• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Zoat was taking to long, so I borrowed the AI Zoat that the mods use as a footstool and it cranked out this before exploding!
22nd January 2013
15:42 GMT

After the emotional reunion between Celestia and Sombra, I find myself sitting with Luna on a bench in the royal gardens. The sun is setting, casting a warm orange glow over everything, and I can't help but feel a sense of peace and accomplishment.

It's rare that we get moments like these, just sitting together and enjoying the quiet.

"I never did thank you properly for helping me with Sombra," Luna says softly, her eyes fixed on the horizon.

"You don't need to thank me," I reply. "I did it because I wanted to, and because it was the right thing to do."

"But still," she insists, turning to face me. "It means so much to me, and to Celestia as well. You've given us our friend back, and you've helped bring some closure and happiness to a very dark chapter in our lives."

I smile at her, feeling a warm glow in my chest that has nothing to do with the sunset. "Well, when you put it like that, I guess it does feel pretty good."

Luna leans in closer, resting her head on my shoulder. "You're a good man, Grayven. I know I've said it before, but I truly am grateful for everything you've done for me and my sister."

I wrap my arm around her, pulling her close. "And I'm grateful for you too, Luna. You've shown me a side of myself I didn't even know existed."

We sit like that for a while, watching as the sun dips below the horizon and the first stars begin to appear in the sky. It's a beautiful moment, made even more special by the knowledge that we've done something truly good today.

But as the darkness grows deeper and the stars shine brighter, a nagging thought begins to creep into the back of my mind. We may have helped Sombra, but there are still so many others out there who need our help, so many battles yet to be fought.

The universe is a vast and dangerous place, filled with countless threats and challenges, and the work of a Lantern is never truly done.

But for now, at least, we can enjoy this moment of peace and happiness.

As I pull Luna closer, I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, we're making a real difference in this world. And that's a feeling worth holding onto.

Luna must have felt the shift in my thoughts because she raises her head from my shoulder and looks at me with concern. "What is it? What's troubling you?"

I sigh, not wanting to bring up the weight of our responsibilities in this moment, but knowing that I can't keep it from her. "I was just thinking about how many more people there are out there who need our help. There's so much darkness in the universe, and sometimes it feels like we're only making a small dent in it."

Luna looks thoughtful for a moment before responding. "I understand what you mean. It's a burden we all carry as Lanterns, and as rulers in my and Celestia's case. But we can't let the enormity of it all overwhelm us. We must take solace in the small victories, like today."

She gestures to the sky above us. "Look at the stars, Grayven. They may seem small and insignificant on their own, but together they create a vast and beautiful tapestry that lights up the night sky. Each victory, each life we touch and change for the better, adds another star to that tapestry."

Her words strike a chord within me, and I find myself nodding in agreement. "You're right, Luna. I guess I just needed a reminder of why we do what we do."

Luna smiles warmly at me. "That's what I'm here for," she says, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.
Just then, we hear laughter coming from a nearby path, and we turn to see Celestia and Sombra walking towards us, arm in arm. They look so genuinely happy that it makes my heart swell to see it.

As they approach us, Celestia speaks up. "We wanted to thank you both again for everything you've done. Our lives are so much brighter now because of it."

Sombra nods, his eyes shining with gratitude. "Yes, I don't know how I can ever repay you for this second chance at life."

I exchange a glance with Luna before responding. "You don't need to repay us. Just live your life well, and be there for each other. That's all we could ever ask for."

Celestia smiles, tears glistening in her eyes. "We will, I promise."

We all stand there for a moment, basking in the warm glow of friendship and gratitude. It's a rare moment in our lives, one that we'll all cherish for years to come.

But as the last vestiges of sunlight fade from the sky, the reality of our responsibilities begins to set in once more. We are Lanterns and rulers, and our duty calls.

With a final round of hugs and heartfelt goodbyes, we go our separate ways – Celestia and Sombra to rebuild their lives together, and Luna and I to continue our work as protectors of the universe.

As Luna and I walk away hand in hand, I can't help but feel a renewed sense of purpose. It's true that the universe is vast and filled with darkness, but as long as there are people like us – people who are willing to fight for what's right – there will always be hope.

And with that hope comes the knowledge that together, we can create a brighter future for everyone.
A future filled with love, friendship, and endless possibilities.

One star at a time.

Postscript: I did not read this before posting. I blame GPT.
Does this count as recursive fanfic if I didn't write it?
If noone wrote it ??!!!
Added to the omake list.
I think that should say 'I get'.
Should "Bit" be "Be"?
enable to wearer -> enable the wearer
Thank you, corrected.
What did he do there? Was he doing something to look for the Lancers/Butcher's Blood, or did he alter the desires of the robots to make them want to shut down?
They detected that the job they were programmed to do was complete and started packing themselves up.

Hey. The Free lancers might jump at the chance to snag a cushy government contract. Big pay for work they already do? The only challenge would be not cheating them.

Plus the OLC are much safer clients.

The Reach want to ensslave and wipe out anyone that isn't Reach and the Weaponer's, who I'm presuming are the one behind the missing blood want to wipe everything out.

Granted, given the fact that both of those parties have been established for a longer time thn the OLC could make them think that their the safer bet compared to the younger OLC.

Oooh, that's a worrying idea. They might have learned OL can sense them through their desires and found some way to conceal them... Unlikely, but I would not be surprised by anything they could pull out of their arses.

They already had anti-Lantern equipment, plus they may be working with a Weaponer, so it's not out of the question.

"Reading you loud and clear, Mister Lantern. Orion's a little busy right now."

"I can hear you shitbrain! The idiot is busy!"

"Children. Can we leave the pity party for later? Orion might need a hand here."

"Hey lovebirds, the moron here needs help! You can hug and kiss later!"

...Well, if you think you can spit it out fro Drann's equipment to analyze. Sure.

I really hope Orion spits in Drann's face.

Letting the Free Booters Lancers run around is a mistake. Stop trying to think so Lawful Neutral, Paul, go and kill them and pirate their stuff, they're too dangerous to be left alive!

He's communicated with The Sphere waaay back when...mentioned something about his ring translator allowing him to fake it well enough to get the point across.

EDIT: Back here during the build up to meeting Scott and Barda.

I point to the sphere. It warbles. Oh.

"The son of Highfather and his wife, since you ask."

A series of beeps.

"No, his natural son. I said Freedom, not the Glory of War."

Mister J'onzz looks from me to the sphere. "You were able to understand what the sphere said?"

"Sort of. The ring doesn't turn it into words, but I can generally understand what it means."

Diana looks at Mister J'onzz, then Red Tornado. "I can understand it as well. Red?"

"No. I have been attempting to decode its sounds since it arrived here with no success. I find it odd that the two of you understand it so easily."

"It's not that strange. Metaphysically, Diana's probably a lot like a New God." I hold out my left hand, palm outward, and do the glowing flame thing Alan does when he flies. "And the ring is letting me fake it. I know I can't understand it when I'm not wearing it. Have the Greenies come up with anything useful?"

Last edited:
He's communicated with The Sphere waaay back when...mentioned something about his ring translator allowing him to fake it well enough to get the point across.

EDIT: Back here during the build up to meeting Scott and Barda.
Let's... Say that he can get a general impression, but doesn't understand it precisely enough for complex discussion. Or maybe it's something to do with the fact that it was set up for Orion.

"The broadcast. If finding out that we only felt… Reverence for the Reds because they look more like our monster ancestors… I just felt that all my doubts were… From that.
'In finding'?

Was just re-reading this episode and I can't remember the fate of Karmang and friends. Can anyone tell me if the bomb killed them all? And what happened with them in the Paragon universe?

No, he was trying to say something along the line of 'if finding out was all it took', but he garbled it due to being emotionally agitated.
Was just re-reading this episode and I can't remember the fate of Karmang and friends. Can anyone tell me if the bomb killed them all? And what happened with them in the Paragon universe?
I'm pretty sure that he got away, but I don't always remember these things correctly.

I'm pretty sure that he got away, but I don't always remember these things correctly.
In the Paragon timeline, Karmang is definitely still around but hasn't revealed himself yet. In the Renegade timeline, it's ambiguous as to whether or not the Renegade's bomb killed him and his followers.

Butcher's Blood (supplementary, Renegade Option)
21st January 2013
20:34 GMT

Luna and I sit on a bench in the palace gardens. Somewhere in the palace behind us Celestia and Sombra are getting reacquainted.

Eh.

Probably 'reacquainted' and not 'reacquainted', on the grounds that a swarm of bats haven't flown past us. Or a cloud of dust.

"Why are you smirking?"

"Do ponies have step ladders?"

That gets me a curious frown. "You know that we have ladders." I don't meet her eyes, keeping my face entirely stationary. "Will We regret asking?"

Then I grin. "I don't know. Ask and find out."

She considers for a moment and then turns her head away, rolling her eyes.

"Worry not, We have deduced it."

"You don't want to check?"

"King Sombra is an umbrum. Our sister's beau merely maintained his morals rather than reverting to type."

"Yes?"

"He can assume the form of a cloud. We doubt that he will struggle in…" She hesitates to find words that she's comfortable using. "…gaining height. And We are reasonably confident that Our Sister can alter her height, should that…"

She squirms uncomfortably.

"Should that be required. Hm." Her horn glows, and the atomic pocket watch I got her appears out of her magic pocket. "And now it is time to raise the moon."

"You think that Celestia is going to handle the sun, or… Do you think she's occ-?"

"We do not want to speculate on Our Sister's… Habits."

"They're not really 'habits' if she hasn't done them for a thousand-."

"That is enough! We-." The glow around her horn flickers. "Ah. It-."

"It..?"

"Appears that she is occupied. The magic of her former student is reaching for the sun, with her blessing."

Luna gets off the bench and takes a few steps forward. Then her wings flare as her entire body glows with her magic aura. Three wing beats and the moon is hoisted and the sun lowered.

"WOOHOO!"

I jerk my head around to look at the palace, where Sunset's silhouette is jumping up and down behind the curtains.

"Sounds like Sombra does good wor-."

Luna bats me with her wing as she retakes her place. "That was Sunset Shimmer, as well you know. Do you think that granting her that privilege will improve her relations with Our Sister in some way?"

"It's a pretty clear sign that she trusts her. You know, to handle the sun and not try switching to a heliocentric model on her own initiative."

"Wouldst..? She..?"

"Probably not, but I'll remember to have Jean notify me if she starts using my mountain's computers to model the process, just in case." I tilt my head back, taking in the night sky. "Huh."

"Have you some observation to make about Our work?"

"Oh, no. No. No."

"What?"

"Well, it's just…" I raise my right forehoof. "That one there. It makes a perfect pattern with the stars around it, but… Then you've got that formation over there which makes a strong line across the sky, and if your eye keeps going, that star nearly-but-not-quite lines up with it. It just… It just takes you out of it a little, you know? It's not, like… Bad, or anything…"

"Hmm." She rubs her chin with her right hoof. "We… Think We see what you mean. It would only be visible in such a light from certain positions on the ground, but… We may be able to change it."

"Nah, don't worry, I got it. Ring, delete C Seven."

"By your command."

The star vanishes, and I keep my face extremely still as Luna's jaw falls open.

"A-?"

"There, see, now they're clearly separate shapes."

"A-?"

"What do you think?"

"Aaaaaaa-?"

I turn my head to look at her with an expression of innocent concern on my muzzle. "Are you alright? Did you swallow something the wrong way?"

"How-?" Her horn shimmers. "How-? No. Wait. We can still feel-."

I fall off the bench. "HAhahahahaha!"

"What-? What hast thou done, oh infernal kelpie-limmer!"

I roll over, my eyes clouded by tears!

Luna picks me up with thaumokinesis, forcing me to look her in the eyes. When it becomes clear that I'm still going to laugh, she shakes me back and forth in an attempt to snap me out of it.

"EXPLAIN THYSELF!"

"Uh. Sister?" We both turn our heads as a concerned Celesia and a puzzled Sombra approach from the palace. "Is there..? Ah…"

Without turning her head, Luna points her right forehoof in the direction of the now-absent star.

"That!"

They look at the empty sky, then back at me. And I really do try to get it together.

"I had my people fabricate a big metal sheet and use a hush tube to put it in near-Wilson space so I could just shift it a little and block the light from the star! It's still visible from just about everywhere else!"

"Ghk!"

Celestia snerks, then swiftly covers her mouth with a hoof when Luna flashes her a look of shocked betrayal. Sombra nervously looks like he's thinking about laughing too.

"It took so much time on the fabricator that three villages starved to death from the lack of farming tools! Hah!"

Luna's face hardens as she drops me on my haunches. "Thou art lying."

"Of course I am. It was only one-."

"Silence! Silence. We are contemplating the form of thy punishment."

"Sister, turnabout is fair play." Celestia has her face back under control. "Perhaps it would be sporting to prank Grayven back?"

"Will you..? Aid us?"

Celestia smiles pleasantly at me.

"I would be delighted to."

Last edited:
Nice to see such family binding.

Make his life Hell, girls.

"WOOHOO!"

I jerk my head around to look at the palace, where Sunset's silhouette is jumping up and down behind the curtains.

Luna bats me with her wing as she retakes her place. "That was Sunset Shimmer, as well you know

I mean, it's possible that Sunset and Celestia said that at the same time.

"Uh. Sister?" We both turn our heads as a concerned Celesia and a puzzled Sombra approach from the palace. "Is there..? Ah

Not cool interrupting their horsing around time, renegade.

Interesting that Renegade Paul is using his Orange ring. Sinestro might still be out- checks chapter times and dates- seven hours later. It is also possible that Grayven is continuing his habit of using the Orange ring for mundane tasks and Sinestro's ring for important stuff. If this really is a worrying situation… then we might jump back a few hours once Paragon Paul attempts his own white light scheme.

Could someone remind me who Jean is? I know she replaced the Challenger of the Unknown who allowed Grayven to continue using her mountain… and Jean obviously isn't a kryptonian, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

Could someone remind me who Jean is? I know she replaced the Challenger of the Unknown who allowed Grayven to continue using her mountain… and Jean obviously isn't a kryptonian, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank

If I remember correctly she was a genomorph that serves as hid personal assistant.

21st January 2013
20:34 GMT

Luna and I sit on a bench in the palace gardens. Somewhere in the palace behind us Celestia and Sombra are getting reacquainted.

Eh.
Probably not in the naughty sense. I doubt their relationship had ever gone that far. The joy of being separated by worlds and bounds of respect. I also expect that when they do consummate matters, it's going to be noticeable. Like Superman and Wonder Woman in 'The Dark Knight Strikes Again'. The Earth will literally move. x3

Probably 'reacquainted' and not 'reacquainted', on the grounds that a swarm of bats haven't flown past us. Or a cloud of dust.

"Why are you smirking?"
...I hope she was at least some kind of Vampire in that scene? o_O Because what even.

"Do ponies have step ladders?"

That gets me a curious frown. "You know that we have ladders." I don't meet her eyes, keeping my face entirely stationary. "Will We regret asking?"
Only if you want to indulge his lewd Dad jokes.

Then I grin. "I don't know. Ask and find out."

She considers for a moment and then turns her head away, rolling her eyes.
I can tell that's a 'why did I ever find you attractive?' moment... But she knows why she does.

"Worry not, We have deduced it."

"You don't want to check?"
For those not getting it: Picture a Chihuaha and a Great Dane. :p Do the math.

"King Sombra is an umbrum. Our sister's beau merely maintained his morals rather than reverting to type."

"Yes?"
I like that they have an actual type of spirit that he can be identified as...

"He can assume the form of a cloud. We doubt that he will struggle in…" She hesitates to find words that she's comfortable using. "…gaining height. And We are reasonably confident that Our Sister can alter her height, should that…"

She squirms uncomfortably.
Think 'full-body massage. Inside and out'. :VOr something akin to the Renegade's old playtimes in Tokyo...

"Should that be required. Hm." Her horn glows, and the atomic pocket watch I got her appears our of her magic pocket. "And now it is time to raise the moon."

"You think that Celestia is going to handle the sun, or… Do you think she's occ-?"
...Hopefully she's professional enough to let Sombra know she needs to be able to focus for at least a couple of minutes.

"We do not want to speculate on Our Sister's… Habits."

"They're not really 'habits' if she hasn't done them for a thousand-."
Renegade, you're starting to push it clear into the Squick zone. :oops:

"That is enough! We-." The glow around her horn flickers. "Ah. It-."

"It..?"
Oh, is Luna going to have to handle both heavenly bodies?

"Appears that she is occupied. The magic of her former student is reaching for the sun, with her blessing."

Luna gets off the bench and takes a few steps forward. Then her wings flare as her entire body glows with her magic aura. Three wing beats and the moon is hoisted and the sun lowered.
Ooh, Sunset stepping up. I wonder if Celestia poked her magically, or if she saw the opportunity and seized it?

"WOOHOO!"

...And apparently you can do one hell of a jig with four legs. :p

Luna bats me with her wing as she retakes her place. "That was Sunset Shimmer, as well you know. Do you think that granting her that privilege will improve her relations with Our Sister in some way?"
I half picture both of them reaching out, and Celestia pausing, then pulling back with a polite 'Go ahead, show me you've got this.'

"It's a pretty clear sign that she trusts her. You know, to handle the sun and not try switching to a heliocentric model on her own initiative."

"Woulds't..? She..?"
...I wouldn't put it past her, if only in the name of efficiency and simplicity.

"Probably not, but I'll remember to have Jean notify me if she starts using my mountain's computers to model the process, just in case." I tilt my head back, taking in the night sky. "Huh."

"Have you some observation to make about Our work?"
I suppose stargazing around here is more art appreciation than simply astronomy.

"Oh, no. No. No."

"What?"
...Careful, Renegade, that's a dangerous tone of voice. Put a hoof wrong here and you're gonna be sleeping in a mudhole.

"Well, it's just…" I raise my right forehoof. "That one there. It make a perfect pattern with the stars around it, but… Then you've got that formation over there which makes a strong line across the sky, and if your eye keeps going, that star nearly-but-not-quite lines up with it. It just… It just takes you out of it a little, you know? It's not, like… Bad, or anything…"

"Hmm." She rubs her chin with her right hoof. "We… Think We see what you mean. It would only be visible in such a light from certain positions on the ground, but… We may be able to change it."
At least she isn't spelling out rude messages in the stars, only visible to certain nations. :D

"Nah, don't worry, I got it. Ring, delete C Seven."

"By your command."
...What? :confused:

The star vanishes, and I keep my face extremely still as Luna's jaw falls open.

"A-?"
What?! o_O

"There, see, now they're clearly separate shapes."

"A-?"
What?! :eek:

"What do you think?"

"Aaaaaaa-?"
...I think you broke her.

I turn my head to look at her with an expression of innocent concern on my muzzle. "Are you alright? Did you swallow something the wrong way?"

"How-?" Her horn shimmers. "How-? No. Wait. We can still feel-."
...Let me guess, he hung a shade?

I fall off the bench. "HAhahahahaha!"

"What-? What hast thou done, oh infernal kelpie-limmer!"
Oooh, she's pissed! Thought I recognise the term 'Kelpie'... Limmer? What the..? :confused:

I roll over, my eyes clouded by tears!

Luna picks me up with thaumokinesis, forcing me to look her in the eyes. When it becomes clear that I'm still going to laugh, she shakes me back and forth in an attempt to snap me out of it.
Careful, Renegade, she may decide to start strangling you.

"EXPLAIN THYSELF!"

"Uh. Sister?" We both turn our heads as a concerned Celesia and a puzzled Sombra approach from the palace. "Is there..? Ah…"
Ah, Luna's reverted to Old Rpyal Canterlot Voice volume, eh? I expect having the palace windows rattle might have gotten their attention.

Without turning her head, Luna points her right forehoof in the direction of the now-absent start.

"That!"
...I expect Celestia would sense the issue, but Sombra? Probably just confused.

They look at the empty sky, then back at me. And I really do try to get it together.

"I had my people fabricate a big metal sheet and use a hush tube to put it in near-Wilson space so I could just shift it a little and block the light from the star! It's still visible from just about everywhere else!"
The easiest way to occlude a light source without turning it off, of course.

"Ghk!"

Celestia snerks, then swiftly covers her mouth with a hoof when Luna flashes her a look of shocked betrayal. Sombra nervously looks like he's thinking about laughing too.
Thought that might make Luna snap something. Like the Renegade's spine. Which she still has in her figurative paws.

"It took so much time on the fabricator that three villages starved to death from the lack of farming tools! Hah!"

Luna's face hardens as she drops me on my haunches. "Thou art lying."
Hey, he does have an 'affably evil' reputation to maintain, after all. And starving people for the sake of a prank is pretty evil. :D

"Of course I am. It was only one-."

"Silence! Silence. We are contemplating the form of thy punishment."
...Make him hang out with the Mane Six. Without allowing him to mess with them.

"Sister, turn about is fair play." Celestia has her face back under control. "Perhaps it would be sporting to prank Grayven back?"

"Will you..? Aid us?"
Oooh, a chance for some sisterly bonding! Renegade, you magnificent bastard.

Celestia smiles pleasantly at me.

"I would be delighted to."
Narrator: "And history remembers this as the day 'Trollestia' was spawned..."

Well, at least it's confirmed that the White light exposure has fully fixed Sombra. And he and Celestia are wasting no time with their romance, eh? Pity the Renegade will be in the pig-pen for a while thanks to this little prank. Still, at least he got Celestia and Luna to begin bonding in earnest, even if it's over messing with him.

Interesting that Renegade Paul is using his Orange ring. Sinestro might still be out- checks chapter times and dates- seven hours later. It is also possible that Grayven is continuing his habit of using the Orange ring for mundane tasks and Sinestro's ring for important stuff. If this really is a worrying situation… then we might jump back a few hours once Paragon Paul attempts his own white light scheme.

Could someone remind me who Jean is? I know she replaced the Challenger of the Unknown who allowed Grayven to continue using her mountain… and Jean obviously isn't a kryptonian, but otherwise I'm drawing a blank.
Isn't Jean the old lady who used to be part of the team that lived at Challenger Mountain? And is immune to destiny?

Jean's the majordomo of Renegades mountain, and is a Genomorph much like Dubblex...or the other one that's with The Team in this timeline. Xy? Exnie? something like that

Probably not in the naughty sense. I doubt their relationship had ever gone that far. The joy of being separated by worlds and bounds of respect. I also expect that when they do consummate matters, it's going to be noticeable. Like Superman and Wonder Woman in 'The Dark Knight Strikes Again'. The Earth will literally move. x3

...I hope she was at least some kind of Vampire in that scene? o_O Because what even.

Only if you want to indulge his lewd Dad jokes.

I can tell that's a 'why did I ever find you attractive?' moment... But she knows why she does.

For those not getting it: Picture a Chihuaha and a Great Dane. :p Do the math.

I like that they have an actual type of spirit that he can be identified as...

Think 'full-body massage. Inside and out'. :VOr something akin to the Renegade's old playtimes in Tokyo...

...Hopefully she's professional enough to let Sombra know she needs to be able to focus for at least a couple of minutes.

Renegade, you're starting to push it clear into the Squick zone. :oops:

Oh, is Luna going to have to handle both heavenly bodies?

Ooh, Sunset stepping up. I wonder if Celestia poked her magically, or if she saw the opportunity and seized it?

...And apparently you can do one hell of a jig with four legs. :p

I half picture both of them reaching out, and Celestia pausing, then pulling back with a polite 'Go ahead, show me you've got this.'

...I wouldn't put it past her, if only in the name of efficiency and simplicity.

I suppose stargazing around here is more art appreciation than simply astronomy.

...Careful, Renegade, that's a dangerous tone of voice. Put a hoof wrong here and you're gonna be sleeping in a mudhole.

At least she isn't spelling out rude messages in the stars, only visible to certain nations. :D

...What? :confused:

What?! o_O

What?! :eek:

...I think you broke her.

...Let me guess, he hung a shade?

Oooh, she's pissed! Thought I recognise the term 'Kelpie'... Limmer? What the..? :confused:

Careful, Renegade, she may decide to start strangling you.

Ah, Luna's reverted to Old Rpyal Canterlot Voice volume, eh? I expect having the palace windows rattle might have gotten their attention.

...I expect Celestia would sense the issue, but Sombra? Probably just confused.

The easiest way to occlude a light source without turning it off, of course.

Thought that might make Luna snap something. Like the Renegade's spine. Which she still has in her figurative paws.

Hey, he does have an 'affably evil' reputation to maintain, after all. And starving people for the sake of a prank is pretty evil. :D

...Make him hang out with the Mane Six. Without allowing him to mess with them.

Oooh, a chance for some sisterly bonding! Renegade, you magnificent bastard.

Narrator: "And history remembers this as the day 'Trollestia' was spawned..."

Well, at least it's confirmed that the White light exposure has fully fixed Sombra. And he and Celestia are wasting no time with their romance, eh? Pity the Renegade will be in the pig-pen for a while thanks to this little prank. Still, at least he got Celestia and Luna to begin bonding in earnest, even if it's over messing with him.
This is QQ, and there is that other thread.

Butcher's Blood (part 19)
21st January 2013
16:04 GMT

There's Turi, as airless and rocky as ever. And there's Draan Del Daar's laboratory. And a little way away to my right is the most secure planet in N.E.M.O., its largest shipyard and the densest concentration of Lanterns in the universe and I'm still concerned.

But I founded a Corps because we can do more together than I can on my own.

"Illustres to Clarissi Dox."

"Report."

"I've gathered what the maltusian Draan Del Daar needs to forge a red power ring. It might be worth having a few more spiritually resilient Lanterns on hand just in case something goes wrong."

His eyes narrow very faintly. "Such as?"

"A tremendous explosion of rage which temporarily disrupts our ability to use the orange light. It's not likely, but something's off about this situation."

"I will have Lantern Ragnar call a halt to ring training, and place a fleet on alert. Have a care."

"Will do, sir. Thank you. End. Ring, call Kalmin."

"What?"

"I've talked a maltusian into making a red power ring. Do you want to watch?"

He glowers, then hesitates, thinking it over. "Yes. It will be interesting to compare techniques. He's on Turi?"

"Yes. I'll see you shortly. End."

"A qwardian?" Orion's helmet covers his face, but he sounds unhappy. "Are you trying to redeem him?"

I hear Jade make an amused snort, though I don't know whether that was transmitted to Orion as well.

"Harm mitigation. He's always going to want to destroy things, but this way he's destroying the Reach instead of orphanages. And he's done-."

"Orphanages?"

"I recently visited a planet where he amped up the ambient fear until their civilisation collapsed and their population died off."

"You made such a devil a part of your Corps?"

"Yes. Would you like me to show you the ship's he's designed, and the estimates of the number of lives they've saved?"

"And you think that justifies his presence here?"

I shrug. "I'm not sure by what standard it could be justified in any absolute sense, but he's doing good work for us. It justifies it for me."

Orion's jaw hardens-.

Ping.

"And if it helps, he destroyed the qwardian ruling class almost single-handedly, because he doesn't care what he destroys as long as he is destroying."

"Oh? Does the 'New God' object to my behaviour?" Kalmin brought his hammer with him, but it's currently in the 'at rest' position. "Don't think for a moment that I'm under their protection. You can come at me whenever you want."

Orion's grip on his astro-harness-.

"After we've used the red ring to remove the Anti-Life from Earth. Prioritise, Orion."

Ping.

Orion locks eyes with Kalmin for a moment, then turns his head just enough that he can glare at me from the corner of his eyes. "I am disappointed."

Then he flies, swooping down towards the laboratory, as I feel… Like I've let someone down.

I shake my head. I haven't made any undertaking to New Genesis about who I will and won't recruit now, much less when I was starting out.

"I hope the maltusian is more interesting."

Kalmin raises his hammer, and vanishes.

"While we're on the subject of working with monsters…"

"You're not a monster, Jade. Even at your worst-."

"Thank you, but I wasn't thinking about me. Did you kill Ra's al Ghul?"

"Ah, no? Didn't I..? Tell you..?"

"You did, but there were Justice League people around."

"I'm not totally sure that he's dead, but I suspect that Nylor Truggs killed him and a bunch of other people with his robots. And despite his skills, Ra's al Ghul isn't-. Wouldn't be anything like as useful as Kalmin."

She appears to accept that. I point towards the laboratory.

"Shall we?"

She nods, and I transition both of us down. And… It's a workshop. Some of the machinery I recognise from Hinon's workshop. Others I don't recognise at all. On the plus side, I was half-expecting to see the Free Lancer's ship here and it isn't. On the negative, no Draan Del Daar.

Something that clearly hasn't improved Orion's mood.

"Did you not tell him that we were ready?"

"No, I told him." I shake my head. "Illustres to Draan-"

Kalmin looks around, then walks over to a point near a seven-dimensional quantum disentangler.

"-Del Darr. We're here?"

Kalmin jerks his right hand towards the floor, qwa energy flaring and annihilating all that's in its way! What is he-?

An armoured… Airlock? Door?

"I see that Kalmin has found the door. Please, come-" The airlock opens. "-and join me."

"Foolish maltusian." Kalmin jumps through. "An ominous doorway? Who do you think I am?"

"This grows tiresome."

Orion flies down after him, and Jade and I follow after that.

Inside is a straight flight down, the walls of the corridor undulating around us as it separates the vacuum outside from… Yes, breathable air inside. We're… Quite a way inside Turi's body now, and I can see up ahead where the maltusian structure ends and… Some new construction begins.

Kalmin's already out at the far end, examining the walls.

"A qwardian structure? Have you been dealing with m-?" He pulls back from the wall, a pale brown energy shield appearing around him. "With my..?"

He collapses to the ground.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back