• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Sneaking His Way into the Multiverse (RWBY Jaune, WC-lite mechanics)

Oh, towards the end when Rooster Teeth was progressively shitting the bed.

There are multiple times we see the characters do absolutely impossible things and then never do anything that even approaches that level of stuff ever again.

A. Ren's aura techniques.
B. Aura can tell you if someone/something is watching/has harmful intentions for you.
C. Aura capacity can be improved but most focus on using it more efficiently (from an interview)
D. Aura can boost physical abilities to the point that Blake was able to jump from a ship at a Sea Fielong that was at least 100 meters.
E. Presumably aura can be used to enhance the effects of dust bullets (the way see Ruby dancing around early on, and also reinforce the weapon itself, maybe dust infused metals)
F. Yang punched multiple Ursa at least a dozen meters through trees. That requires several tons of force from a punch alone (no semblance) if the Ursa are assumed to weigh more than a Grizzly.
G. Further evidence for physical attributes being reinforced is fight from season 1. Team RWBY running and jumping on falling debris and actually gaining height.
H. Further evidence for aura/dust infused materials is Blake's Gambol Shroud.
I. Jaune also tanks a charging Nuckalavee and doesn't even move an inch. That's like stopping a runaway car (probably bigger) with your hands and not moving.
J. Tyrian was able to intercept and block Ruby's bullets without even looking at it. Likely the aura danger sense.
K. Aura can also be completely refilled through willpower alone. (Hazel)
L. I forgot the two most important things about aura 😂 they shield you from harm and heal you when injured.

I'm sure there more but aura literally makes a better super soldiers than Spartans (up to a point so long as it's not depleted) and no baby kidnapping required. Not to mention if they actually used all these properly than by god are aura users terrifying. They can move and jump around the battlefield in seconds, take shots that kill anyone, and can rip a man apart with their bare hands. Absolutely terrifying. The only reason a Spartan might win is because of their brain - maybe reaction speed - (even though that's unlikely) and not even their armor will save them. So yeah, Rooster Teeth fucked up a LOOOONG time ago. Hell they can certainly beat Space Marines that's for sure.

Last edited:
Great job on the chapter. Jaune being a good baby sitter with Tattletale was surprisingly entertaining. Lisa having zero tact was pure gold coupled with Jaunes (and Remnants) view of criminals (specifically rebels against the kingdoms) was an excellent learning opportunity for her. Her telling him he did a good job was surprisingly sad.

Jaunes witnessing the elderich horror of an unbroken moon was very funny.

Yeah, this is by now a recurring problem. This is a second world where he picked up a straggler but at most a souvenir worth of loot.
He'll never get back in the black if the arcs keep ending like this.
Wonder how much an Outsider husbando is worth.

But yeah, also I hope It won't occur to often, or else the story might face a too many cooks syndrome in Jaune Inner circle. But that still far off.

Last edited:
"Hey, Jaune. Catch."

Something soft and white hit him in the face. He pulled it off to see…

"I made sure to grab a couple of towels, so we can dry off after taking a bath now."
Looks like Tattletale read the Hitchhikers Guide.
Rule #1: Always have a towel on you.
Good on her.

I'd give the fight to the space marines just in principle of them having the experience and training advantage. On that note imagine a space marine with aura.

You say experience but Space Marines just seem to mostly just charge in or play their stereotypical roles so I wouldn't find it difficult to expect them to get outmaneuvered and taken apart. I mean sure 10,000 years of war but they've remained completely stagnant through that time.

Personally I'd say Spartans would fight an aura user better than a Space Marine

Last edited:
You know, I know it's not a focus of most Catalog stories, unless you go at it in mission selection. But I am kind of curious if Jaune is ever going to run a coop mission or end up with access to an agent's hub, seeing how he interact with more stereotypical agents or other kinds of anti agents could be a nice thing to delve into if the Lazymoon intend to focus on how Jaune react to the morality of all this company crap.

doubly so if he come across a RWBY character, seeing the love based perks in an afterthought is one thing, seeing it in action, or the less subtle but no less insidious option would be interesting.

a team RWBY or JNPR or other main heroes would be a bit too much on the drama spanner it will cause. But someone like Cinder could be a good compromise.

...or even maybe running into a female agent with a Jaune husbando...

Last edited:
Aura capacity can be improved but most focus on using it more efficiently (from an interview
I took that to mean "yes you can improve aura capacity but from a time perspective it's faster to train aura efficiency.
Jaunes semblance would allow him to go from near empty to full in minutes. I'd be willing to say that making a habit of repeatedly approaching red and then refilling their aura several times a day would rapidly improve their aura capacity compared to more traditional methods. Jaune also lacks any actual teaching on how to improve anura efficiency beyond what he got out of one year of school. So unless he and Lisa can buy information on aura control from the shop, their best bet for aura would probably just be to use Jaunes semblance to develop absolutely obscene aura reserves.

Edit: of course Jaune still doesn't know what his semblance is. So that's probably several chapters away.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is by now a recurring problem. This is a second world where he picked up a straggler but at most a souvenir worth of loot.
He'll never get back in the black if the arcs keep ending like this.
It's not THAT bad. The first bone charm was worth 260 points. He has two, and a bunch of other assorted items. If he sells just the charms, he'd pay off more than half of his debt, and who knows how much that gold bar or the crossbows were worth.

Yeah, and the Outsider is an ascended god (he was a sacrificed man a few hundred years ago according to his cult I think) mooching off in the Void of the world. Now that he's out, he's gonna go and meddle around in the Void between the worlds and probably level up in the background to try to personally one-up the Company. You know, since he has always wanted similar enemy to compete against doesn't he?

It's not THAT bad. The first bone charm was worth 260 points. He has two, and a bunch of other assorted items. If he sells just the charms, he'd pay off more than half of his debt, and who knows how much that gold bar or the crossbows were worth.
The gold bars probably doesn't really worth much, but yeah the two bone charms and whale oil fuel could since they're basically the magic of the setting. They can just use the gold bars to pay for stuffs in the next world though.
it's a shame Tattletale isn't a Tinker, but it's hard to write about them lol. At least Thinkers fuck up a lot in real time as we just saw.

If you think about it, Remnant humanity was likely hunted to near extinction before dust and aura became widespread with the survivors selecting for genes pertaining to both cheerful optimism and cold blooded murder.

Tattletale heard Huntsman and thought "Monster Hunter", but really the historical meaning was probably closer to "Man of the Hunt", and connected to an elite upper class who were both charismatic leaders and also brutally efficient executioners, not much sense capturing bandits or criminals when putting them in prison might attract Grimm.

Deathworlds gon' Deathworld.

"I didn't want to kill them. They decided otherwise."

Honestly, if you're going this route (where jaune is more used to killing people and Lisa isn't comfortable with it) you should probably deemphasise the Jaune's attempts at nonlethality in the brawl.
Discribing him 'using his sword as a club' already sounds weird when he gave his sheath away. You can do stuff with the back of a single-edged blade but Jaune's sword is double-edged.
Hitting someone with the flat of a naked blade is hard enough when you're not being swarmed by 50 people. At a certain point it becomes completely impractical.
But at no point did you describe him just giving up and carving into people or stabbing anybody. (in contrast to Corvo who made his entrance by stabbing and shooting people) and all of the non-corvo fatalities seem to be ascribed to unfriendly fire by the other traitors.

But then in the next scene you have Lisa in shock like she just watched him dismember a bunch of people.
There's a kind of jarring sense of discontinuity from that.
You should probably add in at least one line describing Jaune deliberately slashing or stabbing someone. Possibly halfway into the fight, to denote the breakdown of combat and Jaune having to stop holding back.

And I mean, it wouldn't be unreasonable. Frankly it's weirder that he went nonlethal to begin with. He's not invincible, if he got dogpiled by a dozen men, they could easily restrain him with raw weight and then just beat his head in with a rock until his aura gives out.
Plus, it's not like these people aren't immediately going to be killed anyway. Treason isn't really the sort of thing you can let people walk away from, and it's not like the Loyalists have prisons.
Also, Tattletale might be bulletproof, but Emily isn't.

TLDR: it might make more sense for Jaune to wade in slashing and cutting from the beginning, or at least devolve into slashing and cutting as the fight progresses and he loses the ability to try to carefully knock people out.

Edit: Also, if the outside counts as a prize to be taken, then Jaune should sell that motherfucker immediately.
No hesitation.

That's what you get for being such a creepy little shit.

Last edited:
Frankly? I think Lisa's reaction is less on Jaune killing and more on her power letting her know how in another life, in another time? Jaune would have had this little of a shit to give about killing her for being, in his eyes, a no-good criminal.

Like, there is being a hardened killer (she has met plenty of those), there is being a psycho who enjoys killing (less common, but at least it makes sense from a 'literally sick on the head' point), and then there is Jaune 'WYM killing criminals is bad?' Arc. And this is common sense not just to him, but - presumably - to his people too.

Tl: Dr; Jaune had an unnerving moment seeing an unbroken moon, an utterly alien sight to him. I think Lisa had a similar moment when she realized just how alien this other-worlder named Jaune can be.

Honestly, if you're going this route (where jaune is more used to killing people and Lisa isn't comfortable with it) you should probably deemphasise the Jaune's attempts at nonlethality in the brawl.
Discribing him 'using his sword as a club' already sounds weird when he gave his sheath away. You can do stuff with the back of a single-edged blade but Jaune's sword is double-edged.
Hitting someone with the flat of a naked blade is hard enough when you're not being swarmed by 50 people. At a certain point it becomes completely impractical.
But at no point did you describe him just giving up and carving into people or stabbing anybody. (in contrast to Corvo who made his entrance by stabbing and shooting people) and all of the non-corvo fatalities seem to be ascribed to unfriendly fire by the other traitors.

But then in the next scene you have Lisa in shock like she just watched him dismember a bunch of people.
There's a kind of jarring sense of discontinuity from that.
You should probably add in at least one line describing Jaune deliberately slashing or stabbing someone. Possibly halfway into the fight, to denote the breakdown of combat and Jaune having to stop holding back.

And I mean, it wouldn't be unreasonable. Frankly it's weirder that he went nonlethal to begin with. He's not invincible, if he got dogpiled by a dozen men, they could easily restrain him with raw weight and then just beat his head in with a rock until his aura gives out.
Plus, it's not like these people aren't immediately going to be killed anyway. Treason isn't really the sort of thing you can let people walk away from, and it's not like the Loyalists have prisons.
Also, Tattletale might be bulletproof, but Emily isn't.

TLDR: it might make more sense for Jaune to wade in slashing and cutting from the beginning, or at least devolve into slashing and cutting as the fight progresses and he loses the ability to try to carefully knock people out.

Edit: Also, if the outside counts as a prize to be taken, then Jaune should sell that motherfucker immediately.
No hesitation.

That's what you get for being such a creepy little shit.
He did write it that way tho. Jaune clearly starts out hitting with the flat of the blade and transitions to cutting people.

There are multiple times we see the characters do absolutely impossible things and then never do anything that even approaches that level of stuff ever again.

B. Aura can tell you if someone/something is watching/has harmful intentions for you.
C. Aura capacity can be improved but most focus on using it more efficiently (from an interview)
D. Aura can boost physical abilities to the point that Blake was able to jump from a ship at a Sea Fielong that was at least 100 meters.
E. Presumably aura can be used to enhance the effects of dust bullets (the way see Ruby dancing around early on, and also reinforce the weapon itself, maybe dust infused metals)
F. Yang punched multiple Ursa at least a dozen meters through trees. That requires several tons of force from a punch alone (no semblance) if the Ursa are assumed to weigh more than a Grizzly.
G. Further evidence for physical attributes being reinforced is fight from season 1. Team RWBY running and jumping on falling debris and actually gaining height.
I. Jaune also tanks a charging Nuckalavee and doesn't even move an inch. That's like stopping a runaway car (probably bigger) with your hands and not moving.
J. Tyrian was able to intercept and block Ruby's bullets without even looking at it. Likely the aura danger sense.
L. I forgot the two most important things about aura 😂 they shield you from harm and heal you when injured.

I'm sure there more but aura literally makes a better super soldiers than Spartans (up to a point so long as it's not depleted) and no baby kidnapping required. Not to mention if they actually used all these properly than by god are aura users terrifying. They can move and jump around the battlefield in seconds, take shots that kill anyone, and can rip a man apart with their bare hands. Absolutely terrifying. The only reason a Spartan might win is because of their brain - maybe reaction speed - (even though that's unlikely) and not even their armor will save them. So yeah, Rooster Teeth fucked up a LOOOONG time ago. Hell they can certainly beat Space Marines that's for sure.

You missed the part where in Qrow and Winter's fight, they're flash-stepping all over and constantly fighting at that speed. Neither has a speed or reflex semblance. So Spartan reaction times are also not superior to Aura users.

Frankly? I think Lisa's reaction is less on Jaune killing and more on her power letting her know how in another life, in another time? Jaune would have had this little of a shit to give about killing her for being, in his eyes, a no-good criminal.
Lisa was pretty much a thief. Hardly a hard-bitten bandit who deserves to die on the spot.

It's the diffrence between people like a pre-cinder Roman, and people like Raven, Cinder or Adam.

Junior and the twins were gangsters but rwby weren't exactly clamouring for their execution.

The police still exist and they still arrest people.
They don't just send Huntsmen to murder you on the spot.

You missed the part where in Qrow and Winter's fight, they're flash-stepping all over and constantly fighting at that speed. Neither has a speed or reflex semblance. So Spartan reaction times are also not superior to Aura users.
Ooh, are we talking Huntsmen vs Spartans? I've done this convo before! Several times in fact! But I'll just leave the most in-depth one I went into:

And for funsies, a lil omake I wrote about Aura headcanons for a Halo/RWBY crossover:

With the list of all shit that normal Aura can do (but RoosterTeeth than braindumped), Jaune's Semblance would make physically on par with Superman (albeit ignoring the stuff like flight and lasers/frost breath).

The way it been shown working Aura is closer to HP* mechanics than "force field".
As long as the 'Damage' inflicted is less than whatever is left in your tank you flat out won't be injured in any meaningful way (temporary cosmetic damage nonwithstanding).
There's exceptions obviously but most of them are either for the sake of Drama or because the attacker has Semblance that lets them pull it off.

*well HP and MP rolled into one really.

Last edited:
I think what shocked Lisa was not just the part Jaune played in the bloodbath, but the bloodbath itself. She might be a criminal but she just a petty thief and, at that point, Lisa wouldn't have had many occasions to witness this much death in one sitting and with a front row seat. There's Leviathan obviously, but before that there's only maybe Bakuda's bombing spree, if I got my Worm timeline right. In front of scenes of carnage like this one, justifications tend to ring hollow. Even if Jaune's are pretty good.

I mean, it's hilarious to me that she would be judging Jaune. Tattletale was Coil's intel machine, she had to know how many people died because of the gangs on a daily basis. Jaune's not a murderhobo, he didn't pick a fight AT ALL. In fact, LISA picked the fight. Lisa is the actual murderhobo here. The fact that she sucks at murder and has to rely on Jaune the human marshmallow to bail her out doesn't change the fact that all Jaune did was defend himself and them from a coup Lisa herself precipitated.
Hehe. The deaths she knows about are always on the other side of the screen. Always 'far off' so she can put it out of mind. It's easier to ignore then. Not so much when Jaune's going choppity chop in front of her face.
Everything about the situation was still within the realm of her understanding, until what she thought of as a puppy decided to go murderblender.

Wait, Martin has been dealt with too? When? Did it happen off screen?
How long were they in Dunwall?
Why tell him about a problem if you won't give him time to do anything about it?
Yup. Off-screened. He and the people in the gold scowling masks are from the same organization, implicating him in the plot.
Two nights. The event was 'House of Pleasure' and should have ended when the rescue was complete. They stayed for almost 12 hours after the end point.
It's a thing the Outsider likes to do, even in the games. Show the person a bit into the future, or an alternate path, or information about the target they did not know. Just a poke to see how Corvo, Emily, Daud, and so on react to the truth of their actions. He can't feel strong emotions anymore, but he wants to remember, so he does it through other people.

Smug Tattletale meets Mysterious Outsider in a battle for the sagas
too many cooks
They won't interact much. The Outsider appears in dreams, and not always. He might enter the story at the end of an arc, sometimes, for a conversation with Jaune.

Oh, I did. I had gone with an uncanny valley take in the first paragraph of the fight.
First line, Jaune goes from 0 to 5, using the flat of his blade. That was him making 'an' attempt at nonlethal as befitting the hero types. He did not give his utmost, because in the lines that immediately follow, he went from 5 to 100 with limbs chopped off, blood pouring on the floor, dying people begging their comrades to save them, etc. All in the opening scene, translating to about 10 seconds.
Sideline perspective, he went from 'goody-to-shoes that attends hero school' to 'wading through rivers of blood and piles of bodies' with barely a pause in between. Just because he had determined these guys to be traitors and backstabbers.

I think Lisa had a similar moment when she realized just how alien this other-worlder named Jaune can be.
You are right! This is a huge part of it.
The last few chapters, they got on well. In terms of conversation, culture, outlook, Jaune seemed like he could fit into her country seamlessly. Then, he started fighting for real. Still the same person, except now Tattletale is seeing a new side to him and the society he comes from, about what they see as a 'hero'. And throughout the battle, he was still thinking hero thoughts in his head about protecting Tattletale and Emily without sparing a single care for the people that he sees were his enemies, to freak Tattletale out even more.

Her telling him he did a good job was surprisingly sad.

Jaunes witnessing the elderich horror of an unbroken moon was very funny.
Yeah...she received an inkling of what Remnant is actually like, and the effect it had on Jaune.
And the full moon! 🌕 Look at it! Unnatural! 😂

Lisa is so annoying!
She is!

Yes she is, and that's why we love her. Skrunkly lil dork.
🤣

I just binged this. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you
Glad you liked it 😁

I loved the hide-and-seek with superpowers, and that Jaune no longer minds heights after only a single year at Beacon.

Tattletale: *that face when you realise the himbo from a hero school who fights evil monsters that plague humanity is from a death world and all that entails*
This really brings to mind the relative scale of Death Worlds. I mean, Buffy's world has been described as a reclaimed piece of Hell itself, and Bet is even worse, but Remnant is a full tier beyond anything with countries that we'd recognize. And then there are places like 40K to remind you that Remnant's not that bad, most of the time.

Pffft. Yeah I imagine it would look freaky to a person from Remnant.
Well, there's one night a month (which may or may not be anywhere close to four weeks) where Remnant's moon is described as full; for example, the attack on Haven was scheduled for such a night. Even then, though, one can see a few small bits of the shattered side peeking around the edges.

So when is Tattle going to get him to describe the moon he grew up with?

And throughout the battle, he was still thinking hero thoughts in his head about protecting Tattletale and Emily without sparing a single care for the people that he sees were his enemies, to freak Tattletale out even more.
There are times when the difference between a Hero and a Villain is not what you do, but why. And this TT wouldn't have gotten the full scoop on Shadow Stalker yet, much less Alexandria, and may even have believed her cops-and-robbers spiel back in her safe city-dwelling days. Though Taylor really should have given her some insight into the mindset of a completely self-sacrificing Hero.

They won't interact much. The Outsider appears in dreams, and not always. He might enter the story at the end of an arc, sometimes, for a conversation with Jaune.
Ah, so he will have a two fold role of a morality litmus test and as an exposition fairy of how Jaune had altered the worlds he visited in.

That and the inevitable cheap shot Lisa will throw at him about how he is living in a Tardis with a girl yet end up having dreams about a strange man rather then her.

Two nights. The event was 'House of Pleasure' and should have ended when the rescue was complete. They stayed for almost 12 hours after the end point.
Ah. So it's not so much a strict time limit as much as 'event completion' (Leviathan fight, Princess rescue here).
So if an event lasted weeks they would stick around in a setting for weeks.
He can't feel strong emotions anymore, but he wants to remember, so he does it through other people.
Like Fate Merlin?
Did the Outsider have any interaction with Lisa or her shard?
And what if anything would the Outsider think of Lisa's patron?
Yeah...she received an inkling of what Remnant is actually like, and the effect it had on Jaune.
And the full moon! 🌕 Look at it! Unnatural! 😂
Imagine a werewolf from another setting ending up on Remnant. Lupin for example. I wonder if they would be free of their curse or if they would just transform as normal.

Last edited:
Yeah...she received an inkling of what Remnant is actually like, and the effect it had on Jaune
Yeah. I didn't even think of it but Jaune killed jax in chapter one. At the time he deeply respected him (because of the mind control), the instant Jax started killing people willy nilly Jaune kamikazed off a roof to take him out. Very ingrained response to betrayal there.

@LazyAutumnMoon, I'll try and expand on this review later but for now just wanted to say that this has cemented itself as one of the top fics on this site and in general. My nightmare is that it won't have an ending. But yeah. The novelty, premise, characterizations, characters, writing… I just really love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back