• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Vote 121: Wyvern
Thanks, as always, for voting.

Voting points this round: 1274

Announcements
Throne3d 's vote counting system is awesome.

Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories that have been taken off the list will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
Greg Veder, Conquering Hero [0] {NSFW} (Greg actually gets to be the hero and get the girl. Will be short.)
I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times.)
One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.
The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
Dinah Alcott, Ruler of the World - Exactly what it says on the tin.
EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
Force Projection - A sequel to my original fiction Number Two.
Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.
Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
Isel - Prequel to my original fiction King's Man
Parallel - A time travel story, involving Taylor's son from after Gold Morning.
Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
thyrfa - Slippery Slope is being posted alongside the regular stories. Your vote for it has been discarded.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 789
All Alone 199
Confrontation II 127
Danny & Taylor 1040
Hostage Situation 1173
I, Panacea 523
Meet the Heberts 1294
NSW 399
One More Trigger 1177
Recoil 1204
Trump Card 146
War Games 1229
Wyvern 0 (1508)

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might will be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

Then we've got a mess of choices, all over the thousand mark: Danny & Taylor, Hostage Situation, Meet the Heberts, One More Trigger, Recoil and War Games. I can't even begin to pick it.
I'm guessing Recoil up next. Just a guess, mind you :p

Check out Jim Starluck 's spreadsheet for a reasonable prediction.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth six points, second is worth five, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. The voting code will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.
6) If you vote for a story that is not on the voting list, those point(s) will go to the story that got the least number of vote points that round.
6) [current situation] I will be pruning the list.
6a) Each voting round, I will be dropping the story that has garnered the fewest vote points for that round.
6b) That story will be removed from the voting list but not abandoned; it will keep its current total of vote points.
6c) Voting for stories that are not on the voting list will not increase their vote point totals. Those votes will instead be lost.
6d) If a story reaches the top of the list with the least amount of vote points for that round, I will update it then remove it from the list.
6e) When I have a) pruned the list to an acceptable size, and b) finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 122: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1410

Announcements

Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories that have been taken off the list will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
Greg Veder, Conquering Hero [0] {NSFW} (Greg actually gets to be the hero and get the girl. Will be short.)
I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times.)
One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
Mafketel - You didn't add a value to your vote for Alea Iacta Est. I've fixed that.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 921
All Alone 241
Confrontation II 196
Danny & Taylor 1095
Hostage Situation 1258
I, Panacea 712
Meet the Heberts 1355
NSW 480
One More Trigger 1265
Recoil 0 (1398)
Trump Card 297
War Games 1340
Wyvern 152

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might will be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

I'm guessing Recoil up next. Just a guess, mind you :p

Well, that guess turned out okay. As for the next one .. I'm gonna pick War Games over Meet the Heberts. It will all depend on whether people want to read sexy funtimes or sci-fi funtimes.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. The voting code will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.
6) If you vote for a story that is not on the voting list, those point(s) will go to the story that got the least number of vote points that round.
6a) Each voting round, I will be dropping the story that has garnered the fewest vote points for that round.
6b) That story will be removed from the voting list but not abandoned; it will keep its current total of vote points.
6c) Voting for stories that are not on the voting list will not increase their vote point totals. Those votes will instead be lost.
6d) If a story reaches the top of the list with the least amount of vote points for that round, I will update it then remove it from the list.
6e) When I have a) pruned the list to an acceptable size, and b) finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 123: War Games

Voting points this round: 1277

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1052
All Alone 282
Confrontation II 247
Danny & Taylor 1155
Hostage Situation 1350
I, Panacea 893
Meet the Heberts 1414
NSW 542
One More Trigger 1336
Recoil 160
Trump Card 441
War Games 0 (1435)
Wyvern 282

Well, that guess turned out okay. As for the next one .. I'm gonna pick War Games over Meet the Heberts. It will all depend on whether people want to read sexy funtimes or sci-fi funtimes.

Well, War Games definitely came through, but only by 21 vote points. It'll be Meet the Heberts next though, unless One More Trigger or Hostage Situation manages to get up.

We shall see.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 124: Meet the Heberts

Voting points this round: 1351

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1202
All Alone 322
Confrontation II 314
Danny & Taylor 1206
Hostage Situation 1459
I, Panacea 1087
Meet the Heberts 0 (1463)
NSW 590
One More Trigger 1412
Recoil 330
Trump Card 615
War Games 89
Wyvern 416

Well, War Games definitely came through, but only by 21 vote points. It'll be Meet the Heberts next though, unless One More Trigger or Hostage Situation manages to get up.

That was ... close. One More Trigger was 51 points behind, but Hostage Situation was only four behind. Which tells me which two are up next. :p

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 125: Hostage Situation

Voting points this round: 1235

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

The Rape of Taylor Hebert [0] {NSFW} (Starts dark. Features actual rape. You have been warned. Not at all safe for work, minors or anyone else of a sensitive disposition.)

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1326
All Alone 368
Confrontation II 385
Danny & Taylor 1253
Hostage Situation 0 (1546)
I, Panacea 1261
Meet the Heberts 35
NSW 649
One More Trigger 1478
Recoil 489
Trump Card 783
War Games 158
Wyvern 546

That was ... close. One More Trigger was 51 points behind, but Hostage Situation was only four behind. Which tells me which two are up next. :p

Still looking like that. Pretty sure what I'm doing next.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 126: One More Trigger

Voting points this round: 1250

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

The Rape of Taylor Hebert [0] {NSFW} (Starts dark. Features actual rape. You have been warned. Not at all safe for work, minors or anyone else of a sensitive disposition.)

User Errors:
Bluesnowman - You need to put a hyphen between the name and the number. There is an explanation at the bottom of this post. I have put your votes in for you this time.
1oldman - You need to put a hyphen between the name and the number. There is an explanation at the bottom of this post. I have put your votes in for you this time.
Also, you spelled Alea Iacta Est wrongly.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1451
All Alone 419
Confrontation II 460
Danny & Taylor 1310
Hostage Situation 84
I, Panacea 1417
Meet the Heberts 88
NSW 713
One More Trigger 0 (1564)
Recoil 624
Trump Card 946
War Games 232
Wyvern 673

Okay, so it's One More Trigger, almost certainly followed by Alea Iacta Est, I, Panacea and Danny & Taylor - maybe even in that order :p

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 127: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1373

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
1oldman - It's Alea Iacta Est with an 'i', not an 'L'. (your vote fixed automatically).
Puidwen - It's Alea Iacta Est, not just Alea Iacta. :p I've fixed your vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1596
All Alone 475
Confrontation II 535
Danny & Taylor 1363
Hostage Situation 185
I, Panacea 0 (1609)
Meet the Heberts 135
NSW 775
One More Trigger 62
Recoil 797
Trump Card 1125
War Games 318
Wyvern 815

Slippery Slope will be posted alongside the regular chapters.

Okay, so it's I, Panacea, almost certainly followed by Alea Iacta Est. After that, who knows.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 128: Alea Iacta Est

Voting points this round: 1375

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
ilwm - 'Hostage' doesn't have an 'n' in it. I've fixed your vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1746)
All Alone 526
Confrontation II 612
Danny & Taylor 1411
Hostage Situation 277
I, Panacea 186
Meet the Heberts 184
NSW 837
One More Trigger 130
Recoil 961
Trump Card 1316
War Games 403
Wyvern 967

Okay, so it's I, Panacea, almost certainly followed by Alea Iacta Est. After that, who knows.
Pretty sure it'll be either Danny & Taylor or Trump Card. Just saying.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 129: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1306

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Malcanthet - It's Iacta, not Iecta. I've fixed your vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 121
All Alone 576
Confrontation II 701
Danny & Taylor 1455
Hostage Situation 354
I, Panacea 351
Meet the Heberts 234
NSW 895
One More Trigger 187
Recoil 1138
Trump Card 0 (1497)
War Games 487
Wyvern 1120

Pretty sure it'll be either Danny & Taylor or Trump Card. Just saying.

Well, it's Trump Card, then (unless something does a really major effort of catching up) Danny & Taylor. After that, it looks like Recoil and Wyvern.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 130: Danny and Taylor

Voting points this round: 1385

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Malcanthet - I'm HALPING is not in the voting list. Really. (I'm writing a chapter for it anyway, but you can't vote for it).
Also, I see that you've voted twice. I'm cancelling your first vote.
neersighted - You put a 5-point vote for Hostage Situation instead of 2. I've corrected that.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 243
All Alone 621
Confrontation II 797
Danny & Taylor 0 (1499)
Hostage Situation 437
I, Panacea 534
Meet the Heberts 281
NSW 951
One More Trigger 259
Recoil 1346
Trump Card 164
War Games 591
Wyvern 1281

Slippery Slope will be posted alongside the regular chapters. is currently on hiatus due to ... events. Will return at some future point. Hopefully soon.

Well, it's Danny & Taylor next After that, it looks like Recoil and Wyvern, in that order.

Also, I'll be writing a chapter (as mentioned above) for I'm HALPING! as well as Price of Blood.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 131: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1241

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 362
All Alone 655
Confrontation II 890
Danny & Taylor 37
Hostage Situation 509
I, Panacea 693
Meet the Heberts 331
NSW 1013
One More Trigger 319
Recoil 0 (1502)
Trump Card 325
War Games 685
Wyvern 1425

Slippery Slope will be posted alongside the regular chapters. is currently on hiatus due to ... events. Will return at some future point. Hopefully soon.

After that, it looks like Recoil and Wyvern, in that order.
*ding*

Following Wyvern, it'll probably be NSW.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 132: Wyvern

Voting points this round: 1117

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Virdin - It Gets Worse is not actually in the voting lineup. It's being updated via commission.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 473
All Alone 684
Confrontation II 971
Danny & Taylor 70
Hostage Situation 587
I, Panacea 832
Meet the Heberts 373
NSW 1072
One More Trigger 381
Recoil 134
Trump Card 481
War Games 763
Wyvern 0 (1540)

After that, it looks like Wyvern.
*ding*

Following Wyvern, it'll probably be NSW, then Confrontation II, then probably War Games.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 133: NSW

Voting points this round: 1103

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Puidwen - You voted for All Alone twice. Only one vote is accepted per story, sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 577
All Alone 720
Confrontation II 1056
Danny & Taylor 103
Hostage Situation 651
I, Panacea 974
Meet the Heberts 412
NSW 0 (1125)
One More Trigger 436
Recoil 267
Trump Card 621
War Games 868
Wyvern 114

Following Wyvern, it'll probably be NSW, then Confrontation II, then probably War Games.
*ding*

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 134: Confrontation II

Voting points this round: 1089

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Donkey Hote - I have no trouble with vote trading, but your comments about it on the same line messed up the votes. I've fixed them.
PathtoReading - You put four points into two different stories. I've pushed Trump Card down to one point.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 674
All Alone 744
Confrontation II 0 (1131)
Danny & Taylor 144
Hostage Situation 722
I, Panacea 1103
Meet the Heberts 465
NSW 63
One More Trigger 497
Recoil 394
Trump Card 749
War Games 975
Wyvern 228

Well, Confrontation II snuck in before I, Panacea by 30 points, woo! Next up will be I, Panacea, then ... wow, All Alone, Hostage Situation, Trump Card and War Games are all in the 700 range. This is gonna be a nastier fight than Wyvern vs Inago.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 135: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1125

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 781
All Alone 776
Confrontation II 60
Danny & Taylor 180
Hostage Situation 787
I, Panacea 0 (1234)
Meet the Heberts 507
NSW 118
One More Trigger 568
Recoil 535
Trump Card 906
War Games 1084
Wyvern 347

Next up will be probably War Games, then Trump Card.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 136: War Games

Voting points this round: 1231

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 892
All Alone 810
Confrontation II 155
Danny & Taylor 222
Hostage Situation 872
I, Panacea 150
Meet the Heberts 555
NSW 182
One More Trigger 636
Recoil 699
Trump Card 1060
War Games 0 (1178)
Wyvern 469

Next up will be probably definitely War Games, then Trump Card.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters. Specifically, Price of Blood and I'm HALPING!

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 137: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1271

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1025
All Alone 850
Confrontation II 238
Danny & Taylor 263
Hostage Situation 957
I, Panacea 304
Meet the Heberts 605
NSW 238
One More Trigger 703
Recoil 860
Trump Card 0 (1236)
War Games 98
Wyvern 596

Next up will be probably definitely Trump Card.
After that, either Alea Iacta Est, Recoil or Hostage Situation.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters. Specifically, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and either I'm HALPING! or It Gets Worse (whichever I feel like).

6a) When I have finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 138: Alea Iacta Est

Voting points this round: 1155

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
none.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1154)
All Alone 882
Confrontation II 309
Danny & Taylor 297
Hostage Situation 1036
I, Panacea 436
Meet the Heberts 650
NSW 290
One More Trigger 775
Recoil 1002
Trump Card 141
War Games 199
Wyvern 721

After that, either Alea Iacta Est, Recoil or Hostage Situation.
Welp, it's Alea Iacta Est, and I'm thinking Recoil followed by Hostage Situation after that.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters for March. Specifically, Price of Blood and either I'm HALPING! or It Gets Worse (whichever I feel like).

6a) When I have finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 139: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1085

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
TheChairIsAgainstTheWall - Another Way is not in the voting choices. Your vote has been invalidated.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 112
All Alone 911
Confrontation II 384
Danny & Taylor 330
Hostage Situation 1103
I, Panacea 561
Meet the Heberts 693
NSW 336
One More Trigger 836
Recoil 0 (1125)
Trump Card 308
War Games 284
Wyvern 840

Slippery Slope is now off hiatus. Will restart, hopefully soon.

Welp, it's Recoil, likely followed by Hostage Situation, then one of All Alone, One More Trigger, or Wyvern.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters for March. Specifically, Price of Blood and either I'm HALPING! or It Gets Worse (whichever I feel like).

6) When I have finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 140: Hostage Situation

Voting points this round: 1214

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
zadcap - you made a typo with your vote for Trump Card. I've put your vote in anyway.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 239
All Alone 948
Confrontation II 464
Danny & Taylor 364
Hostage Situation 0 (1168)
I, Panacea 701
Meet the Heberts 744
NSW 398
One More Trigger 909
Recoil 152
Trump Card 473
War Games 386
Wyvern 966

Welp, it's Hostage Situation, likely followed by one of All Alone, One More Trigger, or Wyvern.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters for March. Specifically, One Bad Day and It Gets Worse.

(One Bad Day is to be found only on this site and ff.net, due to mods' dislike of mindrape scenes.)

6) When I have finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 141: Wyvern

Voting points this round: 1139

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Obliviated fan - It Gets Worse is not on the voting round (it'll get posted anyway). You lost that vote, sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 370
All Alone 984
Confrontation II 553
Danny & Taylor 406
Hostage Situation 73
I, Panacea 824
Meet the Heberts 778
NSW 457
One More Trigger 976
Recoil 294
Trump Card 620
War Games 472
Wyvern 0 (1076)

Welp, it's Wyvern, likely followed by One More Trigger, All Alone or (possibly) I, Panacea.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters for May. Specifically, Price of Blood and It Gets Worse.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 142: One More Trigger

Voting points this round: 1233

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

Gravitas [0] (A crossover fanfic with a novel I'm in the process of writing).
How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)
Reality Intrudes [0] (A Worm/Matrix crossover fic).

User Errors:
Snake/Eater - The system only counts one vote for any one story. You lost your four-point vote, sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 505
All Alone 1023
Confrontation II 662
Danny & Taylor 439
Hostage Situation 142
I, Panacea 969
Meet the Heberts 824
NSW 521
One More Trigger 0 (1054)
Recoil 432
Trump Card 779
War Games 564
Wyvern 126

Wyvern is up. One More Trigger is on the block right now. Next story in line is probably going to be All Alone, followed by I, Panacea and ... maybe Meet the Heberts.

Also, I'll be writing two commissioned chapters for June. Specifically, Another Way and It Gets Worse (where we get to see exactly how much worse it can get for Jack Slash, and we also have a surprise guest star ...).

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 143: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1193

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)

User Errors:
The Literary Lord - Please recheck your vote format. A hyphen is needed between the name and the number, like so: {X} One More Trigger - 5 (also, square brackets, but you got that right). I've manually registered your votes, but please get it right next time? Thanks.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 626
All Alone 1056
Confrontation II 770
Danny & Taylor 470
Hostage Situation 218
I, Panacea 0 (1101)
Meet the Heberts 865
NSW 581
One More Trigger 48
Recoil 583
Trump Card 952
War Games 652
Wyvern 257

Slippery Slope is now off hiatus. Will be available for commissions.

One More Trigger is up. I, Panacea is on the block. Next story in line is probably going to be All Alone, followed by Trump Card, then maybe Meet the Heberts.

Also, I've finished off the Slaughterhouse Nine arc in It Gets Worse, and I'm working on Price of Blood. For August, my commissions will be One Bad Day and It Gets Worse, because it can always get worse. For the bad guys of course. :p

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 144: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1123

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161

User Errors:
Visual Pun - Your vote for I, Panacea was spelled I, Panacean. I've manually inserted the vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 759
All Alone 1075
Confrontation II 860
Danny & Taylor 497
Hostage Situation 281
I, Panacea 126
Meet the Heberts 897
NSW 630
One More Trigger 89
Recoil 731
Trump Card 0 (1115)
War Games 757
Wyvern 384

Slippery Slope is now off hiatus. Is available for commissions.

Welp, I thought it was going to be All Alone, but Trump Card snuck in first. Ah well, we know what's up next then. And following that ... hmm. We don't have any in the thousand range, but quite a few front-runners in the 700-800 range. As the man said just before the fifteen-car pileup, "this should be interesting".

Also, It Gets Worse is almost done! One more chapter! Woo! And Slippery Slope has started up in the commissions again.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 145: All Alone

Voting points this round: 1413

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161

Celestial Worm [0] (Crossover with Ties That Bind, a novel written by my beta reader.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times. COMPLETE)

User Errors:
Rhiannon - you didn't put in the 'II' for Confrontation II. I've manually inserted the vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 928
All Alone 0 (1104)
Confrontation II 947
Danny & Taylor 541
Hostage Situation 365
I, Panacea 297
Meet the Heberts 952
NSW 698
One More Trigger 159
Recoil 914
Trump Card 183
War Games 880
Wyvern 531

Okay, we have All Alone up and running. Next up ... I'm gonna say Recoil, then one of Alea Iacta Est, Confrontation II or Meet the Heberts.

Also, It Gets Worse is done! Woo! And Slippery Slope has started up in the commissions again.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 146: Alea Iacta Est

Voting points this round: 1068

Announcements

All Alone has been pulled from the voting round by request, for future commissioning.

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
All Alone 25

Celestial Worm [0] (Crossover with Ties That Bind, a novel written by my beta reader.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times. COMPLETE)

User Errors:
Audhumbla - The stories I'm HALPING! and The Slippery Slope are not up for general voting. Those votes have been lost. Sorry.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1042)
Confrontation II 1019
Danny & Taylor 575
Hostage Situation 427
I, Panacea 407
Meet the Heberts 998
NSW 768
One More Trigger 208
Recoil 1031
Trump Card 351
War Games 959
Wyvern 649

All Alone has been pulled from voting and is now available for commissions.

Well, Alea Iacta Est managed to sneak in front of Recoil by 11 points. Next up will be Recoil, Confrontation II then probably War Games and Meet the Heberts.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 147: Recoil

Voting points this round: 987

Announcements

All Alone has been pulled from the voting round by request, for future commissioning.

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
All Alone 25

User Errors:
Dr. Mercurious and Dragonlord7 - the story All Alone has been pulled from the voting round as of last vote. All votes put in for it will be lost.
SoaringJe - your vote for Alea Iacta Est lacked a hyphen between the vote and the number. I've put the vote in manually.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 105
Confrontation II 1098
Danny & Taylor 608
Hostage Situation 478
I, Panacea 527
Meet the Heberts 1046
NSW 828
One More Trigger 250
Recoil 0 (1119)
Trump Card 518
War Games 1037
Wyvern 765

All Alone has been pulled from voting and is now available for commissions.

Next up will be Confrontation II then probably War Games and Meet the Heberts.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Merry Christmas.

Vote 148: Confrontation II

Voting points this round: 1149

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
All Alone 25

How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] {NSFW} (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)
Prodigal Daughter [0] {Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)

User Errors:
ayleid - You neglected to put in a numerical value for your Danny & Taylor vote. I've inserted it manually.
Commander72 - Confrontation II has Roman numbering, not Arabic. I've inserted your vote manually.
Dr. Mercurious - War Games is not spelled with an 'n'. I've inserted your vote manually.

CalvinCopyright - Slippery Slope is not on the voting list. See below for the actual voting list. Your vote for that story was lost (sorry).

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 222
Confrontation II 0 (1187)
Danny & Taylor 648
Hostage Situation 543
I, Panacea 662
Meet the Heberts 1103
NSW 904
One More Trigger 310
Recoil 124
Trump Card 691
War Games 1130
Wyvern 885

Next up will probably be War Games then Meet the Heberts, then after that probably Wyvern then NSW.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 149: War Games

Voting points this round: 1206

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
All Alone 25

All Alone [0] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)
How Taylor Hebert Agreed to be a Slut [0] {NSFW} (This drops Taylor into the Slut Life CYOA.)
Prodigal Daughter [0] {Taylor isn't quite right. But that's okay. She's Jack Slash's daughter. Brockton Bay is in for ... a time.)

User Errors:
HearthBorn - You put a hyphen between the [X] and the name of the story that should not be there. I've inserted your votes manually.
jdoggy - Confrontation II needs the 'II' in there. I've inserted your vote manually.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 347
Confrontation II 82
Danny & Taylor 692
Hostage Situation 613
I, Panacea 806
Meet the Heberts 1156
NSW 979
One More Trigger 372
Recoil 265
Trump Card 860
War Games 0 (1222)
Wyvern 1034

Next up will probably be War Games then Meet the Heberts, then after that probably Wyvern then NSW.

Hmm ... now I'm thinking Wyvern might just overtake Meet the Heberts. We shall see.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 150: Meet the Heberts

Voting points this round: 1146

Announcements

MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
All Alone 25

All Alone [0] (Emma dies in the alley, so Taylor makes a new friend. Sophia Hess. But after some very bad decisions. she's all alone again. Or is she?)

User Errors: None

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 462
Confrontation II 173
Danny & Taylor 736
Hostage Situation 678
I, Panacea 938
Meet the Heberts 0 (1211)
NSW 1046
One More Trigger 437
Recoil 401
Trump Card 1020
War Games 77
Wyvern 1173

Hmm ... now I'm thinking Wyvern might just overtake Meet the Heberts. We shall see.

Wow, Meet the Heberts snuck in by a matter of 38 points. Welp, next up is Wyvern, then probably Trump Card and maybe I, Panacea before we head back to the lewds for NSW.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Back