1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Sarcasm Darko. You've been replying to my posts for months now. You know that they are 80% sarcasm. It's really hard to miss.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's kinda hard for some posts due to the fact that when I read I them they sound like you're serious.

Sarcasm is easier to distinguish when it's verbal, and seeing as this is a place where we write our replies it's a bit more difficult.

Hammerfury, Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  3. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

I am now imagining the ponies portalling into this world searching for Grayven because he tells them about this story when he gets back and Sunset Shimmer decides this is all kind of stupid and so uses magic to just pop in and rescue him from the end of time now instead of waiting for him to find his own way back, and Celestia takes out the Vampire Sun by raising it into the Source Wall.

Cuchulin, Agent Orange and Darko like this.
  4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Two question that haven't been addressed so far.

Why didn't Paul's ring's loose their charge when he got kicked to the Sheeda's future and used them to capture Melmoth?

Where is Grayven's version of Melmoth?

Cuchulin and ArKFallen like this.
  5. Agent Orange

But how does he get back the first time around? Why, the Futurama way of course! Wait out the Big Crunch, the Big Bang, the formation of Earth, all of human history until the 'Present' comes along :D It's all a big loop after all :p

He's immortal, he can take it!

"So you're telling us you spent billions of year doing nothing? You didn't even try to avert any disasters? You even caught (and stomped on) any of the butterflies before they could make a mess?"

"Hey if Steve Rogers could manage it for 80 years why couldn't I manage it for a few billion years! I didn't even get any wrinkles!"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Hammerfury, Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Paul never went to the Sheeda timeline. He went to Witch World, which seems to be another universe, or dimension, or plane, or something like that.

7. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Maybe Grayven’s power rings would have also worked during this part? Perhaps the emotional spectrum of the universe was still functioning during this time.

Alexandercctv and Agent Orange like this.
  8. Agent Orange

He kinda did. Just not as far as Grayven and Artemis. Melmoth's floating base was in future Earth's (?) orbit in the era just before Sheeda became Sheeda. Perhaps sun wasn't a vampire yet? Or perhaps it was but the station was insulated somehow.

Gilhelmi, Vaermina, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I bet he spent his time playing Battlemace 42 million and sitting in a dark corner of a room.

Alexandercctv, Ardy, DAT_NOOB and 2 others like this.
  10. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

This would imply that he not only made Battlemace 42 million just because, but that he also played it for upwards of 5 billion years, all while in a dark corner of a room that no one ever noticed he was in.

All for a joke no one would get even by the time he got back to the "present."

I am deeply amused by this thought.

11. Agent Orange

Don't be ridiculous. Bejeweled is clearly a superior time waster. :D

12. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Well, alexander Made it from Macedonia to India in 13 years so... Decades to centuries could very well be possible, especially when you don't have large gas-powered transports and are fighting in every direction against every single city on the planet.

Hammerfury and Cuchulin like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But Alexander didn't have godlike powers, an army with super powerful beasts on his side, and other such things, so renegade may have had an easier and quicker time in reaching Artemis.

Agent Orange likes this.
  14. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Alexander also didn't conquer the entire planet fighting against enemies with advanced weaponry, magic and tactics.

Hammerfury and Alexandercctv like this.
  15. Agent Orange

It's been a while since high school history class but I distinctly remember him having a Reality Marble Personal Pocket Dimension full of superpowered warriors...

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  16. Assblaster5000

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure it was the people he recruited, not a bunch of weapons. Then again, that Emiya guy does look kinda' similar...

Edit:I can not read apparently, so please ignore me. (How is this the only language I know again?)

DAT_NOOB and Agent Orange like this.
  17. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

You joke but that's LoSH's Infinite Man's origin- He went into a time machine to test his theory that time was circular.

He overshot. He witnessed the destruction and rebirth of the universe again and again and again until his mind broke and he was imbued with vast temporal energy.

Brainiac 5 used him to assassinate the Time Trapper.

18. Agent Orange

Spitting image of Roy Harper I know.

19. Assblaster5000

He is called Arsenal...

I am now terrified of the thought that someone has made this a reality.

20. Agent Orange

What? You think Shirou is a dimensionally displaced undercooked clone of Roy Harper? I've seen weirder origin stories. It would certainly explain the lack of parents and/or memories.

21. Assblaster5000

It would explain the total lack of memories before Kiritsugu found him, he hadn't been programmed with a false life yet.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm now picturing a story in which Roy has the spirit of Emiya put into him, like how Mashu has Galahad in her.

But his association with a bow was still there.

23. Assblaster5000

To be fair, there are genetic quirks that can signify inborn talent within particular fields, so that plus magic doing magic things means that Emiya could get pretty good with a bow by pure chance. I also never said that he didn't have skills implanted, just not a false life.

I hate that this joke is starting to make more and more sense.

IsActuallyBatman and iamnuff like this.
  24. Agent Orange

But Roy from YJ Abridged. So Emiya can choose not to cooperate when Roy decides to start executing villains via headshots. Just to further the Mash/Galahad resemblance.

Assblaster5000 likes this.
  25. Assblaster5000

Depends on where in Emiya's timeline we are, if it's later down the line then he could be a bit less vehemently opposed. Still wouldn't be happy though.

26. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean, this is just a kind of standard superhero thing it's assumed they can deal with.

Superman had that one issue where him and Diana were pulled away to fight Ragnarok, which IIRC, they spent long enough doing that he was having trouble remembering what Lois looked like (though, being Clark, he stayed faithful, even though Wonder Woman was more of the 'what happens in Asgard...' school of thought)... and then he came back, and it was basically just "Hey, another day at the office."

You wonder if there's some sort of support group for heroes who've gone through this kind of thing.

That's always been a mild peeve of mine, that a Superman/Black Mercy or Picard/The Inner Light kind of experience is the sort of thing that should stick with you for a while, rather than being back to normal by the next episode.

Cuchulin, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  27. Agent Orange

Ah, but you risk losing readers if the character changes in any significant way. Comics/tv shows must be sold after all! Hence the snap back effect. Nah, I'm sure some time shenanigans will happen (like when the 'Mandated' arc was done and OL just woke up none the wiser) and Arty will just blink, stand up from the hot tub time machine, and carry on with her day while only vaguely remembering having some kind of adventure involving the Big Gray and a bunch of Drow and ... beetle wristwatches for some reason - but she'll be unable to recall any details. Oh well, if she can't remember it, it must not have been all that important. They stopped yet another alien invasion and that's all that matters.

Simonbob and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There was a superhero therapy facility called Sanctuary in the n52 comics.

From what I remember it did not end well for the patients in it.

Hammerfury and NightmareWarden like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In what comic was this, it sounds really interesting?

Hammerfury likes this.
  30. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

You know at this point, I'm half convinced MrZoat just commented the years things and went to sleep to see what kind of reaction he could stir up without really doing all that much. A literary "frag out" if you will. Or I'm reading too much into nothing and really ought to go to sleep.

But Supreme Commander though.....