• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

He invoked Eris, on Themyscria.
Oh I'm dumb lol, I just saw the opportunity for the masturbation joke and I took it.

Not gonna lie tho, now that I think about it a "Paul adopts a spider-Lynne" arc would be really interesting. You don't see humans adopting non-humanoid aliens much in Sci-Fi, so it would be an interesting avenue to explore. Like, sure you can find a Tamaranian baby cute, it's basically a human baby with orange skin. But can you find a tarantula baby cute?

12th April
13:02 GMT +3

"Ho, Arachneros! Did they throw you out?"
Let me guess, Themysciran Greek for Spider-Lover?

I turn at the sound of Zosime's voice, and raise my right hand in greeting as she marches down the street towards me.

"No, but since the whole point of coming here is to get King Orin and King Cyprian to come to understand one another's state of mind, I felt that my ongoing presence was at best a distraction."
Ah, one of the Amazons involved in Johnny Sorrow's attack on the Royal Vaults. The one who get fused into a mirror, yes?

She comes to a halt just before me, and I notice that her civilian clothing is cut to show off as much of her reflective skin as it can without passing beyond what Amazons consider 'polite' clothing.
Taking advantage of her transformation, eh? I bet she's gotten some attention because of it.

"And at worst?"

"I'd appear to be a threat by one party to the other. And 'arachneros'? Really?"
Okay, who told the Amazons about his little 'indiscretion' in Vega? Did OL tell the story himself offscreen at some festival, and people jumped to conclusions because Eris?

She makes an amused snorting noise, raises her right fist with her index and middle fingers extended and then curves them.

"Okay, one, her genital slit isn't the right shape for that to do anything, two, she's got one on each side, so-"
And besides, he thought it was a spiracle. She didn't say anything about it before he went diving in!

I raise both fists, both index and middle fingers extended.

"-you'd want both hands or you'd leave half of her wanting-"
Wouldn't do to leave a lady unsatisfied, and we know OL takes that sort of thing seriously.

Zosime doubles over, wracked by silent hysteria.

"-and three, with the size difference it's really more-"

I clench my fists and punch with my right fist while drawing my left back. Then I punch with my left while withdrawing my right. Right forwards left back, left back right forward.
I'm guessing spider-guild mating doesn't involve a lot of motion...

A small crowd is beginning to congregate, and those closest are giggling and whispering explanations to those further back.

"-like that. And anyway, I wouldn't want to claim the title based on a single encounter."
And yet he's clearly had quite some though put into the matter, just in case?

"Wha-? Whe-? When do you think you should g-g-get it?"

"When she invites me back having sent her attendants out of the room and having arranged for eggsitters and grubsitters to look after her offspring, and I walk in to find her pre-lubricated with decorative lace negligee covering her thorax."
A lady who takes control of matters, eh? I fear for the being who can keep up with her... o_O Also, that'd be a lot of lace...

Zosime is still silently guffawing, but now she moues and a faint moaning sound emerges as I lean closer.

"And now perhaps you've learned better than to try and embarrass a discordian."
Ah, he was playing it for laughs... I hope Eris is paying attention. This is exactly the sort of thing she wants him doing. I mean, does he still have the Anti-Scrying tattoos on, or at least added an exception for her? Then again, she can probably see the commotion he's causing.

"Yes. Learned."

I straighten up.

"Because let me tell you, our last meeting was purely professional. She's doing well, her branch of the Guild is doing well, and there are absolutely no drider babies."
...Dang spoilers in thread... Now I'm wondering just how human-like the next generation of Spider-Guild looks.

Zosime pulls herself upright and makes an effort to compose herself.

"Drider?"
Oh, you have got to get the ladies hooked on D&D. Tell them it's like play-acting the tales of heroes. I bet they'd go in for a much more detailed combat system than the normal game, though...

"Like a centaur, but rather than having horse-parts-."

Her eyes widen, her mouth wobbles and she raises her right hand. "N-no, no, I can picture it."
They're definitely one for the leg-lovers. Of course, there's boy driders too, for the ladies.

"Of course, it's not like I'm the only one. When I visited, I found out that they-. I don't know if they were paying customers, or if it was a mutual interest thing, but there were several people more directly engaged than I was, and without my excuse."

She looks at me in disbelief.

"There..?"
And now I'm wondering if he's playing oblivious for laughs here, just to troll them harder.

"I mean, okay, sailors, but given that most of them had mixed sex crews they clearly had alternatives."

"Do the..? Male spiders look like..?
Oh, god no. I mean, sure, some xenophiles might go that far...

I generate a life size construct of a regular Guilder.

"Like that."
Keep in mind, they do look like spiders who walk upright. Not even close to any Human standard of attractiveness... Except maybe the aforementioned Xenophiles...

One of the women on the crowd takes a step closer, peering at it in clear distaste.

"With-? With that? Why would anyone knowingly do such a thing?"
I know, right?

"Really?" I gaze at her levelly. She returns my gaze, giving her head a small shake. "You've been on this island for three thousand years, and you've never even considered looking for a companion who isn't a human woman?"

A couple of women in the crowd look away, while I walk closer to the spider-sceptic and lay my right arm over her shoulder.
Oh-ho, some xenophiles in the crowd, I see? I wonder, Dryads, or Naiads? Or where they after a more heterosexual experience. What's the earthen equivalent of a Dryad?

"Because if so, as a disciple of Eris, I feel obliged to help you out. With could start with a member of another humanoid species, or someone totally non-corporeal? Or how to you feel about automata?"

That gets a slightly larger portion of the crowd shuffling. Even I've heard the jokes about how popular 'demi-automata massage aids' have become, and I'm hardly ever here. I'm pretty sure that Philippus was blushing when she asked me about getting Themyscira's power grid set up.
x3 I do hope they invested in rechargable batteries.:V

I donated a bleed torsion generator to the cause.

The sceptic brushes my arm off.

"I'm perfectly happy with my wives, thank you. And-"
Suuuure you are. But maybe one of them would like to spice things up? Cosmetics, perhaps? Temporary prosthetics? OL can arrange it.

My ring blinks.

"-I am not-."

"I'm very sorry." I raise my ring so that it's more obvious. "I need to take this. Answer."
Possibly the first time an Amazon has had that pulled on them, except maybe involving Diana.

The Guilder construct is replaced by a full-sized image of Koriand'r, in traditional Tamaranian dress. That gets more than a few appreciative looks from the Themysciran women.

"Lantern Koriand'r, what can I do for you?"
Ah, now this is the sort of fun the Amazons can get behind. And in front of. Sort of all-round cuddling, really. OL really needs to invite the princesses here sometime... I suspect they'd be quite popular. :D

She smiles at me.

"Illustres. I have… A situation which I think you would want me to bring to your attention."

"Okay, thank you for your consideration. What is-"
:rolleyes: Better than the last time. We all remember what happened there.

She looks at something slightly out of shot.

"-it?"

"I have been trying to improve relations between the Queen of the Spider Guild and the rest of Vega. It is.. difficult, but I will maintain the peace."
Oh, that can't be easy. She's not one for taking on small problems, is she?

"I'm glad to hear it."

"But the Queen-."

Something, a small Guilder, jumps onto her shoulders and peers in the direction of the 'camera'.

"Daddy?!"
Good thing OL has total control of his metabolism, some men would faint dead away at that sort of thing. x3 Oh, dear... Did the Amazons around him see that? Well, he ain't getting rid of that nickname anytime soon!

I can just imagine the headache OL would be feeling without the Ring... Seriously, when did the Queen get a sample of his DNA? I find it highly unlikely he'd ever have lowered his environmental field at any time in Vega... Or was that a more metaphorical 'Daddy'? Perhaps this new generation is primed for Lanternhood and consider him their father in spirit? Let's hope we find out tomorrow! :cool:

Not gonna lie tho, now that I think about it a "Paul adopts a spider-Lynne" arc would be really interesting. You don't see humans adopting non-humanoid aliens much in Sci-Fi, so it would be an interesting avenue to explore. Like, sure you can find a Tamaranian baby cute, it's basically a human baby with orange skin. But can you find a tarantula baby cute?

It would be interesting and have you seen a baby tarantula those little suckers are adorable.

....at this point, Eris has to give Paul a significant blessing of some kind (like Helios gave Kon), because Paul is basically a Lord of Chaos without even trying.
I wonder how much effort Paul is putting into learning magic. I know that it would take years to decades to get anything meaningful, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and he has every reason to think he has time.

Oh I'm dumb lol, I just saw the opportunity for the masturbation joke and I took it.

Not as hard as you might think, depending on the species.
spider-photo-u1

All she would need is some of his DNA. They have the tech for that level of genetic engineering.

Paul: But....I only gave her a massage!

Amazons: *Dying of laughter in the background* Arachneros indeed! Does Euanthe need to be worried?

Eris: All according to plan.

Chaos Worshippers: SASUGA Paul-Sama!

Zeus may have once impregnated a woman by turning into a shower of gold, so sticking his dick into a vagina may not be necessary to impregnate a woman.

Paul is technically a demigod now because of his orange light soul, so who knows what interesting things could happen when he touches someone.

There was this issue of Red Sonja where she has sex with a male forest god after rescuing him from a witch and said god later on creates a daughter after being inspired by Sonja. Euanthe seemed interested in Paul and his meat.

12th April
13:02 GMT +3

I turn at the sound of Zosime's voice, and raise my right hand in greeting as she marches down the street towards me.

"No, but since the whole point of coming here is to get King Orin and King Cyprian to come to understand one another's state of mind, I felt that my ongoing presence was at best a distraction."

She comes to a halt just before me, and I notice that her civilian clothing is cut to show off as much of her reflective skin as it can without passing beyond what Amazons consider 'polite' clothing.

"And at worst?"

"I'd appear to be a threat by one party to the other. And 'arachneros'? Really?"

She makes an amused snorting noise, raises her right fist with her index and middle fingers extended and then curves them.

"Okay, one, her genital slit isn't the right shape for that to do anything, two, she's got one on each side, so-"

I raise both fists, both index and middle fingers extended.

"-you'd want both hands or you'd leave half of her wanting-"

Zosime doubles over, wracked by silent hysteria.

"-and three, with the size difference it's really more-"

I clench my fists and punch with my right fist while drawing my left back. Then I punch with my left while withdrawing my right. Right forwards left back, left back right forward.

A small crowd is beginning to congregate, and those closest are giggling and whispering explanations to those further back.

"-like that. And anyway, I wouldn't want to claim the title based on a single encounter."

"Wha-? Whe-? When do you think you should g-g-get it?"

"When she invites me back having sent her attendants out of the room and having arranged for eggsitters and grubsitters to look after her offspring, and I walk in to find her pre-lubricated with decorative lace negligee covering her thorax."

Zosime is still silently guffawing, but now she moues and a faint moaning sound emerges as I lean closer.

"And now perhaps you've learned better than to try and embarrass a discordian."

"Yes. Learned."

I straighten up.

"Because let me tell you, our last meeting was purely professional. She's doing well, her branch of the Guild is doing well, and there are absolutely no drider babies."

Zosime pulls herself upright and makes an effort to compose herself.

"Drider?"

"Like a centaur, but rather than having horse-parts-."

Her eyes widen, her mouth wobbles and she raises her right hand. "N-no, no, I can picture it."

"Of course, it's not like I'm the only one. When I visited, I found out that they-. I don't know if they were paying customers, or if it was a mutual interest thing, but there were several people more directly engaged than I was, and without my excuse."

She looks at me in disbelief.

"There..?"

"I mean, okay, sailors, but given that most of them had mixed sex crews they clearly had alternatives."

"Do the..? Male spiders look like..?

I generate a life size construct of a regular Guilder.

"Like that."

One of the women on the crowd takes a step closer, peering at it in clear distaste.

"With-? With that? Why would anyone knowingly do such a thing?"

"Really?" I gaze at her levelly. She returns my gaze, giving her head a small shake. "You've been on this island for three thousand years, and you've never even considered looking for a companion who isn't a human woman?"

A couple of women in the crowd look away, while I walk closer to the spider-sceptic and lay my right arm over her shoulder.

"Because if so, as a disciple of Eris, I feel obliged to help you out. We could start with a member of another humanoid species, or someone totally non-corporeal? Or how do you feel about automata?"

That gets a slightly larger portion of the crowd shuffling. Even I've heard the jokes about how popular 'demi-automata massage aids' have become, and I'm hardly ever here. I'm pretty sure that Philippus was blushing when she asked me about getting Themyscira's power grid set up.

I donated a bleed torsion generator to the cause.

The sceptic brushes my arm off.

"I'm perfectly happy with my wives, thank you. And-"

My ring blinks.

"-I am not-."

"I'm very sorry." I raise my ring so that it's more obvious. "I need to take this. Answer."

The Guilder construct is replaced by a full-sized image of Koriand'r, in traditional Tamaranian dress. That gets more than a few appreciative looks from the Themysciran women.

"Lantern Koriand'r, what can I do for you?"

She smiles at me.

"Illustres. I have… A situation which I think you would want me to bring to your attention."

"Okay, thank you for your consideration. What is-"

She looks at something slightly out of shot.

"-it?"

"I have been trying to improve relations between the Queen of the Spider Guild and the rest of Vega. It is.. difficult, but I will maintain the peace."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"But the Queen-."

Something, a small Guilder, jumps onto her shoulders and peers in the direction of the 'camera'.

"Daddy?!"

ooooooooh no..... he's gonna regret his former line of conversation!
this is going to spread like wildfire, and....
i have a good feeling that within a few weeks, literally nobody will remember the "cake man" incident, and he'll be missing the good old days of being complimented on his dancing....

ooooooooh no..... he's gonna regret his former line of conversation!
this is going to spread like wildfire, and....
i have a good feeling that within a few weeks, literally nobody will remember the "cake man" incident, and he'll be missing the good old days of being complimented on his dancing....

He may be complimented on his skills in pleasuring women though.

The Queen did seem to like having him around.

It's possible that they're capable of asexual reproduction, in which case it could be a cultural norm that the nominal parent is the one responsible for the stimulation to trigger it? The ability to produce offspring from a genetically incompatible pair bonding might be a genuinely evolutionarily favorable trait in a society with multiple sentient species mingling.

Mr Zoat the word you want is "Arachnoerastis"
which is a compound word made from arachni (spider) + erastis (lover).
What you had written is practically meaningless to any greek speaker but as a direct translation could be interpreted as "spider love" and not "spider lover" as was your goal.

Mr Zoat the word you want is "Arachnoerastis"
which is a compound word made from arachni (spider) + erastis (lover).
What you had written is practically meaningless to any greek speaker but as a direct translation could be interpreted as "spider love" and not "spider lover" as was your goal.
Well... Yes. If she literally said 'spider fucker' the ring would have translated it. It's not supposed to make good linguistic sense, it's a nickname, combining his love of the octopedal form with his own name suffix.

Well... Yes. If she literally said 'spider fucker' the ring would have translated it. It's not supposed to make good linguistic sense, it's a nickname, combining his love of the octopedal form with his own name suffix.
No what I am saying is as a native speaker what she said made no sense, the reaction of any greek to what she said would be "eh?"
Also the greek language (modern or ancient) does not work like that.

If you want a nickname that incorporates "his love of the octopedal form" may I suggest "arachnakias" or "arachnis" ?
(both of those are teasing to some extent even if the second one is closer to a proper name)

Unless you want to go vulgar in which case I suggest "arachnogamias" which is indeed what you think it is.

Last edited:

Paul in particular has orange light enlightenment and practice altering his own brain. So for him specifically: easy! If he wants to he will, natural reaction be damned.

I wonder how much effort Paul is putting into learning magic. I know that it would take years to decades to get anything meaningful, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and he has every reason to think he has time.
To be clear when I say anything meaningful. I mean "something that he can't already do far more easily with his power ring". DC has plenty of examples of people picking up a spellbook and casting out of it immediately generally a mess up, but actual results.

What would the ring do if someone uses a word that has no direct translation in another language or encounters someone who speaks like Darmok from Tanagra?

Advantage of an orange ring: if you want to, you can find anything cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back