• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

21st May 2013
21:43 MTZ
I have so many questions.

What ring does this Paul have and what happened to it?
How did he end up with Slipstream?
How was he able to communicate his name to Slipstream?
Do either the Autobots or Decepticons know about this duo?
If yes to the above, what's their relationship with both groups?
Was this Paul abducted by Krona?

Last edited:
Autochthon the Great Maker approves of these developments. The Cult of the Omnissiah is currently moving the world of Mars to your position to communicate their exact feelings on this development. The Triune wishes to broadcast these developments across the Pact Worlds and supports artistic reproductions of this relationship on the world of Aballon in no less than three museums. Yggdrasill would probably infect Slipstream with eggs that seem like viruses, but would in fact save Slipstream's life from a pre-existing defect or vulnerability in her coding (or something equally convoluted…), which encourages Slipstream to allow the next generation to survive after all.

Last edited:
21st May 2013

The tiny human female groans quietly, her eyes adjusting to the dim light of-. Wait, her hands aren't bound. She was in Knock Out's trunk, then-.

Next to her, her overweight companion rubs his head as he sits up.
Oooh, a Transformers: Prime snip? :) Right in my happy zone. And set during Plus One, a Season Three episode. Heh. Wonder what the Cybertronians would make of a Power Ring?

"What just happened?"

"I did."
And it looks like the plot is diverging fairly interestingly.

She looks-. She looks up at the twenty foot tall purple robot-. Transformer. No, she thinks as she sees the dark-purple-and-silver face on her wings. Decepticon.

Her companion glowers. "What, did you and Knock Out have a fight over who gets to hand us over to Megatron?"
A female Decepticon flyer? Hmm... Ah, the perennial Starscream retool...

"Heh. I don't work for Megatron. We're freelance peacekeeping agents. If your government will pay for our work, they can have you right back."

"'Freelance-?" He scowls. "You're a mercenary."
It sounds better than, say, 'murderhobo'. Not that I expect she's that kind of adventurer.

She makes a dismissive motion with her right hand. "Football, soccer."

"And who's 'we'?"
...Ah, and now we see where the Paul alternate comes in. I can't imagine how they met...

"Down here."

They both look down, spotting the purple jumpsuit-wearing human standing next to her left leg. He waves.
Well, it's not the most questionable fashion in 'Transformers' history. Like, say, The Witwicky's work uniform that became their default outfits in the G1 cartoon.

"I'll get in touch with General Bryce. You're worth a few tanks of energon, aren't you, Agent Fowler?"

The man frowns. "The United States government does not negotiate with terrorists."
<Awkward sideways glance at Rule 8...> For the record, Bryce is a bit of a war hawk. Think 'Thunderbolt' Ross, but focused on alien robots. Not going to jump to 'shoot first, ask questions later', but if ordered... I stand corrected, it has been a while since I've actually sat down and watched the show.

"Yes you do? And you certainly pay private security operatives. We did rescue you from Knock Out. What do you think, a couple of barrels for you and Nurse Darby?"

"The United States government has no knowledge of any 'energon'."
Says the agent working with a certain party of alien robots... :rolleyes: Ah, government work...

The robot smiles. "We'll see. I suspect that your General will be quite interested in Cybertronian technology he can just buy."

Agent Fowler hesitates. While the Autobots kept up their end of the agreements regarding technology trades, they weren't exactly open-handed, and… Well, the US army was usually happy to buy any advantage it could. There were plenty of people in government and the top brass who would find a simple monetary transaction for an immediate payoff preferable to the slow drip Prime's team gave them, regardless of prior agreements.
Of course, given humanity's history with acquired Cybertronian tech... Think 'remote-controlled Optimus Prime clone'...

The human man notices his hesitancy and smiles. "I'll go and get in touch now. Keep an eye on them, Slipstream."

The human man turns away, giving them both a quick glance at the cybernetic implants sticking out of the back of his neck. As he walks behind Slipstream to head towards the door he reaches up and-.
Interesting. A Neural Link?

And slaps her on the as-. Aft as he goes.

Both remaining humans blink in surprise, while Slipstream just glances back with an amused expression on her face. "Do that again and I might just slap you back, partner."
...Well, Paul does like the bad girls... :D

A moment later the room's door slams shut behind him, and she goes back to watching their 'guests'.

"He said it was something humans do as a sign of physical attraction." Slipstream leans in closer, left eye narrowing. "Unless he was making that up. Was he making that up? Because if he was, then he's sleep outside my cockpit tonight."
Oh, my, how... Intimate. x3 No, seriously, Cybertronian bodies are weird about that sort of thing...

Nurse Darby and Agent Fowler glance at each other.

"No." The nurse decides to field that question, fearing all too much that a question that she'd carefully been avoiding asking her son and his 'partner' was about to make itself heard. "No, it-. Certainly can be. I'm.. just a little surprised."
Hey, at least Arcee is closer to human-sized. I mean, she's still like fifteen feet tall in 'bot mode, but I'm sure that's no... impediment. :cool:
(And Rule 34 would be happy to prove you right!)

Slipsteam straightens up slightly. "Why?"

Agent Fowler raises his hands. "Oh, we're not trying to imply that you're not an attractive.. giant.. robot.. woman..?"
Oh, Primus, are we about to have the 'Cybertronian gender' discussion?

Nurse Darby shoots him an incredulous look, and he shrugs helplessly.

"I'm not a woman."
Yes, that term exclusively relates to female humans (whether born or not...) 'Transformers' fandom tends towards 'Femme' as a Cybertronian equivalent.

"And there's nothing wrong with that. But you're still.. gi-"

Nurse Darby elbows him.

"-ant-?"
Yeah, give up while you're ahead, Fowler. This is not a minefield you want to navigate.

Slipsteam stares at him for a few moments, trying to work out how to bridge the obvious gulf in comprehension. Then she puts her left hand on her hip and points at Nurse Darby with her right forefinger.

"You're a female human, right? You have an internal factory unit for making smaller copies of yourself?"

"That's… Not exactly how it works."
Close enough for Cybertronians.

Her finger move to Agent Fowler.

"And you're a male? You have a bio-data exchange injector?"
o_O Okay, that's a new euphemism, even for me...

"Ah…"

Slipstream smiles. "Don't worry, I've seen them before."
...Oh, my. [/takei]

"In… That case, yes."

"Why did you assume that I'm female?"

"Well…" Agent Fowler glances at Nurse Darby for help, but she's content to let him take the lead. "Your build, your voice, some parts of how you behave..."
Honestly, some femme Cybertronians are anything but feminine-looking. Some fans even read masculine characters as feminine...

"I have almost exactly the same build as Starscream." She frowns for a moment. "At least, the build he had last time I saw him. It's been a while." She shrugs. "We're both light frame aerial models. Seekers. I don't have any sort of internal fabricator. Very few transformers do, because we don't make more of ourselves like that. My voice? I changed my default voice-" An unpleasant, screeching, grating and far lower pitched voice issues from her mouth. "-a long time ago because I wanted something unique, and I never had any reason to change it again. It's just a setting in my vocal processor; it doesn't signify anything."
Yeah, Starscream and the various Decepticon jets get this sort of treatment a lot. Comes from them having basically been the same toy in different colours back in the original toyline...

Nurse Darby looks slightly interested. "The how do you reproduce?"

"I was built on a production line during the Quintesson occupation of Cybertron. Other than when my spark case was brought online the entire process was automated. There might be other ways; they didn't bother telling slave soldiers anything they didn't need to know."
Ah, a bit of canon welding to bring in g1 elements, eh? To wit: In many universes, the Quintessons conquered Cybertron for a time, and turned the inhabitants into a slave race modified for their intended jobs. In some, they even claim to be their creators.

Agent Fowler's eyebrows shoot up. "You're a slave?"

"I was a slave. Most Decepticons were. That was why the uprising happened." She frowns. "Didn't Prime explain that to you?"
Transformers politics is a bit more complicated than that. After an uprising disposed of the Quintessons, the Autobot faction gained control, and one not-so-bright spark began the practice of Functionism: What you were made for would be your place in life always. Some folks objected... Violently.

"The Decepticons… Were slaves-? Of the Autobots?"

"Mostly." Slipstream waves her right hand nonchalantly. "Not all Autobots owned slaves, but most of the old High Council did. And not all Decepticons were slaves. Megatron earned his freedom in the gladiator pits and I think Starscream ruled a city or something?"
And the modern Autobots, at least those seen in the series, bear very little similarity to their original political form.

"But you were a slave."

She nods.
And you can imagine the baggage involved in that...

"In Kaon, which was the first city Megatron liberated. And fighting as a Decepticon was better than being a slave. The food was much better, and we got some time to ourselves. But as the war ground Cybertron to scrap, I kind of lost my enthusiasm. Paul says that when I was freed I just traded one person giving me orders for another, and I think he's on to something. I need to be more selfish, you know? Finally find out how I want to live. Which is why I'm trading you back to your own people, rather than giving you to Megatron."
'Food' being a relative term. While Cybertronians subsist on energon in liquid or solidified forms, it can be flavoured with various chemicals, and even fermented! And that 'what do you want' idea very much suggests this Paul wears an Orange Ring...

Agent Fowler clearly needs a moment to process that, so Nurse Darby decides that now is as good a time to ask as any.

"This… Paul. He's your partner?"
But 'partner' has so many meanings amongst Cybertronians, after all...

"That's right."

"Do you mean… Romantic partner?"
Excuse you, ma'am. Getting a little nosy about their private life, aren't you? :p

"That's not exactly how it works. I told you: we don't reproduce like you do. I'm not looking for someone to provide half the schematics for my 'minicons'. We don't have the family structures that you do, because we don't need to arrange everything around propagating ourselves and guarding our mini-mes."

"So he's a work partner?"
...And somehow, I don't think she's talking entirely about the smaller Cybertonian races here... :p

"Yes, but that means more than you think it does. We don't have 'parents' or 'children'. Our strongest emotional relationships are usually with the Transformers we work with. A Transformer Team might work together for hundreds or thousands of Earth years, and get so used to each other that they can't imagine being apart. It's not really a romantic relationship in the way organics have them, but I suppose it's the nearest equivalent."

"What happened to your team?"
They were involved in a eons-long civil war... Take a guess. :(

"The last of my team died in the war, and…" She pulls back slightly. "Paul is… There."

Fowler shakes his head to clear his daze. "How does that work? I mean… Physically."
The physical rarely has much to do with it for Cybertronians...
(Unless you believe some Rule 34 stuff...)

Slipstream shrugs. "He has a cybernetic implant that makes it possible for us to engage in binary bonding."

"'Bonding' as in..?"
Yeah, 'Transformers' has had a weird history. Let's not even get into the fan stuff...

"We meld into one. Not like humans would; I don't have the components. And since we don't reproduce like that it probably doesn't have the same mental relevance to me. But it's extremely intimate and…" She smiles lasciviously. "Quite a lot of fun."

Nurse Darby shakes her head. "But if you don't have the comp-. The right parts, how does it-?"
It's all a matter of software, you know...

"I can adapt to an entirely new body form in a few seconds just by scanning a vehicle. I switch from the mental patterns needed to control my robot form to the ones needed to control my aero fighter mode in less than a second. Adapting my cognition processors to stimuli that I couldn't normally experience isn't much harder. And it's a real rush." Her eyes narrow. "Why are you so interested? Do you have an eye on someone?"

"No! No. But my son insists that he's Arcee's partner-."
Ah, the real reason pops up. Though TF:prime Arcee is a bit tentative on the whole 'partner' thing, having lost her last one rather violently at the beginning of the series.

Slipstream's eyes light up.

"Does he want the cyber surgery? I can give him a discount. Since we're friends."
Assuming Paul's Ring has any charge, he could probably do it quite safely. I wonder, could he charge it from Energon...

"No he does not want cyber surgery. He's sixteen!"

Agent Fowler looks at her sceptically. "When I was sixteen, if I'd had an opportunity to get it on with a hot alien woman who was also a cool motorbike, I'd-."
:eek: ...That is quite possibly the last thing she wants to hear right now, man.

"Thank you Agent Fowler." Nurse Darby takes a moment to calm herself. "At least that explains why Arcee was so reluctant to call him her partner. Is that..? Sort of thing common where you're from?"

"On Cybertron? A planet with no organic life? No."
Yup. No organic life at all. Even the animals were technological... 'Transformers' is weird, man.

"But when you meet other species. Does it happen a lot?"

Slipstream smile becomes more cruel.

"Bulkhead's on Prime's team, isn't he? Why don't you ask him about his old team mate Seaspray? I'm sure he could explain how it works."
...Oh, my, again! [/takei] Though... That was one of the stranger episodes of g1...

Well, this was an odd side-trek. I'm guessing OL's passage to Earth-10 is taking a little longer than we thought, eh? Also rare to see this sort of perspective too. A little more third-person omniscient narrator-y than we usually get. And while the episode this takes place in is roughly in the middle of Season Three (of three, plus a movie...) ;) those are some interesting butterflies set loose. Could be an interesting alternate to visit again someday.

Last edited:
Thank you, corrected.
Yes.
Thank you, corrected.
I have so many questions.

What ring does this Paul have and what happened to it?
No firm decision, but let's say orange for now.
How did he end up with Slipstream?
Found her floating in space in stasis lock, didn't immediately realise that she wasn't a space ship.
How was he able to communicate his name to Slipstream?
He couldn't. For most of their relationship she was calling him 'Pull'.
Do either the Autobots or Decepticons know about this duo?
The Earth-dwelling transformers are just finding out. Fleeting contact has been made with off-Earth elements of both factions.
If yes to the above, what's their relationship with both groups?
Neither group are unified enough for that question to make sense. Though they did once nearly convince Swindle to leave the Combaticons.
Was this Paul abducted by Krona?
No.
<Awkward sideways glance at Rule 8...> For the record, Bryce is a bit of a war hawk. Think 'Thunderbolt' Ross, but focused on alien robots. Not going to jump to 'shoot first, ask questions later', but if ordered...
That would be General Madison. From what I remember of his one appearence, Bryce was far more reasonable.
Of course, given humanity's history with acquired Cybertronian tech... Think 'remote-controlled Optimus Prime clone'...
Thing is... MECH were right. Transformers were stomping around Earth and MECH were the only humans who managed to fight them effectively.

Well, Paul does like the bad girls...

I think it's his inner 'good girl fixing a bad boy' side.

The genders are just reversed.

He really needs to break out of that mindset, it's going to bite him in the ass one day. And not in a good way.

Hey, at least Arcee is closer to human-sized. I mean, she's still like fifteen feet tall in 'bot mode, but I'm sure that's no... impediment. :cool:
(And Rule 34 would be happy to prove you right!)

Of course it would.

The physical rarely has much to do with it for Cybertronians...
(Unless you believe some Rule 34 stuff...)

And I'm assuming some do.

That was amazing, honestly i'm hoping we get to see more of this Transformers verse as the multiple bombs Slipstreams just dropped are likely to cause a ridiculous amount of butterfly's.

I hope Optimus explains the Autobots were just as much slaves of the High Counsel as the Decepticons.

Optimus was a librarian/archivist, and had no hope of ever pursuing another career if he wanted to.

Then in his position he was likely commanded to heavily censor any data the Counsel didn't like.

That was probably why the posts Megatron would make on their version of the internet captivated him so much.

In the beginning Optimus and Megatron were allies in their fight to free Cybertron. They only became enemies when Optimus saw Megatron's tyranny wasn't much better than the old regime.

Latest post isn't threadmarked
I hope Optimus explains the Autobots were just as much slaves of the High Counsel as the Decepticons.

Optimus was a librarian/archivist, and had no hope of ever pursuing another career if he wanted to.

Then in his position he was likely commanded to heavily censor any data the Counsel didn't like.

That was probably why the posts Megatron would make on their version of the internet captivated him so much.

In the beginning Optimus and Megatron were allies in their fight to free Cybertron. They only became enemies when Optimus saw Megatron's tyranny wasn't much better than the old regime.
There's a bit of a difference between doing a low risk job you actually quite like under the watchful eye of your demigod mentor, and being worked to death in a mine.

Also, as I remember Ratchet's retelling, Megatron and Optimus broke up after Optimus accepted the rank of Prime from the High Counsel, which he saw as a personal betrayal.

There's a bit of a difference between doing a low risk job you actually quite like under the watchful eye of your demigod mentor, and being worked to death in a mine.

Also, as I remember Ratchet's retelling, Megatron and Optimus broke up after Optimus accepted the rank of Prime from the High Counsel, which he saw as a personal betrayal.
Thank you for the response. Missed the original one.

21st May 2013

The tiny human female groans quietly, her eyes adjusting to the dim light of-. Wait, her hands aren't bound. She was in Knock Out's trunk, then-.

Next to her, her overweight companion rubs his head as he sits up.

"What just happened?"

"I did."

She looks-. She looks up at the twenty foot tall purple robot-. Transformer. No, she thinks as she sees the dark-purple-and-silver face on her wings. Decepticon.

Her companion glowers. "What, did you and Knock Out have a fight over who gets to hand us over to Megatron?"

"Heh. I don't work for Megatron. We're freelance peacekeeping agents. If your government will pay for our work, they can have you right back."

"'Freelance-?" He scowls. "You're a mercenary."

She makes a dismissive motion with her right hand. "Football, soccer."

"And who's 'we'?"

"Down here."

They both look down, spotting the purple jumpsuit-wearing human standing next to her left leg. He waves.

"I'll get in touch with General Bryce. You're worth a few tanks of energon, aren't you, Agent Fowler?"

The man frowns. "The United States government does not negotiate with terrorists."

"Yes you do? And you certainly pay private security operatives. We did rescue you from Knock Out. What do you think, a couple of barrels for you and Nurse Darby?"

"The United States government has no knowledge of any 'energon'."

The robot smiles. "We'll see. I suspect that your General will be quite interested in Cybertronian technology he can just buy."

Agent Fowler hesitates. While the Autobots kept up their end of the agreements regarding technology trades, they weren't exactly open-handed, and… Well, the US army was usually happy to buy any advantage it could. There were plenty of people in government and the top brass who would find a simple monetary transaction for an immediate payoff preferable to the slow drip Prime's team gave them, regardless of prior agreements.

The human man notices his hesitancy and smiles. "I'll go and get in touch now. Keep an eye on them, Slipstream."

The human man turns away, giving them both a quick glance at the cybernetic implants sticking out of the back of his neck. As he walks behind Slipstream to head towards the door he reaches up and-.

And slaps her on the as-. Aft as he goes.

Both remaining humans blink in surprise, while Slipstream just glances back with an amused expression on her face. "Do that again and I might just slap you back, partner."

A moment later the room's door slams shut behind him, and she goes back to watching their 'guests'.

"He said it was something humans do as a sign of physical attraction." Slipstream leans in closer, left eye narrowing. "Unless he was making that up. Was he making that up? Because if he was, then he's sleeping outside my cockpit tonight."

Nurse Darby and Agent Fowler glance at each other.

"No." The nurse decides to field that question, fearing all too much that a question that she'd carefully been avoiding asking her son and his 'partner' was about to make itself heard. "No, it-. Certainly can be. I'm.. just a little surprised."

Slipsteam straightens up slightly. "Why?"

Agent Fowler raises his hands. "Oh, we're not trying to imply that you're not an attractive.. giant.. robot.. woman..?"

Nurse Darby shoots him an incredulous look, and he shrugs helplessly.

"I'm not a woman."

"And there's nothing wrong with that. But you're still.. gi-"

Nurse Darby elbows him.

"-ant-?"

Slipsteam stares at him for a few moments, trying to work out how to bridge the obvious gulf in comprehension. Then she puts her left hand on her hip and points at Nurse Darby with her right forefinger.

"You're a female human, right? You have an internal factory unit for making smaller copies of yourself?"

"That's… Not exactly how it works."

Her finger move to Agent Fowler.

"And you're a male? You have a bio-data exchange injector?"

"Ah…"

Slipstream smiles. "Don't worry, I've seen them before."

"In… That case, yes."

"Why did you assume that I'm female?"

"Well…" Agent Fowler glances at Nurse Darby for help, but she's content to let him take the lead. "Your build, your voice, some parts of how you behave..."

"I have almost exactly the same build as Starscream." She frowns for a moment. "At least, the build he had last time I saw him. It's been a while." She shrugs. "We're both light frame aerial models. Seekers. I don't have any sort of internal fabricator. Very few transformers do, because we don't make more of ourselves like that. My voice? I changed my default voice-" An unpleasant, screeching, grating and far lower pitched voice issues from her mouth. "-a long time ago because I wanted something unique, and I never had any reason to change it again. It's just a setting in my vocal processor; it doesn't signify anything."

Nurse Darby looks slightly interested. "Then how do you reproduce?"

"I was built on a production line during the Quintesson occupation of Cybertron. Other than when my spark case was brought online the entire process was automated. There might be other ways; they didn't bother telling slave soldiers anything they didn't need to know."

Agent Fowler's eyebrows shoot up. "You're a slave?"

"I was a slave. Most Decepticons were. That was why the uprising happened." She frowns. "Didn't Prime explain that to you?"

"The Decepticons… Were slaves-? Of the Autobots?"

"Mostly." Slipstream waves her right hand nonchalantly. "Not all Autobots owned slaves, but most of the old High Council did. And not all Decepticons were slaves. Megatron earned his freedom in the gladiator pits and I think Starscream ruled a city or something?"

"But you were a slave."

She nods.

"In Kaon, which was the first city Megatron liberated. And fighting as a Decepticon was better than being a slave. The food was much better, and we got some time to ourselves. But as the war ground Cybertron to scrap, I kind of lost my enthusiasm. Paul says that when I was freed I just traded one person giving me orders for another, and I think he's on to something. I need to be more selfish, you know? Finally find out how I want to live. Which is why I'm trading you back to your own people, rather than giving you to Megatron."

Agent Fowler clearly needs a moment to process that, so Nurse Darby decides that now is as good a time to ask as any.

"This… Paul. He's your partner?"

"That's right."

"Do you mean… Romantic partner?"

"That's not exactly how it works. I told you: we don't reproduce like you do. I'm not looking for someone to provide half the schematics for my 'minicons'. We don't have the family structures that you do, because we don't need to arrange everything around propagating ourselves and guarding our mini-mes."

"So he's a work partner?"

"Yes, but that means more than you think it does. We don't have 'parents' or 'children'. Our strongest emotional relationships are usually with the Transformers we work with. A Transformer Team might work together for hundreds or thousands of Earth years, and get so used to each other that they can't imagine being apart. It's not really a romantic relationship in the way organics have them, but I suppose it's the nearest equivalent."

"What happened to your team?"

"The last of my team died in the war, and…" She pulls back slightly. "Paul is… There."

Fowler shakes his head to clear his daze. "How does that work? I mean… Physically."

Slipstream shrugs. "He has a cybernetic implant that makes it possible for us to engage in binary bonding."

"'Bonding' as in..?"

"We meld into one. Not like humans would; I don't have the components. And since we don't reproduce like that it probably doesn't have the same mental relevance to me. But it's extremely intimate and…" She smiles lasciviously. "Quite a lot of fun."

Nurse Darby shakes her head. "But if you don't have the comp-. The right parts, how does it-?"

"I can adapt to an entirely new body form in a few seconds just by scanning a vehicle. I switch from the mental patterns needed to control my robot form to the ones needed to control my aero fighter mode in less than a second. Adapting my cognition processors to stimuli that I couldn't normally experience isn't much harder. And it's a real rush." Her eyes narrow. "Why are you so interested? Do you have an eye on someone?"

"No! No. But my son insists that he's Arcee's partner-."

Slipstream's eyes light up.

"Does he want the cyber surgery? I can give him a discount. Since we're friends."

"No he does not want cyber surgery. He's sixteen!"

Agent Fowler looks at her sceptically. "When I was sixteen, if I'd had an opportunity to get it on with a hot alien woman who was also a cool motorbike, I'd-."

"Thank you Agent Fowler." Nurse Darby takes a moment to calm herself. "At least that explains why Arcee was so reluctant to call him her partner. Is that..? Sort of thing common where you're from?"

"On Cybertron? A planet with no organic life? No."

"But when you meet other species. Does it happen a lot?"

Slipstream smile becomes more cruel.

"Bulkhead's on Prime's team, isn't he? Why don't you ask him about his old team mate Seaspray? I'm sure he could explain how it works."
please I swear to god I need to know more, I know you usually don't take requests or post your Elseworlds back to back but there really aren't enough transformed fanfics out there these days at least nom that are good. so just want to ask if I could find out the background of that world

That would be General Madison. From what I remember of his one appearance, Bryce was far more reasonable.
Ah. Guess I just assumed 'superior officer not completely in the know? He must be an obstacle.' I mean, it's been a while since I've actually watched the show. Might have to remedy that...

Thing is... MECH were right. Transformers were stomping around Earth and MECH were the only humans who managed to fight them effectively.
And then they go about it by grabbing the super-villain ball hard... Including such nutty acts as wiring their dying boss (mortally wounded during the aforementioned 'Optimus clone' debacle) into the corpse of a dead Decepticon... :p I mean, it was just sitting there, after all...

Wait until you see what happens when Slipstream finds out that as a result of their bonding she can scan organics. Or when Paul gets the Apex Armour.
Sounds like a scene for the 'In Praise of Eros' thread... Likely a very loud scene...

Darko, believe me, I know. :V Oh, boy, do I ever know... Let's just say, the fandom has quite the imagination for 'uses' for all those pegs and ports the characters have, courtesy of their toy designs. :p

Darko, believe me, I know. :V Oh, boy, do I ever know... Let's just say, the fandom has quite the imagination for 'uses' for all those pegs and ports the characters have, courtesy of their toy designs

I'm getting the feeling that you belong, or used to belong, to that particular branch of the Fandom.

I think it's best if we stopped talking about this.

Is this on another thread, or threadmarked somehow? I hear that this is the second part, but don't know where the first is.

No, this is the first time we've seen a version in a Transformers universe.

Zoat forgot to threadmark the chapter and he can't do it now since he has work to do.

Oh man, I love anything Transformers, especially when it is well done and rare is the fanwork that is. I would be very interested to see where this goes.

Ah. Guess I just assumed 'superior officer not completely in the know? He must be an obstacle.' I mean, it's been a while since I've actually watched the show. Might have to remedy that...
I mean... It looked like he tried to review Agent Fowler's project without doing ANY reading first, leading to him asking why Agent Fowler thought that the source of all evil was a unicorn.
And then they go about it by grabbing the super-villain ball hard... Including such nutty acts as wiring their dying boss (mortally wounded during the aforementioned 'Optimus clone' debacle) into the corpse of a dead Decepticon... :p I mean, it was just sitting there, after all...
It still worked, and their government was still concealing the presence of aliens from the general public in a way which blew up in their faces with Darkmount.
Sounds like a scene for the 'In Praise of Eros' thread... Likely a very loud scene...
Apex Armour not so much. It just lets them date on the same scale.

I'm not up-to-date with the latest canon, has Megatron's 'rebellion' still been going on for several million years and reduced their planet to a dead husk while culling the overwhelming majority of the population?
It's a little harsh to place sole blame on Megatron. Orion Pax could have turned the High Council down, which might not have prevented the war but would have made it fairly one-sided while also ensuring that there was someone in Megatron's inner circle who actually knew how to run a peacetime society. Optimus Prime could have surrendered, since he agreed with Megatron about the core issues. If wouldn't have been hard to stack a Decepticon High Council with people Megatron would have to constantly watch, limiting his ambitions. He definitely didn't have to rip out Primus's spark and hide it, which prevented all Transformer reproduction and contributed greatly to the planet's decay and its population's starvation.

A planet doesn't get wrecked without the use of strategic weapons unless both sides are trying really hard to kill each other.

And there's no need to put rebellion in quotation marks; it was an armed uprising against the established government. That's the definition of rebellion.

Last edited:
It's a little harsh to place sole blame on Megatron.
Sole blame? No. But he is significantly more to blame than anyone else.

Orion Pax could have turned the High Council down, which might not have prevented the war but would have made it fairly on-sided while also ensuring that there was someone in Megatron's inmer circle who actually knew how to run a peacetime society. Optimus Prime could have surrendered, since he agreed with Megatron about the core issues. If wouldn't have been hard to stack a Decepticon High Council with people Megatron would have to constantly watch, limiting his ambitions.
And at any point after the initial victories Megatron could have settled for a negotiated peace, having killed all of the actual oppressors and shattered the status quo beyond recovery. Instead he decided he would accept total dominion or total destruction.

He definitely didn't have to rip out Primus's spark and hide it, which prevented all Transformer reproduction and contributed greatly to the planet's decay and its population's starvation.

A planet doesn't get wrecked without the use of strategic weapons unless both sides are trying really hard to kill each other.
Multi-million year conflict would seem to indicate they were indeed trying really hard to kill each other.

And there's no need to put rebellion in quotation marks; it was an armed uprising against the established government. That's the definition of rebellion.
It started as a rebellion. It stopped being one long before humanity evolved.

And at any point after the initial victories Megatron could have settled for a negotiated peace, having killed all of the actual oppressors and shattered the status quo beyond recovery.
Technically true, but there's a bit of a difference between expecting someone who has spent their life in peaceful study to actively persue peace and expecting an ex-slave gladiator to do it.
Instead he decided he would accept total dominion or total destruction.
What do you think that the Autobot wargoal was?
Multi-million year conflict would seem to indicate they were indeed trying really hard to kill each other.
Length doesn't necessarily mean that. It's not really clear in the cartoon how much actual fighting is still going on in places other than Earth. There didn't appear to be any ongoing conflict on Cyberton itself, for example.

And from a human point of view the lack of strategic weapons is wierd.
It started as a rebellion. It stopped being one long before humanity evolved.
No, Iacon was the Autobot seat of government. They were still hanging in there.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of TransformersPaul, or Pauls spread across the Multiverse, and that would make for an interesting season where Paragon travels the multiverse due to The Light/Trugg's shenanigans. Especially given how much the Renegade spends time with MLP characters.

Maybe something similar to Legends of Tomorrow; Paul leading a ragtag group of heroes and villains across space and time, dealing with lesser known villains who've been empowered due the Light or some other means, and meeting alternate versions of known characters.

Plus while Mr. Zoat mentioned Paragon wouldn't meet Canon Zatanna until the last episode he didn't mention not meeting anyone else, so if the next crisis event happens and Paul along with anyone from WTR were to meet their 'canon' selves he would be technically telling the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back