• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Afternoon
Equestria

Lightning Dust looks askance at Tempest Shadow's horn stump.

"You can cast spells with that?"
Oh, boy. I foresee some bucking back and forth as they sort out temperaments. Still, They could come out of this best friends...

Tempest doesn't seem much moved by what must be a pretty big insult. I guess she's either used to it, or thinks that someone she's going to be fighting beside deserves to know.

"No. I just fire energy blasts."

"Like, at one third power..? 'Cause you've got a third of a horn?"
<Facehoof> Dammit, filly. Do you have no filter between brain and mouth?

Tempest's eyes narrow slightly and her horn crackles a little more.

"You tell me."

Lightning blasts from Tempest's horn, striking Dust and making her convulse-. For a fraction of a second. Then she spreads her wings and water vapour precipitates out of the air, forming a small and very black cloud sheath around them which crackles with electricity. Dust looks at them nervously for a moment, then grins confidently.
Oooh, tingly. Good response, too.

Tempest looks at her curiously, then nods. "Impressive reactions."

"Impressive lightning blast. How'd you build up so fast?"

"I'm always built up."
"That's my secret, Cap. I'm always angry..." I guess that explains her mane styling, then.

"Oh yeah?" Dust saunters closer. "How's about-?" A small discharge from her doom clouds hits her in the left ear. "Ow."

Tempest raises her eyebrows.

"Let me just deal with this real quick."
Ooof, looks like she needs a little practice handling thunderheads.

She flies over to a window, kicks it open and with a flap throws the clouds outside before flying back down.

"Owowowowow!"
"Dangit, I just got my mane settled down!"

"How's about-?" She blinks, but Tempest and Buckface have already caught up with me at the other end of the corridor. "Hey!"

Buckface turns his head back towards her.

"Get a bloady move ohn."
At least he's sensible enough not to get in-between them.

Dust grimaces, then with one powerful flap shoots over to join us. Looks like Super Lesbian Horse RPG is back on. Best of luck to her. I return my attention to the door and knock lightly.
Ah, Fan-games...

"Enter."

I push the door open and trot inside, the other three following me. Luna has several sheets of paper floating in her thaumokinetic grip and a book on guard procedures in front of her. Celestia is laying on a chaise longue, sipping tea from a cup. She looks at my hirelings curiously while Luna sets her paperwork down to greet us with a smile.
How homey. And how telling that Luna's busy at work, while Celestia relaxes...

"Grayven. We understand that you have retained the service of these trainers to improve Our guard. How goes it?"

"Not great. Tempest?"
Well, time for Celestia to see just how bad her guards are at being anything other than eye-candy and living armour stands.

Tempest steps forward. "The Royal Guard are in reasonable physical condition, but there training and equipment are badly outdated. Ponies have a bad reputation for focusing on their special talents to the exclusion of other skills and whoever came up with the Guard's procedure manual did exactly that."

"Thou wouldst rather that they focus on what they are worst at?"
Yes, because they're worst at it. Better to cover your weaknesses and let your talent handle your strengths.

"When training an army, you need everyone to have standard skills. You need everyone to know what the soldiers next to them can do, even if they don't know them personally. If you don't have standard spells for unicorns, the commander can't know what the magic users under their command can do. If pegasi aren't taught standard weather manipulation techniques you can end up making a plan requiring dense fog only to discover than no one knows how to make it or use it. And as for earth ponies-."

"Theys a right buncha pantywastars a'right."
Expert words. I doubt Celestia is enjoying hearing them, given the implications that they want her 'little ponies' to be able to fight.

Tempest keeps her face carefully blank, but she does glance at Buckface in a way which indicates that she's decidedly unimpressed.

"They cannae even break wee little stones wi' their hooves. And I tried wrasslin' one o' them an' his leg snapped like a tweg."
Honestly, that's not a good measure. They don't know how to enhance themselves. Yet.

Celestia sits up, looking slightly concerned.

"You broke his leg?"

Tempest takes a half-step forward. "Princess, injuries during training happen. If anything, the fact that.. 'Buckface' could injure them so easily is part of the problem."
Besides, don't they have some measure of magical healing? Ponies with talents leaning that way, if nothing else?

Luna looks at me. "'Buckface'?"

I close my eyes, shake my head and raise my right forehoof.
Heh, already doing the wordless conversations.

"I see. And what remedy to you suggest?"

"My training techniques are a bit more realistic than running into sandbags, princess. I'll bring them up to scratch."
It'll just be a matter of how many quit, then... Some almost certainly didn't sign up for actual work.

Luna nods. "We will assign you a platoon to train, that you may show Us the fruits of your labour. Grayven tells us that you desire our aid in restoring your horn." Tempest stiffens. "How didst thou receive so grevious an injury?"

"I ran into a cave after a ball. The cave had an ursa in it."
Yowch. I read that in her wiki entry, but seeing it? Scary. And her friends' reactions? gah.

Luna blinks. "Thou wert attacked by an ursa?"

"Yes, princess."
She sounds impressed...

"At what age?"

"I was six, princess." She hesitates for a moment. "Princess, can you fix it?"
And Luna's now a lot more concerned for her, I suspect. That kind of experience would leave scars running deep. And not just on the body.

"Such chirurgies exist, but they are slow and difficult to bring to fruition. We will consult with Our physicians on the best way to proceed."

"Thank you, princess."
I see she's making this personal. She's a Good Princess.

"We will also need the location of that ursa. If it dwells so close to a pony settlement that foals are endangered We will need to encourage it to seek new accommodation."

Tempest grins cruely. "If you wait until my platoon is ready, we can handle that."
Looking for vengeance, eh? I think Luna will happily assist, but...

"We think it best to handle it at once, amd not wait until Our soldiers are trained adequately. Fear not, Tempest Shadow, if the time since Our return has taught us anything it is that thou shall have enemies aplenty. For now, consult with Our Captains as to who will be assigned to thine training platoon."

Tempest bows. "Princess."
A good soldier. She knows the Ursa will get dealt with, even if it's not her doing it... And she's able to be happy with that.

She turns to leave, Dust and Buckface following and closing the door behind them.

Luna looks at me. "Buckface?"
"A matter of honour..."

"A nickname he acquired after a fight with an adult dragon, where he received the injury you saw. He comes from your species' original homeland on the other side of the planet."

"You've been travelling? Did you bring me a gift?"
I should hope so. It's been a few hours, after all.

"Naturally." I take the wrapped box out of subspace, Celestia frowning slightly as I pass it to Luna.

She smiles in pleasure and she takes it in her thaumokinetic grip, undoes the ribbon and paper, opens the box lid and lifts out Queen Chrysalis's severed head.
Oh, boy. Now that's escalation on Taylor Hebert scales...

Well... that derails a lot of future issues. And what will Celestia have to say about it, I wonder? God only knows what's happening amongst the changelings now...

Corrections:
...but there training and equipment...
...but their training and equipment...
...discover than no one...
...discover that no one...
Tempest grins cruely.
Tempest grins cruelly.
...amd not wait until Our soldiers...
...and not wait until Our soldiers...

e14455bc3b85789798d50406f1cf029c.jpg
Are those minis custom, or do they actually make them?

okay i admit i like this update. especially with presenting the severed head of your girls enemy. but i was really digging the 40k chapters.

This is a bad look UNLESS he beheaded her when she attempted to kidnap and replace Cadance... Because otherwise he just killed the leader of a semi hostile kingdom for no other reason than to demonstrate he could.

Also poor changelings without a leader... I hope Grayven took some measures to leave someone competent in charge.

This is a bad look UNLESS he beheaded her when she attempted to kidnap and replace Cadance... Because otherwise he just killed the leader of a semi hostile kingdom for no other reason than to demonstrate he could.

That incident (kidnap and replace, Changeling infiltration/invasion) already happened. It was name-dropped in that chapter where he mocked the Palace Guard's ... performance.

That incident (kidnap and replace, Changeling infiltration/invasion) already happened. It was name-dropped in that chapter where he mocked the Palace Guard's ... performance.

Huh then shouldn't queen what's her face be a stone statue or some other shit by now? I was under the impression that after that incident she got nuked and the changelings were left with someone else in charge?

sooo, do people forget that like, the imperium, an IMPERIALIST FANATICAL OGLIARCHY, has that entire system where your descendants can be punished for you failing to follow a command or something? like that book of the whatever the fuck, and the trials can go on long after the original people are dead. and servitors. and a whole bunch of other shit that every other faction has done, but when it's the imperium of man it's suddenly perfectly okay?
Don't forget that it was formerly ruled by a literal Corporalised Daemon- and it's religious texts were written by a chaos-worshiper...

what? It's bloody obvious that regardless of its origins,Artificial and focused on soemthing other than a single emotion up to 11 or not, the entity that we know as Revelation/the EOMK WAS a daemon-possessed a vulnerable psyker (at birth), showed significant ability to warp/shape change its stolen body like some depictions I've seen of a Daemonhost-and given that, with claimed aims of a secular state, it recruited a fucking cult to run its mechanical/electronic infrastructure on the honour system- it's works were questionable at best from the start, given itd seen countless other tyrants fail at empire building on far smaller scales....

and even those concerns aside, given the endless litany of self-compounding stupidity that comprises the mil41 imperium, the only thing dumber the SI could have done then trying to seek out the bloody knife-eared murderfuckers (seriously Eldar-the poor galactic core was incapable of consent!)would be to stay in the imperium-
the fact that he knows how a fucking toaster actually works along paints a massive bullseye On his head, let alone his injection point- throw in the thousands of existential threats brewing even in the currently-peaceful agri worlds....

Last edited:
No. In the show Chrysalis just returns one day with the Changelings successfully kidnapping the Princesses and the Mane 6. Then some convoluted bullshit happens with some side characters that turns most of the Changelings into the utterly disgusting skittlebugs.

It took a long, long time for her to get stop being the leader of the Changelings.

The comics have some fun ideas on what happened in the immediate aftermath of her first appearance, though.

209622.jpeg

Good job, Shining and Cadance. You inadvertently contributed to the Luvcat extermination.

There's also a fun moment where she kidnapped the Cutie Mark Crusaders and they were annoying her, so to shut them up she exploded one of those cats right in front of them.

235034.jpeg

Damn shame that Grayven just went and killed her. Also kind of curious how that confrontation actually went given her bullshit magic nullifying throne.

Huh then shouldn't queen what's her face be a stone statue or some other shit by now? I was under the impression that after that incident she got nuked and the changelings were left with someone else in charge?

I can't recall the exact details but she wasn't turned into anything. She was blasted over the horizon. And landed in the middle of some catpeople settlement I think. They nursed her back to health and as a show of gratitude she conquered them. Or smt like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back