• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

So Sinestro is just that good without being enlightened?

Atrocitus can make rings so chances are he is enlightened and Natromo comes from a species that was exposed to the indigo light for most of their history and is also capable of making rings, so yeah chances are he is also enlightened.
Plus I think you said that.

Does this version know his name is Paul, or is he incapable of thinking it like the other versions?

If he can't think it then what does he call himself, aside from his title Lord Protector?

Can you make a list about the names all the currently shown alternates use, aside from their superhero/villain/person monikers?

Is this the first time we've seen this particular world? I've lost track at this point.

Does this version know his name is Paul, or is he incapable of thinking it like the other versions?
All versions know that their name is Paul.
If he can't think it then what does he call himself, aside from his title Lord Protector?
He doesn't. How often do you call yourself by your name?
Can you make a list about the names all the currently shown alternates use, aside from their superhero/villain/person monikers?
Yes. But I am not going to.

Does he have any name aside from Lord Protector that others call him and what is it?

If he starts a romantic relationship with Khoah I assume she would call him by his name rather than his title, or affectionate words like beloved or my love, at least when their in private.

And while I'm sure that she'll demand an explanation, I've taught her to do things like that in private. And even if I hadn't, she wouldn't undermine me in front of the man she hates.
I imagine that explanation will be something along the lines of:

"Sorry but this is the best option. If you killed him it would inspire hatred and rebellion in the rest of the cats and if he stayed he would have undercut my authority, better he just leaves. Sometimes we need to give up our personal desires for the greater good no matter how we feel."
"I am extremely fond of Khoah, and… She's fond of me. Her husband died a while ago, and he was by all accounts a fine man. I have no desire to insult his memory, but I would like to pursue her romantically. So I would like to know how long I should leave it."
It occurs to me if he starts dating Khoah wouldn't that make him the Kittens' new stepdad? Cause that is going to be an awkward relationship for a while. Especially since I highly doubt He will be allowing the two of them to do anything dangerous and will pull them away by force if needed whether they like it or not. Sorry kids, you new Stepdad isn't letting you go on any adventure and that is final, kids show or not!

Does he have any name aside from Lord Protector that others call him and what is it?

If he starts a romantic relationship with Khoah I assume she would call him by his name rather than his title, or affectionate words like beloved or my love, at least when their in private.
You clearly think I put far more thought into these things than I actually do.

Yes of course I think you put that much thought into these things.

Antagonists. Paul here is doing things, it is Lion-O who is reacting. Lion-O is the protaganist, which is why is is perfectly normal for Paul to monologue to his captive audience.
...I was referring to Lion-O, and the talking noises from the start that Yaul was ignoring.

Time to update the list of Pauls.

1. Paragon SI = Earth 16A (Young Justice), eventually becomes the "Future SI" briefly seen in Fool's Canon
  2. Renegade SI/"Grayven" = Earth16B (Young Justice)
  3. "Peter Wynne" = Earth 12 (DC Animated Universe)
  4. Red Lantern = Earth ??? (Teen Titans 2003)
  5. "Saul Talbot" = Earth ??? (The Boys)
  6. Power Ring Blue = Earth -14 (unseen universe from the DCAU's version of COTE)
  7. Avenger SI = Earth 8096 (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
  8. S.W.O.R.D. SI = Earth 199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
  9. Mandate SI/Time Trapper = Earth 16C (alt-timeline caused by time travel)
  10. Anti-Green Lantern/Slave SI = Earth ??? (Justice League Animated Pitch)
  11. Eros Paragon SI = Earth 16D (Young Justice)
  12. Sybarite = Earth ??? (unknown incarnation of DC
  13. Survivor SI = Earth ??? (Fallout)
  14. Eternian SI = ??? (He-Man 2002 Animated Series
  15. False Angel SI = Earth ??? (Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay)
  16. Fantasy SI = ??? (Warhammer Fantasy)
  17. Grimdark SI = ??? (Warhammer 40K)
  18. Lord Protector = Third Earth (ThunderCats 2011)

Given everything I felt it was prudent to update the list. Did I leave anyone out?

I imagine that explanation will be something along the lines of:

Alternatively:

"Lion-O is a lightning rod for Mumm-Ra's attention. It is best for him to continue to act in that way; while satisfying, killing him would just hasten the time when Mumm-Ra turns his gaze in our direction."

Did Dox alter himself with the ring to gain a 12th level intellect?
If he didn't then why not?

If you were to choose a anime universe to write a version of the SI that ended up there then which one would it be?

The first never describes what the world is like outside of Japan

Actually, OPM doesn't take place in Japan. It takes place on an alternate version of Earth where the majority of the planet's landmass is part of a single supercontinent, much like Dragonball before it, the locals call it Earth, but it definitely isn't the same Earth we live on.

The cat-girl romance is becoming a theme.

Oh, I'd be fine, but everything I've been building would be utterly destroyed.
Picked the 'wrong' starting quest it seems. Chose to found a kingdom rather than start a one-man war.
Great for the people under his protection. Rather bad for everyone else Mumm-Ra is screwing with.

Clearly, between this, romancing Komand'r in another reality (Tamaraneans are feline-descended), and Grayven both having that threesome with her and Koriand'r and now romancing Luna, Zoat has at least some furry tendencies. (I, for one, approve. Well, except for Luna, but that's because I've avoided watching MLP out of a desire to protect what's left of my Y chromosome. ;) )

Did Dox alter himself with the ring to gain a 12th level intellect?
If he didn't then why not?
No, because 1) he doesn't trust the ring and 2) that would make him genetically identical to his father, whom he hates.
If you were to choose a anime universe to write a version of the SI that ended up there then which one would it be?
If I pick Konosuba, can the goddess give me a lantern as a signing on bonus?
Actually, OPM doesn't take place in Japan. It takes place on an alternate version of Earth where the majority of the planet's landmass is part of a single supercontinent, much like Dragonball before it, the locals call it Earth, but it definitely isn't the same Earth we live on.
Oh, I didn't know that.

Still wouldn't want to live there.
The cat-people are at least cat people. The dogfolk just have dog heads stuck on.
Picked the 'wrong' starting quest it seems. Chose to found a kingdom rather than start a one-man war.
Great for the people under his protection. Rather bad for everyone else Mumm-Ra is screwing with.
It wouldn't be a one-man war. It would be 'can I kill him fast enough, because I only get one shot at this'?
Clearly, between this, romancing Komand'r in another reality (Tamaraneans are feline-descended), and Grayven both having that threesome with her and Koriand'r and now romancing Luna, Zoat has at least some furry tendencies. (I, for one, approve. Well, except for Luna, but that's because I've avoided watching MLP out of a desire to protect what's left of my Y chromosome. ;) )
As far as I remember, Third Earth 2011 doesn't have humans living on it. If it was the original Thundercats, then yes, the SI would be making a choice regarding fur-no fur.

There are for female romance options. Three of them are cats.

Manga already explained part of the background history, not only this isn't earth the struggle between humans and monsters tribes has been going on for aeons, humans won a war aeons ago and exterminated most of the other races and thus achieved 'peace' but modern humans grew weak and the monsters are fighting back now...

There are two known types of 'monsters' the natural ones (tribes, aliens, etc), and human monsters (humans that become monsters even if they retain a human form), sweet mask explains it, but going any further is a huge spoiler.

Dox seemed angry that Brainiac gave him a lower intellect than his so giving himself one that rivals him would be a nice way to spite him.
If he is worried about being genetically identical to his father then he could alter something else about himself and then give himself the brain boost, though yeah he may not be thinking rationally there given the hatred.

Who are the other three romance options that yellow Paul has, aside from Khoha?

If I pick Konosuba, can the goddess give me a lantern as a signing on bonus?
I dont known if she could do that, but she very likely could give you the capability to make one, like that one adventurer who got the ability to create technological marvels, super weapons and even turn people into crimson demons.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back