• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Why do I suspect that Time Trapper may not be playing on the level here?

Because if he thought working with Krona, despite most likely knowing about his reputation, was a good idea at one point then he is either very stupid or very shady.

This is going to be a JL Odyssey Epoch situation.

Plus, did Time Trapper Paul just call him one of the weaker Orange lanterns? Is it our OL?

It's common sense OL.

He didn't do the telepathic training exercise that allowed paragon to merge with best snake and he didn't steal an alien supercomputer that belonged to an evil god to give himself powers without giving much thought to consequences, so he isn't as strong as those two, but he is still a very strong and skilled lantern, just more like an Olympic athlete compared to paragons Captain America.

So Time Trapper is a Paul?

And his goal is what,to return to Earth Prime?

Fix all the multiverse?

I AM CONFUSION!
He was part of the timeline where China ruled the world, or at least ruled the United States and some parts of Asia. His timeline wasn't meant to last, I think, but instead of letting it disappear he became Time Trapper, simultaneously replacing the last Time Trapper while also becoming the only one to ever exist, and is attempting to find a way to make it so his timeline can exist.

So Time Trapper is a Paul?

And his goal is what,to return to Earth Prime?

Fix all the multiverse?

I AM CONFUSION!
No, he's the paul from the offshoot timeline that isn't supposed to exist any more. He's trying to find a way to let his entire world continue surviving, ideally without murdering all the other universes/timelines/realities in the process. He seems to have found a good route to that, but it would take cooperation of other timelines and people and shit us currently going down because Krona is duckimg everything up.

Time Trapper is a Paul but his goal isn't to return to Earth Prime, it's too remake Earth 16 into the version we saw where China rules

That, or maybe to make the multiverse a better place by manipulating time, like Epoch in JL Odyssey, who tried to alter time, but in a more 'surgical' manner compared to other more blunt manners.

Now we just wait for Azrael to make an appearance.

I am liking the episode, the constant POV changes are neat so long as you manage to immediately figure out who is the new POV now.

I think this whole episode will be a lot better once we can read the whole thing in a single sitting.

I wonder if Mr Zoat can be convinced to hyperlink the first appearance of each Paul whenever the POV changes.

I'd much rather have worked with Brainiac than with Krona. And not just because Krona backstabbed me after agreeing to a limited partnership. If I'd been able to talk Brainiac into helping me, then we'd have completed my project as safely as possible. With Krona on the rampage… It'll be riskier. At least he'll have good data.
And it's official, Time Trapper is the Final Boss of this arc.

Hopefully, there's a solution which doesn't just involve slamming coloured beams at one another until one side breaks.

HERESY!!! People like you are the reason Ambush Bug has so much work!

I'd much rather have worked with Brainiac than with Krona. And not just because Krona backstabbed me after agreeing to a limited partnership.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ TT! You approached him? What were you thinking?! There's desparate and then there's suicidally genre blind. This whole mess is on him then? Save Scumming is a fine tactic but it's not something you use on the likes of Krona

I'd much rather have worked with Brainiac than with Krona. And not just because Krona backstabbed me after agreeing to a limited partnership. If I'd been able to talk Brainiac into helping me, then we'd have completed my project as safely as possible. With Krona on the rampage… It'll be riskier. At least he'll have good data.
This makes me want to see Controller Time Trapper come back. If only because I think that is the only way Time Trapper Paul will find peace: in oblivion.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ TT! You approached him? What were you thinking?! There's desparate and then there's suicidally genre blind. This whole mess is on him then? Save Scumming is a fine tactic but it's not something you use on the likes of Krona
He's Time Trapper, self sabotage is quite literally a part of his character.

Honestly, while kind of interesting, this whole arc has been a giant letdown. For how long it was teased, the big multi-crossover has kind of failed. We've just bounced around a bit between different versions and clayface. Instead of OL going on a mindfuck journey across time and space where things get crazy, the dispersed viewpoints kind of rob it of any impact.
You're welcome to your opinion, and I couldn't disagree with you more. I'm glad it wasn't JUST about OL. He's our SI but he doesn't HAVE to play the staring role all the time. I've really enjoyed the multiple viewpoints and coming to know other Paul's and their motivations. I'm surprised to feel positive about Raul but he's really grown on me. Lots of thing have had to go right, with quite a few important players, to get this far and I'm pleased we've seen all those players.

Man even if Time Trapper managed to figure out how to save his timeline from non-existence there's going to be at least half a dozen Pauls who are going to be pissed, not already counting the red ring Paul's, who's Jade or significant other was caught in the crossfire of Krona's plan. Most of them maybe 'heroes' of one shade or another but that mostly out of survival given the nature of the new worlds they found themselves in, but I wouldn't put it past them to come to the collective conclusion that if he continues to exist there exist a chance of another crisis, so they either in prison him or execute him.

At least he'll have good data.
Who 'he' is isn't clear to me. Also, in context, the sentence is confusing.

Interesting episode, this whole arc's been fun.

Now we're sure who TT is (yes, we might have guessed, but, time travel messes-up most logic), and what his objectives are might be clearer. I'm wondering how much subjective time he's been in the DC setting - decades? centuries? longer? That sort of thing can really mess you up.

And, looks like he's not has a Ring to help him stay stable (if you think they do that...).

Not really a fan of the "oh, you can't make big changes or time gets angry" thing . . . But I think Time Trapper is trying to find a way to make his doomed timeline into a fully realized part of the Multiverse.

I don't think he plans to erase any other timelines or universes to make it happen, though from the sound of things I also don't think he'd care if that was the price to be paid.

As is typical for an orange, he is supremely selfish.

Not really a fan of the "oh, you can't make big changes or time gets angry" thing . . . But I think Time Trapper is trying to find a way to make his doomed timeline into a fully realized part of the Multiverse.

I don't think he plans to erase any other timelines or universes to make it happen, though from the sound of things I also don't think he'd care if that was the price to be paid.

As is typical for an orange, he is supremely selfish.

Welp I think many people suspected we were going to see a version of Paul that got his MINE! MINE! tendencies make him do some pretty shitty things that hurt a lot of innocent people.

There's this YJ fic on SB called Judiciary Misadventures that has the author say what the Light is thinking after the Roanoke incident happened.

Luthor is worried and pissed that it happened, as he should be as several chapters later we see that people discovered what happened and his company was seized from him with him either being on the run, dead or imprisoned awaiting execution.
The Brain was still mourning Mallah's death and may be building a base on the moon.
Savage doesn't care.
Ras was drinking wine that ironically could have only been made with modern tech, the fact that he uses a pit that drives people insane and his closest companions are all fanatically loyal and brainwashed cultists has not helped him in the intelligence department.
Bee is doing something similar, lounging in her victory deluding herself that she is in power and that no one will come to take it away from her, all of which her brainwashed thralls agree with.
Spoiler Byalia goes into civil war and collapses.

Really recommend the fic, it is hilarious:D
OK, this seems like something that I'll want to take a look at, so thank you.

Honestly, while kind of interesting, this whole arc has been a giant letdown. For how long it was teased, the big multi-crossover has kind of failed. We've just bounced around a bit between different versions and clayface. Instead of OL going on a mindfuck journey across time and space where things get crazy, the dispersed viewpoints kind of rob it of any impact.

I could point out these kind of arcs have always been a letdown since Zero Hour at the very least.

There is a reason why when done as cartoons they did them in two episodes or a single movie.

I feel… Under levelled.
I suspect there is a lot of that going around.

As to the arc itself… it has been interesting even if confusing and unengaging due to the constant shifts. My main concern however is what sort of fallout it will have. If everything just goes back to how it was or if things just continue as if nothing of import happened then the arc and all its build-up will indeed have been very much wasted.

I suspect there is a lot of that going around.

As to the arc itself… it has been interesting even if confusing and unengaging due to the constant shifts. My main concern however is what sort of fallout it will have. If everything just goes back to how it was or if things just continue as if nothing of import happened then the arc and all its build-up will indeed have been very much wasted.

Zoat said the paragon will remember this, so maybe even if he does alter time to go to the past and stop this from happening he will still remember it, unless Zoat decided to change things and have him forget.

I 100% agree, the disappearance of OL without any acknowledgement, the constant perspective shifts, the focusing on characters that I, and I imagine most other readers, couldn't care less about and the inability to stay concentrated on a specific scene, like jumping from OL finally returning to a story that's meant to be about him just to then immediately jump to another character we don't give a shit about

Its a shame, I was really looking forward to this arc but now it's joined Mandate and the Heaven arcs as my least favourite ones that I'm just skimming through as they're updated and will read through properly once it's finished then ignore its existence hoping that it never comes up again

I 100% agree, the disappearance of OL without any acknowledgement, the constant perspective shifts, the focusing on characters that I, and I imagine most other readers, couldn't care less about and the inability to stay concentrated on a specific scene, like jumping from OL finally returning to a story that's meant to be about him just to then immediately jump to another character we don't give a shit about

Its a shame, I was really looking forward to this arc but now it's joined Mandate and the Heaven arcs as my least favourite ones that I'm just skimming through as they're updated and will read through properly once it's finished then ignore its existence hoping that it never comes up again

Yeah it is difficult considering that we have been used to only seeing the POV of the mc and not that much of other characters.

This is actually pretty good to be honest, but we just aren't used to it, unlike in say Life Ore Death where we got different POV from the other characters early on and got used to it, but in this fic we are used to only reading about the mc's POV and just find it difficult with the constantly changing POV.

The only aspect of the perspective shifting I've found unsatisfying is Paragon getting captured off screen. Though I do like the suggestion of linking to their first interlude; maybe the "timestamps" could be linkified? Though most recent interlude might be better than first.

Anyone feel like making a poor man's threadmark list for each of the variant Pauls? Color/Universe(/variant trait, like Common Sense, if U is Young Justice), then a list of the insallments, in order, they appeared in.

Superboy Prime was a Time Trapper?

In the comics

9746a61636d3180f518754b8eff47edd71e1de6b_hq.jpg

At this point I would pick a universe and copy paste Earth's from defunct timelines and copy paste them to another universe. China timeline still gets to be defunct, but a copy of China-OL Solar System is copied to Paragon OL's universe, but just a few dozen light years over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back