1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I bet is Doomsday.

Chojin Patriarch and Cuchulin like this.
  2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

I thought we already established that it was Nega-Plastic Man all along?

Fellow, Assblaster5000 and Darko like this.
  3. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

You're think too small friend! It's quite clearly Nega-Plastic Man, who has been corrupted by Anti-Life, received White and Black Lantern rings, reaching Enlightenment with both and housing their respective Entities, was turned into a member of The Parliament Of Fire, then a Vampire, all while disguised as a Mickey Mouse made of gravy that's then disguised as Starbreaker, Renegade, and Darkseid, in that order.

(I'm struggling to fit any more of our theories in here, feel free to chime in with you're own ideas in that front.)

caspian1a, erebus1994, Fellow and 4 others like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget his merging with Super Kami Guru.

After that he just drank the universe around him.

5. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah yes, Nega-Platics Man gave the universe a Classic.

Really feels like the kind of thing he would do.

Fellow likes this.
  6. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So let's not use someone who not even the end of the universe could kill permanently, instead let's use the evil version of a Hero instead!

What a classic!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  7. Jiro

Jiro Getting sticky.

TV tropes link about this problem

Darko likes this.
  8. QuiescentQueste

QuiescentQueste Not too sore, are you?

I hope it's ol' cave boy in the sun.

9. Agent Orange

What, like one of those scooby-doo villains with all of the masks stacked one atop the other?
    No matter how many faces masks you take off you'll never reach their real face!
    "You thought it was Darkseid but it was I, Batman!" *maniacal laughter*

edit: all jokes aside, 'Obsidian Age' shows Plastic Man surviving being disintegrated and having his molecules dispersed all over the bottom of the Atlantic for over 3000 years before getting reassembled and acting like nothing significant happened. The kicker is... He was apparently conscious the entire time. So this joke plot is actually not completely impossible.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He did apparently go insane during that time, but like Paradox from Ben 10 he eventually got bored and became sane again.

I also think he decides to spend more time with his son and left the League, so something significant happened.

IsActuallyBatman, Ngamer11 and Fellow like this.
  11. Threadmarks: Summer's End (part 17)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Where We
    Stood

If I close my eyes and listen, I can hear it.

Not the generators themselves. Those are near-silent, and even with my ability to feel exotic effects I only really notice them when they're close by. Not the greater illumination. Even those poor unfortunates with electrosensitivity wouldn't feel anything from the super-efficiently shielded living lights parasitising on the city's blood network. Not the giant aerial box jellyfish who lift the mists up from ground level so that the lines of sight are a little more sensible, nor the growing planetary nervous system we're building to improve data transmission.

No. What I hear is civilisation. Growing civilisation. Strong civilisation. Growing, vibrant, peaceful civilisation. One that doesn't need my constant input to remain so. In a universe burned down to nothing, Artemis and I have surpassed Red Son Superman.

And so my unrest grows as progress slows.

And from the way Artemis is looking at me, she knows where my thoughts are heading.

"We can go whenever you want."

I nod slowly. "What can I say? I'm a completionist."

With improved lines of sight, our ability to travel via rainbow bridge has expanded hugely. And with clear vision granted by the eyes of new generations of space-dwelling Sheeda creatures, getting into space is easy.

If only there were somewhere to go. If only it was this simple back in the past.

But she's right and she knows it and she's already heading for the balcony and notching an arrow. It could be because our souls are responding to one another, but equally we've been together for a… Long time in the ongoing 'now' of Sheeda civilisation. A burst of rainbow light, then she stows her bow and… Offers me her right hand with a mock-condescending smirk.

I roll my eyes, and take it.

Even reducing military expenditure to next to nothing, we don't have anything like enough biological material to support a space elevator. We could just about make one by devoting almost all Sheeda biomass into it -including the humanoid Sheeda population- but that would rather defeat the object.

It would also weaken me, and since I'm the point man in this exercise that rather takes precedence.

I take Artemis's proffered hand and we walk across the rainbow bridge into the sky, emerging in the space-based vat station which has been creating our solar probes and has nearly completed our sun diver. Vat Masters and functionaries turn and bow in our direction, and we give them a polite nod of dismissal to return them to their duties.

"I guess…"

I raise my eyebrows. "What?"

"We're nearly done, aren't we?"

"It was just a matter of time once the war finished."

She tilts her head back slightly, staring at nothing.

"Gotham Academy."

"I can lend you the g-gnomes if you need to swot up on things."

"No… It's not that. I'm not.. sure… How to go back to it." She shakes her head and then looks up to me, shrugging. "School. And.. not-."

I smile, nodding. "Not being queen."

"It's not that being queen's been.. super-great, but I've kinda gotten used to it."

"You don't have to go back. Depending on what sort of time machine we end up using, you might be able to commute. Or-."

"You told your followers you wouldn't stay."

"Sure, but you didn't tell yours that. You could oversee the change from autocracy to oligarchy, and become a mere constitutional monarch."

She looks away again.

"I used to really look forward to it. I wanted to get the mission over with, and see Mom and… Tao, again. And it's not like I don't want to… I'm just… Not who I was when I left."

"That's growing up for you. Some change is inevitable. And this probably isn't the most extreme thing that could happen to you, given our careers." Hm. "Speaking of careers -and certainly not speaking of the fact that you mentioned your mother and boyfriend and not your sister- can I-?"

"I hadn't seen Jade since she started working for you. And I saw her, like, twice? Since she left home." Something occurs to her. "Did you tell her about your new girlfriend yet?"

"No. I don't really think she's a pony person."

"Actually, Dad did take us riding a couple of times."

"In Gotham? Were you riding sewer crocodiles?"

"No, the mutant sewer guppies ate all of those." She takes a deep breath. "But that all depends on what sort of time machine we get a hold of."

"True." I look around at the staff. "Vat Lord, are we in position to launch solar probes?"

The woman stops pointedly ignoring our conversation and approaches, giving us a deferential nod as she does so.

"We can, now that you are here. My lord, you will need to reinforce the protective spells. My lady, if you assist us with the launch we will have the results far more swiftly."

Artemis nods. "Show us where we need to be."

The Vat Lord turns aside and beckons. Two Vat Masters approach, one bowing to me and the other to Artemis. I follow my guide over to a fairly standard looking Sheeda organic console with New God additions. Some parts of this station were salvaged from the Sheeda's last group of New God visitors, the ones who gave them the Castle Revolving in the first place. As a result it's far easier for both Artemis and I to connect to it than Sheeda organisms with ersatz rune work.

"Here, Lord."

The Vat Master steps aside and I feel all of the ways this device is a part of the civilisation Artemis and I have built. All of the people who have worked on this, and prepared the raw materials and who harvest the food that sustains them.

I lay my hands on the console as I extend my purpose through the mechanism.

"All ready here. What's the spread on what we're going to find?"

"I'm afraid that 'malevolent super powered human' is far in the lead, lord."

"You think that the progenitor of the Sheeda was human?"

"Super powers sometimes manifest with physiological oddities, lord. And humans have shown a tendency to develop unusual abilities of tremendous power."

"No super Sheeda?"

"None save those which were deliberately designed, lord."

"Anyone betting that it's me?"

"There…" She looks away. "May be some, lord."

"A Sheeda using a time loop?"

"I believe that the former king Melmoth's name was mentioned in that capacity. Of course, this is all purely speculative. It is more likely to be something none of us have considered."

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

So... Why are they acting likes it's only been a few months instead of hundreds if not thousands of years?

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wait until the civilization you helped build lasts for billions of years and you can say that.

Red Son's ideas did help that version of Lex with his rule.

If paragon gets Melmoth to help the Atlanteans with some of their magic and tech then he may get his arcane spaceships.

'tell' not told'

I know this is meant to be sarcasm, but it is highly likely that crocodiles were eaten by mutated guppies in Gotham.

'than Sheeda'

14. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

Unless this is some phrase variation that I'm just not familiar with, I would have thought it would be "point", or at least "objective".

15. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    No, when Artemis was growing up Gotham mostly had high levels of normal crime.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But now the mutants guppies are rampaging the sewers.

17. Mr Zoat

Why do you think we haven't seen Weylon Jones in this story yet?

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ohh no.

Enchantress won't have her romance with him now.

You can dislike the n52 all you like, but that romance was one of the most beautiful things in it.

When Croc became Roy's AA sponsor was also both one of the most heartwarming, and funny, things in comic history.

On a serious note I think Robin mentioned being hit by him in the face and the Danner enhancements made sure Croc broke some of his fingers.

19. Mr Zoat

And then the guppies swarmed. They smelled weakness.

20. Yomanyo

Yomanyo Getting sticky.

I'm going to play The Long odds and bet on it being Mr Banjo

21. Agent Orange

Nice dream! The only main problem with it is that all of your subjects are discount Drow. If they don't collapse back into Game of Thrones the moment it becomes apparent you're not coming back any time soon I'll eat my gasmask.

I getcha! I suffer from the same affliction :/

Oh My! All the following talk about going back to their gfs/bfs in the Past seems kinda hollow in the light of this. Or is it one of those 'What happens in Post-Apocalyptic Future stays in Post-Apocalyptic Future' kinda deals?

Why are they talking about going back like it's a done deal? I thought that nonexistence of another time machine is the whole reason they stayed in this blasted place for centuries? Planning to deal with the Vamp-Ra is nice an all but a) isn't their problem and b) doesn't automatically gets them a way home.

Worry not Arty! You live in a comicbook-inspired setting. You'll be back to who you are (a teenage super pointy stick launcher) as soon as you step back into the Present!

Nah man, that's New York!

22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Saying that because some of Red son superman idea's helped Lex, therefore, he gets to claim credit for Lexism (I think that's what it was called it's been a while since I read that comic) is like claiming Augustus gets credit for the Magna Carta because some of his (empire's) idea's influenced the country that made it.

I would mention the mass lobotomization but I'm pretty sure Grayven has done worse than that.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

But you can't deny that his ideas did help Lex with his rule.

Well he genocided the Citadelians, but they were evil, and the ones Red Son lobotomized was that evil son of Stalin and a bunch of guys who could have just been bomb throwing anarchists.

24. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

The "mass" lobotomizations were Justice Lord Superman.

Ardy and RichardWhereat like this.
  25. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

The sound of a civilisation forcibly dragged out of the gutter its' people's instincts were throwing it into? Yes, quite reassuing, I'll wager.

I wonder if the generators produce enough power to allow direct energy-matter conversion, produce more biomass to enable more people, more biotechnology... But that would probably draw the attention of the Vampire Sun...

That other shoe, still spinning in the air and hemming and hawing about it's intention to come down again, eh?

I know that feel, that drive to do everything possible in a game, even the mutually exclusive things. It's not always easy to set it aside for more important business...

Since Sheeda are more forgiving of things like stamping out opposition and rebellion... You're still stuck doing it the hard way on other worlds...

x3 Oh, my. What will Princess Luna say when she hears about this? But seriously, the best kind of friendships are forged in hard times...

It would be excessive, to put it mildly. A giant-ass railgun or launch vehicle should do the rick, especially since Artemis' technique can get a lot more distance now.

Let me guess, a pod with magical fire resistance out the wazoo? And magical sensors, because visual would be worthless inside the big ball of plasma.

There's still the matter of getting home, barring a Deus Ex Machina like Rip Hunter or someone turning up in a time-craft.

Yeah, whatever happens, there's going to be scars. She's going to have about a thousand years of memories in a teenage body... Becasue i have no doubt this will play out by Faerie rules, centuries passing in a moment... Still better than the opposite, though. That's caught out many a visitor as they crumble into dust as time catches up with them upon leaving the hidden world.

Nice try, Grayven, but I don't think jokes are gonna ease the tension.

"It all seems so petty now. Who's dating who, the latest fashions... I mean, I wasn't really into that stuff before, but now..."

Nah, this place has gotten boring now. I bet she hasn't had to shoot anybody in a week!

Or, gods forbid, she try setting up the American system. Though I suppose it'd distract all those dirty-dealing, backstabbing and mud-slinging instincts Sheeda have... :rolleyes:

Huh, no violet? Has it been that long that she's cooled off on him, or is she just tired of this shit.

Oh, wouldn't it be funny if Jade's been quietly x3 squeeing x3 over the pretty pony princess that Grayven's been seen with... And then threatening anyone who saw it with a long, painful death.

No doubt as training for operations somewhere they wouldn't be able to count on having motor vehicles, I suppose.

Hey, at least it wasn't mutant turtles! Those ones are a pain, especially the ninja ones.

The previous one's successor, or several generations removed, no doubt. It must get weird, seeing the faces of their servants constantly changing as time goes on.

Straight down to business. Things are getting serious, i see.

Ah, some of Auracles' old tech, eh? Dragged out of some old museum and grudgingly brought into working order through long, careful repairs.

Dozens of Sheeda generations, all brought together into one grand purpose. I bet that's an empowering sensation, especially for him.

Place your bets now, folks. Remember, someone's already managed to call it.

Well, it depends on how you stretch your definition of Human. DC Metas have some crazy shit going on.

As if the Queen would allow anyone power she didn't grant. If someone spontaneously developed powers in finest DC fashion, they'd likely be dead in a day.

Yeah, he's genre-savvy enough to think of that.

That'd have to be some upgrade.

And we'll be finding out soon, I hope... The blue-balls ache.

Well, things really are coming to a head soon. Unless Mr Zoat cockblocks us, we'll know what the Vampire Sun is by the end of the weekend... And I for one am looking forwards to it, if only to see what obscure, yet blatantly obvious, DC character he's managed to dig up that could be involved...:D

Could probably use a full stop, as those sentences don't exactly flow together.

That Godspeech:

26. Tembu

Tembu Trying to read here

I wish the different types of chapters were grouped coz the whiplash from swapping is real sometimes

27. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Not only him.

I remember it being implied that it was more than that, but It's been a while and I don't have the screengrabs to hand so I might be misremembering.

Xmaster3000 and Ardy like this.
  28. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Would the Sheeda even survive Artemis leaving?

With bleed generators they can theoretically go on forever. But what is there to do in their pocket universe? Who or what will keep them together? They are used to infighting. And they can't expand either, to relieve pressure.

Putting them into another, younger universe would help, but that would also risk someone there stomping on them because they aren't exactly diplomats.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Maybe, but Artemis and renegade were with them for a long time so that may have taught them diplomacy, as well as set up someone to rule in their place who isn't insane or evil, and made sure they cooperate with each other more.

30. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

What is Artemis' New God flavor like, now that she has been a Sheeda-leading Archer/Queen for much longer than she has been New-Goding as an Archer-Superhero-Sidekick on 21st century Earth?