• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

You have "[/color]" visible.
Thank you, corrected.
Was it this story where we had the docking discussion, or am I misremembering it?
Is that what you mean by dock-blocked? Because I can't picture another meaning.
The standard pony hating mating position involves the stallion rearing up and placing his weight on the mare's haunches and dock, the dock being the base of the tail. 'Docking' in this context also euphemistically refers to the docking of the penis ship inside the vagina harbour.
So far each Alicorn had a theme, a concept to represent and rule over. What will Sunset's be?
Magic. Which does not equal friendship.
Grayven might be the Alicorn of...Unity sounds wrong...Strictness...what's a term for following a path consequently to the end? Resolution?
Conquest.

Last edited:
The Badlands
An Hour Ago

"…blood oath upon which you've sworn,
Pick a fight with an Alicorn."
Ah, Corpsman, I must admit... Sometimes, I admire your style... Always entertaining...

I raise my daiklave as I advance towards where the trembling Changeling Queen lies nursing her shattered right foreleg. I give it a little swing to test my grip, then raise it up high.

"Dumb ways to di-ie,
So many dumb ways to die."
Bwahahahahha! So true. So very true. Well, then, that makes this worthwhile.

Canterlot
Now

Luna regards me levelly for a few moments, the head floating in her thaumokinetic grip. Celestia puts her teacup down and stands, regarding me with shock.
Yep, Celestia was not expecting anything like this. I do hope she's not going to object...

A drop of green goo drips from the neck stump.

"You slew her... For me?"

"She was an enemy of the state still at large, and I am acting in your sted at the moment."
And the fact that it helps you press your suit with her plays no part in it, I suppose?:p

Luna.. blushes very slightly, not meeting my eyes. Celestia spots how she's responding and glares at her. Luna meets her eyes and lifts her head again, clearing her throat.

"We trust that she did not suffer overmuch?"
Sunbutt, she cold-cocked you (and likely Luna, offscreen) and would have used all of Canterlot as her people's larder had Twilight not suspected something was wrong. She didn't deserve an easy death...

I shake my head. "No. No. I treated the occasion with the solemnity it deserved. There are now a few thousand leaderless Changelings hanging out in a hive in the Badlands. Be careful, though, there's some sort of anti-magic field." I shrug. "Didn't do anything to disrupt my technology, but it would probably make things difficult for you."
Solemnity? You were singing 'Dumb Ways to Die' as you beheaded her.:V Nice to see he can still lie his ass off.

Luna nods, drawing herself up slightly.

"We thank you for this token-."

Celestia frowns. "Lu-na!"
Geez, Sunbutt, don't act so shocked. Guys do things like that these days.

Luna looks at her sister. "Do you know how long it was been since a knight brought Us such a token? A vile monster slain in our name, its head to be-. Pikes, We must find a pike, that Our ponies may know-."

"We're not displaying a severed head!"
Then how do you let people know the threat's gone?

Luna blinks in confusion. "Then how will our citizens know that they are safe under Our aegis?"
Yeah, what she said!

"It's fine, you don't need to display it for my sake." I step closer to Luna. "It's enough for me to know that you like it."

Her horn glows, and the head shimmers for a moment.

"There. We shall mount it upon our mantle as a momento."
A spell to preserve it (and prevent any messy drips?) Good sense.

I lean towards her and she tilts her head up towards me. I've never kissed a horse before, but-.

A golden harness forms around my chest and drags me away, Celestia glaring at me in a pointed manner.
Honestly, Sunbutt, you're acting like she's a filly. She's a big mare, you don't need to give him the shovel speech.

I Will Not Be Restrained!

The harness flickers and then dissolves, Celestia jerking her head back as it vanishes.
Heh, no ignoring this bit of God-power flexing.

Luna doesn't look impressed. "We do not recall ever acting against your swains in such a manner."

"My 'swains' had not just presented me with a head."
What, they didn't like you enough?

"Did not knights and sorcerers swear to perform mights deeds that they might earn your favour?"

"Yes, but they didn't gift wrap the proof."
Then how do you know they did it? Make a vow, go off for a few days drinking, then come back looking suitably beat-up. I wouldn't be surprised if some tried that.

"Perhaps they lacked the-."

There's a knock at the door. Both princesses look around.

"Come!" / "Enter!"
Hey, who's in charge here, huh?

A guard I don't recognise enters the room slightly nervously.

"Your magesties, Princess Twilight Sparkle asked me to inform you that Sunset Shimmer is ready for her d-."
Ah, the big day is at hand!

He spots the head and visibly double-takes.

"Ah, her demonstration."
Heh. Probably not something he sees every day. Or ever.

Celestia nods. "Where is it taking place?"

"The West Drawing Room, Princess."

"Please inform Twilight that we will be there presently."
No interfering now, Sunbutt. Gotta let the pony run wild.

The guard nods and heads out of the room at a canter. Time to put my hoof down.

"Celestia, do you have an objection to me being romantically involved with Luna?"
"Or are you building up to the old 'Shovel Speech' bit?"

Luna raises her eyebrows, her eyes fixed on her sister.

"I have concerns, but Luna is an adult mare and can make her own decisions."

"Thank you for remembering that, Sister."
Burn. Want some aloe for that one, honey?:D

"Do you have a problem with me killing Chrysalis?"

"Not in principle, but the caviller way in which you presented Luna with her head concerns me."
It's an Apokaliptian thing. What would you want him to do with an enemy's head, then?

"I refuse to feel bad about killing people like her, but that's not my usual way of handling conflicts. Chrysalis was not ensourced, deceived, possessed or insane. She was just unnecessarily malevolent and nearly enslaved your species and destroyed the world. And I didn't get her head for you."

"Of all the projects you could have chosen, why is it the military that you decided to help us with?"
That's a good question, Celestia. Let's hope you don't mind the answer.

"Because getting involved in your economics would require me to have massive amounts of information that I don't have, while the flaws of your military were obvious and dangerous to your civilisation. Protecting its citizens is the most basic job of a national government and… While I'm prepared to assume that despite appearances you aren't intentionally undermining it-."

"What do you mean by that?"
Need I repeat my complaints of 'Eye candy troops'? 'Living Armour stands'?

"You didn't tell the guard about Nightmare Moon, Discord or Sombra. You trusted Discord to capture Tirek ahead of any part of the military, and early on Tirek could easily have been killed by crossbows. You didn't pursue Chrysalis or develop changeling detection spells. Magical megaweapons are very nice to have, but given how temperamental they can be relying on them is not wise."
Especially when they have opinions about their misuse.

"Perhaps more to the point, Luna has led armies and she's at least as good a fighter as anyone in the employ of the Equestrian government. You might have welcomed her back as your equal but you haven't helped her become your equal in fact as well as theory. I will."

"Because you wish to court her."
"No, that's just because she inspires me. I want the best for her as a person."

"No, because improving political institutions is what I do. See my cutie mark?"

She glances at my haunches.
And a fine set they are. Remember, he's not an unattractive stallion.

"Strength through unity."

"Unity means the parts who know what's going on telling the parts who need to do something about it. And at the moment, your soldiers are…"
...Pathetic? Terrible? Undertrained? So many ways to say 'they suck'.

Dammit, how does Music Meister keep getting in here?!

"Everyone is
Weak and wary
All is scary
Tell me, where is
Sanctu'ry?"
Oooh, nice...

An image of the guards who panicked at the sight of me, another of the guards being gooped by changelings, blasted aside by Nightmare Moon, drained by Tirek
Honestly, they really need help...

"Tire the strong
Shield the frail
A strategy
Doomed to fail"

Celestia getting blasted by Chrysalis, Cadance collapsing in exhaustion from the strain of shielding the Crystal City by herself.
Yep, a lot of trouble, often left to decline because Sunbutt won't do something to help... Or simply can't.

"I love to change the world"

I head out of the room, light leaping from my yellow ring, transmuting the guards' armour into something a little more sensible.
And he's just getting started...

"And I know just what to do"

I glance back at the princesses as they follow me.
I can just imagine the smile on Luna's face...

"And I wonder: do you too?"

West Drawing Room is this way.
Wouldn't do to get lost during your big song.

"All your people
Keep on needing
Never heeding
Leaders bleeding
Truculence"
Nice tempo...

An image of Celestia, Luna and Cadance lying on the floor of the throne room with Tirek standing over them.
Honestly, a lot of Celestia's plans seem to be 'Hope for the best'...

"Life is easy
Skies are breezy
Learn to struggle?
Who needs trouble?"
And there's the current state of Equestrian politics: none at all, for the most part. Local mayors, sure. Anything bigger, they just leave it to Celestia. Not a good way to manage a country...

I glare as some civil servant ponies who throw themselves out of our way[/color].

"Indolence."
Heh. Unlucky blokes...

I stop and turn around to face them.

"I love to change the world
And I know just what to do
And I wonder: do you too?"
This is very much Grayven's song, all right...

I walk up to Luna and this time Celestia doesn't restrain me.

"Luna"

"Diminution
Is no solution
Revolution
Restitution
What's wrong and right?
What's strength for?"
Something Luna's been asking herself recently, I'll bet...

I look at the two of them

"Princesses
Win your war"
Challenging them to be better? Nice.

I turn away and continue towards the West Drawing Room, where Sunset will ushur in a new era, whether Equestria's ready or not. Especially whether the princesses are ready or not.
I wonder how Celestia will feel about being obsolete?

"She loves to change the world
Sunset knows just what to do
Why don't you join us too?"
And soon, we'll get to see the fruition of her storyline...

Dang, another musical bit? Flexing some writing muscles, Mr Zoat? This really does feel a bit like an episode of the show...

Godspeech:
A golden harness forms around my chest and drags me away, Celestia glaring at me in a pointed manner.

I Will Not Be Restrained!

The harness flickers and then dissolves, Celestia jerking her head back as it vanishes.

...in your sted at the moment.
...in your stead at the moment.
...mantle as a momento.
...mantle as a memento.
...perform mights deeds that they...
...perform mighty deeds that they...
"Your magesties, Princess
While it could be a local term, maybe 'majesties'?
I look at the two of them
Missing full stop.
...where Sunset will ushur in a new era...
...where Sunset will usher in a new era...
The standard pony hating position
Quite the amusing slip there...x3

So far each Alicorn had a theme, a concept to represent and rule over. What will Sunset's be?

Grayven might be the Alicorn of...Unity sounds wrong...Strictness...what's a term for following a path consequently to the end? Resolution?
Grayven is clearly the Alicorn of Trolling. Zoat can say it's conquest, but he's clearly divinely empowered to troll everyone.
It's really kind of troubling that the local magic decided to give the changeling queen a death song. F != M indeed.
I'm pretty sure that one was just Grayven, because it's the "Be Safe Around Trains" ad song.

Edit: It's also one syllable out of time, but turning "upon" into "'pon" would fix that.

Grayven is clearly the Alicorn of Trolling. Zoat can say it's conquest, but he's clearly divinely empowered to troll everyone.

.... Uhhhhhh
He might be.

Think about it, his whole ascension process was based on a deception he indulged in to troll the forever mooks, every step of the way has been built around a falsehood so strong he even believes it most of the time.

Deception and antics are his favored tools for anything that isn't clearly a thing where someone needs a quick stabbing, and even then he indulges in his shenanigans if at all practical.

Last edited:
So Sunset if going to become the Alicorn of Magic, but without the friendship part like Twilight?

I've always considered Twilight's domain to be cooperative magic rather than the entire field; there's a reason why her cutie mark has multiple stars in it, after all. (Also presumably the reason why the trigger for her discovering her special talent was connecting to Spike's magic, Rainbow Dash's, or both, as opposed to having that happen when she first actually started learning magic.)

Research, or Discovery are my two guesses.

I prefer the explanation for her cutie mark from here-

I think her special talent has to do with accomplishing and exceeding her goals. Goals are signified by the sun, and whenever someone meets a goal that goal has past. In essence, it falls like the setting of the sun. There's more. Half of the cutie mark is gold, to represent accomplishing the task. Gold metals and what not. The other half is red to represent exceeding the task, which has to do with her ambition. A red hot burning ambition.

Sunset isn't as good at magic as Twilight in the Equestria Girls series, and in fact she shows no patience for research in both Friendship Games and Forgotten Friendship, unlike Zoat's version.

But she was the queen bee of her school. An ace athlete in the Friendship Games, a top student in science and academia, a talented musician, who apparently knows martial arts too. "What Sunset wants...she gets."

In this theory, Sunset was a born winner.

So when her attempts to become an alicorn went nowhere, failure was alien to her very nature, so it's natural she freaked out, even if one discounts the theory that ponies whose talents are stymied go berserk as a matter of course.

I also think it's more interesting, but mileage may vary of course.

Sunset isn't as good at magic as Twilight in the Equestria Girls series, and in fact she shows no patience for research in both Friendship Games and Forgotten Friendship, unlike Zoat's version.

In both EG and here, she's shown a propensity for doing her own original research, as opposed to Twilight, who prefers to find out what other researchers recorded first.

Just because she doesn't have the patience for libraries doesn't mean she's not interested in actually researching how something works.

.... Uhhhhhh
He might be.

Think about it, his whole ascension process was based on a deception he indulged in to troll the forever mooks, every step of the way has been built around a falsehood so strong he even believes it most of the time.

Deception and antics are his favored tools for anything thing that isn't clearly a thing where someone needs a quick stabbing, and even then he indulges in his shenanigans if at all practical.
I may have been joking but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

The standard pony hating position involves the stallion rearing up and placing his weight on the mare's haunches and dock, the dock being the base of the tail. 'Docking' in this context also euphemistically refers to the docking of the penis ship inside the vagina harbour.
Ah. Because when I googled Docking Sex, I got something entirely different. So I googled Horse Docking, and got a bunch of stuff about tails. Horse Docking Sex got me a combination of the two, but nought of what you spoke.

Kaldur nods. "Red Rocket has informed us of a marked increase in petty thefts in western Russia, and Batman has confirmed that countries in central and eastern Europe are experiencing a similar crime wave."
Was reading the Story Only, and found an error. The name is supposed to be Rocket Red. I think remember you saying you tried making it Red Rocket, but found yourself writing Rocket Red and deciding to stick with the original name.

Was reading the Story Only, and found an error. The name is supposed to be Rocket Red. I think remember you saying you tried making it Red Rocket, but found yourself writing Rocket Red and deciding to stick with the original name.

Isn't that a leaguer talking?

It's really kind of troubling that the local magic decided to give the changeling queen a death song. F != M indeed.
I Assume it's because Chrysallis is anti-friendship Grayven just destroyed what is basically the greatest enemy to Equestrian magic. Might be cool if she was an alien or from another dimension and Wilson had a magical opposite somewhere.

Dang, another musical bit? Flexing some writing muscles, Mr Zoat? This really does feel a bit like an episode of the show...
I wrote that bit a while ago.
Corrections. Must have been written a while back...
Um... Yeeeeees.
...in your stead at the moment.
...mantle as a memento.
...perform mighty deeds that they...
While it could be a local term, maybe 'majesties'?
Missing full stop.
...where Sunset will usher in a new era...
Quite the amusing slip there...x3
Thank you, corrected.
Do I need to link to the Tree of Harmony Melting Ponies video again?
Edit: It's also one syllable out of time, but turning "upon" into "'pon" would fix that.
Thank you, corrected.

Ah. Because when I googled Docking Sex, I got something entirely different. So I googled Horse Docking, and got a bunch of stuff about tails. Horse Docking Sex got me a combination of the two, but nought of what you spoke.
I'm at work at the moment and so I can't click on those links.
Thank you, corrected.

Why do I have the feeling that Princess Luna was the Warmaster of Equestria?

That once peace was achieved, she was given nightduties thus mostly sidelined from
actualy ruling the place.

Curious and curiouser?

Is Celestia a manipulative mastermind who deliberately undermined Luna because she
didn't quite fit with her vision of Equestria? Or was she so blind that she didn't notice that
her sister was shaffing under her.

Why do I have the feeling that Princess Luna was the Warmaster of Equestria?

That once peace was achieved, she was given nightduties thus mostly sidelined from
actualy ruling the place.

Curious and curiouser?

Is Celestia a manipulative mastermind who deliberately undermined Luna because she
didn't quite fit with her vision of Equestria? Or was she so blind that she didn't notice that
her sister was shaffing under her.
luna_the_warmaster_by_stellarcult_dd2holy-fullview.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back