• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Previously in QQ, if you had an alert on the thread, you'd only get notice for posts by the OP and the first unread post in the thread until you viewed it again - now, however, every watched thread that has had any new posts pops up with a notification. It makes keeping track of actual updates substantially more challenging.
Go to notification preferences and disable "Generate new alerts without reading threads"

Sorry for the noob question but is there a setting that make it so a new chapter alert didn't get automatically read? I usually click alerts so the number didn't get big but I just realize that new chapter alert got read also.
near as I can tell you need to look throguh all the alerts then manually click the "mark unread" on the ones that interest you

I think what you're looking for is the 'Pop-up auto-read' setting. Go into Preferences and un-check 'Pop-up auto-read' for the alerts you don't want marked as read as soon as you see them.

In preferences, under 'Settings by notification category: When someone…', for each thing you can get an alert for, you have:

[X] Alert [X] Pop-up auto-read

'Alert' is what makes it so you get an alert for that action in the first place. When {THING} happens, you get an alert for it if this is checked for {THING}.
'Pop-up auto-read', when checked, makes it so that for that alert, as soon as you click the alert bell to see your alerts, it automatically marks that alert as 'read'.

So if you want Alert type {THING} to not automatically be set to 'read' as soon as you see it, then un-check that. That way, it won't count as read until after either you click on it or you click 'mark as read' on the alert itself.

So I've already made my practical complaints, but why do none of the styles match the palette of the old default? This was basically the only website where I didn't use dark mode because they managed to pick tones that were easy on my eyes. Why does the new default use different tones?

The multiple post error I mentioned earlier lead to someone accidentally posting duplicate messages on my profile.

So I've already made my practical complaints, but why do none of the styles match the palette of the old default? This was basically the only website where I didn't use dark mode because they managed to pick tones that were easy on my eyes. Why does the new default use different tones?
That'd be because XF 1 styles/themes are not compatible to XF 2.

And if you want to get any style or theme for XF? You gotta pay cash money, once to buy it, and then more money on a yearly basis to get support for it.

The Blackened theme/style was a decent look even if not the same as OG dark themes

What about the lack of a Copy/Paste for images? Is that a bug or a feature?

Yes, I'm aware of the link image with a URL thing, but that's annoying and tedious when copy/pasting was so much quicker and easier to do.

@alethiophile
Uh, so there appears to be some kind of arbitrary character limit to posts now (if there was one before it was significantly higher). Could we please get that removed if possible?

I think the alert system is somehow more 'sensitive' than before for nsfw creative writing , I got 8 alerts for 3 different threads and each alert is from a different person, with only 1 of them being from the thread creator / original poster

As of now there are 33 alerts just for today with only 5 of them being from the original poster

Compared to the average of 2 or 4 alerts from different people before the update.

Also does anyone know how to get rid of the banner at the left part of the screen? The banner is to show the name of a poster but it goes all the way down until the post end and it's kinda annoying.

I'm in mobile and I only see the banner when in landscape mode

Last edited:
Why is my alert preference default to "watch this thread and receive email notifications".
I've been bombarded by numerous notifications with this.

Im receiving alerts but all of them come matked as read, so i have to continuously keep checking if i've gotten one and mark them as unread until im able or ready to read them.
its pretty annoying :c

Screenshot-20240510-210021-Firefox-Nightly.jpg

I wish the dark mode wasn't grey on grey. A white text of black background would be nice, maybe 2 or 3 variations in intensity (Dark 1,2,3) for people who prefer mushy grey rather than SV style dark mode.

Hell, I like the way it looks in the actual text box ad I'm typing this, but not how the stuff I have to read looks.

I think the alert system is somehow more 'sensitive' than before for nsfw creative writing , I got 8 alerts for 3 different threads and each alert is from a different person, with only 1 of them being from the thread creator / original poster

As of now there are 33 alerts just for today with only 5 of them being from the original poster
This post explains how to fix that:
Go to notification preferences and disable "Generate new alerts without reading threads"

That's the Blackened High Contrast theme
It does a bit more then just make the text white unfortunately, makes the background a bit TOO black in my opinion alongside makeing some text blue that I would rather stay well NOT blue but yeah, it seems the best choice available right now rip transitionary issues I feel are gonna be a problem for some time to come if the old themes are just gone now among other issues people seem to be having that I don't feel are gonna be fixed easily.

It does a bit more then just make the text white unfortunately, makes the background a bit TOO black in my opinion alongside makeing some text blue that I would rather stay well NOT blue but yeah, it seems the best choice available right now rip transitionary issues I feel are gonna be a problem for some time to come if the old themes are just gone now among other issues people seem to be having that I don't feel are gonna be fixed easily.
Try the Lightened theme. It's roughly the same colors as QQs old default theme.

I'm not scrolling through forty plus pages to see if someone else has mentioned it, but there's an issue when attempting to post a message on a user's profile page.

If you left click the message box before you post, it will duplicate the message box and it's contents underneath the first. You can very easily get four or more duplicate messge boxes this way if you're not careful.

Thankfully, if you hit post, it'll only post the bottom most one, but the others will still be there and waiting to dupilcate themselves.

With alerts, it kind of transitions them to read automatically on opening the alerts page or the dropdown, and it does it in seconds so if there are multiple, it becomes a pain to know which ones were checked already and which weren't

I'm not scrolling through forty plus pages to see if someone else has mentioned it, but there's an issue when attempting to post a message on a user's profile page.

If you left click the message box before you post, it will duplicate the message box and it's contents underneath the first. You can very easily get four or more duplicate messge boxes this way if you're not careful.

Thankfully, if you hit post, it'll only post the bottom most one, but the others will still be there and waiting to dupilcate themselves.
But you could check the two threadmarks about it.

Commenting on profile posts/status - bugged.
...Specifically: clicking the comment/status box to type in it duplicates the box (along with whatever text is inside it at the time). Subsequent clicks (but not typing) generate another duplicate box for each click. (Fortunately, actually hitting Post only posts the comment/status update you were just typing in; but that doesn't clear any of the boxes, which can only be cleared/removed by Refreshing the page.)
A user accidentally posted the same message twice on my profile without meaning too.

Not sure if it's related to this bug or not.

Well, I just had an annoying little bug crop up. Somehow my alert settings turned on the "generate new alerts when marked as read" feature when I had explicitly made sure it was turned off, also I can confirm that the page width is resetting itself without user input.

Few issues/suggestions:
1. I would appreciate an option of "New threadmarks always generate alerts" would be nice, like on SB, since currently posts by users other than OP (like most omakes for example) being trademarked doesn't seem to generate alerts.
2. The read and unread alert having different background colours (like they do on SB and SV) would be nice (I swore they worked that way for a short time day or two after transition before stopping, did I somehow accidentally disabled that by messing with prefences?).
3. Having more threadmark categories (either same Sidestory, Apocrypha and Media as SB/SV or something similar) would also be a good option if anything.

Last edited:
Are ',' and '.' keys now bound to pop up Conversations and Alerts respectively now, or is this just a weird interaction with my browser extensions?

("Key Jump keyboard navigation" ( https://github.com/KennethSundqvist/key-jump-browser-extension ) in this case. On all other sites, including SpaceBattles, pressing ',' just displays the numbered hints, but on QQ, it pops up Conversations (triggering the browser to scroll to the top) and also displays the numbered hints. That's a problem because usually the link I wanted to activate has been put offscreen by the automatic scrolling.)

The TinyMCE option for the Rich Text Editor doesn't follow the preferences... It blinded me because it is in light mode while I am using dark mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back