• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Cool fight. Glad to see the return of auto-FTL, maybe I'm forgetting but I feel like it has been quite a while. That must have been a literal truckload of antimatter, haha. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that he's capable of it, but I feel like we rarely see orange rings being used for mass destruction like that.

Last edited:
"I have decided that your reward for winning will be the privilege of choosing our posture the first time we mate. I will choose on all other occasions. For your sake, you had better have stamina."

Looks at the section of the forum... Too bad, but I would guess either missionary or the mating press lol.

Anyways, I guess our boy Matt doesn't have arcane tattoos so that is one power up venue that is beyond him. I remember Paul being unable to take the Danner formula and other pseudo alchemical types of power up, so that means he will have to make do without them...

Yeah I think turning himself into a Viltrumite is the only way he can enhance himself right now. Unless the body of one of the dead guys he scanned like Bulletproof can be turned to enhance him... Bulletproof energy absorption powers even complement his current ring assisted power set, too bad it's mostly useless in a grappling match with viltrumites or in this case enthusiastically rough sex.

I didn't get an alert for yesterday's chapter. I saw it because I went looking for it, but even now QQ's alerts show Wednesday's chapter and today's, but not Thursday's. If that happened to a lot of readers, the chapter may have just been missed.

Okay, I have to ask: was there something particularly bad about yesterday's segment that I'm not seeing? Today's has already surpassed it in likes.

Update alert didn't go out, so the lurkers probably didn't see it. It's likes may increase today as people read this new one, or they could very well be extremely confused by the pacing, but just ignore the odd jump with today's update without the previous one For context.

You remember the cluster fuck with the queen of fables?

11th May 2024
23:41 GMT
Not a technique he would want to employ on an inhabited planet, but very effective under these conditions.

Anissa's tongue enters my mouth so aggressively that my teeth snap backwards, forcing me to disintegrate and replace them as she-. I can feel my bones cracking-. Reinforce! Embraces me with far too much strength for the human body! I try-. Kissing her back while also trying to reduce the pressure on my jaw before it's torn from my skull and I'm bloody glad that I was still suppressing my ability to feel pain.
I see she is Komand'r levels of bad girl. Matthew must be thrilled.

"Tech-." I restore the damage I just received. "Technically, I have infinite stamina."
What was he using for recharge again? Because even a full ring cannot keep putting him together for all that long.

I'm pretty sure this strategy only worked for a 1v1 spar. If he tried to fight Omniman and Invincible tag team they could support each other and wouldn't give him time for that big charge up antimatter hit. Also, I don't think Matthew would be willing to antimatter bomb on Earth's surface.

The thing will be if he's going the "Be stronger route" or challenging her to "Control her strength".
If the the great Nowl-Ahn can do it….
With all stuff from that universe will this Paul be looking to upgrade him self with different powers or powers besides the ring….

I'm pretty sure this strategy only worked for a 1v1 spar. If he tried to fight Omniman and Invincible tag team they could support each other and wouldn't give him time for that big charge up antimatter hit. Also, I don't think Matthew would be willing to antimatter bomb on Earth's surface.
It was mentioned that it was a good idea that Matthew implanted his Ring into his skull, considering Omni-Man's go to method for killing is to chop peoples head off. However I don't doubt that if he see Matthew survive his next go too would be to crash his skull.

And yes, so long as the Earth isn't already a wasteland, I don't see him ever using an antimatter explosion to win a fight.

The tooth damage and repair is one of the most disturbing things in this story. I get that something comparable happens with all sorts of head-on impacts outside of superpowers, but… your own body becoming shrapnel for your squishy inners… Yck.
Women of steel, Man of Kleenex.
Going to need to do a lot of reinforcement to survive snu snu with Anissa.

"Look I'm happy you hooked up with the alien superwoman but seriously!
Stop putting craters in my field, don't Viltrumites use beds for this?"

"Your beds are weak and keep breaking."

"We probably could use Viltrumite technology to make a better bed frame?"

"Human you are interrupting my mating, now leave or die!"

"Just fill in the damn crater this time when you finish!"

"We have been doing a number to the landscape recently, it's only polite to repair the damage."

"Devote your energy to regenerating your hips breeder, your talking is beginning to bore me."

Last edited:
So vidor is dead?

Also, Jevek showed up to Matthew in the bugged medical ward, so did Invincible find out that some dimensional alien contacted him for stuff?

Is it because there's implied sex in this one?
No, because this one doesn't have more likes, yesterday's just has less.
Also, what options does Invincible!Paul have for durability and strength?
At the moment? Self-fortification by ring. That's it. Ultimately, he could theoretically gain any human-compatible augmentation.
The SI doesn't know, but no. He's not exactly loving life, but he'll recover.
Also, Jevek showed up to Matthew in the bugged medical ward, so did Invincible find out that some dimensional alien contacted him for stuff?
The SI doesn't know, but he suspects that his jamming prevented that bit getting out.

Sorry if the second half of my comment was out of turn.

If my first question was okay I am honestly wondering if Invcible!Paul has the data from Main!Paul on not just X-Ionization, but also Magic and the different power formulas like the Speed formula, Danner Formula, or boosters like Cobra Venom? Especially cause this gives me a benchmark on what the other Paul's likely would have shared between each other.

I could see the Viltrum Empire finding usage in it, or just helping him stand toe to toe with a Viltrumite if he does decide to fight back, maybe even give it to the Coalition of planets.

If you want I can delete this comment if you feel it's unnecessary to the topic.

Last edited:
Sorry if the second half of my comment was out of turn.

If my first question was okay I am honestly wondering if Invcible!Paul has the data from Main!Paul on not just X-Ionization, but also Magic and the different power formulas like the Speed formula, Danner Formula, or boosters like Cobra Venom? Especially cause this gives me a benchmark on what the other Paul's likely would have shared between each other.

I could see the Viltrum Empire finding usage in it, or just helping him stand toe to toe with a Viltrumite if he does decide to fight back, maybe even give it to the Coalition of planets.

If you want I can delete this comment if you feel it's unnecessary to the topic.
You can ask what you want. ON THIS THREAD. Story Only, as the name implies, is JUST for story posts. So please don't post things there.

He got whatever data it's convenient to me that he has. His current Earth doesn't appear to have any sort of magic tradition so I doubt that he asked about that. Jevek wouldn't have volunteered it. Similarly, I doubt that he'd ask about the speed formula as it's usually not that easy to replicate in DC so there's no reason for him to assume that it's an established process. I doubt that he remembers that the Danner formula is even a thing. Venom wouldn't so anything to a viltrumite.

He's probably got crumbler technology, some force fields and some notes on using power rings in combat. Anything else... Maybe.

You can ask what you want. ON THIS THREAD. Story Only, as the name implies, is JUST for story posts. So please don't post things there.

He got whatever data it's convenient to me that he has. His current Earth doesn't appear to have any sort of magic tradition so I doubt that he asked about that. Jevek wouldn't have volunteered it. Similarly, I doubt that he'd ask about the speed formula as it's usually not that easy to replicate in DC so there's no reason for him to assume that it's an established process. I doubt that he remembers that the Danner formula is even a thing. Venom wouldn't so anything to a viltrumite.

He's probably got crumbler technology, some force fields and some notes on using power rings in combat. Anything else... Maybe.

Freeze rays?

His current Earth doesn't appear to have any sort of magic tradition so I doubt that he asked about that.

There is actually magic in the Invincible universe, it just never gets explored and/or explained.

Monster Girl's transformation is magical in origin, Midnight City's condition is due to a curse as well, Damien Darkblood is an actual demon, there's werewolves in the universe and even Dupli-Kate and her brother's powers are supposed to have some magical origin.

However, if I recall, the official Handbook for Invincible does call Magic any highly advanced technology not understood by its users and the final stage of any technological progress, where the technology can do anything with no obvious source or cause and can supposedly be activated by incantations, rituals, gestures and appeals ro higher beings. So is it actual Magic or reality warping technology that somebody forgot to turn off? Is there an actual difference? Who knows.

Edit: Oh, and considering Anissa had a child with a middle aged man with no mention or allusion that he needed constant emergency medical procedures, means that she can't control her strength with Matthew (kinda weird) or she deliberately tried to hurt him in her embrace after she saw him regenerate his arm (also weird but more in line with Anissa's character, probably a domination thing).

Last edited:
Edit: Oh, and considering Anissa had a child with a middle aged man with no mention or allusion that he needed constant emergency medical procedures, means that she can't control her strength with Matthew (kinda weird) or she deliberately tried to hurt him in her embrace after she saw him regenerate his arm (also weird but more in line with Anissa's character, probably a domination thing).
Yeah, but I don't remember it going into any detail on them, and we only see them after she's had a while to get used to the idea.

Equity (part 29) New
Day 383
A rather nice pyramid ship

After so much time living in rural primitivism, the hard lines and perfectly flat surfaces of the White Pyramid are… Jarring. Not unpleasant -honestly I find myself more relaxed than I've been for a while- but a major change from what I've been seeing for the past… Year.

The cats are a good deal more on guard. Panthro aside, they've only started encountering advanced technology in the last year, and he doesn't have much more experience than they do.

I try reaching out to the pyramid's computer systems again, and am once more rebuffed. Not by anything in particular; there's no voice saying 'access denied' or anything like that. Just a vague sense of my probe being turned aside from its target. I suppose that I might be able to force a connection, but I'd rather not risk breaking things just yet.

"Hey, look!" Wilykat points at a group of decorative statues in the next chamber. Some sort of… Ritual space, perhaps? The sarcophagus chamber should be almost directly above here. "Evil Spirit statues! It's like that place where Mumm-Ra made his sword!"

That would be a rather odd design choice if true. The room has a raised decorative pool of water at one end with a decorative fountain in the middle. The four statues face outwards from the same wall, and spreading out from there are raised beds of plants, some of which are currently fruiting.

Lion-O frowns as he takes in the statues. "Mumm-Ra had a lizard, a jackal, an ape and a vulture, not…" His brow flattens. "That's a cat."

It is, though considerably more feline in appearance than the Thunderan cats. It-. She's in the Egyptian style of putting the head of an animal -a lioness in this case- on the body of a human. Her clothing looks… Egyptian enough that I can't tell the difference. The headdress is topped by a.. round disk whose meaning I don't understand. That design of headwear is shared with the other three: cobra-headed, ibis-headed and cow-headed. Hopefully that means that they're not more of the Ancient Spirits of Evil that Mumm-Ra deals with, but it might just mean that whoever lives here happens to prefer different patrons.

Wilykit stares up at the lioness. "She looks mean."

Tygra's looking at the others. "I don't recognise them." He turns to Cheetara. "I don't suppose Jaga taught you anything about this?"

Cheetara actually glances at me for a moment before replying. "Training as a Thunderan cleric didn't involve a lot of… 'Comparative theology'."

"How closely does this resemble the ritual space Mumm-Ra used?"

Lion-O drags his eyes away from the statues and looks around. "Not much. Other than the four statues. And his were in a circle."

Tygra glances aside. "Four statues makes a square."

"I mean the space was a circle! And the statues were around it!"

"Then this probably isn't a ritual space. We should move on. Unless you're especially thirsty."

Wilykit and Wilykat look at each other, then take a step towards the fountain. I put a yellow barricade in their way, then take a pair of water skins out of subspace and float them in front of the kittens. They look up at me.

"Your mother insisted."

Wilykit looks away, shrugging. "Now I'm not thirsty."

Wilykat similarly turns his nose up. "Hm."

Children. And.. cats.

Panthro looks up at me. "This place only wanted to let you in. Do you recognise these statues?"

"They look Egyptian." I point at the cow. "Hathor." The cat. "Bastet." The ibis. "Thoth. I don't recognise the snake, and I don't remember what they were gods of."

"Not evil spirits?"

"Not as far as I remember."

I look around-. There. A door decorated with an image of the local primitives venerating a divine figure in white and gold floating above them, with the four deities leaning down to bless… Her. The disk behind the central figure is the same as that on the gods' headdresses. Which makes her the owner, I assume.

The image suggests profound arrogance, but… Mumm-Ra literally has dealings with the 'Ancient Spirits of Evil', so it's not impossible that whoever rules here was genuinely empowered by these gods and was their vassal on this world. Not a modest woman, certainly, but perhaps not on the Mumm-Ra 'kill-a-stellar-cluster-to-get-a-neat-sword' level.

I land in front of the door, and it opens to reveal a broad staircase leading upwards and curving back around to where I expect the sarcophagus chamber is. I fly-

"Hey! Wait up!"

-directly up the stairs, the door at the top showing an image of the White Pyramid and the white/gold woman standing behind it and gesturing at a group of primitives who are hard at work building a city. I land and it opens, revealing…

A mummified body. Arms and legs are wrapped in preservative bandages while the torso is wrapped in a blue cloak. It -she?- is splayed out on the floor as if she was reaching for the white and gold sarcophagus that is the room's focal point. Statues of the four gods are positioned around it in along the edge of a circle drawn in the floor.

Scan.

Distortions all around. Powerful magic I assume. No movement or sign of life from the figure on the floor. Pretty clear where she was trying to get. I drift forwards-.

Cheetara appears next to me, and takes in the scene. "She was their ruler."

"And that's her sarcophagus. If we want her knowledge we're going to have to wake her up."

"How do you know she's not another Mumm-Ra?"

"I don't. This will probably be easier if she is, because she'll be focused on getting revenge."

I pick up the.. remains with a construct gauntlet and lift the sarcophagus lid with another. The body has had part of its chest and face smashed in, and generally appears to be as free of moisture as Mumm-Ra's base form. I'm not sure if the organs have been removed in traditional Egyptian fashion or if their disappearance is just a product of her injuries or age but this is very clearly a corpse.

"We should check with Lion-O-."

I put the body into the sarcophagus and close the lid, and Cheetara draws her staff.

I scan as we wait, but I'm not detecting any change in the distortions or in the sarcophagus. I lost the ability to scan the corpse once I put it into the sarcophagus, but more mundane detection in the form of hearing and sight suggests that nothing is happening.

I float closer, looking down on the sarcophagus. Ah. In the middle of the head end there's a mounting for something that appears to have been forcibly removed. The scratching there is the only damage I've seen in this entire pyramid. The mount is a circle… The exact size of the tech stone. Which is currently in Mumm-Ra's possession.

Well, it was only a fifty percent chance-.

On the other hand…

I draw the sword of Plun-Darr and consider the Soul Stone. I suppose… It makes recharging easier but it's hardly essential. And if she only needs it to rejuvenate herself then I can just take it back afterwards.

"Hey!" Lion-O runs up the last few steps and into the sarcophagus chamber. "We-."

"I found the mummy. It looks like it requires a power stone to reanimate her. Do you intend to volunteer the War Stone?"

"Ah, no?"

"Fine." I pull the Soul Stone off my sword and place it in the mount, which after a brief delay reshapes itself to accommodate it. "Now let's see if that works."

Last edited:
I draw the sword of Plun-Darr and consider the Soul Stone. I suppose… It makes recharging easier but it's hardly essential.
Hm. When he returned from the battle with Krona, he committed himself to making a lantern. At least, I assume that's what he meant when he said he was going to create a more efficient way of recharging his ring. But if he's made a lantern already then this comment doesn't really make sense. Best guess is that he's at the skill level of being able to recharge a ring without a lantern or anything else as a crutch, but he hasn't perfected the technique yet

Thank you, corrected.
Hm. When he returned from the battle with Krona, he committed himself to making a lantern. At least, I assume that's what he meant when he said he was going to create a more efficient way of recharging his ring. But if he's made a lantern already then this comment doesn't really make sense. Best guess is that he's at the skill level of being able to recharge a ring without a lantern or anything else as a crutch, but he hasn't perfected the technique yet
He's using the Soul Stone.

Maybe I'm just confused because I'm unfamiliar with the setting. Why does he say that it isn't essential for recharging then? Or is he also using the Sword for that?
He can charge without it, but it makes charging a lot easier. As a secondary matter, he assumes that he could use the other three stones in the same way and he's planning on killing Mumm-Ra (who has two other stones) anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back