• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

That makes me want to see her suggesting a threesome and having Paul decide who their third would be, just for fun.
And then he's created a whiteboard with names just flying up there, and they talk about them as he erases them. He actually has to think before putting up Artemis, and then doesn't because she's Jade's sister. And he's still conflicted about it. Jade's just facepalming, grinning over it.

To be fair, he's probably one of the few men on Earth capable of withstanding a Kryptonian in full... Passion, outside of the Dannered tribes of Brazil.. So if she 'cooled off' after having her way with him, all the better? :oops:Definitely wanting to see how she's holding up. Maybe in the next Paragon chapter. But it looks like, for now, this little episode's done after tomorrow. Onwards to the next adventure!
We still don't know where the assassination attempt came from, but if it was Rokk Krinn, this Rokk Krinn specifically, then the rest of the conflict is likely to take place in the future.

Is this going to come up soon as Paragon finding out what the League did (aka nothing) in the canonical timeline and break down laughing? You wrote a comment saying something to that effect but I forget if it was an actual planned thing to happen in the story.
Yes, that happens right at the end.
I feel like a lot of users seem to ignore that. Peter Wynne from Earth-12 could have worked as a pairing with Zatanna maybe, though him and Barbara work too.
There isn't really any reason for Peter Wynne to have anything to do with her.

Regarding Barbara... Are we pretending that whole 'she dumped Richard to fuck Bruce, got pregnant and had an abortion' thing didn't happen?
Is there any universe where a Paul is in a relationship with a guy?
Probably?
Indeed. One of the failings of Canon YJ...
No, it's not a failing of canon, it's a failure of characters in canon. It's only a failure of canon if no one acknowledges it.
Some versions have ended up in what can be considered a post Flashpoint universe, like the Angel Paul, who ended up in the animated movies universe, which has significant animated film series and nothing else details.
Thank you, corrected.
Good point. Mr Zoat, did they just forget about that, or are they still looking into into who that could have been?
Batman's on it.

"Yeah, I think so. And hey, if we take recordings of the planar variance we can still come back." She takes in my expression. "I can come back to visit."

"I'm sure that your parents will appreciate that."

"Y-eah, that's-."
Think Dana still has a subtle thing for Paul, and to be fair if he wasn't seeing Jade maybe could consider it.

Dana is pretty hot after all.
"I'm not a member-member, though Rokk wasn't too happy about it." She shrugs as she slips the pouch into her cleav-. Br-. Clothing. She then takes a breath, then floats up a few centimetres into the air, beaming. "Great! Supergirl of the Future is back in action!"
Of course that is where she keeps them.

Regarding Barbara... Are we pretending that whole 'she dumped Richard to fuck Bruce, got pregnant and had an abortion' thing didn't happen?

Not ignoring just very confused on it. She didnt get an abortion. She had a miscarriage from doing Super work.

The confusion is from Batman Beyond where Terry tried to guess what her and Bruce's relationship is. You do not have a secret smile like that if you had a miscarriage.

Think Dana still has a subtle thing for Paul, and to be fair if he wasn't seeing Jade maybe could consider it.

Dana is pretty hot after all.

There is fan art of Orange Lantern Dana.

These episodic adventures really have no lasting consequences on the characters. Its been so long since Paul has actually had something that affected him for more than a few chapters, most of the time he is back to usual within a few chapters, and if it moves to the next arc it is instantly forgotten.
It's sort of true that it's been a while since Paul has had a notable change as a character, but I think there might have been a minor change in character mixed in with the aftermath of the fighting against the Karrakanians. I'll need to see whether I recognize a repeat of pattern in other situations before I call that actual character development though.

This story feels like generic superhero shit now. Used to be I liked to see how the world is changing in the story.

Nowadays it mostly feels like a not all that exciting comic story with blatantly unnecessary crossovers.

This multiple Supergirl shit, with one ofnthem being uber up is boring and bad. That whole 'fuck me' think had my eyes rolling so hard. Why even fucking use that shit when it doesn't matter and will never happen? It's just world bloat for some 'sexy' evil stuff that didn't happen.

I never even bother with Renegade anymore because the crossover shit from the 'DC Deadpool' equivalent ruined it for me. Who gives a shit about MLP and their magic system?

Fuck the most exciting thing to read from this story is the Paul's in other settings like wwrhammer or fallout. Something different from the dull new status quo.

Do I feel like I was almost horribly violated?" She nods. "No, I don't. I like Kara. If she'd been in her right mind and I wasn't seeing Jade, I'd be all for it." I shrug. "And if having sex with an attractive woman prevents her going on a murderous rampage, that's fine too. Though, thank you. I do appreciate your concern." I smile at her. "Good evening."
Ladies and gentlemen. Illustrated here.
The general difference of opinion between consenting adults and children, on the subject of sex.

Yes, that happens right at the end.
At the end of this episode, or the planned end for the entire story?

There isn't really any reason for Peter Wynne to have anything to do with her.

The former point was more of a hypothetical for people who want to see the SI and a Zatanna together, and that's the most ethical example I could think of. Also, I can't imagine Peter's not interested in arcanotechnological revolution, and even if his focus is on ex-villains, Zatanna's a good contact to have.
I forget at what point in the timeline things are for him, though I know it's JLU. Wonder if Peter managed to recruit Tala to his side.

For Barbara, I meant Cheetah- this version is Barbara Minerva, right?

At the end of this episode, or the planned end for the entire story

At the end of the story.

I think the final episode will involve Paul going to the camon universe.

The former point was more of a hypothetical for people who want to see the SI and a Zatanna together, and that's the most ethical example I could think of. Also, I can't imagine Peter's not interested in arcanotechnological revolution, and even if his focus is on ex-villains, Zatanna's a good contact to have.
I forget at what point in the timeline things are for him, though I know it's JLU. Wonder if Peter managed to recruit Tala to his side

An arcanotechnological revolution may not be possible for Peter.

Paul had a lot of help from Atlantis on Earth 16 when it came to spreading magic, but Atlantis in Peter's world seems to be a purely technological society, with magic being something they used in the past.

Zatanna may be knowledgeable on magic, but probably not on any level in which it can be implemented on a massive scale.

The same goes for Tala.

For Barbara, I meant Cheetah- this version is Barbara Minerva, right

Yep, it's Minerva.

All of the devices blocking interdimensional-"
I don't cringe. I don't cringe.
Has he forgotten that he can just have his ring 'translate' the generally accepted term into him preferred parlance?

and Kara gives him a smile and wave.
…seems she recovered quickly.
Or have I lost track of which Kara went evil?

"No, Paul. Kara tried to rape you."
Been a while since someone ran head-first into the 'Paul is insane by human standards' revelation.

Is Paul closer in age to Dinah Lance or Donna Troy? Because if we are restarting the shipping wars I would like to point out Donna is awesome and underutilized.

And as others have pointed out, the divergent mental patterns and reactions of enlightened Paul vs normal humans are rather fascinating to watch.

Honestly I feel that humans can't take any real philosophy like utilitarianism to it's logical extreme is because of those pesky things that make us human.

Has he forgotten that he can just have his ring 'translate' the generally accepted term into him preferred parlance?
I'm pretty sure that only happens if the person is speaking in a language the Lantern in unfamiliar with. Since Black Canary is speaking in English, it doesn't change the word.

I'm pretty sure that only happens if the person is speaking in a language the Lantern in unfamiliar with. Since Black Canary is speaking in English, it doesn't change the word.
Translation is automatic for other languages, but he is quite capable of putting in a manual edit.
Most often he uses it to make tea/coffee taste like fruit juice.

still think Kara is better then Jade, then again I think Zatana is better then jade.
Zatanna and (I think) the Kara of Earth-16 are young enough that Paul understandably feels that they're off-limits (in Kara's case, that's experiencially rather than chronologically - time spent in stasis usually doesn't count for maturity), though that will change as the story progresses. As for 'better than Jade,' who Paul thinks is preferable is always going to take precedence over who some of the readers think is better.

"No, I don't mean, 'are you mad at her?'. I mean-."

"Do I feel like I was almost horribly violated?" She nods. "No, I don't. I like Kara. If she'd been in her right mind and I wasn't seeing Jade, I'd be all for it." I shrug. "And if having sex with an attractive woman prevents her going on a murderous rampage, that's fine too. Though, thank you. I do appreciate your concern." I smile at her. "Good evening."
Yeah, I'm honestly more concerned about Kara's mental state, there, but it's reasonable that Dinah doesn't really understand Paul well enough to predict that he'd be fine.

I don't know why you all dislike Jade so much. If I was Paul she wouldn't have been my first choice *cough* Dannet Riley *cough*, but I think they work fine as a couple. We just don't see them together much because as Zoat said it doesn't affect the main story.

Is this going to come up soon as Paragon finding out what the League did (aka nothing) in the canonical timeline and break down laughing? You wrote a comment saying something to that effect but I forget if it was an actual planned thing to happen in the story.
Would you happen to know where that post is?

I don't know why you all dislike Jade so much. If I was Paul she wouldn't have been my first choice *cough* Dannet Riley *cough*, but I think they work fine as a couple. We just don't see them together much because as Zoat said it doesn't affect the main story.
I'm just glad he isn't with Quinzel. No problem with the accent on my end though.

This isn't a happy question, but…. How would you want Paul and Jade's relationship to end? It'd be at least two chapters. How should it be handled that would affect Paul in meaningful ways? No one should *want* to say "I'm going to stop reading until the chapter is done." So how would those folks, who dislike the relationship, get hooked in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back