• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

green chitin exploding wherever my shots him home
'hit'
It collapses sideways into the street with a ear-piercing screech
'an'
I will put these benighted beast of out their misery.
'beasts out of'
To effect you, he would have to spread it in person.
This is a troll because it should be 'affect', but Balewa's accent means it could be correct. If it is his accent, though, that should probably be 'hev'.

This is a troll because it should be 'affect', but Balewa's accent means it could be correct. If it is his accent, though, that should probably be 'hev'.

I believe the troll is actually because it could be both, affect and effect, and it would be correct. It depends on what the speaker was trying to convey, I think.

As a slightly less amateur grammar nazi, I approve of the troll. But other people, those that don't understand or don't read the comments, might suggest corrections in ignorance.

If he's smart? Working the other gods about how this sort of thing never happened on his watch.

Though that does bring the question of why LePaul hasn't tried to contact Hephestus.
Replying to Vaermina.

The good point is why hasn't paul asked Hephestus for help? and if he's unwilling... well Paul removed the previous king of Olympus for being inconvenient.

Funny thing is, this is not the first time they have encountered a magical global scale unnatural mental influence. They did after all, neutralise Earth-666 of its demonic corruption. Only one way to find out if the same method can be used to counter Anti-life.

Hmm. Earth-666 could in a way be considered a tutorial for this exact scenario.

Last edited:
Was it ever shown/stated how Mist became White Light enlightened?

Heh. defending one of the peoples of the Book, even if it isn't quite the same faith. Good on you.

Technically all Abrahamic religions fall under his purview.

Falil' being Adom's current chief of staff, eh?

After everyone else was killed by Queen Bee.

:eek: Shit, did Sobek actually happen? Does he need healing pronto

No, I think Falil was saying that he doesn't know how Amon could survive something like Anti-Life when they experienced it.

So, temporarily depowered. I can't remember if he's Dannered, but it leaves him at risk anyway...

He is Dannered.

Not sure it'll work that well. Billy won't have nearly the same connection to America that Adom has to Kahndaq, so his protection is likely to be weaker, if he can even manage it. Never mind that the effect is strongest there.

He may just need to find a Shinto temple and start meditating there in order to spread the Power of Susanoo.

Was it ever shown/stated how Mist became White Light enlightened?

Dr Mist is based on the Novel She, where She Who Must Be Obeyed was a 2000 year old sorceress queen who gained immortality and superhuman beauty from bathing in the flames of the Pillar of Life.

Dr Mist is implied to be Noot, from the sequel/prequel, Wisdom's Daughter.

Presuming that Dr Mist sees himself as the guardian of the Pillar of Life and so is being vague about it, I imagine in WTR there is volcano where the power of the White Light Entity spurts to the surface like lava where just anyone can bath in its fire and be reborn as a superpowered immortal, similar to the underground rivers of compassion on the planet Nok from which the Indigo Tribe forged their staves and rings.

The superpowers apparently being psychogenic in nature, since it seems like quite the coincidence that the vain as hell Ayesha gains superhuman beauty that would leave pretty much anyone doing the "We're not worthy!" skit from Wayne's World.

Hmm, would aliens coming to earth be affected by the earth-ALE infection?

It may be time to bring in outside forces.
Pull in the Orange Lanterns to fight Apokalypse invasion.

Pete Tong (part 20)
31st December 2012
21:28 GMT +2

Amon smiles when he sees me. He's made a point of getting in shape even outside his empowered form, though he's not quite as impressive like this. "Hello, Orange Lantern. What is the plan?"

"We haven't got that far, yet. The first wave of insects is being managed, but we've got no real idea how to stop the Anti-Life."

He frowns, but even without the Courage of Montu he doesn't seem particularly bothered. "That is what is driving everyone mad?"

"I get the impression that it's triggering what's there already. Magnifying the worst of them. Not like with you where they just tried to overpower you."

Dr. Balewa half walks and half staggers over to the shrine where Adom is… Praying? That, or meditating. I'm a little surprised that he's not more involved in the defence, but I suppose that I should take it as a good sign that he's got enough competent people under him that he doesn't need to.

"Batman is working on a plan?"

"I really hope so."

"You don't have one yourself?"

"I have two that are relevant. One would take about four minutes and involves evacuating everyone I care about from the planet and letting the rest go hang. The other would take months."

He looks a little disconcerted. "Four minutes? That is… That is not a great many people."

I shrug. "It's the important ones. Adom?"

"I care about all of the people of Kahndaq. But abandoning the world to its fate is something that my pride could never accept."

"Well, yes, that's why I haven't just done it yet. So, you think you can teach Captain Marvel by phone, or do you need him to come here?"

"He would merely be acting as a vector for Lord Zeus's power-" I wince. "-so there is little that he needs to learn. Why did you make that expression?"

"I organised a revolution that got Zeus overthrown. I think that Captain Marvel currently uses Susano's lightning, but I… Didn't follow up."

"Susano. Who is 'Susano'?"

"Shinto god of various things, including lightning."

I can hear Adom not sigh.

"Obviously, if I'd have known this was going to happen I wouldn't have done it yet, but Zeus had needed to go for a while."

"Is he powerful?"

"Um."

"It is not a question of power. It is a question of whether or not he is willing to risk himself. Zeus is proud. He would not tolerate his people falling under the control of another." He glances pointedly at me. "When he had a choice. The Shinto pantheon think strategically. It may be thet they decide thet we will win, and so not concern themselves."

"Or that we're going to lose, so they'd rather try barricading themselves in Shinto Heaven. But we don't really lose anything by asking."

"I should at least be able to discover whether or not it is possible by speaking with him over the phone."

"Orange Lantern to Batman."

There's a delay, during which I'm decidedly concerned that-.

"Go."

"Adom's using the Power of Atum to keep the Anti-Life out of Kahndaq. They were under attack by giant Apokoliptian insectoids but we've dealt with that for now. Adom's depowered while he's doing it-" Aside from the Danner formula, but that's hardly likely to make a difference in this situation. "-but he might be able to teach Captain Marvel. Is there a Lantern with him?"

"Thirty seconds."

The connection drops, presumably so that he can work out who's closest. I mean, just about every form of mundane and exotic communication has to be completely open to the enemy at this point.

"Teth Adom. How long can you maintain this?"

"Until I die, or Lord Montu does." He considers something for a moment. "Orange Lantern. Do they have that power? Would the Anti-Life twist the minds of the gods?"

"Ah, the Anti-Life is supposed to be universal, but I can't see how they could test it on gods as easily as on mortals. I'd guess that at the very least they'd have a harder time, and that Lord Montu has long since dealt with his own psychological weaknesses. If infecting Lord Montu was easy, you wouldn't be able to shield people with his power. Um, and when you say 'until I die'..?"

"I expect to live another forty or fifty years if I cannot use my powers again. Or though since I have Professor Danner's potion, perhaps it would be three times that."

My ring blinks.

"Answer."

Alan's face appears for a moment, nods, then is replaced by Captain Marvel's face.

"Hey."

He sounds about as low as I've ever heard him. I switch my ring's perspective so that it shows Adom instead of me.

"Captain Marvel. It should be possible for you to aid your countrymen in throwing off the Anti-Life as I am my people." Marvel nods, completely focused. "Get to somewhere safe, and then follow my instructions."

31st December 2012
14:28 GMT -5

Civilization is falling to some madman and we're in Washington DC for an impromptu Nuremberg rally. The League are a no-show. This is it. The end-.

I clutch my head, abandoning any effort to pretend that I'm fine to Shelley, while she carries on as if she didn't feel anything. I've been attacked telepathically before but this is something else. What sort of sick bastard-.

"Shelley, what the hell are we doing here?"

"You are here to bear witness to a statement of power."

"The guys in Stormtrooper helmets?"

And boy are there a lot of them. It's gotta be mind control. More and more people are falling in line without any organization. No one's telling them to do it, they're just getting in line.

Waiting for someone. Or something.

"No." She yanks on the noose, and though I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it. "Watch."

She tugs my head in the direction of-

BOOM!

-the Lincoln Memorial, which means that I get a front row seat to seeing it demolished by the giant grey and red robot which strides through the portal.

"Classy. What is it?"

"That is Finality Man, and it is here to kill the Justice League."

Last edited:
He frowns, but even without the Courage of Montu he doesn't seem particularly bothered

He has dealt with it before.

currently uses Susano's lightning, but I… Didn't follow up."

"Susanoo"

I can hear Adom not sigh

That's a common response from those that deal with Paul.

Zeus is proud. He would not tolerate his people falling under the control of another

He has allowed it before.

Granted, that was to the Presence, who can potentially unmake reality at will.

Darkseid is strong, but Zeus may honestly have a pretty good chance at beating him.

The Shinto pantheon think strategically. It may be thet they decide that we will win, and so not concern themselves."

Or they decide to switch sides.

seat to seeing is demolished

"seeing it"

Now I'm wondering if it was just random destruction, a show of power, or if it was some kind of attack against the American spirit.

"That is Finality Man, and it is here to kill the Justice League

Well shot.

Hopefully they can either destroy it or get it back.

Who was the woman at the end?

Damn, first time I've had to change my style of the page to properly understand who was speaking, besides the Illustres, because it was kind of difficult to discern just by the text. The dialogues were jumping from one to other so sporadically.

31st December 2012
21:28 GMT +2

Amon smiles when he sees me. He's made a point of getting in shape even outside his empowered form, though he's not quite as impressive like this. "Hello, Orange Lantern. What is the plan?"

"We haven't got that far, yet. The first wave of insects are being managed, but we've got no real idea how to stop the Anti-Life."
That does rather assume there'll be a second wave, but I doubt the Dark Side would stop at one attack. They need to crush all resistance before word of it spreads, or the overwhelming force of the Anti-Life could be weakened by hope. Time is on their side, unfortunately...

He frowns, but even without the Courage of Montu he doesn't seem particularly bothered. "That is what is driving everyone mad?"

"I get the impression that it's triggering what's there already. Magnifying the worst of them. Not like with you where they just tried to overpower you."
An astute observation. Adom's Will is impressive. It's no surprise that he could resist the Anti-Life in the forms we've seen thus far.

Dr. Balewa half walks and half staggers over to the shrine where Adom is… Praying? That, or meditating. I'm a little surprised that he's not more involved in the defence, but I suppose that I should take it as a good sign that he's got enough competent people under him that he doesn't need to.

"Batman is working on a plan?"
And Adom not fighting means less distractions for the focus he clearly needs to maintain this...

"I really hope so."

"You don't have one yourself?"

"I have two that are relevant. One would take about four minutes and involves evacuating everyone I care about from the planet and letting the rest go hang. The other would take months."
...Well, that's Enlightenment for you. 'What's mine is mine, let the rest fry.' is one form of wanting, after all.

He looks a little disconcerted. "Four minutes? That is… That is not a great many people."

I shrug. "It's the important ones. Adom?"
...Not a good plan for anyone not on your list, though.

"I care about all of the people of Kahndaq. But abandoning the world to its fate is something that my pride could never accept."

"Well, yes, that's why I haven't just done it yet. So, you think you can teach Captain Marvel by phone, or do you need him to come here?"
Though I suspect the latter comes down to 'how busy are he and the sidekicks?' since him doing this would depower them too. And Dannering or not, they can't fight the world.

"He would merely be acting as a vector for Lord Zeus's power-" I wince. "-so there is little that he needs to learn. Why did you make that expression?"

"I organised a revolution that got Zeus overthrown. I think that Captain Marvel currently uses Susano's lightning, but I… Didn't follow up."
Sloppy, OL. You're usually better about that sort of thing. Is the sheer stupidity of people getting to you?

"Shinto god of various things, including lightning."
And he would be dreadfully annoyed that you aren't using his full title.

I can hear Adom not sigh.

"Obviously, if I'd have known this was going to happen I wouldn't have done it yet, but Zeus had needed to go for a while."
Sure, but him punishing Diana for saying 'let's not.' to his proposition was kind of a big last straw.

"Is he powerful?"

"Um."
I mean, it's not like Lightning is his sole portfolio. He oversees a great many things.

"It is not a question of power. It is a question of whether or not he is willing to risk himself. Zeus is proud. He would not tolerate his people falling under the control of another." He glances pointedly at me. "When he had a choice. The Shinto pantheon think strategically. It may be thet they decide that we will win, and so not concern themselves."

"Or that we're going to lose, so they'd rather try barricading themselves in Shinto Heaven. But we don't really lose anything by asking."
And suddenly, OL sees a downside to his actions. Well done, OL.

"I should at least be able to discover whether or not it is possible by speaking with him over the phone."

"Orange Lantern to Batman."
Well, this is proving to be a fine day for shoving OL's nose in his mistakes, isn't it?

There's a delay, during which I'm decidedly concerned that-.

"Go."
Ah, good, he isn't dead. Or worse, Justified. Let's hope he stays that way.

"Adom's using the Power of Atum to keep the Anti-Life out of Kahndaq. They were under attack by giant Apokoliptian insectoids but we've dealt with that for now. Adom's depowered while he's doing it-" Aside from the Danner formula, but that's hardly likely to make a difference in this situation. "-but he might be able to teach Captain Marvel. Is there a Lantern with him?"

"Thirty seconds."
I mean, he'll survive if a giant insect manages to bust in and try to step on him. Or if a more conventional assassination attempt is launched.

The connection drops, presumably so that he can work out who's closest. I mean, just about every form of mundane and exotic communication has to be completely open to the enemy at this point.

"Teth Adom. How long can you maintain this?"
Especially since he's not exactly got the Stamina of Shu right now. Danner formula can only take you so far, too.

"Until I die, or Lord Montu does." He considers something for a moment. "Orange Lantern. Do they have that power? Would the Anti-Life twist the minds of the gods?"

"Ah, the Anti-Life is supposed to be universal, but I can't see how they could test it on gods as easily as on mortals. I'd guess that at the very least they'd have a harder time, and that Lord Montu has long since dealt with his own psychological weaknesses. If infecting Lord Montu was easy, you wouldn't be able to shield people with his power. Um, and when you say 'until I die'..?"
As we've seen on the Renegade's side, the more powerful and focused your metaphysical self is, the tougher you become. I would assume that applies to resistance to non-specific Anti-Life exposure, too. (Renegade got whammied by Life=Pain because of Jade's violent rejection minutes earlier, leaving a big hole in his defences.)

"I expect to live another forty or fifty years if I cannot use my powers again. Or though since I have Professor Danner's potion, perhaps it would be three times that."

My ring blinks.
Or longer, given that the good doctor himself is still alive, and barely looks middle-aged. Oops, wrong Danner.

"Answer."

Alan's face appears for a moment, nods, then is replaced by Captain Marvel's face.
Hopefully not pulling away from anything important for this.

"Hey."

He sounds about as low as I've ever heard him. I switch my ring's perspective so that it shows Adom instead of me.
I can't imagine that's not because of the Anti-Life hitting him hard, because of his youth. Man, the kids of the DC Earth must be in constant therapy with all the disasters...

"Captain Marvel. It should be possible for you to aid your countrymen in throwing off the Anti-Life as I am my people." Marvel nods, completely focused. "Get to somewhere safe, and then follow my instructions."

31st December 2012
14:28 GMT -5
And what a time to cut away...

Civilization is falling to some madman and we're in Washington DC for an impromptu Nuremberg rally. The League are a no-show. This is it. The end-.

I clutch my head, abandoning any effort to pretend that I'm fine to Shelley, while she carries on as if she didn't feel anything. I've been attacked telepathically before but this is something else. What sort of sick bastard-.
Ah, Lois. Still resisting. Good on you!

"Shelley, what the hell are we doing here?"

"You are here to bare witness to a statement of power."
;) (...I think Lois would rather keep her clothes on, thank you. Unlike you, miss Whip. :oops: Though stripping her probably would add to the psychological damage they're trying to inflict...)
Regardless, I assume having Lois here is intended to make Superman more hesitant to come blasting in. Given he's the iconic big gun of the League (despite them having far more powerful members and associates now...)

"The guys in Stormtrooper helmets?"

And boy are there a lot of them. It's gotta be mind control. More and more people are falling in line without any organization. No one's telling them to do it, they're just getting in line.
And every one of them is going to raise arms against the people trying to save them... Forget humanity's children, the League are going to need therapy after this.

Waiting for someone. Or something.

"No." She yanks on the noose, and they I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it. "Watch."
Ah, biding your time to make her taste your shoe leather... From the inside.

She tugs my head in the direction of-

BOOM!

-the Lincoln Memorial, which means that I get a front row seat to seeing is demolished by the giant grey and red robot which strides through the portal.
Again? Man, how rude can these alien invaders get?

"Classy. What is it?"

"That is Finality Man, and it is here to kill the Justice League."
...Well, shit. Is that you, Drax?
(edited to the correct universe's version of Infinity-Man.)

Let me guess: the Dark Side is going to break the will to resist of the hold-outs by destroying Earth's greatest defence in as public a manner as possible? It's a very Apokaliptian way to go about it, I suppose. And if they've deployed it, then they have no doubts that it can do exactly that. Which still leaves a big opportunity to give them a surprise... Somehow.

"You are here to bare witness to a statement of power."
"You are here to bear witness to a statement of power."
...and they I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it.
...and though I could totally throw her off I decide to go along with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back