• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

A bit more of a proper bio for Katy Sith:
dfrv9dh-99513dad-bad1-4de2-9a3d-6716df7183e2.png
She is an optimistic sweetheart of a girl who was content doing some online modeling then becoming a farm wife for Jaune in Radian.
She's blonde, fit, busty, and a bit of an unintentional tease. She's fun, optimistic, and a bit simplistic in her outlook but very sweet. She also hates Menagerian Faunus. She and her family have been proud Valeans for generations and allies of the Arcs. They own their own farm next to the Arc grounds and have so for centuries. They are not second-class citizens and think The White Fang and Ghira Belladonna can go to hell.

She's basically the hot girl next door. Think Luanne from "King of the Hill" for how she's a bit of a ditz but very sweet and kind. She's also very religious and works for charities in the Church of the Broken Table. She and Jaune were childhood friends, very close. She was always a ray of sunshine in his life, and he was a steadying influence in hers. They were very close even before dating. Her big brother, Mercer Sith Jr, was very protective of his little sister so trusting her with Jaune was a big mark of respect he held for the Arc scion.

Main issue though is that Katy was content to live in Radian and for Jaune to become her husband as a farmer or Doctor. She wants to run a farm and have lots of children right where she is. Jaune wasn't content to do that. They argued over it a lot. Katy isn't stupid or controlling, she just knows what she wants out of life: To be a bride to a good man and mother of his children in the town she loves. Jaune wants a wife and kids someday, but he doesn't want to follow his mother's dictates.

So again, they did argue, but they were friends before they were in a romantic relationship. So they agreed to break up but stay friends.

Narratively speaking she's supposed to represent the temptation Jaune had for a simple, non-heroic life, to just follow what his mother wanted him to do. But he couldn't. So there's a slight element of tragedy to the relationship.
So I have some gripes with Katy Sith's design and character, which I'm bringing up because I'm kindoff a big fan of the origical folkloric figure.
She's obviously based on The cat-sìth, a fairy creature from Celtic mythology (mostly the Gaelic versions) that resemble a large black cat with a white spot on its chest, or in some version is a witch instead of a fairy that could transform into a cat nine times.
In the British Isles, cats in myth/folklore in general are highly linked to magic, prosperity, health and luck (but white cats are associated with bad luck, evil and death), but the Cat-sith are dangerous, troublemaking cats of monstrous in size (specifics may vary) that haunts the Scottish Highlands, with transformative powers based on their nine lives, and can commune with the dead, foretell death and steal the souls of the dead (they're not really malevolent or evil, but they are tricky and dangerous because they are celtic faeries (also called Aos sí/Aos sídhe, which means something like people of the fairy mounds).
The cat-sìth may have been inspired by the Scottish wildcat itself, or possible by Kellas cats, which are a distinctive hybrid between Scottish wildcats and domestic cats found only in Scotland

Katy Sith's design takes nothing from this beyond cat, and she doesn't even have black hair with a single white spot (or even a shirt like that), and there are loads of other mythical or folklore cats to draw inspiration from or confuse her with (beyond her name).
Like the Russian Cat Bayun, the ancient Egyptian goddess Bast, the Japanese bakeneko, Freya's cats from Norse mythology who pulled her chariot (though those are male), and many others.
There's also ship's cats (especially black ones) who are considered lucky to sailors as they would have fair voyages and always return home safely as long as the cat was kept happy and healthy, at home or on the ship, and they also hunt rats on board.

As for characterisation, Katy isn't a trickster, isn't dangerous, can't do anything magical/witchy (not even having Aura as far as I'm aware), any kind of transformation.
So I don't see any real connection between the two figures beyond the name and cat parts.

With all that said, I still think she's a fun character and I will still enjoy reading stories with her in it.

Ideas

- What if there were some survivors on Remnant after the d*ckhead brother gods wiped out all of humanity, with their group surviving long enough to where humanity re-evolved or was re-created (presumably by the d*ckhead brother gods) on Remnant?
Ozpin and Salem may not even know about it because they deliberately hid themselves from the two who were involved in causing the apocalypse, perhaps for a fear that they might cause another one.
Some characters are descendent from those survivors having to survive an Apocalypse and post-apocalypse, possibly without any of the magic they relied on before, and all their modern day descendents will likely have forgotten (almost) all of this, with only some vague stories or legends remaining.
Some possibles are the Arc clan/family (which could explain their unusually strong Semblances and large amount of aura), the Schnee family (who's very versatile family Semblance is pretty close to magic), a possible origin for the Silver Eyes (being created with as a final tool of survival with the last bits of real magic they had left).

- What if Yharnam from Bloodborne was once in Remnant?
The cool weapons of both settings are fairly similar and in both Hunters/Huntsmen fight against monstrous beasts, and I'm not the first to notice this (there is more than 1 crossover story I'm sure).
So what if someone like Isabel is descendent from some of the survivors of Yharnam, which is why she has such a body horror Semblance (the effects have been diluted through the generations, but it's still somewhat there).

- When Jaune was a young child, he encountered some "Magical Girl Mascot animal/creature", who gave him magical girl powers after they mistook him for a girl because Jaune was dressed up as a girl by his sisters.
He could have had these powers the whole time, might have forgotten about them, or they may only start to manifest now that he's older, or were suppressed because the "Magical Girl Mascot community" figured out the screwup and tried to hide the embracing mistake.

- Related ideas to the magical girl one.
  • What if some other students of Beacon or other huntsmen schools get Magical Girl powers (by accident or through Jaune somehow), but it goes hilariously wrong in some way.
  • What if some of the adults like Willow, Kali, Glynda, etc. accidentally end up with Magical Girl powers that were meant for girls that are way younger than them.
  • Somewhat of a solution to my previous gripe about Katy Sith not being anything like the mythical Cat-sith, what if Katy Sith (and possibly her entire clan/family) a "Magical Girl Mascot animal/creature", or descendent from one, and this is how Jaune, RWBY and JNPR, some of their schoolmates, or the mature women gain Magical Girl powers (deliberately or by complete accident).

Last edited:
So I have some gripes with Katy Sith's design and character, which I'm bringing up because I'm kindoff a big fan of the origical folkloric figure.

Katy Sith's design takes nothing from this beyond cat, and she doesn't even have black hair with a single white spot (or even a shirt like that), .

I mean to be fair she could be dying her hair.

Would be kinda funny actually.

Blake: so you dye your hair and make yourself tan? Did the humans make you do that?

Katy: no it's just really hard getting invited to the funer parties when everyone expects you to be the creepy goth chick instead of the girl who can do 3 keg stands in a row.

Blake: really? You did all that for parties?

Katy: how many parties you get invited to?

Blake: plen-

Katy: that weren't white fang or a weird sex cult.

Blake:.....one.

Ruby: oh yeah that little girl who invited you to her birthday party because you looked sad.

I mean to be fair she could be dying her hair.

Would be kinda funny actually.

Blake: so you dye your hair and make yourself tan? Did the humans make you do that?

Katy: no it's just really hard getting invited to the funer parties when everyone expects you to be the creepy goth chick instead of the girl who can do 3 keg stands in a row.

Blake: really? You did all that for parties?

Katy: how many parties you get invited to?

Blake: plen-

Katy: that weren't white fang or a weird sex cult.

Blake:.....one.

Ruby: oh yeah that little girl who invited you to her birthday party because you looked sad.
That's a fun and funny idea.

Maybe she started to dye her hair after she broke up with Jaune.
It would also mean that Jaune didn't go for Ruby because she's somewhat of a goth in terms of style and he went out of his way to not go for his previous type again.

To Be a Man-AU 2
The old farmhouse still had a picturesque quality. Like something out of a fairy tale or a travelogue.

Glynda Goodwitch could only hope the owner was in as picturesque a mood. She steeled herself as she walked up onto the porch. She took a moment to appreciate the many wind chimes on the porch, most clearly made by children, before she knocked on the door.

A few moments passed, before a large figure approached the door. Said figure slowly opened it. Glynda blinked in shock, an emotion shared by the giant man staring back in a messy apron.

"Gynda?"

"Nick?" She gasped.

Nick held up a finger to his lips and shushed.

"He just got to sleep, please... Come in."

He led her inside. Glynda had to step carefully over several discarded toys and children's clothes in the messy living room. On the coffee table sat a baby carrier, where a tiny infant lay sleeping. Nick bent over and, despite the sheer size of the man, he gently checked on his sleeping son. He smiled in relief, despite the bags under his eyes.

"Just stay quiet, please," Nick murmured, slowly sitting down on the couch. Glynda cleared off a few sweaters before she sat in the opposing chair.

"It's good to see you, Glynda," Nick said, smiling warmly. Glynda sighed.

"And you. I'm sorry I missed the funeral." She shut her eyes tightly. "I didn't even hear about it until I got back from the semester end training mission... I'm so sorry-"

"No, no, it's okay," Nick sighed, gently rocking his sleeping baby, "It's okay. Arjun and Saia couldn't make it due to a terrorist attack. Can't blame them for not getting away."

Glynda frowned in deep concern.

"Nick... Are..."

She was so terrible at this...

"Where are the other children?" She settled on.

Nick shrugged.

"I asked Nana to look after them. She and Papa took them out to the swimming hole. Not many of them were enthusiastic. Jaune here has been crying all the time he's awake. We don't get a lot of sleep."

He smiled despite this at the tiny baby. Glynda felt her own heart melt as she looked upon his squishy, innocent features.

"You're not taking care of them all by yourself, then?" Glynda asked carefully.

Nick shook his head, though it looked like it took him a lot of effort. His eyebags had bags under them, yet he still stayed erect and mostly alert.

"No... No. Everyone's been pitching in. Tex, the Sarge, Caboose, Church, they all stop by. The Siths too..." He yawned. "Saphron's been trying to help too... Sweetie's only seven but she's so mature."

He sighed.

"She's hurting though. They all are. Even Tanya knows what's wrong..."

"... And you?" Glynda asked gently. Nick looked up at her, and shrugged.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say," he mumbled, "What do you say when... When your wife dies?"

The big man slowly looked back at the door, and let out a shaky sigh.

"I keep expecting her to walk back in here. Yell at me for not cleaning up. Letting the girls stay up too late..."

He shut his eyes.

"Then I remember... She's dead. And she won't come back. And..."

He shrugged.

"She did most of the thinking, you know? She was the smart one. Me? I..."

His shoulders sunk.

"I love my kids, Glynda. I really do... And a month without her I just..." He shrugged helplessly and held his hands out. "I feel like I'm mowing in circles, you know? Between the farm, and-and everything, I just..."

He shut his eyes tightly.

"... Is it normal to feel like you have no idea what you're doing? Like you're completely lost?" He whispered. "I grew up never knowing my family. My master, Grandpa George-He died too, but... But I could handle that. Losing Izzy... I..."

He shook his head slowly.

"I know what to do but... This isn't something I can just swing a sword at. Punch through. Or... Or anything. So..."

He sagged back on the couch.

"I don't know if I'm doing well... I don't even know if I can do 'well' at this. Because she's not coming back, but my heart doesn't know that yet."

Glynda frowned deeply. Nick had always been honest and forthright. Almost hopelessly so. For him to not have any of his usual confidence...

It was wrong to her. Deeply wrong.

She lifted her riding crop, and waved it around. With a surge of purple Aura energy, everything was cleaned up, all the clothes were neatly folded into piles. Nick opened his eyes and blinked rapidly.

"No... She isn't," Glynda said quietly, "But, if you're open to more help? I... I would be willing to pitch in."

Nick slowly shook his head.

"You live all the way in Vale, Glynda. It's a heck of a commute-"

"I'm two years into teaching at Beacon, and... And I've realized that that's all I have," Glynda confessed. "My apartment outside the school barely gets used. It's just a pretense that I have a life outside of it."

She looked down at the still sleeping Jaune. The idea was... Was wild. Impulsive. But seeing one of her oldest friends like this, so lost...

"I can come during the semester breaks at least, and maybe the weekends," Glynda went on, "I can at least help you, Nick. You two were some of my oldest friends... It's the least I should do."

Nick opened his mouth to answer. What it would have been, Glynda didn't know-Jaune perked up and began to cry. Nick sighed, rocking his baby carrier.

"Sorry... Hang on."

He gently pulled Jaune out of the carrier, and held him out to Glynda. Her eyes widened.

"I-what-?"

"Just hold him for a bit, I'll get his bottle," Nick explained, setting his son carefully in her arms, "I'll be right back!"

He turned and headed into the kitchen, as always, quite quick despite his large size. Glynda carefully tucked Jaune's head under her bicep and rocked him, as she distantly remembered how to hold a baby. It had been so long.

He's so warm, Glynda thought faintly, Did Isabel unlock his Aura...?

If she was in so much distress during the birth that she'd had to do that... It must have been with the last of her energy. Even in her final moments, she was trying to save someone's life.

"There there, little one," Glynda murmured, as Jaune whined, "It's all right. I'm here... I'm here..."

She flared her Aura gently. Thrumming it in time with her heartbeat. If his Aura was activated, he would feel it, and hopefully it would soothe him...

His cries lessened, until he was simply cooing up at her with those big blue eyes. She smiled down at him, and felt her heart melt even more.

"Hello... Hello, I'm Glynda. It's nice to meet you, Jaune," she murmured.

She heard a creak in the floorboards. She looked up. Nick was staring at her in amazement, eyes wide, jaw dropped.

"He... He stopped crying!" He gasped.

"I... I um, I think his Aura is active, so he can sense it," Glynda said, "So I thrummed my Aura... It seems to calm him down and..."

Nick laughed. It was exhausted and hoarse, but it was a real laugh. He staggered over to her, and handed her the bottle.

"Here. You'll need this."

"Nick?" Glynda asked, as Nick staggered to his large armchair. He collapsed into it, his head bowing deeply. Glynda allowed herself a small smile.

Poor man's exhausted, Glynda thought. She looked back down at Jaune, who was reaching up to grasp for her.

"Your father is working very hard," Glynda told him, "When's the last time you had a break, Nick? ... Nick?"

A soft snore greeted her. She sighed, and summoned up her Aura. She wrapped a blanket around the sleeping giant. She smiled warmly at him.

"Rest," she said quietly, "I'll take care of things... As much as I can."

She turned and continued to rock Jaune. She sighed as she spotted one out of the hundreds of photos on the wall. It was a class picture: Isabel's team had been out on the grounds, and had found her. Nick had dragged her into the photo in front of the fountain.

Arjun had scowled. Saia had smiled nervously. Isabel smiled in a perfunctory manner, but Nick had just outright grinned. And despite herself, her smile had been genuine. Team SANI had been a complete menace... But Glynda would admit? That knowing them had made her life a lot more fun.

"I'll take care of them, Izzy," Glynda murmured quietly to the smiling Isabel, "I promise."

It was the least she could do for them.

- - -

She's obviously based on The cat-sìth, a fairy creature from Celtic mythology (mostly the Gaelic versions) that resemble a large black cat with a white spot on its chest, or in some version is a witch instead of a fairy that could transform into a cat nine times.
In the British Isles, cats in myth/folklore in general are highly linked to magic, prosperity, health and luck (but white cats are associated with bad luck, evil and death), but the Cat-sith are dangerous, troublemaking cats of monstrous in size (specifics may vary) that haunts the Scottish Highlands, with transformative powers based on their nine lives, and can commune with the dead, foretell death and steal the souls of the dead (they're not really malevolent or evil, but they are tricky and dangerous because they are celtic faeries (also called Aos sí/Aos sídhe, which means something like people of the fairy mounds).
The cat-sìth may have been inspired by the Scottish wildcat itself, or possible by Kellas cats, which are a distinctive hybrid between Scottish wildcats and domestic cats found only in Scotland

Katy Sith's design takes nothing from this beyond cat, and she doesn't even have black hair with a single white spot (or even a shirt like that), and there are loads of other mythical or folklore cats to draw inspiration from or confuse her with (beyond her name).
Like the Russian Cat Bayun, the ancient Egyptian goddess Bast, the Japanese bakeneko, Freya's cats from Norse mythology who pulled her chariot (though those are male), and many others.
There's also ship's cats (especially black ones) who are considered lucky to sailors as they would have fair voyages and always return home safely as long as the cat was kept happy and healthy, at home or on the ship, and they also hunt rats on board.

As for characterisation, Katy isn't a trickster, isn't dangerous, can't do anything magical/witchy (not even having Aura as far as I'm aware), any kind of transformation.
So I don't see any real connection between the two figures beyond the name and cat parts.

With all that said, I still think she's a fun character and I will still enjoy reading stories with her in it.

Ideas

- What if there were some survivors on Remnant after the d*ckhead brother gods wiped out all of humanity, with their group surviving long enough to where humanity re-evolved or was re-created (presumably by the d*ckhead brother gods) on Remnant?
Ozpin and Salem may not even know about it because they deliberately hid themselves from the two who were involved in causing the apocalypse, perhaps for a fear that they might cause another one.
Some characters are descendent from those survivors having to survive an Apocalypse and post-apocalypse, possibly without any of the magic they relied on before, and all their modern day descendents will likely have forgotten (almost) all of this, with only some vague stories or legends remaining.
Some possibles are the Arc clan/family (which could explain their unusually strong Semblances and large amount of aura), the Schnee family (who's very versatile family Semblance is pretty close to magic), a possible origin for the Silver Eyes (being created with as a final tool of survival with the last bits of real magic they had left).

- What if Yharnam from Bloodborne was once in Remnant?
The cool weapons of both settings are fairly similar and in both Hunters/Huntsmen fight against monstrous beasts, and I'm not the first to notice this (there is more than 1 crossover story I'm sure).
So what if someone like Isabel is descendent from some of the survivors of Yharnam, which is why she has such a body horror Semblance (the effects have been diluted through the generations, but it's still somewhat there).

- When Jaune was a young child, he encountered some "Magical Girl Mascot animal/creature", who gave him magical girl powers after they mistook him for a girl because Jaune was dressed up as a girl by his sisters.
He could have had these powers the whole time, might have forgotten about them, or they may only start to manifest now that he's older, or were suppressed because the "Magical Girl Mascot community" figured out the screwup and tried to hide the embracing mistake.

- Related ideas to the magical girl one.
  • What if some other students of Beacon or other huntsmen schools get Magical Girl powers (by accident or through Jaune somehow), but it goes hilariously wrong in some way.
  • What if some of the adults like Willow, Kali, Glynda, etc. accidentally end up with Magical Girl powers that were meant for girls that are way younger than them.
  • Somewhat of a solution to my previous gripe about Katy Sith not being anything like the mythical Cat-sith, what if Katy Sith (and possibly her entire clan/family) a "Magical Girl Mascot animal/creature", or descendent from one, and this is how Jaune, RWBY and JNPR, some of their schoolmates, or the mature women gain Magical Girl powers (deliberately or by complete accident).

I'll admit, I wanted the mythological reference and the name reference seemed too good not to use as a pun.

But your other ideas are awesome!

And if it helps? There is a goth version of the art model I'm using:

black_cat_besty___by_nottytiffy_dge0gig-fullview.jpg

I'll admit, I wanted the mythological reference and the name reference seemed too good not to use as a pun.

But your other ideas are awesome!

And if it helps? There is a goth version of the art model I'm using:

black_cat_besty___by_nottytiffy_dge0gig-fullview.jpg
1. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, It's more that I'm a disappointed fan of the mythical/folklore creature than I am an actual critic of the stories with her in it.

2. Thanks.

3. Like the art, and she even has a white spot in the middle of her shirt (and in a shape that alludes to something magical too).

Soooo how long until nick and glynda realize that over the course of co-parenting they basically ended up in a relationship? Because while mommy!glynda is always funny mom!glynda is something I can get behind

1. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, It's more that I'm a disappointed fan of the mythical/folklore creature than I am an actual critic of the stories with her in it.

2. Thanks.

3. Like the art, and she even has a white spot in the middle of her shirt (and in a shape that alludes to something magical too).

Well, she could always be given more characterization as a trickster. Nothing says we can't do that. Or incorporate other aspects of the folklore into her.

Yeah, I don't always respond to idea posts. I read them all though. Some I just don't have any thoughts for other than "Good ideas!" with the implication I would like to see more. But I should be more involved to help promote the brainstorming. I just tend to get distracted easily.

Indeed! I like it too.

Soooo how long until nick and glynda realize that over the course of co-parenting they basically ended up in a relationship? Because while mommy!glynda is always funny mom!glynda is something I can get behind

It would take time for them to realize any attraction. Nick is still pretty dense and Glynda is very reserved. Also Nick is a widower-He's still hurting, though he tries to put it into caring for his kids. He puts them ahead of everything else, really.

Well, she could always be given more characterization as a trickster. Nothing says we can't do that. Or incorporate other aspects of the folklore into her.

Yeah, I don't always respond to idea posts. I read them all though. Some I just don't have any thoughts for other than "Good ideas!" with the implication I would like to see more. But I should be more involved to help promote the brainstorming. I just tend to get distracted easily.

Indeed! I like it too.

It would take time for them to realize any attraction. Nick is still pretty dense and Glynda is very reserved. Also Nick is a widower-He's still hurting, though he tries to put it into caring for his kids. He puts them ahead of everything else, really.
So chance of them doing this for years at this point and their kids being the ones to push them together?

Nick does have empathy, mind you. He grew up a bit like Goku, all alone with a mentor on the edge of civilization. Isabel was exasperated with him, but she truly became his first friend. And then they fell in love and got married.

So either one of them losing the other would be devastating. And their worst attributes would come out.

Isabel becomes more controlling, and Nick is lost. He would never abandon his family, but he's just kind of clueless still about a lot of normal human interactions. So he overdoes things. He uses his Aura to keep going, to do what his daughters need, but he struggles with normal stuff. He just does things as hard as possible. He's very intense.

He might eventually just activate everyone's Aura and train them all as Hunters, how he was raised, because that is what he knows. But that wouldn't work for all of them.

What's really sad is that if they wanted a different job he do his best to help. He'd have no idea how and that probably would just make him sadder, because he think that Isabel would have known how to handle the situation. I don't think any of his children would resent him for trying his best, but I think they would know that he doesn't have all if many answers.

What's really sad is that if they wanted a different job he do his best to help. He'd have no idea how and that probably would just make him sadder, because he think that Isabel would have known how to handle the situation. I don't think any of his children would resent him for trying his best, but I think they would know that he doesn't have all if many answers.

Tanya: "Dad! You are not a failure if you don't know how to do something! You're only a failure if you stop trying to help us learn! That's what you taught us!"

Nick: "... Thank you, Tanya."

Tanya: "Now, how do I cut someone in half?"

Nick: "Oh! The best way is definitely horizontally through the waist, but you need to have enough momentum and a suitable weapon to pull it off!"

Last edited:
On Aura and the Arcs
On Aura and Jaune not getting his Aura unlocked before he goes to Beacon...

Honestly, it is more bad writing that really needed to be fixed by an editor. The solution I gave in White Knight Errant is that Jaune did get his Aura unlocked by his mom and had been training himself. He then ran off and got overwhelmed because even with his massive amounts of Aura, he's not trained to use it properly in combat.

There are lots of fanon theories about Aura. Me? I go with the idea that not everyone has the same Aura potential. It's not unlike the Old EU Jedi: Everyone alive has Force energy, but not everyone is Force Sensitive. And even those who are have different levels of potential. Training can help some become stronger or make better use of what they have, while others? It's just not going to get any stronger. That would be the best solution, I think. Some people when they have their Aura unlocked can become incredibly powerful combatants, and some just get a little stronger and tougher. Maybe a little luckier. Also, not everyone unlocks a Semblance. And even if they do? It's not always useful in combat.

People with unlocked Auras and training in using it can sense how strong other people are, locked or unlocked. Hence why Pyrrha told Jaune he had large Aura reserves: She could sense it from him. It would require a LOT of training to get that good and to be able to properly unlock another's Aura. As well as sense if they had the potential for it to be worthwhile. And Pyrrha could very easily have gotten such training as part of becoming a champion.

This would also fit in nicely with Jaune's struggles at the start: Despite his enormous Aura power? He has no idea how to use it properly or how to fight effectively. So while he has, in essence, a very large HP and MP pool to draw from, it does you no good if you can't DO anything with it. He's rendered a punching bag who just lasts for a while.

But if you stick with the canon that Jaune didn't get his Aura unlocked until Beacon and his parents let him leave home without that happening, there is a simple explanation:

At the Arc dining room, breakfast, a few days after Jaune left and went to Beacon.

Isabel: "I still can't believe you let him run off!"

Nick: "It's what he wanted, Izzy. Besides, he'll be fine! Between you and me, his Aura levels should be staggering! He'll do all right with some proper training and experience!"

Isabel: sighs in relief "Oh thank the Emperor Above, you unlocked his Aura before he left!"

Nick: blinks "... Nnnno, I thought you did. For his medical training?"

Isabel: "I wasn't going to unlock his Aura until he was actually at medical school! Wait... If I didn't unlock his Aura, and you didn't...?"

Nick and Isabel: "..."

A second later, the panicked parents punch through the front door and rush for the airship dock.

Isabel: "BABY, MOMMY'S COMING!"

Nick: "SON, HANG ON, YOUR DAD'S ON THE WAY!"

Because being oblivious at times can run in the family...

Isabel: "I wasn't going to unlock his Aura until he was actually at medical school! Wait... If I didn't unlock his Aura, and you didn't...?"

Nick and Isabel: "..."

A second later, the panicked parents punch through the front door and rush for the airship dock.

Isabel - "Dear Table Breaker, please look after my little boy, and send an angel to keep him safe!

Elsewhere

Pyrrha - *Achoo!*

As an aside, I made Nick Arc not just the opposite of Jacques Schnee as CRWBY put forth, but also made him a bright mirror of Raven.

Nick Arc is a bit of a Blood Knight, as parts of his personality ARE inspired by Son Goku and other Shonen heroes. He does like to fight challenging opponents. He does like to increase his strength and become better than he was. He will sometimes take Hunter jobs to deal with strong enemies. He does it to protect the innocent because he's a good guy, but he DOES enjoy fighting a strong, challenging opponent because it's very interesting and fun for him.

He loves sparring with his wife for the same reason: Even after over twenty years of marriage she can still surprise him. And it keeps them both in shape.

(Their marriage is significantly healthier than Goku and Chichi's because they still share many things in common).

He doesn't seek out battle just for the sake of it, mind you. If it's a pointless fight he will let it go. Getting drinks dumped on him in a bar by some asshole is not a reason for a fight. He doesn't go out to pick fights just for the hell of it, either. He still needs an actual reason. But he does enjoy the thrill and the challenge because that's who he is.

And if someone's picking on someone just because they're weaker? He will step in. Because he was raised by a Paladin-Monk, a hero, to protect the weak and the innocent. To not judge people based on their strength in a fight. The world is not that simple. And while Nick is a simple guy, he recognizes that there is more to life than just who is strongest.

He would have enjoyed sparring with Raven when they were at Beacon because she would be an interesting opponent. But if he faced her now, he would have some choice words for her.

Raven: "The strong rule over the weak. That's the way of the world."

Nick: "Feh. I'm an idiot and even I know that's not true. Stupid people always want to simplify the world and make it fit their philosophy. Rich is bad, poor is good. Human is good, Faunus are bad. The world is too complicated for everything to be put in a box like that." He levels his sword at her "All I see is someone trying to justify stealing from the weak when they have the strength to build something better."

Raven: "You became a farmer!"

Nick: "And a damned good one... But I never forgot that the people who live on that farm only sleep soundly when someone is willing and able to use violence to protect them. And sister... I am that man."

Last edited:
As an aside, I made Nick Arc not just the opposite of Jacques Schnee as CRWBY put forth, but also made him a bright mirror of Raven.

Nick Arc is a bit of a Blood Knight, as parts of his personality ARE inspired by Son Goku and other Shonen heroes. He does like to fight challenging opponents. He does like to increase his strength and become better than he was. He will sometimes take Hunter jobs to deal with strong enemies. He does it to protect the innocent because he's a good guy, but he DOES enjoy fighting a strong, challenging opponent because it's very interesting and fun for him.

He loves sparring with his wife for the same reason: Even after over twenty years of marriage she can still surprise him. And it keeps them both in shape.

(Their marriage is significantly healthier than Goku and Chichi's because they still share many things in common).

He doesn't seek out battle just for the sake of it, mind you. If it's a pointless fight he will let it go. Getting drinks dumped on him in a bar by some asshole is not a reason for a fight. He doesn't go out to pick fights just for the hell of it, either. He still needs an actual reason. But he does enjoy the thrill and the challenge because that's who he is.

And if someone's picking on someone just because they're weaker? He will step in. Because he was raised by a Paladin-Monk, a hero, to protect the weak and the innocent. To not judge people based on their strength in a fight. The world is not that simple. And while Nick is a simple guy, he recognizes that there is more to life than just who is strongest.

He would have enjoyed sparring with Raven when they were at Beacon because she would be an interesting opponent. But if he faced her now, he would have some choice words for her.

Raven: "The strong rule over the weak. That's the way of the world."

Nick: "Feh. I'm an idiot and even I know that's not true. Stupid people always want to simplify the world and make it fit their philosophy. Rich is bad, poor is good. Human is good, Faunus are bad. The world is too complicated for everything to be put in a box like that." He levels his sword at her "All I see is someone trying to justify stealing from the weak when they have the strength to build something better."

Raven: "You became a farmer!"

Nick: "And a damned good one... But I never forgot that the people who live on that farm only sleep soundly when someone is willing and able to use violence to protect them. And sister... I am that man."

Raven: did you just call me stupid?

Nick: dumbasssayswhat?

Raven: what?

Nick: HA!

*Que nick catching a fireball to the face*

Sometime later:

Blake: Ruby, you replaced me with an actual cat! That's r-r-ridiculous!

Ruby: Huh. Guess she did have some character development after all.

V4 Mad Scientist Ruby with a Revenge driven Jaune getting there hands on the lamps bad, them getting there hands on the STAFF PANIC if your name is Salem Cinder or Tyrian... Hazel would be dead before he can run thought hate that guy also just attack his spine or achilles tendon if he can't feel pain he can't tell he's taken damage and is crippled before he can run i know 3 anime were 'hur dur i can't feel pain, what why can't i move?' gets curb stomped it's a dump power a real life condition and f'em

Kumoko: "Ooh! The Big Breasted Tomboy! She might be fun! ... But then there's the porn reading Ninja Catgirl. That's a classic! Urgh... Could Jauney go for a harem? Can I make him go for a harem? Would I get more XP for it?"

The Game Menu says "Yes."

Kumoko: "HAREM ENDING IT IS!"

Kumoko taking Canon Jaune and turning him into Game!Jaune is actually epic and in-universe terrifying, like Pyrrha knows this cute noodle went from untrained civilian to rivaling prodigies that have been trained by elites for years in months and is the perfect house husband he cooks cleans and is completely normal about women products from his 7 sisters. Honestly if would got out he faked his way into Beacon i don't think people would believe it

I kind of want to see Katy Sith and Yang meet and realize how alike they are.

Katy: "Weiss Schnee? You crushed on Weiss Schnee? I could understand the blonde, or Pyrrha Nikos, but Weiss Schnee?"
Weiss: *irritated* "What's that supposed to mean?"
Katy: *points at her boobs, then Pyrrha's, then Yang's, then flexes her arm and points to Pyrrha's and Yang's obvious musculature*
Weiss: "Well...he broke up with you, so there!"
Katy: *pityingly* "Sweetie, we broke up amicably. That doesn't mean I stopped loving him or that we weren't the other's go-to booty call until he left for Beacon."

Katy may have been able to hand a [according to word CRWBY superhuman no aura Jaune] but how about Jaune with more aura then 2 teams and stamina training from Pyrrha and Nora. Its not that Katy is desperate for Jaune [aa lie] it that she needs help in the bedroom to handle the new beast Beacon as created

Anyone else think Jaune being hated and other such actions cause of how he got into beacon is a dumb story idea? I mean for gods sake besides being a death world theres like five other people who didnt go to a combat school.
I agree. Plus, look at his growth. Outperforming people who've been training for years with just a bit of training from Pyrrha. Well, comparatively a bit.

On Aura and Jaune not getting his Aura unlocked before he goes to Beacon...

Honestly, it is more bad writing that really needed to be fixed by an editor.
Honestly Jaune was RWBYs version of Ash. Ignorant and had no fucking clue on how to do anything but got good ridiculously fast( and semi stayed that way cause fans would have crucified the writers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back