• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Can you put tags on a block-list yet, and if not, is that a feature the site supports now which you could add?

Alerts from several threads haven't been coming in since the transfer. That was always a problem with some threads. But I have no idea what I can do about it happening. I don't know what threads alerts will or wont work for anymore.

*plays round with stuff*

TTT12 TTT15 TTTdefault TTT18 TTTdefault TTT15 TTT12

...Okay then.

Reply-box default text-size is 16. Quote default text-size is...what, 13? 12.5? Everything else transfers just fine, it's just the differing default-values that's throwing everything out in Quotes.
This is an issue I came across the other day, but I don't remember if I explained it here, or just in my Stylus post.

Text in quotes and "unfurl" boxes have hardcoded font sizes for the body and title areas (13px and 15px) for all themes except Light and Dark (so Default, Blackened, and Lightened). Light and Dark have those font sizes set to rem values, so they scale with the overall site font size.

These are the relevant rules, and what the font size should be set to (ie: what Light and Dark use):
CSS:
.bbCodeBlock.bbCodeBlock--quote .bbCodeBlock-content,
.bbCodeBlock-title {
    font-size: 0.8125rem;
    font-size: max(0.8125rem, 13px);
}

.bbCodeBlock--unfurl .contentRow-snippet {
    font-size: 0.75rem;
    font-size: max(0.75rem, 13px);
}

.bbCodeBlock--unfurl .contentRow-header {
    font-size: 0.9275rem;
    font-size: max(0.9275rem, 13px);
}

.block--messages .message-cell--threadmark-header {
    font-size: 0.75rem;
    font-size: max(0.75rem, 13px);
}
I've set those in my Stylus ruleset to override the defaults. But yeah, the other themes need to be fixed.

Edit: From what @PinkShadowReader said, I checked, and yeah, .block--messages .message-cell--threadmark-header also has a hard-coded font size, and should be fixed. The Blackened theme has 12px, while the Dark theme uses 0.75rem. Added this to the above code.

Edit2: You can also add in a max() function to prevent the rem values from dropping below a certain minimum limit. I added that to the above code, set as an override for the sake of older browsers.

Last edited:
The Muted status banner seems to have lost its background. Thought some had set their status to that when I saw an example just now.

Edit: Gone For Good is also missing it's background banner.

Last edited:
Comment boxes still multiply on profile pages. You click it once and a second box appears below with the same text you type in or pieces. This can develop into a a tower of 20 or more comment boxes copy and pasted and the only way to fix it is to reload the tab.

Unsure if it has been taken up.

The threadmark titles and threadmarks doesn't get bigger despite that the user switch to a larger font in 'Change Font Size' in settings.

Yo in the old one when you go to a new thread mark the top of the screen showed the index, forward, and back buttons in the same spot every time which is really nice as a quality of life improvement so you can rapidly switch between them with a click.
Currently when a thread mark page opens either from a bookmark or from going to next thread mark etc. it opens low enough on the page the index and thread mark are not visible unless you scroll up too find it. Not a huge deal but it is something the old site got right 90% of the time and was really nice when it worked.

I dislike having the navigation bar taking so much room while browsing and the new dark theme, however the alerts are more worrying to me. I am only getting sporadic alerts and they stopped yesterday. I can get around it by going to watched threads and filtering for last threadmark but the functionality seems to have been lost in transition.

I dislike having the navigation bar taking so much room while browsing and the new dark theme, however the alerts are more worrying to me. I am only getting sporadic alerts and they stopped yesterday. I can get around it by going to watched threads and filtering for last threadmark but the functionality seems to have been lost in transition.

That's because Xen 2 uses a completely different Threadmarks addon than Xen 1 had used.

Hey, I just noticed that when I click on a link directing me to a post, it puts me in a random page instead!

Possible bug?

😵‍💫
Can you find one of the links that acts this way and post it here?

So now you can get 400 chapters per page whenever you view all threadsmarks, which is nice, but can it be possible to have a all/infinite chapter per page on that?
For the moment this is not possible. There are potential performance issues in loading thousands of threadmarks per page load.

I currently don't understand the threadmark system that deeply, so I'll have to dive into that further before I can see if this is feasible to change later.

Top Bar Clean Up Proposal

r7x2d1.jpg

- "Home" button continues to lead to main forum page. Right now it's a duplicate of the "Forums" button but that can change (see below).

- New Posts and New Threadmarks go into "What's New". One of them becomes the default action for clicking the "What's New" button.

- "Watched" becomes the default for the "Forums" button, since "Home" does the job of the current button.

- "Search Forums" disappears since it's a repeat of another top bar button.

- "Mark Forums Read" gets hidden in a menu somewhere, or in a menu on a specific screen instead of being available everywhere. Honestly not something I want to click by accident, let alone on purpose.

With these changes, the top bar can be consolidated to be only one line, which will give more space for content.

Does XF2 have a way to block tags as well as threads and users? It would be really nice if I could ban the Worm tag and then never see another Worm thread ever again.

There used to buttons for Super- and Sub-Scripts.
phydgc.png

There's also now no button for 'unlink'
You can (sometimes) click on your link and a floating menu appears to let you remove it, but sometimes that menu just... doesn't appear?
Meaning that the only way to remove the link is to switch to the plain text editor and manually delete the tags.

- "Watched" becomes the default for the "Forums" button, since "Home" does the job of the current button.
In a perfect world, I'd want the "Home" button to be configurable in preferences, where it can lead to the forums page, or the watched page, or maybe a general site home page (EnWorld does that). Leave the Forums button to go to the main forums page.

Forums should go to forums.

Last edited:
I am currently having an issue with a unwanted threadmark that refuses to be removed. As an author this is frustrating because my readers need to be able to easily find my chapters, not every random post the stupid forum insists in marking.

This occurred after I added a post to the 'extra's' tab and it now insists on adding my next post I made after that as a post with the same name in the threadmark's tab. I hope this is not intended behavior because it's very stupid behavior.

In a perfect world, I'd want the "Home" button to be configurable in preferences, where it can lead to the forums page, or the watched page, or maybe a general site home page (EnWorld does that). Leave the Forums button to go to the main forums page.

Forums should go to forums.

Rename "Home" -> Forums, and it goes to the Forum page.

Rename "Forums" -> Threads, and it goes to Watched Threads.

Leftmost button is the most general (neutral) one. It should not be configurable not unreliable.

Is there a way to see the post in the email notification? so you know if it's a new threadmark or just a reply to the thread without opening the post

love the design, tough the new system seems to abbort loading the site when you have a slow internet connetion.

meaning it simply shows half the page but then stopps loading. (noticed at work where i only have slow internet, on firefox up to date)
it also doesnt show the page when only the pictures arent loaded yet.
sometimes it doesnt load things in spoilers (yes even when the spoiler is only text)

no other bug found so far ^^
Have Fun

Can you find one of the links that acts this way and post it here?

I already edited the post and fix the problem by making a new link. Is it bad that I have done that?

But I swear the old link did take me into a random page in the thread instead of the post that it was supposed to be connected to!

I didn't even edited the post until now! Maybe I'm the only one who got this weird problem.

😵‍💫

so i'm having an issue where when I copy and paste from word it randomly deletes spaces running words together, this is a problem for me since I mostly write fiction in word and post into the text box and check it there

I already edited the post and fix the problem by making a new link. Is it bad that I have done that?

But I swear the old link did take me into a random page in the thread instead of the post that it was supposed to be connected to!

I didn't even edited the post until now! Maybe I'm the only one who got this weird problem.

😵‍💫
I can look at the history if needs be, so just link to that post.

Ok, so I removed the threadmark finally. There was another option on the actual threadmark header to remove it, but the weird thing is it asked me for a reason like I needed to justify to moderation deleting my own threadmark which is just weird.

Also, I will say that thread controls for authors need to be condensed down into one location. I shouldn't be having to hunt all over the place trying to modify titles, add or remove threadmarks, or rearrange threadmarks. Especially when half the controls don't actually work because removing the threadmark category in the edit post box doesn't actually do anything. It honestly boggles my mind that it's so disorganized and such a mess.

Last edited:
One thing I've really noticed is that, when going to a new post in a thread, it starts at the line below the time rather than at the very top of the post:

View: https://imgur.com/a/5oHg2bn

OK, so I unstickied the bar after this and it did bring it to the top of posts as it used to. But unless I've gone completely insane, it now goes to a little bit ABOVE the post now:

View: https://imgur.com/s8p2Ek5

Stickying the bar just produces the same problem as before.

OK, so I unstickied the bar after this and it did bring it to the top of posts as it used to. But unless I've gone completely insane, it now goes to a little bit ABOVE the post now:

Mentioned this before at some point, somehwere, yeah.

When loading new pages, if you have the bar un-stickied, pages load as if the bar was there, so the post you load is *slightly* below where it should be, rather than being at the top. It's a minor thing, but slightly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back