• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Warhammer 40K Paul likes the Tau, which are basically the Federation, so I don't see why the favor wouldn't carry over.

He might have problems with their stance on genetic engineering, but yeah, out of all of the factions they ate basically the most reasonable and worth supporting since the other factions are full of warmongers, paranoid warmongers, totalitarian control freaks, creepy cyborgs etc.

He might have problems with their stance on genetic engineering, but yeah, out of all of the factions they ate basically the most reasonable and worth supporting since the other factions are full of warmongers, paranoid warmongers, totalitarian control freaks, creepy cyborgs etc.

While all true, I could see Paul and, of all people, Garak getting along.

Since Garak is so often the Only Sane Man in the room...

While all true, I could see Paul and, of all people, Garak getting along.

Since Garak is so often the Only Sane Man in the room...

Not sure if I agree with this, b ut if it's true then he's still going to be the only one since Paul is Paul, so he won't be sane for long.

Zoat, would he like the Feds or would he consider them complacent or something?
Yes. Nice but dim.
Would he try to argue with them about Augments?
He'd try, then realise that that prejudice is too deeply ingrained for the current generation to be rational about it.
What would a talk with Q look like?
I don't like Q as a character so I probably wouldn't write one.
There actually exists a Labtern/2009 Trek crossover comic, so it even would be semi-cabon that Rings work in Trek.

That's Abrams Trek, so it doesn't count.
Thank you, corrected.

but Lacuray is far to too new too to consider it.

It's funny that Ragnar has grown on me. Especially in comparison to that Zartok guy and his unabashed Starscream personality.

100% agreed, especially with the Starscream comparison. generally i dislike these characters that are angling towards eventually killing OL, but Ragnar has also grown on me. like as long as Paul keeps improving, Ragnar will never feel the need to challenge him because Ragnar knows he'll always be two steps behind.

I'm trying to find a Green Lantern story where the focus Lantern finds a planet where everyone is separated from each other by walls. When they remove the walls, they start attacking each other instead. Anyone else remember it?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
Oh. That bug lady. One of the Foragers. She briefly had a thing with Jimmy Olsen. Congrats to Jimmy for pulling that, I guess.

I know she wasn't actually in the update and the link was just an example of how New Genesis does duels, but for more of her? She went from this . . .

Bug5_5c4290fe186449.43086749.jpg

To this . . .

b16071192d8b9eda3e6e76d48a543890254abfd7.jpg

8ae18b977458e9400d624b49a7ffc87f.png

Her armor when she actually did fighty stuff also changed into full power armor. With parts that would come on or off I guess at will, since there was a moment she was with Jimmy and a villain showed up. Went from unarmored to armored . . . I guess instantly? At most a couple of seconds going by the panels. (Was unarmored in one panel then armored in the next.)

7311400-00_fora_02.jpg

So yeah. Bug waifus. Absolutely a thing.

Yeah. They're meant to be the same character. The design just changed between when she first showed up and when she reappeared.

Though I guess the Earth 16 Bugs aren't quite as human looking.

This is Earth 16 Forager.

YJO-E25-Forager.jpg

And this is another male Forager standing next to a female Forager. (I guess their role is double duty as their name.)

Screen_Shot_2022-04-20_at_11.24.12_AM.jpg

The female Forager apparently becomes a Green Lantern. I also saw a clip of those two talking to each other and it was hell. They all have high pitched voices and speak in the third person.

The Earth 16 Bugs suck. They need to go away so we can replace them with bug waifus.

Yeah. They're meant to be the same character. The design just changed between when she first showed up and when she reappeared.

Though I guess the Earth 16 Bugs aren't quite as human looking.

This is Earth 16 Forager.

YJO-E25-Forager.jpg

And this is another male Forager standing next to a female Forager. (I guess their role is double duty as their name.)

Screen_Shot_2022-04-20_at_11.24.12_AM.jpg

The female Forager apparently becomes a Green Lantern. I also saw a clip of those two talking to each other and it was hell. They all have high pitched voices and speak in the third person.

The Earth 16 Bugs suck. They need to go away so we can replace them with bug waifus.
The never ending conflict of feeling gratified about aliens that don't conform to human beauty standards, and yet wanting the waifus because horny.

I was surprised by the Earth-16 design yeah.

Although what annoyed me was using Mantis and then never giving him his superpowers.

That's like introducing Parasite and him being a nonpowered guy who just uses up all the hot water for his morning shower and eats all the pizza.

Butcher's Blood (supplementary, Renegade Option)
20th January 2013
21:08 GMT

"…probably didn't exist in your youth. It's called 'work-life balance'."

Palace servants clear away the aftermath of desert, and as it turns out Celestia does eat things other than cake. Spending time here when I'm not trying to revolutionise Equestrian society has been an interesting experience, as I'm forced to engage with the natives socially while I constantly fight the instincts telling me that everything around me is a cuddly toy.

"Or maybe it's an issue with Cutie Marks, because-."

"Thank you, Grayven, but the work you've already sponsored on Cutie Marks is causing enough trouble."

"Honestly, they can't keep taking ketamine. They're going to develop a habit."

"Miss Glimmer has been given her own wing to perform her research. Having other ponies exposed to her ideas was becoming… Problematic."

"Fainting. Goats."

Celestia sighs, very quietly. "Grayven, why are you here?"

"You're my girlfriend's sister and co-worker, and because Sunset asked me to. There's not a lot I won't do for either of them. But… If you actually want me to leave, then I will. I'm not trying to stalk you."

"Twilight… Suggested some activities-."

"Bold of her, but I'm a one-mare stallion. Though if she's suggesting things like that, then I may have to reconsider her psychological profile."

"Friendship activities."

"Got to be-." I blink as I consider what she just said. "Ah, don't want to give mixed messages here, but would it be alright if I hugged you right now?"

"I certainly don't mind, but why?"

"Celestia, you're over a thousand years old, and you got sent friendship activity ideas from your twenty three year old remedial friendship student. I grew up on Apokolips, exposed to the Anti-Life Equation, and I worked it out for myself."

Granted, in Lex's case, a certain amount of coercion and murder was involved. But he's almost thirty percent over that now!

"The fact that you need advice from her about this is a bit… Sad. I mean… Is it..?"

I look her right in the face, and as far as I can tell she's waiting for me to be crass again. But that's not where I'm going.

"I'm probably not as old as you, but I've… Out-aged people before. Is that..?" Her face shifts in understanding. "The problem?"

That's true, but Other Grayven didn't care about it except when it meant that he had to train new henchpeople. And Sheeda could last quite a long time, as well as being evil enough that them dying was a little more comfortable for me than it will be when…

Um.

Wait, who do I know who isn't-?

"No. But as ruler, there is inevitably a degree of separation between myself and my subjects."

"As sovereign goddess, you mean. Human kings and queens on Earth can pal around with each other or other highly placed nobles without it being awkward. But in Equestria, it's just you. And Luna. And Cadence."

Guess that explains why Cadence got brought into the family. I mean, she should have seen how it would look to Sunset, but… By itself…

"I have colleagues, but… You are partially correct. It isn't as hard as some playwrights have suggested, but… Fixtures in my life have been… Thin on the ground."

I grin. Which is a disturbing thing to see on an equine muzzle.

"I-."

She tosses her mane. "And for some reason that doesn't seem so bad now."

"Hah! See! See! But, look, I've been following you around and you've been doing the job of the executive branch of government combined with that of a figurehead of state, and between that and raising and lowering the sun… The 'life' part of the equation has basically evaporated. You… Workhorse, you."

"Is this where you suggest that I reform the entire government of Equestria?"

"I was going to wait until you brought it up. But if you wanted to turn the Bearerherd into alicorns with a view to them acquiring experience in different areas of life before eventually forming a new tribe-specific aristocracy, I might have done some theoretical work on the subject."

"An alicorn-?"

"I'd prefer to upgrade everyone and switch the government over to capitalist anarchy, but I'm prepared to make compromises. You suppressed knowledge on ascension because… You want it to be a reward for the truly worthy? Okay, we only use it on the truly worthy."

"You would create an alicorn aristocracy to.. ensure that I will have friends?"

"Hey, it worked for me!" I shrug my wings. "Look, you were on your… Okay, not on your own, quite, but there… That's a big deal. Of course, if you've got some other plan to deal with things, I'm happy to 'back your play'."

"I… Did, but I suspect that events have invalidated it."

I nod sympathetically. "Life's what happens while you're busy making other plans. But like I said to Luna, all Equestria needs you to do is raise and lower the sun. Anything else can be covered, as long as there's enough time to manage the transition."

"Actually, I have an amulet that can control the sun and moon when we're away."

"That-. Ah… That's.. honestly? Better contingency planning that I expected from you."

She raises her right eyebrow.

"Nah nah nah. No eyebrow, or I'll start making a list-."

"Twilight Sparkle lived here for eight years. If I couldn't survive a daily dose of lists, Cadence would already be controlling the sun."

"M'kay. So. Work-life balance. I think Luna's got it about right at the moment, but that's because you're handling far more than your fair share."

"I'm happy to do that if it means that the two of you can be together."

Aw…

Darn these ponies, giving me diabetes.

"Sure, and that's great now, but we've all got indefinite lifespans. It's not fair to expect you to do that indefinitely. I mean, what if you want to start dating some-?"

"No. Thank you for your consideration, but that won't happen."

Make a.. note to sic Ghia'ta on that one.

"Alright… Take up a hobby, or something. I mean, I wouldn't get bored ruling a country for a thousand years, but that's my special talent. I can't get bored with it. I-."

"You can't take on official duties until you and Luna are married."

"And that's not happening until my father's dealt with, so don't hold your breath. But I can have a purely informal chat with your diary secretary and see if there's a way to increase your efficiency. Find things that don't actually need you in person, and find someone else in the Equestrian government who can handle it. Frankly, heads of state aren't as essential as they like to think that they are."

"I suppose that sounds reasonable. I'll ask Raven to speak with you tomorrow."

Last edited:
Capitalist Anarchy? Has he met Flim and Flam?
Flim and Flam had a great product the first time they appeared. It wasn't until Applejack called in five more ponies including the most powerful unicorn on the planet that they struggled, and they still won the bet.

20th January 2013
21:08 GMT

"…probably didn't exist in your youth. It's called 'work-life balance'."

Palace servants clear away the aftermath of desert, and as it turns out Celestia does eat things other than cake. Spending time here when I'm not trying to revolutionise Equestria society has been an interesting experience, as I'm forced to engage with the natives socially while I constantly fight the instincts telling me that everything around me is a cuddly toy.
Yeah, Gen-4 ponies do have that effect on people, don't they? Better than the Uncanny Valley-dwelling things of Gen 3. Gah... Still, I expect the Renegade showing up isn't always a cause for celebration. ;)More likely dread.

"Or maybe it's an issue with Cutie Marks, because-."

"Thank you, Grayven, but the work you've already sponsored on Cutie Marks is causing enough trouble."
I hope not too many Ponies have needed sanitarium stays...

"Honestly, they can't keep taking ketamine. They're going to develop a habit."

"Miss Glimmer has been given her own wing to perform her research. Having other ponies exposed to her ideas was becoming… Problematic."
Ah, delving into 'things ponies were not meant to know', huh?

"Fainting. Goats."

Celestia sighs, very quietly. "Grayven, why are you here?"
And please, stop being offensive to goat-kind, please? Honestly, just because some have overblown defensive reactions...

"You're my girlfriend's sister and co-worker, and because Sunset asked me to. There's not a lot I won't do for either of them. But… If you actually want me to leave, then I will. I'm not trying to stalk you."

"Twilight… Suggested some activities-."
I'm sure she did. Unfortunately, I'm not sure some of them will be appropriate for mixed company.

"Bold of her, but I'm a one-mare stallion. Though if she's suggesting things like that, then I may have to reconsider her psychological profile."

"Friendship activities."
...That doesn't preclude that sort of thing.

"Got to be-." I blink as I consider what she just said. "Ah, don't want to give mixed messages here, but would it be alright if I hugged you right now?"

"I certainly don't mind, but why?"
Absolutely shameless, aren't you, dear?

"Celestia, you're over a thousand years old, and you got sent friendship activity ideas from your twenty three year old remedial friendship student. I grew up on Apokolips, exposed to the Anti-Life Equation, and I worked it out for myself."

Granted, in Lex's case, a certain amount of coercion and murder was involved. But he's almost thirty percent over that now!
Honestly, that might have stung a little. Imagine, a teacher getting schooled by a student. :p

"The fact that you need advice from her about this is a bit… Sad. I mean… Is it..?"

I look her right in the face, and as far as I can tell she's waiting for me to be crass again. But that's not where I'm going.
I mean, a lame line would be in character for you.

"I'm probably not as old as you, but I've… Out-aged people before. Is that..?" Her face shifts in understanding. "The problem?"

That's true, but Other Grayven didn't care about it except when it meant that he had to train new henchpeople. And Sheeda could last quite a long time, as well as being evil enough that them dying was a little more comfortable for me than it will be when…
The joy of becoming a living Time Abyss. Granted, neither of you are more than a millennium and a half old or so. But the sentiment still applies.

Um.

Wait, who do I know who isn't-?
I mean, some of the Team might count, but you aren't exactly friends with them anymore.

"No. But as ruler, there is inevitably a degree of separation between myself and my subjects."

"As sovereign goddess, you mean. Human kings and queens on Earth can pal around with each other or other highly placed nobles without it being awkward. But in Equestria, it's just you. And Luna. And Cadence."
On the other hand, human rulers generally don't have superpowers their subjects don't.

Guess that explains why Cadence got brought into the family. I mean, she should have seen how it would look to Sunset, but… By itself…

"I have colleagues, but… You are partially correct. It isn't as hard as some playwrights have suggested, but… Fixtures in my life have been… Thin on the ground."
I have to wonder how much tragic pathos writers have been extracting from Celestia's imagined predicament, all these years...

I grin. Which is a disturbing thing to see on an equine muzzle.

"I-."
To be honest, horse teeth are kind of nasty, at least the front ones... :confused:

She tosses her mane. "And for some reason that doesn't seem so bad now."

"Hah! See! See! But, look, I've been following you around and you've been doing the job of the executive branch of government combined with that of a figurehead of state, and between that and raising and lowering the sun… The 'life' part of the equation has basically evaporated. You… Workhorse, you."
Ouch! Now that was a bad dad pun. The joy of having so many children!

"Is this where you suggest that I reform the entire government of Equestria?"

"I was going to wait until you brought it up. But if you wanted to turn the Bearerherd into alicorns with a view to them acquiring experience in different areas of life before eventually forming a new tribe-specific aristocracy, I might have done some theoretical work on the subject."
Well, that would basically double the Alicorn population of Equestria overnight.

"An alicorn-?"

"I'd prefer to upgrade everyone and switch the government over to capitalist anarchy, but I'm prepared to make compromises. You suppressed knowledge on ascension because… You want it to be a reward for the truly worthy? Okay, we only use it on the truly worthy."
I mean, the Equestrian economy is robust, but not that robust.

"You would create an alicorn aristocracy to.. ensure that I will have friends?"

"Hey, it worked for me!" I shrug my wings. "Look, you were on your… Okay, not on your own, quite, but there… That's a big deal. Of course, if you've got some other plan to deal with things, I'm happy to 'back your play'."
I mean, after a thousand years of ruling, you no doubt form plans aplenty...

"I… Did, but I suspect that events have invalidated it."

I nod sympathetically. "Life's what happens while you're busy making other plans. But like I said to Luna, all Equestria needs you to do is raise and lower the sun. Anything else can be covered, as long as there's enough time to manage the transition."
Though I expect she feels a responsibility to do more for her little ponies.

"Actually, I have an amulet that can control the sun and moon when we're away."

"That-. Ah… That's.. honestly? Better contingency planning that I expected from you."
And I wonder if it was made at her request, or is it's a relic of an older time? I'm sure in her younger day, she was more uncertain of her lifespan, so made plans for if she wasn't around...

She raises her right eyebrow.

"Nah nah nah. No eyebrow, or I'll start making a list-."
Heh. He's got her pegged too. Impressive how quickly they learned each other's little tells.

"Twilight Sparkle lived here for eight years. If I couldn't survive a daily dose of lists, Cadence would already be controlling the sun."

"M'kay. So. Work-life balance. I think Luna's got it about right at the moment, but that's because you're handling far more than your fair share."
Such is the price of being in charge for a thousand years. you end up feeling like you need to do everything yourself.

"I'm happy to do that if it means that the two of you can be together."

Aw…
Gee, how nice of her. But don't forget to take care of yourself, lady.

Darn these ponies, giving me diabetes.

"Sure, and that's great now, but we've all got indefinite lifespans. It's not fair to expect you to do that indefinitely. I mean, what if you want to start dating some-?"
Eh, she's probably had some bad...

"No. Thank you for your consideration, but that won't happen."

Make a.. note to sic Ghia'ta on that one.
...Experiences. :oops: Yikes.

"Alright… Take up a hobby, or something. I mean, I wouldn't get bored ruling a country for a thousand years, but that's my special talent. I can't get bored with it. I-."

"You can't take on official duties until you and Luna are married."
He's gonna be a little too busy elsewhere to handle things here, sadly.

"And that's not happening until my father's dealt with, so don't hold your breath. But I can have a purely informal chat with your diary secretary and see if there's a way to increase your efficiency. Find things that don't actually need you in person, and find someone else in the Equestrian government who can handle it. Frankly, heads of state aren't as essential as they like to think that they are."

"I suppose that sounds reasonable. I'll ask Raven to speak with you tomorrow."
Though I have to wonder what sort of rumours that would start circulating... Palace scuttlebutt and all that.

Well, good to see that the Renegade's doing well. Still dating Luna and teasing Celestia. And still messing with Equestrian society tangentially just because of his butterflies. Still, the ponies did need a little bump in the flank to break out of their cultural stasis. Outside of the big cities, things seem far too placid... A little racket might do some good.

Oh. That bug lady. One of the Foragers. She briefly had a thing with Jimmy Olsen. Congrats to Jimmy for pulling that, I guess.

I know she wasn't actually in the update and the link was just an example of how New Genesis does duels, but for more of her? She went from this . . .

Bug5_5c4290fe186449.43086749.jpg

To this . . .

b16071192d8b9eda3e6e76d48a543890254abfd7.jpg

8ae18b977458e9400d624b49a7ffc87f.png

Her armor when she actually did fighty stuff also changed into full power armor. With parts that would come on or off I guess at will, since there was a moment she was with Jimmy and a villain showed up. Went from unarmored to armored . . . I guess instantly? At most a couple of seconds going by the panels. (Was unarmored in one panel then armored in the next.)

7311400-00_fora_02.jpg

So yeah. Bug waifus. Absolutely a thing.
Wow! Bet Karon would love her.

I think that at that point you're talking about plutocracy, which is definitely distinct from anarchy.
I mean, unless you have a powerful legal force outside of the system with a vested interest in maintaining the anarchy state, the very nature of an anarchy will result in power becoming concentrated. Anarchy is inherently transient.

In this case the existence of powerful benevolent immortals goes a long way towards establishing an outside force capable of bounding outcomes, and when combined with the generally benevolent fundamental nature of seemingly 99+% of all sapients on their world, such a system may actually prove to be successful indefinitely. But with those kinds of conditions almost any semi-reasonable form of governance would work, as Celestia has aptly demonstrated for the last thousand years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back