• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

RWBY and Nier: Automata crossover.

What if Jaune was teleported to Nier universe?

What happens is that he gets hit right in the hormones the first time 2B bites her lip in thought.

With a fucking freight train.

....I'm assuming she does this at some point, I have yet to play any of the games and know virtually nothing about the series because I always had another thing come up, another game to play and/or just not enough money in my wallet, but with lips that sexy she's surely done it at least once, right?

What happens is that he gets hit right in the hormones the first time 2B bites her lip in thought.

With a fucking freight train.

....I'm assuming she does this at some point, I have yet to play any of the games and know virtually nothing about the series because I always had another thing come up, another game to play and/or just not enough money in my wallet, but with lips that sexy she's surely done it at least once, right?

Neir franchise is a spin off from Drakengard and it's DARK it had of eldritch gods, aliens, machine lead genicide, time travel, dimension travel, body horror and multiple continuity/world lines that are all canon...
But for fun i suggest 2A be who finds Jaune for both the angst and drama

Bro why yall just reading my mind 😭,
Also her names A2

sorry was going off memory,
had a major Drakengard lore hype fixation for a while and read all the side material, audio drama's, manga, lets plays the works then did the same for Nier and the crossovers my favorite be with Final Fantasy cause the franchise big bad took an L

Doctor Knowall 4 New
Blake Belladonna had fled the White Fang. She'd left her entire life, even her boyfriend, behind. All for her principles. Principles she had forgotten, but remembered when she'd seen the fear in the eyes of those humans.

She'd found refuge in a barn when she abandoned the train. She'd taken what sleep she could, only to be awakened by loud thunder and cold rain pouring down onto her. With a grimace, she'd left the barn and tried to see shelter out in the cold, wet night.

She'd found the main road, and a truck had splashed a puddle all over her. Cold, exhausted, wet, and depressed, she'd sat down under a tree and curled up.

She had no one. No one at all. She'd run away from everyone who had ever cared for her into a cold, unforgiving world.

She had no one to blame for herself... It was all her fault...

"Hey... You okay?"

She looked up in shock. She hadn't heard the approach of the boy over the harsh pounding of the rain. He was tall, a bit scraggly but well built. He wore white and black armor over a black hoodie, jeans, and boots. A large backpack carried his supplies and a sword was at his side. He smiled kindly and held an umbrella up over her.

A knight? She thought.

"I..." She bowed her head and stared down at the ground.

"H-Hey," the boy tried, "You don't have to answer. I just... Look. I'm going to the local inn. I've got money for a room. If you want to share it..."

He blushed and shook his head rapidly.

"N-Not that I mean to-I mean-I'm not-!"

Blake stared at him in disbelief. He resembled the protagonists in her fantasy books. So kind, so warm. She could feel his Aura from here and it was like a beautiful bonfire. She could see nothing, hear nothing but kindness and sincerity in his heartbeat and his body language.

"Um... My name is Jaune Arc. What's yours?"

Her life was so cold, so empty. Here was a light in the darkness. A source of warmth.

Maybe... Maybe Heaven had not abandoned her. Maybe... This was another chance.

One she didn't deserve, but she'd been given all the same.

She reached out and took his hand.

"Blake Belladonna..."

He'd been as good as his word. He'd gotten them a room at the inn. He'd slept on the floor and given her the bed. He'd gotten her a hot meal. They even went shopping for new clothes-She'd paid for them, even if he'd insisted on it.

He was so kind and genuine... A little too kind and genuine, at times. She'd kept him from falling for a few scams from bandits. After that, she'd finally asked where they were going.

He said he was going to Beacon, to become a Hunter like his parents.

Mysteriously, an offer from the Headmaster to join Beacon hit her Scroll soon after.

So she'd gone with it. They had the same goal, after all. They began to train together.

He was... Incredibly unprepared and untrained. But he was strong, had enormous Aura power, and was quick to learn. His sheer power was honestly staggering-He had more Aura than Adam and his top five lieutenants, her included, combined.

He had so little control over his Aura it just radiated everywhere, and she felt so warm and happy around him!

But Blake refused to put her neuroses on him. Her last romance had ended terribly. She... She couldn't afford to be selfish. Not to such a kind, loving, warm young man.

Her... Her friend.

Her partner. Or rather... Who she thought would be her partner.

Jaune walked along in the Emerald Forest, scanning around carefully as Blake walked at his side... Pyrrha on his other.

"Thanks for pinning me to that tree, Pyrrha," Jaune said with a laugh, "Uh, I'm still working on landings with Aura."

"Oh, think nothing of it, Jaune!" Pyrrha giggled.

Blake dug her nails into her palm. She grit her teeth.

Yang was following along too, Blake's partner. She was... Fine. Aside from the puns and the bounciness, the fact she wouldn't stop talking...

"Yeah, but it's good we got up and leafed, right?" Yang giggled. Jaune actually laughed, and Blake bristled.

Don't laugh at her jokes! They're terrible!

"Anyway," Jaune said, "Blake? You smell or hear anything dangerous?"

Blake sniffed and listened.

"Yes. Eight Beowulves, and Four Ursas are in our way," Blake said.

Jaune nodded. Shortly after, they came across the Grimm gathered in a pack. Jaune pulled out his sword and opened up his mechashift shield.

"All right. Yang? We'll be up front-Hit them towards me, we'll keep them boxed in. Pyrrha and Blake? On the flanks. Let's take them down."

"Of course Jaune!" Pyrrha said cheerfully.

"Sounds fine by me! You be the anvil, and I'll be the hammer!" Yang grinned.

"Just fine," Blake muttered as she drew Gambol Shroud.

They made quick work of the Grimm. Jaune was the strong, support tank, Yang was the strong offensive tank. Pyrrha was fast and mobile, hitting hard at all ranges, while she swept through the stragglers. They finished them off in no time. Jaune grinned.

"Wow! We did great work! Even faster than when it was just you and me, Blake!"

"Yes. It was," Blake grumbled. Pyrrha beamed.

"I think we're going to be a great team!"

"The best!" Yang laughed, bumping Jaune's shoulder with her own.

Blake ground her sharp teeth.

Yes. It was good. So good...

"You okay Blake?" Jaune asked, frowning in concern, "You're gripping Gambol Shroud pretty hard."

"I'm fine," Blake hissed. Jaune took her hands in his, and massaged some pressure points.

"Don't overstrain your muscles, we've got a ways to go," Jaune said firmly. "Here: My mom did this for my dad all the time when he fought. Does it feel better?"

She saw how stiff Pyrrha's smile became. And how Yang raised an eyebrow.

She smirked a bit smugly as Jaune's warmth was once again solely hers.

"Just fine..."

- - -

Doctor Knowall watched the Initiation play out on the holoscreens with Ozpin and Glynda. Ozpin sipped his hot chocolate, while Glynda made some observations every now and then.

"Winchester's team seems well suited to close-range combat. None of them have any stealth or much range, though Sky's Voice Imitation Semblance might come in handy for distractions."

"Miss Rose and Miss Schnee are an unlikely pair... Hopefully they won't kill eachother."

"Zalbar's team is a bit light on muscle, so we may wish to shuffle them around. Plus, what name would you make out of ZXXZ anyway?"

There was an alert and a few red-tinged holoscreens appeared. Ozpin looked at this cluster as several people in white masks and black outfits walked into the woods. He frowned.

"Intruders in Sector 56," he murmured.

"White Fang," Glynda growled, "In such numbers?"

Ozpin looked over at Knowall.

"Knowall? Anything to add to this?"

His eyes widened in shock. Glynda's soon followed.

Knowall's face was locked in a cold, furious snarl. His fists were clenched and glowing with Aura energy.

"... I'll handle this," he growled.

"You will need backup-" Glynda protested, but Knowall shook his head.

"No. I will not," Knowall stated, firm and angry. He turned and headed out.

- - -

Rathbone peered down the sights of his sniper rifle. A black bowed girl in white and black was running along with a bunch of humans.

Not that there was any shortage of them around.

"That's her," he muttered to his comrades, "Adam's main squeeze. If we bring her back after killing all these students... He'll reward us greatly!"

"Sure those Dust Rounds won't kill her? We can't bring back a corpse," he comrade grumbled.

"They'll be just fine-"

Something blocked his view. He scowled.

"What the-?!"

Someone yanked his rifle out of his hands. That same someone crushed the rifle between his hands like it was made of tinfoil. Rathbone looked up in shock at the tall blond human in a simple blue suit, red tie, glasses, and white lab coat.

He grinned furiously, his blue eyes burning with Aura.

"White Fang, huh? Here to kill a load of innocent students for your master?"

Rathbone gasped.

"You-Kill him-!"

His comrades pulled their guns and opened fire. Rathbone's eyes widened in disbelief as the man caught every round with his hands. The White Fang members stopped firing, and gaped as he dropped the bullets in front of them.

"Yeah. Not today,"

Jaune punched all of them, so fast he was only a blur. He then stepped back. Rathbone gaped, and felt his stomach.

"I... What... What did you do?! I didn't feel-!"

Pain filled his entire body. He coughed and covered his mouth with his hand. He looked down at the blood and gaped in shock.

"I just triggered your immune systems to consume your bodies from the inside," Knowall snarled. "Your lungs, your liver, your heart-It will all tear itself apart. Your brain, lungs, and heart will be last, along with your nervous system so that you will die in the worst agony possible for anyone to experience."

Rathbone gaped as his body went numb. His comrades gasped in horror as they too began to shake and cough blood.

"But... But why-?!"

Knowall glared. His hatred seemed like heat from a fire that was threatening to consume him.

"Because you took everything from me," Knowall snarled. "You destroy all life just for your selfish hatred, consumed by your idiocy and rage. You never look beyond your own pain, you just inflict it upon others. Well... Guess what? You get to experience a fraction of what you've caused the innocent."

"N-No, please!" Rathbone begged, falling to his knees. "Please! We-We'll tell you anything! Help you give up our plans! Please! J-Just... Just don't! PLEASE! You're a doctor, right?! You-You're a doctor!"

"You're a doctor, right?"

Jaune had looked up to his fiancé from some notes he was taking. They were sitting in their small apartment in Atlas. She was full of concern for him. He shrugged.

"Yeah, I am," he said.

"So, aren't you supposed to do no harm?" She asked. "You've been doing a lot of harm in a fight."

Jaune frowned.

"I... I can't let you fight alone," he said. "Besides, if I'm with you... I need to help."

"Yeah but..." Yang frowned, "You're so... Gentle."

"So, what?" Jaune scoffed. It was the same argument his mom had used. "I'm not cut out to fight with you?"

"No, you're actually pretty great," Yang said with a soft smile, "But... I just... I don't want you to become something you're not. I don't... I don't want you to become cruel. The world beats people down... It can destroy them."

She contemplated her cybernetic arm for a moment.

"Don't let the world turn you into a monster, Jaune. No matter what it does... Promise me?"

Jaune turned to her, and smiled warmly.

"I promise..."

Knowall took a long, deep breath. Glynda descended behind him. He could tell she'd been there for a while though, from how concerned her tone was.

"Doctor Knowall?" She prompted. "Well?"

"... You will cooperate with the authorities in every way," Knowall stated. "Leave nothing out."

Rathbone nodded frantically. Knowall quickly touched all of them, and their vitals slowly returned to normal. A few police Bullheads flew up overhead, and cops descended. They began to cuff and secure the White Fang members. Knowall turned away and looked down into the valley. Glynda looked at Knowall in deep concern. She hesitated.

"Doctor?"

He adjusted his glasses.

"... Sorry about that," he murmured, "I'm fine now."

Glynda stared intently at him.

"Are you sure about that?"

Knowall's eyes found a blonde head of hair down in the valley. He was silent for a time.

"... Sure enough," he murmured.

- - -

In all honesty, the team selections were still a bit of a mystery to Jaune.

"JNPR and RWBY?" Jaune muttered, as he stowed his gear in his locker, "seems pretty strange."

"I like Junipers!" Nora Valkyrie chirped, the energetic orangette practically bouncing around the room, "Juniper berries go great with Renny's tea!"

"Yeah but..." Jaune sighed. Ren cocked an eyebrow.

"Your friend Blake?" He asked. Jaune winced then shrugged.

"Yeah. I-I mean, no offense guys! I'm so glad to be here with you all," he smiled, "You all did great against that Deathstalker!"

"It was thanks to your leadership, Jaune," Pyrrha said with a shy smile as she sat on the bed opposite his, "You did very well."

"But you wish you could be with your companion," Ren surmised. Jaune nodded. Ren wore the ghost of a smile as Nora plopped down next to him.

"I understand," he said.

"Me too!" Nora said, "But now we'll all become great friends! We just gotta kill some more Grimm together and we'll be the best!"

Jaune laughed. Nora was a handful but he definitely liked her spirit.

"Absolutely," he agreed. "I promise guys: I'll be the best leader you could ask for."

Pyrrha again smiled warmly.

"I know you will," she said.

After that, they got ready for bed. The guys grabbed a shower first since they wouldn't take as long, and they got out and dressed for bed as soon as the girls went in. Jaune laid down to sleep in his twin bed and sighed, shutting his eyes.

If he was being completely honest? He did miss Blake being there. They'd slept cuddled up together in haylofts and in their tent. Nothing had ever happened, of course. He was a gentleman. He refused to take advantage of her, especially after what she had been through.

Still... He did miss her warmth.

I guess I'll just have to get used to going without, he decided.

Pyrrha and Nora emerged from the bathroom, dressed for bed. Nora pushed her bed up against Ren's and immediately plopped down to sleep next to him. Pyrrha watched this, blushed, then carefully avoided Jaune's gaze as she laid down in her own bunk. The lights went out. Jaune relaxed and did his best to fall asleep.

He heard a very faint creak. Something most people wouldn't have noticed. He opened one eye and scanned the room.

Nothing. He scanned for a moment more, before he slowly closed his eye.

Then he felt it: A warm, female, and familiar body slipping into his bunk. His eyes flew wide open as he jerked his head to look. There was Blake, sliding into his bed and wrapping her arms around him.

"Blake," Jaune hissed, "What are you doing-?!"

"Couldn't sleep," she explained softly. "You don't mind, do you?"

"I-Um-But the rules-You-!"

Blake snuggled into his side and closed her eyes.

"Good night," she murmured.

Jaune held back a long sigh. He laid back in the bunk and wrapped an arm around her.

Well, he had missed her company while sleeping.

I suppose this is on me, he thought, as he slipped into dreamland.

- - -

Classes at Beacon started after breakfast. First up was Professor Port's class: HIs stories were very long winded, but Jaune thought he could pick out the useful tips amidst all the blather. He also knew how to keep people's attention by bringing live Grimm into the classroom-Something Weiss handled with ease.

She really was incredible. It was hard not to stare.

They then went on to Combat Class, led by Professor Goodwitch. She called up pairs of students and had them fight. She was extremely stern but definitely knew her stuff. She could pick out everything right or wrong with a students' combat performance at a glance and made sure you knew it.

After a few matches, she gave Jaune a stern look before she called out:

"Jaune Arc, you're up against Cardin Winchester."

Jaune looked over at the scion of the Winchester family. The young man was a lot bigger and taller than him. He wore a cocky smirk as he walked up to the ring in his full armor, holding his large mace menacingly.

"You got this, Jaune-Jaune!" Nora said encouragingly. Blake and Ruby also gave him smiles.

"Show him what you've got, Vomit Boy!" Yang cheered.

Jaune got up and walked into the ring. He drew Crocea Mors and opened his shield up. Glynda looked between the two combatants.

"We will continue until one opponent's Aura is in the red, or there is a ringout. Ready? Begin!"

Cardin charged and swung his mace hard, obviously trying for a knockout right away. Jaune waited until the very last second and danced out of the way of the strike. He swung his blade, charged with Aura, and swung for Cardin's arm.

"GAH!"

The taller boy was slammed back. Jaune pressed the advantage, striking furiously as Cardin began to guard. The redhead swung his mace around furiously, but Jaune was too quick and nimble after training against Blake for months to let it catch him. He deflected one blow of the mace with his shield before he stepped in and stabbed Cardin in the gut. Cardin snarled then charged up his mace.

He slammed it down on the sandy floor, unleashing a massive blast of Fire Dust. Jaune was blown off his feet and slammed onto his back. He grunted in pain, then rolled, just barely getting out of the way of Cardin's next mace slam.

All right... Gotta finish this quick, he thought. He rolled up onto his feet and took a wide stance. He channeled his Aura, toughening himself up. Cardin smirked and charged again, relying on his bulk to steamroll Jaune.

Jaune held his ground, waiting... Waiting...

Now!

He ducked under Cardin's swing and rammed his shield up into his gut. Channeling his Aura to boost his strength, he twisted his hips and swung his blade at Cardin's feet. Thanks to Aura, he didn't cut through them-But the force sent Cardin into a stumble.

A stumble that Jaune used to pitch him right out of the ring. Cardin slammed down on the wooden floor outside the sand hard. He grunted, and got to his feet. He gaped in disbelief as Professor Goodwitch held up her riding crop.

"Winner, Jaune Arc."

"WOOHOO!" Nora cheered loudly.

"YAY!" Ruby added.

Cardin glared angrily at Jaune, who kept his facial expression neutral. He didn't want to appear too smug.

Goodwitch summoned them both into the center of the ring, where she gave them her assessment:

"Mister Winchester: Good to try and take initiative right off the bat, but brute force is not always going to win. Your opponent was able to turn things around with some good tactics and quick thinking. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. In addition, while unleashing a Dust blast at point blank range can work in a dangerous situation, it can also easily backfire and cause yourself damage. Only save it as an absolute last resort."

"Yes ma'am," Cardin managed, shooting Jaune a dirty look. Glynda looked at Jaune with a raised eyebrow.

"Good footwork and tactical thinking, Mister Arc. However, your inexperience shows: You got a bit sloppy. Continue to refine your combat skills, as you will not be able to defeat all opponents with a ring out."

"Yes ma'am," Jaune said with a nod. Goodwitch hummed.

"That strength boosting technique. Did you learn it from your mother?"

"Er... Sort of," Jaune allowed with a shrug. Goodwitch nodded.

"Continue to improve it, Mister Arc. As it is, it can give you a temporary boost in strength in battle but it clearly took you time to charge it up. Had Mister Winchester noticed that, he could have struck before you were ready and then you would be in real trouble."

Cardin looked calculating at that. Jaune nodded again.

"Yes ma'am."

Jaune felt pretty good all said when he returned to his seat with his team. Even Weiss seemed to be somewhat approving.

Blake just sat down on his other side and smiled.

"Good work," she said, "I knew you could do it."

"Thanks to you," Jaune said gratefully. Blake's smile grew by a fraction. Pyrrha, Yang, and even Ruby all noticeably tensed.

Which was strange, but soon forgotten as Jaune watched the next bout between students.

- - -

Lunch was pretty uneventful. Or at least, that's what Jaune had hoped it would be. Cardin was still in a bad mood after his defeat in combat class, and was now tormenting a young rabbit Faunus girl. He tugged on her ears, making her cry out.

"Haha! What do you know? They are real!" He laughed.

"Ow! Pl-Please, don't!" The rabbit Faunus girl cried out.

Jaune was already on his feet and about to intervene. He couldn't stand to see this happen and refused to allow it: He wasn't weak anymore, he had strength...

Which was went Doctor Knowall, as if appearing out of nowhere, calmly grabbed Cardin's wrist and squeezed. The redheaded boy yelped and let go, as Knowall lifted his wrist.

"Now now, Mister Winchester," Knowall stated in a kind of teasing voice, "Save that kind of play with your crush in private."

Cardin and the rabbit Faunus girls' cheeks went bright red. Cardin found his voice first.

"Wh-What?! Professor, I didn't-URK!"

Knowall squeezed Cardin's wrist and the young man grunted in pain. He looked up in fear at the terrifying smile the doctor now wore.

"The alternative interpretation," the doctor stated quietly but still loud enough to be heard, "Is that the son of a Councilman decided to bully a girl a year ahead of him because she was a Faunus. This would reflect very poorly on him and his family, and might even become grounds for expulsion. Further, even if you weren't expelled, it would spread among the student body and later on to any potential future employers you might have. That you are a bully and a coward who picks on others just to make yourself feel big. Now... Which interpretation shall we be going with, Mister Winchester?"

Cardin grimaced. The doctor's grip on his wrist tightened.

"I... I'm sorry...!" Cardin managed. "I-I won't... Do it again...!"

"Now, why don't you apologize to this young lady and offer to take her out to dinner as recompense for your clumsy attempt to woo her?" Knowall asked, all smiles. He finally let go of Cardin's wrist. The young man rubbed his wrist, blushed, and then looked over at the blushing young Faunus rabbit.

"I'm... I'm really sorry... Can I please buy you dinner?" Cardin ground out, shooting fearful glances at Knowall every so often.

The rabbit Faunus girl, oblivious to this, blushed harder and nodded.

"S-Sure! Um... I'm Velvet Scarlatina, what's your name?"

"C-Cardin Winchester," he returned, stuttering in shock. Velvet smiled at him, and rubbed her ears.

"I um... Let's maybe work out when and where?"

Cardin again glanced at Knowall, then back at the rabbit Faunus girl. He sighed in resignation.

"Sure."

They walked off together. Knowall looked around at everyone's stares and raised an intimidating eyebrow.

"Don't you have food to eat? Nothing to see here," he stated firmly. Most of the students did so. Yang watched him with starry eyes as he turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Wow... He actually made the bully take her out on a date?" She giggled. "Damn! That is twisted! I kind of like it!"

"Isn't that just rewarding the brute?" Weiss sniffed. "Still... I-I admire his composure."

"Weiss, you're bright red, are you feeling okay?" Ruby asked.

"I-I'm fine!" Weiss said quickly, shaking her head. Yang laughed.

"Careful now, you don't wanna get melt, Weisscream!"

"Sh-Shut up!"

Jaune frowned as he turned back to his food. Pyrrha, ever alert to his moods, frowned with him. As did Blake.

"Something wrong, Jaune?" Blake asked. "He did deal with that bully."

"It's just that... He was using a technique of my mom's," Jaune murmured, "But it's one she's never taught to anyone... No one that I know of."

"Maybe he figured it out himself?" Ren suggested. "Beacon only hires the best."

"Maybe," Jaune allowed. "Still... Maybe I'll sent her an email. Just to ask."

- - -

Doctor Knowall twitched and shuddered. He shook his head and frowned. While not exactly superstitious, even after all he'd been through? That still felt like a bad sign.

Still... He supposed he would deal with it when it came. No sense worrying about it right now. He had a future to save.

Hilariously every single girl he hit on that rejected him ended up in happy loving relationships afterwards.

Even the 92 year old woman he flirted with as a joke.
The brother gods are still around remnant just giving funny curses. Ruby's obsession with cookies, yangs puns, qrow and his liquor, or the cruelest one Jaune being the only sane one. They just gave neptune hydrophobia though they have no idea how he manages to flirt women INTO relationships....

The brother gods are still around remnant just giving funny curses. Ruby's obsession with cookies, yangs puns, qrow and his liquor, or the cruelest one Jaune being the only sane one. They just gave neptune hydrophobia though they have no idea how he manages to flirt women INTO relationships....
"How dare you give me this humiliating curse!"

"Just take a class and get some water wings you big baby."

"Not that, the dating thing!"

"Oh. Yeah that wasn't us you just have negative game."

"What?"

"You actively repel pussy. Hell I'm pretty sure enough exposure to you would turn a team of women gay."

"Bullshit!"

*Somewhere in the multiverse the canon team rwby sneeze*

Lancaster: "Scars" New
Ruby Rose was not a peeper. She wasn't! Honest!

She wasn't some kind of weirdo pervert like Blake! She wasn't going to go into a locker room and ogle her best friend ever!

However... She was curious.

On a trip to the pool, everyone else had jumped in and had fun in the water. Yang of course went with a bikini. Pyrrha had too, much to the shock of everyone else. Nora had just gotten a one piece that showed off her curves very effectively, which Ren, Semblance or no Semblance, definitely noticed. Even Weiss had loosened up enough to don a flattering one piece, as had Blake. Ren, for all his serenity, had gone shirtless.

Not Jaune though. He had his swim trunks, a white T-shirt, and a Hawaiian shirt over that. He hung out at the small snack and drink bar at the pool, laughing with them but never venturing towards the water.

This was curious. Curious enough Ruby decided she needed to investigate.

So she approached Jaune at the bar in her cute one piece-Black and red with some nylon laces. She sat down next to him and smiled.

"Hey Jaune."

"Hey Rubes," he returned, smiling warmly.

"You know," she said, "We're starting some volleyball in the pool. You wanna join?"

"Thanks, but no thanks," Jaune said, sipping a fruity concoction of some sort, "I'm okay just chilling out here."

Ruby nodded slowly. Her devious mind considered things and presented her with a possible means of gaining an answer.

And as Ruby often did, her impulse reached her body before anything else. Quick as a flash, she elbowed Jaune and knocked his drink out of his hands. His eyes widened as it fell, spilling strawberry and mango goodness all over his undershirt.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry, Jaune!" Ruby apologized. This wasn't even a lie: At his shocked look, she felt bad. Still... She wasn't going to let this chance escape her. "Let's get you to the bathroom!"

"Ack! Hey!"

Ruby dragged Jaune away insistently. While he was bigger and stronger than her, she was able to use his confusion and her speed to bully him where she wanted him to go. Inside, she still felt kind of bad but also thrilled.

What secret was Jaune hiding under his shirt? Tattoos? Maybe a great big dragon tattoo? Or was he in a biker gang and had their tattoos?

"R-Ruby!" Jaune gasped as she pushed him along, "This is the men's restroom-!"

"Well we're not going into the girls' restroom!" Ruby giggled, "I can't clean you off there!"

Jaune blushed VERY brightly. Her own cheeks turned red as she realized what she had said.

It wasn't enough to slow her down though. She got them into a shower stall, and began to tug at the bottom of his white shirt. He reached down and grasped her wrists, but she was too fast-She dodged his hands and grabbed onto the shirt's hem again!

"Ruby! Ruby, WAIT! I can clean myself-!"

"It was my fault, let me do it-!"

"I don't need you to-HEY!"

Ruby yanked the shirt up, up... Over his head. Her blush intensified as she got a good look at what was underneath.

Oh... My... Pyrrha's been training him really well... Why does he look so good? Why do I like looking-?
She then saw something else. Several something elses. Her eyes widened, and she fell back in shock and horror.

There were... Scars. Ranging from a white round blemish the same size as a 9 millimeter round near his left nipple, to three white ragged claw marks on his left side. Other cuts were all over his body. Ruby's hands went to her mouth and tears peaked at the corners of her eyes. Raw horror and guilt filled her as Jaune yanked his shirt back down. She chanced a glance up at his face.

He looked... Concerned.

"Ruby? Rubes, you okay? Wh-Why are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Wha... What...?"

Jaune glanced down at his chest. He let out a small sigh and shook his head.

"Oh. These," he mumbled.

A tense, awkward silence fell. Ruby sniffled.

Oh... Oh God, I... I'm such a terrible person, she thought, He was hiding these... He was...!

"Wha... What happened?" Ruby managed shakily. She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head.

NO! How could you-He was HIDING THEM FOR A REASON, IDIOT! Oh God, he must hate me now! He must think I'm a jerk! I'm the worst friend ever, I can't believe I just-!

She felt his hand rest on her shoulder. She opened her eyes and sniffled. She avoided his gaze... Until he cupped her chin and tilted her head up.

He was smiling gently, still very concerned.

"Sorry," he murmured, "Um... Well. Turns out that hiking all the way out from Radian without Aura was... Not the best idea."

Ruby's jaw dropped to the floor. She stared at the scars again. She closed her mouth, opened it, and then closed it again.

"I... I just..."

Jaune pointed to the three ragged scars on his side.

"I managed to outrun an Ursa, but he got me with his claws," he explained. He pointed to the round scar. "Got shot by a farmer here since I accidentally trespassed on his land. He was really sorry, helped fix me up and let me stay the night."

He pointed to another scar over his rock hard abs that resembled a small, messy star.

"And here I wandered into an electric fence," he said, "Electrified barb wire. That wasn't very smart of me-I ignored the signs, heh."

Ruby trembled. She held back a sob. Jaune, seeing this, immediately put both hands on her shoulders. His shirt fell, obscuring the scars.

"I'm sorry Ruby-"

"N-No! No, I-I'm sorry!" Ruby bawled. "I-I just-I wanted to know why you weren't shirtless and-and I just-I forced you and I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, please don't hate me-!"

He pulled her into a very tight hug. He rubbed her lower back, trying to sooth her. She hiccuped a bit, but managed to calm down. Jaune then pulled away and smiled warmly at her.

"It's okay. I mean... When I got my Aura? It all healed up. I mean, mostly. None of it hurts. And my mom's medical training let me handle it." He shrugged.

"I just... I didn't want others to..." He trailed off. "To think less of me. I mean... What kind of idiot hikes all the way here without Aura? I... I just don't want people to see how weak I am-"

"You're NOT weak!"

Ruby hadn't meant to shout it, but the surge of emotions from her chest wouldn't let her keep quiet. Ruby sniffled and stared intently into his eyes, as Jaune stared back with a dropped jaw.

"You... You survived the whole way here," she whispered, "Without any Aura. All just so you could realize your dream. I... I don't know if I could do that."

She couldn't remember when she didn't have Aura, if she was honest. It had taken years for her to even learn how to use it.

"You shouldn't... Shouldn't be ashamed of it, Jaune," Ruby whispered, "You should be proud. You... You're willing to do anything for your dream. Anything."

Jaune stared back into Ruby's eyes. He smiled softly. He reached up and wiped his eyes.

"I... Th-Thank you, Ruby," he said quietly, "That... That means everything."

She felt so warm inside and out, she had to give him another hug. He returned it happily.

"Um... I'm still really sorry about... About everything," she said with a wince at his ruined shirt.

Jaune looked down at it for a while, before he slowly shrugged. He pulled his Hawaiian shirt and undershirt off, and rolled them up into a bundle. He smiled.

"It's okay," he said. "I... Well... How about we go play pool volleyball together? That... That would be fun, right? Besides, I suck at it and I'll need your help."

Ruby blushed again, looking him up and down. Now that she thought about it... His scars and his very fit and toned body were... Oh wow, very attractive. Like something out of one of Blake's smutty books.

So rugged and determined to fight through the hordes, all for his dream and-

"Rubes? You okay? Remnant to Crater Face?"

"AH!" Ruby turned away, her entire face burning bright red. "I-I'm fine! I'm fine!"

"You sure?" Jaune asked. He reached out to rest a palm over her forehead. "You don't have a fever or anything, right?"

Ruby rapidly shook her head.

"N-No! No! Let's just-um-go! Let's go!"

She dashed out of the bathroom with her Semblance, and reappeared out near the deck chairs and umbrellas where Teams RWBY and JNPR had stashed their gear. She was still bright red, her heart racing a mile a minute.

How... How does he do this to me?! Why?! She demanded of herself.

She wasn't a pervert! She WASN'T!

Yang smirked at her expression from her position on her towel and raised an eyebrow.

"Hey Ruby! You're looking like your namesake. You okay? Where's VB?"

Her eyes narrowed.

"Did he do anything-?"

"No! N-No!" Ruby said quickly, waving her hands, "He's totally fine-Nothing-I'm fine! He's fine!"

Yang looked up... And blushed a bit herself.

"You're telling me," she murmured.

Ruby looked up. Her blush returned with a vengeance: Jaune was walking towards her, no shirt, his body practically gleaming in the sun thanks to the sunscreen he had so recently applied. He beamed at her.

"Hey Rubes! Sorry, needed some sunscreen first," he said, "You still want to play pool volleyball?"

Ruby, in a daze, opened her mouth to say yes but-

"Sure is!"

Ruby gaped in shock as her sister got up and walked right up to Jaune. The blonde grinned at the taller blond, deliberately leaning forward.

"Heck, I'll even join your team, Stud. I think we'll make a splash!"
Jaune blinked then laughed softly.

"Stud? What happened to Vomit Boy?"

"You just got promoted," she grinned. She grabbed Jaune's hand. "Shall we?"

Ruby's silver eyes narrowed. She locked her gaze onto Yang. Yang looked back... Then smirked in challenge.

The look in her eyes was clear. As clear as whenever they sparred.

"Unless my baby sister wants to sit this one out?" She asked. "It might be too much for you-"

"Jaune's not too much for me!" Ruby declared. "I-I can take him no problem!"

Jaune blinked. Yang snickered. Ruby desperately wished that Remnant would open up and swallow her whole.

"I-I mean we can-I can-LET'S JUST PLAY VOLLEYBALL OKAY?!"

"Suits me fine," Yang smirked, bumping her hip against Jaune's, "I wanna see how Stud here handles large, round objects. No reason~!"

Jaune blushed. Ruby growled.

Great. First she had gone crazy, now Yang?! Was Jaune really so good looking he turned her into a pervert?

"Coming in, ladies!" Yang called out. Ruby looked at the rest of their teams... And her silver eyes went wide.

Pyrrha was staring at Jaune with the hungriest expression she could ever recall on the Spartan girl's face. Weiss was bright red and trying desperately not to look his way while sneering as best she could. Blake had put aside her book and was openly ogling him.

And they weren't the only ones!

Damnit... We're all perverts, aren't we? Ruby mentally sighed. She then narrowed her eyes and grabbed Jaune's hand.

"Let's beat them into the... Water, Jaune!"

Jaune, confused but smiling, nodded.

"Whatever you say, Rubes!"

They did leap into the water. They did have fun... But Ruby's world had changed. She now saw feminine wiles clashing and calculating around Jaune. Her Jaune. A whole new way of being had emerged...

The way of the pervert.

At Jaune's smile though, Ruby blushed... And made a vow.

Well then... If I am a pervert... I'll be the greatest pervert of them all!

Last edited:
Caster Jaune New
Well, since I wrote an Archer Jaune, why not a Jaune who was taught by his godmother Saia?

- - -

Weiss Schnee was trying to connect with Pyrrha Nikos in the locker room before Initiation at Beacon. After all, linking with such an incredible superstar could only guarantee success!

But her plan was rather spoiled when they bumped into a tall blond young man. He wore white robes that had seen a lot of hard travel and carried an old looking Dust Projection Staff.

Jaune: "Oh! I'm sorry!"

Pyrrha: "It's fine, I'm so sorry-"

Weiss: "Why don't you watch where you're going?! Do you know who you nearly ran over?"

Jaune: "Er... No but-" His eyes widen "Oh! Weiss Schnee, right? My godmother told me about you and your cool Semblance!"

Weiss: "Huh?"

Jaune: "Yeah! The things you can do with your Glyphs-She says they're amazing!"

Weiss: "I... Well thank you. It's nice to be appreciated, I suppose." scowls "Still! You should apologize to Pyrrha Nikos! Don't you have any idea who she is?"

Jaune: blinks "Um, no."

Pyrrha stares with a very happy smile.

Jaune: "But I'm very sorry. I should have paid closer attention to where I was going."

Pyrrha: "It's quite all right."

Jaune: "I'm Jaune Arc. I was wondering if either of you might consider teaming up with me? I'm afraid I'm not very good at close range combat yet, only ranged."

Weiss: "Are you or are you not a Huntsman-in-training?"

Jaune: "I am! Really! I just uh, well, we all have our strengths and weaknesses, don't we?"

Weiss: "Hmph!" She storms off

Jaune: "I'm sorry. I ruined your talk with her."

Pyrrha: "It's all right. I um... I don't mind. So, you're only good at long range combat?"

Jaune: smiles "Yeah, but I'm pretty good at it and-"

Speaker: "Will all prospective first year students please head to the Initiation Area?"

Jaune: "Well... I guess you'll see if we team up."

Pyrrha: smiles "I look forward to it!"

Everyone gets to the Initiation area and get flung out into the Emerald Forest. Pyrrha makes sure to angle her flight near where Jaune lands. She watches him... And her interest in the young man only increases.

Jaune: "Crap crap craaaaappp... Okay... Okay... And...!" He fires off several blasts of Fire Dust from his staff, channeling his Aura through it. This slows him down enough he can land, though not very gracefully "Oof! Okay... Okay... That was tough."

Unfortunately, when Pyrrha lands and heads over to him... Ruby Rose is already walking with him.

Ruby: "Oh! Hey! Pyrrha, right?"

Pyrrha: A tiny bit annoyed, but she still smiles "Yes. Ruby?"

Ruby: "Yeah! I found Jaune!" pouts "My partner met with me but then blew me off. So I looked for Jaune!"

Jaune: "Glad you did. My landing was a little rough."

Ruby: "Anyway! Let's go find the relics!"

Jaune: "Sounds good to me!"

Pyrrha: "Yes, let's..."

They got through the forest fairly easily. Ruby and Pyrrha took out most of the Grimm they encountered before Jaune could even get his staff ready. He did shout out warnings and suggestions though, which helped them coordinate. At one point, a Grimm Beowulf broke through and charged him.

Ruby: "JAUNE!"

Jaune: "Hang on, hang on...!" He held up his Staff, slammed a Dust cartridge into it, and unleashed a Fire Blast that reduced the Beowulf to ashes in one shot!

BOOM!

Jaune: "Don't worry about me! I'll handle-PYRRHA!"

Jaune fired another blast, and Pyrrha ducked. It shot forth and took out another Beowulf trying to ambush her.

Pyrrha: Her smile is growing "Thank you Jaune!"

Jaune: "Don't mention it... Again, I'm sorry I'm no good at close range. In this forest my vision is kind of restricted and so it's hard for me to be much use-"

Ruby: "Nah, that was great! I'm sure you'll do even better on open ground!"

Jaune: "Thanks, that means a lot."

They make it to the ruins and meet up with the others. They grab a relic.

Weiss: "You took your time, you bird hitting nutcase!"

Ruby: "Hey, I'm sorry! But I don't see the birdy around anywhere, so it's all good!"

Indeed, the Nevermore from before had crashed in the woods. Unfortunately... The ground began to rumble. A gigantic beast rose from the forest, bellowing in its rage. A long serpent like neck with a white Grimm mask, attached to a large, dragon-like body.

Weiss: "A GRIMM HYDRA?! ARE YOU KIDDING?!"

Yang: "Okay, time to run everybody!"

Blake: "It's closing too fast, we'll never escape over the bridge in time-"

Jaune: "I can handle it."

Everyone stares at him.

Weiss: scoffs, incredulous laugh "You?! How?!"

Jaune: "My godmother taught me a technique. I'll need Gravity Dust and Lightning Dust... And someone to cover me up close."

Pyrrha: "I'll-"

Jaune: "Pyrrha, you'll be more useful hitting that thing in the face and keeping it off guard. Miss Weiss, right? Do you have Gravity and Lightning Dust?"

Weiss: "Yes, but what makes you think you can-?"

Jaune: "Look, if I fail, we can still set off the Dust in a big blast to distract it and hopefully get enough distance between us and it. Please... I know I can do this, if you can keep it in one place for a few minutes."

Nora: "... This sounds crazy..." grins "I'm in!"

Ren: "All right."

Blake: stares "If you're sure."

Jaune: "I am."

Yang: "Then I'll guard ol' Vomit Boy! Rest of you? Hit that thing!"

Ruby: "RIGHT! Follow my lead!"

Weiss sighs, then hands over the Dust to Jaune. She joins the rest of the teens attacking the Hydra Grimm, who roars. Several smaller Grimm charge at the command of the mighty Hydra towards Yang and Jaune. Jaune is mixing the Dust together, and then puts the cartridges into his staff. Yang takes out the small fry with ease.

Yang: "Hate to rush you, VB, but we're on the clock!"

Jaune: "I know, I know, hang on..." He kneels down and channels his Aura, which flares around him. The combined Dust begins to react inside the Projection Staff, and Jaune adjusts some knobs "My godmother can do this with her Semblance, I gotta fine tune it a little manually..."

Yang: "JAUNE!"

Jaune: "READY! Okay... EVERYONE! GET CLEAR!"

Ruby: "YOU HEARD HIM! BREAK BREAK BREAK!"

The teens flee from the Hydra, who roars loudly enough to deafen anyone and everyone around it... Which is when Jaune unleashes a MASSIVE energy beam from the staff.

Pure white from the mixture of Dusts and the power of his Aura, it blasts the body of the Hydra away, leaving only its surprised head to fall to the ground and begin to dissolve. Many trees are on fire or straight up
gone behind the rapidly decaying remains.

Everyone stares at the dead Hydra Grimm... And then to Jaune. He wobbles a little, but he's grinning.

Jaune: "HA! ... Second... Try..." He then falls over into Yang's arms, passed out.

Yang: "Woah... Easy there..." She stares at the destruction Jaune did, and then back at the unconscious young man "Holy crap...!"

Nora: "... I WANNA LEARN THAT! I call dibs on him being my Sensei!"

Weiss: "He... He did that with Dust mixing? But the only people who know how to do that are-!"

Pyrrha: "The Kingdom of Pandu." She smiles in amazement and maybe a hint of lust "So that's who his godmother is..."

Ruby: "... Crescent Rose? You're gonna get an upgrade! Yes you are, yes you are!"

Roman knows the signs of a bitter ex.

So he knows he has two options forward.

Seduce her, which he doesn't want to do because she's a human Grimm thing and probably a yandere.

So option two it is. Play up being the sassy gay best friend and talk shit about her ex with her.

I WANT GAY BEST FRIEND ROMAN. It fits his whole aesthetic!

He would be like "Girl let me tell you. Ozpin? Bitch he ain't worth it. That shit man got a stick so far up his ass it's what he uses his cane for in private time. See what you need is a new man. But someone with a bit more flexibility. Neo? She has her eyes on this blonde dufus with a heart of gold but isn't stuck in his ways. Now if you are willing to share Neo would be willing too. And you both can get with that human golden retriever."
Roman proceeded to show her pics and videos of Jaune being the perfect house husband, friend, and child caretaker.
Salem with a glazed look in her eyes imagining the beautiful future she could have with Jaune, "Where can we find him?"
Roman grinning, "Leave all that to me. I'mma get you your happily ever after."

Last edited:
A Mother's Sacrifice New
A Mother's Sacrifice
It was a feeling. One Isabel Arc had associated with dread and fear from the first moment. The first time she met... Her.

She looked out into the darkness of the woods near the farm. She could see the hint of red in the darkness. She took a deep breath.

It was time.

"Izzy?"

Isabel looked away from the window over the kitchen sink at her husband. He smiled in concern, even as he dried the last of the dishes.

"Everything all right?" He looked out the window. Isabel shook her head.

"It's fine," she said quietly. "Just... Could you finish up for me? I need to check on something outside."

Nick frowned. It was a strange look on her spouse's face. Still, he leaned in and kissed her forehead.
"Of course... If you want to talk about what's wrong, I'll listen. I promise."

Isabel smiled, but her eyes were very sad.

"I know you will," she said softly. "I love you."

Nick's smile returned.

"I love you too," he said.

Isabel walked out of the warm kitchen. She saw Jaune pretending to study while reading a comic. Lilac was doing some sewing nearby, not minding his distraction. The twins, Coral and Verdy, were giggling over a weapons magazine. Orchid was working on a programming project.

Jaune started and looked up, as though sensing her presence. He grimaced in guilt and switched to his text book.

"I got it, I got it Mom," Jaune said quickly, "Um, the signs of renal failure are fatigue, nausea, vomiting, swelling, changes in urination frequency-"

"No, no, it's fine," Isabel said gently. She smiled warmly. "I'll be back, all right? Everyone just sit tight... And stay inside, all right?"

Jaune stared at her in concern.

"Mom?"

"Are you all right?" Lilac asked, a gentle frown on her kind face. Orchid stared at her mother intently but said nothing. The twins looked up in concern.

"Mom?"

"What is it?"

"Just stay inside," Isabel said with a voice of maternal authority and force. None of her children moved as she went out, the floorboards creaking in a familiar pattern. She shut the doors behind her and walked off the porch. She walked down the steps, remembering every step's creak and groan. She walked out into the woods, the stars shining clear and bright overhead.

She followed a dirt path deep inside the copse of trees, until she reached a small pond. A Fuujin-style stone lantern stood nearby, lit and casting a faint orange light over the lily pad covered pond.

In the dim light stood... Her. Tall, shapely, with pale skin and blood red eyes. Her hair white as bone with black streaks running through it. She wore a black cloak that waved slightly in the nighttime breeze. Her very presence seemed to chill the air. Isabel took a deep breath and walked up to her. She then knelt before her.

"Queen Salem," she greeted her with a voice devoid of emotion.

"Hello Isabel," Salem said gently. "Stand up, child, stand up."

Isabel obeyed, but kept her eyes downward. Salem hummed.

"Your children have grown strong. I can feel the love you have for them. It is strong."

Her voice was heavy with nostalgia.

Isabel sucked in a breath.

"I have done as you asked," she said, "I have researched all the old magics. I have no power in it-"

"But your mind is like one gifted by the gods, child," Salem said, almost gently, "Your Semblance is an echo of magic... But a strong one. It is why I made that deal with you, in your grief and desperation." She spread her hands out.

"Have I not kept my bargain? Have I not repaid it in full? I saved you. I saved the man you love. I saved your son when your medical arts could not heal him."

Isabel winced at every one of those statements. She nodded but an inch.

"I have done as you asked, searched for weapons to use against Ozpin," she said.

"They are weapons your family will wield for me," Salem stated firmly, "You will free this world from death with me. Your family would not exist if not for me."

"And you would make them your slaves, to be disposed of when no longer needed," Isabel said, holding back her anger with great difficulty. Salem stared intently at her.

"That is the way of the world," Salem said, "This war is older than your family has lived on this globe. I have seen things, known things you cannot grasp in my eternal search... My search for an end to death."

"Yet more than that, you seek freedom," Isabel argued. Salem snorted.

"There is no freedom for me-"

"The gods you gained power from, who made it so you were cursed," Isabel spoke up, "They are not my God. They may have claimed to have created this world, but they were lying. I have found... A loophole."

Salem stared intently at her. Isabel shook and reached into her labcoat. She held out her Scroll shakily. Salem took it, and scrolled through the spell book pages Isabel had scanned.

Isabel took a deep breath.

"Their curse that links you and this Ozma... It does not care who takes up the burden. They do not care, as long as two human souls, a woman and a man, are suffering their immortality."

Salem's red eyes glanced up at Isabel. They widened slightly. Isabel stood her ground and met her gaze evenly.

"You... Would have to switch with someone else. Take their life... Their identity," Isabel said quietly. "But you would be free... You could die. Only naturally, but... You would."

Salem stared at the magic runes and calculations. She slowly nodded.

"Yes... Yes. It could be done. But the other... Would have to continue the war on Ozma. There is no other way."

"That is true," Isabel said, "They would be bound to that fate. They would have to carry it out... But they would be in your place. Whereas you would be in..."

Salem's eyes narrowed.

"Yours?"

Isabel stared back, silent.

"You would give up your life? Your identity? Your family? To take the place of an ancient cursed witch?" Salem asked skeptically.

"To save them from your service?" She slowly nodded.

"I-I would."

Salem stared for a very long time at Isabel.

"What makes you think I would give up my power?"

"Because you are a prisoner of fate, Salem," Isabel said quietly. "You would have freedom at last. You would have... Everything. As long as you lived... L-Lived my life. As long as you didn't break the bargain... You would be free. And I... Bound to your fate."

Salem stared for a while longer.

"... You could not reveal who I really am," Salem stated. "You could not change my plan. You would be doomed... You would accept that all for your family?"

Isabel shakily nodded.

Salem smiled. It was not pleasant for her.

"Then... It shall be done. Thank you, my child. When I am free of this world... You may have it. May you find a way to conquer death yourself, and get revenge on the gods. As for me?"

She reached out her hand, the clearing billowing with Eldritch energies that blotted out the broken moon and the stars.

"I shall know peace at last," she hissed.

Isabel stared at her hand. She closed her eyes. Even now, her emotional control held.

She reached out, grasped Salem's hand... And everything went black.

- - -

Nick had finished the dishes. He joined his children in the living room, looking over his sword and checking its electromagnetic systems with a seasoned eye.

The doors to the Arc Farmhouse opened, and shut. The floorboards creaked in a new pattern. The Arcs all looked up in concern... A concern that vanished as Isabel stepped into view.

"Hey Mom," Jaune greeted, followed by his sisters, "Everything all right?"

Isabel smiled softly. She nodded, a flush on her cheeks.

"Oh, everything is just fine, Jaune," she said, "Just fine!"

Nick frowned in concern. Isabel beamed back at him. He cleared his throat.

"That thing you were worried about-?"

"Oh, it's all been taken care of, Nick," Isabel chuckled. "Everything is... perfect."

For a moment, Nick swore he saw a hint of red in his wife's eyes... Yet it vanished. He frowned but then shrugged as Isabel walked in and began to chat happily with her children.

Probably just a trick of the light, Nick reasoned, Still... Nice to see her smiling again.

- - -

A dark female figure stood at the edge of the woods. She stared at the Arc family through the large living room windows. Her red eyes were filled with tears that ran down her cheeks. She sobbed softly, before she bowed her head.

She turned away and vanished into a dark portal to return to the castle she was now bound to.

The Queen of the Grimm had a destiny to fulfill.

- - -

Bit more spooky but turned into something rather tragic. Still, I hope you enjoyed it.

- Jaune is a fantastic engineer, but all of his knowledge and skills have to do with things from lovecraftian cosmic horror weirdness.
Like Jaune can make a gun, but it has to be something like a slimy crab, has tentacles, eyeballs, needs to be fed with scrap iron and shoots acid lasers (nobody else knows how the consept of an acid laser is even possible, only that Jaune can somehow make strange crap like that).
You mean like the guns from Forgive Me Father games?

In all honesty, the team selections were still a bit of a mystery to Jaune.

"JNPR and RWBY?" Jaune muttered, as he stowed his gear in his locker, "seems pretty strange."

"I like Junipers!" Nora Valkyrie chirped, the energetic orangette practically bouncing around the room, "Juniper berries go great with Renny's tea!"

"Yeah but..." Jaune sighed. Ren cocked an eyebrow.

"Your friend Blake?" He asked. Jaune winced then shrugged.

"Yeah. I-I mean, no offense guys! I'm so glad to be here with you all," he smiled, "You all did great against that Deathstalker!"

"It was thanks to your leadership, Jaune," Pyrrha said with a shy smile as she sat on the bed opposite his, "You did very well."

"But you wish you could be with your companion," Ren surmised. Jaune nodded. Ren wore the ghost of a smile as Nora plopped down next to him.

"I understand," he said.

"Me too!" Nora said, "But now we'll all become great friends! We just gotta kill some more Grimm together and we'll be the best!"

Jaune laughed. Nora was a handful but he definitely liked her spirit.

"Absolutely," he agreed. "I promise guys: I'll be the best leader you could ask for."

Pyrrha again smiled warmly.

"I know you will," she said.

After that, they got ready for bed. The guys grabbed a shower first since they wouldn't take as long, and they got out and dressed for bed as soon as the girls went in. Jaune laid down to sleep in his twin bed and sighed, shutting his eyes.

If he was being completely honest? He did miss Blake being there. They'd slept cuddled up together in haylofts and in their tent. Nothing had ever happened, of course. He was a gentleman. He refused to take advantage of her, especially after what she had been through.

Still... He did miss her warmth.

I guess I'll just have to get used to going without, he decided.

Pyrrha and Nora emerged from the bathroom, dressed for bed. Nora pushed her bed up against Ren's and immediately plopped down to sleep next to him. Pyrrha watched this, blushed, then carefully avoided Jaune's gaze as she laid down in her own bunk. The lights went out. Jaune relaxed and did his best to fall asleep.

He heard a very faint creak. Something most people wouldn't have noticed. He opened one eye and scanned the room.

Nothing. He scanned for a moment more, before he slowly closed his eye.

Then he felt it: A warm, female, and familiar body slipping into his bunk. His eyes flew wide open as he jerked his head to look. There was Blake, sliding into his bed and wrapping her arms around him.

"Blake," Jaune hissed, "What are you doing-?!"

"Couldn't sleep," she explained softly. "You don't mind, do you?"

"I-Um-But the rules-You-!"

Blake snuggled into his side and closed her eyes.

"Good night," she murmured.

Jaune held back a long sigh. He laid back in the bunk and wrapped an arm around her.

Well, he had missed her company while sleeping.

I suppose this is on me, he thought, as he slipped into dreamland.

- - -

Classes at Beacon started after breakfast. First up was Professor Port's class: HIs stories were very long winded, but Jaune thought he could pick out the useful tips amidst all the blather. He also knew how to keep people's attention by bringing live Grimm into the classroom-Something Weiss handled with ease.

She really was incredible. It was hard not to stare.

They then went on to Combat Class, led by Professor Goodwitch. She called up pairs of students and had them fight. She was extremely stern but definitely knew her stuff. She could pick out everything right or wrong with a students' combat performance at a glance and made sure you knew it.

After a few matches, she gave Jaune a stern look before she called out:

"Jaune Arc, you're up against Cardin Winchester."

Jaune looked over at the scion of the Winchester family. The young man was a lot bigger and taller than him. He wore a cocky smirk as he walked up to the ring in his full armor, holding his large mace menacingly.

"You got this, Jaune-Jaune!" Nora said encouragingly. Blake and Ruby also gave him smiles.

"Show him what you've got, Vomit Boy!" Yang cheered.

Jaune got up and walked into the ring. He drew Crocea Mors and opened his shield up. Glynda looked between the two combatants.

"We will continue until one opponent's Aura is in the red, or there is a ringout. Ready? Begin!"

Cardin charged and swung his mace hard, obviously trying for a knockout right away. Jaune waited until the very last second and danced out of the way of the strike. He swung his blade, charged with Aura, and swung for Cardin's arm.

"GAH!"

The taller boy was slammed back. Jaune pressed the advantage, striking furiously as Cardin began to guard. The redhead swung his mace around furiously, but Jaune was too quick and nimble after training against Blake for months to let it catch him. He deflected one blow of the mace with his shield before he stepped in and stabbed Cardin in the gut. Cardin snarled then charged up his mace.

He slammed it down on the sandy floor, unleashing a massive blast of Fire Dust. Jaune was blown off his feet and slammed onto his back. He grunted in pain, then rolled, just barely getting out of the way of Cardin's next mace slam.

All right... Gotta finish this quick, he thought. He rolled up onto his feet and took a wide stance. He channeled his Aura, toughening himself up. Cardin smirked and charged again, relying on his bulk to steamroll Jaune.

Jaune held his ground, waiting... Waiting...

Now!

He ducked under Cardin's swing and rammed his shield up into his gut. Channeling his Aura to boost his strength, he twisted his hips and swung his blade at Cardin's feet. Thanks to Aura, he didn't cut through them-But the force sent Cardin into a stumble.

A stumble that Jaune used to pitch him right out of the ring. Cardin slammed down on the wooden floor outside the sand hard. He grunted, and got to his feet. He gaped in disbelief as Professor Goodwitch held up her riding crop.

"Winner, Jaune Arc."

"WOOHOO!" Nora cheered loudly.

"YAY!" Ruby added.

Cardin glared angrily at Jaune, who kept his facial expression neutral. He didn't want to appear too smug.

Goodwitch summoned them both into the center of the ring, where she gave them her assessment:

"Mister Winchester: Good to try and take initiative right off the bat, but brute force is not always going to win. Your opponent was able to turn things around with some good tactics and quick thinking. Remember, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is. In addition, while unleashing a Dust blast at point blank range can work in a dangerous situation, it can also easily backfire and cause yourself damage. Only save it as an absolute last resort."

"Yes ma'am," Cardin managed, shooting Jaune a dirty look. Glynda looked at Jaune with a raised eyebrow.

"Good footwork and tactical thinking, Mister Arc. However, your inexperience shows: You got a bit sloppy. Continue to refine your combat skills, as you will not be able to defeat all opponents with a ring out."

"Yes ma'am," Jaune said with a nod. Goodwitch hummed.

"That strength boosting technique. Did you learn it from your mother?"

"Er... Sort of," Jaune allowed with a shrug. Goodwitch nodded.

"Continue to improve it, Mister Arc. As it is, it can give you a temporary boost in strength in battle but it clearly took you time to charge it up. Had Mister Winchester noticed that, he could have struck before you were ready and then you would be in real trouble."

Cardin looked calculating at that. Jaune nodded again.

"Yes ma'am."

Jaune felt pretty good all said when he returned to his seat with his team. Even Weiss seemed to be somewhat approving.

Blake just sat down on his other side and smiled.

"Good work," she said, "I knew you could do it."

"Thanks to you," Jaune said gratefully. Blake's smile grew by a fraction. Pyrrha, Yang, and even Ruby all noticeably tensed.

Which was strange, but soon forgotten as Jaune watched the next bout between students.

- - -

Lunch was pretty uneventful. Or at least, that's what Jaune had hoped it would be. Cardin was still in a bad mood after his defeat in combat class, and was now tormenting a young rabbit Faunus girl. He tugged on her ears, making her cry out.

"Haha! What do you know? They are real!" He laughed.

"Ow! Pl-Please, don't!" The rabbit Faunus girl cried out.

Jaune was already on his feet and about to intervene. He couldn't stand to see this happen and refused to allow it: He wasn't weak anymore, he had strength...

Which was went Doctor Knowall, as if appearing out of nowhere, calmly grabbed Cardin's wrist and squeezed. The redheaded boy yelped and let go, as Knowall lifted his wrist.

"Now now, Mister Winchester," Knowall stated in a kind of teasing voice, "Save that kind of play with your crush in private."

Cardin and the rabbit Faunus girls' cheeks went bright red. Cardin found his voice first.

"Wh-What?! Professor, I didn't-URK!"

Knowall squeezed Cardin's wrist and the young man grunted in pain. He looked up in fear at the terrifying smile the doctor now wore.

"The alternative interpretation," the doctor stated quietly but still loud enough to be heard, "Is that the son of a Councilman decided to bully a girl a year ahead of him because she was a Faunus. This would reflect very poorly on him and his family, and might even become grounds for expulsion. Further, even if you weren't expelled, it would spread among the student body and later on to any potential future employers you might have. That you are a bully and a coward who picks on others just to make yourself feel big. Now... Which interpretation shall we be going with, Mister Winchester?"

Cardin grimaced. The doctor's grip on his wrist tightened.

"I... I'm sorry...!" Cardin managed. "I-I won't... Do it again...!"

"Now, why don't you apologize to this young lady and offer to take her out to dinner as recompense for your clumsy attempt to woo her?" Knowall asked, all smiles. He finally let go of Cardin's wrist. The young man rubbed his wrist, blushed, and then looked over at the blushing young Faunus rabbit.

"I'm... I'm really sorry... Can I please buy you dinner?" Cardin ground out, shooting fearful glances at Knowall every so often.

The rabbit Faunus girl, oblivious to this, blushed harder and nodded.

"S-Sure! Um... I'm Velvet Scarlatina, what's your name?"

"C-Cardin Winchester," he returned, stuttering in shock. Velvet smiled at him, and rubbed her ears.

"I um... Let's maybe work out when and where?"

Cardin again glanced at Knowall, then back at the rabbit Faunus girl. He sighed in resignation.

"Sure."

They walked off together. Knowall looked around at everyone's stares and raised an intimidating eyebrow.

"Don't you have food to eat? Nothing to see here," he stated firmly. Most of the students did so. Yang watched him with starry eyes as he turned and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Wow... He actually made the bully take her out on a date?" She giggled. "Damn! That is twisted! I kind of like it!"

"Isn't that just rewarding the brute?" Weiss sniffed. "Still... I-I admire his composure."

"Weiss, you're bright red, are you feeling okay?" Ruby asked.

"I-I'm fine!" Weiss said quickly, shaking her head. Yang laughed.

"Careful now, you don't wanna get melt, Weisscream!"

"Sh-Shut up!"

Jaune frowned as he turned back to his food. Pyrrha, ever alert to his moods, frowned with him. As did Blake.

"Something wrong, Jaune?" Blake asked. "He did deal with that bully."

"It's just that... He was using a technique of my mom's," Jaune murmured, "But it's one she's never taught to anyone... No one that I know of."

"Maybe he figured it out himself?" Ren suggested. "Beacon only hires the best."

"Maybe," Jaune allowed. "Still... Maybe I'll sent her an email. Just to ask."

- - -

Doctor Knowall twitched and shuddered. He shook his head and frowned. While not exactly superstitious, even after all he'd been through? That still felt like a bad sign.

Still... He supposed he would deal with it when it came. No sense worrying about it right now. He had a future to save.

Normally I don't bother saying something since I've already made my opinion on Velvet x Cardin (not a fan) and as such I have no desire to impose my own opinion on anothers, but I'd rather you didn't ship Cardin and Velvet like this. She's being bullied, she's not going to blush and someone coming in and forcing them together is not in good taste. If you're going to do it, at least have them go on a date after Cardin apologizes or something and not be forced into it. It just feels disgusting and uncomfortable when it's done like that. Otherwise, enjoyed the chapter, thanks.

Last edited:
Ruby yanked the shirt up, up... Over his head. Her blush intensified as she got a good look at what was underneath.

Oh... My... Pyrrha's been training him really well... Why does he look so good? Why do I like looking-?
She then saw something else. Several something elses. Her eyes widened, and she fell back in shock and horror.

There were... Scars. Ranging from a white round blemish the same size as a 9 millimeter round near his left nipple, to three white ragged claw marks on his left side. Other cuts were all over his body. Ruby's hands went to her mouth and tears peaked at the corners of her eyes. Raw horror and guilt filled her as Jaune yanked his shirt back down. She chanced a glance up at his face.

He looked... Concerned.

"Ruby? Rubes, you okay? Wh-Why are you crying? What's wrong?"

"Wha... What...?"

Jaune glanced down at his chest. He let out a small sigh and shook his head.

"Oh. These," he mumbled.

A tense, awkward silence fell. Ruby sniffled.

Oh... Oh God, I... I'm such a terrible person, she thought, He was hiding these... He was...!

"Wha... What happened?" Ruby managed shakily. She shut her eyes tightly and shook her head.

NO! How could you-He was HIDING THEM FOR A REASON, IDIOT! Oh God, he must hate me now! He must think I'm a jerk! I'm the worst friend ever, I can't believe I just-!

She felt his hand rest on her shoulder. She opened her eyes and sniffled. She avoided his gaze... Until he cupped her chin and tilted her head up.

He was smiling gently, still very concerned.

"Sorry," he murmured, "Um... Well. Turns out that hiking all the way out from Radian without Aura was... Not the best idea."

OH! This gives me an idea ~ >:}

What if? Jaune on his way to Beacon fell into the Ever After and went through all the Rusted Knight story then returned to Remnant just in time to join to canon... all while not having his Aura unlocked

When Pyrrha unlocks it, he is beating himself up inside from all the Ever After stuff he could have avoided with it

What We Like New
What We Like

3 years post AJT's canon

Jaune, Ren, and Whitley watch while nearly a dozen females are locked in what looks like one large fight to the death free-for-all. There were explosions and crashes everywhere. Screams and roars, with glyphs, petals, metal, smoke, shattering, and every different element being thrown around.

Jaune and Ren had quiet acceptance expressions on their faces. The only one looking even remotely concerned was Whitley who actually looked like he wanted to intervene but held himself back as he kept watching the chaos and glancing at the other two. Hell, they looked almost relaxed! Jaune was on his feet at least, even though he was leaning his left side against the tree next to him with one foot planted and the other crossed at the shin behind it the toes touching the ground. Ren on the other hand was sitting lotus position! He even had his eyes closed.

"Uh" Whitely started getting Jaune's eyes to shift to him and Ren to slightly tilt his head to show he was listening. "Are we going to do anything about them?" Whitley asked as they heard Nora roar and slamming her hammer into the ground causing even them to feel the ground quake as the area around her slam cracked and crumbled under the strain of the hit.

Hearing his question Ren opened his eyes and he and Jaune shared a quick look before his eyes re-closed. "No." was all Ren replied.

"B-but they are seriously destroying the clearing!" Whitely replied.

Jaune's eyes went back to the younger white haired young man. "We're aware. But their destruction is isolated and as long as they don't get too far from here Ozpin, Goodwitch, or anyone else won't care." Jaune gained a small smile and chuckled "Hell, Port may even commend them for the destruction." Ren snorted lightly trying to hide it behind a cough but the small smile he had betrayed his amusement for the joke.

"Ok, but they could seriously hurt each other!" Whitely argued.

This caused Ren to open his eyes again as he and Jaune shared another look. Ren at least looked a Whitely this time as he answered, "No, they won't. They are far too stubborn for that."

"Yeah, there is not much that can put any of them down. Hell, your partner is part of my cousin clan, the Fuujin. I know she is the youngest next to Ruby in there, but she seems to be holding up quite fine." Jaune added on.

That is when they heard a shout from a girl in an orange and black coat with an orange version of Yang's black short shorts. She had golden blonde hair similar to Jaune's in color that she had styled in a set of twin tails that went down to almost her mid-back. and blue eyes that were a couple of touches lighter than his but still darker than Weiss's. She threw her hands forward, and a huge wave of wind launched out of them sending most of the others away, other than the couple who could dodge or get some cover. Turning up the ground from the pressure in the process.

The three men had watched the attack. Jaune giving a low whistle seeing mostly successful attack and destruction it wrought. "Look at her go."

Ren nodded in agreement, "Indeed, Kiiro, seems to have gotten quite better with her output the last few months."

His words shook Whitely out of his daze at seeing the destruction his partner wrought. "Of course she has! With our training, I have been working here to get as much out of her wind as possible for as little aura usage as possible. Even though it doesn't matter much for her since she has a ridiculous level of reserves."

Jaune scratched the stubble on his chin in thought, "Yeah, our bloodline is quite known for a huge amount of aura. Glad to see she is getting a more refined control of it." He gets a sly smirk on his face as his eyes go back to Whitely. "Spending a lot of time with her huh?" Jaune asks with an innocent tone.

Whitely, whose eyes had gone back to the brawl, didn't see Jaune's face when he asked the question. "Of course, we're partners after all. I have to make sure the partner of a Schnee is amazing."

Jaune smirk became the grin of a Cheshire cat, "So she's amazing, huh?"

"Without question!" Whitely retorted. "She's more than amazing she's-" Whatever he was going to say tied in his thoughts as he slowly turned to Jaune and Ren sounding like a heavy metal door.

Jaune still had that damned grin of his while Ren had gained a small crooked smile, his eyes full of mirth.

Whitely gained a healthy blush, and on his pale white skin the redness was even more prominent.

"I actually been meaning to ask you both something." He said quietly his eyes aimed at the ground and head tilted that way as well.

Jaune and Ren lost their amused expressions and met each other's eyes again both having a small look of concern.

"Yeah of course man. What's the question?" Jaune gently prodded.

"Why are you guys with your partners? Most are the opposite of you. Like you, Jaune: Yang, my sister Weiss, Blake, Neo, and Cinder seem to be the exact opposite of you. I can understand Ruby or Pyrrha or even both. Both have matching or at least the closest personalities to you, yet you are with all of them where a majority are in "different categories". And you Ren, Nora is just about the polar opposite of you as someone can get. Even if she carried a torch for so long. Why are you with her when it seemed like she didn't work?

He had gained both their undivided attention, and he could see the gears turning behind their eyes. Again, they shared a look, and Ren gave him a slight nod, which Jaune returned. Jaune got up from his leaning position to fully straighten and turn to the young man.

"While it's true our relationships don't fully make sense, hell even I am still surprised by mine. I don't know how I got so many girls interested in me and I am still amazed I have kept all of them happy these last 2 years. But even though they are all so different on the surface, they are all so much deeper than those couple surface-level stuff they show off. All of them are so wonderfully kind and caring, that a couple have to have it coaxed out, but I have seen they are enjoying how much they are helping people now. And if not fully that, I know they love seeing how happy I am at all the good they do. And even though it isn't fully for the right reasons I am still glad they are doing good now."

"Yes, most have some emotional baggage or some issues but who doesn't? No one is perfect. It is seeing all the good and bad of a person and still staying with them through the ups and downs of life as they do the same for you."

Ren nodded his head, "Indeed, Nora and I met on the worst day of my life. And we stuck together for years. We have been to each other's rocks that entire time. I have loved her for as long as she loved me. But I always feared I wasn't good enough for her, that she deserved someone more expressive or emotional than me. But she finally beat into my head she didn't want that and she decided who was good enough for her, and in her eyes, I was the only person good enough."

"W-wow," Whitely stuttered out. Amazed by how beautiful their explanations were. They were so deep and full of meaning it almost him want to lose a few tears for how moved he felt.

"But honestly?" Jaune said gaining a slightly embarrassed expression with Ren matching him. Whitely looking at them in confusion.

"We like a pretty girl that can fight." Jaune and Ren said in almost perfect unison.

Whitely's reality cracked at that as he gave them the best deadpan look he could give. It had nothing on the stoicism that was Ren's been he got pretty close.

"This can't be real life." Whitely said with a groan.

"Yet it is," Jaune responded as they all turned their expression to the brawl that seemed to be finishing up.

"Oh, you break my cousin's heart? I castrate you." Jaune nonchalantly says

"Wait what?!"

Ren nodded, "I'll help if it happens."

Phew this got way deeper near the end there then I wanted it to, I blame the music I was listening to.

Also yes the blonde OC is genderbent Naruto if she was in the RWBY world. Kiiro means yellow in Japanese.

So, it just dawned on me that I used some terminology during my Vortigen plot bunny that are unfamiliar to you guys; since they're more of a headcanon than anything but, here goes:

[Soul]: Aetheric Quintessence possessed by both Humans and Animals (and thus, by Faunus as well by extension). Created by the fusion of the powers of both Light and Dark, it is the source of life and power for all sentient Remnantian beings.

[Aura]: Also called "The Light of One's Soul"; it is a power that can be called upon and used by harnessing the Power of Light within the Soul. Exceptions to this rule are [The Heralds of Bliss], Judgment Elementals who were created by the Brother God of Light and are composed of nothing but Light.

[Lore]: Also called "The Darkness of One's Soul"; it is a power that can be called upon and used by harnessing the Power of Darkness within the Soul. Exceptions to this rule are [The Creatures of Grimm], Destruction Elementals who were created by the Brother God of Dark and are composed of nothing but Darkness.

[Bliss]: Their actual names are [The Heralds of Bliss], but are colloquially known as [Bliss] for short. They are Judgment Elementals who were created by the Brother God of Light and are composed of nothing but Light. They have no [Soul], but are instead guided by the [Will] of their creator and live only to fulfill the [Purpose] for their creation. They can all use Aura and also possess Silver Eyes. While none have been sighted in the modern age, they were far more common during the mythical Age of Magic, well-known to gather where evil intent was most potent in order to exterminate the source. They and [The Creatures of Grimm] will always prioritize each other as targets to destroy. Humans who have fully materialized "The Light of Their Own Soul" will have their eyes become Silver. A certain bloodline has been observed to possess an unnaturally high affinity towards Light and can harness the powers of [The Heralds of Bliss]; they are known as [Silver-Eyed Warriors].

[Grimm]: Their actual names are [The Creatures of Grimm], but are colloquially known as [Grimm] for short. They are Destruction Elementals who were created by the Brother God of Dark and are composed of nothing but Darkness. They have no [Soul], but are instead guided by the [Wrath] of their creator and live only to fulfill the [Purpose] for their creation. They can all use Lore and also possess Black Blood. Well-known to gather where negative feelings are most potent in order to exterminate the source. They and [The Heralds of Bliss] will always prioritize each other as targets to destroy. Humans who have fully materialized "The Darkness of Their Own Soul" will have their blood become Black. A certain bloodline has been observed to possess an unnaturally high affinity towards Darkness and can harness the powers of [The Creatures of Grimm]; they are known as [Black-Blooded Guardians].

**Incidentally; one could consider the Jabberwalker as the proto-Grimm, and the Curious Cat as the proto-Bliss**

To continue from this post

[Od]: Known as "The Totality of One's Soul", it is the power born when one fuses one's own [Aura] and [Lore] into one single energy source (think something akin to History's Strongest Disciple's merging of Sei Ki and Dou Ki). The resulting boost in one's spiritual power and potency is so immense as to be described as exponential, but this process has a very high failure rate and a just as high levels of risks. Imperfect fusions result in the user's [Body], [Mind] and [Soul] suffering severe damage due to the resulting recoil of such a sudden and colossal burst of power. Imperfect fusions are only temporary, though their duration and side-effects vary depending of how close the individual was into achieving a perfect fusion (the closer to perfect, the greater the duration; and the lower the resulting recoil). Perfect fusions are permanent and have no side-effects; but it requires perfect and absolute knowledge and control of both [Aura] and [Lore] in order to achieve. This is one of the two exceptional powers the [Demon King Vortigen] possessed, alongside the [Rainbow Eyes]. It is also a power that Second Humanity (also includes Faunus) could theorethically possess.

[Magic]: Known as "The Gift of Divinity", it allows one to harness [Divine Authority] due to association with [Divinity]. In Ever Afterans, it is due to being freely given it by [The Blacksmith]; also known as [The Great Mother] and [The Great Tree]. In the case of Remnantians, it was granted to [First Humanity] by [The Brother God of Dark]; but taken away after the [Day of Judgment], when the Brother Gods eradicated the entirety of [First Humanity]. Only Salem and Ozma still retain this power and in the latter's case it was further split into four individuals known collectively as [The Four Maidens]. That said, while [Brother Gods] may have abandoned humanity and taken away their gift, [The Great Mother], unknown to certain five people in question, had planted a [Seed of a Spark of Magic] within them; meant to bloom when the individuals in question would most need it. RWBY and Jaune's trek in the Ever After will not have been for naught, and [The Great Mother] has every intention to make it up to her [Grandchildren] for her [Children]'s mistakes.

Another post about a headcanon of mine.

[Rainbow Eyes]

Apocryphally called [The Eyes of The Origin], [The Eyes of The Great Mother] and [The Flame of the Source], can only unlocked by beings who possess the Essences of both Light and Darkness, and only by those very select few [Souls]. All [Souls] are NOT created equal, and the conditions to awaken the [Rainbow Eyes] only makes this fact even more clear.

One can possess both [Silver Eyes] and [Black Blood]; yet, if your [Soul] lacks a certain [Attribute], you will not awaken [Rainbow Eyes]. Alternatively, one's [Soul] may possess the prerequisite [Attribute]; but if they lack both [Silver Eyes] and [Black Blood], they will not awaken [Rainbow Eyes].

While animals DO have [Souls], only [Humans] and [Faunus] [Souls] possess a high enough existential weight to actually possess the prerequisite [Attribute], meaning that even if, for example, Zwei managed to materialize both "The Light and The Darkness of His Soul" and possessed [Grimm] and [Bliss] characteristics; his [Soul] would never possess that required [Attribute] (If the God of Animals or any other entity were to turn him into a Faunus, however....)

The [Attribute] is NOT hereditary, and in fact is simply no different than winning the jackpot in a lottery, and neither there is a reliable way to tell who's [Souls] inherit this specific [Attribute] until the moment they awaken [Rainbow Eyes]. And even IF one were to awaken [Rainbow Eyes], one would not necessarily be strong enough to use them for long without feeling a massive strain ([Rainbow Eyes] are [Divine] in nature after all, of an existential weight far beyond even the [Brother Gods]); that is, if they are even powerful enough to use them at all.

Stealing the [Rainbow Eyes] from their original wielder and implanting them into yourself is a STUPID IDEA!!! There are, in fact, far less agonizing ways to commit suicide.....like dancing the hula naked in front of a pack of frenzied [Beowulves], for example.

****Here's a meta shortlist of the one's who would possess the [Attribute], in my mind. For the record: having all the prerequisites to awaken [Rainbow Eyes] from your very birth is to basically win every single jackpot prize in the superpower lottery****

--The Blacksmith (DUH!!)
--The Brother Gods (if they fused....somehow)
--Demon King Vortigen (see: Jaune Arc)
--The White Lady (see: Summer Rose)
--The Rusted Knight (see: Jaune Arc)
--The Lively Carpenter (see: Summer Rose)
--The Dragon Witch
--The Table Breaker
--Nicholas Schnee
--Klein Sieben (After fusing all 7 personalities)
--Tyrian Callows
--Nicholas Arc
--Summer Rose
--Bianca Prisma
--Gillian Asturias
--Jaune Arc
--Ilia Amitola
--May Zedong/Maia Sarkara
--Zwei (if he becomes a Faunus)
--Ruby Rose
--Oscar Pine (Not Ozma/Ozpin; Oscar Pine himself)
--Penny Polendina (when turned [Human])
--Little/Somewhat (Post-Ascension)

Last edited:
Jaune SI BS 29: The Dance Part 4 New
After that, Jaune decided against any more matchmaking. It just wasn't going to end well. He couldn't get a Nat 20 every time, after all.

So he helped Yang and Ruby with setting up the decor for the dance in the Grand Ballroom. Hanging streamers, setting up the lights, and the bandstand...

Jaune: "Okay... We didn't get the Achieve Men, thank God, but we got a nice Fuujin band on their Valean tour to perform."

Yang: "A heavy metal maid band?"

Jaune: grins and shrugs "They're pretty awesome to listen to, gimmick aside. Also, nice color choices!"

Yang: "Thanks! I did actually learn some charm school stuff from Sister Lucy on Patch."

Jaune: "Wow... What's she like?"

Yang: "She's pretty awesome for an old lady. She helped Ruby and I with our homework when Dad couldn't do it, taught us cooking, cleaning, knitting, all sorts of things. She helped Uncle Qrow get Dad back into shape too... Mostly by yelling at him and waving her cane."

Jaune: "Heh... She sounds incredible."

Yang: "You wanna meet her? I mean... I did meet your parents."

Jaune: "I'm uh... I mean, sure. Shouldn't I meet your dad first?"

Yang: "I thought we were taking it slow? You wanna start picking out rings, VB?" winks "I could give you a ring right now~."

Jaune: "I-You-But-!"

Yang giggled. Jaune sighed.

Jaune: "Geez..."

Yang: "Gotta keep you on your toes, VB." She nuzzled him "Mmm..."

Jaune: "Thanks. I just... I mean... How do you feel about this? I feel like I'm making a lot of decisions here and maybe I'm not listening to you as much as I should."

Yang: "You act like this stern alpha male in battle but now you're asking about my feelings?"

Jaune: "Says the biker chick who knows how to make amazing pancakes and has an apron that says-"

Yang punches him lightly in the side with red cheeks. Jaune snickers.

Jaune: "Owww...! What? It's cute!"

Yang: "Just-Not so loud, okay?"

Jaune: "Why? I like that you don't fit into any one box."

Yang: "Y-yeah, well... I like that about you, too." Smiles and nuzzles him "Hmmm... I mean... I'll admit I kind of... Worry... About you getting stolen away."

Jaune: "Yang-"

Yang: "But the fact you actually care about me so much and aren't just rushing to... To the good parts? That means everything."

Jaune: genuinely confused "These are the good parts, Yang."

Yang: bright red "..." She kissed him deeply and wrapped her arms around him "Mmmm~..."

Jaune: "Mmph?! Mmmm...!"

Jaune's Brain: Holy shit this is amazing I love this so much...! MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE-HOLY SHIT!

Glynda: "AHEM."

The two blonds separate, blushing brightly.

Glynda: "I believe you two have work to do? Which doesn't involve making out?"

Yang: "C-Come on, Professor! We were just uh... Getting in the spirit of things!"

Jaune: "T-Totally!"

Glynda: "That requires your tongues to be in eachother's mouths?"

Yang: "... Yes."

Glynda: "Please Miss Xiao-Long... Wait for that until your senior year at least?" Glares at Jaune "Even your parents were able to graduate before full consummation."

Jaune: "Shows what you know. My oldest sister Saphron was born exactly nine months after the liberation of Pandu. So she was at the graduation ceremony too."

Glynda: "And if you want to see your own graduation ceremony, you'll both get back to work!"

Yang and Jaune: "Yes ma'am!"

They do get back to work. Jaune is under a LOT of scrunity by Goodwitch... While Yang watches him with a dreamy look in her eyes.

She recalls a fairy tale Sister Lucy and her mother read her... About a Knight and a Princess.

"Take my hand," said the knight to the princess, "for the world is a big and scary place. I will protect you from all danger, and you will protect me when I fall. And we will walk this world, hand in hand, together."

It was just a childhood story and so much in her life made her doubt it... But when she was with Jaune? She wanted to believe.

It seemed like it took forever but the night of the dance finally arrived. JNPR was all set and ready. They walked out of their dormroom to wait on RWBY in the hallway.

Pyrrha: "Y-You look great, Jaune."

Jaune's Brain: Ohhh my God she's hot. She's unbelievably hot. Like Starfire drawn by a pro hentai artist hot. GAH! No, no... I am not going to think about it. Don't focus on it! She's beautiful and your FRIEND... That's it! A friend who is madly in love with you-SHUT UP!

Jaune: "You too." He smiled "And I'll save you a dance tonight."

Pyrrha: "Oh, thank you!"

Jaune: "But, you're also going to go out and dance with some other guys, all right?"

Pyrrha: flush "... I mean... If you want me to-"

Jaune: "No, that's not what I meant. I mean I want you to have a good time, Pyr. Really."

Jaune's Brain: That should help...

Pyrrha: "I... I see."

Nora: "We're totally gonna have a great time! Ooh! Ooh! I can't wait for Ren to shoot a bottle and get me a stuffed sloth doll!"

Jaune: "Er, we don't have that at the dance Nora."

Nora: "What?! What kind of a dance is this?!"

Jaune: "But that will be available at the Vytal Festival! You just need to be a little patient, okay?"

Nora: "Hmmm... Renny? Will you shoot a bottle and get me a stuffed sloth at the festival?"

Ren: "Of course."

Nora: beams "YAY! I am appeased!"

The door to RWBY's dormroom opens. Ruby comes out first in her dress and heels. She pouts.

Ruby: "Ugh. I hate lady stilts!"

Jaune: "You still look nice, Ruby."

Ruby: "R-Really?" blush "Thanks!"

Weiss emerges next, shaking her head at Ruby.

Weiss: "You can literally run up vertical surfaces and yet you have an issue with high heels?"

Ruby: "It's totally different pressures and mechanics involved, darnit! Why do we even wear these things?"

Jaune: "Makes you look taller and shows off your legs."

Ruby: bright red "... Huh... Um... I mean, that doesn't sound too bad..."

Blake emerges next, and gives Jaune a smile.

Blake: "Hello Jaune."

Jaune: "Hello Blake. You look very nice."

Jaune's Brain: Ohhh fuck she's hot. She's so hot... WHY ARE THEY ALL SO HOT?! EVEN RUBY IS HOT! HOW DO I DEAL WITH THAT?!

Blake: smiles "Are you sure that's all you want to say?"

Jaune: tightly "Yes. Very."

Blake: "Hmph. Well, here's Yang."

Blake moves aside. Jaune of course recalls how Yang looked in the show and in fanart... None of it does the real thing justice.

Yang: "H-Hey... So uh... How do I look?"

Jaune: "..."

Jaune's Brain: Say something... SAY SOMETHING. SAY THE FIRST THING TO COME TO MIND!

Yang: "Um... Jaune?"

Jaune: "... Humina... Pretty..."

Blake: "I think you broke his brain."

Weiss: "He had a brain?"

Jaune: shakes his head rapidly "I mean... You look amazing, Yang. Like an angel."

Yang: flush "Geez... You don't usually go for the flowery praise, you know."

Jaune: "Oh? Is that a problem-?"

Yang takes his arm and leans against him with a smile.

Yang: "Nope. Keep it up, Wordsmith. After all, a pun is like poetry."

Weiss: "They are not remotely the same."

Yang: "Says you!"

The part heads out to the ballroom. They run into May, who is in a beautiful red and gold sari. Her escort is... A surprise.

Weiss: "Neptune?!"

Neptune: "Hm? Oh, hey Snow Angel. I just asked the princess if she wanted to go to the dance, and she said yes." He grins and winks "I'm gonna show her a great time!"

May: "Oh, um, thank you. Hello Jaune! Hello everyone!" beams

Jaune: "Hey May! You look very nice."

Neptune: grins "Arc. I'm going out with your godsister. Hope you don't mind?"

Jaune: "Dude, it's not me you have to worry about. May is a sniper after all. And her dad is the best archer in the world. He could probably hit you from Vale if you make her cry."

Neptune: gulps "Uh... N-Not that I'm going to! Not at all!"

May: giggles "It's appreciated, Jaune, but don't worry! Neptune's a nice guy... When he doesn't strut so much."

Neptune: "Oh, hey!"

They head off ahead of the group. Weiss scowls after them.

Ruby: "You okay Weiss?"

Weiss: "I'm fine... Jaune? May I also get in a dance with you?"

Jaune: "Er... If Yang's okay with it?"

Yang: "Yeah, I'm okay with it."

Cardin and Velvet show up next. Velvet looks radiant, even as her belly begins to round from her pregnancy. Cardin has an arm around her shoulders protectively.

Jaune: "Hey guys!"

Blake: "Hello Velvet!"

Cardin: "Hey!"

Velvet: "Hey!" She giggles "This is so exciting! I'm glad Coco could adjust my dress in time for the dance!"

Jaune: "You look great!"

Velvet: "Aw, thank you!" snuggles with Cardin "Mmm... Cardin liked it too. We nearly didn't get out on time~."

Cardin: pleased blush "Velv, c-come on..."

Velvet: "Awww... But I wanna show off my wonderful man~!"

Cardin: "Just... Not all the time, huh?"

Velvet: "Aww... All right." kisses his cheek "Mmm... Anyway, see you inside!"

They leave. Nora blinks.

Nora: "Wow. They're really affectionate, huh?"

Ren: "Yes."

Yang: "Why aren't we like that, Jaune?"

Weiss: "Because we'd kill you if you were that disgusting all the time?"

Yang: "Bring it on~! You might get a hit on me if I was making out with Jaune~!"

Weiss: "Why you-!"

Cinder and her team show up. Emerald and Mercury are holding hands. Mint is prancing about in her dress and shooting flirty looks at Jaune. Cinder... Is less than pleased with her date.

Cinder: "Hello all."

Jaune: "Hey Cinder, Emerald, Mercury, Mint... Jack."

Jackie Arc is Jaune's cousin. He resembles Jaune in most details save for his greener eyes, messier shorter hair, and air of douche. He's in a loud green suit and grins back.

Jack: "Hey Cousin Jaune! Wow... You got yerself a whole harem!"

Jaune: "They're friends."

Jack: "Well, maybe they'd like to be my friends too-?" Cinder twists his hand painfully "OW OWOWOWOW! CUZ! HELP!"

Jaune: "I admire your restrait, Cinder. Usually I wanna deck him after five minutes of listening to him."

Cinder: twitch "I'm sure he'll behave himself the rest of the night. Won't he?"

Jack: "Y-YES! YES! TOTALLY!"

Cinder lets him go and smiles dangerously.

Cinder: "Good~."

Pyrrha: "So... You're Jaune's Cousin? It's nice to meet you!"

Jack: "Oh boy, it absolutely is! Man, Pyrrha Nikos in a dress? You know, I do photography for a... Fairly reputable website. I was wondering if I could get you to pose-?"

Cinder looks like she's about to melt Jack's head off. Of course, she can't.

Jaune: "Anyway! Why don't we all go inside?"

Yang: "Yeah, we need to be at the front desk anyway."

Cinder: "Sounds good."

Cinder's entourage enters. RWBY and JNPR head in too. Jaune and Yang take their seats at the front desk and begin to take tickets.

Ruby: "I mean... All those people..."

Jaune: "Relax Ruby. Look! There's Penny!"

Penny arrives with a happy smile. She takes Ruby's hands in hers.

Penny: "Hello Friend Ruby! I am so looking forward to this dance, aren't you?"

Ruby: beams "Definitely am now!"

They head off. Jaune and Yang relax a bit.

Yang: "I'm glad she'll have Penny along... Though it might mean that there's a fire by the end of it."

Jaune: "Oh, I'm pretty sure there will be one..."

Yang: "By the way, why did you set up your cousin with Cindy? You want her to hate you?"

Jaune's Brain: Well I do want to torture her a little since she is evil...

Jaune: "Eh... Maybe she'll whip Jack into shape. I gotta look out for family, after all..."

The Arc Clan: Aunt Irene New
- - -

Ruby was practically bouncing up and down for joy as she stood in the comic book shop line. Jaune was right behind her, similarly excited though not as bouncy.

"Oh my God oh my God oh my God, I can't believe that the Tim Pellegri is here and signing copies of Kamen Vale!" She squealed softly. It was absorbed by the shelves upon shelves of comic books and collectibles around them, but the rotund nerd ahead of them turned around and shushed her anyway. "Sorry!"

"It's cool," Jaune said with a smile, "I'm excited too. Just uh... Easy, huh? Poor Zwei's gonna hear you from here and come running."

Ruby scowled at her best male friend in the whole wide world.

"Are you saying my voice is squeaky?"

"I don't have to say that," Jaune said playfully, "You kind of prove it every time you speak."

"Oooh!" Ruby pouted. "Big talk from Mister Ukulele! It's not even a real instrument!"

"Is too," Jaune retorted, "Kamehameha Island made it its official instrument!"

"I-I'm just saying, nobody uses a weaponized ukelele in comics," Ruby sniffed.

"Well yeah, you couldn't hit anyone hard enough with one," Jaune nodded, "You'd want like, a bass guitar at least."

"Yeah but then you'd just break it," Ruby hummed, "Unless you built it with a proper aluminum frame..."

"I don't think an aluminum guitar would sound great, Rubes," Jaune deadpanned. Ruby shook her head.

"It can just be electric!"

"It doesn't sound the same!"

"Ugh, why are you such a music pendant?" Ruby groaned. Jaune shrugged.

"My mom made us all take piano lessons. Said it would let us do better in school."

"Did it?" Ruby asked, curious. "Cause I can make synth music with my electronics but I don't think it made me better at school!"

"I... Huh," Jaune rubbed his chin, "That is a good question."

"Next!"

Ruby and Jaune looked up. There was an impatient security guard standing in front of the table where the comic book writer sat patiently. Nearby was the entrance into the back of the store, protected by a simple purple curtain. Ruby and Jaune flushed.

"Oh!"

They immediately walked up to the desk and held out their copies of Kamen Vale: Volume 1. The comic creator, a balding man of Mistralian descent in a blue T-shirt with the titular character emblazoned on it, smiled and dutifully signed both books.

"Thanks for coming out guys," Chris said thankfully, "It means a lot! Promoting an indie book is still pretty tough."

"Oh, but this is great!" Ruby gushed, "I love how you present the struggles of a reluctant superheroine! She's reluctant not because of deep personal hang ups but because she's got no experience! And now she has to handle things herself because of all the people who tried to exploit her!"

"Yes, exactly!" Chris said with a vigorous nod.

"I like that she makes friends but also misses out on things," Jaune added. "Makes it feel a lot more, well, real."

"Yes," Chris said with a nod, "'Realistic' has kind of become a buzzword. A lot of people think it means everyone has to be an asshole. But for every bad person being selfish in the world, there are others who act kindly and responsibly. I don't think it's more realistic for everyone to be a jerk."

"Totally!" Ruby grinned. "So uh-Like-Did you base Kamen Vale on anyone in particular?"

Chris sucked in a breath.

"Oh, well-"

A truly drop dead gorgeous blonde woman with curves and a chest that might make even Professor Goodwitch envious stepped out from behind the curtain. She was dressed in the tight body suit and mask of Kamen Vale, her blue eyes glowing with mirth.

"I might have had a hand in it," the woman said in a silky smooth voice with a hint of an Altesian accent, "Isn't that right, Chris?"

"Y-Yeah, yeah," Chris managed. Ruby's eyes widened. She let out a high pitched squeal.

"Oh my God oh my God oh my God-Jaune-Jaune we gotta get a selfie-Jaune-?!"

Jaune's eyes were wide. At first Ruby scowled: Seriously?! Ogling a hot blonde bombshell when she was here?! It was so... Irritating!

"Aunt Irene?" Jaune breathed.

Irene's eyes widened behind her mask.

"Oh... Hello Jaune."

- - -

They met Irene in a cafe nearby as the weather was nice enough for it. She'd switched to more casual clothing: A white skirt, matching jacket, and white blouse that did everything possible to show off her body and made Ruby feel like a stick.

She normally didn't really care about this kind of stuff but... But Jaune was here and somehow that made things different. In a way she couldn't really articulate.

Irene calmly sipped some tea and smiled over it at Jaune and Ruby. The sounds of the city washed over them.

"Sorry I didn't call ahead," Irene apologized, "It was kind of a last minute job."

"No, no! That's totally fine!" Jaune said with a happy smile. He turned to Ruby. "Ruby, this is my aunt Irene. Auntie, this is Ruby Rose, my best friend at Beacon!"

"H-Hello," Ruby managed. She tilted her head. "So um... Are you like a real aunt or an honorary aunt? Because it's a little confusing."

Irene chuckled.

"The Arc family can be like that. But no, I am the younger sister of Jaune's mother. We have three brothers: Alexander, whom you've already met, Ken, and Trey. Isabel, Jaune's mother, is the eldest."

"Oh, I see," Ruby nodded. Honestly, she kind of found learning about families interesting. She knew so little about her own. "So, what do you do for work? I mean, are you a full time model?"

"Oh, me?" Irene chuckled modestly, "No, no. I do it from time to time to pay the bills and help with my freelance work. I actually do a lot of teaching."

"Teaching?" Ruby asked eagerly, "Teaching what?"

"Vytalese, believe it or not," Irene said with a smile and shrug, "It's the lingua franca of commerce thanks to their old Empire and plenty of places still don't speak it. Lets me travel a lot."

"Oh," Ruby said with a nod, "But uh... Um... Why is your Aura activated?"

Irene raised an eyebrow at Ruby.

"You saw that huh?" Irene asked quietly. There was a hint of a deadly edge in her voice, like she was about to pull a knife. Ruby winced.

Oh no... Did I offend her?!

"She has to travel to rough places sometimes," Jaune said with a smile, "That's what you said, right Auntie?"

Irene again was all smiles as she sipped her tea.

"Indeed. But honestly, I don't do much fighting. I'm not as good at it as I could be."

"O-Oh, sure!" Ruby nodded eagerly.

"It's good to see you doing well, Jaune," Irene said with a smile at her nephew, "I didn't think Izzy would ever let you leave the nest!"

"Um..." Jaune winced. Irene raised an eyebrow, then smirked.

"Oho? You ran away from home? That explains why she's been so tense when we talk."

Jaune winced harder. Ruby patted her best friend on his forearm.

"I just... I was going to realize my dream, one way or another," Jaune admitted quietly.

"Good."

Both teens looked up at the older women. Irene smiled proudly.

"When our parents died, your mother insisted on taking care of all of us," she said, "She was always stubborn. She wanted to make sure we could be happy and pursue our dreams. She sacrificed so much to make money and send it back to us. To let us keep the farm, to stay a family."

Irene sighed and shook her head.

"She made enough money to send Alex to seminary. Send Ken to financial school, Trey to a maritime academy. But she acted like our mother more than our sister. She thought she had to control everything we did just to ensure we were safe. That wasn't the case with us, and it wasn't with you. It's high time she learned this lesson."

"Wow... Thank you Auntie," Jaune said with a smile. Irene nodded fondly. Ruby blinked.

"Um... Where did she send you?" Ruby asked.

A dark look passed over Irene's face. It passed before she smiled beatifically.

"Oh, she sent me to Lady Browning's Preparatory Academy For Girls in Vale City," Irene explained, "Where I was to learn how to become a rich, proper lady."

Ruby's eyes widened. Jaune nodded with a grin.

"And Auntie's been an incredible lady ever since!"

"Mm, indeed," Irene said with a nod. "Oh, Jaune? Mind getting us some more tea?"

"Sure!" Jaune said cheerfully. He got up and headed back into the cafe. Ruby stared at Irene in horror.

"So," Irene said quietly, "You know?"

"I... Y-Yeah," Ruby managed in shocked horror, "Uncle Qrow helped with the... The cleanup. He told us stuff when he was... Um... Drunk."

Irene nodded slowly and set her tea cup down. Ruby steeled her courage.

"So... You're-They made you into a-?"

"I'm a teacher, that is what I do," Irene said quietly. "It's what I love doing. But my skills allow me to help out from time to time and ensure what happened to me? Will never happen to anyone else."

She smirked slightly.

"Plus, it pays really well."

"I-I see," Ruby muttered. Her eyes widened again.

"You-You're not-You don't have to kill me-I-I won't tell-!"

Irene chuckled again, an elegant sound.

"Relax sweetie," Irene said, "Do you think my cover so flimsy that you could blow it?"

"W-Well," Ruby pouted a little, "I mean I could! N-Not that I would! Honest!"

Irene nodded slowly. There was just a tiny hint of vulnerability around the woman's eyes.

"I know. I just ask that you don't tell Jaune. I... Do care about his opinion and if I tell him? I want it to be on my terms."

Ruby thought for a moment, then nodded.

"I-I won't. Promise."

Irene smiled.

"Good... I'm glad you're his friend. He was so sheltered for much of his life because of his illness. So shy, so awkward... Thank you."

Ruby blushed bright red.

"I um... I-I'm not much better," Ruby mumbled, "And I'm not very... I don't know if I'm a good friend back. I-I don't really know how to be. I-I think I do? But it's so hard sometimes and... Um, well..."

Irene scooted her chair around the table to sit right next to Ruby. Her smile was full of warmth. She reached out and squeezed Ruby's hand gently.

"Nobody is an expert at anything overnight," she said quietly, "It took me years to open up. To stand on my own. I'm sure you will too one day. So cut yourself some slack on that end, and take it a day at a time. Forcing it will not make it better. It will only make it artificial, a tool."

She shook her head.

"You don't want to become an empty shell who sees interacting with humans as just a game or a job," she said softly. "I almost became that if not for my friends and family. So please... Take good care of them."

Ruby nodded back, very seriously.

Jaune walked into view, carrying more tea on a serving platter. He grinned as he set it out.

"Just the way you like it, Auntie! You too, Ruby!"

"Thanks Jaune," Ruby said, smiling warmly at her best friend. He sat back down. Irene's Scroll went off and she checked it. She sighed in resignation.

"Oh darn. I need to meet with a client," she sighed. She beamed at Jaune apologetically. "Sorry Jaune. I'll meet back up with you and your friend next week?"

"That would be great!" Jaune nodded. Irene stood up and walked over to him. He stood up again and they hugged tightly. She planted a kiss on the top of his head and patted his shoulder. She smiled at Ruby.

"It was nice to meet you too, Ruby. Remember what I said, okay?"

"S-Sure," Ruby nodded with a nervous but grateful smile back. Irene turned and walked away, vanishing into the crowd. Jaune sat back down with Ruby, smiling at her.

"So uh... What do you think?" Jaune asked nervously.

"I think she's pretty cool," Ruby said with a smile.

"Yeah, she is," Jaune agreed. "Sometimes I feel like she's not telling me everything... But that's okay. I still think she's amazing."

"Y-Yeah," Ruby said softly. She scooted a little closer to Jaune. "So um... How did you get into Kamen Vale?"

"Oh, well, Auntie Irene told me about this thing she was doing and..."

- - -

The Amalthea Hotel was one of the jewels of Old Vale: A gorgeous high rise skyscraper, a symphony in glass, marble, and steel that still shone in the skyline like a beacon. It was the hotel, with a ground based casino, five star restaurants, pools, arcades, and many other distractions for eager tourists to the capital of Vale.

One of many penthouse suites on the upper floors was occupied by a black bearded, swarthy man of prodigious girth. He was dressed in a fine red silk robe and held a glass of wine in his hand as he surveyed the city.

He was Aizere Rakhimov, a rich Mistralian businessman from the Temujin Sub-Kingdom. He relaxed as he took in the view of the city, his grin oily and broad.

"Well... If the Valean underworld is gonna lose its head, another must take over," he chuckled to himself. He didn't know how it had happened, but Roman Torchwick had been left the most powerful man in Vale's underworld. Nature abhorred a vacuum, after all. Aizere had invested previously in Vale, and now? It was time to reap the rewards.

The doorbell rang. His grin widened as he licked his lips.

Speaking of rewards...

"Enter!"

The door opened. A beautiful woman in a skintight outfit and mask walked in. She smiled dutifully at Aizere, and struck a heroic pose.

"I believe you called for a heroine, sir?" She asked in a silky, seductive tone.

"I did," Aizere chuckled, "My son is a fan of these comics... I thought it would be good to understand the appeal."

"Oh?" She asked, tilting her head. "You have that kind of interest?"

Aizere shrugged and sat down on the decadent couch. He gestured with his hand, and the woman slunk right up to him. She settled down in his lap with a smile that was pure honey, as the Mistralian crime lord chuckled.

"Well... I'll be coming into Vale more often for my business interests," he said, "I should get to know the people and culture better, mmm~?"

"Of course, sir," she simpered, "A crime lord should know all about what he's getting into~."

Aizere paused. He frowned at the costumed prostitute.

"What makes you think I'm a crime lord?"

"Because my dear Aizere," here the woman's smile became positively terrifying as she placed a finger against his carotid artery:

"I'm paid to kill crime lords. Especially those who profitted off of academies that turned innocent girls into weapons."

A pulse of Aura went through his blood vessels right to his brain. He fell limp, unable to move a muscle. He couldn't even groan as she stood up and continued to smile in that terrifying way.

"A little technique my sister taught me," she said, "But the rest of this? It's just what I was trained to do."

Aizere wet himself in his terror as the woman loomed over him.

"I hope you appreciate it," she whispered as she drew her knives.

- - -

Naturally Irene Arc is based upon Irina Jelavic from Assassination Classroom and Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, from Marvel.

The Tree is an impartial Creator from Reddit.

the-tree-is-an-impartial-creator-v0-6w4wdv2doawd1.jpg

the-tree-is-an-impartial-creator-v0-j6ej1hqdoawd1.jpg

the-tree-is-an-impartial-creator-v0-aosm8hoeoawd1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back