• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Hmm... An interesting title. I get the feeling there's going to be something temporal involved here

Probably involving Nazi World Paul.

And I'm surprised Bats is looking over the dial. Then again, it's probably safer here than anywhere else on Earth, given the Light's ability to raid other secure sites

True, the Batcave is probably one of the safest places on the planet, and Batman is one id the more scientifically and technologically minded League members.

That kind of move would get them travelling through more than a few Guardian-claimed sectors. Even if their ships are sneaky, someone's going to notice and take note.

I don't know about that.

They were able to get to Earth in canon, so maybe they're allowed to travel through the universe, but can't conquer people unless they're invite.

...I won't lie, OL deserved that. Though surely you wouldn't mind having more time to spend with Talia, hmm

She is Batwoman, so he's already spending time with her.

Just don't feel comfortable unless you're on a case, huh? I'm reminded of another great detective. Admittedly, he didn't run around London dressed like a Bat... Just enjoyed some recreational drug use and fiddling with his violin

And performing weird experiments.

No-one would have faulted you for deciding to live up to your playboy persona

Some people would have.

Jason Todd meets his eventual fate

I doubt that's going to happen here, since Paul would probably get involved and find Jason and the Joker in short order.

could see OL being displeased with that kind of hypocrisy, especially after this scene...

Only if Batman is doing something he says he wants to do but doesn't really want to do.

Bruce's desires may change in the future and Paul may be fine with that.

Great update. The one exception to the theory that great fanfiction has to have shit update rates. Loved the chapter.

I really wish we could see that conversation. Can someone make an omake about this please?
Depends on whether someone writes it or not.

Wait. Do you mean, an omake of him asking Zatanna, or one of Zatanna and Kara having that talk?
That should say 'sharing'.
Thank you, corrected.
Is that meant to be 2012?
How the heck did I..?
Yeah. That's not a take that I've seen before. I mean, it's possible that we're both misreading it and Paul was using the Reach as an example, but it really looks like the story is saying that the H-Dial is made by the Reach.
Yes, in the far future as part of their metahuman research program. Not anywhere close to the present day.

Last edited:
They were able to get to Earth in canon, so maybe they're allowed to travel through the universe, but can't conquer people unless they're invite.

I'm pretty sure that's canon. Aggressive invasion will get a full GLC response. But if a planet asks to join the Reach...

After all, what's a few decades of mind control in the water between friends?

What Paul said sounded a lot like "This ship cannot sink" to me.

Also, since Batman's so self-aware and intelligent, he should know beforehand that there are things that they're never going to agree with, but that shouldn't stop their ability to work together.

He works with Superman and they don't always agree on things.

Thing is Bruce more strained relations are with friends, former friends and family. Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, Huntress, Two Face, Superman... Hush, Jason Todd...

Is why I consider Selina Kyle perfect for him, she does what she does for fun, she likes to enjoy life and she will drag Bruce to have fun too.

Even the most sane version of the Demon Head daughter was still raised by him so she has different moral values and sees the world a different way.

Bruce doesn't need someone loyal to him that won't call him out his bullshit, he need a person that thinks a lot like him that is willing to drag him into not always being Batman or the mask he puts as Bruce Wayne.

No, I don't think anyone knows about that.

They may not even have become involved yet with the Reach, though I'm betting they're the ones that are giving the Free Lancers villain tech.
Jason Goldstein, when he was posing as Rip Hunter, told Superman and OL that the Light are the ones who bring Earth to the Reach's attention.

because he like fighting

'likes'

Beryl yawns into her coffee, then takes a glug. "Not Nazis. Fascists. These ones blame aliens for everything instead of Jews, gypsies and sane people."

Though they probably hunt down sane people.

Nothing too serious, though the Hawkwoman would

Maybe remove 'the'

They didn't need to kill people any more.

Maybe 'anymore'

going to those sorts of length to hide your identity

'lengths'

Jason Goldstein, when he was posing as Rip Hunter, told Superman and OL that the Light are the ones who bring Earth to the Reach's attention.

Don't remember this but I'll check it out, thanks.

Though they may not fully believe him given his actions.

Checked it out and here's what I found.

Was.. Mister Goldstein telling the truth when he said that the Light are the ones who bring the Reach to Earth?"

"No, no, no…" He shakes his head again, clearly frustrated with us. "The Reach will come to Earth."

Be sure to keep in mind that it may be Paul that screws up the relationship.

As for the H Dial being from the future, the OG Dial has Interlac writing on it. At least in the comics.

Interlac is the lingua franca of the future of the LoSH.

There was also a storyline in which the Dial is the product of a time loop- Transported to the past 50 thousand years ago where a caveman used it, it survives to the present where Robbie reed transports it to the past where that caveman finds it. Ouroboros, the snake that eats its own tail.

As for the H Dial being from the future, the OG Dial has Interlac writing on it. At least in the comics.

Interlac is the lingua franca of the future of the LoSH

Now I'm wondering if it has any Reach writing on it and if the Reach language is Interlac.

Seeing as they created a lot of the civilizations of the United Planets in this story, it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine that these civilizations adopted their language and later on it became Interlac.

Lobo, when he shows up in the source material, speaks interlac, and uses a translator for the 'locals'. Interlac is already a common language in the current DC universe, it's just not common for humans until after a alien take over or 2.

Edit for example.

Heh. Memories too great for any mortal kind, eh? On the other hand, you would have been seeing all of humanity in all its glory and horrors. And few people can cope with the latter in its entirety.[/I]
I think you misunderstood: it wasn't the glory and horror that was the issue. It was simply a matter of literally more data than his brain has capacity to store. A hardware limitation, not a software limitation. If anything, the glory and horror probably stuck around more than "Random Joe 345325 sleeping"

Paul doesn't wear his armour full time, right? So how hard would it be to mount an orange LED and button cell battery in a transparent-tipped bullet?

Orange Lasers go through shields because the shield is transparent to the colour, orange objects don't as far as we can tell, otherwise he might have his armor or uniform poke out from the inside.

Shooting orange bullets at him is unlikely to work. I mean, if it did work you could kill him with the Fruit thrown at high enough speed.

Shooting Yellow objects at Green lanterns worked in the comics because of the yellow impurity. That isn't much of an issue these days with parallax not being contained in the central power battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back