1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Story time dot ORG (My Snippets, updates, and news thread)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by OverReactionGuy, Apr 24, 2015.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I wasn't sure Space!Knight could use omega level spells honestly. Seems I have a few things to look up if I start this story again.

2. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

Czlyydwr Llrngwl "Sell ya a door Learn gull" Czly/Celly for short.

No, you're right - I don't think the Mystic Knights learn magic past Mega innately, definitely not Giga, and not Star at all - you'd need a Star Mage/Skull minion or previous incarnation for that. I just put all of my characters through Healer and Star Skull to pick up the spells and evilities (and essentially never use the unique characters who can't reincarnate to other classes until passing at least Espoir and a couple ranks of healing and Star magic as well) so I pretty much think of it as "all Disgaea characters can heal and cast Star magic," even though that's not really true. OTOH, it's a fic, not a game. There's no reason your Space knight shouldn't have a specialty in Star magic, especially not since you're at least at the level of a second tier named party member as the main character of a "spinoff" from your Overlord's "game."

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  3. OverReactionGuy

There's the function where you can learn magic from standing right next to the caster in question right? Could say she learned it from someone that way I believe.

4. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

In D1&2, you can learn magic by casting it while standing next to a caster character created with your mana. In D3&4, you had to put the caster character in the same club or Evil Area and then enter the Chara World of the one who was going to learn it and spend 10x the mana cost of initially learning the spell (which itself must be bought from the Skill Master NPC rather than being learned as the character or Staff skill levels up.) In DD2, casters learn their spells by leveling up their weapon skills (and Book weapons are added that teach summon-style spells, having a bigger INT bonus than staffs but I think no spell range increase) and you can assign masters/students at any time, both of which can learn the other's spells without even having to stand next to each other to cast them. I don't have a PS4 so I can't tell you about D5., but I would hope they kept the system from Disgaea D2. I haven't played more than the tutorial levels of DD2 yet either, aside from a quick stint making everyone Flonne's student (including Laharl and Etna) so they could learn Heal.

Other things worth noting added in the later games include:
    D3:
    *Putting a character in the Nursing Club let the hospital bonus items be Legendary rarity, making it much better not to take any of them until you unlocked it. I managed to do so in the first quarter of the game IIRC.
    *Pirates and Reverse Pirating in the Item World - Pirates are groups of enemies that may appear at the end of turns 1-5, usually higher level than the average for their floors (sometimes MUCH higher level) and usually carrying rare gear, treasure chests, or possibly rare Innocents to subdue. Reverse Pirating may have come in with D4, but I think it was in 3 - that's where you capture the ship of a pirate group you defeat (it's an RNG loot drop after beating all of a pirate group) and can enter an item once for every 20 floors you've cleared, getting another boss to kill for bonus levels and innocent boost (no double killing the boss, unfortunately) treasure chests, more unsubbed innocents I think (again, that's how it works in D4, but I'm not sure of D3) and a Level Sphere. Between Mystery Rooms, Level Spheres, and reverse Pirating, you can get items up to Lv300 despite still only having 100 floors.
    *items above Rk34 and the last level hospital prizes could only be claimed in the Land of Carnage, where enemies are given a toughness bump even before any Stronger Enemies Bills are passed.
    *Mystery Innocents, which only turn into one of the normal types after being subdued. This is an RNG thing, if you don't like it you can reload and get a different one. There were a bunch of new Innocents added with various weird effects, too.
    *almost all humanoid classes has male and female forms
    *added Evilities, passive skills that always add their effect as long as they're equipped. Humanoids get one innate and one equippable, monsters have an extra equippable slot.
    *Puppy Paw Stick weapon that has a chance to steal an enemy's item when they're killed using it, including your own party members under conditions when they turn hostile, such as if they vote against your bill in the Student Council's Dark Assembly or appear as Heart Constructs in the Chara World. I don't think Clone geo effects count, though. This makes duping leveled equipment complete with innocents possible and supposedly only mildly irritating instead of a massive hassle, though I never got around to trying.
    * a bunch of nifty new monster classes too, most of which appear in the Axel Mode of D2DHD.

Bad: doesn't use the awesome Excalibur from D2 and I don't think different rarity weapons are different colors any more. That's a definite for D4.
    *the toilet bowl level where you're fighting on a giant turd. Disgaea is partly about the wacky humor, but descending to potty jokes killed this game for me, to the point I didn't even unlock more than the basic tier of each class and monster let alone play the even immediate postgame content. The worst part is that this is the first grinding map worth the name, so avoiding it means a tough slog to open up the Mansion of Ordeals. I didn't bother since I had D4 and DD2 on the same Triple Play Collection disk.
    * Jumping puzzle mystery rooms, where you can only get all the way with Mao (or the nominal main character for other games/modes) at Lv9999. This continues in D4, and probably later games as well, unfortunately. D2 had this a little bit with the treasure chests in your base area, but D3&4 take it to levels that are incredibly annoying when you're in the early to mid-game and haven't put a hundred hours into grinding your way to the level cap.

D4:
    *Branching Paths added to the item world, where every five floors you get a choice of Item Boost path for extra levels or Innocent Boost path to bump up the stats of your residents. Level Spheres also have a chance to appear on Item Growth route and new innocents (of the types available for that item) on the on the Innocent Growth path as well as boosting the ones you already have. Alternating routes to take the middle path is the Treasures route, where you get more treasure chests. Enemies don't attack chests in D4, and maybe not D3.
    *build-your-own pirate ship, with pirate groups now dropping parts rather than a complete ship.
    *capture humanoids as well as monsters, and interrogate them for treasure, cash, or to join your group. Note that their equipment is stripped when you catch them, so steal first! Also, you have to have the Discipline Room evil symbol on your Campaign HQ map, and they only fight the members put into its Evil Area, not your whole in-base-panel team. On the plus side, that means they don't kill all your lowbies before facing anyone who can actually take them.
    *Heart Cannon evil symbol makes building up the bonus gauge by having a bunch of lowbies stand around and bully the cleric a matter of 1-2 rounds instead of ten
    *dual Magichange and Giant Magichange using Fused monsters. When dual magichanged, you get two attacks, though you have to make them from the same location.
    * Magichange Scroll now gives infinite duration, not just +1 turn. It's the prize from a specific mystery room after collecting 100 level spheres.
    * finally a Rk40 Emblem, the Trapezohedron. Even with the order-of-magnitude higher stat cap, you can easily hit it with triple trapz.

Not so good: The extra levels to explain four out of the six main story characters' backstory/epilogue is DLC you have to buy (The Fuka And Desco Show & The Flashback Episode.) D3 did this sorta with Rasberyl's extra mode, while D1 and D2 have Etna and Akutaro's bonus modes included in the PSP versions as I'm sure you already know. F&DS and TFE plus the Fuka & Desco character DLC for DD2 will eat up a $20 PSN card with like three cents left. There's a dozen other (mostly cheaper) DLC items for D4 as well, totaling something like $75 or $100. The way of the modern world, I guess... Mostly main characters from other NIS games, but there are a couple of truly new ones, the Healer and Necromancer. Healer looks like it might have been interesting if it was just included normally, Necromancer has an interesting character design but mostly spams 1hp yellow-lifebar zombies everywhere, which get in the way and (obviously) die ridiculously easily.

DD2, I've mostly talked about everything interesting I've seen so far, except to add that Stronger/Weaker enemies is now part of the functions accessed from a "cheat shop" NPC, along with altering the ratio of XP/Mana/HL gained from battle and various other things. The degree to which you can adjust anything but enemy level is restricted by how many unique characters you've unlocked to join your party. The Vita version of D4 makes this a menu item rather than a base NPC, so you can even adjust the enemy rank up or down in the Item World if things are getting boring, or a little too exciting.

I'm sure there's more I could mention, but I've gone on for a while already, and my D4 game is sitting on a chara world level waiting for me to get back to it.

edit: So. Many. Typos.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  5. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

I started actively playing DD2, and wow is it different, even if it's still obviously a Disgaea setting game. Some things are definite advances and make game mechanical elements more in character, but mostly it feels like they cut off a bunch of the breadth of the previous entries (number of monster and humanoid classes, the ship and base editor, etc., and from what I've read in jamming two half-plots together to make it long enough to call a real game versus D4 having like sixty story maps and developing the plot directly in all but one or two) in favor of pushing the numerical caps higher, to eight-digit stats and eleven(?)-digit HP, items up to 999 floors and so on. Apparently the Armored Knight got his "I want to be more dainty" bill passed some time between D4 and DD2 though, because in this game the Armored Knight is very feminine. (He complains about it being rejected in one of the quotes if you walk up to him and talk in the Cam-pain HQ in D4.) It's a bigger game but it just feels ... hollow, even with Laharl's massive ego and booming laughter echoing around inside.

Since you didn't evince enthusiasm for my previous post, I won't go into more detail unless prompted, but figured it deserved at least this much of a follow-up.

6. OverReactionGuy

Sorry, been dealing with a few things in real life lately and am also working on the next chapter for wandering around, lost and alone.

Which I'm likely going to change its name.

I kinda just remember the story existed.

The good news is, it's set in negima at first so after reworking some mechanics I may revive can a mook become the main character or whatever I named that quest.

If I get inspiration for it again.

ryuan and Czlyydwr Llrngwl like this.
  7. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

No need to apologize, it's your ideas and updates thread after all. I liked the nekomata-in-Mahora idea, but don't know too much about the later parts of Negima (I got thoroughly sick of the time-travel-cloning festival thing about two loops in and never came back to it) so I'd be playing pretty much "blind" if you did start that back up. And, well, Disgaea. QQ is actually the only place I'm checking my watched thread alerts because there's too many to keep up with on SB & SV normally, let alone when all but a 5% tip of my attention is going to "just one more" trip to the grinding map or Item World. I have 404 hours on D4 and didn't even touch the postgame maps except to get Des-Z for my party. Sadly, only Fuka and Desco are available as DD2 DLC, but at least they join immediately rather than being post-game only, and Desco's black/purple alternate colors (as opposed to the lighter purple/grey standard) are available as well since you don't have to hunt for the color changer in the item world for this game. You can change weapon sprites, too, and the Item Assembly is part of the Item World Guide's menu instead of maybe on floor-ten-and-a-half if the RNGoddess is feeling generous today! I love that.

8. OverReactionGuy

It was actually succubus that was voted on in the quest. I'd actually probably get a mod to move it to the NSFW thread if I do revive it though.

Haven't bother to finish or look over the next chapter of Neko De Neko due to me being utterly burnt out on worm to the point where I'm ignoring the majority of the shit that's coming out for the setting and just sticking to a few authors I know can write a good worm story or have potential to.

9. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

I'm pretty well there with you on Worm I think... part of why I started another round of video gaming is that the vast majority of fic that I'd been following was gertting aggravating to read from seeing almost the same plot points covered dozens of times in most of the other Worm fics.

10. Czlyydwr Llrngwl

To sum up my impressions after a couple days of playing DD2, there are a lot of refinements but the only things that are really relevant for telling a story in the setting are having turned the "club" and "evil area" mechanics of D3&4 into explicitly training or studying in a gym or classroom area of the base, not just being a name on a list or standing/sitting in a particular place, and the introduction of Promotion to be transferred to the next higher tier of your current class/monster species without being Reincarnated and losing all your levels. I don't know if there's anything like that for uniques, though - aside from plot upgrades that change your title, they usually don't have any 'tiers' to go through except for stocking up reincarnations. Presumably, demons powerful enough that their identity is immutable are already far beyond any such 'tiers,' as comparing their base stats tends to bear out. For generics, promotion mana cost increases the same way reincarnation costs do, though possibly at a slower rate - promotion is 100 more each time, but I haven't reincarnated anyone more than once to know if that still doubles each time in this game or has a flat increase too. I think D1 was a flat increase, so it may be an intentional difference to the rules of Krichevskoy's and Laharl's Netherworld versus Zenon's, Mao's and Hugo's.

Also, I looked at some gameplay videos of D5. That was a bad idea. Now I really want to get a PS4 so I can play it myself, and I really can't afford one, nor will I be able to for the foreseeable future :(

11. OverReactionGuy

I know how that feels, though with me it's a few different games since I didn't see d5 and what not. It's the same with vita too.

Czlyydwr Llrngwl likes this.
  12. OverReactionGuy

status update.

currently going through my older stories and newer ones that I've yet to start and well... expect a few stories that you thought dead be updated and some new chapters come about for different story ideas because that ain't going to stop soon. Don't know what I would do about my quests though. I'm really not good with quests, at all. Some of the problem is because I get sick when ever I start one or get it really going, but otherwise it's mostly on me and my own laziness. If I start a quest now a days there would be very little mechanics and the character page really would be me keeping tabs on what the character has and it's abilities are but the quest itself would be driven by narrative.

No dice rolls, no spend exp to upgrade traits and become insanely OP compared to what you do in the story and shit like that.

Anyway, I kinda am burnt out on worm and the majority of my old running stories are worm. So there will likely be new updates for them but do not expect them to come out insanely fast or what not. Just thought I'd let you know I'm working on them, if a bit slowly.

So pretty much normal fair for me.

Krazyfan1, ryuan and Czlyydwr Llrngwl like this.
  13. Threadmarks: Adventures of Pyroclysm Loli(Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban CYOA SI) Chapter 1
    OverReactionGuy

Adventures of Pyroclysm Loli(Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban CYOA SI)

Chapter 1: Don’t drink kids, it causes weird things to happen.​

I was walking home from the bar. It was a cool and crisp night with the wind rustling the tree leaves. Street lights illuminated my path, but there were still dark corners where you’ll likely meet a terrible end by a grue. Still, I continued to walk home because I was way over the legal limit to drive. Well, when I say walked I mean wobble and not because I was a big guy, which I was, but because it’s hard to have motor control when you likely drank enough beer to kill a small elephant.

My Irish and German heritage were no help for my tolerance either, stupid stereotypes being wrong.

Anyway in my wobbling home because I forgot I had a car, a cellphone, and even money to pay a taxi to drive me to my destination, I came across an interesting sight. A sight that I drank up ever so obviously with a leer. There was the most beautiful woman ever right in front of me, waiting under a street light. Her skin was the fairest of fair and her bosom bountiful. She wore an elegant white dress that looked like it belonged in a fairy tale. She raised one hand to brush strands of her luscious golden hair away from her eyes as she saw me.

She looked at me with her deep blue eyes that felt like they pierced through my very soul.

“Greetings mister,” She said and in my drunken stupor I never realized I walked so close to her. Close enough to just reach out and touch her utter perfection. “Do you require aid?”

I never registered her question and instead my mind went through the human courtship protocols filtered through my very drunk brain.

“Would you like to have premarital sex for the purpose of procreation?” I had asked her though it really came out like this. “W-would, you sex?”

I was never the most coherent drunk, and I was as shy as a spooked kitten. So at least I had gotten out the important bits in my inevitable nervousness speaking to such a beautiful lady.

She raised one eyebrow. “No thank you, sir.”

“Ah, okah then.” I started to walk away from her, haven’ failed my charisma check.

“Wait, sir!” She called out to me and grasped my shoulder.

I looked at her and tilted my head.

“What causes you to drink so much?”

Normally I would have shrugged off her hand and continued walking away, ignoring the fact she even existed to overcome my own shyness, but her intense look pinned me to the spot while the weight of her words compelled me to answer truthfully.

“Because this world sucks,” I said clearly and concisely. A warning bell should have went off in my head at that, but I still couldn’t think straight… only answer. “Humanity is on a suicide spiral that’s taking the planet with us, I can’t find a job and wouldn’t be able to hold one anyway due to the fact that I get sick every other week no matter the medicine I take for it and I’ve been fully expecting to die young anyway with nothing to my name besides ‘that one sickly guy who lives in the woods.’” I glared at nothing as I finished my rant.

“So you are upset at the state of the world but lack the power and ability to change it, as well as the will to see things through due to years of conditioning your body underwent; getting sick every time you tried to change until you stopped bothering.” She put an index finger on her left cheek as I stared at her with my jaw figuratively on the floor. “You grew apathetic towards your fellow man at some point because you cared to deeply and got burned over and over as well.” She tilted her head to a side. “Not exactly hero material, but you have the will to change, the courage to care, and the tenacity to not give up even in the bleakest circumstances no matter how deep you buried these traits. Otherwise you would have killed yourself by now.” She nodded her head, so sure of herself as if she said the sky was blue and water was wet.

“That’s rather harsh lady…” I manage to get out. The verbal onslaught causing me to gain some clarity through the foggy haze. “Hero?”

“Yep, hero” the P came out with an audible pop and she smiled radiantly. Literally, she was glowing in the night and I just never noticed it.

My stomach turned, a sinking feeling started to work it’s way up from my bowels.

“Er…” I took a few steps back. “Find... someone else?”

She giggled.

“No,” she said with a tone of finality.

A bright light engulfed me, signalling the last time I would ever step foot in my original world for a long time to come.

I was floating in an endless white void. My body, my flesh had long since dispersed. I was no longer constrained and held back by my meat bag prison. I felt free. Free of worry, free of sickness, free of everything I hated. I hoped I could just float here aimlessly for all of eternity.

“Now, now you can’t do that.”

Her voice rang out, echoing everywhere and nowhere.

“You need to save my world I created from a demon lord.”

Why… I rather laze about.

“Simply because I can’t directly interfere there anymore and my influence had long since waned.”

She sounded sad about that but I still didn’t understand why i should do it. Why I was needed.

“But I found a loophole in my predicament. They started summoning someone from another world to save them and so I followed where the spell would lead and found you, a man drowning his sorrows by the bottle.”

I don’t need to do that anymore as a free floating soul.

“You weren’t exactly hero material, at least not the kind my world needed so receive my blessing and be the light that banishes the darkness in the world.

You hated your poor memory, always forgetting even important things… now your memory is perfect in every way

You hated how innocent looking things could influence your thoughts and control your actions… now you can not be influenced by any sustenance or any person trying to control you.

You were afraid by the thought of dying before your time and hated your body always being afflicted with sickness...so you are now immortal and unaging. Sickness has no hold over you.

You hated your appearance and wished to change. You were happy as a child still blind to the harshness of the world, brimming with curiosity. I give you an appearance that is on par with the beauty of goddesses and the body of a child with the hope you will regain what you had lost.

You were afraid of people tampering with your soul for their own personal use, so your soul in now eternal, unchangeable and unbreakable unless you will it.”

With every word and every sentence I felt my body come into being once again and shift. I had no idea what was going on, I felt strange. I felt myself getting shorter, I heard my bones snapping into place with my muscles following it, I felt my flesh growing to cover my insides like a warm blanket. My body was feverish and hot...so very hot.

“Now it’s time to go my champion, be sure to punch the demon lord in the dick for me.”

I opened my eyes and was greeted to a change of perspective. I was holding a big for my new size leather tome under my right arm and had a nondescript leather satchel hanging under my left. I had an oversized hat on my head, it’s brim blocked out my sight. I felt amazing and strange at the same time. It was like I was used to a certain pressure all my life and then all of a sudden it was taken away. I shifted a little and pushed the brim of my hat up from my eyes.

A old man with a glorious, braided, white beard that nearly reached the floor and a balding head was staring at me with wide eyes. He had a golden crown on his head and stereotypical red kingly clothes from fantasy games. We weren’t alone, with us were bald old men wearing purple robes and holding wooden staffs with amethysts stuck inside the top of them. They looked completely winded, like a single feather landing on them would topple them over winded.

The, I suppose king quickly, composed himself and I realized with my height, my head was just barely above his waist. He cleared his throat and with a booming totally not indoor voice!

“Greeting young Hero!!!!!” The King announced. “Welcome to my kingdom, I only wished we could have greeted you when times weren’t as dire! For you see our kingdom is under siege…”

I tuned him out as he started to launch into a generic speech about being undersigned by a demonic force of evilness. I looked at my shorter arms and smaller hands that were still a bit chubby from baby fat. I sat down my dusty old tome and then pinched both of my rounded cheeks. They were baby soft and very pinchable. I knew right then and there I needed to avoid grandma’s at all costs.

Then I recalled what the goddess said in my vivid alcohol induced delusion.

You will receive beauty on par with a goddess and the body of a child…

‘Son of a bitch,’ I thought. ‘She turned me into a little girl.’

“And so great Hero… will you save us from the demon lord or damn us to eternal damnation and suffering at his hands?” The old king finally finished, likely trying to guilt trip me into helping near the end.

I picked up my tome, put it in my convenient satchel, and stared at him directly in the eyes.

He let out a disturbing squealed and screamed, “Sooo adorable!” to my abject horror. I knew one thing here and there. I would never under any circumstances, drink again for a year at least.

...What, you expect me to swear off drinking for all eternity? Get real scrubs.

I manage to actually finish something I wrote even though it’s a short chapter! IT’S A MIRACLE! Problem is, the first part of this story is basically original content and I won’t be getting paid to write it. So we’ll see how it goes.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Shawqi, Werd Me, doomlord9 and 8 others like this.
  14. crystalwatcher

crystalwatcher Lord of The Horni

Which CYOA is this?

15. OverReactionGuy

A jump-chain compliant CYOA. I'd link it but loading too many CYOAs at once would kill my internet so unless someone else can link it for me, you'll have to wait until around 2 am or sometime around 5 am for me to link it.

-edit-

I built this character using the San's challenge, the survival kit supplement, the arena supplement, and the warehouse supplement.

16. crystalwatcher

17. OverReactionGuy

It can be used as a standalone thing, I just wanted a few things that weren't in the CYOA itself.

But it basically gives you free reign on creating your own fantasy setting or modern day magical girl one, or power rangers one or basically things like that as long as a few tropes are present.

A hero fighting a demon lord for one and that's pretty much it.

crystalwatcher likes this.
  18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

19. crystalwatcher

That actually sounds like a load of fun.

20. OverReactionGuy

The manga for it is also hilarious.

21. Threadmarks: Whimsical Adventures- chapter 1
    OverReactionGuy

Whimsical Adventures(Multiverse SI)

Chapter 1: It all started with a woman​

I was just sitting there alone in a bar. The atmosphere was joyous even though there were few people here at this time. I wasn’t drinking… well anything alcoholic. I was drinking a coke or a pepsi… all the same really. I was there alone of course. Living far away from the city and into the woods generally means a lack of social interaction and honestly? I was thankful for it.

I don’t do people.

Humans were said to be social animals, and that is correct. But me? Well, I was never comfortable around others. They literally made me sick. So why you may ask am I in a bar full of people? Mainly due to a few comments telling me that I’m practically a hermit and I should socialize with people my own age. I couldn’t really tell the person who said that to piss off either, damn familial relations.

I took a sip from my coke and leaned back. I looked at the pole tables and sighed. They were still full, so I didn’t have anything to do but sit here and mope.

It was then I notice something very odd.

A woman that looked to be in her early twenties, wearing clothes that look totally out of place in a casual bar, was sitting on the opposite side of me… staring. I stared right back. Many of time past since we just stared at each other's eyes. I took a sip of my coke and I still stared. She stole one of my french fries and still stared. It got to the point where my eyes started to burn, desperately wanting to blink.

So I did.

“Ha!” She exclaimed with a joyous voice.Like melodious bells. “You blinked.”

“So I did,” I said, refusing to let her phase me. “Who are you?”

“Randomly Omnipotent Being, R.O.B. for short.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Normally those aren’t as forthcoming.”

“True, that was a lie.” She admitted proudly with a nod to her head. “Those guys are jackasses.”

“So you're just a normal girl who just wanted to bother a stranger, huh?” I didn’t really expect an answer, I was mainly speaking to myself. Then I remembered something. “Correction, a stranger that steals other peoples french fries.”

She pouted and crossed her arms over her modest chest. “None of you are strangers to me, you all live on me anyway. “

“Huh.” I took another sip of my coke and emptied it.

“Really, that’s your reaction?” She asked incredulously and then muttered. “How dull.”

I shrugged.

“Well, you’re too old to be a chuunibou but I heard it may be popular again.”

She blinked and then smiled as if she figured out a mystery.

“You don’t believe me.”

“Belief or not, I don’t really care.”

I really didn’t. ROB’s, gods, demons, they were all powered by belief. If you didn’t believe in them? Well, they couldn’t do shit to you… unless you’re a salary man, which I wasn’t.

“Hmmm,” she hmmed and held her chin between her index finger and thumb. “Ah.”

She reached out and touched to wooden table. A flower bloomed from it, a yellow one that sorta looked star-shaped. I wasn’t interested in flowers. But that simple action just dictated how the rest of the conversation would go.

I sighed.

“So, when am I leaving and what will my family know?”

She looked perplexed.

“Why do you think you’re leaving anywhere?”

“I know how this goes, you show up, I get popped to a new reality and then I’m supposed to curse you even though you’ve given me amazing powers that are generally OCP for the world I’m sent to.” I rubbed the back of my head. She looked rather bemused. “Unless you just want to be worshiped or something due to everyone losing faith…”

“Nope, none of that… though some incarnations of me may be mighty bitches, just having humans and animals live off me is enough worship.”

“Okay then… so why are you talking to me of all people?”

“Simply because your soul is amusing,” she said humming a little and start kicking her feet in the air like a bored child. “It’s a remnant from the times where fantasy was a reality on this planet before everything was wiped out and then restarted.”

“Eh….” I said, trying not to show my interest in that little bomb drop. “So what’s it like?”

“The complete opposite of you right now; strong, proud, joyful, cheery…” She tilted her head to the side and smiled. “But that’s not your fault, the world doesn’t support your kind of soul anymore.”

“What soul did I get?” I was too curious not to ask, I wasn’t even offended by any perceived insults. Come on, it’s not everyday you get to find out what your soul is.

“One of the most adorable creatures ever to grace this planet!” She exclaimed, pointing towards the sky as she stood up on her seat. Everyone happily ignored her.

“...” I was speechless.

I shook my head. “Adorable isn’t something I would ever associate with me.”

She shrugged and sat back down.

“Not my fault.”

I raised my eyebrow again.

“Not directly my fault.”

I nodded my head and went to take a sip of my coke and realized it was empty. Before I could call someone to get a refill the self proclaimed goddess handed me a coke with an innocent looking smile. One of those old looking cokes that looked like they were in beer bottles.

“Thanks,” I said and popped open the cap. I took a sip and her smile widened.

Shit.

“I thought you said you wouldn’t…” I started to wobble back and forth, my head felt fuzzy.

She moved a hand up over her eye and bowed her head a little. “Sorry, but seriously… your soul was too adorable to pass up this chance.”

My consciousness started to fade out, everything was getting dark.

“Besides you humans have a saying, ‘When in doubt, be a dragon.’”

Before my mind full faded to black, in the haze I managed to think one thing and one thing only.

I rather be a cat girl.

…​

I woke up to a clear sky on a sunny day. Not a cloud in sight. The wind was rushing past me, and I looked down. The first thing I noticed was a big ass tree. Like shit, that thing must have been hundreds of years old. The second thing I noticed was well… I was falling down like a brick. Panicking I flailed around to try and slow my descent. There were many building around and the ground looked like cement. I had no idea if that would hurt more than it would if it was regular dirt, or otherwise.

The ground came closer and closer and I grew more desperate with each passing second. I closed my eyes as I was about to hit the ground, bracing myself for the impact. An impacted that never came. Hesitatingly I opened my eyes and then blinked. I blinked again as I couldn’t believe it. I was floating!

Cool.

I then proceeded to look to the side where there was a convenient window to show me my reflection. I proudly stood at the size of a small dog, I was covered in fur as white as pure snow, and I had little insect wings that sparkled in the sunlight on my body that was otherwise shaped like a mini western dragon.

I looked absolutely fucking adorable… and I hated every second of it! I also apparently produced glitter as I hovered. So not only I was adorable, I was probably the most evil thing in existence. Joy. I sighed and brought my face to meet my tiny paw maybe clawlike hand thing. I had no idea what the proper terminology is for it.

“Whoa!” A girl’s voice exclaimed behind me. I took my head off of my palm and turned my neck towards her.

It was a girl with dark green hair wearing a uniform of an academy or something as was my guess. I immediately filed her as strange due to her hair and the fact she was looking at me with eyes that I swear were sparkling.

Though that might have been the glitter I was producing.

“Yo,” I said all cool like and fully turned to face her.

“Are you a mascot for a magical girl?” She asked completely serious.

I sincerely hoped I wasn’t.

“Nope, I in fact do not exist.” I waved my paw as I tried the Jedi mind trick. “You are currently dreaming...so bye.” I turned and started flying away.

“Wait!”

I stopped flying and was about to ask what now until I was suddenly in a giant bug net.

Bugger.

I flew too close to the ground but honestly I was stunned. Not because I was caught in a giant bug net, but the fact that it practically appeared out of nowhere. So that cinched it to me. I, a twenty-six year old male going on tiny dragon thing, was in fact not in Kansas anymore.

Not that I ever been there in the first place.

So I didn’t try to break free of the net as I was busy complicating the meaning of existence as the girl hummed away and skipped to where ever she was taking me. Though she took care not to be spotted by any other girls, I was thankful for that. I did not need them cooing at me. Eventually we entered some sort of dorm and I saw a ghost float by looking a bit sad until she saw me seeing her. She to looked at me with sparkles in her eyes with her hands clasped in front of her and her mouth open enough to invite flies into it… if she wasn’t incorporate.

I quickly looked away as the girl who caught me finally stopped. She opened up a door, practically slamming it on the wall and said with a boisterous voice.

“Nodoka, Yue… I caught a dragon!”

With that she took me out of the bug net that I could have flied out of at anytime and held me up to show me off. The girls were stock still, too stunned at my magnificence. One of them, a girl with what looked like a huge forehead dropped her book with her mouth agape, while the other well… I was surprised she could even see with the way the bangs were hiding her eyes.

“Yo,” I said, reverting back to my normal greeting and waving my paw.

That was when all hell broke loose and the world was engulfed into a hell dimension.

The end

…​

“So… magic is real but you’re not a magical girl mascot?” Haruna Saotome asked me as I was chowing down on a salad and drank honey. I apparently wasn’t a meat eater.

“For the last time, I’m not a magical girl mascot…” I said and added with a whisper. “I hope.”

“I heard that.”

Damn.

Meanwhile big forehead girl AKA Yue Ayase was busy massaging her brow.

“So let me get this straight...magic is real and has been for sometime.” Yue said and stared at me. “But it was hidden from the world due to what you call ‘stubborn old people’ and likely the paranoia of witch hunts… then there is in fact a pocket dimension on mars where all these ‘stubborn old people’ live, called Mudou Magus as everyone speaks Latin apparently and you are not from either this Earth or Mars but an alternate dimension because a goddess thought you’d be adorable?”

“Yep, that’s pretty much it.” I finished my salad. “There are a few other things but they aren’t important… though honestly I’m surprised a mage didn’t detect me and barged in here to erase your memories and turn me into a ferret thing… well, try to turn me into a ferret thing.”

“They would do that?” Yue asked.

“Stubborn old people.”

She sighed.

“Right, stubborn old people.”

“Soo… will you be able to teach us magic?” Haruna asked. “How about that pactio thing?”

“No, and no.” I turned my head and stared at her. “ For one, I have no idea what this world magic system is like beyond second hand knowledge, for two I’m not a lolicon.”

“You’re a dragon.” She pointed out and then before I could speak I felt something wipe my mouth. I turned and looked at the ever shy Nodoka Miyazaki.

“Thank you Nodoka.”

She blushed and looked away, likely entering maximum woobie mode.

“Anyway, yeah I’m a dragon… thing. Probably a fairy dragon or some sh...crap.” I quickly caught myself before I swore. “Anyway, a lot of the things I can do are pretty much instinctual and I bet I could turn human… in fact!”

I closed my eyes and focused, especially hard as I didn’t want to be naked in front of impressionable teenagers, and then suddenly I felt myself shift in a bright light. I stat there cross legged in my brand new body, wearing blue shorts and a simple white t shirt made out of my “scales”. I opened my eyes and saw the entire room was speechless once again.

I sighed.

“Yes I know,” I ignored the fact that my voice sounded off. “I’m twenty-six years old and probably an eyesore to.. Look… at.” I trailed off as I notice how tall everything seem and how short I was.

Eyes wide I quickly bolted to the bathroom. I floated up in order to look at myself in the mirror. A little boy stared back at me. He had soft whitish silver hair and violet doe-eyes. Skin that looked as soft and smooth as a babies with rounded pinchable cheeks. I let out a long sigh and rubbed my brow.

I was a ten year old bishounen in an all girls school filled with girls that canonically went after a nine year old boy. This shit couldn’t possibly get any worse.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door and a stern male voice called out.

“Hello, girls… you may need to head to the Dean's office as we need to talk.”

Next maybe eventual chapter preview!​

“So… is the Dean one of those ‘stubborn old guys’ you were talking about?” Haruna asked me as we walked through the hallway. I felt eyes on me like a hawk seeking its prey but everytime I turned to look, nothing was there.

“Nah, he’s pretty chill unless you threaten his students,” I reassured her.

I desperately hoped I was right as we finally made it to the Dean’s office. But I had a fall back plan if I wasn’t.

Operation: Puppy dog eyes.

This idea came from watching a funny dragon anime, looking at hybrid soul on the superpower wiki, then fairy soul and then dragon soul until eventually I saw fairy dragon. I don’t know if I will continue this or not. Still writing chapters, well struggling to write chapters, for a few other things.

22. crystalwatcher

I'd make a "You're going to hell" joke, but that'll go strange places.

23. OverReactionGuy

What is hell? Nothing but a miserable pile of secrets!

crystalwatcher likes this.
  24. Eden Eternal

Eden Eternal 「Neopolitean Enthusiast」

I really like your "Adventures of Pyroclysm Loli" snip and would truly love it if you continued this.;)

25. OverReactionGuy

I've been actually writing the next chapter. Only like 1k words in though in a chapter that would probably be 2k+.