1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

2. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Fuck, all of my hugs dude!

3. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I'll pray for you and your family.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  4. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Yikes!

I hope she gets better with no complications, Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic and Snake/Eater like this.
  5. Skitzyfrenic

Final vote for the next snip. Should be Sunday, which I know is a ways away, but will get me back on schedule. Plan Evil wins. You won't be telling Max about your crazy shadow. Puberty is you explanation to Kayden, with some smug thoughts about spurting and Jessica >.0 You won't be confirming or denying being a parahuman, though it is heavily implied. And you will be non-committal, but certain of your eventual leadership.

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 74 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.9
    [X] Plan Evil
    No. of Votes: 10
    evildice
    alethiophile
    Budda002
    GiftofLove
    john doe
    Kerfirou
    prandom
    Scottsman
    SwiftRosenthal
    theonebutcher

[X] No
    No. of Votes: 5
    Biigoh
    Drak4806
    evildice
    GiftofLove
    Selias

[X] Plan Bii
    No. of Votes: 4
    Biigoh
    1986ctcel
    Anasurimbor
    Fishyface

[X] Banked
    No. of Votes: 3
    Snake/Eater
    Biigoh
    Drak4806

[X] You are/were Theo.
    No. of Votes: 2
    Drak4806
    Selias

[X] You triggered. The sorta truth.
    -[X] "Kayden, I kind of... erm... have powers? I should have told you earlier by phone but never could work out what to say. But if you want, you could check with Father."
    Biigoh
    Drak4806

[X] Yes
    -[X] Spend 4 motes on 2nd presence excellency to buy 2 successes
    -[X] See convincing the Kayden Stunt
    Biigoh
    Drak4806

[X] Stunt : Convincing the Kayden
    Biigoh
    Drak4806

[X] Write in: "Kayden, don't you recognize me? Guess I finally had my growth spurt."
    - [X] NOT OUT LOUD: "...inside Jessica..."
    evildice
    GiftofLove

[X] You triggered. The sorta truth.
    - [X] "If it's okay with you, I don't want to talk about my trigger event."
    -- [X] Don't confirm or deny. Evade and imply. We are obviously a new cape because we don't want to talk about our trigger event.
    evildice
    GiftofLove

[X] Yes
    - [X] Write in: "It's a bit of a fixer-upper but I think I can handle it."
    -- [X] Say it with comedic false bravado. Imply ownership. Imply change. Don't commit to anything.
    evildice
    GiftofLove

[X] Plan Snake
    No. of Votes: 1
    Snake/Eater

[X] Play along, get her to do something like call Max. And confirm that you are/were Theo.
    -[X] Tease Kayden by hitting on her as a prank, she'll never know what hit her."
    --[X] "Theo never told me he had a beautiful older sister."
    ---[X] Kiss her hand like the prince you are.
    ----[X] "You can call me Nemo."

Snake/Eater

[X] It might have been Freja, or Hel, but a goddess gave you powers. (What you told Max) Sorta Truth
    -[X] It is what you are to do. Your father is Kaiser, you are the Dark Prince. It is the way of things.
    --[X] Someone has to protect the family business from being runned in to the ground.
    Snake/Eater

[X] Yes
    - [X] You shall take it over and lead it forward unto glory and heroism. You shall take your legacy and make the world look upon it with awe.
    Selias

[X] The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears gave you power.
    Selias

[X] Play along, get her to do something like call Max. And confirm that you are/were Theo
    Biigoh

Total No. of Voters: 17

tomio, Budda002, Biigoh and 2 others like this.
  6. Threadmarks: 25- Xmas with the Fam
    Skitzyfrenic

You decide that revealing your shadow has a mind of its own to your father probably wouldn't be worth it as you plop your gifts into the trunk.

He can find out on his own.

It seems to have settled back to normality anyways.

=====

You blink at the sudden hostility. Your confusion seems to give Kayden a reason to pause.

"No one told you?"

Her eyes narrow slightly. Mrs. Schmidt has left your line of sight, and Mr. Schmidt has stood and left for Aster's room. Presumably at least.

"Told me what?"

"Kayden, it's me. I can't look that different," you smile slightly and snort in disbelieving amusement. Why does Max have to be so petty about this? Just have Crusader shoot Kayden a text, for fuck's sake, "I finally had a growth spurt."

You also had a 'spurt' or two inside Jessica the previous night, but Kayden definitely doesn't need to know that.

She holds out her hand to tell you to wait a second and digs her phone out of her cleavage. You suppose her outfit had no pockets, but did she really need to carry it around like that in her own home? You put the box down, there's no reason to just continue to hold it. Kayden starts going through her text messages.

"Oh," she says, some tension leaving her body, "Max sent a text last night, I, uh, ignored it?"

Kayden has the decency to look embarrassed and your slight frustration switches from Max to Kayden as Mrs. Schmidt scurries off after her husband to retrieve him and the baby.

Kayden invites you in and your gifts are placed under the tree, and Aster is handed off to you to take care of. It isn't for long as the little one uncharacteristically begins wailing the instant she touches you.

"Powers," Mrs. Schmidt answers, giving you a decidedly heated once over, "Can have weird effects on small children. Especially if you have shaker or striker abilities. Aster doesn't like me holding her either. I can only assume its because she can feel the monster inside."

You didn't know the first bit, but you did know the second. But it could also be because 'Mrs. Schmidt' feels very forced, and small children pick up on that. Its a shame because everyone in the Empire knows how badly Mrs. Schmidt wants and loves (white) children, but is denied her own by her power.

"If it's alright with everyone, I'd like to not talk about it. It is what it is, and if Aster no longer likes me all that much, I shall endure."

You can't help it, you send a look of brotherly longing at Aster, who is once again held be Mr. Schmidt, and all of the tension is removed from Kayden. She must have expected something else to happen, or still didn't believe you were you. Or perhaps she believed there had been an even greater impact on you by your 'trigger event.'

There is a lot of little talk between yourself and the Schmidts while Kayden makes sure her Christmas lunch and dinner are on track. Eventually she comes out of the kitchen, a smudge of white sugar visible at the corner of her mouth.

Her hands settle on her hips. Kayden's face is set and determined. Its time for the most obvious question of the day.

"Theo, are you going to join the Empire?"

"It is a bit of a fixer-upper, but I think I can handle it," you counter with a smirk.

"You," your former (You can't remember if the divorce has gone through or they were still in the separation stage) step-mother sounds incredulous, "Are going to 'fix' the Empire?"

"I am a Prince, am I not? Is it not the place of the son to build and improve upon what is left by the father? Especially when that father is an emperor."

Kayden rolls her eyes.

"A prince. Sure. Listen, Theo, your father is crafty, his words are like poison honey -"

"And despite knowing that, you still fall for all of his tricks. I am a Prince, because it is so. What do Princes become, Kayden?"

Your words have left her standing, mouth agape, your admonishment has a slight build up of tears in her eyes. And it is not her who answers, but Mr. Schmidt.

"A king or emperor," he says clearly, "And it is good to see such a good attitude, Theo. Someone needs to brings the true glory of the Empire and its cause out."

He gives you a respectful nod, which you return with one that simply acknowledges his words.

"There's a bit of rot in the drywall," you say in a teasing tone, "And it could use a new coat of paint. Do you think I can get what I need at Aubuchon's?"

That gets the Schmidts chuckling, but Kayden still looks a bit upset, though no tears have fallen. You tap into cold-bone power, and the answer flows into you.

She had hoped that you would have joined her when you triggered and, in doing so, shown Max that she was right and he was wrong.

"It is Aster's first 'not in the hospital' christmas, so let's cheer up and be smiles for her?"

"I'll get the cookies!" Mrs. Schmidt singsongs. Which is awesome. Her cookies are so good that you'd be willing that Kayden would cave if Mrs. Schmidt withheld them over the issue of 'the cause.'

Kayden nods, takes a deep breath, wipes her eyes, and smiles wide. She takes Aster from Mr. Schmidt and the two of them settle on the floor. And you start doling out gifts as the youngest present, capable of doing so.

What did you get for who?:

(Realistic. Possible gag gifts, but remember this is a SFW thread. Pictures are okay, just spoiler them please)

[] The Schmidts
    -[] Write in

[] Kayden
    -[] Write in

[] Aster
    - Write in

What do about Kayden?:

[] Soothe her worries. Its very expected of you to join, and you have a chance to do good with it.

[] (Possibly use power to) Convince her to come back to the Empire.
    -[] To take her previous position high in the Empire, as your secret eyes and voice
    -[] To be your asset

[] Her opinions and worth have already been seen. She would make a poor Queen-Regent, she should stay Aster's nursemaid and misguided vigilante who does the Empire's work without realizing it.

[] Write in

=====

XP Gain: 2 xp

Motes: -3

XP Purchase:
    [] Purchase
    -[] Write in

[] Bank

=====

I tried to keep TDP laughing at his 'how to deal with the Empire' answer, but I didn't expect Kayden to accept that. Thinking, like many older people, that she knew better. *shrug*

Next snip will be some warm and fuzzy, and whatever you decide about dealing with Kayden. I think I'm going to skip the 24th up to the date with Lisa, and just back fill with some telling instead of showing. We don't need to go over every conversation TDP has, right?

7. Skitzyfrenic

Note for me: Remember to ask Kayden about Amy and New Years.

8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

A whip for Kayden, perhaps?
    So that the Queen can properly whip her husband into shape :p

Twei, 1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  9. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

I'm sorry, I can't take Theo seriously at all. He sounds like the most chuunibyou motherfucker I've ever heard.

I legit laughed so hard reading that.

VitaeJack, Twei, Anondylar and 10 others like this.
  10. Skitzyfrenic

I'm sorry?

See this is what happens to me like everytime. >.< I start writing and the real life comes along and kicks me in teeth, and then I start fucking up tone and shit when I try to get back into writing.

/me goes off into the corner to hide, a dark cloud over his head.

Twei, tomio, prandom and 4 others like this.
  11. GiftofLove

Stop, imagine what you would do if Theo came up talking to you about he was a Prince and he was going to inherit an empire and be a Kingly Emperor.

You'd think he was either trying to be funny or suffering from severe chuunibyou, yeah?

(Also, conversations are fucking hard. I will never look down on someone for trying! If you feel bad about it, feel better knowing you're still one of the few people who actually try.)

VitaeJack, Twei, Anondylar and 10 others like this.
  12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Not surprising. That's basically what capes are.

VitaeJack, Twei, tomio and 8 others like this.
  13. Skitzyfrenic

I was going for metaphor and stuff. Max goes by Kaiser, which is German for 'Emperor' and the German Empire frequently had a bunch of Prinz (not sure what the plural is off the top of my head) running around and competing to be next in line, the organization is also an 'empire' so metaphor ahoy...

Mou.

Dogsigh, Twei, SerbobIV and 6 others like this.
  14. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Eh...

I would imagine that, in-universe at least, people have become very used to not laughing when a cape comes up and says something ridiculous. Because they have a tendency to the dramatic, and you never know which one of them has the ability and inclination to melt your face off.

tl;dr ridiculously dramatic lines become appropriate when you live in a ridiculously dramatic world.

Twei, tomio, kinglugia and 5 others like this.
  15. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

So? this is Theo and these are people who know him

kinglugia and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  16. Snake/Eater

There is a high chance that Kayden's apartment is being bugged by "Kaiser" or anyone else in the Empire.

17. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

How does that stop people from sniggering over Theo acting all pompous and "chuuni" in their mind?

18. GiftofLove

People don't take Mouse Protector all that seriously, do they?

Because there is Coil dramatic, and then there's MP dramatic.

prandom, kinglugia and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  19. Snake/Eater

It makes either makes Theo both a joke and a threat to the Empire

20. theonebutcher

theonebutcher Hahaha! ... Waitaminute... Oh God NO!

Yeah, the Prince stuff was really lame. It's Okay in our inner monologue, so we project the princely demeanor, but saying it out loud is stupid. How about:
    [X] Rewrite: "Yes, I'll fix up the Empire. My cape name is "The Dark Prince." Look at me, my new appearance: I am the Prince of the Empire and in the eyes of the members it is time that I start taking part, taking my first leadership roles, learn responsibility. I will become the posterboy, the rising star. And that is when the second phase of my plan starts. Kaiser will slowly and surely become 'The Prince's father' in the eyes of the members. You know that father cannot hold the loyalty of his people for long. In the end everyone hates him and his constant demonstrations of dominance. Father is unable to make a single friend... nobody is going to resist when he 'retires'."

tomio, kinglugia, Budda002 and 3 others like this.
  21. evildice

evildice (emotionally stable clown posse)

We can flatter her in one of the usual ways men flatter women: by pretending to listen to her silly little opinions.

tomio, kinglugia, Budda002 and 3 others like this.
  22. Biigoh

What did you get for who?

[X] The Schmidts
    -[X] A nice and expensive bottle of cognac.

[X] Kayden
    -[X] A white jade and white gold bracelet.

[X] Aster
    -[X] A giant teddy bear doll, that she can hug.

What do about Kayden?:
    [X] Soothe her worries. Its very expected of you to join, and you have a chance to do good with it.
    -[X] USe 2nd Presence excellency to not be so chuuni because you're still Theo, and to convince her that it's fine... and really, the best way to do things well is INSIDE the system.

tomio, 1986ctcel, prandom and 5 others like this.
  23. evildice

Yeah, one VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember about Kayden and the Schmidts is that none of them are loyal to us (yet), and even if they were loyal to us, none of them are good at keeping secrets.

Dad Vader has significant influence over all of them.

We MUST NOT let it slip that we plan to take over.

Saying vague things will be much safer. Vague things which we don't mind Max hearing verbatim.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  24. Biigoh

Hey... Not my fault the previous winning vote resulted in this....

25. evildice

Everything is your fault, you fluffy guilt-ball.

Now stop snarking and get in the hot pot.

26. Scottsman

Scottsman Know what you're doing yet?

[x] Plan Bii
    -[x] "But all this will wait until my father passes the mantle to me. I'm not so foolish or disrespectful as to seize the empire from him."
    Of course, that's a load of shit, but it lets us tell everyone what they want to hear. Kayden will know that you intend to fix problems, but you also express your desire not to challenge Max's authority, only inherit it naturally. This is hardly true, but we're very convincing. Nobody walks away 100% happy most likely, but nobody gets pissed enough to feed us our own daiklave. Besides, our talk with Max shows he knows there are problems with the empire, so your desire to make things better shouldn't bother him too much, as long as he thinks you won't pose a problem because of it.

27. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[x] Plan Bii
    -[x] "But all this will wait until my father passes the mantle to me. I'm not so foolish or disrespectful as to seize the empire from him."

28. RedOrion

RedOrion I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x] Plan Bii

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  29. GiftofLove

"No one ever is." Says Kayden with an unreadable look on her face.

cskey0, ZipLopz, 1986ctcel and 3 others like this.
  30. Snake/Eater

I want to give them something of a sentimental Value.

[X] The Schmidts
    -[X] For Missus Schmidt, a Shirley Temple doll.
    -[X] For Mister Schmidt, a replica Indiana Jones Bull whip.

[X] Kayden
    -[X] a beautiful ornate photo frame of Kayden, Asher and You.

[X] Aster
    -[X] A giant teddy bear doll, that she can hug.

What do about Kayden?:
    [X] Soothe her worries. Its very expected of you to join, and you have a chance to do good with it.
    -[X] USe 2nd Presence excellency to not be so chuuni because you're still Theo, and to convince her that it's fine... and really, the best way to do things well is INSIDE the system.

1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.