• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

I seem to be missing that part of the Errata. The scroll only seems to go to pg 42. But the Anathema program I'm running in the background right now agrees with the what you posted. But I had been planning to use and have been working from the core books, because it keeps all the information together. The White/Black Treatise(if needed), Core Book, MoEP: Abyssals.
This is the exact copy of the Errata that I have. Abyssal stuff is from 73-80, plus whatever mirror charms exist within the Solar stuff (16-23, 134-157 for Dreams of the First Age, 168-169 for Glories UCS, 170-171 for Ink Monkeys).

Since we are trying to lead a large group, I would generally favor Performance over Presence. I would prefer Firearms, but Melee is always a solid choice. Probably more appropriate for Theo too.

Or you mean the playing of INSTRUMENTS, DANCING, ACTING, and FUCKING? That's what Performance is about.

Leading a Large group requires Socialize, Bureaucracy, and if you want to be good at it... Presence. That's the plain dice pools. Charms is where you have to kill people to do stuff.

Please go take a look at the charactersheet that Bii posted earlier as that matches what you're thinking of.

This is the exact copy of the Errata that I have. Abyssal stuff is from 73-80, plus whatever mirror charms exist within the Solar stuff (16-23, 134-157 for Dreams of the First Age, 168-169 for Glories UCS, 170-171 for Ink Monkeys).

Thanks! I thought I grabbed it before, but looking through my pdfs, what I had before what seems to be a 40pg Q&A session on clarifications and re-wordings. However, working out of plain old 2e, with some tweaks (on the Worm side, and into their conversions into Exalted terms) so it isn't a complete ROFL stomp. PDFs I have open at the moment are 2nd Core, MoEP: Abyssals, CoCD:Underworld, and The White/Black Treatise(This last one was because I was reading up viability of Occult/Necromancy for Theo/Possible future circle members and if I wanted to make it an option). And those are pretty much what I'm working out of, with the occasional trip to Shards of the Exalted Dream Modern.

[X] Plan Bii

[X] Caste:
Bureaucracy : 3
Linguistics : 1
Ride/Drive : 1
Sail/Piloting : 0
Socialize : 3
Total = 8

[X] Favored
Melee : 5 +2 if using swords
Integrity : 3
Presence : 5
Lore/Hacking : 2
Athletics : 3
Total = 14 +4 ability dots bought with bonus points

[X] Not Caste/Favored
Ranged : 1
Performance : 1
Medicine : 1
Awareness : 3
Martial Arts :
Thrown :
War :
Resistance :
Survival :
Craft :
Investigation :
Occult :
Dodge :
Larceny :
Stealth :
Total = 6

Languages
English (native), German

Specialties
Melee : Swords 2

Bonus Points Spent
Abilities 4(4 pts), Specialties 2 (1 pt), Essence 3(7 pts)

Bureaucracy is at 3 dots to represent being able to do paperwork at if not legendary... than someone who is REALLY competent when paired with the intelligence.

Socializing is affecting large groups of people, so that is that too.

Linguistics is at 1 dot, so as to be able to speak more than English. I selected German because Empire 88. Driving/Ride gets 1 dot... just so we can actually DRIVE a car.

Favored, I'm going to go with sword because you can get an essence created sword with charms as long as we get Essence 3 that is PRETTY DAMN NICE and we can mock New Wave.

And we ARE going to get Essence 3, this is not negociable as I believe ALL of the nicer charms we will want EVEN if you don't vote for Plan Bii will be Essence 3 or higher.

Integrity is at 3 dots, just so we can have some defenses against people easily swaying us to do stuff. Like Kaiser. This is also where the charms to prevent BAD TOUCH for Mind, Body and Soul is located.

Presence is at 5 because you DO want to be good at social interactions and orating, RIGHT?

Lore/Hacking is at 2 dots because... well... it's a good thing to be able to do SOME hacking.

Athletics 3 dots is to be fit and be able to do parkour, jumping about, running about. Also PERFECT fucking balance and TELEPORTATION and FLYING is located in this charm set. We'll want to get this later.

Ranged is at 1 dot so we can safely handle guns, crossbows, bow and arrows, grenade launchers, tinker tech guns...

Performace is at 1 dot so we can play some instruments, do some acting, be good at sexual stuff... just based on the attribute we'd be using on this.

Medicine is at 1 dot because... erm... basic medical care is a good skill to have.

Awareness is at 3 dots just to prevent ambushes and so we can react faster when joining battle.

Now, I've included specialty because we WANT to be good at swording people. Because the Old Man will NOT accept anything else, kay?

Will any Wormverse characters(/Endbringers/Entities) count as Essence users for Charm purposes?

Most parahumans will sorta count as Essence users, the shards themselves are the actual quantum-Essence users, but since those are jacked into their hosts in a somewhat symbiotic way, it bleeds over a bit and they count.

Thanks! I thought I grabbed it before, but looking through my pdfs, what I had before what seems to be a 40pg Q&A session on clarifications and re-wordings. However, working out of plain old 2e, with some tweaks (on the Worm side, and into their conversions into Exalted terms) so it isn't a complete ROFL stomp. PDFs I have open at the moment are 2nd Core, MoEP: Abyssals, CoCD:Underworld, and The White/Black Treatise(This last one was because I was reading up viability of Occult/Necromancy for Theo/Possible future circle members and if I wanted to make it an option). And those are pretty much what I'm working out of, with the occasional trip to Shards of the Exalted Dream Modern.
IMO, if a splat is mentioned in the Errata and included by default in Anathema, it can't be homebrew. The Ink Monkeys PDF was fan-made, but the content is official. Relevant are the 20 pages of Solar stuff (lots of which are Mirrored) and 12 pages of Abyssal stuff. In your position, I would at the very least open up that, the Errata, Lords/First Age, and Glories UCS.

(Since there's so much Exalted homebrew that's actually really good - though I don't actually know of any for Abyssals - and every GM's stance is different, it ultimately comes down to "Hey, [GM], can we use this? [link]" "[Yes/No]")

IMO, if a splat is mentioned in the Errata and included by default in Anathema, it can't be homebrew. The Ink Monkeys PDF was fan-made, but the content is official. Relevant are the 20 pages of Solar stuff (lots of which are Mirrored) and 12 pages of Abyssal stuff. In your position, I would at the very least open up that, the Errata, Lords/First Age, and Glories UCS.

(Since there's so much Exalted homebrew that's actually really good - though I don't actually know of any for Abyssals - and every GM's stance is different, it ultimately comes down to "Hey, [GM], can we use this? [link]" "[Yes/No]")

And I do agree with you(about anything in Anathema not being homebrew), but I don't have a lot of experience on this side of the table(Its my first time), so I'm trying to keep all the books I'm leafing through small in number. I'll probably open up to charms that I can find listed in Anathema's 2.5e charm cascades. But not right now.

Or you mean the playing of INSTRUMENTS, DANCING, ACTING, and FUCKING? That's what Performance is about.
Well, that and public speaking. Though that is kind of weird, because you can make a speech targeted at an organized social group with Presence + Socialize.

Regardless, I just realized how incredibly gimped Irresistible Succubus Style is in comparison to Husband Seducing Demon Dance. It can only inspire lust. While making the entirety of the E88 gay for Theo would be rather hilarious, let's just go with Presence.

Well, that and public speaking. Though that is kind of weird, because you can make a speech targeted at an organized social group with Presence + Socialize.

Regardless, I just realized how incredibly gimped Irresistible Succubus Style is in comparison to Husband Seducing Demon Dance. It can only inspire lust. While making the entirety of the E88 gay for Theo would be rather hilarious, let's just go with Presence.

This is what 1st edition Irresistable Succubus Style was like.
Cost: 8 motes
Duration: 1 scene
Type: Simple
Minimum Presence: 5
Minimum Essence: 3
Requires: Elegant Tyrant's Majesty
Effects basically boost appearance by Essence rating. Also has the Abyssal exude an aura of seduction. Anyone who behold or interacts with the abyssal needs to make a successful Temperance roll to avoid finding the Abyssal overwhelmingly desirable. They will NOT harm the exalt and will pretty much do anything to impress the exalt. No rolls needed for seduction of smitten characters.
This charm does not affect higher essence beings or Fair Folk. Also this charm can not be used during combat on opponents.

Bureaucracy requires that you KILL people to improve the bureaucracy you're in charge of, clogging up other bureaucracy doesn't require killing, but interactions. Socialize is about shaping of the Social Groups you're a part of... also involves KILLING people to do so.
Well... at least we'll be killing Nazis, so it's kind of OK?

And I do agree with you(about anything in Anathema not being homebrew), but I don't have a lot of experience on this side of the table(Its my first time), so I'm trying to keep all the books I'm leafing through small in number. I'll probably open up to charms that I can find listed in Anathema's 2.5e charm cascades. But not right now.
That's reasonable.

[X] Plan Swift

[X] Caste:
Bureaucracy : 3
Linguistics : 1
Ride/Drive : 1
Sail/Piloting : 0
Socialize : 3
Total = 8

[X] Favored
Melee : 3
War : 2
Integrity : 3
Presence : 3
Athletics : 2
Total = 13

[X] Not Caste/Favored
Ranged :
Performance : 1
Medicine : 1
Awareness : 3
Martial Arts :
Thrown :
Resistance : 1
Survival :
Craft :
Investigation :
Lore/Hacking : 1
Occult :
Dodge :
Larceny :
Stealth :
Total = 7

Languages: American English (native), German

Suggested Specialties (for bonus points)
Melee : Swords 2
Presence: Noble Demeanor 2

Compared to Plan Bii:
No bonus points necessary.
Switched Lore for War because the Empire has a shitload of mooks and we'll want the training charm. Abyssals do not have a mirror for HAM/LSC; we'll have to use our Caste ability for that, so it doesn't matter whether Lore is favored or not. I only moved one dot from Lore because our Midnight or Daybreak, should we get one, won't be able to teach without first learning Unconquered Hero's Faith.
Dropped Melee to 3 because we won't be able to purchase any E3/Melee 5 charms at chargen anyway and to save on bonus points. Same story for Presence. We lose immediate access to 11 Melee charms and 9 Presence charms, a few of which I want, but we'll have time to learn them later.
Dropped a point from Ranged for specialization purposes. If someone is too far away, we can use that Athletics skill and close the distance.
Gave Resistance a point because I'm eyeing the Resplendent Shadow Blade / Inauspicious Inner Aegis BLACK KNIGHT synergy and want to save on training time in the future.

"Acting noble" for the suggested specialty can be interpreted in so many different ways. That's 100% intentional.

Investigation would be really great and it has some really good charms for non-lethal social-fu, but we just don't have the points.

Last edited:
Switched Lore for War because the Empire has a shitload of mooks and we'll want the training charm. Abyssals do not have a mirror for HAM/LSC; we'll have to use our Caste ability for that, so it doesn't matter whether Lore is
But Abyssal Lore has a lot of awesome charms in return, like Dream-Slaying Defense, which negates all nearby shaping effects. It's great for stopping pesky regenerators or Breakers, to say nothing of the cruel helplessness it will inflict on most Shakers.

Then there are the vampire essence transfer charms, which unlike the Solar ones are actually useful, because they give you the essence. Our loyal parahumans (or defeated foes) are now essence batteries. Will-Feasting Onslaught means never running out of Willpower ever. Virtue-Devouring Hunger means we can even steal virtue channels, which are otherwise relatively limited.

But Abyssal Lore has a lot of awesome charms in return, like Dream-Slaying Defense, which negates all nearby shaping effects. It's great for stopping pesky regenerators or Breakers, to say nothing of the cruel helplessness it will inflict on most Shakers.

Then there are the vampire essence transfer charms, which unlike the Solar ones are actually useful, because they give you the essence. Our loyal parahumans (or defeated foes) are now essence batteries. Will-Feasting Onslaught means never running out of Willpower ever. Virtue-Devouring Hunger means we can even steal virtue channels, which are otherwise relatively limited.
That depends on how (or even if) often Skitzy assigns the shaping tag to parahumans. If Earth Bet 'shaping' is limited to badtouch effects, we'll want Undying Stagnation Defense. Otherwise, a few extra XP isn't going to kill us.

I'll grant that, but nothing in the EDT branch is particularly expensive. For the three charms you named, it's only 5 extra training days and 6 extra XP when un-favored. Dream-Slaying Defense is similarly inexpensive and we can learn Essence Engorgement Technique through Bureaucracy if it comes down to it.

No bonus points necessary.
Switched Lore for War because the Empire has a shitload of mooks and we'll want the training charm. Abyssals do not have a mirror for HAM/LSC; we'll have to use our Caste ability for that, so it doesn't matter whether Lore is favored or not. I only moved one dot from Lore because our Midnight or Daybreak, should we get one, won't be able to teach without first learning Unconquered Hero's Faith.
Dropped Melee to 4 because we won't be able to purchase any E3/Melee 5 charms at chargen anyway. Same story for Presence and Athletics. The only charms we lose immediate access to are Eye of the Tempest, Death Well-Remembered, Time-Scything Technique, and Soul-Cleaving Wound (Melee); Corpse-Might Surge, Falling Scythe Attack, and Crouching Gargoyle Stance (Athletics); and five Presence charms deeper in the tree.
Dropped a point from Ranged for specialization purposes. If someone is too far away, we can use that Athletics skill and close the distance.
"Acting noble" for the specialty can be interpreted in so many different ways. That's 100% intentional.

Investigation would be really great and it has some really good charms for non-lethal social-fu, but we just don't have the points.

And I have found the 2.5 errata. For future exalted quests, I may use it, but not this one.

Hahahaha... that's a lie.

I'm sorry, but remember the NO ERRATA rule?

You can't go over 3 dots in ABILITY, and you don't get Free Specialties.

That depends on how (or even if) often Skitzy assigns the shaping tag to parahumans. If Earth Bet 'shaping' is limited to badtouch effects, we'll want Undying Stagnation Defense. Otherwise, a few extra XP isn't going to kill us.

I'll grant that, but nothing in the EDT branch is particularly expensive. For the three charms you named, it's only 5 extra training days and 6 extra XP when un-favored. Dream-Slaying Defense is similarly inexpensive and we can learn Essence Engorgement Technique through Bureaucracy if it comes down to it.

Things like Clockblocker's badtouch or Pancea's badtouch(her good touch technically counts too but as long as Theo isn't worried about the bad touch, the good touch shouldn't trip any defenses, though Theo might have to suppress any automatic defenses) do count for purposes. There are some others that aren't as readily apparent. Basically, anything that's shaping is likely to be a striker or shaker ability. Some blaster abilities. Like if Legend had a nyan-cat lazor that turns people in ducks, that would count, but a concussive laser blast wouldn't. Its going to be on a 'Skitzy's thinking about what he just wrote, or what he's going to write and has decided that its shaping.' case-by-case basis.

Dude... you just need to be willing to spend bonus points like the Bii is.

Bii's plan states that Essence 3 is gotten now... no ifs or buts about it. ^_^
But if I spend them now, I won't be able to spend them later! *hoards pile of Megalixirs that I've been slowly accummulating since my first few posts*

Also, I know I insulted you after that vote count in a really bitter way (though I don't believe I intended it to be so) but... let's not make this hostility a Thing? I don't want our arguing to turn into a casting of RTLoM.

But if I spend them now, I won't be able to spend them later! *hoards pile of Megalixirs that I've been slowly accummulating since my first few posts*

Also, I know I insulted you after that vote count in a really bitter way (though I don't believe I intended it to be so) but... let's not make this hostility a Thing? I don't want our arguing to turn into a casting of RTLoM.

Tanuki is fine... is more... your plan states that you're wanting some of the Essence 3 stuff... hence why if you want it, you should just burn the bonus points and get what you want. Because XP-wise, essence and any ability/attribute you're rising above 3 gets somewhat expensive. Charms are cheaper in comparison.

Well, Theo's motivation won't be as awesome if he's only E2. He's only going to have bang half the Empire ladies, and gain enough of his father's/the Empire's favor to really have a voice about what's going on. That's like three hot Aryan booties we'd be missing out on!

(I'm also glad you guys sorted that out. I was kinda dreading having to say something.)

At the very least it will protect us against bad touch effects and most Shaker powers, including many that Undying Stagnation Defense won't stop because they aren't direct attacks. Most notable would be Kaiser's, which is what killed us in the first place. I would rather that not happen again. I mean, we are planning on supplanting him, which he may or may not be OK with.

Hahahaha... that's a lie.

I'm sorry, but remember the NO ERRATA rule?

You can't go over 3 dots in ABILITY, and you don't get Free Specialties.
Those free specialties would have been really nice, as would the extra 3 BP.

[X} Plan Bii
It's not bad, though I'm not sure that having a STA+RES pool of 1 is exactly a great idea. At least he can't get sick. We'll want to raise that before Theo dies from drinking a glass of mead. Or a cup of tea.

Vote will be closing in 2.5 hours! So get your votes in/suggest a super awesome plan!

Current 4 for Plan Bii and 1 for Plan Swift.

Also, you won't be missing out on all that booty, necessarily, you can always hit it and quit it later. Taking over the Empire is a perfectly viable way to gain enough favor, as well. So don't be basing any e2-e3 choices off of that.

Things like Clockblocker's badtouch or Pancea's badtouch(her good touch technically counts too but as long as Theo isn't worried about the bad touch, the good touch shouldn't trip any defenses, though Theo might have to suppress any automatic defenses) do count for purposes. There are some others that aren't as readily apparent. Basically, anything that's shaping is likely to be a striker or shaker ability. Some blaster abilities. Like if Legend had a nyan-cat lazor that turns people in ducks, that would count, but a concussive laser blast wouldn't. Its going to be on a 'Skitzy's thinking about what he just wrote, or what he's going to write and has decided that its shaping.' case-by-case basis.
...Hold on.

Do Shard connections count as dematerialized spirits, for Occult charms and other purposes? Would Shadow Stalker or Legend, in their Breaker states? I may suddenly regret not putting any dots into Occult.

Hold on.

...Do Shard connections count as dematerialized spirits, for Occult charms and other purposes? Would Shadow Stalker or Legend, in their Breaker states? I may suddenly regret not putting any dots into Occult.

The connections are incredibly small, and its less being out of phase and dematerialized and more like tucked away in a special Elsewhere pocket with a mobile and open portal into the host's brain. As too SS and Legend (and Brandish) I haven't quite decided yet. What Chevalier see is a metaphorical representation of someone's shard, when his shard and the shard he sees are(or have in the past) exchanging handshake protocols.

Also, spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back