1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Huh, I wonder how evacuating the Earth would go. At minimum the logistics would be a headache and a half. But it does seem like Guy and Tora are holding down the fort.

I have a feeling the giant robot won't exactly stop at boom tubing in Justified. Probably will aim to attack the heart of any resistance after too long.

And look, Paul got the closest to giving his last name of any time in this entire fic!

2. Bud-E

Bud-E Stand up so I can push you down!

Sending a bunch of traumatized humans to Tamaran! That's only going to end with the Tamaranians hating humans or getting them all pregnant.

dogbertcarroll, kerleth, Ardy and 8 others like this.
  3. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Who's Selinder? Also, it's a nice surprise to get the latest part early. Is this because you need time to do something for Halloween?

kerleth, Ardy, Windona and 1 other person like this.
  4. mastermenthe

mastermenthe Mint Thistle

I find myself wondering the same thing as Paul.
    What could have been done? There were no preparations that could have been made for a full thaumospheric coup.
    Even the Spear Of Destiny would have been coopted.

...although, I suppose lacking a Sword Of The Fallen, a Dream Storm could suffice to kill Mannheim, assuming they could shove him into it.

I am afraid we might need to rely on John Constantine for this mess.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Why is he actually planning to listen to that?

Earth is a thousand times more important then the Orange Lantern corp's little war with the Reach.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

want to talk

7. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I think that's a typo for Selinda, aka Shimmer.

Xmaster3000, Mr Zoat and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Vanbers

Vanbers Well worn.

You've heard of Therapy Cats, now get ready for Therapy Cat-Aliens!

Something something joke about pussy.

Xmaster3000, Ardy, erebus1994 and 7 others like this.
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And no doubt very, very pretty, belying that danger. Such is the way of dangerous things. I'm getting the feeling she's out of sorts because she feels useless in this situation. Unsurprising, since a psychiatry degree isn't going to help free people from planet-wide mind control...

Why not just go with Harley? Marginally less of a mouthful than Har-leen, and quite a bit cuter... :confused: Then again, she's probably having enough trouble getting people to take her seriously with her accent and looks...

Gee, you'd think someone made it up to back-justify her cape name in a TV show, but they wanted to avoid the blatant 'Steve Ulysses Perhero' gag. :p

I'm guessing it comes from somewhere in Eastern Europe... I could see her family being World War II immigrants, having fled Nazis...

Heh, getting closer to being able to use his original name in story, huh?

Admittedly, you're going to have to speed-run the process, since you're on the clock. Still, better than some scenarios I've seen speed-runner go through, even without glitches.

Heh. A lot of those friends are going to be out there helping correct the situation, so no worrying about them, OL.

And that will only work if the Anti-Life hasn't taken root in the afflicted. Be a shame to spread it elsewhere.

...Maybe not in this universe, not easily. But the comics have done some crazy shit.

Unfortunately, running away won't solve the problem.

Ah, Eddie told you to piss off, did he? Shame, I thought you were starting to crack that dickhead shell...

And the more places the Dark Side is trying to watch, the harder it will be for them to respond, huh?

Ah, well, Duty Calls. Once more unto the breach and all that.

Not that many of the guys or girls here will be in any mood to talk, I bet...

Sometimes to silly extents.

Since Honden travel would be ill-advised in these conditions...

And there's always the chance something will go badly wrong. One wrong bit, and you get a plane trying to land on a freeway. Or a suburban street...

They're already dead. No Life energy to disrupt, surely?

And no, that does not mean you get to ask OL to make giant construct hands...

I'm sure Guy can understand that. One reason the Guardians haven't recalled him to avoid contamination of Ion is probably because he wouldn't follow that order...

So, hit-and-run strikes on targets of opportunity. No doubt focusing on leadership elements and crippling existing power structures.

Indubitably. Like, 'stomp the entire Justice League' powerful...

I don't doubt OL had him pinged the second he came out of the tube, but thanks for the heads-up.

And the big bot is probably too tough for conventional weapons. Probably channelling all manner of Godly energies.

Or maybe you could use your Baby-Godspeech at it. :p It's kind of worked before.

Probably not difficult, given they're a hidden village of ice-controllers...

As long as you don't attack his fists face-first, anyway. Never a good idea.

Choo-choo, motherfucker!

And battle is joined!

Well, time for some action. Let's hope OL doesn't miss all the sneaky fun while he and Guy are playing 'King of the Monsters' with Annihilation Man there. Meanwhile, the Justifiers' actions seem odd. I can see them destroying symbols of local authority, sure, but why put the helmets on people? Do they expect the freshly-justified to rise up and follow orders? :eek: Crap, that's it, isn't it? Subverting local forces by nobbling their leadership...
    (And a surprisingly early post, Mr Zoat. Busy elsewhere at the usual posting time, I'm guessing.)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    kerleth, Xmaster3000, Ardy and 12 others like this.
  10. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

You sometimes forget this is a bad end timeline, then Paul mentions off-hamd that the humans left on Earth add up to just millions now.

That's how that talk sounded at least

Lord Ernest likes this.
  11. mastermenthe

What???

12. Karmic Acumen

Karmic Acumen The long-suffering one

That bit about evacuating the planet and how Tamaran could handle a few millions. Paul was probably thinking of other planets as well, but the wording made me think the Sheeda had killed well more than a few statistics on a page.

Ardy and mastermenthe like this.
  13. Laufe

Laufe Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Not much point in evacuating the Justified, which likely make up a good majority of the planet's population right now.

kerleth, Vorian, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  14. Coltsguy

Coltsguy Colts fan. Anime fan. Breast and back fan.

You know if Paul ever is able to say his own name I feel like that is the climax. Either he's achieved a level where it doesn't affect him anymore and we'll see what he's capable of, or whatever did it originally is done with it and that's the final threat that needs to be taken care of, or, if we want to go really nutty, somebody figures out his name and he goes full Beetleguise and gets reverse summoned back to his home Earth and that's that, or lastly, someone in the comment section correctly guesses his name and thus is summoned into the story as the final boss that gets defeated anticlimactically because we're all just regular schmucks that got patsy'd into creating a functional time loop based solely on the human observational theory of causality. That or Zoat gives us a cookie, a headpat, and one guest star appearance as a random bystander who gets to talk to Paul.

kerleth, Ardy, mastermenthe and 3 others like this.
  15. boo600

boo600 Welp

It’s already been guessed correctly. Paul Tallowyn. There’s a link on Tv Tropes somewhere.

I've tried saying his name 5 times in front of a mirror at midnight, but nope, no orange lantern ring. :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  16. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Coming from the Riddler? Second class mind is almost a compliment.

The US census records a woman named Ima Hogg.

kerleth, Vorian, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  17. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

I'm guessing this means no late late night release on the 30th.
    This is tomorrows chapter early, not a bonus?

18. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ha! I was gonna say that.

Lord Ernest and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  19. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dox has been keeping paul in reserve for when they need a big stick should it finally hit the fan against the reach.

The Fact Dox is calling him in means things are getting real and they need the big stick to keep things from hitting the fan.

The Problem is the Reach's timing sucks for paul and it could very well be intentional that this is happening.

Either paul ignores orders and manages to save earth but the reach break through NEMO's front lines.

Or

Paul Follows orders and kicks the reach fleets in the thorax but Earth takes it up the keester from Darkseid.

Either way paul will have have a mess to deal with later that will keep him distracted.

Because Darkseid is a massive jerk

20. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I guess this activity will count towards summoning the White entity. Make that wicked robot feel something!

kerleth, Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yes, but as I said in my comment, Earth is what matters.

While LePaul might like to go, "Oh hum, I will just evacuate the people I like and everything will be fine." that's complete and utter bullshit. And he knows that's complete and utter bullshit. Because Earth is literally the most important planet in the universe. It's the Fourth World, home of the Life Entity, home of the Endless, the planet literally the entire multiverse revolves around.

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Is it a magical flying fort?
    Thank you, corrected.

I only just got that.
    You're cute when you sleep.
    It was tomorrow here.

kerleth, Xmaster3000, Vorian and 10 others like this.
  23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

How very Rick and Morty of you.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He also probably didn't summon Ion yet because he's worried he'd be hurt by the AL Equation.

Cuchulin and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  25. mastermenthe

I still don't get it.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  26. Mr Zoat

S. U. Perhero

27. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

And he beings it again, the teasing.

kerleth and Xmaster3000 like this.
  28. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

I don't get it.

29. Windona

Windona Beetle Queen of Crackshipping

Colloquialism. 'holding down the fort' means 'keeping things in order/functioning', usually meaning that someone's keeping things functioning while someone else is absent or something is going on.

kerleth, PDV and Cuchulin like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

No, the colloquialism is 'hold the fort'. That is to say, maintain possession of the fortified building against the attack. 'Hold down the fort' is just wrong.