "I didn't say that!"

Yang: "She didn't have to, we all know it. But... Sure. As friends."

Blake: "You're awfully overprotective of him for not being boyfriend and girlfriend."

Yang: glares at Blake "... Jaune?"

Jaune: "Yes?"

Yang: "Wanna be my boyfriend?"

Jaune: "... Sure?"

Yang: "Great! It's official." Deadly smile "Everything clear, Kit-Kat?"

Blake: scowl "Completely. Thank you again, Jaune."

Jaune: "No problem."

Blake walks off, leaving Jaune and Yang alone.

Jaune: "Yang, uh... Before you worry, I'm not gonna cheat on you-"

Yang: "I wasn't worried!"

She totally was

Yang: "But um... Good to know, huh?" Smiles

Jaune: Great. What have I gotten myself into?

Yang: "Wanna make out?"

Jaune: "Okay!"

Jaune: Stupid hormones...

Jaune SI BS 13: Roses New
Yang: "Jaune! Pyrrha."

Yang runs out to them. Jaune smiles.

Jaune: "Hey Yang!"

Pyrrha: "Hello Yang." Polite smile

Yang: "So... Those exchange students, huh? Pretty crazy bunch of bananas-And I don't just mean Sun."

Jaune: "Ha! I get it!"

Yang: "Heh..." Looks between them "So... Doing some training?"

Jaune: "Maybe later. We were just out on a walk."

Pyrrha: "Yes! Since we're partners and all."

Yang: "... I see."

Yang's smile becomes a bit scary. She walks up and grabs Jaune's hand.

Yang: "Mind if I join you?"

Jaune: "Of course not!" smiles

Yang: "Good. Oh, here." Pulls Jaune into a kiss

Jaune: "Mmph! Mmm..."

Pyrrha: twitches

Yang: "Mwah..." Is definitely eying Pyrrha as she breaks the kiss "Good luck kiss before we start on our walk. Wouldn't want anything to happen, now would we?"

Jaune: "N-No, of course not..." Okay... So... She might be a little jealous... Just a little.

Pyrrha glares daggers at Yang even through her smile.

Jaune: And so is Pyrrha... Great. Could things possibly get worse? ... Why did I think that?

- - -

At some point, Weiss storms into the library where JNPR is studying, grabs Jaune, and drags him out.

Jaune: "Ack! Hey, wait a minute-!"

Weiss: "Shut up!"

Weiss drags him out to an empty classroom and slams him against the wall.

Jaune: "Uh... Weiss? What's up-?"

Weiss: "Neptune says you threatened him!"

Jaune: "Eh?"

Weiss: "Yes! Right to his face!"

Jaune: "Huh? Wait, no! I didn't threaten him! I mean, not overtly-"

Weiss: "What did you say?!"

Jaune: "He didn't tell you?"

Weiss: "Well... No!" glares "What was it?"

Jaune: "I just told him to take good care of you and not abuse your trust, okay? And then I... Might have implied bad things would happen if he did abuse your trust! That's all!"

Weiss: "Wha-Why?! You don't even like me!"

Jaune: blinks "Wha-Of course I like you, Weiss!"

Weiss: "Oh please! You made such a big deal out of me leaving you pinned to a tree-"

Jaune: "Which you apologized for when you realized what a bitch that made you-"

Weiss: "You keep insulting me and calling me crude things-!"

Jaune: "You admitted you were being a bitch-!"

Weiss: "And-And what, you don't want me to to be happy-?!"

Jaune: "WEISS! Seriously, shut up for a second, huh?!"

He rests a hand over her mouth. She glares in shock and anger. He pulls his hand away and holds both of them up to appease her.

Jaune: "Weiss, I do care about you. Sure I will be rough from time to time and sure I'll joke with you and be crude on occasion, but I do care. So I just told Neptune if he abused your trust or took advantage of you, bad things would happen. Because you deserve better than that."

Weiss: "I..." blush "... You really think so?"

Jaune: "Yes! Despite everything, you are a good person on the inside. I just know this isn't easy for you."

Weiss: scoffs "How could you know-?"

Jaune: "Your dad's an uncaring sadistic monster who sees you as at best a business asset, your mother is an alcoholic too consumed with her own issues to do her job, your older sister left the family and your younger brother is turning into a mini version of your dad. I leave anything out?"

Weiss stares in shock and disbelief.

Weiss: "You... H-How-?"

Jaune: "My aunt has has followed your family drama for a while. She knows things. How she does? No idea. But I asked her about you and well... I put together the dots. The fact you're still a good person even after all that is a testament to your will, Weiss. You're a strong, good person and you don't deserve to have some jerk play around with and break your heart. That's all."

Weiss: "You... You really think so...?"

Jaune: smiles "I know so."

Weiss is trying not to cry. He hands her a handkerchief. She dries her eyes and blows her nose.

Weiss: "I, um... Thank you... I..." She holds the handkerchief out

Jaune: "Um... Keep it. There are always going to be more tears in the future, but some of them will be joyful." Oh God why did I say that? That's so corny!

Weiss: sniffles, smiles "... Thank you."

Yang enters the classroom, smiling scarily again.

Yang: "Hey Weisscream. Heard you dragged Jaune off."

Weiss: "I uh... It was-"

Jaune: "She just wanted to yell at me for something. You know, the usual."

Yang: angry smile, wraps her arms around Jaune "Oh?"

Jaune: "But we resolved it. Things are cool now, right Weiss?"

Weiss: "Y-yes... Very cool."

Yang: "Good. You had studying to do with Ruby, right?"

Weiss: "Y-yes! I'll get right to it!" She dashes off and shuts the door

Jaune: "... You're hot when you're jealous."

Yang: bright red "I-I'm not jealous!" She kisses him "Mmm... And this is just because kissing is fun!"

Jaune: "It sure is... Heh..." Oh boy...

- - -

Jaune was studying with Nora in the common room.

Nora: "So, you use a 1 to 45 ratio with this mixture of Dust. Any more and you'll set off the entire batch prematurely!"

Jaune: "Wow! I didn't know that, Nora!"

Nora: "Yeah, I learned that the hard way a few times!" grins

Blake: "Ahem. Jaune? May I speak with you?"

Jaune: "Huh? Sure. I'll be right back, Nora."

Nora: "Sure thing Fearless Leader!"

Jaune and Blake walk off to a secluded part of the dorms, a hallway with windows looking out on campus.

Blake: "... I took your advice. I called my parents."

Jaune: smiles "That's great, Blake!"

Blake: "I... It wasn't easy but... But they... They want to meet with me."

Jaune: "Even better!"

Blake: "You-You think so?"

Jaune: "Blake, they love you. They're just people, like you and me. So they make mistakes. But they do truly love you and want you to be happy."

Blake: "Could... Could you go with me to meet them? I-I mean at first? I don't want to overwhelm them and... And I trust you."

Jaune: blinks "You do?"

Blake: "I do."

Jaune: "Are you sure you don't want Sun there?"

Blake: "Sun's nice but... Well... He's a bit... Immature. He's got a boyish charm but... But I think I prefer someone who acts like a man. You're so... So mature for your age. But in a good way. Compared to..."

Jaune: "... Your last boyfriend?"

Blake: nods "Y-Yes. I see that he was... Angry. So angry that there was nothing else. You though... You care. You take charge. You're, well... You grasp the stakes and handle things like-like a man. And I appreciate that."

Jaune: sucks in a deep breath "I mean... I will be there, Blake. As a friend. Because we're friends and I'll support you." Geez, did I turn her straight or something? What the hell is going on?

Blake: smiles "That would be appreciated-"

Yang appears out of nowhere and wraps her arms around Jaune.

Yang: "Hey Kit-Kat. Sup?"

Blake: quickly "I was just asking if Jaune could accompany me when I meet my parents? He did tell me to contact them."

Jaune: "Just as emotional support, Yang."

Yang: "Oh. Any reason why it's not Sun?"

Blake: "Well... Jaune is less... Um... Flighty."

Jaune: "Sun is a lot more fun though. I'm like a cranky old man in a young man's body according to Blake."

Blake: "I didn't say that!"

Yang: "She didn't have to, we all know it. But... Sure. As friends."

Blake: "You're awfully overprotective of him for not being boyfriend and girlfriend."

Yang: glares at Blake "... Jaune?"

Jaune: "Yes?"

Yang: "Wanna be my boyfriend?"

Jaune: "... Sure?"

Yang: "Great! It's official." Deadly smile "Everything clear, Kit-Kat?"

Blake: scowl "Completely. Thank you again, Jaune."

Jaune: "No problem."

Blake walks off, leaving Jaune and Yang alone.

Jaune: "Yang, uh... Before you worry, I'm not gonna cheat on you-"

Yang: "I wasn't worried!"

She totally was

Yang: "But um... Good to know, huh?" Smiles

Jaune: Great. What have I gotten myself into?

Yang: "Wanna make out?"

Jaune: "Okay!"

Jaune: Stupid hormones...

Jaune and Ruby were baking in the kitchen, just the two of them.

Jaune: Man, I forgot how relaxing this is. Just me and a cute fun girl baking... Didn't get to do that a lot in my old life, but when I did, it was great!

Ruby: "What's your thing about pumpkin, anyway?"

Jaune: "What can I say? I love pumpkin spice throughout the year. Especially with chocolate."

Ruby: "Hmph! I don't like these soft cookies. They seem like muffins but cut short."

Jaune: "What's wrong with muffins?"

Ruby: "I don't like mixing my desserts!"

Jaune: "But what about that cookie cake-?"

Ruby: "It doesn't count! Cookie cakes are just big cookies, not cakes!"

They giggle a bit. Jaune beams at her.

Jaune: "It's been a while since we did this. I'm glad."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah, well, um..." mumbles "I'm used to it."

She turns back to the oven. Jaune frowns.

Jaune: "Used to what?"

Ruby: "Ohhh geez I said that out loud... Um... Don't panic, maybe he can't hear this-"

Jaune: "Ruby?"

Ruby: "EEP!" She tries to shoot away with her Semblance... But Jaune catches her in a hug.

Jaune: "What did you mean, 'I'm used to it'?"

Jaune: I've never heard Ruby sound so bitter... Not until the later seasons. Oh God, did I do something to make her suicidal?! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ruby: looks aside "I... W-Well... I-I mean... You're dating my sister now."

Jaune: "Yeah... And?"

Ruby: "Well, uh... Ya know..."

Jaune: "I don't."

Ruby: "C-Come on! You acted all socially awkward when we met but now you're like this-this super friend having... Person!"

Jaune: Oh shit that's right... I guess it would come off as kind of weird and scary, me getting the memories of some guy from another universe...

Ruby: "And before Beacon... People at Signal were friends with me just so they could be friends with Yang! But they didn't want to be friends with me! So, you know, I get it! Why bother with plain old baby sister Ruby when you can just have-!"

Jaune: "RUBY!"

Ruby started. Jaune flushed: He didn't mean to yell that loudly.

Jaune: "Ruby... Look. I'll admit I've... I've gone through some... Changes. When I unlocked my Aura, I... Well... Things changed. Maybe it's my Semblance, maybe it's something else. I don't know. But if I've been neglecting you, my best friend? I'm sorry. That's my fault."

Ruby: "I... Y-You haven't-"

Jaune: "And if I am? You should call me on it. Yes, I'm dating Yang. That wasn't my intention-She asked me out, remember? But I am happy with her. But I'm not going to use that relationship as an excuse to neglect you. You're my bestie. So get that out of your head: I care about you both, and I value you both."

Ruby: flush "You... You said you loved us."

Jaune: "Yeah... And I meant it. That means all of you. Just... Please remember I'm not psychic, okay? I screw up a lot. But I never want you to think you're just a means to an end, Ruby. Ever."

Ruby is bright red. She sniffs the air.

Ruby: "AH! THE COOKIES!"

They yank them out. Fortunately they're not burnt-It was just some crumbs that got overheated.

Jaune: "Phew..." He smiled at her. "No harm done."

Ruby: "We... We really need to have these big emotional talks when we're not baking something."

Jaune: "Yeah, yeah we do."

Ruby: "Still, I mean..." smiles shyly "Thanks."

Jaune: smiles back "You're welcome."

Ruby: sigh "Now I just have to deal with all my other psychological baggage."

Jaune: "It's a journey, not an instant fix. But hey... You're brilliant and amazing at Huntress-ing. I'm doing okay at leadership and other stuff. We'll help eachother."

Ruby: giggles "You're... You're like so corny! Like a character out of Blake's non-porn Mistral stuff!"

Jaune: sighs "Here you people tell me I'm too negative, and now when I'm being positive, you're still not happy. Women, honestly."

Ruby: "Hee!" hugs him from behind "You're stuck with us!"

Jaune: "Don't I know it."

He pats her fondly on the head. She blushes.

Ruby: "So... Um... Speaking of... Sort of... You and Yang."

Jaune: "Yeah?"

Ruby: "You uh... You gonna get married or-or something?"

Jaune: "Why's everyone in such a rush? We just started dating. Yes I care for her very much but until we both decide to go that route? No."

Ruby: "Oh... So there's still a chance for a harem ending?"

Jaune: "... I'm going to burn Blake's books."

Ruby: "HA! Shows what you know! I got the idea WAY before I met her!"

Jaune: "Well, I'll say this for you, Ruby: Your sense of humor has nothing on Yang's."

Ruby: Blush "HEY!" She huffs "You know, I was going to-to pick you up on the rebound if things didn't work out with you and Yang, but now maybe I won't!"

Jaune: Geez, like mother like daughter...

Jaune: "Please, you said I'm a harem protag. You'll be joining in before you know it."

Ruby: "HA! In your dreams!"

Jaune: Or nightmares...

- - -

This is honestly just stress relief writing. I want to write more substantial stuff but I don't have the mental focus right now. So, here you go. The literary equivalent of fried pickles.

Jaune Loses it with Cinder New
Cinder smirked as she saw the elevator doors open. What stepped out was a bit disappointing in some ways. She had been hoping for Pyrrha Nikos alone... But her little teammates? For her to murder and then put on a macabre marionette show with their corpses for her?

That might be fun.

"Welcome, you pathetic fools, to your death!" Cinder cackled.

Rather than cower or make a heroic speech, Jaune Arc glared at her and threw his hands up in the air.

"What the actual fuck are you doing, Cinder?!"

Cinder blinked. She wasn't expecting that. He didn't sound morally outraged, like he was overcome with grief and rage. He sounded... Exasperated.

"Wha-?"

"Salem didn't tell you?!" He demanded, and Cinder's eyebrows threatened to leap off her forehead.

"Hwah-?!"

"I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET THE MAIDEN!" Jaune raged. "I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET THE RELIC! All without causing a scene! But noooooo! YOU had to ruin my carefully plotted plans with your stupid BULLSHIT!"

"Wha-What the hell are you talking about?!" Cinder gasped.

"We were assigned to infiltrate Beacon," Ren said in his usual deadpan. Nora nodded quickly.

"All hail Queen Salem! Goddess of the Dark! Inventor of the Baconator!" Nora declared, thrusting her hammer up into the air.

"And get close to Pyrrha Nikos, who Ozpin would likely give the rest of the Maiden Powers to," Jaune stated, "AND get close to Ruby Rose, the bearer of the Silver Eyes! Can you imagine what kind of evil we could do if BOTH of them were twisted to our side?"

Cinder's jaw dropped.

"B-But... But... You're an idiot, you're useless-!"

"And yet," Jaune stated smugly, "I've got them both wrapped around my finger. They'd agree to a threesome if I played my cards right. With my Aura Amp abilities plus their powers AND the Maiden abilities, Salem could have an ARMY of super-powered warriors to conquer Remnant with!"

He threw his hands up in the air.

"UNTIL YOU FUCKED IT ALL UP!"

"B-B-But-!"

"Vale falling NOW will just unite all the other Kingdoms together!" Jaune said in exasperation. "They're already working on a fix to the CCT virus! And killing off Penny is pointless, she's a gynoid. SHE CAN BE REBUILT. All this is gonna do is drive all of humanity to unite AGAINST US. Hell! Vale's defenses are fighting back! They're going to reclaim the city very soon! Your little attempt at destroying all of Vale is turning into a wet firecracker! What do you think Hazel's gonna say, huh?!"

Cinder was utterly flummoxed. The story sounded insane, and yet... How could he know all this if he wasn't telling the truth?

"Honestly, I think Salem was setting you up to fail," Ren stated. "Think about it. She probably thought you were going to usurp her."

"M-M-M-Me?!" Cinder cried. "I would never-!"

"You're a slave who wanted to be free," Jaune stated coldly, "And instead you got a new master. Do you really think she wouldn't see you as a potential threat? You think she'd give you these powers just out of the goodness of her black heart? No, Cinder. You were meant to fuck up my mission, and yours."

Cinder gaped in horror. It... It was all too clear... Impossibly... But it was the only explanation her paranoid, cynical mind could come up with!

Even now, as she looked outside, she could see that the Grimm were being driven back. The White Fang forces were fewer and fewer in number. Fires were going out around Vale proper.

"But... But that means...!" She looked back at Jaune in fear. "You're here to kill me!"

Jaune sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"No... See? I want to kill that bitch too. And you would be a big help. I mean, revenge right? You love revenge. I love revenge."

"We all love revenge!" Pyrrha beamed.

If SI Jaune decided to go streaming New
If SI Jaune decided to go streaming.

Inside JNPR room, Jaune was setting up his computer. The rest of his team went to Forever Fall to collect some syrup for Nora.

Jaune: "Hey guys, welcome to my channel. I'm your host, Jaune Arc and this is Knight Arc."

Miss Ara Ara: I'm liking this already.

Three Scoop: :)

Nearby party poppers shot purple confetti into the air.

Jaune: "So today I'm going to talk about Aura. The stuff that Huntsman and Huntress use when fighting Grimms and protecting people."

Jaune: "First, what is Aura?"

Jaune: Lets see if I can remember how Salem explain it.

Jaune: "Aura is a manifestation of the soul, a life force that runs through every living creature on Remnant, whether they are a meager shopkeeper or a renowned knight."

Dommy Mommy: That was an excellent explanation of Aura.

Ding~

*Dommy Mommy has donated 500 lien.*

Jaune: "Oh wow. Thank you for the money Dommy Mommy."

Cookie Monster: That amount of lien could buy me a hundred cookie.

Kaboom: A hundred cookie? That much money could get me a suitcase of military grade Dust.

Terra Top: Tell us more about Aura.

Jaune: "Right back to Aura. What do Hunter use Aura for? Aura can be used to create energy barrier that covers your whole body, activate Dust and heal minor injuries."

Jaune: "Now, some of you may think Aura is only useful to fight Grimm. Right?"

Banana Split: Yup.

Cream and Pie: Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, YES.

Jaune: "WRONG!"

Jaune made an X with his hands.

Jaune: "Yes, Aura is extremely useful against Grimm but there are other way to use Aura beside fighting. Observe."

Jaune puts a seed in a pot and water it. Then he began putting aura into the pot and minutes later a fully grown tomato replaced where the seed was.

Jaune: "That was Aura Growth, useful to grow plants quickly. A techniques that created by yours truly."

Kunoichi: Sugoi Knight-sama.

Bell Booty: This could help a lot with crops growth.

Will Low: As expected from our knight.

Jaune: "You're right Bell Booty but this technique is quite draining on Aura. I have a lot of Aura so this doesn't really drain me much but if anyone else my age tried this, they be sleeping for a whole day to recover. Still this proves that Aura can be used besides fighting Grimm."​

Jaune: Hmmm, Zwei has his Aura unlocked thanks to Ruby. What happen is I do that to a dolphin?

Jaune: "I'm going to give you explanation on how to unlock your Aura. Now before any of you even want to try to unlock your Aura after this, I want to give some warning. First, unlocking Aura will attract Grimm to you. It's like a holding a bright sign saying I'm here to your enemy. Second, unlock your Aura in safe place. Either be in a place with lots of protection or in a place with no Grimm. There's a reason why Vale has wall after all."

Bold Luck: Huntsman here. He's not wrong, you should unlock your Aura at a safe place.

Winter Cold: Wise word. Always take precaution when dealing with Aura.

Green Fast: He's right. Heed the warning well.

Jaune: "As far as I managed to find out, there are two way to unlock your Aura. The safest way and the dangerous way. The former is by asking a someone that already unlock their Aura like a Huntsman or Huntress to unlock your Aura for you. Most will use chants, it's more common than you think."

Wild Guy: Say what now?

Hihehahohu: Chants? Like spells?

Cucumber: Guess Aura is like magic huh?

Prepper: It's not a cult thing right?

Ignoring the chat, Jaune continued.

Jaune: "The latter is you will unlock your Aura after being in a dying situation. Let's say you got attacked by a Beowolf and have a huge wound on your stomach. If you're lucky, ssomeone managed to deal with the beowolf and help you get healed. If you survived dying, your Aura will have a chance of getting unlocked. The chances of you unlocking your Aura by this method is 1 in ten thousand."

Jaune let that statement sinks into his audience for a moment.

Jaune: "With Aura, comes Semblance. Now Semblance is-"

Suddenly the rest of Team JNPR enters the room.

Ren: "Jaune, we need to go the city. We are out of some food ingredients and Dust."

Jaune: "Sorry folks. Guess that's all for today."

Three Scoop: :(

Melon Lady: Noooo. Too fast.

Bun Bun: Wait what about Semblance?

Dark Green: Do Semblance next stream.

Stream Ends.​

puaroatr9af81.jpg

the_jaune_identity__commission__by_caboosemcgrief_dernnd8-pre.jpg

I felt like I have read a fic where SI reincarnate as Neopolitan Brother. Anyone knows the name if it exist?

Jack and Cinder 3 New
I wanted to write something else, but then this happened:

- - -

Cinder went through the transfer papers one more time. It was late, Emerald and Mercury were already asleep, and yet... She couldn't let it go. She had to make sure it was all perfect, every bit.

This plan... It was everything. Everything she had worked for, everything she had bled for.

She sighed as she looked out the safehouse window. She narrowed her eyes as she saw a familiar form climb out of the window next door and get up onto the roof.

"Idiot," she muttered. She rose and walked to the window. She opened it and then jumped out and up, climbing to the roof. The power of the Maiden thrummed under her skin, and almost felt strongest under the moon. How curious.

She put the sensation out of her mind as she glared at Jack.

"Why are you still up?" She demanded, "You should be resting. You're no good to anyone if you're exhausted."

Jack grimaced and bowed his head. It was strange how easily she could scold him. He actually cared about her opinions, even though if he willed it, she would be killed.

Not now, not when she had the Maiden's power... Well, half of it... But still.

"Sorry," Jack admitted, "I had the dream again."

Cinder stared at him, taken aback. Only the sounds of honking cars and the wind filled the city night. She shook her head slowly.

"You shouldn't... Worry about things like that," she said quietly.

"I do," Jack stated calmly, staring into her eyes. "I got careless, while you were taking the Maiden power."

"You..."

Cinder sighed. Her mind was cast back to that day. It should have been a triumph: They'd cornered Ozpin's Maiden. She had insisted on wandering alone wherever she wished. Her bodyguard, the unlucky drunk swordsman, was distracted. They'd fallen upon her and despite her power, they had taken her down. They were draining her of her magical power.

The power... It was what Cinder had craved all her long life. Even now, she felt so much more. More than some scullery maid or slave.

The swordsman had arrived sooner than they thought. Jack, in his cloak, had thrown himself into battle against him. Despite Jack's skill and training, despite anything else his mother may have done...

He had gotten struck across his chest. Blood had erupted from his armor. Cinder had called it off, and they'd retreated under a hail of flames she had conjured up. Mercury had carried Jack while Emerald cast illusions to cover their escape.

It had been a near thing. Thankfully, Branwen had been more concerned with the dying Maiden than them. Jack's Aura had healed him, and they'd gotten away.

Even so... It was an unacceptable... Interruption of their plans.

"You did get careless," Cinder stated in flat angry tones. Even as a chill went up her spine at the memory. "The Maiden Power is important. Half of it in our possession is... Is better than losing you."

Jack stared at her. Her eyes narrowed.

"Your mother would make me suffer the worst pain and agony imaginable if I lost you," she said in quiet anger.

Jack nodded.

"I know... But if I hadn't, you'd have been cut in half."

That... That was true. Qrow Branwen may have been a drunk, but he was formidable. He'd brushed past Emerald's illusions, parried Mercury's strike with contemptuous ease. If Jack hadn't been there...

"... Still," Cinder sighed, "You really shouldn't be out here. With us."

Jack looked away from her, onto the lights of the city.

"... I should know what the human world is like," he said, "Where I came from... Before we destroy it. I should know what it was before Mother wipes it clean. The New World won't be better unless we know what the Old World was like, right?"

Cinder snorted. Salem's overall plans were vague, at best. She promised power, influence, and a place in a new order. That was enough for her.

"It's not worth remembering," Cinder opined, walking up and sitting next to him. Jack stared at her.

"But you, Emerald, and Mercury came from it. So did Mother, long ago."

"So?" Cinder demanded.

"So," Jack said, looking back out at it, "It can't be all bad."

She was not blushing. She was not.

Honestly, she needed to nip this in the bud. Now. He'd been confusing and vexing her since they'd met, and with how crucial this operation was? They couldn't afford any distractions.

With that in mind... She decided to be direct.

"... If you wanted to woo me... If-If you wanted me," Cinder said, almost nervous, "You just had to ask."

Jack looked at her in confusion.

"Huh?"

Cinder glared, even as her cheeks burned bright red.

"You... You want me, don't you? As... As your woman? I... I'd be willing to do it. You... You'd just have to order me! So why... Why are you doing all this?"

Jack blinked rapidly. He blushed.

"What?!"

"Isn't... Isn't that why you're doing all of this?" She demanded. "The kindness? Defending me? The... The personal entreaties? You're trying to make me care for you, aren't you? Why bother? I... I'm bound to your service! You could make me do anything you want!"

Jack blinked a few times. He cleared his throat as his face burned red.

"Cinder... Y-yeah. I could do that. But... You were already a slave. Already forced to do things you didn't want to do. Why would I want you to suffer like that?"

"I... You have power over me," Cinder explained, exasperated and angry, "Why wouldn't you abuse that power over me?! Why are you playing these games?!"

"I don't know what you mean, Cinder," Jack said, "I just care about you. I want you to be happy."

Cinder's jaw dropped. She stared at him in utter disbelief.

"I... But... Wh-Why?!" She finally demanded.

Jack shrugged.

"I like you. I like Emerald and Mercury too, but... I like you the most. You're strong, you're smart, you... You treat me like a normal person. You look after me." He smiled gently. "And I think you're beautiful. And I just want you to be happy."

She looked at her knees, feeling like a lost little girl again.

"... Why would you want that?" She whispered.

Jack scooted up to her.

"If I have power over people I care about, why wouldn't I want them to be happy?" He asked. "I don't like the idea of anyone I care about suffering or being in pain. You... You make my life better."

He leaned in a bit.

"Do... Do you care about me too, Cinder?"

Cinder was silent for a while, the city ambiance washing over them. She sucked in a deep breath.

"... If I said yes, what would you want me to do?" She asked, soft as a butterfly wing.

"Only what you wanted to do," Jack said earnestly.

Cinder sighed and shook her head.

"You're a sentimental fool, you know that right?" She muttered.

Jack smiled.

"Yeah. That's why I'm lucky to have you around."

Cinder snorted, though there was a hint of a smile on her lips.

"You don't have to answer or anything," Jack said, "Just... Ya know... That's how I feel."

He looked out at the world again. Cinder looked out with him.

"I still think this is a mind game of yours," Cinder admitted.

Jack blinked a few times.

"I was never good at those," he admitted, "Uncle Hazel always won... Or lost...?" He frowned. "I don't know for sure."

Cinder snorted again. He scooted up a little closer. She sighed and leaned against him.

"... You're a hopeless idiot," she muttered.

Jack nodded with a smile.

"I know."

"I might just use you for my own purposes," Cinder muttered again.

"I know that too."

She scowled.

"Do you have to be so sincere?! You're going to get us caught at Beacon."

Jack coughed.

"Sorry..."

Cinder grumbled. She felt his arm go up around her shoulders, and she let him hold her. He was very warm and it was a little cold out.

"Just... Don't do anything stupid, all right? Leave everything to me," she ordered.

Jack chuckled.

"I always do..."

- - -

Yang Xiao-Long sighed as she walked back towards the dorms. Her gym session had run overly long due to some stupid drama between Blake and Weiss, she'd missed dinner-In a word, she was done.

She walked the Beacon campus, grumbling under her breath... When she smelled food. She followed her nose, and her eyes soon located the source:

Jaune Arc, of all people, sitting on a bench and looking up at the sky. He had a to-go box of chicken fingers and fries, with some sodas. Her mouth watered. Okay, so it was greasy and unhealthy as fuck: At this moment, she didn't care.

"Hey VB."

Jaune looked away from the stars, startled. He then sighed.

"Oh, hey Yang," he said. "Late from the gym?"

"Yeah," Yang said with a nod, "Thought you were training with Pyrrha?"

"We had to cut it early due to a call from her mom," Jaune explained. He picked up a chicken finger and put it in his mouth, chewing softly.

"Mind spotting me some food?" Yang asked with a grin, "I missed dinner."

She leaned over and winked at him. Hey, if he was sharing some food, she may as well be nice... And tease him a little. She loved doing that.

Strangely he didn't even seem to notice. He just nodded and went back to looking up at the sky. Yang frowned a little, but soon her stomach growled and she walked over to sit next to him. She dug in happily, enjoying the greasy goodness.

"So," she said, after dousing her hunger with some food, "Why are you out here, anyway? Thinking up love poems for Weiss?"

She popped a soda and drank it. Jaune shook his head.

"No. Just remembering my brother. This was the day he..."

He trailed off, and shrugged.

Yang paused and set the soda can down. She looked at Jaune, really looked at him. His body language could often be overly dramatic but it was rarely so... Down.

She put it together in an instant.

"Oh... I'm sorry," she murmured. "I can go if-"

"No, no, it's cool," Jaune said, shaking his head, "Um... I mean, you're still hungry and... And I can't eat all this myself."

Yang nodded slowly. She ate, though more slowly. Jaune kept staring up at the sky.

She hesitated.

"... You... Want to talk about it?" She asked. Jaune shook his head.

"I... I mean... You probably don't want to-"

"If you want to, that's okay," Yang said gently. Jaune turned to stare at her. He shrugged.

"It... Not much to say," he admitted. "His name was Jack. He was my twin. We were... We were five. On a camping trip around Argus. We were just having fun near the edge of the campsite... We'd found this really cool stick and... Well... We were walking back to the tents. We were still in sight of them so our parents thought it would be safe."

He looked away, back at the sky.

"There was a perimeter breach," he said, "Grimm were on us in no time. My mom and dad... They were Hunters, so they fought them. My big sister tried to get to us but... An Ursa charged through the trees. I..."

He stared at his hand. His tone remained cold and detached, even as it shook.

"Jack got separated. My sister got me... Tried to get to Jack, but the Ursa roared. So many other Grimm charged... My dad threw himself into the fight. He cut through them... But more and more came and... And we had to run."

Yang stared at Jaune intently. He didn't look grief stricken so much as... As tired. Aged.

"When the Rangers got control again, my parents went back in," he said, "They... They searched everywhere. We tried to months, scoured all over the park, but..."

He bowed his head. Yang bit her lower lip, before she reached out. She rested a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"That's horrible, V... Jaune," Yang said softly.

He glanced at her hand, and for a moment Yang thought about pulling away. Even though a warm hand and some comfort was all she had ever wanted when Summer had...

He nodded, a wan smile on his face.

"... Thanks," he mumbled. He looked back towards the stars again. He sighed.

"I... That's kind of why I'm here, I guess," Jaune muttered, "My parents wanted me to do something safer. Tried to discourage me, but... I don't want that to happen to anyone else."

Yang nodded.

"I... I get it," she murmured. "My mom... She was amazing. A great Huntress. She was basically my hero. She died on a mission when I was five so... So I don't remember her well but she was just amazing. And losing her was..."

Jaune looked back to her. He rested his hand on hers, and squeezed it.

"Yeah," he murmured. He shook his head. "I'm sorry about her."

"I'm sorry about your brother," Yang said quietly.

"I-I mean... I know that... There's nothing I could have done," Jaune admitted, "Nothing I could have tried. I was a kid... But..."

Yang nodded slowly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know what you mean," she said. "You hate feeling weak. You hate feeling helpless. You don't want to... To go through that. Or let anyone else go through that again."

She still remembered how terrified she'd been when those Grimm had closed in on her and Ruby in the woods. How helpless she had felt, how loudly Ruby cried... The relief when Qrow jumped in and saved them, and the guilt over putting her little sister into danger.

Jaune nodded back with similar gravity.

"Yeah... Exactly,"

Jaune sighed. He grabbed another chicken finger and ate it. She did the same. They chewed in silence as they looked up at the stars.

"We'll make them proud," Yang stated impulsively, "We... Both of them. I promise."

Jaune looked over at her and smiled. And despite the sorrowful feeling over them both, she couldn't help but feel warmed by it. Just a little.

"Yeah. Yeah, we will..."

- - -

- - -

It was a Saturday when the first exchange students began to arrive. Throughout the day, students from all across Remnant filtered into the great Academy: Most Vytal Hopefuls, though a few were seeking better education prospects or for various reasons had to start late.

Even after the hustle and bustle of the foodfight that morning, Pyrrha was in much better spirits than she had been last night. Going back and forth with her agent and manager and mother, ugh. It was so difficult trying to keep them from turning her back into the Invincible Girl.

The Vytal Tournament was an unexpected saving grace: She was given fewer "public duties" to attend to train for it properly. The fame she could have by winning Vytal would hopefully help manage her fame.

Part of her wanted to just throw the whole thing. Fail. She'd never failed at anything in her life, nothing important. What would it feel like, to lose?

That disappointment in the eyes of her mother and guardians... Only a few months ago it would have frozen her soul dead.

If not for Jaune.

Her smile though wasn't very bright today. It wasn't the punishment detail: She bore it stoically with Jaune, Ren, and Nora as they cleaned up the mess.

Team RWBY was with them too-After all, they'd caused at least half of the damage.

Yang was mopping up nearby. Jaune mopped alongside her, with Pyrrha.

"Easy Yang, you don't want to throw your back out," Jaune consoled, "Nice, smooth strokes. Like this."

He demonstrated across the wooden floor. Yang chuckled.

"I'm not that old and gray, ya know!"

"Yeah, but it's good to save your joints," Jaune said with a smile. Yang winked.

"Got any plans for my joints, Ladykiller?"

Pyrrha flushed. Jaune coughed and shrugged.

"Ah, well... Training would be nice. Later."

"Can't wait to get me all hot and sweaty, huh?" She asked.

"No flirting!" Glynda Goodwitch commanded from the chair she was sitting in at the head of the cafeteria.

"Wonder that she recognizes it," Yang muttered. A stick jumped up and swatted her backside. "EEP!"

"Enough lip!" Goodwitch commanded. Yang pouted and walked over to mop with Ruby. She still threw a smile at Jaune: One he returned. He turned the smile over to Ruby who smiled back encouragingly.

Weiss ignored him entirely, scrubbing the windows with a sour look while Blake and Ren scrubbed the floors. Nora helped though she had been restricted to a toothbrush.

No one was going to let her have anything bigger after the broom incident.

Still, Jaune and Yang kept exchanging looks. Warm ones.

Pyrrha's chest clenched up. She moved a bit closer to Jaune, easily matching his mopping motions.

"Everything... All right between you and Yang?" She asked Jaune softly. It was a nice neutral question.

"Hm? Oh, yeah," Jaune said quietly. "Just... Last night was tough."

Last night? What had she missed?! It wasn't Jaune's birthday or the birthday of any of his family members!

... So she'd asked for someone to investigate Jaune. It was just sensible, to make sure he didn't have any colorful characters in his background or potential obstacles to their wedding!

It wasn't weird!

What was so... Oh. Oh. Now she remembered.

His brother, Pyrrha thought mournfully. She should have been here for him. She should have been there to offer comfort.

"... I'm sorry," Pyrrha said quietly, "About... Whatever it might be. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you..."

She swallowed her regret.

"But I'm glad Yang was."

Jaune smiled gently.

"It's all right. It's part of why I'm here, after all. To protect everyone like..."

He looked towards the door. His eyes went as wide as dinner plates. His jaw and mop dropped. Pyrrha looked towards the cafeteria doors as well... And her own eyes widened in disbelief.

- - -

The campus was every bit as beautiful as Jack Arc imagined. Bright, vibrant, with ancient ruins and gorgeous gardens and fountains.

Even now he could see some touches from his mother in the architecture: The lines and the columns. It spoke of something familiar yet strange, like some murderer disguised as a loved one.

There was danger here. He knew it. He smelled it. Yet here was his mission.

And, as he felt Cinder's hand in his, the woman he loved.

She gave him a little smile as they walked hand in hand. Last night... Last night was amazing. He'd never felt anything like what had happened. So close, so warm...

Was this truly love? No wonder all men pursue it so hard, Jack thought.

Jack recalled the ancient stories, of when Enkidu was introduced to the joys of men with a woman. That had led to Enkidu learning the ways of men, fighting Gilgamesh, then becoming the greatest of friends-Brothers in all but blood. Until Enkidu died and Gilgamesh was left with nothing.

It was only a story. Even older than his mother. Yet where those men had found tragedy, Jack had found nothing but joy.

Well... Mostly. Emerald's glare at his back was a bit distracting.

"Emerald, do try not to be so stiff," Cinder murmured, "You're attracting attention."

"Sorry Cinder," Emerald murmured.

"Hard to imagine why," Mercury muttered. He took Emerald's glare with grace... And shot Jack a small, impressed smile. One Jack returned.

Cinder elbowed him.

"Don't strut," she muttered. Jack smiled warmly at her.

"Sorry," he said quietly, "But am I not entitled to do so?"

Cinder's smile warmed just a bit more.

"Charmer," she murmured.

His heart was light. He looked ahead past the various students to the cafeteria. His smile grew.

"I'm hungry," he said. "Let's go see what they have for food here."

"We need to check on the tower security first," Emerald interjected. She wilted at Cinder's glare. "But uh... I could go for something to eat."

"Same," Mercury said with a smirk. Emerald grumbled.

"Food would be nice," Cinder said, "It would also be good to gather more intel."

They headed towards the cafeteria. Jack gallantly opened the door for Cinder. She graciously went ahead. Jack walked after her and he took her hand again. He looked into the cafeteria, up at the tall walls, the beautiful windows, the stains of food and wrecked furniture...

And a young man in a Beacon school uniform with messy blond hair. With a face as familiar as looking in a mirror. He dropped a mop he had been holding and was gaping in disbelief.

Jack's heart froze in his chest. The bottom of his stomach fell out. His eyes shot wide.

Cinder tensed up. Emerald gasped. Mercury swore under his breath.

"Jack?" The young man croaked.

Memories. Distant memories. Of playing together in the grass, of a warmly smiling blonde woman. Of many happy sisters, and a tall father who hugged him and carried him on his back.

And of being abandoned. Of surviving long cold nights, hungry and scared... Until Watts came for him. Until he brought Jack to Mother.

His real mother.

Only then had he known true love. True kindness. True happiness.

He clenched his fists as anger rose in his chest. Burning and hot like fire.

It was a lie. It had all been a lie. His biological parents had abandoned him. His siblings had never cared for him!

"Jaune," he ground out.

He was going to let loose with every angry word and thought he'd built up over these years. He was going to let this-This bastard have it all!

You abandoned me! You didn't care for me! You never loved me! Mother loved me! You didn't even think twice about me, not once, not-!

Jaune sprang forward, faster than a pouncing Griffon... And hugged Jack. He began to sob, loud and ugly and relieved.

"Jack! JACK!"

Jack's anger... Died away. His twin was crying like a baby, holding him so tightly it was almost painful.

Everyone else stared at them. Jack knew their names, profiles, and weaknesses like the back of his hand, yet... None of it seemed to matter.

His arms twitched. He let go of Cinder's hand even as she tried to hold on. His arms wrapped around Jaune, stiff and uncertain yet...

"Who-Who is this?!" The white haired girl gasped in disbelief.

Jaune pulled back just a little as he smiled in joy, his tears running down his cheeks.

"It's my brother! It's Jack! He's alive... He's alive!"

Jack felt a few tears fall from his own eyes. He reached up and wiped them away as though he was doing it to someone else.

There was only one thought in his mind he could hear over the pounding of his heart:

Am... I Enkidu... Or Gilgamesh?

Last edited:
Jaune SI BS 14: Dragon and Knight Issues New
Jaune and Ruby were baking in the kitchen, just the two of them.

Jaune: Man, I forgot how relaxing this is. Just me and a cute fun girl baking... Didn't get to do that a lot in my old life, but when I did, it was great!

Ruby: "What's your thing about pumpkin, anyway?"

Jaune: "What can I say? I love pumpkin spice throughout the year. Especially with chocolate."

Ruby: "Hmph! I don't like these soft cookies. They seem like muffins but cut short."

Jaune: "What's wrong with muffins?"

Ruby: "I don't like mixing my desserts!"

Jaune: "But what about that cookie cake-?"

Ruby: "It doesn't count! Cookie cakes are just big cookies, not cakes!"

They giggle a bit. Jaune beams at her.

Jaune: "It's been a while since we did this. I'm glad."

Ruby: "Y-Yeah, well, um..." mumbles "I'm used to it."

She turns back to the oven. Jaune frowns.

Jaune: "Used to what?"

Ruby: "Ohhh geez I said that out loud... Um... Don't panic, maybe he can't hear this-"

Jaune: "Ruby?"

Ruby: "EEP!" She tries to shoot away with her Semblance... But Jaune catches her in a hug.

Jaune: "What did you mean, 'I'm used to it'?"

Jaune: I've never heard Ruby sound so bitter... Not until the later seasons. Oh God, did I do something to make her suicidal?! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Ruby: looks aside "I... W-Well... I-I mean... You're dating my sister now."

Jaune: "Yeah... And?"

Ruby: "Well, uh... Ya know..."

Jaune: "I don't."

Ruby: "C-Come on! You acted all socially awkward when we met but now you're like this-this super friend having... Person!"

Jaune: Oh shit that's right... I guess it would come off as kind of weird and scary, me getting the memories of some guy from another universe...

Ruby: "And before Beacon... People at Signal were friends with me just so they could be friends with Yang! But they didn't want to be friends with me! So, you know, I get it! Why bother with plain old baby sister Ruby when you can just have-!"

Jaune: "RUBY!"

Ruby started. Jaune flushed: He didn't mean to yell that loudly.

Jaune: "Ruby... Look. I'll admit I've... I've gone through some... Changes. When I unlocked my Aura, I... Well... Things changed. Maybe it's my Semblance, maybe it's something else. I don't know. But if I've been neglecting you, my best friend? I'm sorry. That's my fault."

Ruby: "I... Y-You haven't-"

Jaune: "And if I am? You should call me on it. Yes, I'm dating Yang. That wasn't my intention-She asked me out, remember? But I am happy with her. But I'm not going to use that relationship as an excuse to neglect you. You're my bestie. So get that out of your head: I care about you both, and I value you both."

Ruby: flush "You... You said you loved us."

Jaune: "Yeah... And I meant it. That means all of you. Just... Please remember I'm not psychic, okay? I screw up a lot. But I never want you to think you're just a means to an end, Ruby. Ever."

Ruby is bright red. She sniffs the air.

Ruby: "AH! THE COOKIES!"

They yank them out. Fortunately they're not burnt-It was just some crumbs that got overheated.

Jaune: "Phew..." He smiled at her. "No harm done."

Ruby: "We... We really need to have these big emotional talks when we're not baking something."

Jaune: "Yeah, yeah we do."

Ruby: "Still, I mean..." smiles shyly "Thanks."

Jaune: smiles back "You're welcome."

Ruby: sigh "Now I just have to deal with all my other psychological baggage."

Jaune: "It's a journey, not an instant fix. But hey... You're brilliant and amazing at Huntress-ing. I'm doing okay at leadership and other stuff. We'll help eachother."

Ruby: giggles "You're... You're like so corny! Like a character out of Blake's non-porn Mistral stuff!"

Jaune: sighs "Here you people tell me I'm too negative, and now when I'm being positive, you're still not happy. Women, honestly."

Ruby: "Hee!" hugs him from behind "You're stuck with us!"

Jaune: "Don't I know it."

He pats her fondly on the head. She blushes.

Ruby: "So... Um... Speaking of... Sort of... You and Yang."

Jaune: "Yeah?"

Ruby: "You uh... You gonna get married or-or something?"

Jaune: "Why's everyone in such a rush? We just started dating. Yes I care for her very much but until we both decide to go that route? No."

Ruby: "Oh... So there's still a chance for a harem ending?"

Jaune: "... I'm going to burn Blake's books."

Ruby: "HA! Shows what you know! I got the idea WAY before I met her!"

Jaune: "Well, I'll say this for you, Ruby: Your sense of humor has nothing on Yang's."

Ruby: Blush "HEY!" She huffs "You know, I was going to-to pick you up on the rebound if things didn't work out with you and Yang, but now maybe I won't!"

Jaune: Geez, like mother like daughter...

Jaune: "Please, you said I'm a harem protag. You'll be joining in before you know it."

Ruby: "HA! In your dreams!"

Jaune: Or nightmares...

- - -

This is honestly just stress relief writing. I want to write more substantial stuff but I don't have the mental focus right now. So, here you go. The literary equivalent of fried pickles.

Jaune and Yang met in a nightclub downtown one night. They danced and had fun... But Yang's mind was elsewhere.

So they took a break and sat down at a table to talk.

Jaune's Brain: Weird, I'm not deafened. I can actually listen to dialogue in a loud place. Huh!

Yang: "Man... Didn't know you had good footwork on the dance floor too!"

Jaune: "Seven sisters. Endless dancing lessons when they needed a partner."

Yang: "Heh! It shows!" She beams

Jaune: "You self-taught?"

Yang: "I mean I got some lessons from Sister Lavender at the church."

Jaune: "Really? You're a Table Breaker?"

Yang: "I mean... Sort of? Mom... Summer... Was devout. Dad? Not so much. We went when he was... Not well. Free meals every Sunday and Ruby loved her little dresses."

Jaune: nods

Yang: "You?"

Jaune: "My dad is a Paladin in the church. Mom goes and encouraged us to join too but she's less devout. Comes from being a doctor, I suspect."

Yang: "Heh... Does it bother you?"

Jaune: "Nah. And relax, I'm not gonna try to convert you or anything."

Yang: "I know."

They sip their drinks.
Yang: "Hey... Uh... Ruby wanted me to apologize."

Jaune: "For what?"

Yang: sighs "I uh... Well, when she mentioned you two were baking I uh... I got a little..."

Jaune: "Come on Yang. You being shy is cute sometimes but I also like my gal to be her fiery self."

Yang: sighs "I was a little jealous of my little sister. So, you know... She said I should sort my shit out." Glares "She didn't cuss until she met you, Sergeant Sewermouth."

Jaune: "I learned from my father that it's the only way to command. A leader who doesn't curse isn't fit to run a burger joint according to him."

Yang: "He's a Paladin of the Church?"

Jaune: "Well he never takes the Lord's name in vain, everything else just requires some penance and prayer. It's how he became a Paladin!"

Yang: giggles "You know... I am sorry if I've been a little, uh... What's the word Blake used?"

Jaune: "Yandere?"

Yang: "Yeah, that."

Jaune: "Nah. Weiss and Blake's heads aren't in a trash bin, you're okay. Still... Am I doing anything to make you worry so much, Yang?"

Yang: "No! ... Well..." grimace "I mean, I've... Gone out with boys before. Some real jerks who changed their tune the second I hit puberty. Some sleazebags who made friends with Ruby just to get a chance with me. But the second I didn't want to go all the way because of Ruby, well... They just ran off. You... You're just... Different."

Jaune: "Good different?"

Yang: grins "You're like... Well... A man."

Jaune: "Good start."

Yang: "Heh. You know what I mean. You don't strut like Neptune or try hard like Sun. You keep your cool in a fight and... I dunno... Do dad stuff. Or what a dad is supposed to do."

Jaune: "Well... Thank you?"

Yang: "You really need to learn how to take a compliment. But yeah... I just saw how the others started to eye you. Blake started sniffing around. Weiss, well... She's in denial but she clearly likes you. And Pyrrha..."

Jaune: "Yeah, she's... It's complicated."

Yang: "And well... One's a rich heiress. Another is a Faunus princess. Pyrrha's a celebrity champion-"

Jaune: "And you're you, Yang. You're a kickass fighter and biker chick who loves her little sister and is a great cook! You can be feminine, soft and warm and fiery and smashy! I mean... I love that you don't fit into a box. You're you, Yang. And I'm an old-fashioned guy: You don't have to worry about me straying."

Yang blushes deeply. She looks deeply into his eyes.

Yang: "I know. I'm... Not so worried about you."

Jaune: "Listen. We've just started dating." He squeezes her hands "All right? I care for you."

Yang: "You also love the others."

Jaune: sighs "I'm never living that down, am I? I mean philia, friendship or family love. Though..."

Yang: "Though?"

Jaune: sighs "I mean... It's not like I haven't noticed. I swear, there isn't a single bad looking woman here. And well... Urgh... Headmaster Ozpin's got me schmoozing with female transfer students... And Pyrrha well. She kind of confessed to me."

Yang: tenses

Jaune: "I made it clear we're together to her, and she accepted it. I just want you to know so we don't have any stupid misunderstandings. You are my girlfriend, Yang, and I'm your boyfriend. That's not going to change unless we decide to break up or..."

Yang: "Or?"

Jaune: smiles "Or we get married."

Yang: flush "Heh... With a dozen kids?"

Jaune: blush "Er, it's... An Arc thing... Only if we get that far. I'm not in a hurry and... And I want to build a future together. With someone who wants that with me, too."

Yang: "G-Geez... You know... If anyone else said that, I'd say it was corny as hell."

Jaune: "And... So?"

Yang: "It's still corny as hell..." She slides up against him and nuzzles him "But it works for you."

Jaune: "Heh, thanks." He nuzzles her back

Yang: "Still... You know, with all this female attention, another guy might be tempted to try and make a harem."

Jaune: "One, that kind of shit works ONLY if everyone is in the know and agrees to it and even then, it would be hard. Two? Only an idiot would cheat on women who could beat the shit out of him with superpowers."

Yang: giggles "I'm not hearing a no to the harem part though."

Jaune: "You're also not hearing a yes."

Yang: "Heheh... Like I said. Dad energy."

Jaune: "I have only just begun to tap into it. For instance: I tried to date two women named Kate and Edith. They found out and we broke up. Which just proves you can't have your Kate and Edith too."

Yang: "HAHAHA! Did you hear about the new dating site that matches women up with construction workers?"

Jaune: "Nope!"

Yang: "It's called Studfinder."

Jaune: "Hahahaha!"

Militia and Melanie stare over at them.

Militia: "Can we kick them out?"

Melanie: "They aren't starting trouble."

Militia: "But those puns!"

Melanie: "I don't know... Her boyfriend's kind of cute. Maybe we could steal him from her?"

Militia: "I like my teeth where they are, thank you very much."

Back