• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

I don't know where Skallox is and I've got only the vaguest idea where Zilius Zox might be.
You could look though, right? Couldn't the SI fairly easily figure out where their species come from and then broadcast messages in those areas asking for them and offering rewards for information or something? Obviously it might not work, but it might.
"Let's say… Eighty percent chance to get rid of it entirely. Ten to just give everyone temporary immunity while the League and its allies destroy the transmitter without having to worry about mind controlled soldiers attacking them. Fifteen to deal with the after-effects while we deal with it some other way, so that we can actually rebuild afterwards. Chance of it flat out doing nothing… Two percent? Maybe? I mean, something should happen, but I can't use New God technology myself for obvious reasons. And… Of course… If it does work, then we can use the same technique on other worlds as well."
All of these numbers add up to 107%. I think maybe the fifteen is a sub-percentage so should be ignored, but in that case these numbers only add up to 92%. Are there some other possibilities the SI can see that he isn't bothering to mention? Or is he just being very lazy with his numbers?

Would red enlightenment help Orion?

Define 'help'. He would no longer experience overwhelming fits of rage. But that might be because he choses to always act in accordance with this rage instead of fighting it.
All of these numbers add up to 107%. I think maybe the fifteen is a sub-percentage so should be ignored, but in that case these numbers only add up to 92%. Are there some other possibilities the SI can see that he isn't bothering to mention? Or is he just being very lazy with his numbers?
Some of those possibilities don't exclude the others, and he didn't mention low probability but theoretically possible outcomes.
I noticed that the last Joseph Harrolds parts in Episode 134 happens on Jan. 21. Does that mean the beginning part of Episode 135 happens before that, or is this a typo?
Yes, that's correct.

"Let's say… Eighty percent chance to get rid of it entirely. Ten to just give everyone temporary immunity while the League and its allies destroy the transmitter without having to worry about mind controlled soldiers attacking them. Fifteen to deal with the after-effects while we deal with it some other way, so that we can actually rebuild afterwards. Chance of it flat out doing nothing… Two percent? Maybe? I mean, something should happen, but I can't use New God technology myself for obvious reasons. And… Of course… If it does work, then we can use the same technique on other worlds as well."
The math is off. 107%.
Apokolips.

Is Lightray trying to humble Paul the way a normal god would an arrogant mortal? Because if he is, I'm glad Paul doesn't care enough or is just skilled and smart enough to get him to give up.

I'm honestly wondering what's going on there.

Lightray is the god of joy.

Never mind he doesn't have empathic powers but light powers, because New God domains are generally useless drivel.

As mentioned, New Gods - especially powerful ones - tend to be...Transformers called them 'multiversal singularities' when it played with the concept for the Thirteen Primes. On some level, each incarnation of Highfather, Primus, Darkseid, or Unicron in each individual universe is the same being in them all.

And thus, if Lightray's prior exposure to Paul was the Renegade...well he probably got razzed to high heaven, and is merely returning the favor.

And even with that aside...well, remember that the Renegade chose to run with the Grayven thing because the Forever People mistook him for Grayven, what with his VenomBuster-ed 'big gray rock man' physique, which Paul doesn't have...and the 'the Orange Light feels somewhat Apokalyptian to New Gods' thing, which he does in an amount that is the Pacific Ocean compared to Renegade's bathtub.

The math is off. 107%.

Explained upthread - some of the probabilities overlap.

As mentioned, New Gods - especially powerful ones - tend to be...Transformers called them 'multiversal singularities' when it played with the concept for the Thirteen Primes. On some level, each incarnation of Highfather, Primus, Darkseid, or Unicron in each individual universe is the same being in them all.

Unless I misunderstood what Mr. Zoat said, this is not true here.

Twice could be carelessness? It's definitely my favourite play, but I prefer the 2002 adaption.

Bleez is a popular music star and political reformer. Ratchet is an Orange Lantern

And neither of them have experienced the trauma that brought about their rage

I have no idea where to even begin looking for Dex-Starr, and… Honestly, between the Anti-Life and the Sheeda, he's probably dead

Or his owner is.

Which could give him the rage he needs.

"You expect it to expunge the Anti-Life, but your people to be mentally scarred

Yep.

At least it won't keep scarring them.

A thought; what about the white light entity? Isn't it slumbering on Earth? Isn't the planet being infected waking it up? Can it be talked to about helping in a way that doesn't make it vulnerable, or forced into the open?

So is Rocket around?

Even if she was she may not be of much help since Zhe lacks the experience her older self had in canon.

Is Lightray trying to humble Paul the way a normal god would an arrogant mortal? Because if he is, I'm glad Paul doesn't care enough or is just skilled and smart enough to get him to give up.

He may just be stating the obvious that trying to attack Apokalips is suicide.

I'm honestly wondering what's going on there.

Lightray is the god of joy.

Never mind he doesn't have empathic powers but light powers, because New God domains are generally useless drivel

I mentioned in a previous post hos his domain may be a reflection of that whole 'ray of sunshine' description that's given to joyful people.

It might be a metaphor. Because he can literally lighten up your day. The spreading of joy will have to be done by his actions and words.

Yep.

If he is it's not going to work, Paul isn't arrogant. He is simply very confident and enlightened.

And also arrogant.

And let's not forget getting the Zamarons on your side. They still don't like you much, after all. That'll be a tough one

They do cooperate with him, like with Ghia'ta being a member of the Team, so it's not our if the question.

Plus he'd be using the power of love to get rid of Anti-Life, which they may find satisfying.

A thought; what about the white light entity? Isn't it slumbering on Earth? Isn't the planet being infected waking it up? Can it be talked to about helping in a way that doesn't make it vulnerable, or forced into the open?
When Paul talked to Dr Mist, there conclusion was that the enemy is not aware of the White Light Entity as Dr Mist should be able to feel it if something is going wrong there.

That was my thought as well. Learning to utilize a ring usually goes hand in hand with developing control over that emotion, although given the usual initial effects of a red ring it's probably going to be a rocky start.
Or conversely his control over his already Divine rage translates to control over his ring. Might even end up recruiting Atrocitus and giving him a less destructive path.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

I'm guessing a large number of people didn't watch the last season of Young Justice to know how putting a Red Ring anywhere near Orion ends.

Also that Paul's wrong about there not being any Red Rings around.

Knowing nothing about New Gods beyond what has shown up in this quest, I can only hope that Orion's Mother Box, already helping him with his rage, will help him with his Red Ring. As Zoat said, Rage Enlightenment doesn't necessarily mean not going on a rampage, just that he wouldn't be in conflict with his own rage anymore.

With Highfather having said that he thought one possibility of Orion being a Red Lantern being basically destroying all his progress on being in control of himself, and then later he says that he believes its best if Orion participates, I assume he quickly thought through the possibilities.

Butcher's Blood (supplementary, Renegade Option)
20th January 2013
21:18 GMT

"Guy!" I fly towards him as he finishes up repositioning Ungara's orbital mirror array. "Guy, I need your help with something!"

"Yeah?" He glances my way, then generates a construct model of the ecological effect of the mirrors to check his work. "With what?"

"We need to teach a magical pony princess how to love again."

He both winces and smirks at the same time. "Hold on a sec. Lantern Gardner to Malo. I'm abowd done up here. You readin' okay?"

I don't hear the response, but from the way Guy's nodding I suspect that he's getting one. Could intercept it, but… No point.

"Okay… Great. Okay. Y'need me? Gimme a call. Otherwise I'll see yeh around."

He lowers his ring and then turns to face me, smirk reappearing as he goes off the clock.

"Grayven, I'm glad that whole pony… Princess thing worked out-."

"Magical pony princess."

"That… The magical pony princess thing worked out for yeh, but we don't all… S-swing that way!"

He makes a sort of hiss-laugh, chuckling to himself.

I shrug. "She could do better."

He jazz hands. "Oooooooooh!"

"In fact she has, which is sort of the issue."

He nods. "Time-expired, huh?"

"Oddly, no. He's indefinitely prolonged as well. Rather, he beat a couple of villains by absorbing all of their evil in them into himself, and flipped out as a result."

"Uh. Okay, yeah, that's-. Heh. That's a bit more… I mean, I ain't sure fixin' superpony's love life is really my job or nothin'-."

"But you've been trying to come up with a halfway plausible reason to visit Wilson for months."

"Fuck off."

"Everyone wants ponies. Ask the internet. You would not believe how many 'artistic impressions' there are of-"

"No no no."

"-her and I-."

A construct hand clamps around my mouth.

"What'd'yah need?"

"Well, we need something that can purge a giant ball of elemental evil."

"You tellin' me that magic ponies don't got somethin' like that?"

"They did, then they stuck it on a magical crystal tree to act as a magical weed killer, so now they're kind of stuck."

"Can't they just take it off'f the tree?"

"You'd think, but apparently not. I think it's a religious.. thing..? Point is, I think we can go Captain Planet on it by combining the power of our rings."

"Captain Planet."

I blink. "Don't tell me you didn't watch Captain Planet."

"I'm pretty sure the Guardians woulda said somethin' if there was a 'Captain Power Ring'."

"I'm not saying that there's a literal Captain Power Ring, though there is, I'm saying that we can use Captain Power Ring's power to do things we couldn't do on our own."

"That sounds like bullcrap."

"Horse apples."

"… What?"

"No, they actually say things like that. 'A giant pile of bucking horse apples', for example, would-."

"Really? That's…" He grins despite himself. "That's like the cutsyest, girliest thing ever."

"Whatever you need to tell yourself."

"A'ight, a'ight, so if we're doin' this 'Captain Planet' thing, what'd'we need?"

"Seven different colours of power ring. Now, I've got yellow, obviously, and I can get hold of Dox to get another Orange Lantern assigned. I can probably get Talbot to volunteer as the Red. You're green and Ghia'ta is violet, so that leaves blue and indigo. And someone to use them."

"You know anyone who can make power rings?"

"Yes, but… Ah… One of them's the student of the guy who made Sinestro's ring, and they needed to murder an entire… Planet… To do that."

His grin fades. "What?"

"I… Just realised that I never asked Weaponer Lysis how she made her red ring. Huh."

"That's the problem with workin' with evil people, Gray. Sometimes, they do evil stuff."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're right." I mean, it's not like it was a planet that I was using, but I should probably check that with her at some point just to make sure that it doesn't bite us in the haunches later. "But I can't really do anything about that now."

"That's not actually true. She's sittin' right next t', like, half the Orange Lantern Corps."

"I mean, I can't stop her doing something she's already done. I can't punish her for things she did before she made a contract with me, that would be unreasonable."

"She kills a planet, an' that's fine, but you don't wanna get in trouble with HR?"

"It's not fine, if it happened, it's just outside of my jurisdiction. Look, do you think you could get hold of Ganthet for me?"

"I-. I mean, yeah, but that whole 'Lysis killed a planet' thing kinda killed the mood."

"Oh, I don't know that she did that. She might just have snuck onto Ysmault or something. Or have been paying attention when someone else killed a planet; it's not like qwardians are shy about killing people. Look, Wilson really doesn't need Princess Celestia losing herself to ennui-" Said it right that time. "-and you'll learn some very interesting things about power rings. I think it's worth doing anyway."

He's clearly not happy about it.

"Look, do you want to be there when I talk to her about it? Because-."

"Yeah. Just a little worried 'bowd what happens if I wanna take 'er in."

"Let's… Let's hope it doesn't come to that."

"Yeah. What yeh wanna talk to Ganthet 'bowd?"

"His blue ring prototype. Obviously, we need to borrow it."

"Ganthet's got a…" He frowns curiously. "How'd you know that?"

"Little birdy told me. I do meet with the Controllers on a semi-regular basis, and quite a lot of them used to be Guardians. Tell him we can give it a field test."

"Al… Right. I c'n do that. What about indigo?"

"For that, we're going to need Lantern Jordan, and the ring he got from Abin Sur."

Last edited:
"Uh. Okay, yeah, that's-. Heh. That's a big more… I mean, I ain't sure fixin' superpony's love life is really my job or nothin'-."
I think that should say 'bit'.

"But you've been trying to come up with a halfway plausible reason to visit Wilson for months."

"Fuck off."

"Everyone wants ponies. Ask the internet. You would not believe how many 'artistic impressions' there are of-"

"No no no."

"-her and I-."

A construct hand clamps around my mouth.
Not surprised there's stuff like that online in-universe, though I am a little surprised that Guy's surprised. Does he not know about all the Rule 34 stuff about him and the Justice League online?

"His blue ring prototype. Obviously, we need to borrow it."

"Ganthet's got a…" He frowns curiously. "How'd you know that?"

"Little birdy told me. I do meet with the Controllers on a semi-regular basis, and quite a lot of them used to be Guardians. Tell him we can give it a field test."

Al… Right. I c'n do that. What about indigo?"

"For that, we're going to need Lantern Jordan, and the ring he got from Abin Sur."
First, is the Renegade lying about hearing about Ganthet's blue ring prototype from the Controllers? Second, how is he going to explain what he knows about the Indigo Tribe? Also, I find it a bit funny that it seems like the Renegade is able to get a power ring for each color easier than Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back