• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

safe in the knowledge that Glynda won't quit or try to lower his coffee/hot cocoa budget.

I could see Jaune ending up being petty and reallocating the funds. And when confronted claiming either someone lied when putting forth a budget plan or there is a miss-file that he corrected because there's no way 1/5th of the entire budget needs to go to importing cocoa beans. And it definitely wasn't the first one headmaster Ozpin, after all lying is wrong

I could see Jaune ending up being petty and reallocating the funds. And when confronted claiming either someone lied when putting forth a budget plan or there is a miss-file that he corrected because there's no way 1/5th of the entire budget needs to go to importing cocoa beans. And it definitely wasn't the first one headmaster Ozpin, after all lying is wrong

He'd do it because either A. It was vengeance for all the trouble he caused Gylnda, or B. He's swamped by paperwork that Ozpin won't do so he slashes Ozpin's budget but keeps Oobleck's coffee since he actually does do his job even if it isn't well.

Taking inspiration from Councilman Arc, Jaune also sends Ruby on a secret mission (sanctioned by Goodwitch) to steal Ozpin's special beans to blackmail him into doing his job. And he can't fire Jaune without approval from at least one other faculty member. None of whom will do it because they like Jaune too much. He cooks for them, helps them with their work, and is just genuinely a nice guy. Starting a Cold War (a prank war) between the two but in actuality it's just Ozpin vs everyone else.

Last edited:
Jaune the Assistant 2
Intro to a possible story where Jaune gets hired to assist Glynda with her paperwork and run Beacon while Ozpin watches from above safe in the knowledge that Glynda won't quit or try to lower his coffee/hot cocoa budget.

———

Jaune barely slept last night. He could still barely even believe what had occurred. He'd gotten into Beacon, but not as a student. No, instead the Headmaster confronted him about his obviously fake transcripts and had refused his entry.

Which in all honesty, while depressing, was entirely predictable and expected.

No what he couldn't believe was the Headmaster had instead offered him a JOB as an assistant to the Vice-Headmistress of Beacon. In return he'd be paid and also have full access to Beacon's facilities. Despite the clear warning bells about the deal being too good to be true, Jaune accepted it almost immediately.

He knew he wasn't going to have a better deal. No huntsman/huntress would be willing to train someone like him. And if he could get in Beacon on actual legitimate grounds then that was even better! At least it meant he wouldn't need to put on an act. He was always terrible with acting and lying. A fact his sisters took advantage of to great extent.

Regardless, he was now a member of Beacon's faculty and he'd be probably be able to somehow become a huntsman, maybe. There probably was a test a GED for Huntsman as well right? Regardless of how he'd become a Huntsman, today was his first day on the job.

Hence why could barely sleep the previous night. Honestly? He was absolutely terrified and a nervous wreck. He just hoped nothing was going to go wrong.

Glynda couldn't believe the irresponsibility of Ozpin. As much as she respected her superior at times. She more often than not, found herself at her wits at end at his antics.

Normally she'd assume that he'd have a good reason for doing so even if it drove her mad, but this was absolutely beyond the line. Hiring a CIVILIAN as her Assistant in a Huntsman Academy was so idiotic so absolutely insane that she was almost certain that he had finally gone mad.

And what the heck was even with his listed skills? Accounting, tax filing, and mediating conflicts were definitely useful sure.

But it was the other listed skills that just confused her even further. Dancing, sewing, cooking, guitar playing, cleaning, massages, hairdresser, and arts and crafts were not appropriate for the position of Assistent. She was honestly almost halfway certain that the list had been entirely made up by Ozpin. And the fact that age had been left out certainly lent to that idea. Perhaps it was all to get back at her for all her attempts to reduce his coffee intake.

She left out a deep sigh, it was already too late for her to do anything about it, so she may as well just greet her new coworker who was bound to arrive at any moment.

*Knock Knock*

Realizing that it was probably her new Assistant, Glynda spoke up, welcoming her new co-worke-…

"OZPIN!" She shouted as she stared at the person in front of her. A rather tall, timid, blond haired boy who may as well have been a first year. Terrified and shaking under her glare. Probably one of his hare brained attempts to find a diamond in the rough as he'd likely to say. And she agreed, it was about to get very rough for Ozpin indeed.

———

I forgot to add "Cosmetician, and Stylist" to the list lol.

Last edited:
Glynda couldn't believe the irresponsibility of Ozpin. As much as she respected her superior at times. She more often than not, found herself at her wits at end at his antics.

Normally she'd assume that he'd have a good reason for doing so even if it drove her mad, but this was absolutely beyond the line. Hiring a CIVILIAN as her Assistant in a Huntsman Academy was so idiotic so absolutely insane that she was almost certain that he had finally gone mad.

And what the heck was even with his listed skills? Accounting, tax filing, and mediating conflicts were definitely useful sure.

But it was the other listed skills that just confused her even further. Dancing, sewing, cooking, guitar playing, cleaning, massages, hairdresser, and arts and crafts were not appropriate for the position of Assistent. She was honestly almost halfway certain that the list had been entirely made up by Ozpin. And the fact that age had been left out certainly lent to that idea. Perhaps it was all to get back at her for all her attempts to reduce his coffee intake.

She left out a deep sigh, it was already too late for her to do anything about it, so she may as well just greet her new coworker who was bound to arrive at any moment.

*Knock Knock*

Realizing that it was probably her new Assistant, Glynda spoke up, welcoming her new co-worke-…

"OZPIN!" She shouted as she stared at the person in front of her. A rather tall, timid, blond haired boy who may as well have been a first year. Terrified and shaking under her glare. Probably one of his hare brained attempts to find a diamond in the rough as he'd likely to say. And she agreed, it was about to get very rough for Ozpin indeed.

———

I forgot to add "Cosmetician, and Stylist" to the list lol.

Oh, this could be fun.

Had a strange idea involving the brother gods. Who have changed a bit since they left remnant and came back.

Vale is well known as the kingdom of dreams among the five four kingdoms.

People come and set up shops or build up businesses without the strict oversight and control of atlas or anywhere near the crime rates of vacuo.

Unfortunately most of those businesses close down due to various reasons. But every now and again something sticks around.

Recently two new places have opened in the city, amusingly enough both bars and both owned by brothers.

The DeLight and The Pit.
The DeLight is run by Lux Rex. It's a bit bright but in a good way. A strange mix of gold, white, and faded pink like it's owner the bar is most well known for its alcoholic pastries and the surprisingly good ukulele playing the owner does.

Meanwhile The Pit is run by Nox Rex. A sarcastic but charming guy he's always at the bar but never working, usually leaving that to employees while he picks up a date for the night.

The Pit is mostly dark without being edgy. Dark oak and dim lights. The walls are a mix of a deep purple and hints of grey and navy.

The big draw of the pit besides the very nice violin skills the owner likes to show off is the wide array of alcoholic chocolates on the menu.

Both brothers love to compete and can't seem to be around each other without something strange happening.

Amusingly enough despite both owning bars neither of them can actually hold their alcohol all that well and sometimes end up dropping some hints to a background that really worries people (at least the bits they assume aren't drunk ramblings)

So far people have gathered that the brothers were kinda dicks in the past. Lux was the pretentious artsy fartsy kinda guy and Nox was one of those down with everything wild rebellious young adults. Both of them ended up really messing with a couple before leaving on their world travels and by the time they got back things got so bad that they're just trying to to avoid the couple and hope things work out.

-Some upper class girl from Atlas who knows Weiss personally comes to Beacon for the Vytal tournament, as she decided to rebel against her Daddy and become a Huntress herself. Unlike Weiss who did it to be free, this young lady did it to seem rebellious, interesting, cool. And while she's got talent, she doesn't really appreciate how difficult the life really is. And she's a bitch who tries to one-up Weiss.

I honestly think someone superficial but capable of throwing a few painful truths down Weiss's way would do pretty well, because this is the genius that decided playing huntress somehow qualifies her to run an international company.

Weiss's Rival: "Say, when's the last time you spoke to Whitley? You know, your youngest brother, whom you abandoned to the parents you claim to hate? The one without any hunter training or fancy-schmancy semblance?"
Yang: *soft, quiet fury* "You have a younger brother?"
Weiss's Rival: "Oh right, I forgot, "he's just like Father." Congratulations Weiss, I guess you and Whitley finally have something in common."

Cowboys of Remnant: Some Friendly Advice
- - -

Neptune barged into the JNPR dorm room early one Saturday morning, a scowl on his face. Jaune was chopping up apples in the kitchen, while Ren and Nora waited at the breakfast table. Neptune narrowed his eyes at Jaune and walked up to him.

"Arc!"

"Morning, Mister Vasilias," Jaune greeted him blandly, as he began to shake cinnamon onto the apple slices, "Something I can do for you?"

"Yeah," Neptune stated, stomping right up to him, "You're a greedy harem-keeping bastard and it's not fair to the rest of us!"

Jaune blinked. He blinked again. He stared at Neptune as though the blue-haired young man had gone completely insane. He instinctively put himself between Neptune and the food and looked at it worriedly before he looked back at the other teenager.

"I... What?" Jaune managed.

"You heard me!" Neptune growled. "You're hogging the hottest girls at Beacon and it's not fair!"

Jaune worked his jaw, utterly bewildered. He opened his mouth, then closed it again as he thought things through.

"I knew it!" Nora swore. "Jauney, I'm only part of Ren's harem, okay? I'm not sharing Renny!"

"Indeed," Ren stated dryly, still meditating with his eyes shut.

"That's... Fine Nora," Jaune stuttered, before he shook his head, "Mister Vasilias-Look. I don't know where you got that impression, and I'm awful sorry that you... Came to that conclusion, but none of these girls are my property. They can date who they choose. I ain't keeping them from anything, they're their own people."

"Well, why won't Snow Angel go on a date with me?!" Neptune demanded angrily. "I'll tell you why! You! She's sweet on you!"

Jaune shook his head.

"I do not know what you're talkin' about, we're just friends," he said, "If you wanna get her to go on a date with you, that's your issue, not mine. Maybe if you tried some other tactic like..."

Not being a jackass? Jaune's mind suggested, but he decided to err on civility.

"... Sincerity," Jaune said, "You could pull it off. But it ain't my business if she decides to date you or not."

Neptune blinked.

"Wait... You're not... Keeping them to yourself?"

"What in tarnation makes you think I could make them do anything they didn't want to?!" Jaune demanded. "Not that I ever would! Unless they wanted to... To sacrifice their lives or-or something! I ain't letting them do that while I'm around!"

He shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"But if you wanna court them, go right ahead. I ain't stopping you. It's all on you."

Neptune coughed. He rubbed the back of his head.

"I uh... I guess I have been coming on strong," he admitted. "And uh... Maybe you... Me... It's me, all right? So... Sorry, Cornpone."

"Apology accepted, I suppose," Jaune said dryly. Neptune shrugged and smiled.

"I just... You know... They act like your wives so uh... Really? You're not dating any of them?"

"I ain't opposed to romance," Jaune stated firmly, "But out in the field in a Hunter team, it can divide loyalties. Make it more difficult to stay cohesive. If a personal relationship goes south, it could jeopardize everyone's lives. Mister Duke taught me that, and he ain't been wrong yet. So no, I ain't ready for romance. If you wanna try, go ahead on."

Neptune sighed and shook his head.

"Well, me, I think you're an idiot. But... Good to know I can go ahead!" Neptune turned to go... When Jaune reached out and grabbed his shoulder. Neptune coughed as a stormy look came over Jaune's face.

"Now hold on there, Mister Vasilias," Jaune stated coldly, "There are some ground rules we gotta lay down here."

"Wha-Ground rules-?"

"Just one, really," Jaune said. He looked over Neptune's shoulder to Ren and Nora. "Ren, Nora? How'd your village handle men who took advantage of young ladies?"

"We would make them apologize for it and take responsibility," Ren stated.

Neptune coughed.

"And if he didn't?" Jaune pressed.

"Then we would shatter their arms and legs and dump them in a ravine for the Grimm," Ren said, his tone unchanged. Nora grinned and held up her hammer.

"I really liked that part!" She chirped.

Neptune gulped as Jaune laughed.

"Well damn. That's more brutal than how we did things in Radian. There, we'd just shoot the bastard."

"Er," Neptune winced.

"Or hang him, then shoot him."

Jaune thought about it some more, his grip on Neptune's shoulder much tighter.

"Or draw and quarter him, hang him, and then shoot him. Though tossing his body to the Grimm at the end was the same."

Neptune looked back shakily at Jaune, who was now smiling darkly. His grip on Neptune's shoulder was very painful now.

"Point is, Mister Vasilias, if you can get one of my friends on a date, you go right ahead. But if you take any liberties with them? The rest of us ain't inclined to wait around for judge and jury. Just how we cornpones do things. Understand?"

"Y-yes! Totally understand!" Neptune squeaked. Jaune let go of his shoulder and was all smiles.

"Good! Would you care to stay for breakfast, Mister Vasilias?"

"N-No! No! I'm good!" Neptune said quickly. He moved towards the door... Which opened, letting in the rest of teams JNPR and RWBY. Weiss was leading, and smiled almost viciously at Neptune.

"Hello Neptune! Would you like to ask me on a date again?"

"N-Nope! Nope! Totally fine! Think we're better as friends!" Neptune squeaked.

"Oh? Not even gonna hit on me, Neptune?" Yang asked, her smile just as dangerous. Neptune's head was nearly a blur.

"Nope! NOPE! Goodbye! So long!"

He fairly ran out of the room. Pyrrha frowned.

"That wasn't very nice, everyone," she stated, though there was a shine in her eyes as she looked at Jaune. Jaune shrugged.

"Eh, you can take care of yourselves," he said, "Just wanted to make things clear."

Ruby pouted.

"He never even tried to hit on me!"

"Good," Jaune stated flatly, "Means we don't have to kill him."

"It would be a chore to dispose of the body, wouldn't it?" Yang chuckled.

"Not really, I know a few methods," Blake said.

Weiss' laughter became a touch nervous.

"You're... All kidding, right? ... Right?"

Jaune was all smiles.

"Care for some pancakes, Weiss?"

"Yes, but that doesn't answer my question."

"Pancakes are not the question, pancakes are the answer!" Nora declared. "Also the question!"

- - -

Neptune burst into Team SSSN's dorm. He looked over at Scarlet with wild eyes.

"Scarlet! Teach me to be gay!"

Scarlet blinked. He blinked again.

"I... What?"

"I-I mean, is it something that comes naturally or do you really have to work at it?!"

Scarlet turned to Sage, the sanest member of their team aside from himself. Sage sighed and pulled on some headphones. He turned his music on as loud as possible. Scarlet looked over at Sun for help, but the golden monkey Faunus had already jumped out the window.

"Cowards," Scarlet muttered.

- - -

Last edited:
Neptune burst into Team SSSN's dorm. He looked over at Scarlet with wild eyes.

"Scarlet! Teach me to be gay!"

Scarlet blinked. He blinked again.

"I... What?"
Jesus Christ bro, I've laughed my ass off at these shorts but that's the first time I've spat out my drink. Hahahahahaha!!!

Wait what?
When and why did this happened?
I thought the fanfiction rule was "If they look at each other, there's a ship."

He's joking dude. It's just that, given how few decent male characters there are in RWBY and how easily Jaune can be shipped with anyone, he's often made a harem protag because he fits. That and hey, Remnant is a death world. Rules of survival apply.

If one man and a few women survive? Well that man will be busy but the human/Faunus race survives.

He's joking dude. It's just that, given how few decent male characters there are in RWBY and how easily Jaune can be shipped with anyone, he's often made a harem protag because he fits. That and hey, Remnant is a death world. Rules of survival apply.

If one man and a few women survive? Well that man will be busy but the human/Faunus race survives.

this is why I am surprised that both Monogamy and Polyamory isn't official in Remnant, would make a whole that lot of sense, since it is a Deathworld.

Once more Sun proves why hes the team leader.
...oh my God. I just had a thought triggered by you mentioning Sun.

If you have Sun and Yang have a kid. You get a anger powered punch wizard.

You know who that is?

asura_large_red.jpg

So going to my earlier thought JNPR and RWBY hit Waffle House.

We have 5 experenced with the Waffle House and 3 virgins.

Nora just has to have Blueberries in her waffles. Ren jsut has eggs sasuage and black coffie.

Yang and Ruby both get big meals when they're there.

Jaune varies on his choices.

Pyrrha has heard of it but has never been as gorwing up she had that monorited diet by helicoptor mom but has aways been curious

Blake hasn't but is intimidated as she's heard... stories

Weiss when they arrive is horrifed. HORRIFED by it.
Afterwards...
Weiss: Soooo can we come here every week?

She's hooked.

Last edited:
Back to the Future 2
Also... I've been rewatching the TellTale Back to the Future games. I loved playing them. And it's Jaune: More trouble with time travel is only inevitable.

- - -

Jaune: "Uggggghhh... I am never messing with time travel again..."

Pyrrha: "Jaune?"

Jaune: "PYRRHA! You're... Not a punk rocker girl!"

Pyrrha: "Um... No?"

Jaune: "YANG! You're not a goody two shoes?!"

Yang: "Do I look like Weiss?"

Jaune: "Oh thank the Gods! Geez..."

Yang: "Are you all right? You're acting weird. Like, Ruby on coffee up for three nights straight weird."

Jaune: "It's a long story..."

The Gelorean flies in and lands nearby. Doc comes out with a smile and a wave.

Doc: "Hey Jaune!"

Jaune: "Hey Doc. Uh... Everything cool?"

Doc: "Absolute zero! Our little misadventure doesn't seem to have altered the timeline too significantly. Though I think there may be a new Lion Pope. I've been working on temporal safe containment to allow us to maintain temporal continuity but the physics and engineering are both equally convoluted."

Jaune: "I'll bet."

Pyrrha: "Uh... Time travel?"

Jaune: "Ummm..."

Yang: "Jaune. Your girlfriend would like some answers, please."

Pyrrha: "Your partner would like some as well."

Jaune: "Uhhhhh..."

SONIC BOOM! And another flying Delorean crashlands near the first.

And an older Jaune Arc emerges.

Yang: "What?"

Pyrrha: "What?!"

Jaune: "Ohhh no."

Future Jaune: "DOC! You gotta come with me!"

Doc: "Come where?!"

Future Jaune: "Back to the future!"

Doc: "Jaune, if your younger self sees you the consequences could be disasterous!"

Yang and Pyrrha: Jaws dropped

Future Jaune: "This involves him too! He should come along! And Yang and Pyrrha!"

Another Gelorean crashes nearby. And another Future Jaune emerges.

Future Jaune 2: "Don't you dare! You can't overwrite my timeline again! I've got a dozen kids with Blake!"

Jaune, Yang, Pyrrha: "A dozen?!"

Future Jaune 1: "Your timeline was overwritten five jumps back!"

And still another Gelorean lands. A Future Jaune in black armor stalks out.

Future Jaune 3: "There you punks are... I've got over a hundred kids with twelve moms to keep track of! You can't delete them all!"

The Future Jaunes continue to argue amongst themselves.

Yang: "Do I even want to know?"

Pyrrha: "Oh geez... Oh geez..."

Jaune: "Ummmm... Doc? Any suggestions?"

Doc: "Just one. Come along, young ladies."

They pile into the first Gelorean.

Future Jaune 1: "Hey wait! What about my future?!"

Future Jaune 2: "Or mine?!"

Future Jaune 3: "Or mine?!"

Doc: "Sorry boys, you'll have to figure it out yourselves. Jaune? Let's get out of here."

Jaune: "Where to?"

Doc: "Mister Arc? Surprise me!"

Jaune flies off in the Gelorean.

Yang: "It's a little cramped in here."

Pyrrha: "Totally..." Squishes her chest against Jaune's face "B-But I'm okay with it!"

Jaune: "Totally fine here!"

Yang: glares, shoves her boobs into Jaune's face "Do you mind?!"

Pyrrha: "Do you?!"

Jaune: "Ummm... Doc?"

Doc: "You've piloted the Gelorean under worse circumstances, Jaune."

Jaune: "I guess so!"

Jaune accelerates up to 88 mph, and the Gelorean vanishes into time and space!

View: https://youtu.be/y8YBYKSBf3M

Last edited:
Some prompts for this Sunday:

-The Church of the Broken Table is this world's version of Christianity, but out of necessity it would need to be more martial in how it did things. Orders of Knights, Paladins, Warrior Nuns, and so on. I posited an Order of Peter, after Peter Pevensie from the Narnia books, as one such order. One dedicated to Knights. What other Orders might there be, and what would they be dedicated to?

-More adventures in time with Jaune Arc and Doc Brown! Hell, his name even lets him fit into RWBY pretty easily. And if there ever was a world that could use time travelers who try to make things better, it would be Remnant. Whether or not they succeed is another question entirely...

-What if Ruby leaned more into the gothic culture than she already does and had a love of macabre horror movies? Horror Movies she begs Jaune to take her to? And other gothic stuff?

-What if Weiss and Whitley were twins rather Whitley being younger? How might that change things?

-Ren gets tracked down by a bounty hunter from Mistral. His father did a crime and if his father is dead, then the son will have to do. Because Mistralian Law is fucked.

-In keeping with the Greek theme of her hometown and her... self, Pyrrha's hometown of Argus is just one of the Hellas League-A group of city-states that are basically the ancient Greek city states with a similar culture. And many families trace their descent back to ancient heroes or gods/goddesses. Pyrrha traces her lineage back to Nike, goddess of victory. What happens when a guy she knew from her tourney days, apparently of the lineage of Herakles (Hercules) comes to try and court her?

-More ideas for King Jaune!

-More ideas for Cowboys of Remnant!

-More ideas for Eternal One-Sided Rivalry! How ridiculous does Jaune's legend become?

Hunted Ren
-Ren gets tracked down by a bounty hunter from Mistral. His father did a crime and if his father is dead, then the son will have to do. Because Mistralian Law is fucked.

Ren: This can't be legal.

Official: silence dog! You will pay for your crimes against the south mistralian royal family.

Ren: I'm pretty sure I wasn't even a sperm cell when this crime took place.

Ozpin: be that as it may I'm afraid that since you are a natural born Mistralian citizen, and their laws mean that crimes can be prosecuted through family lines, we here at beacon cannot offer any help.

Ren: Not willing to get dragged into politics to save a student?

Ozpin: you couldn't fucking pay me to jump into mistralian politics.

Ren: *sigh* fine, what crime did my father commit and how do I fix this?

Official: your cur of a father dishonored the royal family by running from a engagement to the crown princess to marry a bread maker!

Ren: and I fix this how?

Official: you will marry the current princess as your father should have!

*Nora busts through the wall*

Nora: Like hell he will!

Ren: what are my other options?

Official: painful death and shame, also who is the young woman currently being restrained by your deputy headmistress?

Nora: I'm the girl with a big problem with this and a bigger fucking hammer!

Official: ah the first mistress.

Nora: fumanchu say wha?

Official: how does she know my last name? Regardless, if he marries the princess he will be the next emperor, and the emperor is expected to have at least one mistress.

Ren: You fool. You've doomed my pelvis.

Nora: so what's my new sister-in-sexual-pleasure named?

Official: Princess Mai Shiranui *he shows them a picture*

Nora: brothers damn she makes yang look like Weiss with those things!

*In the distance a shrill HEY can be heard*

Last edited:
If we're going all in on the Narnia references for the Church of the Broken Table then I propose The Penitent Order of St. Edmund, which offers sinners heretics and oath-breakers the chance at redemption through service. Have Edmund in universe as a quasi-Judas who instead of killing himself spent the rest of his life trying to atone for his past failings. Maybe throw in a dash of Paul and have him as one of the major forces for early church growth. The order could still have combat elements, but I picture them more as missionaries who minister to the very worst elements of society and try to convince them to turn their lives around. Monks who would walk into a bandit camp knowing they are probably gonna be killed horribly but maybe they manage to convince a few of them to change their ways and that's worth it to them.

If we're going all in on the Narnia references for the Church of the Broken Table then I propose The Penitent Order of St. Edmund, which offers sinners heretics and oath-breakers the chance at redemption through service. Have Edmund in universe as a quasi-Judas who instead of killing himself spent the rest of his life trying to atone for his past failings. Maybe throw in a dash of Paul and have him as one of the major forces for early church growth. The order could still have combat elements, but I picture them more as missionaries who minister to the very worst elements of society and try to convince them to turn their lives around. Monks who would walk into a bandit camp knowing they are probably gonna be killed horribly but maybe they manage to convince a few of them to change their ways and that's worth it to them.

I like to think that Nick Arc is a member of the Order of St. Edmund. He was an orphan and a thief who had nothing, and was taken in by Ser Jaune St. George, a member of that same order. He is more the warrior but his good nature means he also tries to minister and aid people. He has a bit of Goku's ability to make friends out of enemies about him, so it would fit.

Cardin's father is a member of basicly Remnants version of the Masons and wants Jaune to join because
1) it's good for the sociity
2) Itwould also open up some doors for back door contacts in the other kingdoms for helping in negotiations .

More for Waffle House shinanagans. Weiss. The smothered hash browns were a revelation to her and they get the bacon EXACTLY how she likes it. The fact that there was a fight in the parking lot while they ate and was floor show is her trash TV guiltly pleasure about it.

To borrow AJT's Black Sun snippets she drags Sun there on one of thier dates there.

His team follows when they're trying to figure out WTF is going on with them.

Neptune : But I hate waffles....

Last edited:
Sounds more something that would happen if Ren's dad had somekind of debt with the mob, maffia, Yakuza, the Triade, etc.
Doesn't mean it's the law, but they could be deep in the pockets of politicians and law enforcement, so it's moot.

Ren: *sigh* fine, what crime did my father commit and how do I fix this?
Alternate idea: tax evasion (of 84 Lien).
CDN media
CDN media

Tai's ancestors were nobles who fled Mistral prior to the Great War with the help of Vale's, King Ozwald. In gratitude, they offered any of their daughters to the Royal Family as potential prospects for marriage to repay the debt, in writing. Unfortunately, King Ozwald abdicated before the debt could be paid, and the marriage contract went dormant. Now that the monarchy has been restored, however....

-More ideas for Eternal One-Sided Rivalry! How ridiculous does Jaune's legend become?

Team CFVY hear about a super warrior prospect on his way to Beacon for the coming semester while on a training trip, and Velvet takes photos to document Jaune's journey.

Beacons staff are intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back